Friday, May 06, 2011

Triunfo del Amor #105 5/5/11 A triumph of forgiveness.

Maria and Nathy redecorate the apartment, despite the fact the Maria has promised to marry Max ASAP. Does she really think he's going to move in there? Well, yes, she does. And she wants to prove to all the haterz that she can survive without them.

Xi, Alacran, and Padilla touch base before Max arrives at the clandestine baby hand-off site.

Vic admits to Os that the family needs him, especially Fer. She tells him about Fer's two suitors and Os laughs hard enough to hurt. Vic agrees it's up to Fer to decide.

Xi hands over the baby to Max. She makes some noise about them getting back together, but for once, Max isn't stupid. He turns her down and takes off. Padilla gets ready to put Bernarda's plan in place.

Padre JP comes to visit Maria D.

Once Max gets his car up to the train tracks, Padilla and Alacran use their cars to keep him stuck on the tracks.

PJP wants to explain to Maria how things were.

Max can't get the baby out of the car seat.

PJP doesn't want Maria to lose her faith. He wants to tell her "everything" and then she can judge him.

Max still can't get the baby out of the car seat, so he gets himself out of the car and tries to do it leaning in the back seat instead of reaching from the front seat.

Cruz wants to talk to Fer about the two of them.

Xi is sure Max and the baby are dead and she's all druggedly freaked out about it. Max gets the baby out, but his foot is stuck under the tracks.

Cruz tells Fer she's like an unreachable star to him. He has nothing to offer her, but he can't keep hiding his feelings..really Cruz? You were trying to hide your feelings? I wish other men "hid" their feelings as well as you! "Yo quiero que usted sepa, pues, que estoy enamorado de usted. Y que la amo con toda mi alma. Y quisiera pedirle, pues, que si quiera ser mi novia?" (I want you to know, well, that I'm in love with you. And that I love you with all my soul. And I'd like to ask you, well, if you want to be my girlfriend. [He's not proposing marriage, or he would have said "si quieres casarte conmigo." Plus it's too soon for that since they haven't even been officially dating yet.])

Fausto comes to help get Max's foot free and all three of them get off the tracks. The writers throw the effects team a bone by blowing Max's car up after the train gently shoves it out of the way. The baby cries.

PJP tells Maria that her mother was a humble woman who took refuge in him when she felt lonely. He taught her to read, write, the multiplication tables (gee, thanks for that) and always told her she was a worthy woman who could go far. She never forgot it. That night, he was on his way back to the seminary the next day…maybe it was that…her tenderness, her innocence, maybe her affection and comprehension, who knows…he doesn't like to think about the motives for their hot monkey lovin'.

Max owes Fausto his and the baby's life. Fausto says actually they're even. Max doesn't believe he's there by coincidence, but Fausto won't say what he heard. He insists Max get the baby out of there because it's cold.

At the new Casa Victoria, Antonio tells the boys that Os will be working with them as soon as he's better. Pipino is anxious to use Os as the model for his new line of men's underwear. Toni tells them he rejected a job offer and Pip loves the idea of announcing to the press that Os has given up his career for luuuuuuurve. Toni is most excited that Os will be working for free. Oscar reminds them this is Os's fault in the first place, but Toni and Pip won't hear it. Oscar is in agreement with Vic forgiving Os--he made a mistake, but he's mad for Vic and deserves her forgiveness. Pip is thrilled that Oscar is over Vic and is interested in Toni. There's some fumbling and stumbling with Toni's purse and Pip grabs some white fabric for a veil as Toni and Oscar walk out of the office arm-in-arm.

Cruz is afraid that Fer is going to make fun of him. He doesn't want to hear what nasty thing she's going to say. Fer tells him he's a great guy and she can't deny that she feels something for him, but she doesn't think it's the right time to start a relationship--she might be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. She thinks that he and Fabian just feel sorry for her and are flirting with her to make her feel better. Cruz says that's BS and he likes her more now than when she could walk. He makes some disparaging remarks about the dearly departed Scuzzbucket. He agrees he'll do things Fer's way. He's not sorry he said what he said and if she ever accepts him, he'll never leave her.

PJP tells Maria he hadn't made his vows yet, but he was sure he had a true vocation for the religious life. He didn't accept his mother's insistence like a martyr being sacrificed…it made him happy to dedicate his life to God and to his fellow man. He tells Maria that he and her mom were both virgins…TMI, TMI…who didn't know qué they hell they were doing in the sack. He felt guilty the next day, and his dad didn't think he should give up the world without knowing what it was first. He was weak and that was his last moment of weakness. He never knew the consequences of his actions because his mother kept it from him. He tells her he didn't come to apologize, he came to tell her the truth and let her decide whether she believes him or not. All he wants is for her to know that whatever she decides, he'll love her his whole life and he'll always be near her, without bothering her, just being there for whatever she needs. "You're not unsupported anymore. Now you have a father who would give his life for you if necessary." PJP says when he found out about her, he searched until he found her. "God in his infinite mercy brought you close to me without my knowing you were my daughter. My beloved, adored daughter, who I've looked so hard for."

A cop comes to the hospital to tell Os that his car has been chopped. Os denies having seen anything when he was shot. The cop tells Os that the crime is also being classified as attempted murder. The doc would like the cop to leave so Os can get some rest. The cop tells Os that once he's better, he needs to come down and give a statement. Maybe when he feels better, he'll remember something useful.

Toni counsels Vic to forgive Os and rekindle their relationship. Leonela spies on them. Toni knows that Vic still loves him. And Vic can see how much Os loves her. Toni says they need to win each other over again.

PJP got permission to leave the priesthood temporarily to take care of her when he thought she needed him most. MD wants to know what happened after "that night." "The next day I went back to the seminary. I confessed and I was absolved. I hadn't taken my vows, but I still felt unworthy and shameful. In all the years since then I haven't strayed again. I haven't even had a thought that would take me from the path." Then he found out about her…he was agonized to find out she had been born and that there was a person out there who had come into the world because of him and had grown into a woman without the love of her parents.

Toni wants Vic to quit hesitating and make up her mind. Vic whines about how Toni can't understand what it's like to be cheated on. Her anger is keeping her away from Os and she can't stop thinking about Os being with someone else and getting it on with someone else. Toni says that other woman is dead and Vic needs to let it go. If Os asks her to forgive him, wouldn't she? Vic admits she would, because she loves him and he's the father of her children and the man she loves. Aside from that one mistake, he's never lied to her or hidden anything. Yes, she'd forgive him if he asked. Leonela is eating all this information up.

Nathy and Juanjo flirt awkwardly. I. Don't. Care. Thank you for not kissing! Juanjo's gotta work 3rd shift at the firehouse. He asks her out for the next day, but she wants to go to the movies and he wants to go dancing. He talks her into going dancing. Fabian would have taken her to the movies like she wanted. Ugh.

Max calls Fabian over to the house to tell him someone tried to kill him and the baby. He's sure Ximena set it up. He's going to find a way to prove it was her. He can't believe a woman would try to kill her own child. Xi is nuts and she's dangerous. Max asks Fab to stay with the baby and not tell anyone what happened. Max is going to go find Xi. He wants to divorce her AND throw her in jail.

MD says it's sad not to have anyone and not to have the love of a family and the nuns didn't fill that void in her soul. It's still difficult. MD wishes her mother had also searched for her. PJP says she did. "Then she would have found me already!" PJP asks her to forgive him and her mother too, for causing her pain, for her loneliness. He begs in the name of God.

Xi stumbles around crying about her baby. "My baby, my baby…I killed him, I killed him…I killed my baby!"

Burnie sips some sherry. Max comes looking for her. "You? You shouldn't be here." "I'm not here because I want to be. I came to talk to Ximena." Burnie claims not to know where Xi is. Max takes his leave. They gave Eva a makeover and didn't bother to put her in a suit jacket that actually fits? Or did they not want her to look too hot? Burnie gripes that Max should be dead.

MD tells PJP to get up, please. "Understand, I didn't reject you." She asks what he would have done if he'd know about her before making his vows. He says he would have renounced his vocation to be her father…but they can't change the past. He asks her again to forgive him. MD doesn't know. She's confused. PJP gets up and says he doesn't want to bother her. He realizes she can't forgive him and he understands and doesn't blame her. He tells her he loves her. MD asks him not to leave. "Don't go, dad! Don't go! Please don't go! Don't leave me alone" Everybody cries.

Flashbacks take us into the closing credits.

Tomorrow: Xi goes crazy…er. Max and Maria have a moment. Os and Vic have a moment…except it's really Leonela, who announces her return to Vic and Max.

Labels:


Comments:
I'm a little light on the dialogue and the snark tonight, mis amores. I had a concert tonight and another one next Thursday. But at least now, my recapping duties are discharged and I can sleep in tomorrow :D Catch you in the morning.
 

5ft Latina, thanks for the recap. I enjoy reading it.

The highlight of the night which was touching was the Padre JP telling Maria how she was conceive and what her mother was like then. I was glad that Maria forgive JP and they hugged.

The bad people (Bernarda and her cohorts and Ximena)hit a new low when they tried to killed Max and the baby. Ximena is very stupid to agree to Bernarda's plan to killing Max and the baby. It is her baby and Guillermo. Max isn't even the father. She knows this and still goes ahead with the plan. I thought when she was crying about her baby and kill it - it is too late to cry. She is just stupid and crazy. The previews for tomorrow's night shows us that Ximena is going to be in the hospital - hopefully a mental institution.

Hooray for Fausto, our hero. He saves Max and the baby. He is turn out to be a good guy.
 

No apologies, 5ft! Great recap. "Hot monkey lovin'" was hilarious.

I still haven't watched the episode (this 10 time slot is a kick in the pants), but I plan to later.
 

This was perfect! I found that except for the early crash scene (which we knew Max would make it out of), I just wanted to zero in on the PJP/Maria scene. Rest was so much filler.But yeah for Fausto.

PJP/Maria - It was done quietly, simply and sweet.Glad there were no high dramatics. Just the way Padre Hottie relayed his wholoe side of the story, awesome. It made it more riveting I think. And as you say "Everybody cries." I almost shook the laptop when it looked like Maria was letting him leave. Whew! (Have to say-the smart casting again played a part-they have the believable look of a real father/daughter.)

I was almost hoping when Xi was stumbling around she was going to trip and land in traffic. But I guess she'll live to go loco another day. Wonder if she'll spill the beans it was Dona Demented's idea? May they all suffer A "Fedra Fire Fate" (shout out to Llena - (dang I still sort of miss that TN.)
 

5ft. Thank you so much for the quick recap during your busy schedule. I was so much waiting till this morning, to get the indepth details, since my spanish is not that great yet. The scene with Maria and Padre was awesome. One could feel her emotional pain of a lifetime. Her saying "don't go". I could feel the emotion. Emotion built up from childhood, with no parents to comfort her, the void in her life, the emptiness in her stomach that no nun could replace. Her acting was just soo awesome, as well as Padres. Ret
 

Thank you Kat! What do you mean light on dialogue and snark? It was great and I am grateful. I don't know how you all do this for us.

My faves:"Nathy and Juanjo flirt awkwardly. I. Don't. Care. Thank you for not kissing!" —Ew, just think what's in store for us. And we don't care. But the writers are oblivious.

"They gave Eva a makeover and didn't bother to put her in a suit jacket that actually fits?"—I almost didn't recognize her. What's' become of this character? She was all hot for revenge, but we haven't heard a peep out of her lately.

"Xi goes crazy…er"—Yeah, was this even possible, but now she's really lost it and I don't think it's an act. For a moment I thought she was going to stumble into the traffic.

And I also cried when Maria called back her Papi. It was a good scene.
 

Ximeana is beyond stupid. I am also wondering how much Dona Dementa actually told her about this plan. Maybe Dona Dementa told her that the baby would be kidnapped from Max so she could return him to her? If so, she is doubly cruel or even less human; I can't decide which.

Then again, she doesn't even love her own son.

It is a relief to see Ximeana in a hospital in the avances. One less whack job Maria has to worry about.

Cruz: Por favor, please exchange the plaid shirts for white ones and pick up the razor. Fer would go loca (so would we).

Max: I think you need to borrow Alonso's country home and bring Maria and the babies there. While you're at it stay there yourself until your egg donor is caught. She's just as crazy as Ximeana but has more self-control. She is therefore much more dangerous.

Osvaldo: Why didn't you tell the police about Leonela? Who else will get hurt -- or die -- before you talk? Not to mention how this will set Victoria off again.

Nati/Maria: You should have painted this place long ago, but no matter. Maria's now making enough $$$ to move to a better -- and safer -- neighborhood. Do it ayer.

Nati: You can do better than JuanJo. He won't exactly be a trophy husband when you get your degree.

Maria: Good for you. Your father needs you and your son, especially now that he knows what a monster his mother is.

Juan Pablo: You can have it all if you want. Just follow Padre Alberto's example.

The reconciliation scene was classic Televisa and beautifully acted. Once again, great casting job on JP, Maria, and Victoria. Prediction: Victoria Ruffo and Maite Perroni will be cast as mother and daughter again in the future.

BTW, does anyone else think that JP might leave that magic crucifix with Maria so that Victoria will recognize it in a couple of episodes? It might also be amusing if both Maria and Victoria see it burn Dona Dementa.
 

5ft. Thanks for the recap and the link to Andre Bocelli. One thing I really do like about this novela is the theme song. But, Enrique Iglesias and Juan Luis Guerra do it right.

As far as Nathy and Juanjo are concerned. I. Don't. Care. Either. Juanjo is good in the playing soccer scene. Yes, I know, he should be.
 

Oops - wrong novela for the song. Same comment.
 

Not every one of your readers expects snark, dialogue, and a Spanish lesson each and every time!

That you took the time from your schedule to do this is more than appreciated.
 

@UA—about the crucifix, YES! I so want that to happen and soon.
 

UA - I agree. DD = fire= burning. Who's making the popcorn?

Oh, I didn't comment earlier, but when JJ and Nati came on, checked the baseball score. I just want to shake that girl. it's too painful to watch those two.
 

Well - JuanJo has to get the girl, or at least a girl cuz he's an athlete and a soccer player at that.
 

I came to this novela late but as a vet it doesn't take too long to get on board. The one thing I have to say is that a psychiatrist would have a field day with these people.

Vic, Maria and Max are all bi polar with constant over the top reactions to everything.

Xi is certifiably nuts, and I'm sure there is no reference book in psychiatry that could diagnose the craziness that it Bernie. You talk about someone with no limits and that is her. Her ultimate demise must be a doozy or i'll feel cheated.

Enter Leonela who is obviously a psycho murder.

Padre Hottie definitely is but unfortunately he is also a sniveling coward. I couldn't help thinking during his scene with his hija that it was all about him. He had the chance to tell her about her mother's suffering and the accident that separated them but he didn't. I have a hard time dealing with his not doing anything about his mother and her crimes but laying round praying. Call the cops or send an anonymous letter. If anyone else dies at her hands he will be just as guilty. I too hoped he would leave the crucifix for Vic to find and finally have a light bulb moment.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone in the whole mess has the faintest idea of the word truth. I've never seen a novela where so many people have so many secrets. No wonder they are all nuts.
 

Kat - Thank you for the recap/recrap, humor, and snark. I missed this episode and appreciate your labors. Seems like the PJP/MD scene is worth watching, so I'll engage the FFWD-> button and enjoy that.

I hope Burn-arda meets her end by fire. It seems so fitting.

I keep getting a
"Service Unavailable
Error 303" message when I try to post this. Completely lost the first post, and am "Copy"ied the next one so I don't have to retype over and over. Hmm... what's up with that?
 

@doris—sometimes blogger gets all confused. I anticipate these problems by selecting all and copying before I hit any buttons. Sometimes it takes a few times and it's good to have your text ready to paste. And then other days, no problemo.
 

Kat thanks so much for your recap. I hope things are going well with your career!

ITA w/Anon 12:09. While I'm happy our Padre reconciled with his hija, I was disappointed he didn't tell Vic's side of the story (and you all know I'm not a fan of the Vicster). We all know when that whopper is out, all types of crazy will ensue. But PJP knows the decades of anguish Vic has been through and now he knows how she got separated from Maria. Please. Tell. Someone. Now.
 

Kat, if you were tired, it didn't show.

Everyone's comments were spot on--regarding MD/PJP; OS/VIC; FER/CRUZ; NAT/JJ. But, did I miss something about Fausto? How was he at the right place at the right time. I mean, we knew Max would be saved, but it could have been any old campesino and it would still have been a great rescue scene. For a moment there, I thought he was just going to lie down between the tracks. I've heard of people surviving that way.

I agree that PJP showing up with VIC's crucifix is going to figure in the future. It would have to rattle Vic if she sees it; but remember she's been banished from seeing the child again, so it may be awhile.

Will Burnie try again, or set her eyes on some other victim.

UA--loved your instructions to the characters.

Am I the only one who channels Peter O'Toole whenever I see Pipino dancing around, arms waving?

Booohoooo--I want the kayak back.
Newbie-OK
 

But, did I miss something about Fausto? How was he at the right place at the right time.
Newbie-One-Kanobe - I haven't watched my recording, but when I read this I assumed Scottie beamed Fausto down from the starship Enterprise. ;o) Keeping telenovela beanie hat on head helps, too.
 

Another great recap 5ft Latina thank you.

Fausto overheard Bernie telling Alarcan to get ready with Padilla she had someone who she wanted them to take care of who dared challenged her. Since she had just left Maria D.'s after trying to take her son with her we all thought it was going to be Maria D. even Fausto said don't tell me she is trying to hurt Maria D. again.

I guess he must have followed them closely to see who they were targeting.

Yeah Bernie is definitely going to burn for a eternity in hell for trying to kill a innocent child.

Great touching scene between PJP and Maria D.
 

Thanks Kat. I see no flaws or omissions. I find it clever and snappy. You always serve up treats.

Unlike many others here, I found the Padre's touching scene with Maria D to be self-serving, tedious, but worst of all... borrrring. Oh well, I enjoyed the coupling scene between Gui and Leonela the day before... so this show has something for everyone.

Like the rest here, I'm glad to see Nathy and Maria finally fixing the place up and I think it's best that the romantic scenes between Nathy and JuanJo remain innocent, chaste, and yes... borrrring. Consider
the alternative... Yikes!

Carlos
 

I completely understand JP's reconciliation "speech". He can only speak for his own feelings. Now that Maria has a baby she knows motherly anguish and should be able to understand Victoria's.

However, her history with Victoria will get in the way of a smooth reconciliation.

By giving her the crucifix he would create a loophole in the confessional rules if Victoria sees it. All Maria would have to say is that JP gave it to her and that she is his daughter. That's how I would have written it.

Having said this I am now wondering why Dona Dementa didn't attempt to look for Maria to adopt and corrupt her after the non-accident.

Fausto probably followed El Alacran, knowing he was up to something. He might have seen Bernarda giving them orders.
 

I thought Ximena and Max have not gotten a divorce because Ximena has denied Max a divorce. I have a question - Are they still married even though they don't live together.

Why are Maria and Max planning on getting married as soon as possible if the divorce has not happened?

Another question - Is Milagros single or not, for it seems like she is because the professor is courting her? The other man that works with her - whom is he and how he fit into the picture of Milagros' family?

Please someone let me know!!!
I appreciate it.
 

Genevieve—the other man is Don Napo (Napoleon Bravo). He is an old friend from their old neighborhood (before the fire when they all had to move) Milagros has had eyes for him since the beginning, But he is chicken. He is also a fireman and works with JuanJo and Cruz. The new gentlman Don Joel (I think) is a professor of some sort and Milagros met him when they moved to the new neighborhood. He is smitten with her, but she not so much with him. She goes out with him only to make Don Napo jealous.
 

Kat, thanks for a super recap. You can claim it's Kat-lite, but it's still packed with enough nutty stuff to make a Christmas fruitcake.

Maria and PJP was sweet, yet cheesy, and nice to see them resolve some of that conflict.

I'm still fuzzy on Max's car for the "stuck on the train tracks trauma." Was it explained why he was driving a beater instead of his sweet green toy ride? Fausto's da man.

Agree that a white shirt and a shave would improve Cruz' chances with Fer.
La Paloma
 

Was it explained why he was driving a beater instead of his sweet green toy ride?
La Paloma - IMO the only reason would be that Viewerville (including Mexico) would be appalled - possibly incensed - over a Lamborghini/Maserati getting totaled on the tracks for the sake of art(?)/a telenovela. Meh-jía does have a brain, after all. ;o)
 

Was it explained why he was driving a beater instead of his sweet green toy ride?

Didn't Max know he was picking up the baby from Ximena? He would know he needed to bring a baby car seat and that's not happening in a two seater sports car.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder