Monday, May 02, 2011

CME Monday 5/2/11 Pre-empted Tonight

El Fin de Bin Laden:
Good evening Caray Caray amigos. As the world spins out real life events of princes and demons, we will NOT retreat for an hour of respite to consider our little telenovela fantasy life. Due to the earth rattling news of El Fin De Bin Laden program on Univision the regular transmission of Cuando Me Enamoro will not be airing at my usual recap time of Monday at 6:00PM. I will check a later transmission to see if C.M.E. will show up later.
Buenas noches a todos.
Cheryl New Mex

Labels:


Comments:
I was disappointed that it was not on, but understand why.

There were ads for the episode on "mañana," so hopefully they won't slip in an episode later tonight.
 

Yeah, I was bummed, darn! But I did enjoy watching the news in Spanish. My comprehension has improved, I didn't used to be able to understand the Univision Cuban accented news reporters.

Audrey
 

Thanks Elvira and Audrey, I have been glued to the English news on Bin Laden but I also watch Univision news several times a week and especially look forward to El Punto with my hero, Jorge Ramos who also writes so well. There is no other place on US TV to get an important look at what is happening in Latin America or tells us how they are reacting to other world events like this current development on terrorism.
 

Cheryl, I know you will enjoy your night off after your very busy weekend.

Now that I can more or less understand the news in Spanish (finally!) I found it more interesting to watch the Uni coverage than any of the major networks. Maybe it's because of the different perspective, maybe because I had to pay better attention in order to understand.
 

Sylvia, very good post. I too watch things on the Uni news vs in english networks.. Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas come through very proffessional and accurate vs some other anchors in english networks.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder