Friday, April 27, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #225-226 Thu 4/26/12 Felices fiestas y festering infeliz.


*Telecom, Monterrey. Smoke wafting off the midnight oil*
Enzo: Why is this so hard? I thought mastering the telecom industry would be easy.
Haydee: You can do it!

*Casa Lopez. Twinkly*
Sebastián: Why was Pina so wretched before?
Pancho and Rebe: The devil made her do it. Let us catch you up on the history of Vice.
Seb: Well, I think she’s a real cutie patootie.
P&R: You should be cutie patooties together. Bring her to our posada. You’re part of the family now.

*Ana’s room. Calmly angsty*
Ana: Freddy’s so tempting again after the letter. That guy knows his way around a printer! Swoon! But if I wait for him to grow up, will I still be interested in a hot romance? I’ll probably be dominating the nursing home bingo games by then.
Lupita: What about bachelor number two?
Ana: Oh, yeah, he’s worn me down. If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one who won’t go away. But…I love Freddy.

*Casa Lopez. Pensive*
Tomas is shellshocked, remembering killing Napo, with a haunted expression.
Lupita: Yoo-hoo. Anybody home?
Tomas: I killed him.
Lupita: Qué?!
Ana: Who cares? He was a skunk.
Tom: Still! I never killed anyone before.
Lupita: Better him than you. Why don’t you take a nice safe security job at Avon, where they stick to embezzling and sexual harassment?
Tom: With my looks, I’m safer battling gangsters.

*Telephony. Cautious and sensitive*
Enzo: Wow, unbelievable about Napo. I’m too exhausted to get worked up, though. Sure you’re all okay?
Chela: Totally fine, aside from the arctic chill in the house. Bummer that you’re so overwhelmed you don’t even sleep, but can you swing by halfway across the country tonight for the party?
Enzo: (Are you freaking kidding me?) Um, I don’t know. Running a telecom is hard when you don’t know anything about telecoms.

*Avon. Schemy*
Jimena: Are you sure?
Auditricks: Yep. Everything’s ready.

*Pina’s office. Totally harshing her mellow*
Pina: Orchids from mi nuevo amors! Life is a gift, and so am I with all my bows.
Kari: Pina! Help me! Your bad kid won’t play with me anymore, and after we bumped little cars and everything! Make him!
Pina: Sorry, sweetcakes. No can do.
Kari: But I have blue eyes! And fancy family names!
Pina: He loves you not, Daisy Duke.

*Avon lair de Vice. Antagonistic*
Isabella : Thanks to you I’m fired, jerk! Are you happy?
Vice: I’ll be happier when no place in the world will hire you! Wait, I know this place where you can grope skeevy dudes for money. Shall I write you a recommendation?
Isa: SMACK! You slimeball! Defaming me just because you didn’t get away with your shady deeds?!
Vice: It’s your own fault you were getting it on with the prez.
Isa: Liar liar pants on fire! I can’t prove it, though. You’ve won. I’ll go away and stand in line for charity bread. Just admit to me that you fabricated this.
Vice: I admit Pancho is the most upstanding of all the standing-uppiest, and he would never do such a thing, and also that I don’t pay my taxes.
Isa: Thank you ever so much, unkind sir, for your cooperation.

*Casa Lopez patio. Increasingly bedazzled*
Freddy: Here, Abeja. Enjoy your romance, even though your puppies seem to have gone missing. ‘Sup, Temo?
Temo: Big party tonight! You should come!
Freddy: Wasn’t invited.
Temo: Adrian’s coming with his cute daughters. Meli who?

*Avon. Victorious*
Isa: Ha! Got his confession on a recording!
Jimena: Hee hee! Now what?
Isa: Give him a taste of his own medicine. Newspaper ink, that is.

*Pancho’s office. Getting’ stuff done…for once*
Pancho: Let’s throw a huge fun Christmas party for all the employees. I’ll be Santa Claus and hand out gifts, therefore making myself the star of the show. But you and Freddy get to do all the work.
Arnold, glumly: Okay.
Pancho: What’s wrong? Why won’t you tell me all your secrets?
Arni: Hola, Crazy Candy, and au revoir.
Candy: Pancho! Eek! Tomás killed Napo last night! And Vicente was willing to take a bullet for me!
Pancho: Whoa. How can he be so sweet to you, and such a low-down rotten nasty crook otherwise?

*Casa Lopez. Trying to muster cheer*
Tomás: I’m too traumatized to sleep. Let’s help decorate.
Ana and Lupita: Whee! Yes! You probably won’t die decorating!
Rebe: What’s wrong, Mr. Inspector Detector Hotness Projector?
Tom: I feel terrible, like maybe there’s something else I could have done.
Rebe: There wasn’t. You had to save yourself and Candy and Vice.
Tom: Yeah, but I feel bad about making Lupita worry, especially after the tragedy with Alex. But this is my calling.
Rebe: It’s too much to process all at once. Give it time. I recommend decoration therapy. It’s working for me.

*Arnoldo’s office. Traumadrama*
Arnoldo: I must focus intensely on this boring image of whatever on my screen. It’s super important. I am so busy.
Barb: Yoo-hooo!!! How do you not notice me when I’m draped across your desk like it’s a piano in a sultry jazz lounge? Look into my seductive eyes!
Arnoldo: I’m too ashamed. I did a bad, bad thing. I helped Vice frame Isabella.
Barb: Well, that killed my mood. You should feel terrible! You should have seen Rebe when she saw the article!
Arnoldo: I am tormented! Why haven’t you ditched me yet?
Rebe: I want to help. But first, how about you demonstrate the curriculum of the Arnoldo School of Kissing?

*Vice’s office. But more like bad kid in principal’s office*
Candy: Boo! How can you do this to my family? More importantly, how is your smear campaign going to tweak the holiday vibe at the family partay?
Vice: I can’t help it! I hate Pancho!
Candy: Well, okey dokey then. I’m not with the gondoliers right now, so anything you do is okay.

*Pina’s office. Love is in the air. Or maybe Step Sexy. No, love*
Sebastián: Wanna go to the Lopez shindig with me?
Pina: Sure. But I have to warn you, even New Pina still hates Candy. I will never get over that, ever. So we shall snub her.
Seb: Gotcha. I totally understand.

*Bethlehem/North Pole/Club Lopez. Festive, obvio*
This party is so happenin’, they even have a choir to sing while they set up and prep the food! I’m a little miffed I wasn’t invited. It looks awesome. Finally, it is night and the party is underway, band, dancing, fires, sparklers, food galore.

Chela: Boo. Enzo is too busy working to have fun partying and getting married.
Pancho: Give the dude a break.

Jimena: It worked! Isa got it all recorded!
Rebe: Yay! Problem solved!
Jimena: It’ll be in the paper tomorrow!
Rebe: WHAT?! She was just supposed to give it to your boss!

Candy: What’s up with you two?
Arnoldo and Barb: EVERYTHING, Candy. Everything, ifyouknowwhatimean.

Fernanda: Sebastián, you seem awesome.
Pancho: Yeah, he is. It’s great to have one person at Avon who works.

Ketita: You two are so cute! When’s the wedding?
Chacho and Sandra: Maybe after we have a baby.
Ketita: What? No, you should get married first.

Pancho: Oh goody, a microphone in my hand. These fools are never smart enough to hide it, and I love making long boring speeches and cackling with amplification. Everyone cheer for Tomás!

*Bar Bohemio. Not bohemian*
Freddy: Moms is totally fine with my declaration of independence.
Vice: No way. Pina isn’t like that.
Freddy: She’s way better now (that she isn’t around you). Plus, she has a hot new suitor.
Vice: NO!
Freddy: Say, I heard about the bad bad thing you did.
Vice: I hate Pancho.
Freddy: Well, I don’t care for Candy.
Vice: Guess what happened last night. I’ll catch you up, since you still haven’t heard even though no one around here does anything but gossip.

*Back to party*
Some singing tradition that goes on forever. But lo! Pepe and Moni have arrived! Long time, no see. Then, piñata time! I love this. It reminds me of my family’s parties. Except we let the kids go first and we don’t make out over the spoils.
Enzo arrives while the party is winding down and Doc Oc is saying he’s going to be in a drug trial.

*Elsewhere in house. Disappointment*
Ana: Here, barnacle. Torture yourself by reading this lurve note from my other lurver. It made me swoon, by the way.
Adrián: Grr. What about me?
Ana: Dunno.
Adrián: Eternal stalking it is, then.

*Candyland. Aka the mile high club*
Pants-free Pilot Candy: Fasten your seat belt and get that tray table in an upright position. You’re in for some turbulence. Thank you for flying Candy Air.

*Casa Lopez nursery. Lovey-dovey*
Pancho: Wow, what a nursery. You certainly decorated it with all sorts of décor. Let’s shop for more stuff.

*Candyquarium. Not too unlike the vibe Vice used to have at breakfast with Pina and Freddy*
Candy: Buenos días, mi amor! Here is your breakfast and newspaper!
Vice: Argh!

*Avon. Annoyed*
Pancho: Crap. Isn’t there any other news? Why is this the whole front page? Isa, what were you thinking? Share price will drop!
Isa: Sniff. Sorry.
Pancho: Oh, all is forgiven. Let’s get all up close and personal.
Isa: You’re the best. Too bad you’re taken; you would have been the love of my life.
Pancho: Ack. Well, good luck with everything.
Isa: SMOOCH! Wait, no! Uh, bye!

*Pina’s office. Sweet*
Pina makes plans on phone to see Meli at Christmas.
Pina: Sebi! I get to see my precious Meli Amors! Can you go with me?
Seb: Sorry, have to work since I’m the only one who does.
Pina: I’ll miss you!
Seb: I love you!

*Arnoldo’s office*
Pina: Freddy, wanna go see Meli?
Freddy: Can’t; I have to move.
Pina: Okay. Hugs all around!

*Avon. Confrontational*
Jimena: Pay up or you’ll be embargoed, Vice. Also, your accounts have been frozen.
Vice: This is all el verdulero’s fault!
Jimena: No, it’s yours. All you have to do to fix it is pay what you owe.

*Avon plant. Festive, in a cheaper less decorated fashion*
Pancho: Pancho Claus has arrived, ho ho ho! Presents for all the factory workers’ kids!
Seb: Whadda guy.
Pancho: If Pina’s gone, you must spend Christmas with us!
Vice: Santy Claus! You’re a mean one, mister Grinch! Who are you, elf?
Seb: Sebastián Bravo.
Vice: Pina’s…   … !!!
Everyone: Yes!
Vice: Tantrum! I’m leaving!
Seb: Did he seem jealous?

*Arnoldo’s office. Gossipy*
Arni: So, did the card work?
Freddy: Too soon to tell. Why?
Arni: Did you know I gave Ana kissing lessons so she could snag you? So I’m totally involved in your relationship!
Fred: Eek.
Arnoldo: Well, it worked.
Freddy: Did it ever.

Recapper out of steam. Condensing now.

Enzo is  really busy and Vice is mad and wants his attention and a huge loan.

Jimena meets Sebastián and is smitten.

Rebe invites her parents to her baby shower the next day. Not sure why they’re having it so soon, during the holidays, when the babies aren’t due for months. Something is up with MamaRebe and Rebe is worried.

Candy dresses like Wilma Flintstone and gossips with Arnoldo about her bedtime dressup games. They’re going to make a sexy calendar for Vice. Barb is annoyed that he hugs Candy so tightly.

Tomás is still out of sorts. Pancho claims he doesn’t like to meddle in people’s lives (ha!), but he’s worried about Lupita so he’d be happier if Tom worked at Avon. Tom understands, but believes in what he’s doing. He mentions he could have taken the money Salomé offered and lived a life of luxury with Lupita. Pancho is proud of him for doing the right thing.

Chela tries to sell Moni on having a baby. Moni isn’t ready yet.

Pancho and Vice fight, zzzzzzz. Pancho reminds Vice that officers who are in trouble with the law are suspended from their jobs. Candy disrupts their fight with Lucy Ricardo sobbing.

Freddy and Adrián both arrive at the house with flowers for Ana. We get some cockfight footage, just so it’s clear. They have words. And then they have a knock-down, drag-out fight. Ana, Rebe, and Chucha break it up and send them away.

Barb doesn’t want Arnoldo hugging anyone but her. Claro. Raimundo walks in as Arni and Barb are in deep liplock and he faints. When he recovers, Rai claims he and Arnoldo are an item and Barb faints.

Tomás, the newest newbie who doesn’t follow basic safety precautions, gets put in charge of some rescue mission.

Freddy moves into his new place and invites Pepe and Moni over. They’re stunned he isn’t living with Mommy anymore.

Vice cries to Arnoldo about his woes. They blame Pancho.

Candy cries to Chela and Rebe about Vice’s woes. They are sympathetic and try not to trash Vice.

Freddy tells Pepe and Moni about the fight and that he broke up with Kari. Are Kari and Moni not friends anymore? How does she not already know about this?

Adrián the leech is still clinging to Ana and claiming she’s being unfair although she’s always been honest with him and he only got as far as he did by being a pest until she gave up. Stop dithering and ditch him, Ana.

Raimundo demands an explanation from Arnoldo. Arnoldo gives it in heterovoz. Rai is distraught.

Pepe and Moni cross paths with Adrián in the driveway and note his bad mood.

Oh, hey, Candy has an even more Wilma Flintstoneish outfit. Vice’s ardor seems to be frozen along with his assets, though. He’d rather whine and blame Pancho. Candy doesn’t like this. Vice demands she choose sides.

Why is this show not over? These double episodes are too much.

Lupita and Tomás are still at odds over his dangerous work. Lupita cries about his new assignment but agrees to be supportive. The music is rather too dramatic for my liking. Upstairs, she disrupts another boring rehash of Ana’s love life with her crying. Temo joins and they all pillow fight.

Enzo arrives home all tired and Chela insists on giving him a foot massage. Enzo snuggles the baby. That baby is my favorite character right now. He cries less than the rest of them.

Candy cries to Pancho and Rebe. Pancho tells her to side with her husband.

The polis go on their dangerous operation to rescue a guy from a remote cabin. Lupita prays. She’s still sleeping in Ana’s bed. Did her room get turned into the nursery or something? The op is a success. Tom’s poli buddy thinks he’s a superstar. Tom calls Lupita and she’s relieved.

Baby shower. Good grief. Will this episode never end? This is the third party. Rebe’s mother has arrived.

Candy is in yet another Wilma Flintstone outfit and massaging Vice’s feet.

Enzo wisely opts to skip the baby shower, but unwisely lets Vice into the house for a chat. He tells Vice his problems are his own fault. Temo is sent to summon them to the party. Someone push that kid in the well.

MamaRebe tells Rebe she and pops are bankrupt and left with nothing.

Fin, por fin.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh my Julia..one of your best.

"why is this show not over?" Indeed. And it even ran about 10 minutes over its already too-long two hour time slot.

Other favorite lines (among a gazillion)

"dominating the nursing home bingo game by then."
"Most upstanding of all the standing-uppiest"
Pants-Free Pilot Candy.....get ready for some turbulence"
"Recapper out of steam. Condensing now."

Yes yes yes...you guys are the hard-workingest of all the hard-working recappers. And sooo funny.

I'm ready to stash Pancho in a time capsule and send him into outer space. His beady vacant eyes, and shrieking crazy clown voice are the absolute worst.

But he's brought out the best in all you desperate recappers. Thanks for efforts above and beyond.
 

Julia- You deserve a special prize for this recap. Not only was it superb, but SURPRISE, you just recapped THREE episodes! Really. I looked up the episodes. This was three episodes combined. There were no repeats from the previous night, there were hardly any commercials, and it went on for nearly an extra 15 minutes. (I'm sure they probably cut some party stuff too.) No wonder it felt like the neverending episode. By doing this, there are now exactly 4 weeks left of double episodes. The show should end on a Friday four weeks from now (end of May).

Fun party. I'm curious about the tradition of the song that the people outside the door with the nativity and the people inside the house on the other side of the door sing. Anyone know more about this tradition? Kind of unfair for the adults to get to beat the pinata and not not let the kids have at it. They totally let Doc Oc easily break it open.

I just don't understand why Vince thinks he can break the law, get away with it, and has the right to be mad at everyone else when they call him on it. But I understand even less why Candy would want to be with a man/child like that.

Arnold's love life is getting very complicated. Will Barb and Ray fight each other for Arnie's love?

I could not stop laughing when they showed two cocks fighting before Freddy and Adrian starting brawling.

Ketita finally says what we've all been thinking. Sandy and Chacho should get married before popping out babies. They looked at her like this was a totally novel idea. LOL!
 

Julia you have outdone yourself! This was too funny. Loved these lines:
Inspector Detector Hotness Projector (Hot Tomas)
Cirriculum of Arnaldo School of Kissing (Fred even remembered Ana
and the improved kissing)
Flying Candy Air too funny

Alot of this episode was so funny. Rai fainting, Barb fainting and the cock fight. Too funny.

Agree with Vivi about Vins. He has always gotten away with everything and now he can't understand why he can't. I don't get why Candy wants to be with him either.

Pina has changed. I am really liking her with Sebasi and she is finally enjoying herself. I am glad she didn't help Kari. What was up with Kari? Freddy told her he didn't love her, but she runs to Pina? I think she is going to be a stalker like Adrian. She just won't let go

Vivi- I liked that traditon of people in the house and outside with the manager and the singing. I've seen this in another TN before but didn't know what it was either.
 

Julia thanks for your recap. I don't know if I was tired when I realized this but Pancho is as annoying as you describe him. Also I felt for you last night; I wasn't recapping and I said out loud, when will this be over. And now Vivi tells us it was three episodes. Thanks for taking one for the team indeed.
 

Wow missed this one last night, all I can say is thank you Julia!
 

Julia thanks for your recap. I don't know if I was tired when I realized this but Pancho is as annoying as you describe him. Also I felt for you last night; I wasn't recapping and I said out loud, when will this be over. And now Vivi tells us it was three episodes. Thanks for taking one for the team indeed.
 

Here's a link about the posada song.

I really enjoyed the party, but then the show kept going and going and going. THREE episodes?! No wonder it took forever. I thought I was being really slow. And there was way too much Vicente having the same tantrum over and over. I'm sick of him.

I love the "what is wrong with you?" expression Sebastian keeps making at Pancho.
 

OMG Julia, screamingly funny. It was another one of your dialogue-recaps that finally hooked me on this show. I'm glad that the calculations show we have another month to go, now that I'm finally getting some of the jokes.
 

Oh, here's a nice write-up on the Posadas tradition. They used to do this in Southern California, too.

http://gomexico.about.com/od/festivalsholidays/a/posadas.htm
 

Hey Vivi, tell us about the Bday crab feast.....inquiring minds want to know.
Where did you go, and were the crabs good?

Another four weeks of this TN...whew!!!
Unless they roll out more amazons, I will just read this blog to keep up.....

JudyB, I see a couple of your Buckeyes went in the first round last night......congratulations.
 

JudyB.....sorry no Buckeyes went last night, maybe tonight.
 

Another record-breaking recap, Julia. Thanks! (I hope that's the last TRIPLE anyone ever has to recap!)

I wondered about Kari and Moni's friendship too. Kari used to be a sane and sensible girl - in fact, she's the one who persuaded Moni to give Pepe a chance. But ever since she bought into Pina's obsession with social classes and blue eyes, she's been a total idiot. Maybe Moni reached a point where Frida was actually better company than Kari.

I vaguely remember reading about the posada tradition in my high school Spanish class... but did not even recognize it when I finally saw it 20-somethingcoughcough years later.
 

Yes Anon#1....First time in many years, perhaps ever? that a Buckeye hasn't gone in the first round. But last year was a very strange year.
 

Anon#1– My mom, aunt and I decided to go fancy and combine yummy/fancy crab cakes with art and culture. We went to Gertrude’s Restaurant, which is in the Baltimore Museum of Art. A perfect combination and a great activity for a rainy afternoon. Many thanks to you and everyone for the nice birthday wishes!
 

Julia, This is a masterpiece and great sacrifice at the same time. I have been swamped with photo exhibition prep so have watched the epis late each night on tape but now am enjoying this with morning coffee before going off for the day and still there is last nights epi to go. OMGawd it seemed like 5 episodes. Thanks for the info on the end of our torture Vivi.

Your take on this silly end pieces was so hilarious, Julia. The best stuff has been quoted but ready for turbulence and inspector with hawtness projector and his self knowledge that he is too good looking for boring work. All of us agree that Vice is a pain in the pattutti. I have been a stanch pro-Pancho fan but sheeesh he is boring me silly and the dumb plot details are so unnecessary so they can parade more stars across the scenes.
A treat next Monday for you faithful ones: JP Cruzer has agreed to give us another of his fine renderings of the mayhem as I get ready to hang the next exhibition for May 5 & 6. My pueblo's art studio tour, wish you could all drop by for a laugh and even a wine tasting as I will be in the Corrales Winery: photography, painting, wine tasting and views of the mountains beyond the vine covered field. Think about it!
 

Cheryl, if I could go, I definitely would. Wine and fine photography among the mountains would be a disorienting but welcome break from my daily madness of sitting in a windowless area while being thrown under a bus by the very people I'm supposed to be helping. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?)

Your, JP's, and everyone else's recaps are also a welcome relief from my daily madness. I won't miss the two-hour installments, but I WILL miss the Lopez family and our little gang here when this silly circus is finished. (Of course we'll have a different circus and a new gang, and maybe it will be just as fun, but it won't be quite the same!)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder