Friday, May 06, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #12 Friday 5/6/11 Quickie Recap for Amy

Hola a todos! Unfortunately I am swamped with end-of-the-semester work and don't have the opportunity to recap this week. Que lastima! :( I will be back in top form next week, so until then you can use this space to comment about tonight's episode. Thanks for your patience!

Amy

Sylvia: No worries Amy, here is a quickie recap for Friday's episode...

Last night we left the Monterrubios with the happy (to most) news that Matias and Renata are novios.

Adriana happily tells her mami about her promotion and she loves her boss Matias but he loves Renata. Ma sez don’t make the same mistake I made with your pa, he didn't truly love me and then I got pregnant. But Ma quickly adds she doesn’t regret it because of her awesome daughter. Way to give your daughter a complex lady. (Consensus from comments is that Mom raised Adriana alone.)

Happy toasting and congrats at the Monterrubio table but Fina refuses to congratulate them. Matt’s all “it’s me right?” Nope, Fina snarls it’s because Renata doesn’t deserve Matt. Caras Impactadas.

Augie arrives in the DF and calls Jero to invite him for brekkies. He thought bubbles evil stuff about wanting to make the Hacienda La Bonita his, all his. Marta was right!

Lorea uses Rafa’s death as an excuse to call Jero. She’s not happy to hear he does not plan to return to Spain. “Lo echo de menos” (I miss you) she says. He scowls.

Fina basically sez Nata doesn’t deserve Matt because she’s a tramp. She was caught kissing Diego at her birthday (oh horrors!) while at the same time sniffing around Rafael (again, big deal). Fina’s not happy when everybody sticks up for Renata. Renata runs from the table and Matt publicly confirms that he intends to go forward with the relationship. The party breaks up; Fina = Buzz Kill.

Gonzo takes fina behind closed doors and yells at her that Renata is not an “indecent woman”. He’s happy about her relationship with Matt. Fina says Renata’s slutty behavior will be the shame of the house and the business.

Renata’s in her room crying and doesn’t want to let Matt in, she needs to be alone. Meanwhile Constanza and Honorio wonder what type of horrid mother would do what Fina just did. Coni thinks it’s a shame that a witch like Fina can have kids when a woman like her who would love kids can’t have any. Not fair! She vows to defend Renata. I just figured out who Honorio reminds me of. Alec Baldwin. Does anyone else see it?

Matt sees Roberta in the garden and asks why her ma’s such a beeyatch. Rob sez mom’a not a bruja she was telling the truth. Matt doesn’t believe it and call Rob on it, she’s not objective because the guys always go for Renata instead of her. Whoa, tell it like it is bro. He sez Nata’s always been in love with him. Rob laughs and tells him not to be an ass, she laughs when he stalks off.

Renata lets daddy Gonzo in to comfort her. She promises that mom misinterprets everything about her. Daddy reassures her he’s proud of her and she is different from mom and Roberta. Dad assures her he’s happy about her and Matt and he believes in her. Sweet dad and daughter hug while creepy Fina creepily creeps behind the door watching, plotting, sneering.

Jero visits Regina at her office to ask her a personal favor, he doesn’t want the Monterrubio’s to find out what happened to Rafael nor to know Jero is related to him. Regina sez Matt is Jero’s friend and she doesn’t think his perfidy is a good idea. Antonio interrupts and Regina introduces him as her novio. Smiles and handshakes FF>>.

Matt reassures Renata the witch Fina doesn’t affect them. What they have begins right now, awwww. Maybe they don’t have the electricity but they do make a good team.

Roberta reports to Fina that she planted a seed of doubt in Matt’s mind about Renata. Fina instructs Roberta to do what it takes to make Matt hate Renata, is that clear? These two are so evil that I can’t even think of a good wisecrack right now.

Tony and Regina: he’ll be patient and understanding, yawn.

Ruta de Vino, Baja California Norte: Kari finds Doc moping around the bedroom with a bottle in his hands. More yelping about Rafael then he finds a way to blame her. She recoils and he acts like he’s going to rape her. He tells her any other woman in town would love to be in her place, but she’s incomplete, couldn’t give him kids and she’s a failure as a wife. Uh, you're sitting around drinking instead of working and she's a failure?

Augustin shows up at Renata’s office for their meeting and is instantly smitten. Blah blah business talk, she gives him their proposal which he will review. Can he ask her a personal question? Is everything OK? He sez there is a deep sadness in her eyes.

Jero goes to La Mentira but Chris the bartender has no new news for him. He recalls his kiss with Renata and then Roberta shows up. She immediately starts bitching about the news that Matias and her stupid sister are novios. All sis cares about is power and money. He asks what does Roberta care about? She says no you tell me what YOU care about. Back and forth until he finally asks does she think he’s of her same level or does she think he’s lacking? “You’re perfect for me,” she coos.

Boring scene where Matt and Renata leave work together and he continues to reassure her. FF>>

Back at the bar Rob and Jero plan to spend the next day being tourists. She kisses her finger, puts it to his lips and sashays out. “The more I know you the more I hate you Roberta,” he thought bubbles.

Unpleasant scene where Fina intercepts Matt at home so she can continue badmouthing Renata. He tells her to butt out or face the consequences.

Matt goes straight to dad’s den and tells him he thinks it’s best if he gets his own apartment. I think dad convinces him to stay a bit longer.

Renata puts teabags on her eyes, hey I do that too! Like Kristoise said in her Teresa recap, telenovela people are just like us. Oh sorry...Renata puts teabags on her eyes to soothe them and recalls when Matt and Fina had their first run-in and Matt stood up for her. Then she recalls when they were at the fountain. Then she recall Jero’s kiss. Oh good Lord fina comes crashing in and sez they need to talk. Yelling is more like it. The fight ends with Renata swearing she won’t let Fina insult her any more. Fina winds up for a slap then clenches her fist, then storms out of the room. Renata acts like she’s going to barf. Fina’s face makes me want to barf too.

Jero calls Augie back and agrees to meet him tomorow. Then he pulls out Renata’s bracelet and asks “where are you Adriana?”

Augie longingly recalls his meeting with Renata and whispers “what a great surprise to meet you Renata, and why so sad?”

Next day Augie offers Jero a good price for the estate, 10% over value I think. He assures Jero nobody else could have as much respect for the estate and Rafa’s dream as he. Jero sighs that he’ll think about it and get back to Aug after reviewing the settlement details.

Fina sees Roberta all gussied up and wonders what’s up. Rob says she’s going out with Jeronimo. Did she tell Fina about Jero? I don’t remember that. Anyway, Fina sez Rob should get busy setting her eyes on Matt, not some other guy. Rob sez for now she’s going to have fun with that bon-bon Jero, byeee.

Carlos (from Spain) calls Jero to warn him that he told Lorea about Rafa. Jero says the only thing that he wants to concentrate on is that Rafa’s death shall not go unpunished (no quede impune). He wants to get that damn Roberta because his brother is in the tomb instead of her.

Supposed to be sexy scene of Matt and Renata riding together on Borracho.

Jero makes his rendezvous with Roberta and lays a big fat kiss on her.

Mañana: Jero’s having lunch with Roberta when Renata happens to stroll by.

Labels:


Comments:
QUESTION:

Is a humorous telenovela coming soon on Univision and if so, any predictions as to when? For the first time in more than a decade, I'm not watching any of the current offerings. The folly of the story line in Llena de Amor, albeit there were some wonderful actors, finally took me out of play. And the villainous angles in Eva Luna also left me wanting to take a break. Which I'm doing. Something a little lighter would be most welcomed. Please let me know if you hear of anything along those lines on the horizon. Miss reading the wonderful recaps which lately seemed to be so much better-written than the actual novela plot-lines.

Dona Feipz
 

Hi Dona Feipz, I was also hoping that Llena would be replaced by a humorous telenovela, Una Familia Con Suerte to be specific. For a while it was advertised as coming "Muy Pronto", then was relegated to an afternoon slot, then never showed up at all. The scheduling at Univision has been crazy. They are now advertising one called Zacatillo which will start airing Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. The trailers make it look like lighter fare but the description doesn't sound humorous at all.

Short answer: sorry, I don't know of any humorous telenovelas coming up, darn it! But thank you for your kind words about the recaps.
 

Amy, nothing much happened in this episode. It was a good one to miss. Good luck on your finals!
 

Great recap. My favorite line: "These two are so evil that I can’t even think of a good wisecrack right now." Now, that's mean!!

I'm starting to recognize more of the players in this tn, which makes it more enjoyable. However, I agree, the recaps are always better written, and WAY more fun than the actual shows. Thanks!!!
 

I mean THEY are mean, not you. Yikes! Gotta learn to proofread!!!!!
 

Thanks so much, Silvia, for filling in for Amy (good luck, Amy, on your exams). I loved your recap, esp. lines such as "Uh, you're sitting around drinking instead of working and she's a failure?" and "Supposed to be sexy scene of Matt and Renata riding together on Borracho." Yeah, the horseback riding scene really didn't do it for me, either.

I wish I were feeling as enthusiastic about the telenovela as I do about the recaps. I fear that "La Reina del Sur" has spoiled me. Even at its worst moments, it seems smarter than any other TN I've seen in ages, perhaps ever. "Cuando Me Enamoro" isn't awful, but it's just not clever or exciting. I'm watching it mostly because I like Silvia Navarro. In the past, I've also liked Juan Soler, but so far he's just OK. Anyway, I really did enjoy your recap. Many thanks, especially since this was double duty for you.

Emilia, FWIW, I understood what you meant when you said "that was mean" even without the explanation. And I agree: that was mean!
 

Emilia, I knew what you meant too!

Juanita, I can't disagree with what you say (except that I never saw La Reina del Sur, a minor detail). I like a number of the actors in this show so I'm hoping it picks up speed. Some of our favorite TNs started out very slowly. Alas, I fear this one will not be any sort of classic. All I'm hoping for at this point is lots of lush scenes in the vineyard.

Ha ha! My word verification is badus. Not sure why it's cracking me up.
 

Wow - I just couldn't think of a worse way for a mother to talk in front of the family than Fina basically calling Renata a slut - in front of everyone!!!!! (Of course - she's not really her mother)

Surprised Fina thinks she can get away with it. I guess she kind of did, although Gonzo and Matías are really mad at her. I guess she's really counting on an "I told you so" moment in the future.

Of course Fina rolls right over whatever Renata says when Renata protests that Diego kissed HER and continues to deny a relationship with Rafael. Fina is working really hard to convince everyone that Renata is a qualquiera.

That was really quite a scene! Shocking! And very well done.

I'm enjoying the scenes between Roberta and Jero - cold conniving and cold vengeful. What a pair!

The riding scene: They were doing a weird slo-mo then speed up thing with the horse that was just so strange. But once they dismounted - did Matías ever look fine in his horseman duds!

This is one of the few theme songs I have really enjoyed. Those two men sing very well as a duet - their voices are very complimentary.

Audrey
 

I think this TN is way better than the two on Uni later. No?

Audrey
 

Thanks for the recap. Great job.

I'll have to put my two cents in about this and the "later" novelas. I had to stop watching Teresa. It seemed that I could turn it on, watch a little bit, leave the room, come back an hour later and listen to the same dialog.

I'm in for the count in Triunfo. Don't know why.

I've started watching LaPola, and I think it's going to be real good. It's from Colombia, and the acting seems just fine.

As to Enamor - I like the theme song.
 

Audrey, yes, I would agree that "Cuando" is better than either of the two TNs that follow it. I watched Triunfo for a while, but I eventually threw in the towel. And the previews of Teresa were enough to convince me not to bother.

Pasofino, I too like the theme song. Then again, I've liked several others as well, e.g., Eva Luna, Sortilegio, and El Clon.
 

Sylvia, thanks for doing double duty this week. I am with you Dona Feipz, I am waiting for a fun comedy as well. This is the only novela I am watching right now.
 

I thought I heard Adriana's mother say that she never told Adriana's father that she was pregnant - that he was a "good man" who would have taken care of them but she didn't want to entrap him. Maybe I'm wrong but I got the impression that the mother had never married & had raised Adriana alone.

I usually like the lighter TNs also. I started out with Juan Querendon & just stuck with 7:00 for long time - until Univision started messing with the schedule. I sort of liked Tontas, really liked Gancho, loved Dinero. But then they sometimes put on more serious ones like Pecado. But I hope if I stay with it they'll find a light one after this & I do like some of the aactors in this one.
 

@ Güera - that's what I got too, that Adriana's father was never told about the baby because he didn't love her mother. No marriage there - single mom raised Adriana all alone.

Audrey
 

Guera and Audrey, thanks for the detail on Audrey's dad. I corrected the recap.

Audrey, that riding scene where they did the slow mo then the fast mo made me laugh. That was some weird editing there. Thank goodness we got our little reward of Matias in his riding kit.

I also really like the theme song to CME. Too much maybe as it really sticks in my head. As for other telenovelas, I'm watching Teresa, but fast forwarding through quite a bit as it is 2 hours long.
 

Thanks for the short version recap, I appreciate it.

This TN is shaping up nicely is should be a fun ride.

Please don't tell me that the baby daddy of Adriana is one of main characters (i.e. Gonzo). There has to be some reason for the conversation with her mother.

Where does Agustin get all of his money? He is willing to pay over market price for grapes, land, etc.
Has he been cheating the locals just as Rosendo did in STuD? I don't think he is one of the good guys.

Rosemary
 

I don't think Augustin is a good guy either, but he shore is purty!!!
 

Does anyone know where these can be seen online? I'm trying to off cable but really want to find out what happens to Jeronimo and Renata! (I mean I could probably guess since I've seen others and they all end about the same, but still. Don't know yet if Fina dies or goes to jail. Who gets Matias? I'm betting on Adriana. Etc.)
 

Hello all. I've only been sort of watching this and was on vacation for most of the few weeks it's been on. But the impression I got from watching the scenes with the single mom telling her daughter that she never told her father about her because she did not want to obligate him to be with her since he did not love her (the opposite of what Fina did), and then the scene with the husband and wife amazed that someone like Fina has two kids, while they could never have any, is that the child-less husband is the father of the girl raised with just her mother. I don't know any of the names of the people that appeared after the first week, so I hope that makes sense. Did anyone else get that impression?

I will try to be better about watching this one and paying attention, but I am watching the 2 hours of Teresa and then TDA. That's a lot of tn watching, and I need to get something done in the evenings!
 

Rosemary and Vivi, you might have something there. In short, the theory if I understand Vivi correctly is that Honorio (husband of Constanza) might be Adriana's baby-daddy. They work in the same office. Is this ironic coincidence? Time will tell.

Kelly, if you do a search on "Cuando me Enamoro capitulo __" (fill in the cap number) you should be able to find the episodes on the dailymotion site.
None of us know yet what will happen to Fina, that is way down the line. If you watch ahead please do not post any spoilers in the comments as Caray Caray is a spoiler-free zone.

Who gets Matias? I think so far we are all voting for Adriana.
 

Vivi, you have a mind like a steel trap - you never forget a thing. I had forgotten about the conversation between Honorio and Constanza so you could be correct about Adriana bio dad.

Rosemary
 

thanks Sylvia for the double duty. I did not go ahead and volunteer since my DVDR hiccuped thursday, did not want to volunteer and then not have the ep recorded to recap.
I agree about the Fina announces Nata is a ____ scene being well done even if it is a mean cruel motherly scene.
ITA on the Fina/Gonzo argument scene followup to be a lead to a 'told you so' scene later... she even told Gonzo... if she turns out exactly as I said dont come back and say I did not warn you!
ITA also on the possible bio dad for Adriana... I too am thinking Honorio and ITA that he does look a little like Alec Baldwin with that slick hair combed back and long face and nose.
 

and it does seem to lead us to think (for those who watched La Mentira) that Augie will take the place of Andre Belot later on.
The riding together 'supposed to be sexy' (LOL!) scene, I think it was thrown in there for a comparison with a similar scene with Jero and Nata.
that way she will not only have nightmares comparing their kisses, she will have nightmares comparing the horse rides... no pun intended.
 

Thanks Sylvia, I only found this this morning. Good job. You guys are already way ahead of me. It never even occurred to me to wonder who Adriana's daddy is. I've just been thinking how odd it is having a happily married couple who are not poverty-stricken.

Wasn't it Constanza who brought Fina into Gonzo's life in the first place?

So far it seems that Augie is not one of the good guys and yet I can't think of a single bad thing that he's done. I think that he and Renata look great together.

A word about La Pola: It is beautifully filmed, well-acted, enthralling, and has very good CCs both in Spanish and English (CC3). Of course it comes on at the same time as CME and unfortunately Telefutura is not as prevalent as Univision.

Carlos
 

CME--Thank you for the recap. Amy, buena suerte.

Floresdeazul--love your handle--good job.

So, Jero has already figured out that Roberta is the perpetrator of his brother's "suicide." What is he going to do when he remembers that Renata was "waiting for her novio" that fateful night--will he put two and two together and shift his vengeance toward Renata? I have a feeling his 2+2 will come quicker than Victoria's on TDA!!

I want to keep up with this novela, but as I said before I'm being drawn into La Pola.

Carlos--thanks for the plug for La Pola. Besides great scenery, there are lots of horses, period costumes from 1800-1810, military uniforms, fights, intrigue, injustice, doublecrosses, betrayals.

The sets have historiclly correct accessories from the humble folk to the ruling class (and lord save me from another novela with the blue-rimmed glassware that has been in everyone I've watched from Televisa).

At the heart of the novela is the thwarted young love between the son of noble birth and the daughter of hardworking parents of questionable ancestry. Even then, color was important to divide the population (to keep it "pure").

Pola has the unfortunate characteristic of being darker skinned than her sisters, with one who never ceases to point that out, since she is convinced she will marry properly, while Pola won't.
Newbie-OK
 

I guess I definitely won't be able to watch La Pola if it comes on at the same time as CME. My DVR is too old-fashioned to be able to record two programs at the same time. Likely nobody will bother recapping it either, since it has English caps. However if there is enough interest in it maybe somebody will consider posting discussion headers for it? We can wait and see I guess.


Back to CME, Isn't it funny how we know Augie is one of the bad guys even though, as Carlos points out, he hasn't really done anything bad yet (except for some less-than-wholesome thought bubbling)? I suspect Rosemary might be on the right track, that he has somehow been controlling and cheating the locals a la Rosendo.

Carlos, funny statement about the only happy couple not being poverty-stricken. I guess that means something will come along to mess it up.
 

Cap'n Silvia- Just so you know, I don't watch ahead and wouldn't dare ruin it for others if I did. That was just speculation for fun. DOn't want to be banned from Caray or I'd have no idea of what I missed!
 

Thanks Kelly. I think that speculation is about 80% of the fun here. We love trying to figure out who will end up with whom and, the most fun of all, trying to figure out how the villains will meet their demise. Honestly, the telenovela writers should read Caray Caray for some extremely original ideas in this regard. We are much more imaginative and bloodthirsty than the writing crew. Something tells me you will come up with some very good ideas of your own since you are already thinking about the subject.
 

Captain Silvia - you got my name (Audrey) mixed up with Adriana's name in your post above (about Adriana's Dad), and I'm just tickled because that's the name I have to give at some of the Mexican restaurants around here when waiting for a table. "Audrey" they can't get their minds around - totally stumped. "Adriana" they understand completely. LOL!

Audrey (who sometimes goes by Adriana in Spanish speaking situations)
 

Oh Audrey that's funny, I didn't even realize! Funnier still that Adriana is your alias.
 

Cap'n Thanks for both the great recap and for your generosity in doing two in one week. I have still been in orbit after the art tour so am just now trying to catch up and have missed most of last weeks episode after I got an unexpected night off when the world turned their attention to bin Laden's well deserved fate.

I need to catch up to Adriana's story. As an old TN wrangler, my money is on one of our senior gentlemen will turn out to be her father, otherwise why bring up such details and dangle them before us? Doesn't usually happen, right?
See you all in a bit. I'm winding up for tonight's episode.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder