Monday, March 26, 2012

La Que No Podía Amar #64 Lunes 3/26/12 A Child Awaits... a Revelation

That which has passed:
Lord Rogelio suggests to Her Ladyship that they adopt Margarito so he can have his name and financial protection. When they divorce at the end of the contract period he will cede custody to her. Efrain gets into Ulisses' locked files and gets the letter from “Sandra” which contains the clue – or revelation – about Margarito's parentage.
Current Happenings:
Ulisses' Shop: Ulisses complains to Efrain about his daughter's intransigence. Efrain asks if Ulisses would like him to talk to her, Ulisses thanks him, saying that she is more likely to listen to anyone but himself. That is usually a function of age, but he seems unaware of this.
Montero Manor: Lord Rogelio and Lady Ana Paula continue to discuss the possibility of adopting Margarito.
Ana Paula: In truth I don't know what to say. I am not sure. To adopt a child is a big responsibility. We would become Margarito's parents.
Rogelio: If you think I couldn't conduct myself as a parent with my bad temper, madness, toughness, would that be more than the boy could imagine. The accident I had –
Ana Paula: What?
Rogelio: Nothing.
Ana Paula: It's something about Margarito?
Rogelio: No, no. Nothing important.
Ana Paula: How is it nothing important? You talked about your accident before.
Rogelio: What I want to say is that after the accident, I was told I couldn't have children.
Ana Paula: I'm sorry. It's too bad because I see you love Margarito.
Rogelio: Yes. I like the idea of adopting him. I promise you to make sure he is never alone.
Ana Paula: That is very generous on your part.
Rogelio: Therefore I don't understand why you're not wanting to adopt him.
Ana Paula: It's that I don't know. Don't know.
Rogelio: Was this about your boyfriend? Could he not accept you with the boy?
Ana Paula: No, no. That has nothing to do with it. I have no doubt that if I took Margarito he would feel like yours.
Rogelio: Then, what is there to lose? What's to stop us?
Kitchen: After checking to make sure no one is near, the village idiot finds a bottle of tequila hidden behind unrelated items in a floor-level storage cabinet. He opens it, but miraculously, he stops himself taking the drink and returns it to the shelf, carefully replacing the other items.
Study: His Lordship and Knave Skelator discuss the false truck theft. He then informs Skelator that he wishes him to locate Raimundo so he can purchase his property to give to Lady Ana Paula. Skelator is shocked.
Terrace: Lady Ana Paula and Lady Daniela discuss the adoption, then Squire Hugo's interest. Her Ladyship advises her dear friend to distract herself from her problems with the village idiot. In other words, to give Squire Hugo a chance. Tia MentiRosa arrives and Lady Daniela excuses herself and leaves on the pretext of work, gesturing behind the Tia's back to Her Ladyship to be discreet about their conversation. Tia MentiRosa enquires as to whether Her Ladyship is still pining for Sir Gustavo and is informed that this is not the case; that she and Lord Rogelio are discussing adopting Margarito. Tia MentiRosa's response of “No way!” is something she will have a difficult time explaining.
Study: Skelator departs as Miguel arrives. Miguel thanks Lord Rogelio for his assistance in the matter of Lord ShadyDeal. His Lordship is stern with Miguel, explaining that it was costly because Lord ShadyDeal is now his enemy. Miguel tells His Lordship that he means to take the reins of his life in hand so that he can start paying him back and will no longer be a burden.
Terrace: Tia MentiRosa goes on about how Lady Ana Paula couldn't possibly consider adopting a child “of unknown origin.” [Oddly, doesn't she realize that is how it generally happens?] Her Ladyship is unsure of what she wishes to do because she still loves Sir Gustavo. She is unable to endure watching him with Lady Chatterley. Tia MentiRosa finally suggests that perhaps she loves both men.
Rosaura: No, no, no, Ana Paula!
Ana Paula: Please, Aunt, relax; there's no need to be nervous.Rosaura: No, no, no, Ana Paula! How can you adopt a child of unknown origin?Ana Paula: Please, Aunt, this isn't what you think. A child needs to be cared for. He needs parents, a family. When my contract is up he'll come with me.Rosaura: How can you do that? Rogelio lives like a king!Ana Paula: I won't leave without Margarito.Rosaura: What? He won't stay here?Ana Paula: No. Rogelio agreed he would go with me. He will pay child support.Rosaura: Child support?Ana Paula: Yes.Rosaura: Then, well, if the child won't be a burden to us, very well. Besides you don't have to leave if you love him.Ana Paula: I can't stay here because I love Gustavo. Aunt, I can't stand to see him with Sinthia. I hurt when I see them together, kissing.Rosaura: It's a pity. Because Rogelio loves you very much. [too much?] What's more, he said he was buying lands for you.Ana Paula: I don't know anything about that.Rosaura: Think about it well.Ana Paula: No; I have nothing to think about.Rosaura: You can't disparage it. He's giving you this gift because he loves you.Ana Paula: Aunt, I don't love him.Rosaura: You know what? I think you love both of them.
A third song – very unlike the two love themes – underscores her expression.
Margarito's Bedchamber: Margarito receives Sir Gustavo in relatively good spirits. Sir Gustavo does his best to maintain them. However when he picks up a book to read to him his expression changes when he is informed that it was a gift from Her Ladyship.
Terrace: The Stalemate Continues
Ana Paula: That cannot be. I am not capable of that.
Rosaura: For all that you deny it, it's true.
Ana Paula: Aunt, if it was that I loved both of them as you say, I must choose. [escoger]
Rosaura: No we don't. We're selfish and when we love someone we want them all to ourselves. But our hearts can love more than one. I have no doubt.
Ana Paula: That is not good. For me, love is about being with someone, sharing the journey, building something between us... the caresses of another do not matter. It's not looking for something a partner can't provide.
Rosaura (with an exasperated expression): You are excessively romantic, but life teaches us it's not like this. You have to be practical. (snaps her fingers condescendingly)
Ana Paula: No, then we're not talking about love, but convenience.
Rosaura: Well, call it what you want. I know you love Gustavo... but also Rogelio. You win with one and lose with the other.
Ana Paula: And the loser? What of him?
Margarito's Bedchamber: Dr Ernesto arrives to administer a sedative and realizes that Sir Gustavo has known this boy for more than the past weekend. Sir Gustavo requests his discretion and takes the opportunity to confide that Lady Ana Paula is the lady he had been pining for for some time.
Carpentry Shop: Tia MentiRosa encounters Miguel, informing him of Lord Rogelio's intentions to provide child support for Margarito after the divorce so they won't have to be responsible for him. Miguel is sufficiently annoyed with her interference to be the voice of reason and tell Tia MentiRosa that she should stop trying to run Lady Ana Paula's life. That if she decides to be with Sir Gustavo that is her right. There is a mention of a bank deposit to the tia's account which makes her just a bit discomfited because Miguel is looking for money to purchase materials with which he wants to start a furniture business. Tia MentiRosa says that the money is for something else and why don't you ask His Lordship? Miguel refuses to do this. He does not wish to depend on Lord Rogelio. Lady Ana Paula arrives in time to hear this and she is pleased with his decision. She enquires of Tia MentiRosa whether she will come up with the initial investment or whether they will need to go to the bank. Methinks Tia MentiRosa understood the meaning of this.
Hayfield: Lady Daniela and Squire Hugo talk about love. She wishes to forget Miguel and asks him whether he has ever been in love. He tells of his love for her but due to his humble state dares not hope to be worthy of her.
Margarito's Bedchamber: As the boy appears to sleep, Dr Ernesto pledges his discretion to Sir Gustavo, then asks his advice regarding Lady Sneerwell. Sir Gustavo tells him not to lose hope, but it is his sister's decision. He wants his sister to be happy. Dr Ernesto explains that he needs time because of his daughter, but Sir Gustavo believes that this is not impossible.
Chapel: Lady Ana Paula prays to Jesus to help her do what is best for Margarito.
Ana Paula: Enlighten me. What is best for Margarito? Do I adopt him or not? (Rogelio enters and stops a few feet behind her)
Rogelio (as Ana Paula crosses herself): Still praying for Margarito?
Ana Paula (gesturing): Take off your hat.
Rogelio (hands it to her and hand-combs his hair into its most flattering look): Don't worry. We can settle this between us. What are you thinking?
Ana Paula: Rogelio, I have to be very honest with you.
Rogelio: Yes.
Ana Paula: Of course I love Margarito and want to protect him and for us to adopt him, but when my contract is up I will leave.
Rogelio (looking away for a moment): That's what I thought you would say.
Ana Paula: Effectively, I want to take Margarito with me. Is that alright with you? [???]
Rogelio: I promise you. You have my word.
Ana Paula (smiles): Therefore, let's adopt him. (their love theme begins in the background)
Rogelio: Thanks, Paula.
Ana Paula: Why?
Rogelio: Because never did I think I'd have a family, be the father of a child. A child with you.
His smile is so genuine and so vulnerable it would be impossible for any woman to resist.
San Gabriel: Efrain encounters Consuelo, who advises him to be careful He plans to return to Montero Manor. She tells him to be careful because Sir Gustavo and Lady Chatterley are officially engaged and because of what His Lordship might do to him if he knew about his highly improper relations with Lady Chatterley.
Terrace: Lord Rogelio and Lady Ana Paula leave the chapel.
Rogelio: Let us tell Margarito the good news; it will make him happy.
Ana Paula: Surely. But perhaps it would be better to wait until the paperwork is in order, to make sure we can adopt him. I just want it to be official. I don't know much about these things, but I know it can't be easy. I don't want to get his hopes up before it's a certainty.
Rogelio: Yes, yes, you're right. I will speak with someone in the office. (she hands his hat back to him) I will see you later. (exits as the Indecision Foxtrot begins again).
San Gabriel: Efrain insists that Lady Chatterley loves him despite her apparent engagement to Sir Gustavo. Consuelo isn't having any and tells him off, saying that while he more than dallied with Lady Chatterley he trifled with her feelings; he only wanted to take advantage of her. She ends by saying she hopes he never returns to the manor.
Terrace: A possible confrontation
Ana Paula: We have to talk, Gustavo. I want you to know before anyone else tells you that Rogelio proposed and I accepted that we are going to adopt Margarito.
Gustavo: Is this how you continue to take advantage of Rogelio, to keep receiving more money after your contract ends?Ana Paula: How dare you (slaps him) You know that I want to divorce him because I love you. And I thought he tried to have you killed. I want Margarito with me because he loves me and I adore him. If you think I am staying at Rogelio's side for convenience that's your problem. (walks away)
Sir Gustavo declines to follow her, instead making a gesture of frustration.
Ulisses' Cafe: Consuelo has come to say goodbye to Maripaz, who enters with her suitcase, explaining that she doesn't want any more problems with her father. Just outside, Efrain reads the letter regarding Margarito's parentage and pauses quite surprised, saying to himself “Margarito, when you hear who your father is – “ before finishing his reading.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber: Her Ladyship enters with the envelope containing her marriage contract.
Gustavo: What do you want?
Ana Paula: I hope you believe me because everything I told you is true. [???] Rogelio is a good man. (hands the envelope to him) I am very grateful to him for getting Miguel out of prison and helping my family. And for his attentions to me. He is a marvelous man and any woman would fall in love with him. (Gustavo turns away) But my problem, Gustavo, is that I fell in love with you before. And I believed you dead when I married him under this contract. Read it. Read it well and understand why I can't just divorce him and run back into your arms as you'd want me to. (he takes out the document and begins reading, then shakes his head)
Gustavo: Ana...Ana Paula: Gustavo, hear me. Do you feel the same love for me as before?
Operatic music underscores the closing facial expressions.
Ulisses' Cafe: Macaria tells her daughter she will go with her. She exits to pack as Maripaz explains her departure to Consuelo, who wishes her well.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber: Operatic music continues as Her Ladyship walks away from Sir Gustavo.
Gustavo: Why are you walking away?
Ana Paula: Although I am dying to kiss you, after everything that's happened I will not hurt Rogelio. And you belong to Sinthia. Tell me one thing, Gustavo. Are you in love with Sinthia?
Gustavo (taking her hand): When I thought I'd lost you, when I thought I couldn't go on without you, she appeared like a light on my path. Sinthia is important to me.Ana Paula: But you can never be in love with Sinthia if you are still in love with me. (Their love theme begins and they kiss.)
Study: Skelator tells His Lordship that nobody knows who purchased Rancho Negra; His Lordship does not believe him. He charges him to find out so he can purchase the property. Further, he demands that Skelator begin filing adoption papers. Skelator is bemused as he enquires whom he is looking to adopt. He is not pleased at the news that both Lord Rogelio and Lady Ana Paula wish to adopt Margarito and that they both love him. Or at His Lordship's stating that he would like to actually have a child with Lady Ana Paula. Skelator's dark expression is not lost on Lord Rogelio who reminds him that it's a procedure he will be paid to do. We still see the snake eyes on the knave.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber: Her Ladyship turns away and the music darkens again.
Ana Paula: No, no, Gustavo. What are we doing?
Gustavo: Expressing our feelings.Ana Paula: Yes, but I have a promise to keep.Gustavo: Nothing is more important than you and me. We will leave here right now.Ana Paula (looking both sad and worried): What?Gustavo: Are you disposed to leave here with me?
Study: Skelator enquires as to the reason for the adoption considering the various difficulties. His Lordship informs him that this has been discussed and that he and Her Ladyship know what they want to do. He will hear no criticism.
Parlor: Her Ladyship is determined to defeat her feelings for Sir Gustavo.
Ana Paula: I swear to you that I want to forget everything and leave with you, but I can't.
Gustavo: Why not? I will help you find a solution for your brother. I'll help you get the money you need. (she turns away from his touch)Ana Paula: It's not that, Gustavo. Rogelio has treated me well, Gustavo. I made a commitment to him. Understand me.Gustavo: Are you sure it's only about that, Ana?Ana Paula: Ay, please understand that in order to resolve my family's problems I agreed to help a man who could put up with all that and I swear he is a good person. I don't want to hurt him.Gustavo: Ana, tell me something. What is really going on?Ana Paula: I have my back against the wall. Understand that.Gustavo: Very well. I love you as you are. Whatever happens I will feel the same.
Montero Manor: Skelator furiously informs Lady Chatterley of His Lordship's intention to adopt Margarito. Lady Chatterley takes this as additional evidence that she will lose her inheritance to Lady Ana Paula, who she believed dreamed up the scheme. Skelator tells her there is nothing he can do about this. She tells the Knave that he must not file the documents and then exits to confront her brother.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber:
Ana Paula: I swear I have never felt so confused or so bad in my entire life. I have suffered for all the decisions we talked about but I don't want Margarito to suffer.
Gustavo: Why would he suffer? He told me when we were together that he'd like us to take care of him. Isn't that what you'd want? Why, Ana?Ana Paula: Because I told Rogelio that he and I will adopt him.Gustavo: I am also willing to adopt Margarito. Ana, you can I can raise him if we're together. Or is what I have not enough for you?Ana Paula: It's not that. Understand that I will not go back on my word. Although I am dying to leave everything to be with you I can't do it. Nothing will make me break my contract with Rogelio and you need to end things with Sinthia.Gustavo (angry): You're telling me to end things with Sinthia and you and Rogelio... what?
San Gabriel: Upon being informed that he isn't working at Montero Manor, Macaria asks Efrain to accompany her and Maripaz to D.F. He accepts enthusiastically until she suggests he look for a job there while she divorces Ulisses. This catches him off guard and he is speechless.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber:
Ana Paula: I can't dream of this. Think of the position I'm in.
Gustavo: Think about it, Ana. If you adopt Margarito with Rogelio you will be tied to him forever in some way. If you want to leave with me, couldn't you be happy with me?Ana Paula: You're right. There is no solution for this. I don't think I can see you again. I can't be with you until I've completed with my contract. (releases his hands and the opera music begins. She exits crying.)
Corridor: Maria (who probably had heard at least some of what transpired in Sir Gustavo's bedchamber) informs Lady Ana Paula that if she does anything that hurts Lord Rogelio or Lady Chatterley – especially under their roof – she will tell all no matter what His Lordship does.
San Gabriel: Unlike his former employer and Ulisses, Efrain is obviously not a marrying man. He retracts his promise to accompany Macaria and Maripaz, telling her that she should make up with her husband while he attempts to get back his position at Montero Manor. He leaves her standing there with an expression indicating as much anger with her own foolishness as for his intransigence.
Study: Lady Chatterley storms in, demanding to know her brother's intentions. She actually thinks she can prohibit him from adopting Margarito. Upon the revelation she rants about how Her Ladyship (a title she refuses to acknowledge) is using this as one more means to get more of his money and steal her inheritance. She refuses to believe him when he tells her that the idea to adopt Margarito was his and that Her Ladyship agreed to it. In her typically childish manner she hits below the belt by saying that “The boy needs a normal father. You can't even play with him. You can't run with him. Because of that damned wheelchair.” His Lordship looks at her with an expression that combines shock, anger, and near disbelief, the latter of which is noticed by us but not by Lady Chatterley.
Corridor: Lady Ana Paula informs Maria that she and His Lordship will be adopting Margarito. Maria is happy until she realizes that Sir Gustavo knew it first. Lady Ana Paula explains that they are doing what is best for the child and that at the end of the contract His Lordship will pay child support for him. This is clearly less than what Maria wishes to hear.
Study: His Lordship calmly informs his most immature sister that parenthood has nothing to do with physical abilities and he can do much for a child. And he will hear no more of it. Lady Chatterley refuses to concede, continuing to insist that Her Ladyship is looking to bleed him dry. He admonishes her to mind what she says and respect his wife. As he becomes more resolute, she becomes angrier, finally exiting in her usual snit.
Grounds: Lady Sneerwell is still convinced that it cannot work out with Dr Ernesto because of his daughter. He tries to convince her that it will only take a little time. Perhaps while they are at Montero Manor she will realize they belong together.
Corridor: Maria does not think that Margarito should leave Montero Manor; that is his home and His Lordship adores the child. She cries as she reveals – for the first time – that His Lordship's accident happened because he was saving Margarito's life.
Study: Tia MentiRosa enters – obviously she was not invited – with egregiously false enthusiasm for the adoption. She mentions that Her Ladyship said that in the remotest possibility that she departs Montero Manor at the end of the contract that he would provide for Margarito. And that she wants it in writing. His Lordship sees through this as he always has with Tia MentiRosa.
Corridor: Maria describes the accident. Her Ladyship is deeply moved at the knowledge that Lord Rogelio's condition is due to a noble act. Both women cry. As Maria asks that Lady Ana Paula give His Lordship another opportunity the music swells in supplication.
Ulisses' Cafe: Consuelo gives Maripaz a gift, something she had been saving for her wedding day. When Maripaz admires the pineta there is a hint of jealousy even when Consuelo indicates that she and Miguel are merely good friends.
Night: There is a half-moon.
Parlour: Lady Chatterley proves she isn't one by knocking a tray of glasses out of Lady Ana Paula's hands.
Ana Paula: Sintha, don't scare me!
Sinthia: I don't believe you truly have no limits, Paula. (picks up a shard of glass and holds it out at a threatening distance from Ana Paula's face) I know that you and my brother want to adopt Margarito, but you don't fool me. This is for your convenience. You can pretend to love him but he can't make you pregnant – (starts to close in)
Ana Paula (incredulous; knocking her hand away): Relax, please! Calm down!
Sinthia: Shut up, mosquita muerta. You rejected Vanessa's offer because you thought with my brother you'd have more.
Ana Paula: Shut up and refrain from offending me. I have tried explaining things but you do not want to know – (starts to exit, but Sinthia drags her back)
Sinthia: You are worse than I thought. You would use this child with unknown parents. (exits in another snit worse than the previous.)
Lady Chatterley's Bedchamber: She enters to find Mellors waiting for her. She carries on about how horrible it is that her brother is doing everything to please “that Paula”. He responds that he is a man in love, like himself. She cautions him to leave, as His Lordship would not be pleased to find him there. He tells her that when he tells His Lordship what he has to say he'll receive him with open arms. He brings up how everyone at Montero Manor always was wondering for years about Margarito's parentage. He cajoles her into a kiss in exchange for this disclosure.
Sir Gustavo's Bedchamber: Lady Ana Paula was foolish enough to leave her copy of her marriage contract in his possession and he takes it out to show Lady Sneerwell. He explains that she is now obligated to stay an additional six months because she fled the manor to be with him. That Her Ladyship never lied to him.
Lady Chatterley's Bedchamber: Mellors tells Lady Chatterley that she and His Lordship will have to share the hacienda in equal parts with the boy because Margarito's father is Rogelio Montero.
We exit to suspenseful music.
That which is to come:
Will Sir Gustavo catch Lady Chatterley with the stablehand? As Tia MentiRosa says she always gets what she wants, Lord Rogelio asks Her Ladyship what he must do to get her love.
Vocabulary
aguantar to endure
escoger to choose

Labels:


Comments:
I am in the process of savoring your recap, UA, but I had to jump the gun and express my feelings:

SINTHIA IS SO DEAD TO ME!!! She was HORRIBLE tonight! Telling Rohell that he can't be a proper father because he's in the chair. And then laying in wait for Cupcake, knocking down the tray she was carrying, and threatening her with a bit of broken glass?!?!? What is Sin's malfunction?

I thought Maria was awesome tonight, sticking up for her two little baby chicks. She loves Cupcake, but she isn't going to tolerate any hanky-panky in the Gustavito's bedroom either.

Okay, back to reading the recap! :D
 

I am wondering whether Sinthia is bipolar or whether she has something genetic that ultimately affects the brain. Beyond that I think only a history of abuse or neglect can explain her particular flavor of crazy.

Jarocha, can you provide us with a legal reality check here on estate planning? Was it ever legal for Rogelio and Sinthia's father to make marriage a condition of her receiving her inheritance?

Assuming that it was a legal thing to do, what happens if she never marries? Is there a deadline for her to achieve this lifestage? And what would it be? Some arbitrary age like 30 or 35? Menopause? What would it cost Sinthia to legally challenge the will in court or is that not possible in Mexico?

BTW, this is illegal in the US.

Per this latest development, we don't know the first name of Rogelio and Sinthia's father. If his name also was Rogelio, which of them is Margarito's father? Because that could change everything upon the results of a DNA test. If Rogelio (hijo) is Margarito's father, Sinthia's inheritance is not affected. However, if Margarito is her half-brother rather than her nephew, her inheritance is reduced by a third. Efrain's words about splitting the hacienda three ways implies that Margarito was sired by Montero Sr.

OR

It is also remotely possible that Efrain could be lying altogether.
 

Thanks, UA. I couldn't get any captions tonight, so you thorough and well-written recap was a big help.

I am a bit confused. I can understand Tia's being so against the adoption, but not Bruno. He really looked furious when he heard the news. Why? Is it because in the end he hopes to get AP for himself and doesn't want Margarito?

I am wondering whether Sinthia-the-=horrible will use her "wiles" to prevent Efraim from telling Rogelio he is Margarito's biological father. When Efraim told her, he rubbed it in by saying now her inheritance would go three ways. She's not going to stand for that. Sinthia is really a lethal combination of stupidity and meanness, bordering on evil.

I am hoping Rogelio finds out that Margarito is his biological son. It would make him so happy to know that he fathered a child. But it will also cause problems, because with that knowledge I dont believe he would ever give him up if Ana Paula left.

All these complications will be very interesting, including Tia's planting the seed that AP us in love with both men.
 

Thanks, UA. I always enjoy your clear, yet fanciful, accounts of the action.

Gustavo's a fast reader and very quick to pick up the details of the contract. And now our three leads are willing to listen to the other side of the argument?!?

Well, except for Sister Cin... she still hates AP and is willing to show just how much. She just seems messed up in the head, somehow.

Maria still keeps her intensity going, too. Don't mess with her babies.

Aaand--the music swells in supplication. Nice descriptions of the music along the way. AnaPaula--tag teamed by the music and the puppy dog eyes.
La Paloma
 

Tia MentiRosa is against the adoption because Margarito would bleed away money she regards as hers (until AP told her that Rogelio would provide child support). She feels no love for anyone, including a defenseless child, and resented her responsibilities toward AP and Miguel.

And you are right about Bruno. He wants AP for himself without the inconvenience of a child. But wanting isn't getting.

Sinthia would most likely bed Efrain in the avances in an attempt to keep him quiet about Margarito being her brother or nephew (whichever it is).
 

Thank you UA for this marvelous detailed recap. I'm with Elvira. SIN IS DEAD TO ME TOO! She has an awful streak of violence. I can't stand her right now, especially after what she said to Rohell.

Couldn't stand Tia either. First she caused the whole falling off the trellis, then she has the nerve to say "child of unknown origins" that's what adopted children are. I am so with you, UA. The Tia is mentally dense.

The three way inheritance issue could be if something happens to Rohell, Sin and Margo would share equally, and if something happened to Sin, then Margo would get it all. Maybe the senior Montero wrote the will this way for some reason we haven't found out about yet.

I am glad the Cupcake gave the contract to Guscakes to read, so he could see for himself what is exactly is what and that Ms Mercy, Sin and Vainy all lied to him. Of course none of them saw the contract either and came to their own conclusions. I am glad he showed it to Ms Mercy to shut her pie hole.

I think Skelator just wants the Cupcake and he would treat Margo as excess baggage. He would treat Margo badly, like the Tia does.

Finally Miguel starts to man up and stop drinking. I wonder how long this will last. Glad Hugo told Dani how he feels about her, maybe she is starting to like him.

The Cupcake could be in love with both Rohell and the Guscake, at times she looks like she is starting to fall for Rohell. When she said she couldn't dishonor the contract, I got the feeling it was more than that. She has broken this contract before. And she reminded Guscake he is engaged to Sin, but of course didn't mention she is also married. She is a little confused. When he was kissing her is what I am referring to.

Loved Maria here again. I am glad she told the Cupcake about what caused Rohell's accident. The Cupcake is respecting Rohell more and more all the time. Loved how she made him take off his hat in the chapel.
 

I haven't seen the episode yet but I believe Magrito must be Rohell and Sin's half brother. I think that if he were Rohell's son, that Cupcake would really have a hard time ever loving him because he "abandoned" his own child. I'm a "Rogeliana" all the way!!

It starts here (west coast) in 15 minutes!
 

I read the recap through and it was fabulous! Love your turn of phrase, UA. You always do such a thorough job. Thank you so much, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I thought the conversation between Cupcake and the Gustavito was interesting because at least twice, the Gustavito was questioning Cupcake's "reasons" for not breaking her word to Rohell. I think Guscake, as well as Viewerville, are starting to suspect that there's a little more going on there for Cupcake. Tia MentiRosa, for all her selfishness, has figured it out.

It seems more and more like Cupcake's "love" for Guscake is based on girlish fantasy that isn't going to hold up. We already see it starting to break down just a little. Now that Cupcake gets to know him better (and he's not behaving like a douche at the moment) Rohell's starting to gain points. Finding out about how Rohell sacrificed himself for Margarito really seemed to have an impact on Cupcake. (YAY for Maria for spilling the beans! LOL.)
 

I didn't care for Maria here. I mean, great that she finally told about the accident. But no one seems to remember how horrible Rogelio was to the boy up until recently. And Maria knows that AP married Rogelio out of desperation rather than love, so what's with demanding that AP give him a chance? Back off, lady.

Efrain is getting on my nerves too. He used to be a fun womanizer, but now he's just getting mean.

I still give Cinthia a pass due to her nutty upbringing, but even she's starting to cross over to the dark side. Ruin a perfectly good tea set, will you? Just trade in Gustavo for Ernesto and everything will be fine. Or try yoga. oooohhhhhhhmmmmmm.

Kelly
 

If Margarito is Rogelio's child it's certainly possible that he never knew about the pregnancy. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a man who takes responsibility so there is no way he would have abandoned this child. The letter left with Ulisses should have been handed to him.

Either way, Sinthia will have a conniption at the top of tonight's episode.

It may be a good thing for Gustavo to know what's in the marriage contract but I don't like that it's in his possession. Mercedes needed to get a reality check about AP, but if anyone else in that house finds out that Gustavo was AP's first love she's out of the frying pan in to the fire.
 

Thank you UA for another of your completely engaging recaps. I love your courtly style. Thanks for filling in all the pertinent dialog in the AP/Gustavo conversations "...as the Indecision Foxtrot begins again" No kidding. Their relationship is really slip-sliding around. but as Elvira said, it's not really a mature relationship and the cracks are beginning to show.

This was a great episode in many ways; lots of mini-revelatons. Rosaura's overweening selfishness starts to become obvious even to Miguel & AP; Efraín's reluctance to commit to any woman except por interés; Cindy's essential instability (Lady Chatterley proves she isn't one...); Maria's spilling the accident frijoles to AP, but even Maria doesn't know that this child of "unknown origin" is Margaro Montero. The "big" reveal, in true telenovela fashion" is filled with ambiguity: which Rogelio Montero is the father?

"We still see the snake eyes on the knave." I've asked this before, but does Julian Gil have a weird eye natually, or is this deformity something the makeup department has concocted to enhance his character's snakiness (or knavery).
 

UA, one of the many things I enjoy about your recaps are the way you capture sentiments and actions in beautifully phrased, descriptive language:"Tia MentiRosa enters – obviously she was not invited – with egregiously false enthusiasm for the adoption" and "He leaves her standing there with an expression indicating as much anger with her own foolishness as for his intransigence."

Thank you for taking the time and care to translate the important conversations here. It is truly appreciated!

I never dreamed the most insightful words last night would have been uttered by the loathsome Tia: "No we don't. We're selfish and when we love someone we want them all to ourselves. But our hearts can love more than one. I have no doubt." Give the devil her due - she is right in this lone issue.

UA, I've also said all along that Rogelio would never abandon his child. NJ Sue, ITA that Rogelio will never give Margarito up, once he discovers the truth.

I'm also wondering how the letter ended up in Ulisses' possesion?

Sin has never learned to censor. She still fails to realize one does not have to verbalize every thought. Her insensitivity was particularly cruel last night and her behavior is becoming more and more desperate. I also wonder if Sin has some medical condition that needs to be diagnosed. Calling Dr. Ernesto! I've said all along he is the cure she needs. As Kelly said: "Just trade in Gustavo for Ernesto and everything will be fine. Or try yoga."

Nothing can truly move forward until Rogelio is told the truth about Ana and Gus. The question is: Can he handle the truth?

Diana
 

Fine recap, Urban. Sensitively done, and amusing, so enjoyable!

If Rohell is already his father does this mean Rohell won't have to adopt Margarito? This may change his promise to let AP take Margarito at the end.
I was also wondering if Margarito is Rohell's father's son, and not Rohell's son.
LoriLoo-of course Rohell wouldn't have abandoned the child, it is clear that he really didn't know the child was his.
Of course, Sinthia probably won't let Efrain tell Rohell about this. This TN is all about keeping secrets.
Does anyone else think Sandra should have chosen a better name? Margaro Montero? A little hard to say.
 

The advances are definitely telling us that our douchebag Rohell is Margarito's father. We'll see if that's the case for real.

I agree, Emarie, if Margarito is Rohell's kid, Rohell has no idea. There's no way that he would have abandoned a kid that was his. That's not his M.O.
 

UA, thank you for another elegant and polished recap. You do not disappoint!

I thought one of the conditions of the contract was that AP was to tell no one about it except her family (though Dani has known about it forever).

Though Maria has been put in a tough situation, I think she has betrayed Rohell by letting AP stay silent about Gustavo. Maria should have told Cupcake that if she didn't let Rohell know about Gus, Maria herself would tell him.
 

@Diana, I think Sandra left the letter in Ulíses' care precisely because he is a staunch, conservative, unbending and upstanding person in the community and she thought him trustworthy in this commission. And she would have been correct if Efraín hadn't wangled his way into the file cabinet.
 

Kinda makes me wonder if Sandra will re-emerge from the past and play a role in these entanglements.
 

I don't like the name either. In English once a male name is given to enough females it stops being masculine and I don't think the solution is to masculinize female names to create new male names. I have a particular dislike for sexually ambiguous names as well.

Not to mention that some people have atrocious taste when naming their children.

As for Julian Gil's eyes, I can't answer this at the moment. He's in a miniseries called Gabriel Amor Inmortal where he isn't a villain, so you'd have to look there. The episodes are online.

Diana, thanks. There was a time when I wanted to write romance novels but I am so not qualified for reasons that have nothing to do with my writing style, which would also work for drawing room comedy if that were fashionable today.

Sinthia's lack of a brain-to-mouth filter might suggest Aspberger's Syndrome, but there are too many other things going on that say it's something else. She is perfectly capable of having manners in certain situations and she makes eye contact when talking to people. She never has a flat affect. I think she is bipolar and a narcissist.

As for whether Sandra will re-emerge, I think that will happen soon if it happens at all. Either way, I don't think Rogelio will learn the truth this week. Sinthia knows him too well to let him find out in view of how she thinks it will affect her inheritance. Which we now all know she is not fit to handle.
 

You can watch "Labios Rojos" on On Demand with Jorge Salinas and Sylvia Navarro. I saw it Sunday. It was funny.
 

UA, thanks very much for another well written, perceptive, enjoyable recap. I don't have much to add to what others have already said. I really think that Rogelio, not his father, is Margarito's father. It's all well and good to have one plot element where father and son have the same name (Gustavo Jr. and Sr.), but TWO?? I hope not.

On a totally different note, is there any chance that the actresses playing AP and Vanessa are related, perhaps even sisters? I say this not just because there's a physical resemblance but also because they have the same last name, Contreras. Of course, that's a pretty common name, but the thought did occur to me.
 

I haven't found any evidence that they are related and don't know whether that surname was either of theirs at birth. Actors of both genders change names either to avoid having the same name as another or to have something that suits them better personally or professionally than the ones they were born with. I'm reasonably sure that Oscar Daniel Hernandez-Rodriguez didn't mind trading that one in for Pablo Montero. He sure as hell doesn't look like an Oscar to me.

In the case of Ana Brenda and Mars it is an interesting coincidence.

Don't even get me started on how much I hate a father naming a son after himself. This is not only confusing, it allows for the opportunity of identity theft and also can prevent the son from feeling like a separate human being.
 

Ana is from the Dominican Republic and Mar is Mexican.
 

Urban: Thanks for a great recap with so many details.

Loriloo: I'm beginning to think that Margaro's real father is Rogelio's father, too. I'm going with the he's a responsible man theme. I don't remember if we ever found about when Roho Sr. died.

LXV: Skeletor is pretty strange looking. I checked him out thoroughly last night and to me it looks like his nose is crooked or not symmetrical, and it makes him look weird eyed.

Efrain: I hope you get thrown under the bus soon.
 

OK Thanks Urban for the great recap,

I decided, Cin didn't just start letting her crazy side show, she must have displayed some signs as a child. And her Daddy must have realize she's a needy kind of girl who's not to steady in the mental department. So he put the clause in his will giving Rogelio power over her, in the hopes someone would get her help before its too late. If Cin was this mean and selfish as a child,as she is now it's a wonder too me that her and Van have been friends for so long.
b/c usally to selfish women can't be friends because there is no one to kiss the other person butt.

Now on to Rogelio, Cupcake, and Cutiecake Gus. I tend to agree with TiaMental in this case Cupcake loves both men. Now she Cupcake has to make decission on who she wants to be with Margaro's
 

Fabulous UA. I loved your running commentary about the music, especially this bit: "Both women cry. As Maria asks that Lady Ana Paula give His Lordship another opportunity the music swells in supplication." Awesome!

I got that Margarito was Rogelio's child. The whole "divide the hacienda 3 ways" makes absolutely no sense inheritance wise. Just more silliness. Just like Cinthia seems convinced that AP can somehow "steal" her inheritance. Hogwash!

Yep, Cinthia keeps looking more and more deranged.

Audrey
 

Oh, and I just loved that "I just swallowed a bug" look on Mersnotty's face when Guscake announced to her that he had read AP's contract and declared that absolutely everything AP has told him has been true. You know Mersnotty was painfully biting her tongue!

Audrey
 

UA, great recap. Some of my favorite lines:

“After checking to make sure no one is near, the village idiot finds a bottle…”

“Lady Chatterley proves she isn’t one by knocking a tray of glasses out of Lady Ana Paula’s hands.”

Even though Efrain had to confuse things by saying they’d have to split things “three” ways, I’m still holding out that Margarito is Rogelio’s, not Rogelio Sr.’s. Agree Rogelio in no way would abandon his child. If he’d known, he would’ve owned up to Margarito. But I guess this would mean that Rogelio cheated on Vainessa.

Sin was cruel to Rogelio just like a bratty adolescent. No excuses for her, but her dad - and then Rogelio after him – had a big hand in her arrested development. When the TN started, Rogelio wouldn’t even “let” her have a cell phone.

Okay, the letter was given to Ulises for safekeeping because he’s the upstanding man in town. Does he know its contents? Was he supposed to turn it over to someone special at some particular time?
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

The letter was given by Sandra to Ulises to give to Margaro when he reached legal age.
 

Regarding Cin. I think she has borderline personality. She has the abandonment of parents who died, when she was young, she is promiscuis, self centered, untrusting, can not hold onto a relationship and she has the flair ups of anger, seen in borderlines, but Bipolar and Narcissism as well. The anger in borderline, is usually when feeling rejected/abandoned, but BP it is that the person is not agreeing with them or their actions, or they have said/done something that bugs the BP. Her relatonship with Efrain shows that each time she gets too close, she rejects him. We consider that he is below her;however, the behavior fits the borderline (love/hate). Her relationship with Dave the same. At the outset she liked him, but as time went on she became bored with him.
 

UA:

Thanks for the excellent recap. Your conversational translations were esp good.

Elvira:
For me, she has been consigned to the gods for a while. I have NO hope for her after her betrayal of Rogelio and her treatment of him last night. Cinthia is la que no podia amar.

UA: As to her mental maladies, she appears to be at least a dual diagnosis; Anti-Social Personality Disorder (sort of grab bag for what is generally called sociopathology) and she is profoundly narcissistic. I don't see signs of bi-polar disorders as she is written and played by Gonzales. I agree with the speculation by folks who think that some of these tendencies showed themselves in childhood and that's why Papa Montero left her in a custodial situation. Old fashioned, controlling and misogynistic for sure, but it looks like he might have been trying to address a real problem with Cinthia.
 

Ulisses never opened the letter and doesn't know its contents; Macaria said so last week.

I can so accept BPD as a diagnosis of Sinthia's behavior.

Efrain could be manipulating the situation by implying that the child is that of Rogelio Sr (if that was his name) so that Sinthia will continue her Lady Chatterley activities with him. This will delay Rogelio's finding out the truth by at least another dozen episodes but it could be worse if he tries to get Skelator to do the investigation.

I am picturing Sinthia telling Skelator what she has heard with the thought that he could set up roadblocks to the adoption and the investigation, since he doesn't want the adoption any more than she does. However, Rogelio will not tolerate much in the way of a delay. If he isn't satisfied with Skelator's answers I can see him getting another lawyer on the case. That might lead to the other lawyer finding Ulisses who will find out that the letter had been stolen. You can see the chain reaction from there.

A DNA test is all we need for the answer.

Rogelio's father died after the accident; I'm guessing a year or two later. His mother died much earlier than that, perhaps when he was a teen and Sinthia much younger. There was no stepmother and I'm sure Sr Montero still had wild oats to sow. The writers could make this happen either way but no matter which is the truth -- or if neither is true -- Sinthia still will not be disabused of her delusion about Ana Paula looking to claim her share of the hacienda by adopting Margarito.

There is another possibility out there for Sinthia to consider: If Margarito is already a blood relation he won't be adopted and this -- theoretically -- would remove Ana Paula's incentive to stay married to Rogelio.
 

Yes, Urban, and Friday they made a point to have Rogelio mention his wild oats during his pensive conversation with the sleeping Margarito. I agree that it is probably too early in the story for this to be revealed.
 

I'm interested to see Sin's next step. If she withholds from Rogelio that he's a father when she believes he's not capable of ever having another kid, she's one cruel sister. If she tells him in hopes it'll negate AP from adopting and having a permanent bond with Rogelio, well - at least she's got some strategy. If she sleeps with Efrain while Gustavo's in the other room as the previews indicate, therapy would be in order. Maria's mothering can help. But while Rogelio at least takes Maria's advice at times, I’ve never seen Sin take her advice.
 

Great recap.

I've been blown away with all your comments. I naturally assumed he was Rohell's son, now I'm rethinking.

As for Cinthia, I think Maria is either Rohell's or Cinthia's real mother, or related in someway and had a child. The looks Rohell and Maria give each other makes me think there is something else there. If Cinthia is not a true blood, then I can imagine the father putting all these stipulations in the will.

BTW on another note, I caught a glimpse of el gordo y la flaca last week and rohell, gus and bruno were on and they were quite funny, julian gil said the ending is that he ends up with rohell, then ron jumped in and said no he ends up with rohell. Jorge looked quite stunned (amusingly) that these two men were jumping on him and trying to kiss him.
 

Awesome recap UA. So as I suspected, Rogelio is Margarito's biological father. This must have been during his wild sowing oats days that he mentioned. That changes things for sure.

Didn't like AP and Gus kissing right under Rog's roof. Glad that Maria warned her that her that if they are carrying on she will tell Rog.

Cinthia is despicable. That is all.

So I wonder will Efrain tell Rog that he is the boy's father.
 

I have been wondering for some time whether Maria is the mother of Sinthia or even Margarito, but if she were we would know that by now. I have decided that Maria wasn't able to have her own children so she doted on Rogelio and Sinthia (although Rogelio was probably the more affectionate child).

I've been wishing for a family photo showing the parents (who would be other Televisa actors) or a flashback showing them so we can see what kind of people they were. Or what Sinthia was like as a child.

But we're not even at the halfway mark on the story.

It's natural for an opera fan to comment on the music. Televisa has had some excellent incidental music in their productions in the years I've been a viewer; I just wish that this one had a Rogelio/Ana Paula love theme on the order of the one from Mariana de la Noche. That was one of the greatest ever.
 

There is one thing in last night's episode that made me think that Margarito might be Rogelio's and Sinthia's half-brother. Efrain said to Sinthia at the end of the episode that the inheritance would have to be divided three ways, between Sinthia, Rogelio, and a third, meaning Margarito. If Margarito is Rogelio's son, then he shares Rogelio's part of the inheritance, right, and Sinthia's part should not be affected. But, if he is their half-brother, he could get an equal part of the inheritance with both of them!
 

Call me crazy but here is another Sin possibility:

Maria is indeed her mother as another commenter suggested earlier on. But, Rohell Sr. is NOT her father but some ne'r-do-well that left Maria. Rohell Sr. was a generous man and caring about Maria, adopted Sin. She is not Montero by blood, which is perhaps the reason the inheritance is predicated upon her having a responsible spouse. Rohell Jr. knows this and is therefore over-protective of Sin.

In any case, a 3-way split of the Hacienda also tells me that Rohell Sr. is Magaro's papa.
 

That assumes that Efrain isn't lying in the closing moments of this episode.

In any event, Rogelio needs a lawyer he can trust.
 

Audrey and UA - Thanks for the detail surrounding the letter.
 

Many thanks, UA and Anon 10:11, for your comments re the possibility that the actresses playing AP and Vanessa are in fact sisters. I now think it's highly unlikely.
 

UA- it's funny that you brought up the Rogelio/Ana Paula love theme. I love that song and purchased it through iTunes. As pretty and melodic as it is, it is not a very happy song when you hear the whole thing.

And yes, Effer could be lying. And why is Sin in the sack with him yet again?!? She makes my head spin!
 

"UA- it's funny that you brought up the Rogelio/Ana Paula love theme. I love that song and purchased it through iTunes. As pretty and melodic as it is, it is not a very happy song when you hear the whole thing."

I bought it too LoriLoo because it grew on me but it isn't a happy song when you listen to the lyrics ironically.
 

What's the history of mom and dad of Rohell and Sinthia, especially the mom? When did Nana step in as nurse to raise them?
 

Wonderful comments. It also is looking like it might be Rogelio Sr. who is Margarito's Dad. But as someone pointed out, that two galans having the same name as their fathers would be a bit much in one show.

I don't think that Sinthia is mentally ill, as much as childish, not bright, narcissistic,resentful, and cruel. I see her as a case of arrested devleopment; a 30 plus teenager. The speculations that Maria might be her mother seem plausible, which would explain why her father did not feel she should have her inheritance, unless she were married to a trustworthy man. There is just something not kosher sbout her place in the family.
 

Thank you for the recap as always. I would like to enter a formal plea for a screen cap of Rogelio in the chapel. Yes, his hair was perfectly mussed as you stated, and his face was gorgeous!
 

ITA @ nj sue. I don't think she's borderline or manic depressive (I know first-hand a lot about both of these diagnoses) so much as sheltered and undeveloped. As such, she's a loose cannon when worlds collide, as they are now doing in the universe of Hell Fuerte. She's got herself caught in a web with some serious scam artists, an unwitting pawn. She was too inexperienced to understand the ramifications of her trysts with Eff. and this more than anything makes me think she is not of "noble blood".
 

UrbanA, Thank you for the wonderfully detailed recap. This show is the one with some real mysteries. I cannot begin to guess what KupKaque is going to do in terms of choosing to leave Rog for Gussito or stay with him and give M'Grito a real family. Hopefully Tia Sin will exit somewhere safely so she won't be close to corrupt the sweet child as he comes of age.

EJ, Thanks for the added diagnosis of our SINfullness. SocioPath does it for me too.
 

Anonymous at 06:11:00 PM EDT, You read my mind! LOL. Tonight is my night for recapping, and I had already planned on posting a gratuitous screenshot of Rohell from this episode's chapel scene (the one you have now requested). I have no restraint when it comes to posting gratuitous screenshots! :D
 

KupKaque! You really had me going for a while there Cheryl LOL!
 

Elvira, please find a screen shot of that scene. Jorge Salinas looked so handsome there. I do hope he fixes his hairline issues before there is no way of disguising them with a comb.

With regard to BPD, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

I had another thought while reading everyone's comments: If Rogelio (or his dad) had known about Margarito's parentage, the child would have been better cared-for and Rogelio would never have had the accident.

It's also possible that Vainessa would have jilted him anyway because of not wanting to raise a bastard brat that wasn't hers.
 

Urban A: Another great romantic rendition of ignobility.....

Seems that Skeletor is pissed cuz he believes that if AP and Rog adopt Mgrito then they will be even more united as a couple and it will be harder for him to eventually vie for AP once she's divorced. I don't get why he was mentioning a three-way divvy of the inheritance to Sin--why would he have meant that he thought RM Sr. would be the daddy? That threw me.
 

Efrain was the one implying that Montero Sr is Margarito's biodad. He may or may not be telling the truth there.

Skelator doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell with AP no matter what happens with Margarito. She would never feel anything for him to compare with what she's felt for Gustavo (girlish fantasy) or Rogelio (true love).

I'm waiting for Rogelio to get angry enough with somebody again to stand up from the chair and take more than one step. I'm convinced he can do it and if AP sees that she will really push him to do something about it.

Dr Ernesto isn't there just to be Mercedes' love interest.
 

I still don't believe that the Borderline diagnosis applies to Cinthia, nor does Manic Depression. The one thing I discovered to be most common among all my borderline patients was that they had been sexually abused by a parent or relative in childhood/adolescence. They were cunning and manipulative, albeit personally attractive. In the 30+ years since I first practiced as a psych nurse (even though I gave it up), I have seen this DSM-IV category become something of a psychiatric wastebasket, the way "Psycho-affective disorder" was in the 60s & 70s. Cutting and suicide attempts are frequent. This is not our Cindy. Neither is she Bi-polar, except perhaps in the continuum with normal, trending very slightly with her outbursts. True mania is completely psychotic. This gal is angry. ¡Basta! I think she has a fairly strong moral ground, but doesn't know where to go with it. She is certainly narcissistic, but since when was that a serious illness? She is reacting to all the bad shit around her.

Still don't like her though.
 

As the daughter of a narcissist, I can tell you it's serious. It is a good thing that Sinthia doesn't have children or a position of supervisory responsibility.

Once you see through a narcissist they cease to be attractive.
 

"It is a good thing that Sinthia doesn't have children or a position of supervisory responsibility."

She wouldn't let herself. She's not that sick. She's more naive than anything.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder