Monday, November 28, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #37 Mon 11/28/11 It's so nice to have a plumber around the house.

Pancho, stuck in jail, calls Rebe; she drives all the jailbirds home in La Burra. Vince says this is making him an energumeno (raving lunatic). The boys remind each other the car race rematch is still pending. While they're all milling around, Candy shows up. She'd told her best bud Pina she'd find her a plumber - and here is one, right in front of her! She asks Tomas to do the fix the plumbing.

Enzo pushes Freddy on Monica again. She wants to know why her dad is obsessed with her marrying Freddy. He says Pepe is so vulgar, a mechanic. He again says "Promise never to go with him." This time she caves and agrees!

After scolding Pepe for lying to him ("If we don't respect our word, we have nothing"), Pancho forgives him.

Even Arnoldo can see Ana is soft for Freddy! He lures her to the photo shoot with fantasies of her being a movie star, but she demurs. Saying "I'm your boss, the session begins now," Arnoldo hands her a skin-tight dress. She puts it on with her army boots. He tells her to imagine Freddy and gets lots of good pictures. Barbara asks what he's doing. "Maybe I'm changing the image of Avon." "You thinking of replacing me? You're just doing this to get in good with the boss."

Chela is so mad at Pancho (for calling Rebe instead of herself), she doesn't even make him a lunch.

The plumber Tomas arrives and Adoracion flirts with him. Pina: "Ay, que muchachito!" Tomas takes off his shirt to work, Pina and the maid go crosseyed with delight. They're ecstatic when he says: "All the pipes are rusty and old - I'll have to replace them, it will take a month." ("Or more!" Pina hopes.)

Vince yells at Pancho for everything. Pancho trys to stay calm as Vince pokes him repeatedly and taunts: "you don't have the courage to fire me." Finally Pancho buckles and does (fire him). Vince defies him: "The only way I'll leave here is in a shroud." They take their squabble to Rebe - she thinks they're acting like babies. Pancho doesn't understand why, since half Mexico knows Vicento is robbing the business, he is so intouchable.

Freddy and Elena snuggle at the chat room; Pepe shows up and warns Elena: Freddy doesn't love you and will never take you seriously, and he's boasting of having you in his deluxe love nest.

Lupe is getting better bathrooms for ye olde casa popular. Alex comes and asks, "Don't you like me even a little?" "You're great but I'm sad about Tomas." She's decided not to move the kids out to his grannie's house.

Pancho complains: "I'm a toothless president." Rebeca says "You can't fire Vince," then Vince comes to gloat ("I'm not fired"). Pancho hurls folders at him: "Here, take back your credit cards, we'll pay for your wife, your dog... " and goes home, depressed.

Pina decides to let Candy co-host her show on TV, though she cautions: "I will always be the star." She continues: "There's just one condition: tell me the truth, is my Veens doing it with Chela??" "Of course not!" "But he was spying on your bedroom, looking at you and Chela. If it's not her, then... " "I am not your husband's lover, I've never bedded him, I swear."

Pina decides to throw a party celebrating the re-launch of her show. It will be at Fer's house, Pina will invite the whole world. Vince comes home triumphant. He sticks his love letter Candy's ("you are a hurricane, a sweet caramel...") into her purse.

One final surprise: Dona Fer shows up at Pancho's for dinner!

Labels:


Comments:
Great CHF. tks

It was Abeja's bathroom that flooded. That cracked me up.

Rebeca drove Pancho in her car & Pepe drove everyone else in La Burra.

I think I understand things better online than on TV.

Variopinta.
 

Thanks Melinama! I was glad that Pepe told Elena that Freddy has been bragging about taking her to his love nest. I don't imagine the information will actually sway her, but at least Pepe tried.

I can see Pina and Adoracion now, going around the house very unsubtly busting pipes and ruining plumbing to get Tomas to stick around.

Variopinta, it was the dog's bathroom? That's pretty funny.
 

Yes, indeedy, it is muy, pero muy nice to have this plumber around the house. Pina is going to ignite and go up in flames, I fear. Never has anyone been so thrilled to need to have all their plumbing replaced.

And the recap is muy, pero muy nice also. Thanks.

I enjoyed that excellent caring chat Pepe had with Elena. He nailed that perfectly. If the mecánico thing doesn't work out, and Mónica doesn't want him setting up shop in a kissing booth, he could always hire himself out as the big brother everyone would like to have.
 

And now for the wordies.

pistito - nap

tambo - jail

corralón - car impound lot

no me pongas ojos de huevo - don't act innocent with me. Egg eyes, wide eyes...the English equivalent would be something like Bambi eyes.

tejemaneje - skulduggery; underhanded dealings

autóctono/a - indigenous

compungimiento - remorse

barahúnda - pandemonium

desatinar - to talk nonsense, act foolish

malvarisco - marshmallow

And a few of the jokes:

Chela called Rebe "mas tuerco que la Torre de 'Pizza'" - more crooked than the Tower of Pizza? I'm not sure if the "pizza" was what she said instead of Pisa, or just the captioner's fine work.

Tomás asked where's the fuga (leak), and Adoración said "at the Northern Prison" because fuga also means jailbreak. Pina thought that was a lame joke.

Pancho said "caras vemos, y mañas no sabemos" - we see faces, but don't know the wiles/what a person is capable of...a twist on the usual adage "caras vemos, corazones no sabemos" - we see the face, but don't know the heart.
 

Hey Julia, any chance you'd like to take a day of recapping for this show? You're doing way better than I do! I didn't even have time to proofread my recap last night! Are you interested?
 

Thank you Melinama for the recap, and thank you Julia for the vocab and jokes. Shows like this tempt me to figure out how to make my captions work because so much is said in rapid and slangy speak.

Those scenes with Pina, Adoracion and Tomas were a riot. I'm looking forward to more of those.
 

Julia, you should recap!! Think about it.
 

I don't know that I have time to cover both the plot and the colorful language. I want to stick with looking for vocabulary every night, but maybe I could do a summary recap on either Thursday or Friday?

I am just loving Daniela Castro in this role. It takes some real comic skill to draw attention away from the shirtless dripping wet überfit guapo in the scene.

So Lupita is not going to use Alex's granny's house? How long can it possibly take to get over lamebrain Tomás? Give Alex a chance and you'll soon realize your ex wasn't worth pining over, sweetcakes.
 

Thank you CHF for the great recap.
I laughed like crazy when Pina and Adoracion were crossed eyed over Tomas. And what was Pina trying to do on the bed with her legs lol.

Madelaine
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap. So glad my own plumbers don't remove their shirts when they work cause they look nothing like Tomas. Poor Alex. I understand Lupita being too sad over Tomas to give Alex a go right now, but turning down a house that would benefit the kids is just dumb.

Julia, thanks for the vocab, especially "No me pongas ojos de huevo." That one was driving me crazy.

Pina and Chela are a fun duo. Looking forward to their "show."
 

Yeah, plumbers butt on Tomás wouldn't be bad at all, just get a new hair do.

Variopinta
 

Oops, meant the "Pina and Candy" show.
 

So, Thomas is going to take care of Pina's rusty old pipes. That doesn't sound Freudian at all.

Pina's planning to have the party at Fernanda's (Pancho's) house??? Oh dear.

While listening to Chela scold Pancho again last night I wondered what would happen if he did marry her. Would she stop complaining then? I doubt it.

Egg eyes... LOL. I think we usually call them puppydog eyes.
 

Julia, regarding recapping, there is no other night that I can do except Friday now that I'm working. (I did Thursday once but that was a lucky exception.)

I'm technically "responsible" for Thursdays too but was only planning to put up headers, so have at it if you like!

But I would be sad if that meant you wouldn't have time for the vocab. You have been digging up some really great stuff!
 

Wow, great vocab Julia! This show really needs it! I guessed ojos de huevos meant wide-eyed, like fried eggs, but I wasn't sure.

For me the whole show is the Pina and Candi show. And I like Rebecca too. She has a lovely voice and her Spanish diction is so pretty. I pretty much ignore everyone else - well, except for maybe Pepe LOL!

Audrey
 

Hi All,
I've been gone from here for awhile. After Teresa ended, I've had a hard time finding a replacement.

La FuerzaDelDestino pretty much sucks. Thank heavens it's only 101 caps and almost over.

NiContigoNiSinTi drove me nuts with so many characters and storylines. And not one of them any good. Plus who wants to watch a lead who's blind. Pretty depressing.

EsperanzaDeCorazon has been just okay. At least I'm not hating it.

UnaFamiliaConSuerte has turned the corner and is now the most fun to watch. I just love all the characters. I know I'm missing so much of the comedy because of the slang. I just know the show is hysterically funny if I could just understand everything. But I pretty much can follow the plot. And this TN has chemistry between the characters ( Unlike LaFuerza or NiContigo).

Thanks Julie for the vocab lessons. They help a lot.

Diann
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder