Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #44 Wed 12/7/11 Handbags, Brazil, MIKE, and Tea

1. The battle of the bolsas.

Vince is cracking under the strain of juggling (a) his jealous and suspicious wife, (b) his long-time lover (and secretary) Sandra (she's also jealous and suspicious) and (c) Candy. He's in trouble with all three of them.

Candy's jealous of Sandra who now has "her" pocketbook. Sandra is furious that the pocketbook was actually meant for Candy; she pulls at her blouse and demands of Vicente: "What does she have that I don't have?? I have to tolerate your wife but not a second lover. Shape up or I'll tell everybody everything!" Vince thinks he has a solution...

Pina is reviling Vince to her friend when the doorbell rings: it's the exact same model of pocketbook is delivered to Pina, with a nice note! And at the same time, another identical pocketbook is delivered to Candy. So of course all three women meet at Avon, all toting the same pocketbook. They all start maligning their favorite cinico, but Pina says "Only I, his legitimate spouse, may insult Vicente." She confronts him, he sez "I just wanted to make you all happy." "You could have at least gotten different colors."

Pina says she'll return the bag! Sandra says she will, too, but "I'll miss you so much!" she moans to it. (She'd told a friend she planned to be buried with this magnificent bag.) Candy plans to hold on to hers.

2. Monica, Freddy, Lupita and Pepe

Moni is driving very slowly when a strangely dressed guy runs into her car and falls down. Ay, no, she's killed a mime! Thankfully he isn't completely dead - he rises and offers her something invisible. She thinks he's crazy. Then he speaks! It's Pepe! He tells her to have a great day and gives her a toilet-paper flower. Chocolate hearts circle her head. Score!

Lupe continues scolding Elena about going to Brazil, but Elena is deaf to her entreaties, saying "You're jealous. I don't need you or anybody." Meanwhile, Tomas tells Pancho about Freddy and Elena, the hotel love nest, the trip to Brazil. Pancho thinks Tomas should talk to Vicente.

Lupita tells Moni about Brazil - "Please talk to Freddy and tell him not to take her." Moni says she'll try and Lupe kindly thanks her: "Now I know why my brother is in love with you."

Moni confronts Freddy in the cafeteria: "How is it possible you want to get back together with me, but you're taking Elena to Brazil?" Busted! He gives Moni a sick smile and has the whole commercial break to make up some lie. What will it be? He stalls: "How did you find out?" "Never mind. You're taking advantage of a humble girl." Of course, Pepe comes in, sees them together, and is disgusted.

3. More nepotism at Avon Mexico

Lamberto the accountant says there's a problem with one of Avon's plants. It will mess up the visit of the Japanese delegation. A mechanical engineer is needed. Pancho has the answer: "My son Pepe! He's good with machinery!"

4. Opposites attract

So how about this "MIKE" who calls just as lips are about to touch? Pancho leaves Rebe's apartment: "I'll let you get on with talking to your gringo boyfriend." Yes, as one of us surmised, it was actually Barbara on the line. Rebe admits she made up this lame lie because things were getting too "ardent" - "I was about to lose control."

Having stomped out of Rebe's place, Pancho comes home to Chela newly wakened from her nightmare in which Pancho shouted in front of his sobbing family: "I love Rebe and we're getting married and we're going to live in Miami and you'll never see me again." Pancho consoles her: "It will never happen - all of you, you're my reason to live."

Next day, Pancho is telling the accountant to cut expenses but not take anybody's work away when Rebeca enters. Abashed, she tells Pancho to forget about the boyfriend, he doesn't exist. "We can't get involved now when the company is in trouble." "OK, then, we'll throw everything else in the garbage." He commences being cool and distant, she doesn't like that either: "Are you going to be so serious and professional? Have you lost your sense of humor?"

Barbara and Chacho and Nico all have the same take on the sparks flying between Pancho and Rebe. "Presidencies come and go but love..."

Rebe envisions taking Pancho to (some light opera) and he has a soccer game on his phone and wears shorts and striped socks and yells GOLLLLL during the performance; she snobbishly concludes the relationship is an impossibility. Simultaneously, Pancho envisions Rebe snobbishly not wanting to touch his friend's hand or eat comida tipica.

There's a tea ceremony rehearsal at Rebe's that night. Their hands touch as she passes him the cup. They agree they can't stop thinking of each other and that opposites attract. This time they actually kiss and I'm sorry to report Pancho is not a good kisser - he should take lessons from his son Pepe.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you CHF for the wonderful and quick recap. I loved the mime scene. Pepe actually made a wonderful mime. And finally Rebe and Pancho kiss. I thought it wouldn't happen for some time. I am glad Mike is a fake. I am sick of Chela crying. She really ought to give Chaco a try. He is sooo in love with her.
 

Thanks so much! I had the hugest grin on my face reading this fun recap; good thing I'm at home. No one would believe I was working if I looked that happy at the office.

Gee, after all that buildup and waiting...what a blah smooch. Show 'im how it's done, Pepe.

I loved the mime bit, too. What a charmer. Guess Daddy didn't take the T-Bird away for long.

The family needs to get together and stage an intervention for Chela. She's such an insufferable sadsack.
 

Palabras de hoy:

rubro - area, department, category

hincar el diente - to bite

encandilada - dazzled

a regañadientes - reluctantly

nociva - harmful

dizque - apparently

cúspide - summit, apex, pinnacle

buche - mouth

faramallera - fussy, nitpicky

fritanga - fried food
 

Melinama, thanks for a neat recap. Loved Chela’s nightmare of Pancho dumping his family and walking out the front door with his hair swinging and him struggling to roll a suitcase in each hand. Pancho has good comic moves.

I think Pina would be amusing even reading a phonebook but she gets great lines. Telling the other two bag holders that only she as the wife was worthy to insult Vince made me howl. When Pina (I think) said don’t look at me with “ojos de huevo” to Candy (I think) I got it, thanks’ to Julia’s vocabs. Julia, gracias for your palabras.
 

Thanks Melinama. Indeed, Pancho could learn a lot from Pepe about kissing, but I do think they directed him to kiss Rebe extremely slowly in order to capture the glowing moment. Hopefully once they can start doing some real kisses, he'll improve.

Vince's three women and their bags was a hoot. As was Chela's dream...well, dream Pancho and his hair.
 

I liked that Lupita went right to Monica for advice and help in dealing with slimy Freddy. I think they'll become good friends. And I think Freddy was really surprised that word of his plans got back to Monica so fast. Then he smoothly slimes right into "it could be OUR trip to Brazil! Like a honeymoon!" As if, jerk.

I don't think Monica has any intention of letting Freddy win her over. She's just pretending to let him try to placate her daddy. Any day soon she'll crack and go running to Pepe.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder