Thursday, April 14, 2011

Llena de Amor #169 (Mex. 200-201) Thu 4/14/11 Thanks For The Memories

This is my swan song, folks (imagine Bob Hope singing it, o.k.?). It's been fun. But I'm done. Hope your telenovelas to come will be passionate, exciting, full of broad-shouldered hunks and bodacious babes, fresa-speak and funny moments, and lots and lots of opportunities to learn more about Latino language and culture. I've learned a lot working alongside you all-- teammates and commenters alike. It's been great . But now it's time for someone fresh and enthusiastic to step up and take my place. Enjoy!

Capitulo 200

Lo's Apartment
We start with Mau, who seems to be in a state of chronic erection, trying to force himself on Ilitia. If she responds to his slimey kiss with passion, he might spare Brandon's life. She tries. But can't. Okay then. Brandon's fate is sealed, sez he.

The Boarding House
We continue with Vicky, who seems to be in a state of chronic bitchiness, showing no compassion for Eman's dilemma concerning Fedra. He knows his mom has done all kinds of evil, but now she lies in a hospital bed, alone, friendless (except for faithful Bernardo) and paralyzed. And for a good Latino boy, the Mother is sacred. No empathy from Vick though. She's an avenging beayatch through and through. Too bad she's destined to be the Amor de su Vida, but they say you always fall in love with someone who resembles your parent. And here we have the proof!
.
Lo's Apartment
Lorenzo sends Mau off to dispatch Brandon. The latter happily thought bubbles that he's going to destroy Low soon and get his clutches on Ilitia. A strategic thinker is our Mau. Just with the wrong organ.

Now for that tender father-daughter chat.

Pops is explaining that while's she's pretty, she's not the sharpest cuchillo in the drawer. There are bad people out there who manipulate the rich though unplanned pregnancy. Begoña did it to him and tried to destroy his marriage to Muñeca. She had to die. And Brandon did it to Ilitia and tried to destroy her marriage to Eman. So he's next on the Elimination Short List. Dang it, nobody messes with the Porta-Lopez family! Nobody! Lots of twisting, tears and pleading looks from Ilitia. To no avail. Papa has spoken.

Hospital-Fedra's room

A grumpy Fedra gets visited by an equally cranky José Maria. They bicker about their past. Fedra opines that it wasn't that great on his friggin' boat and it's not so great now. Do her a favor. Kill her now, since her suicide attempt didn't work. Life isn't worth living . Chema quietly assures her he could never harm the mother of his child. Emiliano arrives and wants to know who they're talking about.

How long are you going to hide the truth about our son? demands José. The child you denied? asks Fedra. I lost him the day the ship went down.

Boarding House

Netty and Oliver are tut-tutting over Gretel's relapse and how horrible it must have been to think the woman she believed to be her mother was a killer.

Lo's Apartment
Ilitia, gag off, is speaking her piece. I'm the only one responsible for my divorce (that sounds like Redemption talking!) I couldn't win Eman from Marianela and Vicky. But I promise I'll forget Brandon and never see him again. Pero por favor! Please don't kill him!

I'll let you out of here for his funeral, that's all, snarls Lo.

Time to play the big card.

Mauricio is the one who raped me.

Lo doesn't believe her. She's just buying time. No, I'm not! Dad, I can't believe you're in business with that scum! And that you've sent him to kill a Good Man. Brandon was the one who saved me...helped me heal from that nightmare....who beat Mauricio so badly and kept him away from me. THEN YOU...YOU PUT ME IN A ROOM WITH HIM AGAIN, LET HIM PUT HIS HANDS ALL OVER ME!

Lo processes this last bit, finally believes her story, and vows to make Mauricio pay. But wait! More Redemption...Ilitia doesn't want VENGEANCE. Only to save Brandon's life. Take that Direct Card to Heaven, Fresa, you have turned the Sanctification Corner.

Hospital Corridor
Emiliano, fresh from J.M. and Fedra's cryptic conversation, begins to suspect that Emanuel is not his son. Uncle Max already tried to tell him. And He remembers Eman admitting that he has doubts of being his biological offspring. Emiliano, clutching his left arm and chest, staggers and falls to the ground. Another cardiac crisis. Hang tight.

The docs have carted Emiliano off to Intensive Care and Eman and J.M. are left glaring at each other. But José Maria doesn't want to leave Eman all alone, and the latter knows that all the ugly stuff Fedra told him about el Capitán was a lie. So yeah, stay if you want. And you can have your job back at the cantina. We haven't hired anybody else. And now the Happy Family story of how Emanuel came to be. Chema and Juana Felipa were madly in love. And he was created from that Love. (Well, it's all a matter of perception isn't it? And heck, I like the story presented this way. Why not?)

Emanuel's still standoffish and wants J.M. to know as far as he's concerned Emiliano is his Real Father. Fine. But please don't push me away. Get to know me. Trato hecho. Eman's on board. And the docs arrive with the good news that Emiliano is out of danger and “resting comfortably” as they say, in intensive care.

Fedra's Hospital Room
Bernardo's still pleading his amante case. He's the only one who's stuck by Fedra. That menso de Lorenzo has abandoned her now that she's paralyzed. Fedra's as bored by his passion as ever. So when Emanuel arrives, it's a relief. Even though he KNOWS. He knows who she is, what she's done and her real name. And he still loves her. She's his Mother. (I know some of you are probably gagging here. But the premise is that real love...whether for parent, child or lover...persists through all trials and disillusionments. One may prevent a wicked person from doing harm, and bring him to justice. But withdraw love? Never. You either buy that argument or you don't. But it's Basic Telenovela 101.)

Fedra's trying to negotiate her way out of trouble though. She reminds Eman that she gave him life. Therefore he has to defend her from Marianela and Netty who are both out to get her. I love you Mom. I just want you to get better. But what is to happen will happen. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Fedra, in perhaps her first moment of shame ever, pulls her hair halfway across her face.
Netty's Boarding house
Netty, on the other hand is fine with vengeance and just wants to cut the head off that Juana Felipa serpent. And San Antonio bendito! Maybe Fedra was even behind the helicopter explosion that killed her sister. We still lack the proof on that, muses Mari, while offering the lame excuse that “she promised Gretel” to keep Luis Felipe's murder quiet all this time. (I find the contemplation of out and out Evil less disturbing the the out and out Stupidity and Cowardice of these characters constantly withholding vital information. But that's just me. And idiotically keeping secrets that lead to more death and destruction is also Basic Telenovela 101.)

Vocabulario:
pasarme la factura = hold me to account for, make me pay (emotionally) for whatever
la mordaza = gag
le tengo pavor = I'm terrified of him: “pavor” is a much stronger word than “miedo” (Ilitia about Mauricio)
cuchillo = knife
trato hecho = it's a deal
menso = stoopid
más fácil que la tabla de uno =easier than the multiplication table of "one" (Fedra, dismissing Lorenzo's affair with Kristel as not important, since the latter is so "easy")

Dicho of the Day

a la hora de la hora = when the going gets tough
No vayas a echarte para atrás a la hora de la hora. =Don't back down when the going gets tough.

And we know it's going to be tough from now on. Things are coming to a head. Will we have a happy ending? You betcha. It may be butchered by the editing, but rest assured that Evil will be punished, Good will be rewarded and everyone will cozy up with their Amor de la Vida forever after.

But first we have Capitulo 201 to slog through. (And a few more besides. But not on my night, thank God.)

Capitulo 201

Fedra's Hospital Room
(Valentino Lanus is doing a fabulous job here. Just enough tenderness and emotion to wring your heart out. If Fedra had a heart. ) You are....my mamá...mi madre, he whispers. I'll always love you. Fedra's blue about Lorenzo's absence which puzzles Eman. You're telling me that even after what happened with Kristel, you still want to be with him.!? Are you REALLY in love with him? Wha'...do you think I'd sleep with just anybody? snaps Fedra. Whoopsie. They both spend an awkward mili-second thinking about Mom's early career path, and then Eman gently asks if she wants him to go to Low's apartment and make him come visit. She does. Here's the key. Go my faithful son! (Must say this scene was beautifully acted by both Azela and Valentino. By contrast, whenever the actress playing Marianela is on the screen, I can't help but notice her flat empty eyes. She has a lot to learn from these two veterans.)

Boarding House
Vicky-It's-All-About-Me Gartha is moping and yearning for el Lirio. Doris bursts in, enraged that Brandon has beaten up André and chapped that her family doesn't accept her noble mission to love and marry her SIDA infected beau. It's not fair! It's her life!

Hospital
And we see a changed André (well, okay...there's the black eye...but also a new attitude) reassuring Emanuel that his dad will pull through and that, despite Doris' family objections, Mr. André is a changed man. Remember how I didn't believe in Love? Now I do! (Okay...Two Redemptions down. Ilitia and André. Anyone holding out hope for Kristel? Yeah, you're right. Too much to expect.)

Boarding House
Miss Vicky is as crusty as ever. Grinching on about vengeance plans while Doris attempts to get her to forget about revenge and hate. Nothin' doin. Fedra killed my dad. I want to put her away now, but Emanuel keeps pleading for Time. Such a putz.

Gravesite
Dandy's as it turns out. Lo learned that Dandy was the chauffeur who heartlessly delivered his princess to Mauricio to be defiled on her wedding day. Reward? To dig his own grave and then tumble in after a shot through the chest from Lorenzo. His last minute pleas for mercy (I'll kill Mauricio for ya, boss) were met with indifference. I have something much worse planned for Fonseca, mutters Lorenzo, before pulling the trigger.

Restaurant
Doctora Chelatina returns to lift our spirits from that somber episode. It's Oliver in our favorite disguise. On stakeout following Mauricio. She's shaking and baking, hair-flipping and flirting, and Mau, with his ever-ready genitals aroused, is fascinated. Manolo, peeking in the door, is perturbed to find her psychologist here, but whatever. Her job remains the same. Follow Mau and see what he's up to.

Well wining and dining Brandon, it would seem. Is this any way to go about killing a guy? Oh yeah, that was just a ploy to get Ilitia to give over. For now, his real target is bringing down Low. Mauricio throws out the first long slow pitch (and by the way, the Cincinnati Reds are going to win the pennant this year!) Okay, where was I? Yes, Mau tells Brandon not to worry about the cost of the exquisite French wine or the fabulous food they can order. Lorenzo wants our naco poli to realize what a good life he would have enjoyed had he married Ilitia. And then Lo is going to execute him.

But he sent you to do the dirty work, did he, sneers Brandon, emptying his goblet of expensive vintage into the wine bucket.. Mau switches gears. I promise to leave Victoria de la Gartha alone if you assure me you'll go after Lorenzo and destroy him. Put him away in prison forever. (Seems like a win-win situation. For now.)

Boarding House
Vicky drones on to Doris about how “only in el Lirio's arms can she be at peace.” Even so, responds Doris. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU. (Really!?) Doris continues, What about the baby? Your madrina needs to know that you're pregnant. Shazaaam. Just then Netty enters. And overhears. Cara impactada. But also shrieks of excitement. I'm going to be a Tia Abuela. But wait! What!!!!????It's not Emanuel's baby? You mean you're not “una mujer de un solo hombre” like me. Who is it then!? Tell me now!

Lo's Apartment
Emanuel and André walk in and hear Ilitia's frantic calls for help. Eman tries the locked door. Locked. André gives a flying karate kick (very impressive) and busts the thing down. Another star in his Redemption Crown. Ilitia gets another one too as she blurts out “Save Brandon. I don't want him to die. He's the father of my baby!”

Eman calls the boarding house to warn Brandon. He's not there. Leaves instructions that if they locate him they're to call him on his cell immediately. Then he confronts Ilitia.
Emanuel: Why did you hide the truth for so long? You've done irreparable damage to so many with your lies.
I: I did it for Love
E: You betrayed me, cheated me, destroyed my life. How can you call that Love?
I: I wanted to be the perfect wife for you.
E: No! It was never about me. You wanted my name, my social standing, my money.

André, in his newly redeemed saintly status, interrupts here and tries to get Emanuel to lighten up. Doesn't work.

E: You had many chances to correct things, Ilitia, and you didn't!
I: I lied for Love. Your mother said she'd kill me, the baby and Brandon, if I revealed that I was pregnant by him and not you.
E: You expect me to believe my mom threatened you this way1?
I: Yes. Listen, I just found out that my father is the worst guy in the world. There's a reason why he and Fedra are lovers. And I also found out he's going to kill you too. He thinks you're responsible for my unhappiness. He believes if you hadn't taken up with Marianela and Vicky, I would never have gotten involved with Brandon.
E: I'm not responsible for YOUR decisions!
I: I know. You fell for Marianela. I fell for Brandon. If he dies, I die too. I couldn't admit it to myself for a long time. But I'm in love with him. He's the Love of my Life.

Whew. Glad we got that settled. Ilitia is thoroughly redeemed. (Are you happy Carlos?) Now it's up to the fellas and Destiny to clean up all the little noxious details.

Fedra's Hospital Room
The pow-wow with Bernardo continues. Fedra's in a blue funk because she knows the Fattie told Emanuel everything. Her real name, her real profession. You're making “una tormenta en un vaso de agua” (a fuss over nothing) scoffs Bernardo . If Marianela had told Eman that, he would have thrown it in your face. No...I know my son, muses Fedra sadly. What worries me is he's not asking questions. The Fattie's taking advantage while I'm stuck in the hospital.
Bernardo: Yes, they're circling you like vultures now that you're helpless. Let's get out of here. Go back to the sea. Let me save you again!
Fedra: You've always loved me haven't you? I'm sorry I couldn't love you back.
B: My life is yours. Lorenzo could never care for you like I do. It's not just about the flesh. It's about the soul. I worship the ground you walk on.
F: YOU WORK FOR ME. That's it. And what I want you to do now is take vengeance on Marianela. And turn Netty's wedding into a funeral.

Lorenzo's apartment
Emanuel and André have made their exit. Lorenzo returns. Then Brandon shows up to rescue Ilitia. Lo has the perfect setup to justify murdering the cop. No search warrant. Breaking and entering. Okay dude, you're dead. Possibly. For the moment, the two men are staring at each other, guns drawn.

Restaurant
And Mau's pistolito is at the ready also. He's moved in on Señorita Chelatina, circling her shoulders, groping her thigh and suggesting they go back to his place and get it on.
Oliver: I'm not an easy woman sir!
Mauricio: I know exactly what you are. A single woman looking for someone to relieve you of your clothes. (okay, added that part)..er...loneliness. After trying me on, you'll go straight to heaven baby.
Oliver escapes to the bathroom. Gets chastised by staff for trying to dive into the mens' room. Then Manolo gets chastised by same worker for heading into the ladies' room. And Mauricio, the only one who seems headed for the right cubicle, talks to himself chummily in the mirror. About his plans for Chelatina. Which Manolo overhears. And vows to save his dear Doctora from rape.

Fedra's hospital room
Muñeca arrives.
Fedra: How did you find out? Did Lorenzo tell you? Have you been with him? Do you know where he is?
M: So...he's abandoned you now that you're paralyzed. How typical of that coward! No, I don't know where he is. But I imagine he's out looking for a younger fresher female to replace you.
F: For your information, he's asked me to marry him, flashing the big Garduño diamond once offered to Muñeca.
M: That jewel is unique. And it's mine. Garduño offered it to me when he asked ME to marry him. Though I refused. What did Lorenzo do to Garduño to get that?
F: He took care of killing your man. Arrivederci.
And after Muñeca leaves, Fedra mutters Lorenzo Menso, you abandoned me. But you won't get rid of me so easily. I have the goods on you.
Boarding House:
Gladiola is fretting now that Emanuel (who phoned looking for Brandon) knows that her son is the father of Ilitia's baby. Caras impactadas for both Netty and Vicky. (well, make that just Netty. Vicky looks empty-eyed as usual.)

Lo's Apartment:
Well, we may assume our two machos have been staring at each other for quite some time now.
Brandon: So what Mauricio told me is true—you want to kill me!
Lorenzo:( Cara impactada)
B: Well let's see who can fire first.

And there we end.

Vocabulario:

si sabes lo que si te conviene = if you know what's good for you, “si” is just there for emphasis
tormenta en un vaso de agua = big fuss over nothing (Bernardo to Fedra)
el perro de las dos tortas = folk tale about dog who couldn't decide between two sandwiches and ended up with none (Gladiola, talking about Ilitia, who couldn't decide between Eman or Brandon)
una mujer de un solo hombre = a one-man woman (the only acceptable attitude for a telenovela heroine. Menfolk have a little more leeway. As in real life. .)
el tiempo cura todas las heridas = time heals all wounds
union libre = shacking up without benefit of marriage (what Gladiola fears Doris is going to do.)
no muerdo la mano que me da de comer = I don't bite the hand that feeds me. (Mauricio's fake reassurance of Lorenzo.)

Dicho of the Day

El que al cielo escupe, en la cara le cae. Lit. If you spit at the sky it will fall in your face.

Had to use this one, given Fedra's predilection for spitting every time she said Chema's name. She's done a fair amount of spitting at the heavens as well, so we're pretty sure Fate is going to come back and bite her. Stay tuned. Sounds like an event they'll save for the grand finale.

Labels:


Comments:
I'm glad this is coming to an end. It's dragged out far more than it should have. If this show is every redone, I hope they choose another actress than Ariadne Diaz for the role of Marianela/Victoria. She has not done a particularly good job; too flat most of the time.

Finally, Ilitia admits what we have known all along; she loves Brandon. There has to be a happy ending for them. I like Brandon too much.

Mauricio, Lorenzo, and Fedra all deserve a very bad end. Let's hope that comes to pass.
 

Oooh, very cold comparing Vicky to Fedra. Poor Eman, marrying a beeyatch just like mommy. Well maybe not exactly but yes, there is that meddlesome resemblance.

Strategic thinker with the wrong organ...yes! That's definitely Mau, thinking with the little head. Off with his head I say.

Turning the sanctification corner, I love it! That's our Judy at her best.

First time I've ever heard "mas facil que la tabla del uno". What a great saying. Sure wish I knew someone who is easy so I could use it. Oh well, maybe some day.

Awesome first half Judy, and superb screen shots. You even got Lowrenzo crying.

OK, I'm off to read part deux. Later.
 

Judy, I believe Brandon poured the wine into the wine bucket. This should be a huge relief to all of us who have ever worked in a restaurant.

Thank goodness for Gladiola's big mouth! Kind of a funny mix up with Vicky's pregnancy but at least the truth came out.

Mau's pistolito, that's a keeper. I almost wish I had one more recap so I could use it. The scene with Chelatina was a scream. If only Mau knew. The wrong bathroom scene was also pretty funny.

Awesome screen shots of Chelatina. I liked the others too.

Judy, I'm sad that this is your swan song. You are such a talented writer, your wit and style will be sorely missed.
 

I hate to see you leave Judy but I understand the need to move on. I will miss your recaps and snark. You are a great writer Judy and very descriptive that it was actually better than the episode itself.

I agree that our protagonist has much to learn from the veterans. Hopefully, she took note and the next role she's in will be better and not wooden.

Uni chopped out the bathroom scenes. Too bad because I can never get enough of Oliver/Chelatina and Manolo/Gretel. I can't wait to see Mau get his comeuppance.

It's coming down to the wire and finally Ilitia admits that she loves Brandon and the baby is his. Eman can't really be too mad at her for cheating since he cheated himself.

I suspect we will see the fates of Fedra, Bernando, and Lo in the grand finale. I'm sure it has to be something spectacular. I hope Uni doesn't chop any of the scenes out.

I wish you all the best Judy. Thanks again for a wonderful recap and swan song.
 

Judy, gracias for another great recap. Sad to see you are ending your recapping. But, yes, I can understand. Sorry your Buckeyes didn't go all the way. I picked them. I guess that must have jinxed them. :)

Wish we would have had the Mau/Chelatina get together on Uni, but no go.

Will they be going to single episodes a night these last few nights or doubling up all the way to the end?
 

Judy- I'm off to bed so I will comment more tomorrow. I just wanted to say how much I will miss your superb recaps. They are truly the Gold Standard-- humor, snark, vocabulary, and dichos! No one can top you. Thank you amiga.

One of the bumpers on the last episode (201) on dailymotion said there were four more episodes to go. So we have three days and four episodes, and Tuesday is our last day, right? Looks like we'll get two episode smushed together on Friday, and unchopped/complete episodes on Mon and Tues.
 

Oh Judy B, I am so going to miss your wonderful tales on this LLena board. I laughed from beginning to end and then had to go and read the whole thing over. What a treat!!! I am in awe of your writing skills and ability to put so much humor and warmth into your recaps. You have been my Super recap Guru. Thanks again for all the wonderful words both in English and your great Spanish vocabulary and Dichos. I wish I had a dicho to tell you but you more than likely already know it.
 

Good morning everybody. I'm basking in the warmth of those comments. In fact I'm wrapping your sweet words around me like a fuzzy blanket. Just call me Linus.

@BarbaraM...You sound like me in Dr. Crankypants mode. I admit I often feel that way at the end of a telenovela. When it starts, all fresh and new I'm intrigued and entertained, disturbed during the middle when things are going awry, and towards the end, grrr...I just want it to be over! and of course yearn for the protaganists to get together. Alas, in this case, no yearning for Marianela and Emanuel. She's a "project" I wouldn't wish on anybody.

I am looking forward to Brandon winning the heart and hand of Ilitia, even though she's also a "project". I've enjoyed the actress' range of emotion. So does the morph from snotty to vulnerable very well. Ariadne Diaz, on the other hand....
 

@Sylvia,Sylvia...my mentor. I've said it before, but Sylvia was my lodestar when I first found CarayCaray. Even when I wasn't watching the show she was recapping, I looked for her. Loved her vocabulary lists and wondered who this wonderful person was.

Partner, you're even better when one gets to know you. And I tried my best to pattern my recaps after you.

And thanks for setting me straight about where Brandon poured the wine. I was watching it on the ittybitty dailymotion screen and didn't spot that! Feel so much better.

@Pirate Babe...thanks for those kind words. Such a shame these confounded casseroles leave out some of the best humor. The mix n match bathrooms and concerned restaurant worker were very funny. And it's been the humor in this one that saved it. So why cut it out?
 

@JeffMN....Hey fella, where have you been? We've missed you. I was sort of hoping you'd pop up during NCAA time. Tubby Smith did a great job again. I don't like your Nmbwake but he's a helluva player. Certainly gave us fits. Hope you and your wife are still watching regularly but I know with work and all it's hard to comment. Great to hear from you though.

Here's how I think it plays out.
Friday: episodes 202-3 smushed together
Monday: episodes 204-5 smushed together
Tuesday: 206 which is a 2 hour episode. Will they smush? Hope not. But they might. However I'm sure Julia will cover all of it.
 

@Vivi...Really appreciate you checking in regularly even though I think you gave up on this telenovela some time back. It was wonderful working with you on Dinero and getting to know you a little bit better. The work you do in "real life" is so important. And I loved hearing about your travels in South America during school days and later. The real value of this site is far more than learning the language and culture. It's the people we meet and come to care about. You all bless my day.
 

Judy,what a Grand Finale you've put here. I always opened my laptop in excitement knowing it was your night to recap. Enjoy your new free time, and hopefully we'll see you still commenting with your usual inciteful reflections somewhere on the board.

Low has definitely moved to gangster node. Offing his cohort in such a cold fashion and just sauntering off, there will be redemption for him now. I think we'll definitely see him and Mau go down ugly.

Speaking of Mau...man, no offense to our dear Dr. Chelatina, but he'll go after anyone won't he? (Would love to see the outtakes on that scene.)

So little Ilitia has seen the light and Brandon is her angel. Whew! That will be one crazy, loving household. Wish we could wish the same for Eman. Anyone else want to pull their hair out, fast forward or go get coffee when MV is on screen. The writers don't even give her good stuff to emote. Just the same old drivel spoken with the same tone as always, standing stock still (did you ever notice she hardly moves around or uses hand gestures? Basic acting honey). Well, he'll be like his "papa" Emi, who loved his kids and put up with his wife. Some happy ending.

Looking forward to the Brandon/Ilitia reunion!
 

@Pata...You were the one who put me over the edge and made me say "I have to learn how to put in photos!" (dang it) Not a totally positive experience. Many a glitch in that process but I thank you for that impetus to learn one more thing.

And how can I thank you for all those encouraging emails along the way? Long after I forgotten every single slang word and dicho I learned here, I'll remember the warm friendships I've made.

Gracias amiga. And we'll be in touch.
 

@Daisynjay...Love the new picture with your sons. The warm colors make me think of Spring and even better the Summer to come.

Always look forward to your comments and you've hung in there with us through thick and thin on this one. You are so right about Ariadne. She just plants herself down, speaks the words and.....nada. Was it BarbaraM who also noted she never moved in bed? Eman was doing all the passionate emoting.

She might be well cast playing a contemplative nun, but as the main heroine in a genre that values feisty hot-blooded heroines, she's a disaster.

Wishing you sunny skies in Cleveland and a resurgence for the Cavaliers. And a bright future for Purdue basketball, except when they play OSU. Okay, maybe we can split the games. Deal?
 

It's sadly true that all good things do come to an end. It's the end of an era. One that will be stashed in a vault of fond memories and will be sorely missed. Your amazing recaps, perfect pictures and always fresh vocabulary and dichos have often been the highlight of my day. Ahh Judy, thank you for everything.

You were the first person to write the first time I posted a comment. You welcomed me into the family and have continued to make me (as well as everyone else) an honored guest at the sumptuous feast you served weekly.

Perhaps it's coincidence but your summary and the acting were in a class by themselves. "noxious details", "Mauricio, the only one who seems headed for the right cubicle" and "sanctification corner" were brillant as are you dear friend.

As you noted not only were Azela and Valentino mesmerizing, but so was Low and as always, Brandon...Raw, pure emotion. Beautifully played.

My heart continues to be with Ilitia and Brandon (as well as the dear doctora)...

From the bottom of my heart, gracias amiga. You have been utterly generous with your time and provided us with gifts we will long treasure.

Diana
 

Good morning querida amiga Diana. I well remember your first comment because I thought "WHO is this nice person?" And we were all concerned when you disappeared for a while (IT problems at work)....and so glad when you were able to get back on line.

You made each of us feel appreciated by noting each and every element of our recaps that you liked. And let's face it, after taking notes,looking up vocabulary, struggling with rapid-fire mumbled dialogue, laboring over the wording, editing and re-editing to take out the goofs and glitches, we all wanted to say "Look Mom at what I made!"

And you always did.

And made us feel wonderful.
 

Judy, too funny on the b'ball. With the conference expanding next year, and some of Unidue Perversity's ( our ole' endearing play on the school) not feeling too warm and fuzzy for next year yet. But for you, I'll root for OSU as a fellow Ohioian unless they play my old alma mater.

(Love your idea for Ariadne to play the nun. With Spanish TN's, there's a real future there.)
 

Hah!...yes, let's cast Ariadne as a Mother Superior, Daisynjay...given her bossypants persona in this one.

Oh and Sylvia...corrected the wine pouring error. Wouldn't want our dear Brandon to be accused of something he hadn't done. He's definitely my fave galan in this one.
 

Good morning, Dr. Judy. I'm having a difficult time accepting that this is your final recap... you make it sound so... final. Like with Diana, you were one of the first here at Caray Caray to make me feel welcome and of course one of the first to encourage me to take the plunge. You and Sylvia are my mentors.

I've heard rumors that for your next endeavor you are planning to dominate the world of macramé. Are my sources accurate?

Like you, I initially thought that Brandon was dumping the wine on the floor and for a split second was very disappointed in him, but recovered when I saw it was a chilling bucket instead. I briefly grieved over the wasted wine, especially after the buildup that Mau gave it.

All the while that Eman was chewing on Ilitia, I was wondering, "Where is this man's sense of priorities?" Didn't he hear her say that Mau had been dispatched to eliminate Brandon?

Powerful scenes last night and you described them well. First between Emanuel and Fedra. So much was said by so much not being said and then:

"Fedra, in perhaps her first moment of shame ever, pulls her hair halfway across her face."

Wow and wow!

Then Lo's reluctant realization of the truth about Mau. What acting and what a true to his character response by Lorenzo... horribly flawed, but touching.

I think that Dandy had to die at Lo's hands in such a cold manner in order for us to be prepared and accepting of the inevitable fate awaiting Lo. Even with all his evilness... he is just too cuddly.

Thanks for your vivid descriptions of the scenes omitted and a pox on Univision.

Carlos
 

Thanks, JudyB. It’s been a pleasure reading your re-caps and I hope your next endeavor gives you a lot of joy. This week of sign-offs has been hard, but I think we’re all tired of wandering the desert and we want this thing to be over. Thanks a lot for the dichos and help on syntax.

The scene with Ilitia and Lo was well-acted. Lo even recognized Dandy from Ilitia’s description and he had no doubt that Mau was exactly as Ilitia described him, a rapist. It was nice to see Ilitia realizing that she was lying to protect something that didn’t exist and fight for something real.

Thanks for putting in the scene between Muneca and Fedra. I was shocked that Fedra knew she wore a ring purchased for another woman – Fedra La Puta Bailando doesn’t accept anyone’s leavings, you know. Her exploitative relationship with Bernie reinforces the extent of her amorality and egotism.

Sad, though, how Fedra has no respect for Kristel, who was essentially made in her own image. Ditto for Axel. They’re both failures, and she’s largely responsible for that.

The best scene of the evening was when Fedra, who normally lies two steps ahead of everyone, is now pathetic in her dogged lying in the face of Emanuel’s truthful calm. His pitying look just said, Ma, you’re embarrassing yourself, please stop. There’s no point in yelling at someone who reads their own newspaper clippings. You see their inherent weakness, let them go, and when necessary, love them from a distance.

There have been numerous complaints about Ariadne Diaz. While it’s obvious that she’s not the best actor in the cast, I’ve had more empathy for her because what the writers and producers did to this series (and her character) was beyond her control. Via unbelievable plot twists and extensions, a sweet storyline turned into a piece of silly melodrama. The camera was kinder to Valentin Lanus and Azela Robinson because they are much better actors. She just became a plot assist of sorts for Emanuel. I never saw the original Colombian series, so maybe someone on this board can say whether the principal protagonist was better written than she. Someone had to take the blame for this one, and we got sick of Mari first. I don’t know that such a poorly developed character made her a better actress, though. I wish her the best in the future.

Have a great weekend, all.

-Alison
 

Howdy Dr. Carlos...dominate the world of macramé!? I'm gonna get you for that amigo. Actually I DO wish I had more domestic gifts. Alas, no future for me crocheting, knitting or quilting. Ain't gonna happen. My grandmotherly skills consists of playing "monster" and chasing around two excited shrieking grandchildren. Call me the aerobic granny.

Thanks for pointing out the quality of Lorenzo's acting as well. I've always like this actor in spite of his shady characters and I think you're right about the reason for the Dandy scene. We have to rub out their tender spot we had, both for his love of his children and his sense of humor. Okay, Lorenzo...see ya!

I well remember putting pressure on you to recap. The quality and humor of your comments made you a natural. Still think you should write a book.

@Alison...your arrival on the scene late in this one has really contributed a lot to the blog line. We've enjoyed your thoughtful comments and questions. Hope you'll stick around for the next one, whatever it is. Always good to keep up the language, and it slips away so fast, doesn't it!? In the meantime, it should be a wild ride to the finish.
 

JudyB, say it isn't so! I cannot this is your last recap. You have no idea what a give you have given me with these weekly treasures. I have learned so much and I even caught myself thinking in Spanish a few days ago. After my first TN I sworn that was it, but I am now up to four per day. I finally came to realize that it is not the TNs but this wonderful community of recappers and those that contribute by commenting. All of you "make my day".

Rosemary
 

Allison,

"It was nice to see Ilitia realizing that she was lying to protect something that didn’t exist and fight for something real."

"There’s no point in yelling at someone who reads their own newspaper clippings. You see their inherent weakness, let them go, and when necessary, love them from a distance."

Nicely said. Will we be seeing recaps from you in the future?

I really appreciate your defense of Ariadne Diaz. I think that she has given us glimpses of real talent from time to time, although she was ridiculed in MEPS and in this as well. I think that the writers have meant for her to be grating and annoying as MariVick, but even so, I'm not sure that this part was written with her in mind. In fact, I think that Jarocha said the other day that when she was hired, it was for a different TN but she decided to stay on when they switched to LldA.

Carlos
 

Good morning all. I was hoping to wake up and find out that Judy's retirement from recapping was all a bad dream. Alas, not so.

Well, we are winding down to the finish with just a few episodes to go and a lot of loose ends to tie up.

Ariadne: Poor little waif, I think she just pales in comparison to her cast mates. Judy and Barbara, you called it when you said she lacks expression. That said, I absolutely love her recent look, hair pulled back in a ponytail, black slacks, simply smashing. She just needs to go back to acting class for a summer or two and she should be fine.

I'm hoping that Low and Mau do each other in, same thing with Fedra and Bernardo.

When Emiliano went horizontal I thought "Shoot, now they'll NEVER tell him they're not his kids!"
 

Hello all, I've been MIA for the past few days as the end of the semester madness begins. Now that I have caught up with the recaps, I have a heavy heart because our blog community will soon be no more (though I'm with Barbara, it's been dragged out too long) and our Judy is retiring.

As Diana and Carlos have noted, you have always been there with a kind word and are eager to welcome newbie bloggers. I remember your welcome as well as your concern when I was missing. You, the other recappers and bloggers have made this such a wonderful place to escape, learn some Spanish and other interesting facts, and have a good laugh. As Rosemary stated, it's this community that brings you back (as we all know sometimes the TNs can try your patience). Judy you will be missed but I know you will enjoy the next chapter of your life. Please do stop by from time to time.

Alison, once again you've given us a very thoughtful and complex analysis. I have enjoyed your comments and hope you are on board with us for other TNs.

Sylvia, I missed commenting yesterday but wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your recaps. Your wit and humor are always top notch and you have been an inspiration as a 5 year recapper.

Maggie, it's too much to say this many good-byes so I'll post my real comments to you on your final recap.
 

Carlos, JudyB, and karen, thank you for your kind words. I would like to write more, but I doubt I'll commit to any more telenovelas in the future, much less agree to re-cap them. JudyB, you are right - the language skills atrophy quickly, and as I was walking to work this morning, I thought of you guys and realized how much the inputs of the people on this board have encouraged me to pursue worthwhile interests and get me closer to the goal of being a fluent speaker and writer. I heard there was a bi-lingual law clinic at Catholic University and while I'm not a law student I thought that I could volunteer there writing client intakes, or do something to improve my grasp of the language.

This has been like the scene in the “Wizard of Oz” where Dorothy figures things out and realizes it’s time to go home, and so it has been with me. All of you have encouraged me. I confess that in the beginning I had a pen and paper and would jot any word I didn't understand and look it up in the dictionary, but after discovering these recaps I got lazy and stopped doing that. I was sad to see that I could only understand maybe 50% of the "La Pola" trailer without the benefit of captions, so I really need to work on my ear for the language.

Thanks, all.

-Alison
 

Thanks for the wonderful recap.

I must say that I enjoyed this show and the recaps and all the great comments.

I thought the look Ariadne Diaz gave when Gladioal said she was pregnant by Brandon was priceless.
 

Well, Judy, you sure know how to go out with a bang. I love all your snark and wit. "state of chronic erection," "state of chronic bitchiness," "A strategic thinker is our Mau. Just with the wrong organ," "Take that Direct Card to Heaven, Fresa, you have turned the Sanctification Corner," etc. Thanks for all your years of hard work! I don't think I would ever have learned Spanish without this great community of thoughtful, entertaining, analytical viewers to share the experience with.

I am really looking forward to Malicio's demise and am just worried it might not be sufficiently grim and painful.
 

ebony, I agree, that was a funny little mix-up.

Alison, what a wonderful idea you've got for improving your language skills. Not only will it help you but with your brains and kind nature you will be a huge help to others who need assistance. Best of luck and I hope you pop back in to let us know how it's going for you. I'll bet it inspires more of us to do something similar.

Hi Karen, thanks for your kind words. I love recapping but I'm ready for this one to conclude.
 

@Dr. Carlos...Don't blame you for trying to recruit Alison as a recapper. She has given us so many thoughtful analyses in the last few weeks. But I like her idea of volunteering as a way to maintain her language skills. My education-centered daughter tells me that children learn much more from real live people than from TV programs and I'm sure that's true for adults as well.
 

Okay, that was short because my previous long one was eaten.

@Ebony...thanks for pointing out Ariadne's funny expression when Glad seemed to say Brandon was the father of her baby. That was well-done. And if we're going to criticize her thespian skills, we need to recognize the good performances as well.

@Karen...we go back a loooong way, don't we? I remember suffering through Querida Enemiga with you (although Chef Hawt was some comfort) as well as finding out about our Indiana University connections and whatnot. Hope you have something fun planned now that exams are over. Enjoy!
 

@Rosemary...so you're up to four telenovelas a day, eh? I bet you're at the point where you can actually predict what some characters are going to say, right? There do seem to be certain phrases that recur again and again. Have you ever considered becoming a recapper? Best way to express gratitude for help is to turn around and offer it yourself. We're here to encourage you if you ever think you'd like to recap.
 

@Julia mi alma...I have a special fondness for you since you carry the same name as my youngest. And are about the same age. I imagine if my Julie knew Spanish, she'd write much the same way you do. She has a wicked sense of humor.

Glad to know you'll be continuing with recapping. Still hanging in there with Niña de Mi Corazón? The heroine looks so young, she makes the sexy hero look like a pedophile. But I'm sure it's good if you're watching it. Have enjoyed each and every one of your recaps and stolen many of your phrases as well as your recap organization ideas. Gracias amiga.
 

@Sylvia...I'm a fan of the ponytail and black sweater and pants too. Vicky looks like a zaftig Audrey Hepburn in that getup.

There's no doubt that the actress is lovely. But something about her seems to elicit negative vibes...She was known as "Sniffles" in MEPS as I recall, and Doris' rant about it is still on the sidebar. Hope Ariadne doesn't read this site.
 

Thanks, Judy, that is so sweet.

I am still watching NdMC, though of course I'm always behind and watching on weekends. It's really good. The heroine does look young, but the character is not underage, unlike in some of the telenovelas. The hero has just barely graduated from college. So when you're watching the show and see how the characters interact and that he's really only a few years older than she is, it's not as off-putting as it seems at first in the previews, where you just see the actors and gasp that he's way too old for her.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. It's really funny. Campy at times. Last week there was a "love at first sight" moment which was played for maximum ridiculousness, and I loved it. There's also a mysterious guardian angel character who seems to have some real magical skills. So it's not meant to be taken too seriously.
 

I'll bet Ariadne wasn't too thrilled about the way her character was written. Sometimes I wonder about the writers, don't they realize how shrill their protagonistas come off? I remember the one from Juan Querendon. We called her Harpy on Jet Fuel. She was stunningly beautiful but when she opened her mouth and started her eternal griping, ya basta!
 

I can't decide whether I think Ariadne can't act, or whether I just haven't liked any of the characters I've seen her play. I have found them all annoying, but I will say they were annoying in completely different ways. She doesn't just stand there saying her lines, she does create different mannerisms and postures and vocal tones for different characters. But I do think she could use more acting lessons to work on being more expressive. Valentino Lanus has really come a long way in that department over the last few years.
 

Judy, wow what a way to your last recap. Thank you for going through this double crazy the last few weeks. your recapping has been full of funny observations which on more than one occasion had me laughing at my desk. and your recap pictures caught the perfect moment in the episodes. Gracias.

My favorite scenes were with Dr. Chelatina. Loved how she adjusted her "chest" as though whe was ready for a fight. & she can hold her own with El sleazo Mauricio.

Happy that Ilitia has redeemed & will have her happy telenovela ending. My dream ending for the not so fab 4, Fedra, Bernardo, Low & Mau is they are locked in a room together & each has a gun & just shoot at each other till the death, a slow death.
 

@Sylvia...ah, the Harpy on Jet Fuel. I think that was CherylnNM's phrase. There was another actress...stunningly beautiful...but part of the problem was her voice. Regardless of the script, her voice tone was just too shrill to be bearable. Thank goodness there were lots of great comic moments in that one. I loved the short squat little personnel director in the firm. Great actor. Very funny.

@Julia...maybe I'll take a gander at Niña from time to time, on your recommendation. A great break from vacuuming!
 

Ahoy all, I'll be offline this weekend so I'll catch up with y'all Sunday night.
 

@Maureen...thanks for those kind words. If I knew you all were going to be so nice, I would have retired long ago!

Given your shoot'em out scenario, do you hate all four of them equally?

For the life of me, even though Fedra has done untold Evil, I find her a very pathetic character. And Bernardo, in his hopeless devoted love for her, equally sad. I would want them both in prison, forever, but not killed.

Mauricio I can see perish without a backward glance. And even Lorenzo because he had a good life, supported financially and emotionally by a loving wife...but still he treated her with indifference and contempt, treated all his mistresses badly and called for the murder of Begoña, his baby's mother, without a qualm. That, more than Dandy's murder, put Lorenzo beyond the pale for me.

Well, we'll have to wait for the grand finale to see what the writers decide is a worthy fate.
 

Have fun Sylvia. Hope that means you're sailing!
 

Will be sailing one day, boat show the other two.

Lorenzo: he's always been somewhat unbalanced but after last night's episode I'd say he's losing all his marbles. Guess he couldn't keep his evil side hidden from Ilitia forever.
 

Judy, I love your observation on Fedra and Bernardo. With his suggestion to her lastnight about heading off to sail the seas, I thought, heck, yeah - they were bothe evil, but most of their attempts were botched or foiled (unlike Low and Mau). And there is just a childlike quality to Fedra that makes you want to punish her more like a deliquent child than an evil adult.
I was thinking last night, perfect ending for those two would be to have their own "Gilligan's Island" - shipwrecked togther for lord knows how many years, poor as church mice, but get what they want. She can be queen of her little island (maybe a few locals to boss around) and he can be the major domo with her all to himself.
 

Im with Mari/Vicky I just cant feel sorry for Fedra after all she has done (killing Mari's mother, father, tia, and a lawyer) well I can forgive her for killing the lawyer,but she along with Low, Banardo and the rapist needs to die.

Has the rapist actually killed anyone? maybe he should be castrated and sent to prison to become someone's Bytcha
 

Ebony, yes Mauricio killed Brandon's and Oliver's pet criminal (I forget his name... I think he was Dandy's nephew) in jail.

I'm OK with castration... or maybe a radical circumcision.

Carlos
 

Didn't Mauricio kill Caimán?

I can't feel bad for Fedra, either. She's responsible for the deaths of Luis Felipe, Eva, Carlota, Mamá Dolores, Judge Pantoja, and she's tried to off many others. Plus, what she's done to Gretel and Axel is just beyond. She may have been more entertaining than a lot of villains but she's just as bad. And what was she trying to gain from her misdeeds? Money and social standing...which she already had. She wasn't doing all this out of some misguided sense of justice, or anything; she's just greedy.
 

Wow...congratulations to Carlos and Julia for even remembering Caiman. Him I'd forgotten completely about.

Okay, Daisynjay and I are the only softies (I like your idea of a remote island amiga); Julia and Ebony on the tough side, and Carlos...you may be on to something. Remember that when Dandy offered to kill Mauricio, he muttered "I have something worse planned for him". So it may well be along the lines of what our good doctor suggested. Certainly should involve the nether regions in some way, given Mau's proclivities.
 

Julia, you left grumpy gato Dumas off you list of Fedra's victims. He was an unintended casualty like Mama Dolores but no less dead. This made me sour on Fedra for a time.

Carlos
 

Omigosh...how could we forget Dumas the cat!? In some ways that was the worst. Animals seem so innocent, whereas humans are a mixed bag at best. Even the finest have feet of clay (except me and thee of course) but soft fuzzy Dumas, in spite of his chronically dyspeptic scowl, was a truly innocent victim.
 

Wow, guys, I came on to post and am #50. Lots n lots of wonderful comments. Not much more to say - and I can't say any of it as well as the rest of you.

Sorry I've been a lurker more often than a commenter for this TN. Please know that the recaps are the highlight of my day, every day. You recappers are the very best!!! That goes for the commenters also. I wish I could meet every one of you.

Mike never really got into this TN but I loved it. Kinda rough in places but overall lots of fun.

We only watch the 7:00 ones so hope this next one is fun and not too grim. Hope to see familiar commenters.

Judy, DON'T GO!!! ok, we understand, but DON'T GO!!!

I'll be gone until Thursday but will watch the rest on tape or computer and hope to comment while somebody is still out there. Will there be a Cristina-type show for these fabulous actors?
 

Daisynjay, I was closing out my browser when I saw your fanfic of Bernardo and Fedra on an island, and I realized you hit the nail on the head. Bernie's deluded himself into thinking that Fedra's interested in the high seas or anything romantic – but she's too ambitious for that, and that delusion will likely kill him. Chema saved her from some thugs and rescued her from a life of whoredom, and she was grateful for that, but she never had any interest in his altruistic motives. Bernie accepts her flaws, but he's in love with a romanticized version of the woman and believes she’ll learn to love him one day. Fedra would go mad(der) on a boat with no company but Bernardo. They'd dock for supplies and she'd cause nothing but trouble until he dragged her back to the boat (or, more likely, Fedra would kill him first, sell the boat, and charm another schmuck). She's restless, and she'll always be looking for the next hustle. Having said that, Azela Robinson made a terrible character enjoyable. I will miss her. I keep telling myself I’m done, but if I run into her again, then I may buy a DVR and have at it.

I guess some of my sympathy with Marianella’s indecisiveness was that she knew she had to tread carefully with Fedra until she knew for certain how to handle her. If you corner a rat, then you’d better kill it.

Nice to meet you, Emilia. I was lurking too – I had tons of recaps to read to get caught up on this - and then started to read the community responses. I thought, what marvelous people! We’ve had our own wrap party, folks. Christina couldn’t have done better herself (although I will miss both her and Don Francisco’s painfully personal questions – you have to be a soldier to talk with metiches. Oy.).

-Alison
 

Ahoy there Emilia. Glad you checked in before the next trip. Don't worry, "I'll go" but I'll stay in touch, either by email or Facebook (although honestly I'm just not a Facebook fan.)

@Alison...you and Daisynjay work well together. Forget recapping, you too can write a bodiceripper as a team. For sure, Fedra would be looking for the next hustle. And would find it. She's still got those limber legs and the comfy pillows up top and evidently knows how to use 'em. She mesmerized and inveigled many a man. And would again. Poor Bernardo. Maybe it's a grace to kill him before he realizes his dreams are completely hopeless. Gotta give him props though for patience. He's waiting a long time to win her over.
 

"Comfy pillows." I love it! We all watched her spilling out of many a dress in this series, that's for sure. In a society that idealizes youth and slimness, I have been astounded how many people on this board would have loved to been locked in a room with Juana Felipa. It's all about attitude!

I have been highly critical of the sterotypical way women are portrayed in telenovelas, but I do think they are more generous with featuring women over the age of 40 than American television.

-Alison
 

Alison, ITA that TNs can show women in horribly stereotypical ways but they do give more time with women over 40 than we do in the US. And in general the "older" leads and appropriate matched with one another regarding age. Though sometimes they have a woman play a guy's mother and they are the same age.
 

Oh my Karen, who was the woman who played a colleague's mother...while being close to the same age? Ouch and double ouch.

Hadn't thought about it, but there are a lot of middle-aged and even AARP romances ( Sylvia Pinal in that last potboiler with Colunga and Lucero) and then there was Sortilegio where we had a romance of an older woman with young hawt galan.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the target market of who watches these telenovelas.
 

Yes, and in Gancho, Nieves and Jacqueline (or is that Jacqueleeenay?) were both hot prey. Jac had a hot (if skunky) young thing after her, and Nieves had multiple older gents on her trail but meanwhile had her hands all over the young galán. I do like how telenovelas don't act like women lose all interest after they turn 30 or have kids.
 

Oh my, how could I forget Nieves and Jacqueleeenay! Two of my favorite characters ever. Ah me, I'm ready for them to bring back Gancho so I can enjoy it all over again. Thanks for the reminder, Julia.
 

Judy, dear, I have to crawl out of my damp cave long enough to thank you for the amazing body of work you've created that has well and truly entertained us for so many telenovelas. You will be missed - as my Navy friends wish someone who is departing, "Fair winds and following seas."

Emilia's right - I never really got into this TN and am still pretty indifferent though I have enjoyed a few of the actors/characters, particularly Azela.

Now this is mean (though that's never stopped me) but I thought the severely pulled back hair on MV made her look like the Roswell Alien - Google that, the autopsy film's a hoot.

Hell, has MV ever even smiled? Always with the prissy little mouth and furrowed brow. Sorry life don't suit you, sweetheart. Let's hope the next 7pm TN will be more on the order of JQ or especially more like Gancho.

Back to my hidey hole. Hasta luego, y'all.
 

Hi Judy!

Sorry, I was really late reading your final recap and posting a comment.

Another great one with fab pics, and marvelous vocab/dichos. I'm really going to miss your posts. You have really added to my Spanish vocab since I started reading Caray, Caray. And I love your snark! The more cranked up the better. I am really going to miss Dr. Crankypants!

Have a well deserved break! Recapping is such a commitment, and the when they start doubling episodes and whacking scenes - aaargh! I expect I'll get to read your comments often enough. Hopefully Dr. Crankypants will post often too!

best wishes

Audrey
 

Thanks for checking in Mike and Audrey and for the warm words. Mike I'll check that link later.

Audrey, maybe now that I'm retired from recapping, I'll have to change my posting moniker to Dr. Crankypants. Always wanted a "title"!
 

Hi all. Speaking of older women/younger men romances, did anyone mention Barbara and Chalo from Querida Enemiga? I think it started out just being a fling but they grew to really love each other. Too bad they were kind of evil so their relationship was doomed.
 

Wow, Sylvia, Barbara and Chalo, you remembered their names! That was a fun pairing. Didn't Chalo get poisoned or something? By the evil girl with the brown hair? I can't remember ANY names, except for whassisname sitting here next to me...
 

Well...Mike IS more important than a couple of telenovela characters. I remembered Chalo's name but I had to look up Barbara. I'll never forget how she used to whine Chaaaaalo at him all time. They were kind of sweet together in their pathetically evil way.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder