Thursday, February 16, 2012

La Que No Podía Amar #37 Wednesday 2/15/12 P Ibby take note: THIS is a serenata

Alternate titles:
  • All that matters is the last 15 minutes
  • God help me I'd sell my child to Rohell, too
  • I left my snark in Fresno-cisco
El Refrito
  • Unibrow is an idiot
  • Ana hopes maybe she can have feelings for Rohell. All Rohell wants is her love. No pressure, no rush. Yeah. Right.
Lo Nuevo
Cin comes to dine with Mersnotty and Guscake. Mersnotty loves Cin. Cin loves Mersnotty. It's hard to find a good man. Meanwhile Esteban is on the phone with Gus and wants to see him. Esteban has good news. Mersnotty says Cin is good luck and as long as he has her nothing can happen. Cin likes this idea.

Bruno meets with El Gusano and whines to him that Ana better not fall in love. Ana is his. He has to get back what is his. And Gusano is supposed to help how?

Mersnotty says she knows this doctor guy that might be able to help. (Gus is all "Ernesto?" Mersnotty is all "Yeah, it's one thing not to deal with him, but he is a great doctor". She practically stuck her tongue out and said "so nyah!") Cin insists Rohell is an ass and it won't help. Cin proceeds to tell of her travails and how she must get married to receive her inheritance 'cause her dad was a chauvinist ass and said she couldn't handle her half without a "good man." Mersnotty thinks this is great. She knows this brother guy that might be able to help. Cin canoodles with Gus.

Dani yells at Cupcake 'cause she didn't tell her anything about Maripaz. She's mad at herself for falling for an idiot. FF>>

Bruno gets Miguel drunk and fishes for info. Miguel leaves. Bruno wants to get Gus' wallet back and use it for nefarious shenanigans.

Dani continues to spaz. Shut.up. Rohell interrupts and agrees with Ana that Miguel is a little immature, but she can't be his mom and can't run his life. Ana calls Rohell on that since he's basically doing the same to Cin.

Rohell says she's right. Ana pleads Cin's case. Cin doesn't love David.  Ana asks why Rohell doesn't just hand over the inheritance. (Cin should have listened to us...we've been saying for a while that her best bet was to make nice with Ana.) Rohell wants to honor his father's wishes. Ana asks if he would hand over Cin's half it Dad's wishes weren't part of the picture. Rohell isn't sure. He's not convinced Cin can handle it. Rohell gives Ana a copy of the contract.

Mersnotty leaves Cintavo alone. They like each other. Smoochies.

Rohell tells Ana the contract is for Tia. She had asked for it. Rohell asks for a good night kiss "pwetty pwease with puppy dog eyes?" *swoon*

Fed wants to know where Rosaura is, but for the love of avocados, don't tell Vainy or Vaca.

Drunk Miguel and Dani. Hugo to the rescue FF>>

CONCHA NACAR PLUG #1

Ernesto informs Mersnotty he is divorcing his wife (Whatshername) and Mersnotty had nothing to do with it. Mersnotty says when he's free he should give her a call, but not 'til then.

Vainy is worried about mom's "surprise." Esteban wants them to have dinner together AT HOME (hubba hubba.) Canoodles. Ernesto catches them and thanks to the "novio" business a few weeks back, he thinks Esteban is cheating on Mersnotty. Vainy is confused. Vainy gets huffy.

Ana chooses not to read the contract. Dani is still spazzing and reports on DrunkMigui. Conversation moves to Rohell. Dani fusses that Ana is not sharing a bed with Rohell. Dani is clearly on Team Rohell. Ana shows her the contract...which she decides to put away and not read. She is going to put it away with the necklace. Ana has no reason to mistrust Rohell.

Vainy uses the Ernesto/Mercedes/Esteban misunderstanding as an excuse to break up....sort of.

At breakfast on the terrace Ana tells Rohell she has made a decision. She is going to hypnotize Rohell. To move on she needs to bury the past....literally. Rohell thanks her. Corre Corre and smoochies. Necklace falls.

Vainy and Vaca snipe at each other. Vaca isn't going to talk to Vainy about Fede anymore.

Tia is going to go visit the empacadora to look for Fede. Bruno comes to call and tells Tia they are in a sh!tstorm of trouble. It seems the cops have picked up the guy that tried to kill Guscake. Tia says that's not her problem. Bruno arranged it! Bruno says if he goes down, she goes with him. Bruno asks for Guscake's stuffs (the CC actually said "stuffs." ) Please note this is a lie; a ruse.

Guscake and Boring del Cielo. David will lose millions. Investors (one Rohell Montero especially) will lose money and be peesed. Papers get torn. David is shady and a spaz. Ass.  FF>>

Necklace funeral. Solamente Tú, tears and a eulogy chock full of novela love talk I'm too lazy to translate. Whatever. Yeah. I'm a cold b!tch. (An Elvira screencap would reveal a slightly cross-eyeed shot.)

Gus calls Fermin. The hotel complex has been cancelled. I'm not sure why the fisherman are so thrilled. Won't the project and consequent business bring an influx of capital to the area? I hope that by the end of this all parties can come to an agreement for the good of all. 

Marcela comes to visit papá Ernesto. Your mother and I aren't getting along, but that doesn't mean we've stopped loving you. Blah. Blah.

Tia is at empacadora looking for Fede. Leti the secretaria is thrilled! They've been looking for her!

Vainy and Cin. Cin is going to break if off with David since she lerves Gus. Vainy admits she still lerves Rohell and eventually she's going to have to let Esteban know it's never gonna happen. Outside the office Tia is falling all over herself to provide contact info. The secretary asks her to be discreet. Cin and Vainy come out of the office and Cin recognizes Tia.

CONCHA NACAR PLUG #2

Cin tells Vainy that this is Paula's tía. Tia acts as if she's there to fight for Dani's job. Vainy does the shrieky thing she does and Tía fires back with "well my niece is HAPPILY married." and flounces out. Vainy tells Leti that if Tia ever comes back she needs to toss her out on her keester.

Ana yells at DrunkMigui. FF>>

Ok. Settle in for this. It's the best part. Maria interrupts the fussing and sends Ana out to the terrace. 
Now, maybe I was still shuddering in disbelief at the bizarre Rafa in a charro suit and bespectacled mariachis in El Talisman, but I was completely SWOONING over Rohell's surprise. So.damn.cursi. And I fell for every flipping second. Blinding dimples and sexiest hand kiss ever. And the beautiful "Solamente Una Vez"

Solamente una vez
Amé en la vida
Solamente una vez
Y nada mas


Una vez nada mas en mi huerto
brillo la esperanza
La esperanza que alumbra el camino
de mi soledad


Una vez nada mas
se entrega el alma
Con la dulce y total renunciación


**Coro**
Y cuando ese milagro realiza
el prodigio de amarse
hay campanas de fiesta que cantan
en el corazón

Maldita commercial!!!

We return to see Cin propose to Guscake. He is not keen on marrying "por interés" and reminds her how she feels about her cuñada. Cin claims she and Gus are different 'cause they have feelings for each other. Cin pressures him and he tells her "slow your roll, baby."

Champagne and a loose translation:
Pop! Wow!
Cupcake: it's so beautiful. Thank you. I wish you had warned me, I could have gotten gussied up.
Rohell: You deserve it and more. And you don't need to gussy up; you're precious even if you are in a sack. You're the most beautiful thing in my life.
*Brindis, chug a lug, dimples and sly presentation of a small box.*
Cupcake: What's that?
Rohell: It's a ring I want you to have.
Cupcake: Oh that's not necessary. I have this one.
Rohell: That's a contract ring, but this one...I chose with all my heart and you know what that means.
Cupcake: That you chose it with all your love for me.
Rohell: Sí. *places ring on Ana's finger*
Cupcake: Then I'll return this one
Rohell: No. Keep it. It's yours. And if someday you give it back to me, that will be when the contract ends...though I hope that doesn't happen.
Cupcake: Ok. I'll keep this one 'cause from this day forward this one is the ring that matters.

And then SHE leans in and initiates the kiss and I practically fall into a swooning faint.

Corre corre corre corazón and credits.

Avances:

  • Ana is falling
  • Snuggles
  • Conniving Bastards
  • Ana is crying!

PS: I respectfully request that Elvira put together a special screencap edition of this episode. Pretty please with Jorge Salinas puppy dog eyes?

Ed note: Wish granted. See the screencapped glory here.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much Sara for this great and fast recap. Ah, I knew the Cupcake would start falling for Rohell. Loved the band and the song. The way she looked into his eyes and initiated that kiss.

Miguel needs rehab, yesterday already. He is on my last nerve. Thank goodness Hugo was there to rescue Dany. And Miguel spilling things to Bruno. If he had been sober he wouldn't be spilling anything and asking Bruno why he wants the info so bad.

Loved your name for Gus, Guscake lol. That name fits him so well.
I am glad he told David what is what, and made him shut down the construction.

Bruno threating the Tia was great, but really it is him and his henchman.

Loved the Tia going to the office to get info on Fed. I don't like the Tia but I like how she rubbed the Cupcake's happiness in being married to Rohell in Vainy's face.

The ceremonial burying of the shell necklace was a little strange, but it provided closure of a sort for the Cupcake. I wonder if she will try to dig it up when she finds out Gus is alive?

Loved Maria grabbing Miguel by the neck out of the Cupcake's room lol.
 

I'm still watching but I just have to say how great is Hugo? Rescues people from drowning, willing to play with the most annoying kid, and now saves the hacienda from an idiot drunk. He's like a superhero. You can keep His Dimpled One. I'll be dreaming of Hugo.

Kelly
 

I can't take credit for Guscake and damn if I can remember who coined it.

Something important I forgot: Federico mentioned to Leti that an important file needed to be brought to him. What could it be! His will? And will La Vaca intercept it?
 

I just read the recap! Fabuloso with lots of snark! Loved it! You are so right on about the last 15 minutes too. It would be my pleasure to do a special screencap edition of the last part. I'll start on it right away! LOL.

More comments to follow, as soon as I finish with the screencap supplemental edition! LOL
 

Sara:

Thanks so much for the recap. The last 15 minutes of tonight's show was pretty much perfect sweet romance. Anvil alert for the Cupcake and the Rottweiler! Trouble brewing!

And I am with you Kelly, I want Hugo. I mean I want a 'Hugo-Hero' t-shirt. No, really I want Hugo!

Thanks again, Sara, for getting this up lightening fast. Like you I am intrigued by the Secret Doc. Wouldn't it be nice if Fed created a relationship with AP? Then she would have one good friend, one good relative and one good Rottweiler /husband.

ElnaJune
 

Sara, thanks for the early recap, very cute, very funny. I haven't even watched the episode yet. And why? I can't stay up until 11 every night and still be able to get up at 5am.
I totally gave up on El Tal, though.
 

I just read Alexandra's comments from yesterday IRT episodes. So we're looking at about 170ish? And the producer said the ending hadn't been written yet despite teh expected March 18 fin date?

If I find out about a viewer survey or cast members tweeting about who to vote for I'm going to be furious.
 

I know NOTHING—NOTHING about the ending, but that the producer hasn't written the ending yet doesn't signify much to me. He may not have written it but he may know the outline, like who ends up with whom, if you know what I mean.

This same producer had three endings for Teresa, but with that one, we wondered for quite a while how things would go. Teresa had a dark side and the plot was very ambiguous for a while. Well, Rohell has a dark side too, but it's not at ALL the same as with Teresa. I don't think there needs to be any dilly-dallying or tormenting the audience with indecision about Rohell's fate. But this is just my opinion, but I daresay that MOST of the viewers of this show are of the same opinion. I don't think they'd jerk around Jorge Salinas—or the audience—like that. But what do I know? LOL.
 

"He may not have written it but he may know the outline, like who ends up with whom, if you know what I mean."
---
That's true. I was just having TdA flashbacks. I'm pretty sure that was another one they improved (like El Tal.)
 

I think with TdA (not that I followed it that closely), but the disappointing ending for Osvaldo's love life was not as much of a shock (for me) because even though he was a main character, he wasn't the focal character. (Like Teresa was and like Rohell is.) Plus I just don't think the fan support (fanaticism) was there in support of him, like it is for Rohell. To jerk the rug from underneath all of us Rogelianas (however you spell it) would cause OUTRAGE. Seriously. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but wow, way to make yourself REALLLLLY unpopular. And way to be a crappy writer. Let's face it, we already see how the writing is going, and I hope it's not a spoiler to say that the fangirls don't become less fangirly and supportive of Rohell as the episodes progress (though there are ups and downs, definitely). So to wait so late in the game and try to pull some switcheroo—it would feel like a cheat, a gimmick. TOTALLY.

And I think it would piss of Jorge Salinas, you know, the guy that rose from his freakin' DEATH BED to finish this darn thing!!! The guy who almost single-handedly steals the show in almost every freakin' episode!

But it's not like I have any passionate opinions about this show or anything . . . LOL!
 

"piss off" Jorge Salinas. I wish we could edit our posts sometimes! LOL.
 

Good work, Sara.

David is going to go ballistic when he realizes that the same guy who got the construction shut down is now also stealing his wealthy fiancee.

Ernesto's daughter deserves a good spanking. That's an apple that fell right at the foot of the tree.

If MentiRosa is in possession of Gustavo's wallet and the shell necklace she's an accomplice after and possibly before the fact.

Miguel, you are a waste of space.

I fear there is a kidnapping plot to come between the wormed one and Skelator and their obsessions with Dani and Ana Paula. Enough to make one's skin crawl.

I'm also wondering whether Ana Paula will dig up the shell when she knows that Gustavo is alive.

I will also say that if there is any thought of allowing the audience to vote on the outcome I will be mad enough to chew neutronium. That is a poor way to get ratings and a good way to encourage bad or lazy writing. Not to mention a gross insult to the man who steals every scene he's in and did this during a life-threatening illness.
 

UA, my hunch is that if they took a vote, that the outcome would be the one we all pretty much expect already: Rohell and AP happily ever after. But I agree completely—to take some sort of poll, or basically wet your finger, stick it in the air and see which way the wind is blowing—is a HORRIBLE way to write a novela!
 

Rogeleros = Rogel fans. So, what is wrong with JS?
 

Thanks Sara - love your snark! And thanks Elvira for the extra screen caps.

I'm afraid I'm just not into candles and serenades on the terrace - I tend to roll eyes or fast forward. I can see that I'm in the minority :)

But I really loved the rest of the episode. This show really has a terrific plot and I love seeing all the disparate plot lines coming together. I know we have lots of entertaining episodes coming soon and I'm very excited to see them.

(But I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle Rogelio crying while holding AP in bed as was shown in the previews)

That was great seeing Guscake slapping David with the order to cease construction - woo hoo! Like he pointed out - trying to wring out a little extra profit by not complying with the water quality requirements just ended up costing way more. And threatening to let David's investing partner know what David was trying to pull - oooo good one!

I just KNEW Tia was going to claim she was there to protest about Dani. Clever save! When Cinthia snaps her fingers to tell someone to "largate" I just want to reach into the TV and slap her! It's just so rude!

Ah Bruno, Bruno - love that your crime is coming back to haunt you.

Audrey
 

Thanks Sara. I'll check out the screen shots after I finish here.

So Bruno is going to plant those Gus items for AP to discover and not be able to forget him. Bruno is worried she will fall for Rog and the way to stop it is for her to be constantly reminded of Gus. I hope AP tells Tia about this. Then she'll know why he really wanted those items. At least Tia wants AP to be with Rog.

It was Barbara who coined the nickname Guscake.
 

Wow Elvira, that video is so good. I love the song and the scenes go great with it. Well done!
 

Oh my gosh, I hope that Bruno doesn't plant Gus' "stuffs" and it somehow looks like Rohell set up the attack that led to his "death".

Cathyx, thanks for the credit. So many characters, so many good names. I hope someone comsumes Gus soon...
 

Sorry I couldn't remember Barbara.
 

Under the heading of All Things Considered, planting that stuff to make it look like Rogelio set Gus up for the attack would work perfectly for Skelator. Except that Rogelio never knew the identity of Ana Paula's novio; he only knew Gustavo as an engineer whose plans made sense and who had an ethical conflict with David.

I'd love to see Tia MentiRosa fall here but it's way too soon in the story.
 

UA, Elvira, Sara, each of you gave us wonderful recaps this week. Thanks for the bonus screen caps, Elvira. Rohell may be an old grouch, but he knows how to set up a beautiful scene on a terrace.

This TN is adding so many twists and turns to the relationships between characters. Anything could happen to anyone at any time, including a possible kidnapping. Not good.

Miguel--so stupid, so gullible, so clueless. Too bad Rohell only runs cattle. If he had a band of sheep, Miguel could herd sheep in the mountains for the remainder of this TN.

Tia being arrested as an accessory in the attempt on Guscake would be fine with me. She could work her wiles on the prison guards.

La Paloma
 

When Jorge Salinas says his lines, it sounds to me like he is having trouble breathing. It even is affecting his voice. I know that these scenes are before his collapse, and if he had a pulmonary embolism, then we can hear how he was suffering before they took him to the hospital.

eta: my word verification has changed and now I get two words and one is always very difficult to make out the letters. Ugh!
 

Loved this recap Sara. When Rog gets romantic, he turns on the charm. Who can resist those eyes and those dimples. Per the previews, the anvil we've been dreading falls and all hell breaks loose.
 

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I apologize to Barbara again about not remembering and crediting you with Guscake. I was pretty tired by the time I was finishing up last night.

I am really not looking forward to the hell that is about to break loose.
 

Great recap Sara! Loved the details and it's always nice to remember the lyrics of Solamente Una Vez, I love that song.

Jarocha
 

It is so beautiful. I was telling one of my classes about last nights episode and they all laughed at me for blushing and getting all "fangirly".
 

The man who wrote the song, Agustín Lara, is one of the most popular songwriters in Mexico's history. He is from Veracruz and his house is now kept as a museum in the city. The house is infront of the beach and you have a nice view from the balcony of his dormitory. The people in charge of the house, called now "La Casita Blanca", put his music as background when you visit and you can sit in the balcony on an old chair while you look at the ocean with his songs adding to the sound of the waves.

Inside the house, Lara had a small personal auditorium for no more than 50 people, where he used to delight his guests with his songs. Today there's still small events there every now and then and every year, in October, there's an Agustín Lara festival in Veracruz and singers are invited there to sing his songs and play his white piano. It's really nice.

Jarocha
 

Sara, what a grand slam recap!! Que padre!

I don't want to ruin your moment, but the Agustin Lara "Solamente Una Vez" was not meant to be played 35 octaves off-key as this crummy band at the rancho was playing it.

As for music that is NOT off-key, I love Jesse & Joy singing "Corre"

Was it just me or did Rohell actually ask Cupcake to sleep with him that night?
 

"I am really not looking forward to the hell that is about to break loose." Sara, neither am I. It's giving me a case of agiita just thinking about it. And what was with that band; they were so off-key. I was glad there were only three of them. If Jorge had sung it would have been an improvement.
 

Jorge can sing, and was in the Mexican stage version of The Full Monty.
 

@UA: ja-ja-ja!
 

Sara, I didn't have a moment to tell you before: Que fantastico! I'm certainly glad we had a Rohell-Cupcake fangirl doing this recap. You did them proud.

"She is going to hypnotize Rohell". Too funny....it did almost look like that. I'll bet Rohell would rather hypnotize her....Look deep into my eyes, you will love me, you will love me...

Thanks for using Guscake. I'm flattered. However, the Cupcake and Rohell are much more clever. Who did those? I actually think Rohell's name is Rohell. It just fits so perfectly.
 

Jardinera is the inventor of Cupcake. It really is perfect, isn't it? And now with Guscake it's even better.

I don't like a Gustavana pairing, but I like Cintavo. I think eventually he will straighten her out.
 

Jarocha- why do I seem to remember that Lara was in the news recently? Did he pass away recently or was there an anniversary? I live under a rock so it may just be that I have only recently discovered him.

New game: how many times can you say recently in one comment
 

Sr. Lara died in 1970. My grandmother loved his music. As I am a pianist (and a lurker), she bought most of his sheet music for me to play.
 

Gosh I wish I remember why he came into my consciousness recently! Ugh. A mind like a steel sieve.

Welcome! Glad you came out of lurkdom.
 

First I love everyone's translations snark and all buy I have a question I got home late and noticed my LQNPA recorded was there an episode last night?
 

Honnah-
There was no program last night. There should be one tonight though.
 

Oh ok thank you I thought my DVD was broken lol
 

Sara, great reliving this episode through your fun recap.

Enjoyed all the comments. I think Gustavo is in over his head with Cynthia. With that gleam in her eye when she looks at him, she's obviously seeing "Guscake" too.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder