Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #133-134 Wed 2/22/12

Turns out Ezra's plane was delayed for hours and hours so I turned on the show to blog it for him, but late -

When I tuned in, Pancho was talking to his dead wife on the beach. Candy showed up in her unattractive bikini; he told her to cover up or guys would be crawling all over her like crabs on the beach. She isn't displeased by the idea.

Pancho is sorry Rebe has gone to see Mike. That meeting is going poorly, Rebe is yelling that she loves Pancho and is going to marry him. Undeterred, Mike keeps grabbing her and says he loves her.

Fer is all boo-hoo over her fake DNA report again. Pancho calls her saying he misses her and that she should be with them at the beach negotiating. Fer thinks it might be a good idea to merge with Belle Face, though it's run by her great rival!

Vince and Pina discuss the division of their worldly goods and real estate (considerable) and custody of the dog. He's pretty irritated she won't give back the many things he signed over to her name (to avoid the tax man?). She wants him out of the house and her life ASAP. He grabs at her ineffectively.

Mike tells Rebe he regrets his terrible mistake - she explains to us that she lied for him, she stole info for him, she got caught and fired, and then he let her take the fall alone. He keeps grabbing her as she stalks away.

Adoracion dusts sadly remembering her embarrassing wedding. Her mother says she shouldn't cry over that worthless jerk. With Pina gone the place is like a cemetery. Ado's mom says she'll stay to keep Ado company.

Chacho tells Chato Ado will never forgive him. He takes a rose to Sandra. She enjoys his attentions, he invites her out for ic ecream, he gives her one of his lollipops, I hope he didn't lick it first.

Enzo gossips to Chela, Violeta shows up and frightens everybody. Violeta says she's on her meds and will do nothing peculiar.

Vince is happy to see Violeta. She says it's a pity he brought Candy along to Acapulco. And his wife is here too! Full house! He complains to Violeta about Pancho: "We've tried everything to ruin him with no luck at all." Now Enzo doesn't want to play, he's gone over to the other team.

Violeta is flattering him when Candy stomps on the scene yelling. She's been looking for him like crazy. She yells like she's the wife and Violeta is the mistress and issues the ultimatum: "It's her or me!" Violeta: "You'll be sorry for messing with me, Candy..."

Pina feels alone and extraordinarily pathetic. Arnold flatters her, cheers her up, then plants a smacker on her mouth, apologizes, and runs away.

Mike tells Hotpants his tete-a-tete with Rebe was a big disaster! Pancho barges in and shakes him, they menacingly show their chins to each other. Hotpants tries to get them to do deep breathing.

Up in the room Rebe is very upset and we have flashbacks of five minutes ago. Arnold knocks on her door, he really wants to talk to Pancho. "I kissed Pina!" Rebe is not in the mood to listen. "This is one of the most difficult moments in my life."

Pancho wants to cancel everything and go home. To Mike: "It's you Belle Faces that wanted this deal, not us. I keep wondering why a business as supposedly secure financially would be trying to get merged. And further, I do not trust your Ines as far as I could throw her, I've seen what she's capable of!" Mike invites him to dinner, just the two of them. Pancho accepts and tells Mike to keep clear of Rebe.

Chato vusuts Adoracion, her mom kicks him in the groin and kicks him out.

Fernanda tells the kids everything. They remind her they've all adopted each other and hug her.

Pina calls Freddy to tell him she kissed a man! He's shocked. She felt butterflies. He's depressed to hear it. Arnold is in the clouds over it.

Kari comes to see Ana, who is not happy to see her. She tells Ana she loves Freddy. Ana: "He's all yours, enjoy him!"

Pancho tells Rebe: everybody knows Mike still has a hold on her. Our former lovebirds are all boo-hoo about it. He says she needs to be alone to put her feelings in order. More boo-hoo. Pancho gets into Mike's sporty little red car as Rebe runs after him. She has a double tequila with Arnold and yells about how she and Mike were engaged to be married and lived together in a beach house for a year but he turned out to be a hypocrite. Pina interrupts, dismisses Rebe, and tells Arnold she liked his kiss.

Enzo goes to Violeta's suite. They drink. They have a semi-seduction. Candy sees Enzo with Chelo and realizes Vince lied to her. Candy calls Violeta's room as the newest illicit couple makes out. Violeta passes the phone to Vince, who tells Candy: "It isn't how it looks..." She says she'll never see him again.

Next one up at Pina's house: Karin; she tells Freddy "You have been given to me by Ana." "You know I love Ana." "But if she doesn't want you, in time you and I ..." "I'm going to try to get her back." "And I'm going to do what I can to conquer you."

Mike to Pancho: "When Inez got sick our stock went down and if she dies it will be worse." Turns out, since Inez has no heirs, her stock will partially be absorbed by Avon and some will be sold publicly but a lot of it is owned by - Vince! If they merge, Pancho will be president, but Mike will supervise the merger, which means they'll have to work together for a few months ("If I haven't killed you by then," says Pancho).

He tells Mike he doesn't like him. Mike says, "you're insecure." Pancho leaves.

Temo says Fer he likes Rebe now.

Vince goes to beg outside Candy's door. He cries, horrified that she is not going to sleep with him! "I'm afraid when I have to sleep alone." Pina comes by and sees him crying and yelling in the hall at the locked door. "So soon to have problems with your new 'love.' " She leaves in an excellent mood.

Elena was not discouraged by being stuffed down the fire esape. She keeps flirting with her dud. Tomas finds one of the Dud's earrings in the couch. Then the Dud's wife finds the other one in her couch. Later Tomas asks Elena how she got this diamond. She says it's a zirconia, not a real diamond.

Pancho is unyielding. Rebe begs him. He tells her Vince has shares in Belle Face and asks why she's so weird around Mike. He asks "will you choose him or me?"

Hah, Enzo has the waiter bring a guitar. Enzo sings to Chela! He isn't terrible but I'd rather have seen him dance. He shakes an engagement ring out of the guitar and proposes. She thanks him but isn't ready. She'll take a few days to think about it; she rejects his ring.

As always, it's a full moon.

Sandra tells Chacho she's been in love with that lout Vince for many years despite his bad qualities. Chacho: "You deserve much better than that jerk."

Rebe wakes up alone.

Time for the meeting, Rebe is half an hour late. She doesn't know where Pancho is. Enzo reads an apology from Pancho: "This meeting is adjourned, if you Belle Faces want another meeting come to Avon."

Candy is horrified that some guy named Napoleon walks by. She seems terrified. Is this the evil guy she knew long ago?

Chato tries to talk to Ado but the mother tells him to leave forever.

Raul, Violeta's chauffeur, comes to Pepe & Moni's apartment to drive Moni to university. Pepe is disgusted.

The dud suggests that he and Elena play hooky from work for a couple of hours. Tomas comes in and sees them kissing. He attacks the Dud.

Candy is escaping from Acapulco early and so is Rebe, who's crying, she tells Chela Pancho went home without her.

And finally, here's a folklorico-type lady getting on a pink bus to Toluco. She's talking to her cardboard box as she struggles to the back of the bus and finds a seat next to - Pancho! She recognizes him!

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, you are supermom tonight. Thanks for the rapid recap for your flying son. It's terse and really funny. Sometimes writing fast gives better product. It seemed like things mostly went awry not so much forward movement.
 

Thank you so much Melinama for pitch hitting and for this great fast recap. Oye Vey, everybody seems to be breaking up. I loved the kiss Arnold Flowerz gave Pina, very sweet. Didn't like all the fighting with Rebe and Pancho, Ana and Karina and Candy and Vins.

I knew Vins had some shares of Ines' but I didn't know he had that much. I know she made some kind of deal with him and Pina when Vins was president of Avon for all of one day. The merger smells to high heaven. I too wonder why Belle Face wants to merge with Avon.

Rebe really socked Mike. He sounds alot like Vins is. I just hope Rebe and Pancho do not break up over this.

Vins is hopeless. I don't know what he is playing at, but maybe he is just a manho. I really thought he loved Candy, but now I wonder if he is using her to get info on Pancho. Speaking of Candy, I think this Napoleon is the guy from her past, she sure was scared.

Loved Enzzo and Chela again. Loved his off key guitar but loved the proposal. It was a little too soon but so romantic. I hope she accepts. I like that Chela listened to Rebe and even looked concerned that Pancho left without Rebe.

I really like Adoracion and her mom Concepcion. They are very funny. Loved how Concepcion hit Chato in the family jewels. lol.
Loved the date with Chacho and Sandra. They are very cute together.

The best scene was Dona Fer with Pancho's kids. She really is a part of their family, I just hope the truth comes out about the DNA.
 

Oh, and I really think now that Vins is behind this merger. I really think he wants to oust Pancho as president since Vins now knows that Pancho is Dona Fer's son. He has always hated Pancho since he started at the company. If Vins does take over there will be lots of money missing I think. We all know how Vins loves to spend money. Isn't Pina indepently wealthy on her own? I know Vins put everything in her name, either to avoid taxes or to cover his butt for his shady deals. Even that apartment he got for himself and Candy is in Enzzo's name right? I don't think Vins put it in Candy's name.
 

Muchas gracias Melinama! Way to jump in at the last minute with a totally pro job. I don't think you missed anything. I loved the "they menacingly show their chins to each other" crack.

O.M.G. A real gato encerrado! Bit heavy-handed there, mystic weirdo lady on the bus.

Pancho is SO childish and insecure. I can't stand him. I like all the villains more than I like him. I think I even like Chato more than I like him, and Chato is super gross and completely insufferable.

If I were Rebe, and came back to the room all upset, and Pancho responded by yelling at ME, I think I would have chucked him over the railing. Really, who needs to put up with that? And then he takes his marbles and stomps off home in a tantrum? Gah. ALSO, were we supposed to find his talking to the sea and laughing like a madman charming? Because I thought it just made him look like an escapee from the manicomio.

Pina and Arnold were so adorable. I'm glad Pina decided she was ready to be rid of Vins and move on and she was sweet to Arnold.

Poor Enzo. He was so earnest...but, not a question one should ask without already knowing the answer.
 

Ooo! Thanks Julia...gato encerrado (*adds to list of vocab*)

Thank you for the quick recap, Melinama. UFCS is a show that I'm half paying attention to, so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the recappers. Like Julia, I enjoyed the menacing chins line.

I am quickly developing an admiration for the Pina Character. I love the way she talks and moves. She made an indignant sound just like Miss Piggy last night that was awesome. (And that's a compliment 'cause I love Miss Piggy.)

I am team Freddiana and I am not pleased with the current Kari situation.
 

I love this TN. Thank you for the fast recap as I missed the first hour. I guess this must be breakup week on this TN? I wonder if they will get back together, this is one TN that I don't want to take a sneek peak to find out what's going to happen. I like how they are showing Rebe being a bit unsure about her feelings for Mike and that Pancho in his childish wisdom can figure this out. I simply love this TN, it's only now that I'm ff through Elena's scenes, yuck.
 

"Hay gato encerrado" is already on the vocab list I've been keeping.

Last night's show was a good review night for vocabulary. They used a lot of words and phrases that are already on the list. Not many interesting words that were new to me. Here are a few I picked out from yesterday's and Tuesday's:

vidorra - the good life, easy street

armar los cocolazos - to fight

de ojo alegre - flirty, with a wandering eye

sorullos - fried corn sticks

halagada - flattered
 

I hope Kari doesn't turn nasty in her quest for Freddy's amor. She's been so sweet and sensible and funny. Where's Tomás? We need him to swing by and distract her.
 

Thank you so much for the recap. I messed up trying to tape last nights show and totally missed it. I hate to admit it but I am getting used to two hours, esp since I don't watch ET o LQNPA anymore.
 

Sometimes I agree with you about Pancho, Julia. But this time no. I thought that he was absolutely right that Rebe needs to sort out her feelings alone. She needs to face the situation and stop refusing to talk about Mike. I didn't think that Pancho yelled at her.

I've always liked Kari but she is way out of line running straight to Freddy & telling him that Ana just gave him to Kari like he was wrapped in a red bow.

Thanks Melinama for this quick recap. I also loved the " they menacingly show their chins to each other." line. It's a classic.

Güera
 

Meli--you qualify for a super-duper Mother's Day present, doing double duty on double recaps. Glad Ezra arrived safely, albeit late.

Snappy and well-done as always. You're the pro we learned from and try to emulate. Thanks.

And Julia, thanks for the vocab. I've always loved "el ojo alegre". Wonderful expression even if the action described is unworthy.
 

Julia- you inspired me to begin my own list and I added hay gato encerrado to my list. As you post your lists I add to mine. Since I only started this weekend my list is kind of short lol. When I get home tonight I'll add your latest entries lol.
 

Melinama, thanks so much for filling in for Ezra. What a mom and team player!

"He isn't terrible but I'd rather have seen him dance." Ditto! Like Julia noted, it was kind of risky to ask Chela to marry him unless he knew the answer. However he seemed truly surprised that she didn't answer "yes" right away. Just another example of people moving at different paces. She's right of course, it's too soon and he still needs to prove that he's no longer on Team Vice.

As much as Tomas annoys me I was glad to see him bust into Dud's office. I hope he tells Pancho because I see nothing but trouble for Elena if she insists on fiddling around with Christian.

Excuse me if you guys have already discussed this, but Vince knows Pancho is Fer's son so that makes him and Pancho cousins. Which means Freddy and Ana are second cousins, right?

Thanks Melinama!
 

Melinama, gracias for the recap. Missed it, but sounds like last night was a lot of fun.

I love Ado and her mom together. Glad mom's staying.

Cap'n - Wow, I didn't think about Ana and Freddy being second cousins. I see those two still winding up together because Freddy really isn't into Kari. Maybe Vince is adopted too.
 

Oh Yeah Cap'n Sylvia I never thought of that lol. They could still be involved though because they aren't first cousins.

Can anyone tell me what that pink drink thingy is they have for breakfast every morning? It almost looks like yogurt, but seems not as thick. Chacho was dipping something in it.
 

I thought it was just yogurt. Maybe kefir, which is kind of runnier yogurt.

The breakfasts these people eat amaze me. They always have, like, yogurt and fruit and bacon and eggs and toast and juice and milk. Where are the characters I can relate to, who eat either a toaster waffle or an orange, and if they're really peckish maybe a spoonful of peanut butter also? Not much could motivate me to cook at the crack of dawn.
 

Julia...my parents always had fresh-squeezed orange juice (you know, cut the oranges, put them in the big clunky squeezer and mash) plus bacon and eggs, cooked in a black iron skillet, with a side of toast, real butter and jam.

Of course they had to get up at 6 am in order to fix all that, eat and get Dad off to work and us off to school, but so it was.
 

Thanks Julia I thought it was but wasn't sure.

Judy B- My Mamma used to cook like that for us too when we were growing up. I have her cast iron skillet now. Love that skillet.
 

It's kind of a foreign concept to me. My mother is NOT a morning person; her habit was to drag herself out of bed at 8:20 to make sure all the kids got out the door, then go back to bed. Sometimes Dad would boil ten-grain cereal for us before he left (super-early). Mostly we were on our own for breakfast. The only time we did the whole French toast and eggs and fruit sort of thing was on Sunday afternoons after church, or on Christmas.
 

Oh Julia- a gal after my heart. I love TN desayunos. They always make me hungry. I wish me breakfasts could always be like that.

PS- I'm also a fan of just eating a spoon of peanut butter.
 

I love reading the recaps and watch for coments that have social meanings.

Caps comment on Freddy and Ana being 2nd cousins, lead me to check on its legality in the US. To my surprise,26 states allow first cousins to marry. My source; Cousin Couples.com

Anonymous 11:21 AM you can catch up on any missed Telanovela at; Univision.com

This show is starting to develop some good drama, more than just a jiggle and wiggle, but some pretty good plots too
 

Madeleine...Emilia over on the Talisman line has a black iron skillet also (which she claims to use to threaten her husband Mike). I still use mine to bake cornbread, and it's great for frying chicken, but with my husband's health problems, we don't do that anymore.

Julia..your mom sounds like my mother-in-law. I don't think she even got up. The boys learned to cut their own oranges and make their breakfasts pretty early on. If they wanted to go to Sunday School they had to walk over on their own. Same for school of course.

As newlyweds, I was always nonplussed when we'd say
Good Morning and she'd mutter "Ugh, what's good about it?" In general, she was NOT a positive person. Hope your mom was cheerier once she got rolling.
 

Oh the weirdo lady on the bus. I almost forgot about her. I wonder who she is? I know the actress was in DA, she was de la Vega, Francisco de la Vega's Mama and she was in MEPS as Aurora's drunken aunt. I'm wondering what she has to do with the story?
 

Judy B- I make all kinds of things in mine. Not just frying. That skillet never sticks. It's an old Lodge they have been making them forever. Every year I bake a pineapple upside down cake in it for my daughter's birthday. It is an old Texas recipe.
 

Yum...my mom used to make pineapple upside down cake in her black iron skillet also. But she was from Forks of Elkhorn, KY. I imagine her recipe was similar to yours though.
 

oh JudyB, you have my mouth watering -pineapple upside down cake in a cast iron pan. Yum1

Güera
 

Thanks, Melinama. I only got to see the first hour of this last night. Yet more new people (Pancho's friend on the bus)? No!!

I think it's a bit odd that Karina "loves" Fred. She's known him for ages, so why now?

Enzo, I will marry you. Chela said I could have you. No, don't call her to confirm; it would just bum her out.

I have a skillet too. It wasn't black when I got it, but it's black now!

I rarely have breakfast, but that's because I'm not even remotely a morning person. If someone made me a big breakfast (mostly protein, not too much sugar, doesn't agree with me as first meal of the day), I would eat it. Happily.
 

I wonder what Kari plans to do to "conquer" Freddy. Feed him one glass too many of warm milk, then when he falls asleep, crawl into bed next to him and claim {I thought of a number of gross dairy-related euphemisms here, which I will spare you}.

How can he possibly argue? I mean, Ana SAID Kari could have him!
 

Isn't the lady on the bus Gloria from LFDD?
 

Mmmmm, you ladies and your talk of pineapple upside down cake is driving me crazy. That was what I always got for my birthday too. I'm always fascinated by what the telenovela characters are eating.

Wow, 26 states allow first cousins to marry? I'm surprised. And hey, I live in one of them. Eww, I just grossed myself out.

Funny how it feels like all our characters are breaking up at the same time. Also funny, Rebe and Chela are sharing a similar experience. Rebe hasn't been able to completely let go of Mike (blech) and I think Chela still hasn't completely let go of her feelings for Pancho. If I were dating Enzo with all his attentiveness, dance moves, romantic singing and hot bod I would be going "Pancho who?" right about now.
 

Yes she was, and somebody else pointed out she was also in MEPS and Destilando Amor. I seem to recall her character meeting a dreadful end in Heridas de Amor when Bertha unleashed the Rottweiler on her.
 

My last comment was directed to Sara.

Also, I finally remembered where I've seen Mike Anderson's assistant. She was Brenda in Soy tu Duena. She was also in Duelo de Pasiones and got to make out with Jorge de Silva if I remember correctly. Lucky girl.
 

I haven't seen MEPS or Destilando Amor. MEPS is showing at midnight right now isn't it?

Rottweiler sounds like a horrid way to go.
 

Ha ha Cap'n! I did a google search on Lidia last night. She was so familiar it took me a bit to remember who Brenda was, tho. lol
 

Actually the Rottweiler just scared her and she tumbled down the obligatory stairs of death. The show was kind of stupid but it had a great villainess, Bertha, played by Diana Bracho. I believe she is the aunt of Julio Bracho who plays Arnold Flowerz.
 

"...obligatory stairs of death"
---
bwhahahah!! I told my students about escaleracide and now they get nervous whenever there is a scene with stairs in Rosalinda (Though I can't remember if anyone dies on stairs in that one.)

Diana Bracho was Gabriela in FELS, right? And a young Ana Joaquina from EPDA?
 

Heridas de Amor was also my introduction to Sergio Sendel. He was abusing a lot more phones in those days.

I think Mike's assistant was also the cult lady in QE, but I might be mixing her up with someone else.
 

Oh right, she was indeed. I didn't see the other one. She's a terrific actress and quite stunning I think. Of course they always make her look super creepy when she's playing the nasty characters that she does so well.

Julia, Mike's assistant might have been the cult lady. I don't remember that character very well though.
 

Lidia is played by Alejandra Procuna. I don't think she was in QE. I remember her from Tormenta en el Paraíso.
 

OK, that's not her, then. But there's someone that sorta looks like her that I sometimes mistake her for.
 

I don't remember the cult lady in QE at all. I think AP looks a lot like Carmen Becerra, who played the evil lead woman in QE.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder