Thursday, May 17, 2012

El Talismán #77 Thu 5/17/12 Yakety-Yak (Don't Talk Back!)


Apartamento Manuel:

Manuel and Angel are having a product placement pizza party. Manuel runs through all the tenses in Spanish 102, telling Angel that he has always loved, still loves, and will continue to love María. Angel replies that he just wants his Mom to be happy and not suffer, and if Manuel can do that for her, he is perfectly happy to trade his endorsement for a large thin-crust with jalapeños. Guau, that was easy. I predict a run on Domino’s by slightly creepy lovelorn middle-aged guys.

Apartamento María:

The Nájeras are all standing around in a medium state of friqueando when Antonio bursts in and kicks it up a notch. Two rules, he says! First, you can’t tell Pedro I forced you to marry me! Second, you have to pretend you love me! Camila and Army put up some token resistance, but clearly they don’t have a thought between them. Tony tells Camila he’s tired of fighting fair. Camila points out that he doesn’t know the meaning of fighting fair, which is true but not helpful.

Elvira starts squealing and stamping her paws, and Tony tells her to STFU. I realize at this moment that I actually like him more than I like her, which is scary. We made a deal, Antonio shouts, so it’s time for you to deliver the goods! I have sunk costs! Camila is horrified to realize that her mother has literally sold her to the highest bidder.

Antonio bashes out with as much grace as he bashed in, and the siblings confront their mother: now you've ruined both of our lives! Elvira protests tearfully that she was just trying to do what was best for Camila – she wanted to find her a good husband. The kids aren’t buying this, but they’re still too stupid to think of a way out, so Camila announces that she’ll go through with the wedding but hopes her mother is wracked with guilt for the rest of her life over what she’s done. Yeah, good luck with that.

Police Station:

Pedro’s mournful lawyer gets him out on bail, but I can’t follow the conversation because Rosemary’s got me fixated on the guard’s nightstick. He really does seem to have quite a lively relationship with it. Anyway, on his way out Pedro runs into the social worker, who tells him that even though he’s free, he’s still not going to make it to the top of the foster-parent list. Against her better judgment, she lets him meet with Santiago to say goodbye. When Pedro sadly informs the little moppet that he can’t come back to El Tal, Santiago calls him a lying liar who lies and says he never wants to see him again, ever. Maybe we can get Shirley Temple to play him in the movie.

El Tal:

Mariana drops by to see if Camila can come out and play some more of those fun memory games, but Camila’s not home, so the Padre takes her up to her old room instead. She heads right for the haunted suitcase and starts fondling the baby clothes. She has a really creepy flashback of a faceless Gregorio kicking her on the floor and goes into medium-high friqueando mode. Padre just watches.

Just then Pedro arrives and thinks it’s a good idea to sneak up silently behind her and try to “comfort” her, which of course scares the quesadillas out of her. He’s lucky she doesn’t bite his nose off. Poor Mariana ends up curled into a gibbering ball on the bed, repeating my baby, no, make him go away, my baby, etc. Unfortunately, once she comes around she loses that memory, too, so we’re really no forwarder than we were before.

The Only Psychiatrists’ Office in Fresno:

Manuel reports to María that her son told him to make her happy, so they now have no choice but to become novios. She seems to agree. It really was that easy! More pizza!

He’s draping himself across the desk like Marlene Dietrich when his phone rings. It’s Pedro, saying he’d better come over to El Tal and get Friqui Mariana, who’s having a wicked bad day. Saved by the bell! I was afraid he was going to start singing.

El Traz:

Everybody gathers back at the family homestead for a big ol’ threat-swap.  Tony tells Doris to pack her bags and get out before the weekend. Doris tells Tony he’s not the boss of her. The Pig tells Doris that she is forbidden to leave without informing him. Tony tells Fabi that it’s Stepmama Camila or the highway. Fabi says she’ll go pack. Flo freaks.

Avances:

Pedro brings Camila flowers, and she tells him they’re through. OH GOD NOT AGAIN.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh Blue you are too funny. When you get home, ditch the soda and have a big glass of cognac. You are going to need it for this epi. Sorry you have to recap it.
 

Speaking of cognac... a college friend and I didn't want to give guys our real names when we went out to dance clubs. We said we were sisters named Brittany (her) and Brandy (me) Bubbles, making our dad Mr. Bubbles. Anyway, when I told one guy my name was Brandy his (unsuccessful) pick up line was "Baby, you're so fine your mother should have named you Cognac". Lol. That was in 1980 and I still think it's a hoot!
 

Ha ha, R la O. Reminds me of a time in the early 80s when I had a corporate job, and a friend and I went to one of those ghastly training seminars where they make you wear nametags. We decided to be Doris Day and Jane Fonda, and that livened things up considerably.

Madelaine, I will take your advice and have my apéretif *before* recapping.
 

Were you Doris Day or Jane Fonda?

The last name tag I wore stated my name as Rosemary Raspberry. What's wrong with us?
 

I was Jane, of course. When I lived in Spain, I used to wear tinted aviator glasses and boys used to point to me and say, "Yenfonda! Yenfonda!"
 

Blue Lass, whatever you do, don't speed on the way home.

Today I noticed that Antonio has an amazing way of making "I love you" sound like a threat.

Yenfona, funny! We eagerly await your recap of today's episode.
 

Oh man, I just finished watching this episode. Blue Lass, definitely pour yourself a glass of something. Or box of chocolates. Or both.
 

Right. No speeding! I am kicking myself.

I was figuring Jane, although you are a mix of both of them. Doris for her love of animals and Jane for wearing that Barbarella outfit whenever you go grocery shopping.
 

R la O, I shop in Fresno. Nobody looks at me twice.

OK; it's up! Whew. Now I need ANOTHER drink.
 

Blue thanks for this recap. While I love the recappers and commenters, I just don't want to endure Cami's fake marriage to the Beltbuckle (I'll guess the FF button will be my best friend). I just feel we are regressing back to the really bad writing from the early days of this show. So after this "marriage" will Pedro go back to Lucrazy. Please NO.

I'm also vexed that the few family members who think rationally, Tia Maria and Angel, are kept out of the loop. The only hope I can hold onto in that they will realize something is strange in Fresno (again).
 

Blue Lass, killer recap. Thank you for dealing with Mariana's nightmarish flashback so succinctly.

I know what you mean about the nightstick. Thanks to R la O I've also been a bit obsessed about it.

Best Blue Lass quote of the day: "Maybe we can get Shirley Temple to play him in the movie."

C'mon Camila, you're not really going to marry the belt buckle are you? Do you really think mom will be wracked with guilt? Because I don't. She's only temporarily diverted from El Cheque. As soon as you get married it's going to be ¿Dónde está mi cheque?

Thanks Blue Lass. I hope you enjoyed recapping this because I enjoyed myself thoroughly!
 

Oh, and I love the title! Just brilliant.
 

Oh, Blue Lass you so nailed this. I loved the title. The best line was draping himself over the desk like Marlene Dietrich. That was so good. I was sorry you had to go thru that beating scene again. I thought we were done with that. I guess we will be seeing it again until she gets her memory back.

Poor Santiago, he had such faith. Now not so much. I hope there is a way maybe Mariana can get him out of there at some point.

That Beltbuckle is so despicable way more than he was before. I think between Doris and the Pig, Maria and Angel this wedding of the Beltbuckle's won't go thru. Especially if Tia Maria finds out what the hell the Gasbag did. Note to Tonio- If this marriage in fact takes place I hope that everytime you get near your disgusted wife I hope she kicks you in the avacadoes everytime you try something. I hope they shrivel and dry up to be the size of raisins and are non functional. Sorry had to rant, I feel so much better now.

I liked how Manuel is getting to know Angel. I wondered why he ordered pizza, now I know why. Try to bribe the son lol. But Angel is smart, and does seem to like Manuel as long as he doesn't hurt his Mama.

Cap'n I agree with you. She will be looking for EL CHEQUE as soon as she can. If Cameela has to marry that Beltbuckle her source of dinero will be dried up.

Oh, and Blue Lass I should have suggested a digestivo instead of the cognac but I didn't want to give too much away. Branc Menta in Italy is a wonderful one.
 

Blue - you *always* make me laugh!
-"Happy to trade his endorsement for a large thin crust with jalapenos"
-Santiago played by Shirley Temple
-"lying liar who lies"
-"More pizza!"
-"OH GOD NOT AGAIN"
-"big ol' threat swap"

Fun fun fun!

Karen - You really are right how nutso this can get. But, for me, the laughs far outweigh the lunacy. Actually I guess I laugh at the lunacy. I say "Hang in There", only 444 more episodes and they'll be done filming, so only 555 more to watch. We need your support. Evidently there are lots of Caray support groups going on and you are an integral member. I have been invited to join the Speeding Recappers Group. We call ourselves SuRGe. Feel free to join us. Every leap day - Fresno City Hall. Sandy from TN is President.

R la O
 

Oh! AND I forgot to tell you guys that in my Sunday paper, in the political comics, was one of Mitt Romney with a "Raisin' Heck" tattoo! LOL
 

And one more thing, a pregunta... Does Fabi know that the Cameela she despises but hasn't met is Armando's sister?

Oh my goodness... I just got ANELWAD for my word verification! Who says they aren't good anymore?
 

Clarification to my monologue:
Not that ANELWADS are good, I was referring to the word verification. Better specify that.
 

RlaO you are too funny, lol. Yes, Army told her he is Camella's brother. When she found out he was also seeing Flor. He told everything especially when Fabi was ranting and raving about that bruja Cameela trying to marry the Beltbuckle. He set her straight and told her Cameela only loves Pedro.
 

Very, Very Funny.

I still say she will pull an "Eva Luna" on wedding day. Since some of you said you have not seen Eva, I will leave it there. Well let me put it this way I'm hoping this TN does that. I had a chance to FF yesterday's episode, and am upset that I did not catch the guard and his nightstick. Hopefully someone else will be in jail next week and I can see it.

Loved the Marlene Dietrich scene, so appropriate.

But in advances, didn't Elvira come charging out to tell Pedro Cam is marrying Beltbuckle?

I have to ask is this a new trend that now a female in the "good" girl's household is bad - Elvira here, Tia Mentirosa in LQNPA?
 

Blue Lass - I forgot to add that your title was brilliant and had that song in my head all day.

R la O - Do you do comedy in your spare time (just 444 more episodes to go)? I can't leave you guys; your comments have been and continue to be the best thing about this mess. And honestly from time to time I get a laugh. But hopefully Nellie is right about the "Eva Luna" wedding day (that was fun). Or if it goes though perhaps Madelaine's wishes will come true.

Nellie - Though it can depend on the TN, the heroine can live with someone who is very bad (even murderously bad). The current 9 pm TN (Abismo de Pasion) has the heroine living with a father and step-mother from Hades.
 

Hi y'all I just saw the epi today and we are in Ultimos Capitulos. I was shocked not even Utimos Semanas. I guess they decided to cut this one short, due to the writing probably and the actors not being happy. I hope they come to a good conclusion with this one.
 

QUE QUE QUE???
 

Madelaine thank you. I had heard it was going to be CUT in a big way, but had not seen any news on it, so I am not surprised. I think the behind the scenes action would make for a future good TN, since Univision seems to need ideas.

I had a clue when Tonio said we are getting married this weekend, I wondered what could be next, surely your heroine would not sleep with the evil Beltbuckle!

BTW, what happened to Elvira's husband? Did she ever get divorced, did he ever file the lawsuit against Tonio? What happened there, one minute he's there next he doesn't exist. I'm still waiting for any kind of funeral or service for the Aunt.
 

SNORT!!! O. M. Gee. Does this mean we have to give up our masks, throwing booze around the house, and screaming "MI CHEQUE! DONDE ESTA MI CHEQUE??" to the solicitors that show up at our doors? Golly, I hope not.

Nellie, maybe Tia Patty and Claudio's services will be rolled up in one big El Talisman burial.
 

Oh Cap'n you are too funny. I was laughing so hard. I will never ever forget the Virus' yelling about Donde ES MI CHEQUE lol. I will kind of miss her character, she was soooo over the top. And the mask and the booze lol. I'd give up the mask but not the booze. We will need it as the end is near. lol.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder