Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #201-202 Tue 4/10/12 This episode brought to you by the Riviera Maya board of commerce!

I missed the first 1/2 hour. Sorry folks!

The kids and Lupita are seeing a social worker. She's going to be pulled out of that house, and they give her a room at la casa popular. UH OH is Temo gonna have a thing with her? He gives her a wink and a kiss on the forehead, after pledging to protect her himself.

Enzo comes to menace Pepe some more on Monica's account.

Pancho and Rebe are having more lovey scenes, this time in a discoteca surrounded by drugged-up ravers waving glow-in-the-dark pool noodles. That is all. No dialogue, no nothing, just hugging. Cut back to a more interesting story.

Two older people (unfamiliar to me) are having relationship trouble... oh, it's Rebe's parents. Her mom calls up to complain just as Pancho is about to get some smooches, and he shuffles around awkwardly while they talk.

Chela wants Enzo to butt out of his daughter's love-life. They're adults, let them work it out on their own.

The surest sign of a throwaway riviera maya scene: the two-pictures-at-once effect. This time Pancho browbeats Rebe into going parasailing with him.

For the 5th time this show, Ana falls for the Kari-pretending-to-be-with-Fred gag. She's helping him move his stuff out of his parents' place, and calls him "mi amor." YET AGAIN Ana storms off without investigating.

pajaros en el alambre... Vins calls to tell Candi that he's finally getting rid of that old witch. She's pretty happy.

Ana is in tears. I guess she's also sad that Fred is moving away. But mostly about Kari.

Now Pancho and Rebe are going on Jet-Skis. I have the feeling that the tourism board of the Mayan Riviera got some advertising bucks in.

Arnold is sad about Candi, but is willing to accept the consolation of a bald gay guy with a silly mustache... at least until the uber-masculine half of his personality takes charge and chides him about it after the guy leaves. He tries to take his crisis of sexuality to Pina for advice, but she's more interested in her self-help book and her discovery that she may be a mercurial person.

Nayeli's dad shows up to grab her, despite all assurances that she would not be found.

Either Moni changed her look or she's wearing a wig... She has come to menace Frida, who is pretty funny. "What are you going to do, Frenchy?" She's been in real fights, and she isn't going to let Moni push her away from Pepe. BUT Moni gives her a little slap and they get to girl-fighting for real, complete with hair-pulling. A bunch of pedestrians hangs around egging them on. It seems like Moni might have been winning, but Pepe shows up and takes about 10 minutes in an attempt to break them out. He hoists up Moni and puts her down in a waiting convertible. She climbs out. He puts her back in. She climbs out again. He puts her back in again.

The SWAT team shows up to help w/ the kidnapping! Tomas too. Ahhh, he's actually still in cop school, but it still seems like a pretty quick turnaround. He wants to help him, and they all head out.

Another dull Rebe/Pancho scene, this time in some hotel, wearing fluffy bathrobes.

Pepe tries to patch Moni up, and she whines about Frida. I get my first good look at her new style. God, her hair is AWFUL! Pepe says Frida needs him more than Moni does.

At the same time, Frida is patching herself up, not whining about the disinfectant. She definitely got the worst of this fight. I guess crazy beats streetsmart.

The SWAT team is outside some broken-down old industrial building. The girl is screaming inside, and Tomas swiftly kicks in the door (sweet!). The cops grab the dad and everything is good her.

Temo gets the news about Nayeli. She's in the hospital, and she has lesions. Doc Oc appears to have his mojo back. Anyway, Temo unbuttons the top button of his shirt and races off to meet them.

Next, brought to you by the tourism board of the riviera maya, fishing on a fancy boat, with Rebe and Pancho! There's a funny phrase for when you get something on the hook (a bite) - ya pescaste! Anyway, Pancho pulls a huge heart out of the water on his fishing line.

Pepe lets Frida know that he's quitting his job and won't be able to hang out with her. Moni gave him no choice. Very sad. Frida is so much better than Moni.

Vins will "reconquer" Candi, as he tells her at dinner. He admits that he's done some terrible things, and she nods quite earnestly!

Nayeli wakes up to the sight of Temo, with some memory loss. Multi-side-plot-power activate! child-abuse, amnesia, and a love story (my money is on this turning into an itty-bitty love triangle, like the rest of Temo's family).

Ado is very sweet to Pina as they talk about selling the house, trying to make sure she knows how to be happy.

This coming to you from the Riviera Maya board of commerce: Pancho and Rebe get in a taxi.

But now they come home, and there's some kind of commotion happening inside. The enjoy a last peaceful moment before entering in. "But everyone's talking at once!" "That's what the Lopez do..." "We're both Lopez now." Aww, they were all waiting for the pair to get home. Doc Oc has a very touching speech about how much he loves them all, and they're the family he always wanted. He tells them about his Alzheimer's. Interesting timing. "Welcome home Pancho, I have Alzheimer's!"


Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Ezra, for the fun recap.

Honestly, I can only agree with you about Moni. The hair, the whinging, the hats worn on top of her head like a clown hat, now the fake French outfits, YIKES!

Remind me to greet my friends like Doc Oc greeted his new 'family'.

Thanks again for doing these recaps on these hour marathons.

ElnaJune
EJ
 

Very fun, Ezra. Thanks so much for keeping it light. This is a pretty silly part as if the others weren't. It is hard to see who could make Pepe more miserable. I am not a fan of either Frida or Moni right now. They are in a dead tie for most annoying.

The honeymoon was a great commercial for Riviera Maya. The wedding had to boost the local economy so I bet these towns are gleeful when the telenovela film crew rolls into town. And several more weddings to go.
 

Thank you so much Ezra for this great recap. I'm with Cheryl I'm not liking Moni or Frida right now. It is effecting Enzzo and Chela's relationship and that I don't really like.

The honeymoon was fun. I liked all the stuff they did, especially that massage with the hot rocks. Rebe and Pancho looked like they wanted to fall asleep.

Glad that Nyeli's dad went to jail.I just knew that Lupe and Tomas would rescue her. I'm glad she is ok.

Yeah Ana never investigates. She takes everything at face value. If she took the time she would see right thru Kari.

Pina is funny with the self help book. Maybe she is trying to change. Arnold and Raymundo were funny. Arnold liked Raymundo kissing his ear lol.

I don't know about Vins and Candy. Candy is the only one Vins ever sent poems to though and gave her flowers and really paid attention to her. I don't know about them though. How long will it be before Vins gets that wandering eye again.

OT: I like the actors they have brought in here the Lic. at the Child Protection Service is Ophelia from DA, Franco, that is Ana's manager was one of the Sylistias at the salon from Dinero, and Nyeli's Mom was Mirta from Corazon Salvaje 2009.
 

I love PIna's pose: don't ask me to change, I'm far too busy reading books about how to change! But she is the winner, she is pulling away from Vice and Candi's nightmares are just about to begin again.

I think Freddy will pull himself together. He realizes his dependent nature and doesn't want to stay in the child role. He also looked so longingly at Ana walking away while Kari clings annoyingly.

Oops, gotta run. The local coyote pups are coming to howl and entice Willa to come out. I need to go referee. I like Willa's friendship with the owl every fall but the coyotes are not as trustworthy even though so very cute and cunning.
 

"Another dull Rebe/Pancho scene, this time in some hotel, wearing fluffy bathrobes." I love how you tell it like it is Ezra. Since I haven't really been able to get into our main couple's story, all their love scenes bore me blue. But if the scenes help the local Riviera Maya economy, so much the better. Economies everywhere need all the help they can get. Thanks for taking the time, in your very busy life, to pound these out.
 

Thanks Ezra. I agree with everyone that both Moni and Frida were not at their best last night. Physical fights over a man are just so demeaning. Both of them should be ashamed of themselves. But Frida should be the one most ashamed of herself. Pepe isn't her boyfriend. Never was. She went after him knowing he had a girlfriend. She actively tried to become the other woman. Not cool. She was scolding Pepe when he said he was quiting like she has some claim over him.

If I had a boyfriend, who had kissed another woman, TWICE, and this woman was still after him and he admitted to having feelings for her, I wouldn't want them being "friends" and workmates either. In reality, I would dump him. But if I decided to give him another chance, as Moni did (but not really since her jealousy is eating at her), no way would I agree to Frida being apart of Pepe's life.

Tourism in Mexico has really suffered because of the narco violence. Telenovelas help these regions and towns. I don't mind these epsisodes that are basically travel ads because I love discovering new, beautiful places I may want to visit someday.

I'm glad Doc Oc finally told the family the truth. Now they can all support him with their love, not just Fernanda.

Poor Nayeli. She looked so scared as they tucked her into bed in the Lopez mansion. But it seems that mom may now be ready to break away from her husband.
 

Thank you for a great post.

I was in shock over the fight last night, did not expect it, but I'm ashamed to say I could not look away, wow, those fists were flying. I expected Jerry Springer to pop out from one of the cars.

All those that say that Vince has not changed, I agree with you and that the nightmare for Candy has started, I agree with that. Would not expect anything less, she did break up a marriage and in TN's those who do get the worst of it.

I do have to ask is that Moni's real hair? If it is please take it off.
 

Looks like it's her real hair plus a weave for length and fullness.
 

Ezra, Great write up! It made last nights show more interesting than it really was.

I am with all of you, Moni's wig is awful. And the clothes! The whole Moni/Frieda story line is nuts. Pepe is a really nice guy and these two chicas keep jerking him around.

I found the Luna de Miel scenes boring even though the Riviera Maya looked inviting.
 

PS Riviera Mayan

My son and daughter-in-law have a condo in Playa del Carmen - just two blocks from the playa and its wonderful. 5th avenue is a two minute walk for them.....It wonderful to visit.
 

Ditto everybody. I agree with all of your comments about Moni/Pepe/Frida. I did (I'm ashamed to say) enjoy the fight & Pepe repeatedly popping Moni into her car as she kept wanting to go after Frida again. I also liked that the Fresa got the better of the Naca. BUT I'm not liking the snobbism with which Moni keeps referring to Frida. She's right to be angry about the poaching of her man -- but I don't like the way she looks down on Frida's origins. Not to mention that I also HATE her new "luke."

I also am bored by the Pancho/Rebe love scenes -- but I liked the Mayan Riviera promo scenes.

Ezra -- my favorite comment from your recap was "(my money is on this turning into an itty-bitty love triangle, like the rest of Temo's family)." So true, so true.

Güera
 

Thanks, Ezra!

I have to ask, what the hell happened in France? Moni has not been herself ever since she came back. (And I am not referring to her hair.) She didn't used to be so... angry. Or when she was angry, this is not the way she handled it. So I don't know if that's a plot point or if it's just inconsistent characterization for story convenience.

Not that I'm happy with Pepe either, but I think he's just exhibiting his usual cluelessness in terms of being oblivious to the things that could legitimately make a woman jealous.
 

Mil gracias, Ezra! I always enjoy your perspective.

It's too bad Frida didn't pull Moni's ugly wig off in that fight. Pepe's no saint himself at the moment, but he should walk away from both of them. Frida's the worst, though. She DELIBERATELY caused problems in an existing relationship and took advantage of Pepe at every opportunity. I still want her to end up happy (mostly because I like the actress so much, probably) but she needs to have a good long think about what she has done.

So, is Arnoldo actually bisexual but in denial about this? Or does he just have so many raging hormones all dressed up with no place to go by now that anything looks good, even a guy he's never even liked?
 

Cheryl:

OT
You are so right about the cunning of foxes and coyotes. We had a coyote den on our property in Oregon and several the neighborhood dogs were lulled into playing with the baby coyotes. Later one of the dogs was killed and one injured by the same wild animals. Cute? Absolutely. Wild? Absolutely.

Vivi: The fight was just too shaming for two grown women. Ya,basta! It seemed totally out of character for Moni. Frida wasn't playing by the rules but Pepe really exacerbated the situation with his ambivalence.

Conejita: Sounds like Playa del Carmen is lovely.

EJ
 

I loved the scenery shots from the Riviera Maya, but the only good thing about the Pancho/Rebe lurve scenes IMO is that they gave me time to look up vocab. I've got a fishing boatload from the last week or so (no cartoon hearts amongst the catch).

rascarse la barriga - to waste time, laze around

dar cuello - to murder

foca - seal (the animal)

dobladillo - hem

más larga que las Cuaresma - seems like forever (lit. longer than Lent)

corbata de moño - bowtie

estar muy al lote - to be careless and sloppy

mandar fruta - to fake it, BS, babble on just to talk

agandallarse - to swipe, snarf up

al perro más flaco se le cargan las pulgas - you get kicked while you're down (the skinniest dog gets fleas)

hacer cachirulos - to cheat

¡Vete a la porra! - go to hell!

desvalijar - to ransack, raid

cenefo - crematorium

tinterillo - pencil pusher

el que se quemó con leche, hasta al jocoque le sopla - one who's had a terrible experience is much more cautious (lit. he who's been burned by milk even blows on jocoque (a sour milk drink, maybe like kefir?, served cold).)

abollado - dented

AND, Chela said the cute phrase that's on the CC main page!

cada chango a su mecate - mind your own knitting (every monkey back to his vine)
 

That should be just la Cuaresma, not las.
 

I was amazed that Pina, Freddy, and even Kari seemed to be helping with the actual move. I would have thought they would wait until a professional interior designer had the new place all fixed up, then have the movers deal with everything and send Ado over to unpack, and then Pina would drive over carrying nothing but her handbag. But she was in sweats and even seemed to have a smudge or two of grime.

I wonder if she'll keep the same sofa situation, with pillows to throw?
 

I don't like fighting of any kind but I was rooting for Frieda to yank off Moni's hideous wig! Now we know why the phone calls from France only showed her mouth and eyes. They were waiting to surprise us with this ugly wig!

The Mayan Riviera starts at Playa del Carmen and extends down to Tulum. Great area to visit!
 

Fabulous vocab list Julia. Thanks.
 

I thought Frida was going to throw the green spinach shake at Moni or dump it on her head. But she just threw it on the ground before going after Moni.
 

Ezra, fab recap.

I confess I enjoy a good catfight, but having it the same night as dealing with the violence against poor Nayeli got me off-balance. Since Moni's return, she and Pepe haven't clicked with me as couple. Agree with all that she needs to lose the new hair. Pepe did need to set Frida straight, but quitting his job because of his girlfriend makes him look real lame.

Loved the Riviera Maya scenes. Just wish Pancho and Rebe had stayed out of the frame.
 

I wonder if Violenta had Moni lobotomized while they were at the clinic. Maybe the wig is to hide the scar. Or some sort of medieval shock therapy or something. She has not been the same since...her snobbery has been amped up and she's lost all the warmth and humor she once had.
 

Julia- Is your new photo in honor of spring?
 

My new photo is in honor of El Talismán and zebra-print EVERYTHING.
 

It might be a little hard to tell that the petals on those "daisies" are zebra-print, but they are. Also, they are as tall as I am. I saw them at Hobby Lobby, which is a giant craft and hobby store yet resembles a zebra feedlot/tannery.
 

Giant zebra print daisies! LOL!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder