Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #86 Monday 8/15/11 Villains team up, Nata gets a bit closer to truth, Stalker woman makes her next move...

...and AntiHero plays anonymous robin hood/zorro for MR's bad days‏
Recap by Marta Ivett

Antonio goes to see Fina and goes to the point… he knows Fina and Pepa are one and the same.
Tells her that Cantu and the municipal prez of that other town both were killed, and the one who would benefit most from both deaths is her. He can intervene so authorities cannot get to her… there can’t be any negotiating with the law, but you can negotiate with me. Antonio says if I had discovered this a few days ago, you would go to jail and Gina would have recovered her daughter.
Fina: what changed then?
Antonio: Gina and Gonzo’s betrayal. Who would have said? 25 yrs ago you were the lover of Gina’s husband, and now Gina is your husband’s lover…
But I am not your enemy now. Now I want to be your ally. Want revenge over Gina and Gonzo.
Fina: I am very distrusting by nature, how would I know you are telling me the truth?
Tony: What would I gain by lying to you knowing you are a master at lying, cruelty, manipulation, killing, anything to get what you want, you are the best. Lets join forces Fina.
Fina: Alright, you win. You have me in your hands. I prefer to take your offer than to leave Gonzo and Gina the way free.
Antonio: For now lets make them believe they are free… and when the right time comes, we will make our move.
Handshake among villains… but villains who would not trust each other further than they can throw each other … weird.

Renata goes to see Regina… Regina glad she’s there… Nata says here because dad asked me to come.
Gina thankful she came.. will let her make her own conclusions of what happened.
Gina: Jero hid his plans from me. If I had known I would have told you, and not just you, anyone I knew were being deceived.
Nata: Did you know that he was marrying me for revenge and not for love AFTER he spoke with my mom?
Gina: I would not be sure. He never mentioned your mother until now. (reminds Nata when one time she told Nata she was glad that Jero and her cleared things up… she had assumed Jero had been honest with her)
Nata also remembers talking to Jero about that conversation with Gina… Jero saying he would not know what they had to forgive each other for, him saying it was about having been girlfriend of Matias. So Nata concludes Gina is truthful that she did not know. Gina is glad, but Nata says she believes that but she is NOT reconciling with Gina. I believe you but it is hard to make friends. You have a relationship with my dad, and I can respect that, but my mom takes it as a betrayal. It is hard for me to take sides so I would like to stay out of it.
Gina: Nata, Gonzo and I have a relationship, just like you had with Jero. And as Matias was hurt with your relationship, here the one that is hurting is your mother. I am so sorry but she has not played cleanly with us either. Your mom faked a fatal ilness to keep Gonzo with her.
Nata: Right. But I won’t judge you and back you up.
Gina: Don’t condemn me either.
Nata: I am not. I am just trying to stay out of it. And yes, maybe the fact that she is my mother makes me defend her, after all.

Berta and Augie:
Augie wants to know about her pregnancy, why put it on Jero if the baby was Rafa’s? Berta wants to know who told him. IF he wants her to tell, he has to tell her. Of course, it was stupid Sele who told you.
Berta wants Augie to help her make Sele pay for that ‘slip’. Only then will she tell all to Augie. Augie agrees. Quien me la hace me la paga (whoever does to me pays for it)… Augie says ditto, when it is my turn. They toast to the deal.

Ponchito arrives to elated Alfo and Ezeq… They are very thankful to Marina… Jero is admiring Marina with his stare. Carlos does too, so Mati looks at him like she wants to kill him.
Later Jero and Marian are drinking wine at a very beautiful outdoor loft… Marina says Ponchito’s reaction was very common. Jero is admiring how she talked to Ponchito and tries to convince Marina to talk to Alfonsina about the same subject. He offers to convince Alfo to do her pregnancy checkup with Marina and then Marina can talk to her about the other stuff. Marina finds it very nice for him to worry as much about the people who work for him.

Ponchito is trying to convince Ezeq and Alfo that he will not try to run away again if they stay together at the house. After they try to get him to commit not to escape, he is the winner in the dare game. Seemingly Ezeq will let Alfo stay in the house so that Ponchito won’t run away again. (the birds shooting at the shotguns?)

Mati is mad at Carlos, he accuses her of seeing ‘moros con tranchete’ (seeing trouble even where there isn’t any) then accuses her of being jealous… she starts threatening him with punching him if he even looks at another woman… (girl, you better take some valium if you want to have a man with you)…

Lazaro insists in Kari telling him why she insists on staying with Alvaro… Her love has been Lazaro’s always and living with him would be doing it in sin… He insists and Karina finally tells him she had promised her father and that is why she married him. She has to keep her promise to be married to Alvaro until death does them apart. … He asks her why she did not tell him before… so he could live his life… even though she and Alvaro are separated, she will never be able to be with another man as long as Alvaro lives. She walks away leaving a devastated Lazaro.

Chema is visiting Adri.. Connie is there too… they are talking about movies… Chema thanks Adri for accepting him even if she is Hono’s daughter. Chema and Adri are becoming good friends… when Chema and Connie walk out of the room, Adri says that she is trying to get Chema attracted to her so that her dad and Connie can get back together. Outside Connie is surprised that Adri and Chema got along so well. Chema insists that he is getting close to Adri so that Connie will be happy. In comes Hono for a very awkward moment… he is visibly turned off by Connie and Chema being there together…

Hono will stay the night with Adri at hospital. Adri talks to him about being rough with Chema… Hono can’t stand that Chema came to visit her and is trying to be her friend… His tantrum release gets interrupted by Gonzo and Gina bringing Adri chocolates… Gina tells her she and Nata at least smoothed their frictions. They talk about parents pretending the kids to take their sides… Gina understands Nata. Gonzo says in time Nata will take his and Gina’s side… and life will go back to normal.

Nata arrives at Misery Manor to try to talk to her mom. The maid goes to ask Fina and Fina sends message to Nata that she is tired and won’t see her. Nata says ah yeah?? Lets see if she won’t talk to me. And she runs up the stairs…
N: You will listen to me if you want or not, mom…
F: What part of I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU did you not get?
N: None! I don’t get any of it! And I won’t leave until you have heard me out and answered me! I have no doubts anymore about you talking to Jero and telling him that I was La Bonita!! Why do you always want to screw with my life?? WHY!??
F: I did it for your own good, but Jero is as stubborn as you! And it turned out the remedy was worse than the illness!
N: Are you trying to tell me that you told Jero that I was La Bonita for my own good? You won’t expect me to believe that!
F: There is no doubt that the children hardly know why parents believe the way they do… when you become a mother, you will understand.
N: No, even if I become a mom, I will NEVER understand! For telling THAT to Jero, I have lived the worse moments of my life!
F: Did I lie to Jero?? YES!!! I DID!! But I did it with all the intention!! (con alevosia y ventaja!) You wanted the truth? Well there it is!! But the motive was not to destroy you as you think, but to get you away from Jero! Because I knew that that man would never make you happy!
N: I am sure we would have been (happy) if it were not for your lies!
F: If I told Jero you had been his brother’s girl, it was because I thought that knowing it would have pulled him away from you. But he did the opposite! He was thirsty for vengeance, and that was the motor for your doom.
N: But why did you not tell me??
F: Would you have believed me?? For god’s sake! You were blind, as Berta says! And yes! I did not know that between your sister and Jero there had been intimacy, but at least there was a possibility, right?
N: Know what, I don’t believe you, mother.
F: Well, then analyze it. Yes, look at it from a mother’s viewpoint. (Nata is in disbelieve nodding no) Jero invaded my house and hurt both my daughers! My princesses, my treasures! Knowing that one of the two had a relationship with his brother. For God’s sake, how could I trust him?? … but if you would not listen to me, at least I had to try with him. (she is giving Nata her back so she is making villain faces in hiding from her) We mothers have a special smell sense. (really? I had not noticed) You might think that I behave like this only with you, but the same happened with Berta. I opposed to her relationship with Rafa, and I was not wrong with that either.
N: Rafa was a good man, mother.
F: A young man’s death is very benevolous. But … hey, if Rafa was so good, why did he get assassinated? Surely he had some enemies… not because he were a saint.
N: Even then, you had no right to get me away from Jero. You should have told me. And if I did not believe you then it would have been my mistake,not yours.
F: How sad that you come tell me all that. How sad that you don’t see that all I do is for love. That unconditional and sacrificial love that only a mother feels for her daughterts. (where is that thunder falling on her?? But she can surely play the martyr mother… BARF!!!)
N: Please understand me, mother. In your obsession to control everything, you end up lying as with my dad.
Tell me, what did deceiving us with a fatal tumor do for you? Sooner or later he was going to discover that!
F: I did not lie only for lying.. but for defending what is mine! I was not going to leave the way free for your dad to leave me with that ho___... Because that’s what he wants! To leave me for that ho__!! To be with Regina Soberon!
N: Look, mom! There are things that you cannot avoid! So be it! But things that you do have no justification!
F: You are going to defend your dad and that ho__! You don’t care about the pain they have caused me?? (again turning her back to Nata to fake crying and suffering). Ultimately I did not deserve that betrayal!
N: Its not about taking sides, mom! You have to accept that there are loves that hurt, as you feel for my dad. But trying to hold on to them via lies and deception.. forgive me but I think that is a really bad idea, mom.
F: I am devastated… I have done everything to keep this family together! Even asking you to leave to not let your relationship with Matias break it… but it was useless.
N: Don’t cry anymore, ok mom? Better put to practice what you have always preached. Take responsibility for your own actions.
F: Please don’t be so harsh with me, dear.
N: Mom, I am a lot less harsh than you have been with me.
F: Please dear… please forgive me… forgive me for all the times I have been harsh with you. Please understand it is nothing personal with you (Say what??) I do it with / for the people I love, my big loves.
N: Your way of loving is very strange, mom… (you tell her Nata!!)
F: Could be… but my intentions are good… I do it with Roberta, with Gonzalo… with you… with my big loves.
N: Sometimes intention is not enough, mom.
F: Dear, I swear I have always looked for the bigger good… Not the immediate one, not the unstable one, but the one which will help you find happiness in the long run… (covers her face) I swear it dear… I swear it…
(Nata gives her a tranquilizer pill… Fina begs her understanding… even if they don’t agree, to accept she does everything for love…
N: I don’t know mom. You say it is for love, but I have always felt your rejection.
F: It is protection, dear… I told you… But anyway.. I will have to accept we have different views of life and of expressing love.
N: Yes, we will have to accept that.
F: I feel like the world is falling on me. You in a divorce with Jero, Matias asking Roberta the same, and on top of that, Gonzo is betraying me with that woman.
N: You are not the only one who feels like her world is falling apart. … Can I ask you something please?
F: Whatever you want.
N: Can you look at me? (Fina turns to her) Don’t lie to me… Not for protection or for a better good or anything else. Please, don’t lie to me. I prefer the truth even if it is painful.
F: Alright, dear.
N: Good night, mom.
F: Wait… can I give you a kiss? .. Good or bad, I will always be your mother… the only mother you have in this world… (Nata is shocked frozen… Fina kisses her on cheek… Nata is looking down sad and leaves, Fina cleans up her face in disgust…) Stupid… I realize you don’t believe anything I say.. But it doesn’t matter. With what you just asked me, you have given me the motive for what I need to do in the future. (throws herself on the bed laughing)

At La Bonita, Marina is done giving everyone in the shelter a tetanus shot and it is late, she wants him to get her a taxi to go back to town… he will give her a ride… she is happy to hang on his arm…


Jero and Marina are having a good time together… she asks him to bring her some books from her medical room. He is glad to.

Marina arrives at her uncle’s, he was worried about her… She says Jero brought her home. Priest is a bit taken aback by that… but he doesn’t think about it too much. She says she likes Jero and he is a gentleman.

Hono receives a text from Blanca that she is mad that his daughter made it through.. but when he is in jail, she will go make him a spousal visit.. she will show up with another ‘skin’, sending kisses…

Adri wakes up, Hon tells her she is very important to him, months ago he did not even know about her. She feels the same way. She would like for everything to be well so he would not worry so much… He agrees.
She wishes all this that is happening was a nightmare they can wake from. Hono says lets make believe it is a story with a happy ending… he fakes like he is reading her a story… with the witch (Blanca) but finally the good was victorious and they lived happily ever after…

Connie is having coffee with Matt at her house… HE says Hono is faking not being being worried, but he knows he can end up in jail… Nata arrives. Matt notices she is sad… She tells them she came from talking to Fina.. She cannot trust Fina’s words or even her caresses… Connie says I can’t believe her either. Nata says ‘but she is my mother! Do you get it? She is my mother and I don’t trust her!.’ Nata leaves, Matias and Connie agree that they detest Fina more each day…

At La Bonita Jero is walking outside, thinking how much he loves Nata and misses her. Nata is on her laptop on split screen. Jero thinks he was wrong and lost her. Nata receives the divorce demand on email for her review… Nata thinks… divorcing is the only way to get out this broken heart (mal de amores)…
Hono arrives at the office, Soto and Gonzo tell him that a client is suing for fraud.. Ms Monique de la Rivera. The name does not sound familiar to Hono at all… Turns out it is a scheme from Blanca and her lawyer, apparently. She wants ‘justice’ done as soon as possible. She tells lawyer Hono wanted to use her.. but he will get his due…

Augie and Nata are together…apparently ready to see the lawyer… Nata wrote a letter where she lists her motives to request the marriage annulment by church… she is not sure she is ready, but she has to do it. She thanks him for being her witness in this matter.

Jero is at the bank with the manager, he is aware that MonteRubio has been denied a huge loan.. the manager tells him not only them, but any bank… They have nothing to back up the debt… Jero is willing to put the money through them, but the MRs cannot know that the money comes from him. He wants them to believe the bank decided to lend them a hand… as themselves… She asks him if he is sure… Sure sure…

Previews:
Jero wants Nata to forgive him, even had a billboard with one of their wedding pictures… Nata smiles when some other lady worker shows her. Voiceover: Agustin and Roberta want to split them… A struggle ensues for vengeance and forgiveness!
Nata: I hate stubborn people like you Jero!
Jero: I love strong and gutsy people like you, Nata! (he forces a kiss)


Have to say in that long scene with Fina and Nata, I could see Fina with the two face makeup/makeover… one rude/evil, one faking martyr suffering sacrificial mother… giving nata one side of her and turning face to the other side back and forth… poor Nata…

-Marta

Labels:


Comments:
Marta, Thank you for a wonderful recap, so complete with great dialog an so fast. I have a weild day tomorrow so I'm glad to have a chance to read it tonight to review the very full episode. So much bargaining and deal making! The Fina /Antonio conversation made my skin crawl. He shows off how very much he knows and has concluded that Fina/Pepa is the ruthless psychopath we all know her to be. And he did the whole scene with out changing his facial expressions. I was working on a photo of an iguana today and Antonio seems strangely reptilian, eyes that blink and face that tells you nothing. Even little Ponchito is quite the negotiator.
 

Marta, I am SO GLAD you got tonight's episode to recap because you did amazing justice to the conversation between Nata and Fina. Wow, it was truly a masterpiece (both their conversation and your translation).

Oh my goodness but Fina played Tony like a cheap violin. I saw how she grinned behind his back.

Cheryl you are so right, Tony has the eyes of a reptile. My apologies to all reptiles. I like reptiles except for Tony.

"Handshake among villains… but villains who would not trust each other further than they can throw each other", very insightful!

Kari says "she will never be able to be with another man as long as Alvaro lives". Cool, Doc Demented is now Doc Inconvenient. Adios Doc. Poor Lazaro, he's been waiting for so long; I hope he can wait just a little longer.

Marta, thank you for your most excellent and thorough recap. I enjoyed watching Silvia Navarro and Rocio Banquells scene, they are both such pros.
 

Vivi, how rude of me, thank you for posting. You were up late last night!
 

Marta, ever so grateful for this amazing recap, complete with full conversations. There were times last night, I felt like I had to turn away for fear of getting sick.Your word for word translations were better than watching Fina with those fake tears and behind the back sneers.

But you have to hand it to her, she can really turn it on. And her convoluted thinking almost can be convincing, but thank goodness Nata isn't buying it 100%. As she said, this is her mother (as far as she knows) and she can't wrap her head around why the years of rejections and manipulations.

Not really feeling sorry for Selene that she's about to be back-stabbed, but I'm hoping she fires back by spilling on what she knows to someone who matters. I think those two egomaniacs underestimate what she can do.

Adri is trying to smooze to Chema, but that will get Matias upset and head to new spare girl? That would explain why she's around I guess...

The "lawyer", and I use that term loosely, handed BSC "Monique" a passport. Maybe she'll be heading somewhere that we can get an idea of who she is. Any bets she shows up in our friendly wine country? But to who???

Carlos, you will be happy to know that Mati is now growing on me. Smart girl picked up on Mari's lovestruck look at Jero. As we know, she can make someone's life hell, see if she does her best to keep Jero/Mari apart....though I'm not sure she'll be 100% successful.

I think Nata is determined to be on her own to regroup for awhile. Just too much she needs to digest...and of course it will result in new pairings for awhile - always does. I don't totally dislike the new Dr. for Jero, my real worry is for Nata. Just getting sicker and sicker every time I see her with Augie.

Off to work ( been the worst week) but I'll check in later. You guys always cheer my day at lunch!
 

Up late and up early. Off to a meeting, so not much time right now. But I want to thank you Marta for another fab recap. You always seem to get the episodes with these important conversations, and I am so glad.

The scene between Fina and Nata was masterful. Both actors were on their game. Nata was paying attention to every word Fina said, and she wasn't buying it. It was interesting to see how she reacted to Fina's gestures of affection. It looked like it was the first time in her life Fina tried the affectionate approach with Nata. Nata was more shocked by Fina touching her hand on the bed, and embracing and kissing her, than she has ever been when she slapped, shook, or grabbed her. And that's really sad.

We know Fina's hatching some new plans to manipulate Gonzo, Nata and Gina, but if this "affectionate, truthful" approach is what she is going to use with Nata from now on, I think I prefer that than the abusive approach she has used until now. Maybe I'll change my mind later. It does seem that Nata and Fina have reached a new stage in their relationship though. But Nata still can't totally reject Fina because she is her mother. Fina will manipulate these feelings for all it's worth.

I need to learn some of Ponchitos negotiation skills.

More later.
 

Thanks Marta for such a thorough recap. Your complete dialogues are so helpful. don't know how you do it = but I'm glad.

Antonio's expressionless face is finally matched to the words he is saying. It matches the malice of his new alliance much bette than it matched his supposed pronouncements of love and devotion.

Daisynjay - i liked your comment on Auggie & Berta " I think those two egomaniacs underestimate what she can do. " Yep! Selene better watch her back.

I haven't had time to watch the rest yet -- I'll check back late.
 

Thanks Marta. Great recap and once again, excellent translations.

I'm getting a kick out of our reptilian Tony (thanks Cheryl). He tries to do sinister but I think he'll find that stabbing bulls is a lot easier than squaring off with Fina. She's going to end up feeding him his cape. I was happy to see him volunteer for her to do list.

daisynjay, welcome to team Matilde... your tee shirt and headband are on the way.

I also enjoy enjoy watching Roberta and Augie together... like watching serpents mate on Animal Planet. Weren't those pretty cocktails they were drinking? Straight up margaritas?

I think that Coni may be wearying of Chema. She grabbed his arm and firmly guided him out of Adri's room like he was a stubborn child.

Now might be a good time for the padre to remind Marina that Jerry is M A R R I E D.

While he was on that roll, Ponchito should have asked for a pony as well.

Carlos
 

While he was on that roll, Ponchito should have asked for a pony as well. -- Good one Carlos.

And yes-- WHY is the padre not reminding Marina that Jero is MARRIED? This priest seems very unpriestly sometimes.
 

Marta wow outstanding recap you capture everything great job and thank you.

So let get this straight Antonio believes he's justified in betraying Regina like this since she turned him down for marriage and is now with Gonzo. Dumb idiot is partnering up with a serial killer and he thinks he's going to survive this?

I don't agree with the person who said it's normal to act like this when you are dumped? It's normal to be upset and even angry but not to go so far as to keep information like a long lost stolen daughter from her mother. Now aiding a criminal too.

Yeah i agree both Roberta and Auggie are underestimating Stalking Selene. I guess when they do that she will really pair up with Diego to expose Roberta.

Daisynjay that's a good point that is probably why the new spare girl is around and looking interested in Matias.

No Renata was buying any of what Fina was shoveling this time. She even seemed repulsed by Fina touching her too.


What doesn't Jerko get didn't Renata tell him she needed time and space?

BSC Blanca had given that lawyer her passport when she met him before. I guess maybe he was running a background check on her or to see if it was legitimate. I don't believe the lawyer is crooked he's just as in the dark about her as Hon and the MR were.I get the feeling this crazy heifer has pulled this stunt before. She seems to know what she is doing so far.
 

Marta, thank you for the terrific recap. Some of the actors talk so fast, I really need a recap for comprehension.

In most TN, I really like the padres but this one is really bad. He is clueless! He needs of lot of redemption. If he doesn't start acting like a padre, I may have to have a word with the obispo.

Antonio is just plain dumb. He knows exactly what MalaFina is capable of and still wants to join her side?

I can hardly wait for Selene to get her revenge. She also needs some new friends.

Rosemary
 

OH yeah, Carlos. New wardrobe! A woman always appreciates new clothes. Not sure about the headband, but might make a good cat toy.
And I love your " He tries to do sinister but I think he'll find that stabbing bulls is a lot easier than squaring off with Fina." and "like watching serpents mate on Animal Planet. "

yes, we have some couplings lately, in various forms, that make you need antacid and antiseptic wipes after watching.
 

Dear Marta...you are our master of dialogue! Thank you so much!!!

I realise that Nata is in regroup and rethink mode, but it seems to me to be an invasion of privacy for her to allow Augie Doggie to be present at her meetings with the attorney re the divorce.

I also realise that in this day when everyone posts every private little thing about themselves online, that Augie being privy to a most important matter probably rings true in the Facebook Age.

I suppose I still believe in some things being private and personal. I am clearly the odd man out!

In any event, I detest it when Augie follows Nata to these meetings.

Ok, Dr. Carlos...YOUR Matilde has turned a new leaf (frankly, I think Nata let her off too easy as Matilde displayed horrid, childish behaviour). Hopefully, she will pay back the debt she owes Nata by keeping eyes on the lusty, busty Marina.

I wish Chema (is that name short for something or is is just 'Chema'?) and Matias had different haircuts.

Gracias dear Marta!!!

Susanita

P.S. I posted late last night on the previous day's thread that I could not find this capitulo on Daily Motion. I did a search with CMESDET cap 86 and I kept getting links to "Una Familia con Suerte". I found just about every other CME link except this one.

Does Daily Motion behave badly sometimes?
 

Right on Rosemary -- talk to the obispo -- love it.

I just finally watched the rest of the episode. I really liked the short encounter between Renata & Roberta where Berta whines about being left to look after her mother & Nata responds. __Oh I had forgotten that you are the queen of egoism. in the first place you, later you and in the end you. -- Renata seems at last to have the number of both Fina & Berta.

I'm curious about Blanca/Monique 's reference to meeting Honorio in jail with her new skin. Is she just a sado-masochistic self flagellator or are the burns an integral part of her plot against Honorio? This woman creeps me out -- but she sure does keep the tension up and keep us all curious.

I agree that the lawyer is probably not in on her scam but believes in her charges -- whatever they will turn out to be.

Creepy how conjugal visits in jail are now at least a double plot device. This show never fails to surprise.
 

Right on Rosemary -- talk to the obispo -- love it.

I just finally watched the rest of the episode. I really liked the short encounter between Renata & Roberta where Berta whines about being left to look after her mother & Nata responds. __Oh I had forgotten that you are the queen of egoism. in the first place you, later you and in the end you. -- Renata seems at last to have the number of both Fina & Berta.

I'm curious about Blanca/Monique 's reference to meeting Honorio in jail with her new skin. Is she just a sado-masochistic self flagellator or are the burns an integral part of her plot against Honorio? This woman creeps me out -- but she sure does keep the tension up and keep us all curious.

I agree that the lawyer is probably not in on her scam but believes in her charges -- whatever they will turn out to be.

Creepy how conjugal visits in jail are now at least a double plot device. This show never fails to surprise.

Güera
 

Just stopping in to say "hi" and thank you Marta! I'm at work and will read later, just wanted to make a quick comment: Yes, Tony of the beady eyes has gone all the way over to the dark side! Poor Renata and Regina with Fina and her evil spawn teaming up with their increasingly eeevil would be suitors to wreak havoc within the lives of their true loves! I'm beyond comment tired of Chema and look forward to hearing you guys rip Blanca apart.

Oh yeah, and thank goodness Renata was not taken in by Fina'phony display of maternal love. Yuk! Renata, listen to your heart and your gut, don't do to Regina what Jero did to you: prejudge and dismiss! Think!!

Lila
 

Susanita, Chema is a nickname for Jose Maria. I learned that from Llena de Amor.

Daily Motion only includes what people post to it, like youtube. It looks like whoever posted the CME videos must have missed Cap 86. Bummer.

"Fina'phony", has a nice ring to it.
 

Growing up in the land of marriage is forever (S. TX border town)I totally understand Kari's self sacrificing stupidity. I was the first in my family to defy that and other "dont's" and it is difficult to understand how someone can accept abuse and whatnot in a marriage.

I was impressed with Ponchito's negotiating skills, I took lessons, now I just need to find someone to use them on.

Doctora Ta-Talicious sure wasted no time in getting all handsy and grabby with Jero.

Go Nata for not letting Fina off so easy, I love SN, she is such a wonderfully talented actress.

When was Chemo's stay away from the hospital ban lifted? or maybe it wasn't judging by the way Cons walked him out.

Roberta and Auggie - these two together joining their evil forces can't be good for our girl Renata.

Looking forward to seeing Jero go all out in his efforts to win Nata back.
 

Ditto on "Fina-phony" I also like your "lusty busty" description of Marina Susanita -- and I agree with your hope that Mathilde will keep her eye an the good doctora.
 

Marta--I can't thank you enough for the Fina-Nata dialog. I got most of Rocio's, but Silvia talks so fast she runs her words together.

Antonio must be thinking like a bullfighter when confronting Fina--she's a tough, intelligent opponent, but the bullfighter always enters the ring thinking he's smarter than the bull. Too bad this one is a cow.

Couldn't wait to get this down, Augie and Berta--the perfect couple. He doesn't want or like kids and she can't have any. It's a match made in hell. Wonder what Augie is going to think up next for his rival in amor.

Daisynjay--I also think the Jero-Mari pairing might work (we know it won't last). He probably needs someone who isn't quite as high-strung as Nata.

Nata, meanwhile, reminds me a little of Hipolita on Alborada--determined to make it on her own, while knowing that the love she has for Luis has too many impossible barriers.

My word verification is suckl. This would have been better over on Alborada, no?. But if I have to type it here, then Fina is the one who suckled her tesoros on different teats (as Marta suggests with her two-sided face, to me it doesn't stop at her neck).
 

I can't help but wonder which one of the names BSC is using is really hers the other one has to belong to someone she is either close too? Or perhaps scammed in the same way in the past. Either way once that lawyer gets wind that the person who actually committed the fraud was the very same person who is now trying to sue the company he's going to drop her like a bad habit.
 

Thanks Marta. The dialogues really help out.

Didn’t Carlos say he had brothers coming to visit? Maybe one brother for Arely, one brother for Marina, one brother for Hit and Run sister?

Re: the priest. I miss Father Bosco from MEPS. The padre in STuD was a bit of a ding dong, too.

Blu: “What doesn't Jerko get didn't Renata tell him she needed time and space?” But with Auggie in the picture pushing the divorce, I’m kinda glad he’s not giving it to her.

Auggies voice sounds like the kind they use to dub foreign films.

Robey
 

Thank s everyone for the kind words.
Robey, I am with you, as much as Nata told Jerko to give her time and space, if he does stay away, Nata might eventually give in to Augie's insisting and make wrong decisions... but good thing he is doing the 'rescuing of MR' anonymously... FOR NOW
 

what was the question that Nata asked Fina at the end of their talk?
 

Nata asked her not to lie to her, regardless of whether she thought it would be better for Nata, not for any reason... she did not want to be lied to
 

so my guess is that Fina will use this 'don't lie to me' to give Nata half truths, say that Gina lost/misplaced her kid at the park, but skip the fact that that kid is Nata and that the one who stole it was HER.
 

Great,great recap Marta. I love your style and clarity; it's like watching the episode all over again.

Tony, Tony, Tony...oh well, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. When the spider saunters into the maw of the snake, he only has himself to blame.

Carlos -- "like watching serpents mate on Animal Planet" - *lmao* Now I can't get the image out of my mind. I even hear a narrator voice over!

ITA that the Padre has some fast and loose rules on the advice he dishes out. In the beginning he was telling Kari that maybe it was God's will to match her up with a lush, and now he still thinks she is right to stay married to him (albeit acknowledgeing that she needn't worry about conjugal visits), but when it comes to his own niece, he smirks at her infatuation with Jero. Sure, Renata had approached him about getting an annulment, but it hasn't happen yet.

Someone here once commented that for someone who accuses everyone else of estupidez, she makes some pretty dumb moves herself. Double-crossing Selene, who has a lot of dirt on you, is sure to backfire.

Susanita, I agree that I want to see Matilde step up and defend Renata a little more against the busty interloper. I don't think the good doctor has evil intentions, but it would still be nice to know that someone at La Bonita has Renata's back (and how ironic if her greatest defender turned out to be Matilde).

I agree with Lila, I am so tired of Chema. Just, just...go away, or hook up with either Spare Girl #1 or #2.

I really hope Honorio is saving these nasty little emails and text messages from BSCBlanca.

Juan Miguel
 

Roberta is making it awfully hard to believe in her redemption. SHe can't even be loyal to her one friend.

And it's also getting hard to respect Karina. I mean, I get that the Catholic church hates divorce, but he's a drunken, wife-beating, kidnapping rapist. Surely in this case annulment is in order. That padre needs to step up and push this. Or Karina needs to get a new God.

AT least Ponchito is happy. Maybe he can use Gitana for now.
 

Fabulous recap, Marta.

I needed all those detailed conversations spelled out.

I wrote this earlier but it disappeared. Having been raised a Catholic and still a practicing one, I realize that there is much to criticize; however, in this post, I will address only the Marriage issue. I have known since I was young that the Church does not force people to remain in an abusive marriage. Marriage is intended to be a partnership, and if one person cannot make good on that partnership, then there is in fact, NO MARRIAGE. People can get annulments, but I do realize that
they can take much longer than seems necessary. I know many divorced Catholics who were permitted to remarry in the Church if they still wanted to practice that religion. The "better or worse" part does not mean to stay and suffer abuse. That simply refers to health and money problems. The idea is to stay with a spouse who is ill, although many people do not, and to stay with a spouse through financial hardships - although many do not.

The Church in Latin America does seem somewhat backward compared to the Church in the U.S. There is
much ignorance among the uneducated classes. As teens in
Catechism classes in the U.S., the priest told us to stay away from wife beaters and inveterate alcoholics. These were automatic grounds for divorce.
 

Kelly- Judy pointed out yesterday that all of the horrible stuff Alonso did, is actually NOT necessarily grounds for divorce or annulment in the Catholic Church in Mexico. Crazy, right?

But since Jero went into his marriage with false intentions, basically lying as he said his vows, Renata has a case for annulment.
 

Not being Catholic, it is probably inappropriate (maybe I can be Mr. I for a day), for me to comment on it, but I have watched lots of TNs and I think the fact that Dr. Nesme is sterile may just be grounds enough for Kari to obtain an annulment.

Carlos
 

Carlos good point. I would prefer that he die and solve the problem that way. But being proven sterile works too. Now, where is that doctor of his that gave him the news of his sterilty? We need him to be Marina's best doctor friend or something. They have a conversation, she mentions where she's vacationing, he (against all doctor rules) mentions a sterile patient he had there who was a doctor...
 

As Toni's one and only supporter, I suggest his proposal is so out of character. I think the Toreador is working the bull with Fina.
And just like his compact with Gonzo was a gamble for Gina (joint body guards and get her out of town) was because he truly wants what is best for her, this is too. Afterall he has no hard evidence on Fina but he could get some if he gets in with her.
I say Tony's trying to recover the lost daughter and make Gina happy even with another man. That would make him the ONLY unselfish lover on this telenovela. I hope I hope I hope! Shoot, I'll hum a theme song for that myself.
 

Just chiming in...

Getting an annulment on the Catholic church seems to be all the rage nowadays between the rich and the famous. Angélica Rivera got an annulment for her marriage on grounds of adultery (they had two daughters and had been divorced for a few years) so she could remarry. Nobody cared all that much.

Maybe more conservative and squared thinking priests in small towns would advice to stay in an abusive marriage but CME is based on Ensenada, BC. I'd just advice Kari to go to another church with a more sane priest. When I was growing up we stopped going to mass when we couldn't stand the priest anymore but found another one who was much better. Even the more devotes do that too.

Jarocha
 

Great solution Jarocha. Time for another priest!!!
 

I am jaw-dropping surprised at Jero! Each time he looks at the "new woman visiting in town" (also known as the lovely doctor)I think his smile says NEeexXXTTT. He aint ready. I want Carlos to slap him during his next crying jag over Renata's gone boo hoo I must have her back.
Now to relax and enjoy, the Recappers and the Commenters. Thank you all.
 

Bonney Churros, Hey, I like it. Hard to believe that someone whose only crime so far has been to be deadly dull would make such an abrupt turn to the dark side. Also he has that sad history of the lost/missing/dead? wife and daughter who I predicted early on would reappear at some point.

I'm not a fan, but I didn't hate the guy either... heck, I'll hum along with you.

Carlos
 

Isn't a big reason Kari feels she should stay married to Dr. Freak is because of a promise she made to her dying father? That would also work on her conscience, being the kind of woman she is.

Robey
 

♫ ♫ ♪Thanks Carlos ♫♫♫ ♪
 

Loved your title Marta..sounds like a tense, action-filled newscast. Or the words of a narrator in a thriller film.

Your careful translations of the key conversations are such a gift. And I loved your final observations about the two sides of Fina's face. The side facing Renata, aggrieved and suffering misunderstood mother; the other her hateful, vengeful self.

The actress, and the writers are doing a great job. Ditto with the Blanca character. Both Fina and Blanca are very hard for me to watch, but the script is giving them a lot of juice.

On Tony's change of tactics, hope that Bonney Churros is right. Although I said his initial angry reaction was "normal", I would never say yesterday's ACTIONS were "normal". People think all kinds of horrible vengeful thoughts when they feel rejected. But they don't act on them. And gradually the vengeful fantasies fade and they get a grip.

Kari's situation has generated a lot of discussion. So interesting. Carlos is probably right that sterility is grounds for annulment. As I understand it, the Church believes that marriage and marital relations are for the purpose of engendering children. And the sleazy doc has consistently misled her that SHE, Kari, is the problem, not himself. So that should be grounds. Whew! don't have to kill the guy off after all. But we do need to pry her out of her abused-I-don't-deserve-anything-better slouch. Maybe Lazaro and the good (but goofy) priest can combine and work that. Of heck, just sic the feisty Matilde on her!
 

New priest is a great idea. But first, this one needs to find about Dr. Nesme's sterility and blab it around town. The doc (drunk doc, not cleavage doc) needs to know everyone in town knows. Then he needs to be killed. It's a just ending.

(None of this, of course, is intended to disparage people's faith. But all my Catholic friends are the kind who'd sooner divorce their husbands than give up birth control, so it's odd to see a woman consult her priest about having to have sex with her @%$^ of a husband).
 

Ok, if this is the second time this posting appears - sorry!

"Antonio must be thinking like a bullfighter when confronting Fina--she's a tough, intelligent opponent, but the bullfighter always enters the ring thinking he's smarter than the bull. Too bad this one is a cow." NOK! That. is. freakin'. HILARIOUS!

"I say Tony's trying to recover the lost daughter and make Gina happy even with another man. That would make him the ONLY unselfish lover on this telenovela." Bonney Churos, bravery and loyalty! You go girl! Wouldn't this be a REAL plot twist. Bonney, if it is true, Tony is surely going to be sacrificed for his effort. You could be on to something.

Marta, many, many thanks for the wonderfully detailed dialogue. Makes the episode and the cap not only entertaining but a wonderful language lesson!

Lila
 

Cap'n Sylvia: Now I see why I couldn't find this capitulo last night. I was beginning to think I was losing it! So 'Chema' is short for Jose Maria. How interesting! I never knew that. Thank you so much!

Juan Miguel: Good point about Hon saving the texts from Batty Blanca. I was wondering that myself. It worries me that he is so preoccupied that he might not be thinking of this.

Will the real Batty Blanca please stand up? Somehow, I think her path is going to intersect with that of Malafina. Dr. Carlos has been saying this all along. There is just something too fishy about Batty Blanca.

Susanita
 

I am hosed again tonite! There is NO Capitulo 87 on Daily Motion. Not fair. NOT fair at all!

Everyone please enjoy it for me. At least I can listen to Enrique and Juan Luis sing the song on You Tube. I LOVE the theme song.

Susanita
 

Just did another check at Daily Motion. I am hosed at least through capitulo 90. Oy. This is going to be so painful...so very painful. :((

Susanita
 

Susanita, try this:

CME Cap87

It looks to be an hour long so it probably includes ads. Maybe you can click forward through them. Hopefully it's the entire episode. Good luck!
 

Muchas gracias, my dear Cap'n!

Susanita
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder