Thursday, September 01, 2011

Cuando Me Enamoro #96 Wednesday 8/31/11 No weddings and two funerals... One soul for heaven (?) one soul for hell...



Tonight's recap courtesy of Marta.



Alvaro’s heart stops. Doctor and nurse frantically try to revive him.

At la bonita, Karina has a nightmare/ presumption that something bad happened.

Cata mentions Gonzalo’s wife and ‘pepa’ but Gina does not add the two together and Cata dies before she can say more.

At MR manor, Fina is grabbing loads of cash from the safe… by her own admission is same thing she did 25 yrs ago to Roberto. She can’t even manipulate Berta as she did back then… she really wants Cata to die… so she can continue with her plans.

Gina is crying hugging Cata’s body in the hospital bed… remembering scenes from Reginita’s 1 yr bday… and the goodbyes recently… to the tune of ‘algo se muere en el alma’…

Berta goes in Augie’s room, he reprimends her for almost getting caught by Nata. Augie says he will take Nata’s habits little by little. She plays flirty with him, he does not want to take any risks, she ups the game… she will have a lot of fun in her stay here… he stops her cold and reminds her ‘I am the one that calls the shots here’ and he takes over…

Chema offers to get coffees for everyone, Gonzo admits to Connie that Chema is a good young man. Connie says hes been a good support. Gonzo confronts her about whether Chema is just a support or she is in love with him. But before she can answer, Gina comes out to tell them (devastated) that her mom died. She died and did not forgive Gina.

At La Bonita Carlos and Mati talk about him being dissillusioned and Mati being mad about Renata getting engaged to Augie. Her first impression was right… Whoever hurts her ‘hermoso’ does it to her. From tonight on, Renata, the Linares Ex, will be the unmentionable.

At bed, switch from Nata to Jero… he saying to himself that Nata is dead to him… (man, will you make up your mind for once?? She loves me … she loves me not… I want her… I want her not… forget me... forget me not!)

Berta has finished making love to Augie, she vows that she will not let Nata have any man. Meanwhile Augie is talking to the pillow saying the one he wants in his bed is Nata.

In the morning, Fina reads the paper notice about Cata being dead. She at first is really happy but then remembers that perhaps Cata said something before dying… she gets frantic, she has to know what Cata said or what happened. She dials Antonio’s number, but he won’t answer. Fina says don’t matter, she will make Gina suffer and cry much more than she could be crying now, even with Gonzo beside her.

At Cata’s funeral are Gonzo, Matt, Adri, Chema, Connie and Gina, Ines, Isidro and some extras…

At la bonita, Jero gets a call from the jail telling him Alvaro died. Jero gets Lazaro to gather everyone at the living room.

At Cruz de Amor, at breakfast for three, Berta keeps playing teasing games with Augie and Nata… slept warm… Augie gets a call and walks away… his ‘contractor’ says he got overboard a bit. Augie says this time I will pay extra but next time limit urself to follow the orders.

Jero and Padre Ceverino tell Karina that Alvaro died from a brawl in jail.

Still at breakfast, Nata asks Berta how’s mom. Berta says she now understands mom, since Matias also asked her for the divorce just like her dad did her mom. Nata gets on Matt’s side, yours was not a marriage, more like an arrangement and if there is no baby anymore, we will all be divorced. Berta assures Nata she won’t get divorced. She does not want yet. Tells Nata Matt won’t give her a peso. Nata stays behind Matias, asks Berta to go work. (really? Like asking a worm to enter a hen house.) Berta says Matt is hanging out with ho__ Adri… what do you call the women who hang around with married men? Nata strongly backs up Matias… if she wants to stay married then she will have to settle to have a married who goes out with another one. Nata leaves angry, Augie reprimends Berta for making Nata upset in her own house.

At La Bonita, Jero offers to do the funeral for Alvaro there. Kari is frozen, limits herself to say may he rest in peace, and may God welcome him in his glory. They were so many years… she can’t believe that he won’t be there anymore. Lazaro says in some way you said goodbye to him. Kari mentions her nightmare/presumption of last night.
Marina is clinging to Jero’s arm… geez!!

Berta keeps nagging at Augie, like she doesn’t know him. Augie claims Nata is his woman and you will have to listen to her… Berta says nope, your woman is me! She is just your fiancee. She is playing with you, like she does with all men… She will play him like a violin… You fell to her charm but that does not mean I will kneel at her silly antics. He insists ‘here what I say is done.. whether you like it or not’. She threatens him with telling Nata they are lovers, and if she did not leave him even if I told her that he and I were lovers, she will leave you in a heartbeat. He gets violent and grabs her arm. You don’t want to see me when I get angry (Is he the incredible HULK??)

At la Bonita, the funeral begins… Karina is still frozen walking like a zombie. She wants to open the gasket to see him… Padre says better remember him as he was before. She says there are good memories, few but some. There was a lot of pain in our marriage, but today, from the bottom of my heart, I forgive him, and I say goodbye.

Alfonsina tells Ezeq that Alvaro died. She won’t go to the funeral, and she won’t talk to Kari since Kari doesn’t’ want to see her anymore.

Fina keeps dialing Antonio. He finally answers. Fina tells Antonio Cata died… he is shocked, he wanted Cata to survive… He keeps nagging Fina about how cold and calculating she is… he is no murderer like her, she nags at him that he approached her for it. Fina says can’t leave you in peace, you have to find out what she ‘told’ before dying. He claims he will take the responsibility… Fina says just find out…

Ezeq comes to tell Augie about Alvaro’s death and Augie fakes like he is surprised… Ezeq will go to the funeral, doing it for Karina and to make sure he is DEAD for good. Augie says he is sort of glad Alvaro is dead, betrayers should be dead and in hell. But Augie won’t go to La Bonita as long as it is still property of Linares.

On his way out Ezeq runs into Nata, she asks him to find a vet to check Gitana out, he lets her know he is going to the funeral, once he tells her who died, she wants to go with him for Karina.

At Cata’s funeral, Gina and Gonzo talk, he consoles her. Gina is upset that she was a good daughter in Cata’s eyes.. UNTIL she fell in love with him.

At Cruz de Amor, Berta flirts some more with Augie, my sister and I are opposite poles. You can make a change. He says ‘not a chance’. She insists, he just walks away from her.

Isidro calls Jero and lets him know about Cata’s death, they are at funeral, better wait to call Gina later or tomorrow.

The bank manager calls Matias to let him know they got approved for the new credit line. Matt calls Gonzo, they got the credit, now they can run the setup plan to trap Blanca. The plan is with Daniel to call Blanca to tell her about the new moneys available so she will teach him how to move it to their accounts… She wants them to do it together, she does not want to be tricked …

While Gonzo is still on the cell, Antonio gets to the funeral, approaches Gina… He asks her if Cata talked to her before dying… Gina tells him Cata mentioned something about Gonzo’s wife, but died shortly after. (guess Gina did not hear when Cata mentioned ‘Pepa’). Gina mentions how much Cata loved Antonio. He says he let her down, he was not as ‘good’ as she thought…. But when he is about to say more, he chickens out and just asks Gina to forgive him and leaves.

At La bonita, Nata gets to the funeral, Jero walks to her and says you are not welcome here anymore…

Previews: Nata walks out mad, Manuela tries to get her to stay… and Jero gets more intimate with Marina.

Labels:


Comments:
I like your title because, as I was watching, the very same title popped into my head!! Well, the part about the weddings and funerals anyway, not the second part about heaven and hell.

So really? Did one of the assassins call Augi and demand more money for "accidentally" killing Doc Nesme's cell mate? I thought that was what I heard but I couldn't believe it. Wow. The nerve.

"Is he the incredible HULK??" Hee, good one.

OMG, is it weird trips incorporated or what with Nata and Berta being in the same house? I would love for Nata to catch her sis and prometido in a very compromising position.

I think Doc Marina is basically a good person, but she is clearly smitten with Jero. I guess she's kind of dumb that way.

Thanks for the great recap Marta. And posted so quickly too! Awesome.
 

I'm still bummed I missed yesterday's capitulo but so glad to have this place to come and catch up on anything I missed. Gracias to all the wonderful and dedicated recappers.

I totally agree that Gina should have just shutted up her mouth and let her mama speak. Most of the time I was thinking Cata needed to shut it...oh well, maybe later on Gina will put two and two together.

Fina getting into Tony's car and waiting in the back seat was too funny, I could see her killing him and then getting out of the car como si nada. But she still needs him.

Gonzo's slow approach to comfort Gina was well...too slow. Usually he is so effervescent, this was a good time for him to quickly gather her in his arms and offer his reassurance and support.

Berta sure has a big pair on her threatening The Incredible Hulk like she did. Auggie is escalating in his creepiness and controlling muttering that he will slowly take things from Nata...like her freedom and independence.

Dr. Tata's shockingly was not wearing yellow, I think the green looked great on her. She has already staked her claim on Jero as evidenced by her clinging to him all cozy on the couch.

I would have insisted on opening the casket to ensure Dr Creepy was indeed dead, it wasn't like his face was all banged up.
 

Marta, you had such a "fun" episode to recap! Thank you for adding some humor and making all the histrionics more palatable to read about again.

"Gonzo's slow approach to comfort Gina was well...too slow." Yeah, Ruby, I was wondering why the China Doll approach with Gonzo, but then I thought the poor guy keeps hearing how the dear departed hated his guts. I think he's afraid she's going to walk away from him, thinking she'll "make up" to her mother. Maybe smartly he doesn't want to come on to strong.

Color me surprised that they really did kill off the Doc. These people with all these secrets are lucking out and we're losing cast members! We need some new folks on the scene.

Had a bit of a problem with the full-fledged religious funeral for Dr. scumbag, but I think maybe Kari needed that. Hope after all those blessings and forgiveness the pearly gates stay locked. Doc can work on his tan somewhere else. I too was WTH with TATA hanging all over Jero, but he didn't mind.Step One to what we get tonight.

I know everyone beats up on Jero, and they will be all "now he's all over" TATA, but I keep trying to look at Nata and his reactions from their perspectives. For him, Nata jumped right into Augie's arms days after making love to him, heck she got herself engaged!
So falling into Doc's arms will almost be a knee-jerk reaction to that - she can do it, so can I.Between these two it will be misunderstandings until something more monumental happens.

And let's face it - the beautiful Doc is a far better choice than Augie.

Speaking of whom...this is going to be nauseating watching Berta and him cavorting under Nata's nose. They need to be caught-by someone, anyone. And Berta may just not mind that. Augie may have met his match. Nothing stays quiet in that town - Nata would find out soon enough. But I have a feeling it won't be until "JeRina" become an item.

Comic moment of the night - Toni staring at the empty decanter and glass - thought to myself "I think he's upset - but then he always looks like that." Never seen anyone with such expressionless eyes. Scary....
 

What a fast recap. Thanks Marta. Loved your line about Roberta going to work being akin to asking a worm to enter a hen house

Auggie just gets creepier & creepier. For some reason it nauseated me when he patted the bed and swore that soon Renata would be the one there. And his comment about Nata's nighttime rides being one of the things that he would slowly change as Nata gets used to things at CdA. He is such a control freak.

I think you may be right Daisynjay -- Auggie may have met his match in Berta.
 

Marta: "Jero… he saying to himself that Nata is dead to him… (man, will you make up your mind for once??" Perfect! You summed up my feelings exactly. I've gone from loathing to tolerating him but after "Jero walks to her and says you are not welcome here anymore…", I'm settling nicely into indifference.

This was a great recap Marta. Your insight and humor was on point.

Sylvia, I was also hoping Nata would catch Berta and Augie - what gaul! Ack.

Daisy, I complettely agree - I was afraid Gina was going to walk away from Gonzo too. I think he was wise in his cautious reaction.

I like Doc Marina. I'm not surprised Jero doesn't seem to realize he is encouraging her affections...

Diana
 

Great recap Marta.

I was yelling at the screen at Gina to shut up and let her mother speak, that was so annoying.

I am still in shock with the divorce of Jero and Nata. I thought for sure once they did the love dance on the tree, in TN magic Nata would be pregnant and not go through with divorce.

I have to ask, since I did not see the first 20 minutes of last night's episode, but did the doctor really die? I can't believe we may have a happy Karina.
 

Question for you, Ladies: What you think of the stubble beards that seem to be cool or “están de moda” in Mexico, to wit: Matías, here, and Max (Wm Levy in Triunfo del Amor)?

Spoiler warning: Two weeks ago I went on Wikepedia (spelling?) to check on the dates for CME, when it started, when it will end, et cetera. While there, I glanced at the cast-depictions:, who plays what character. And wow, it contained 4 spoilers, one of which was the death of Regina’s mother, which we saw last night. The other three I’m trying to forget.

So, respectfully suggest you don’t look at WiKipedia’s cast depiction.

Farmer
 

Excellent, Marta. Very well done.

Renata wants a vet to check out Gitana? Is that an anvil I hear?

"Kari is frozen, limits herself to say may he rest in peace, and may God welcome him in his glory."

I was proud of Matilde who followed up with:

"Yo dudo que esté en la gloria, más bien yo creo que se fue para el otro lado..."

"I doubt that he is in glory (note the proper use of subjunctive... esté) I think it's more likely that he went to the other place..."


rubycantu and Nellie,

"I would have insisted on opening the casket to ensure Dr Creepy was indeed dead..."

"...but did the doctor really die?"


I'm going out on a limb and say that Alvaro is not dead.

I smell a rat and I think that Jerry's involved. He apparently talked to Alvaro the night before and when he received the phone call from the jail he said something like,

"Yes, well, that was the deal. OK, I'll be right there."<

He asked Lazaro for keys to the SUV but then ran into Padre and Marina.

Hmmm....

Carlos
 

rubycantu, if you still want to watch Cap. 95 you can find it here: CME Cap 95. The audio works for me on this site but Susanita had a problem with it.

Farmer, I personally don't care for the stubble look. However I would not shut my door in the faces of Matias, Max, or Mariano (Teresa). Thank you for the heads up about Wikipedia. I NEVER look at their telenovela pages until after the grand finale. I, too, discovered a few telenovelas ago that they are full of spoilers. It's very annoying.

Nellie, yes the doctor really did die. Yippeeeeee!! Someone suggested that now Kari might dress in black and mourn an eternity, thus torturing poor Lazaro further. It will be interesting to see how Kari deals with her husband's death. Personally, I would open a bottle of champagne and celebrate.
 

Carlos, I missed your post. Really? You think Doc might still be alive? That would definitely be a surprising twist.
 

Carlos, good call on Dr Nasty possibly not being dead, I missed the beat down episode and Jero's call to the prison so it's quite possible as he has a ruthless and dark side to him. Jero may be getting his ducks in a row and one of those ducks just happens to be Dr PastyandMaybeNotDead.
 

Sylvia, when bad guys die, I want to view the corpse. Kari wanted to but was talked out of it. Let's hope that Zeke insists.

Jerry was really being petty and (dare I say?) inappropriate by telling Renata that she is not welcome. He loaned La Bonita to Kari for the service... she should be the one who says who is welcome there during that time.

Carlos
 

Gracias Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait, checking it out now.
 

Thanks Marta. Great recap. Mommie and Daughter Dearest sure were showing their claws last night!

I, too thought it was hilarious when Fina popped up in the backseat of Tony's car. You saw it coming, but it was still funny! Poor deluded, expressionless Tony - man you are so out of your league when it comes to Fina. I was surprised she didn't shoot him in the car.

Carlos, I too, think that Dr. Nesme is not yet as dead as his sperm is? What's up with the mysterious calls to Jero from the jail cell right before the news of Dr. Deadsperm's death? Why not open the casket? Did he die "onscreen"? OTOH, if he is not truly dead yet, and Jero is helping to cover it up, does that mean the poor Kari is not really a widow, and therefore not yet free to marry anyone else? That would be a cruel thing to do. Of course, knowing Kari, she'd probably do the year of mourning thing anyway, before she'd consider hooking up wiht Lazaro.

Well, well well, Agustín is many things, but I never thought he was stupid. But how else to describe giving Berta blackmail power by sleeping with her, right under Nata's nose no less? I loved, his angry, pouty face as he tried to stare down Berta.

And I'm sorry, but I continue to lose patience with the La Bonita crowd when they insist on treating Renata so shabbily, and it looks like we're in for another does of it.

And Dr. Consolation Prize sure is a clingy little thing, isn't she. Could she have been more snuggled up on that couch with Jero?

Juan Miguel
 

Nice job, Marta! Thank you. Great quips!

Oh Carlos, I think you could be right. The dr. could still be alive and this is a trap for Jero to bring down Augie? And right when Kari went and got her breasts polished.

You are so right, Marta, that Augie is coming across like the hulk. Here's a major part of the transformation: When he's happy we see his nice upper row of teeth, but when he's upset he flaunts the bottom scary craggy looking ones. I wonder if he does that on purpose?

Is there some Mexican or Catholic tradition for people to go up on the coffin pedestal and stand by the coffin? What was that?

Rosemary la Otra
 

The more I think about it the more I'm sure you guys are right, Doc Deadsperm is alive!! Gosh that really creeps me out. Even more reason to drink that bottle of champagne. The whole thing.
 

Thanks for the just the facts recap Marta. Sort of a depressing cap with the funerals, but you did it justice. Great title too.

Carlos- I thought the exact same thing about Dr. Death not being dead. When Kari wanted to open the casket, Jero got a momentary panicked look on his face. He and the Doc cooked something up. Hmmmm... The plot thickens.

I could not stand the way he threw Nata out of the funeral. So inappropriate and not his place given that she's there for Kari.

My nephew and his fiancé dropped by last night just as the show was starting. They decided to watch with me (not a good night with all the funerals and the wailing). My nephew was feeling pretty good about understanding much of what was being said with the remnants of his high school Spanish. Then Nata came on screen. It's when she bumps into Zeke and starts the sentence slowly with, "Oye" (Hey). Then she lets loose a rapid fire, Nata style sentence. My nephew immediately busted out laughing and yelled, "Oh my God!" I could not stop laughing for minutes. :)
 

like mother like daughter... they both like to 'flaunt themselves' to their man 'i am here and I am better than her or anyone else!'... what they dont want to admit is that most men don't want to be pressured into anything or anyone... and all they do is get right on their faces.
I agree that Gina should ahve let Cata speak instead of putting words in her mouth.'. i know you like ...'
 

Oh, brilliant deduction Carlos, and it sure makes sense considering the calls, no lookkee in the casket, etc.

Would the Padre be in on it? He's the one who told her not to look and Jero sure started lurching for the coffin when she went to open it too. (Now we may know why). I mean, technically that's lying...but this good father plays a little fast and loose with the rules, so who knows. It would be a hoot to see Dr. D pop out of a cake at Augie, but not happy where that puts Kari. Will they force the Doc to do one of those no fault divorces, so she'll be unhitched no matter what (just won't know it right away?)

The plot thickens...
 

sorry i totally forgot about the scene with Antonio returning to his car, Fina is waiting for him behind his seat... he gets scared instantly (I would too, darn! this woman murdered several already and i know stuff that could incriminate her, so I would be pi___ my pants)... he wants to jump ship, she tells him he can't, they are both in this... and she wants them to go and arrange the details of the next part of 'their' plan.

sorry my dvdr did not record the last 5 min so i watched it in UNIV West and did not remember this scene when i finished my recap
 

No kidding, I would pi** my pants too if Fina popped out from my back seat.

Vivi, that's a funny story about your nephew. I know how he feels. Sometimes after a few rewinds I just throw up my hands and move on to the next scene.
 

I had been wondering what Jero was up to. That mysterious phone call where he said that everything was under control. i thought it was something to do with the info that he got from Alvaro when that call came in right after the stabbing. We knew that Alvaro had shared something important but Jero didn't share it with anyone -- not even Carlos. So this idea that he's not really dead could fit right into that scenario. When last we saw him a doctor was applying the paddles to his chest to revive him.

It would be a nice little plot twist -- except for where it leaves Kari and Lazaro. Kari already filed for divorce -- but for her that doesn't free her from the vows she made before God. If Nesme isn't dead how will she ever free herself -- from herself?

I am liking Roberta more and more. As Rubycantu said " Berta sure has a big pair on her threatening The Incredible Hulk like she did." When he tells her that she doesn't want to see him angry she just stares him down & says that he doesn't want to deal with her if she is angry either. She is one tough cookie. Her taunts about how Renata only uses men -- one man after another --sound like she really believes it. I loved her seductive teasing as she told Auggie he'd be better off switching sisters because Renata is only going to bore him. She has that smug look which I hate when she directs it at Nata -- but I love it when she takes aim at Auggie.

Guera
 

hmmm you guys are on to something! maybe that 'deal' that Jero was talking about on the phone when he got irritated and said 'that was not what we agreed to!' is that Alvaro will divorce kari or annul the marriage BESIDES incriminating Augie, in exchange for Jero not to press charges against him.
 

Güera, I also think that Roberta is a lot more fun. She has grown (though perhaps not in a good way). She was almost a pitiful victim before and now she is a seductive predator. I love watching her needle Augie. He may be having a bit of fun now, but I'll bet that he soon rues the day that he met here.

Carlos
 

Carlos -- you do have a thing for those bad girls don't you? You were in Constanza's camp on Gancho log before the rest of us were.

Guera
 

Daisynjay: “Augie may have met his match.” I was thinking the same thing. Berta's no pushover like Arely and Selene is nowhere in her league. In his arrogance, A might have made his fatal mistake in taking up with B.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I like that Jero kicked Nata out of the house. I think I’m reacting this way because Nata is being estupida taking up with Auggie. I know, I know—she doesn’t know Auggie like we know Auggie.

Carlos: It does seem like there’s a good chance the Doc isn’t dead. It means Jero might have the upper hand finally.

I was thinking about Mati and the headband and how a lot of people don’t care for it. I wasn’t a fan of Mati until recently, but I think Mati wouldn’t be Mati without her little headband.

Robey
 

ok so there was no onscreen death of the doc. Then I agree with Carlos, doc is still alive and that is whom Jero was talking to. I wonder what plotline this will follow.

Thanks for telling me about wikipedia, I like finding out what happens, and most enjoy how they achieve it. I have no idea what is going to happen to Auggie, but I have to say I love that man's voice.
 

Marta, special thanks for this one - there seemed to be a lot of unfamiliar words running through the closed captions last night.

Carlos - are you going for some kind of Goth Vampire or Zombie plot twist with Alvaro being among the undead? Should Padre Severino practice his holy water flinging technique and start carrying a sharpened wooden stake?

Farmer - I'm with you. The "unshaven" look = "slovenly" in my narrow mind.

Roberta's and Matilde's characters have blossomed in the last few weeks. Enjoyable to watch.

Emilia and I were thinking the producers were smart to get max use out of the funerary gear. Probably got it back to the rental place before they closed for the day.

I'm liking Jeronimo and Marina together. Wouldn't that be one heck of a TN twist if those two had the big boda at the end?
 

Marta, what a fine recap, so full of funny lines. I am shocked that Dr. Nesme may be alive still. I had lept to the conclusion that Jero had decided to ignore Nesme's deathbed request to talk to him. But the evidence our Dr. Carlos presents is compelling. Won't that give Jero a new position in the struggle for Renata's love. I don't think she will ever be turned on by Augie however so Jero doesn't really need to worry about that. Instead maybe she better worry since Marina is so eager to console Jero in his time of need and saddness.

Roberta is certainly having the most fun at Cruz de Amor. I like her new fearlessness too. She has such strong threats against Augie that he won't gain much by revealing that Jero was not her babydaddy. I so want Roberta nad Augie to get caught in the act so to speak.
 

The new Roberta is fun now that she has Augie to spar with. It's a shame she can't have his spawn.
 

I'm liking Jeronimo and Marina together. Wouldn't that be one heck of a TN twist if those two had the big boda at the end?

Mike, perish the thought!!!
 

I'm liking the new and far-from-improved Berta too. Maybe I just like the way she refuses to back down to Augie. I love it when he gets annoyed because he's so used to throwing his weight around.

Kelly, good gosh darn thing that Berta can't have the Augie spawn. Yikes!!
 

Marta: Wonderful recap...all of the wonderful facts were right there and so enjoyable!!

Dr. Carlos: Interesting idea, my friend re Dr. Deadsperm...very interesting.

Juan Miguel: Consolation Prize! I love it...absolutely LOVE it! ITA w/you re the dear people at La Bonita continuing to come down hard on Nata and excusing every little bit of Jero's bad behaviour.

I don't know if I like the idea of Kari playing a martyr for the entire TN. That would be a bit much to take, no?

Good news for moi tonight...get to watch the telly in the home of a colleague again! So, get to watch it with the rest of Our Gang. :))

Susanita
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder