Friday, February 24, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #135-136 Thu 2/23/12 Assets are kissed, kicked, and grabbed.

After seemingly interminable repeats, we pick up with Pancho in the china shop on the bus with the bull the chicken lady. Side note: yesterday I really thought I saw her put a cat in that box along with the chicken. But tonight it was just a chicken. Apparently two-hour episodes make me hallucinate. Anyhoodle, the poultry princess Cleofas Godinez thinks Pancho is a total hot stuff rock star and gets his autograph. She’s read all about him and his hot romance in the mags. She wants the whole story of why he’s upset and on a bus. By the time they and her cock-in-a-box disembark four or five hours later, she’s disillusioned with her idol and tears up his autograph.
Meanwhile back at the office, the staff has gathered to watch Tomás give Cristian and Elena a piece of his feeble mind. He tells Cris that Pancho is like a dad to them and he will surely fire Cris when he hears of this sleazery. Elena disagrees; Pancho has NEVER done anything for them. Yeah, she totally got this job through her own charms.
Candy arrives back home. Vins calls to swear to her Nada happened with Violeta. A lotta naughty nada, IMO. Candy sees a car approaching and freaks out and hangs up on Vins. It turns out to be Chela and Enzo, but Candy was afraid it was Napoleón. Candy explains to Enzo that Nappy is the Mafioso who nearly killed her five years ago.
Pina is warmly received by Freddie and Ado and Ado’s mom. She’s in a great mood and willing to let Ado’s mother stay as long as she needs to, but not quite accommodating enough to tell Freddie what dude she smooched.
Rebe tearfully interrupts Arnold’s blissful daydreams to cry all over him. They both try way hard to convince us all that a woman could not only fall in love with our latest tangerine in need of a wedging, but also have trouble getting over him. Meanwhile Mike gloats to himself that Pancho is jealous.
Pancho goes home and cries and Lupita tries to comfort him. Vins plays truant officer. Pancho yells that he doesn’t feel like going to work. Chela eavesdrops while Pancho tells Lupita that he’s breaking up with Rebe. He hated seeing her all nervous and angry and crying. Lupe tells him he’s seeing moros con tranchetes (nonexistent threats). Chela breaks in and tells him he has to actually talk things out with Rebe.
Mike the Snake takes roses to Rebe and she is very snippy to him.
Mike and Vins have a buddy-buddy confab. Mike thinks the naco verdulero is actually doing a pretty good job as prez. Vins is worried about what will happen to his Bella Face shares after the merger.
Moni visits her mother. Violeta offers to buy her whatever new car she wants, right now. Tempting, but Moni says a maid would actually be more useful. But the only thing she really needs from her mother is some love and advice. Memememama advises that they take a vacation, just the two of them.
Pepe has gotten more mechanic work to supply Moni with fancier more rarefied air to breathe or some such. Tom thinks he’s stretching himself too thin.
Karina teaches Ana some terrible choreography that looks more like a bad aerobics class than a stage performance. Ana is going to look like an idiot if she does that while playing an accordion and singing. Joaquin brings in the band to announce that Agusto loves the stuff they’ve recorded. Ana and Manuel hug while Ana remembers Freddie telling her to do what it takes to achieve her dreams.
Everyone wanders off and Freddie appears on a cherry picker outside the studio window, reading love poems to Ana. He says lots of heartfelt stuff and she climbs on the lift with him. He’s actually afraid of heights, but he should be more afraid of those power lines they nearly run into. They make it safely to the sidewalk and smooch and smooch and smooch until Joaquin summons Ana back inside. Then they smooch some more and Ana gets a little more frisky than Freddie was expecting and says she has ganas for…well, she’ll tell him later.
Candy barges in on Vins and Mike. She’s dressed like an inner tube and Vins clings to her like he’s drowning. Candy tells him about Napoleón: he was a client at the massage parlor but wanted more of a massage from her than was in the offing. So, being a mobster and all, he kidnapped her and threatened to murder her if she didn’t comply. She ran away when he was distracted by a phone call, then later she heard he had fled the country to escape some legal fuss. But she saw him in Acapulco and she’s terrified. Vins promises to protect her.
Chato sneaks up behind a slender beribboned maid and throws a big sack over her head. He hauls his prey off to the garage and takes every opportunity to grope the bootylicious booty while she squawks and struggles. Finally he takes the bag off. Ooopsie. It’s Mamación. She is not happy. Like Cher’s dad said in Clueless: “I’ve got a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anyone would miss you.”
Fernanda tells Pancho about the medallion and her hope that he was her long lost son, who didn’t actually die like she told him before. Unfortunately, the DNA test said no. Pancho says they’re mother and son no matter what the lab says. (She went with the wrong breed. Should have gone with a bloodhound instead of a lab).
Chela tells Lupita about Enzo’s proposal and asks what she thinks. Lupita says “según el sapo es la pedraza” (the price depends on the customer; what’s he worth to YOU?).
Pina and Arnoldo are giddy to see each other again in the office, but Pina says they need to keep this on the down low for now. Arnie contents himself with kissing her hand.
Ana goes to Kari and rescinds her offer of Freddie.
Freddie visits the taller and beams to Pepe that Ana took him back. Pepe congratulates him with a big hug and as much greasy handsiness all over Freddie as he can manage.
Lupita explains Facebook to Pancho: 500 million people use it to share photos and information about themselves! She leaves the room and Pancho types in “Mike Anderson” and instantly gets the only Mike Anderson amongst 500 million users. Mike’s toolishness comes across loud and clear on the screen. Pancho looks at lots of pictures of Mike and Rebe romantically swanning about a tropical resort and getting engaged. (who took these pictures? Never mind; Mike WOULD hire someone to follow him around taking photos all the time.) Chela looks at the picture, too, and tells Pancho he has to talk to Rebe.
Kari tells Moni she HAS to forget Freddie. They head into the apartment but it is obvious security has been breached and they are very nervous. In the bedroom, they see that Moni’s clothes and jewelry have been stolen. Moni cries that she just can’t take any more.
Peppy is telling Freddy that everything will be so much better if he can make enough money to hire a maid. Freddie is skeptical, he thinks Moni is hard to satisfy. Moni calls and tells Pepe about the burglary. Pepe goes home, and Moni tearfully tells him she’s going to live with her mother. He says he understands. Later, when she’s ready to go, she’s still sobbing that she doesn’t want to leave Pepe but she’s afraid to stay there. He hugs and kisses her and says it will all be okay. The chofer picks her up. Pepe cries.
At her home, Rebe takes out old pictures and an engagement ring and looks miserable. She puts on her sexy jammies and some smooth jazz just in time for Mike to arrive with yet more roses and smarm. Rebe snaps at him but lets him in and tries to give the old ring back to him. Of course Pancho arrives just in time to see Rebe in a robe and Mike behind her. He won’t listen to her explanation, just runs off. Rebe chases him out to La Burra and he is insufferable and tells her not to come near him until her feelings are clear. Rebe goes back inside and yells at Mike that she hates him. Okey-dokey, love ya, he says.
Vins tells Candy that he and Pina have agreed to a settlement and soon he will be free! Candy is underwhelmed, what with the Violeta “nada” and all. Vins doesn’t like that she’s turned all jealous and angry. Maybe the thrill is gone now that they don’t have to sneak around.
Pina and Arnold Flowerz go out to dinner and toast to being rid of Vins. Arnold regales her with tales of getting info about Pancho out of the gay HR guy. They flirt a lot and Pina is thrilled to get some affection for once.
Ana and Freddy are getting hot and heavy in the car. Unfortunately for their raging hormones, it is parked right in front of the mansion front door. Pancho crashes the party and sends Ana in and tells Freddy if he puts a hand on Ana, off with his head. Well, it might take more effort without using hands, but I bet they can manage. Inside, Chela immediately picks up on Ana’s vibe and says they need to have A Talk.
Chela cancels on Enzo so she can help Pancho cry. It’s all about Priorities, she says. Yeah, and hers are all screwed up.
Mañana: Love is a battlefield. Or the office is a battlefield. Whatever; if these people can’t distinguish between their loves lives and their work lives, why should we?

Labels:


Comments:
Always great fun to read your recaps, Julia. My favorite lines were:
Tomás give Chris and Elena a piece of his feeble mind." and
"She's dressed like an inner tube and Vins clings to her like he's drowning."

Didn't see this but the image of Candy dressed like an inner tube is intriguing, I must say.

And thanks for "según el sapo es la pedraza". I certainly never could have figured that out.

Excellent job. Gracias.
 

So many funny lines, Julia!:

"They both try way hard to convince us all that a woman could not only fall in love with our latest tangerine in need of a wedging, but also have trouble getting over him."

"Ana is going to look like an idiot if she does that while playing an accordion and singing."

"She leaves the room and Pancho types in “Mike Anderson” and instantly gets the only Mike Anderson amongst 500 million users. Mike’s toolishness comes across loud and clear on the screen"

You are so hilarious!

I have a question: Why would MOni go live with Mom when it was dad she spent most of her life with? I guess it was because mom bought her all this stuff. Was Moni always so shallow?
 

glad i missed it, glad I have your recap. bummer all round!
 

You are so funny Julia. I've only see half of this so far & only read the first part of your recap. I can't wait for lunch time to catch the rest.

I too loved your Candy dressed like an inner tube line.

And what a great name for Violetta --Memememama. She is getting on my last nerve with her horrible advice -- and what's with shoving Moni's face in her boobs. Doesn't she know she missed the nursing phase of their mother/ daughter relationship?

What an ungrateful slut Elena is! Pancho never did anything for her?????

The Freddy /Ana reunion was so cute. I'm glad they got past this first spat. With Kari :& Pina plotting, the records dudes demanding so much of her time etc. I doubt that this willl be the last misunderstanding.

Güera
 

Julia, Thanks for the excellent spunk and snark. I'm among the lucky readers who couldn't see or hear the actual broadcast. And i don't regret it. I'm glad someone made up like Fredster and AnaBanana. I'm worried about Rebe's dreadful taste for orangeman but the Facebook bit is too funny. It is revealing what people project about themselves on Fbk, i get a kick out of Pancho still discovering things about the modern world, Even if he is acting like a duffus right now, he is still my favorite character for his big, big heart.
Does anyone know approximately what episode number we are on here? I could see some of the episodes in Mexico on line.
I'm up early to hike among Zapotec pueblos. Hasta luego.
 

Thank you Julia for this wonderful snark filled recap, love your title. This episode had a little more comedy. Especially the Chato/Concepcion "kidnapping". That was too funny. Concepcion should have beaned him with that shovel lol.

Loved Pina's white outfit. It reminded me of a 20's flapper outfit especially the head band thingy, even though it was a scarf. Pina and Arnold are too funny. Love the little kisses he gives her.

Ah, Rebe and Pancho too sad. Pancho is being a horse's patooty here. He won't even listen to Rebe. Rebe keeps trying to tell him it has been over with Mike for awhile, but he won't listen. He is stuck on stupid.

I've given up on Elena. True Tomas shouldn't have gone to her workplace and try to beat up Christian, but he really is trying to save her from herself. Pancho has done alot for Elena she doesn't appreciate anything.

Loved the cherry picker Freddy got to woo Ana back it was very cute. Didn't like Karina's thought bubble about Freddy and her having beautiful babies. I think you are right Julia that she will drug his milk with something.

I really thought Chela didn't feel those feelings for Pancho anymore. It seems like she is regressing. Snap out of it Chela!!! Run to Enzzo and don't look back!!!!

The burglery at Moni and Pepe's is suspcious to me. I can see the burgler wanting Moni's jewlery, but her clothes? And I too wonder why she didn't move back in with Enzzo? She is going to regret this I think.

I wonder when we will get to see Napoleon? Now we know what happened to Candy. She is really terrified. Loved how Vins showed his muscle lol.

Arnold Flowerz is a girl's best friend. He is a true diamond. He is a great shoulder to cry on. Strong and gives good advice.

Oh and Julia I thought that lady had a cat in that box too, lol. It sure looked like one yesterday.
 

I wouldn't put it past Violeta to have had Moni's stuff stolen. She's definitely crazy and selfish enough. Interesting how it seemed to only be stuff Moni cares about that was taken. The little TV and microwave and everything were still there.

The "según el sapo es la pedraza" phrase is commonly used in reference to shops that charge tourists more than they charge locals.

I loved how sweet Pepe was to Moni. He seems to have gotten over his irritation and is totally understanding and wants her to be happy. I think they'll live together again eventually; it was just too soon and the circumstances were difficult. I wonder if Moni went to her mother's place because at least that didn't seem like going backwards and giving up. She can tell herself she just wants to get to know her mother better.
 

Thanks for recap. And yes, Moni has always been this spoiled. What a whiner!

Rebe for supposively being a savvy business woman sure lacks it in the men department. Same goes for Candy - both choose poorly.

Three days of Fer crying was more than enough for me! Geez.
 

"Cock in a box." LOL. Yes, I get the reference.

Vice promises to protect Candy? He couldn't protect a box of Kleenex.

Whatever happened to Champi?

Remarkable that Rebe's photos are the exact same ones on Mike's FB page. There were no other photos to keep?

I was surprised by the way Pepe reacted to the break-in. Not that he was mean to Moni, but I know how *I* feel when I've had a break-in. It's very upsetting to realize that there's someone who can come into my place whenever he feels like it. I expected to see a little more anger from Pepe. But maybe he's too tired.

When Rebe was looking through her mementos and pulled out the little red velvet ring box, at first I thought it was a clown nose. I mean, not really, but that's what it looked like. Now THAT would be an interesting backstory for her!

So it looks as though I get to recap tonight's birds & bees talk with Ana. Joy.

Sara, Moni started out MUCH MORE shallow than she is now.

Cheryl - I will check on episode numbers tonight, but we're about halfway through.
 

Julia ITA with you about Violetta. I wouldn't put it past her. Didn't all this trouble start when Violetta found out where Moni and Pepe live? Also she could have paid that neighbor to trash Moni's car. Wouldn't put that past her either.

Love Dona Fer and I know she has been crying alot. First she thought Pancho wouldn't forgive her if he found out Dona Fer was his Mother, and then being so disappointed when she got back that fake DNA test. Now I think she is done crying and maybe she will get a second opinion about that DNA test.

Julia-thank you also for that awesome vocab list. It is helping me alot.
 

Julia, so many funny lines! (I know, I know, Sara said the same thing but I thought it might be confusing if I just said "Ditto!")

Wow, interesting peek-a-boo dress that Candy was wearing.

"cock-in-a-box", oh my word, made me laugh out loud as I recalled the old SNL skit with Justin Timberlake and Andy Samburg.

"Memememama", snort! I like it.

Is Kari for real? Thinking Ana can do those stupid high kicks while squeezing out accordion riffs? She should be fired; that would solve a couple of problems.

"She’s dressed like an inner tube and Vins clings to her like he’s drowning." Awesome simile! What an original.

Madelaine (and Julia), I was thinking the same thing about Moni's burglary! I wouldn't be surprised if Memememama arranged it. Although what she'd do with a full-time daughter is beyond me. She's a nut job and just wants to destroy destroy destroy.

Thanks again Julia. Great recap and superb translation of some wacky phrases and words.
 

LOL - Tomas gives Chris and Elena a piece of his feeble mind - hilarous - perfect comment.

Alas, was disappointed to get my TV y Novelas and they deemed this an awful TN, with Chela's screaming and Pancho's overacting.

The thing is I truly love this TN, with all its faults, I just feel this is what a TN should be about, silly, exaggarated, instead of doom and gloom and excessive crying (although Pancho made up for it last night). Oh well I guess my taste is awful, but I own it.
 

Nellie...I'd worry about your taste if you loved el Talismán and thought it was beautifully written and superbly acted....but not if you enjoy this one.
 

Judy, would you worry about me if I said I love El Talismán? It is NOT because I think it's beautifully written and superbly acted (though I admit I think Aaron Diaz is doing a great job).

Nellie, I agree with TV y Novelas about Pancho's overacting (it took me some real effort to avoid bogging down my recap with gripes about him), but I love this show overall. TV y Novelas is not exactly known for their fair and discerning judgement. They usually love the terrible shows.
 

Not to worry Julia...I know from the clever recaps and comments that you all have found a way to delight in the campy awfulness of that show.You have more resilience than I do, alas.

Can't say though, from the little I've seen, that I would admire Aaron Diaz' acting skills in this one. His torso yes. Does that count?
 

Oh well I guess my taste is awful, but I own it.
----
I guess my taste is awful too since I like this one AND I admit to paying money for the TdA DVD. Lol
 

I also find his facial expressions amusing, Judy. And his body language, I guess. I'm not sure one could call it GREAT acting. He isn't totally absorbed in the role and believable, more like he's in on the joke of the show with an air of "yeah, I can't believe this either; isn't being ridiculous fun?" about him, but it's entertaining to watch.

But back to this show. I like that most of our plots make some level of sense and nearly all the actors are good. Even Temo isn't bugging me as much as he used to. Not that I want to see MORE of him, but he even made me laugh the other night when he asked about Moni, and Pepe said "It's a long story" and Temo said, "Well, the night is also long, and it's still early."
 

I agree with your assessment of Aaron's acting Julia. I definitely got the can-you-believe-this-crap? vibe from him last night.

And Temo's quip is cute. Another moment I'm sorry I missed. But I'm really grieving missing Enzo's dancing!
 

Julia, thanks for the laughs. All my favorites cracks have already been mentioned, but this was a gem too: "It's Mamacion!"
 

Can someone get me a new beanie??

Candy is terrified of being found out and killed by a gangster? Excuse me, she has a popular TV show that even the airport cab driver knows about. Hello??? She's so easy to find.

This was sloppy writing and plot development.
 

Yeah, AND she kept working at the same massage parlor for years. I guess hearing that he had left the country was enough for her?
 

According to my count, tonight's episode #s are 132 and 133. The Mexican number will be a little higher.
 

I accidentally deleted the episode with Enzo dancing. I'm grieving now. How could I have been such a fool?
 

Is it just my imagination, or is Pancho almost as orange as Mike?
 

Julie you are not imagining it. lol. Even Violetta is orange. I think she is more orange than Pancho or Mike.
 

Why are they orange? Tan in a bottle? Too many carrots?
 

They either took bottles and bottles of tan in a can or they are fantatics of the spray tan.
 

Carrots lol. Never thought of that. Imagine if they ate too much spinach lol.
 

My aunt got carotenemia (turning orange) not from carrots, but from catsup being her only vegetable.
 

Howdy folks - slight possibility of part 1 tonight if I'm lucky, but more likely I won't be able to do any of it till tomorrow.

I haven't even watched the whole thing yet, but I note that there's a loooong scene of shirtless Enzo getting rid of his mustache.
 

Hello commenters, I guess the folks at Televisa wanted to make sure everyone got a tan while in Acapulco..... They just got the wrong tint.

Hey JudyB, www.univision.com/telenovela has all the previous episodes number. When march madness gets here next month, we will miss a few episodes. Are your Ohio St Buckeyes up for a run this year.

I hope my VCU Rams show that last year was no fluke.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder