Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #263 Wed 5/23/12 Oh yeah, some stuff happened.


Well friends, here we are! The final episode begins with a tiresome hour of replays, which I did not feel guilty about skipping.

Violenta preps her goons for a little home invasion. They get the drop on the Lopez' police detail, tie them up with cheap packing tape and proceed to crash the Lopez family gathering. When they get in, they tie up the maid with the same tape, and Violeta has her men collect everyone's phones. Pancho is funny when it's turn - he just pulls one crumpled kleenex after another out of his pocket!

Wicked-Schizo-Amazon-Barbie wants Pancho to decide which Lopez will die first. But before this evil scheme can play itself out, she hears one of the upstairs babies on the monitor... She threatens everyone, leaves the rest of the family downstairs with Samuel (Flunkie #1), and takes Rebe and Flunkie #2 upstairs to the nursery. She seizes the nearest baby and begins to shake it menacingly, but she has a moment of doubt snaps back into only-slightly-crazy Amazon Barbie... the two barbies struggle inside her head, and Rebe gets the baby back. Then bad-mamazon comes back and grabs the other baby.

Downstairs, Ana tries to bribe the mercenaries, buying the boys enough time to punch them into submission. They all grab guns and rush upstairs, sneaking around like secret agents or something. Pancho sneaks into the nursery and disarms the last guard. Then he kicks the gun away, but it goes off! That's what he gets for trying to act like Bond. Violenta inches towards the window and raises the baby girl. Amusingly, she doesn't actually get the baby to the window. She's holding the baby 5 feet up (maybe more, given those heels) and everyone is terrified. Monica gets in a tearful plea, from one "mother to another," telling her that time in Paris was unforgettable(yeah, getting a bad hairdo while your mom buys poison, what great time that must have been!). Nonetheless, Violeta gives up the baby and hugs her daughter.

Tomas leads a team of cops to the casa Lopez (it seems like he's in charge of absolutely everything the police do...), and arrests Violeta, who is cradling an imaginary baby. Tomas says she had seduced a French scientist to get the poison, and now she will spend the rest of her days locked up. She says "I doubt it, siempre salgo con lo mio." And poisons herself.

Enzo is much relieved to hear his health is better, and we get another PSA about eating less fat. Enzo gets the doctor to say that sex is perfectly OK. Chela is embarrassed. Hahaha. In the bedroom, Chela looks a little nervous as Enzo swings on a vine in a loincloth and beats his chest.

Arnold "baby" gets into Ray's car for their date. Basically, the story is that he's confused. I'll say! Going from closeted-sex (tee-hee) with Barbs to a dude with a purple silk scarf around his neck in just a few short episodes... Then he is treated to a weird and awful karaoke serenade at this gay bar/club/restaurant. This is basically all the closure we get on Arnold in this finale.

Pina has recovered completely and is busily flipping a few shits about her wedding. See, her wedding planner has been preoccupied lately. Wonder why?

Tomas, now in his capacity as head-of-missing-persons-department (man, they fast-tracked him, from prisoner to boss of police in a few months), lets Freddy know that Vins has not been spotted. They found the car but not the guy.

Cut to a park where Vins appears to have stolen an outfit from a homeless man (as in, not what he was wearing when his bender began) and grown 2 inches of beard overnight. He now has a following of two filthy dogs.

Candi is ready to be a nun, she just has one great work left to do. Sister Superior (rolling her eyes at Candi's zeal) sends her off in a van to put blankets on homeless guys in a park. She happens to be putting a blanket on Vins and begins to recognize him. He looks up and sees an angel. "I'm dead, you're an angel." She thinks she's crazy and runs away to the convent.

Adoracion won't leave Sebs and Pina alone. She's enamored of the two, particularly Sebastian, and won't leave them in peace. He gives in and lets her see pictures of the wedding plan.

Also, has anyone read all of the things on Ado's "o my go" shirt?

Tomas proposes to Lupita. These proposal scenes are really all starting to seem the same.

Fred is worrying about Vins, but Pina thinks Vins just used his money to disappear.

There've been so many weddings in this show that they skip the lead up and jump right to the chase: all of a sudden, an awesome-looking Pina is walking down the aisle with Sebastian and getting interrupted by Vicente (who read about the wedding in the newspaper he was using as a blanket.

Needless to say, no one is happy to see him. Sebastian calls him "piltrafa" (a scrap, a skinny piece of meat that is little more than skin). Someone asks where he'd been and he says "I went on vacation in the street." Says Pancho: "Why don't you go home, clean up, and go to some institution that can help you." "Your beard is dirtier than your clothes." "It's all your fault, Pancho." "I'll go, but give me back my bottle!" He dissolves into a sobbing puddle of nenenenes...

Once he leaves, they try to get the wedding back on track.The judge, in a trendy cap, tries to get out a song, but everyone has had enough nonsense and they finish the wedding.

Melly's back, and the dog is in a tux! Sickening sappiness! I barf a little when the dogs start talking.

But Vins didn't go to Rehab! He went back to the park and the boozing. Guess someone should have kept an eye on him.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much Ezra for this great part one of the finale. Loved Enzzo and his try at Tarzan, it was too funny! I laughed till I cried.

I actually felt sorry for Vice. He has gone as low as he can go. Just too sad. I don't like anything he's done to the Lopez', but still feel sorry for him.

Glad Viletta is gone. Oh, she was horrible! I was afraid she would drop that baby. I like the way Ana handled that gun. She should be a cop in her next TN. Thank you for this great last recap of this TN Ezra.
 

Oh and loved Pina's wedding too. I liked that Mely Amors came back, and Temo asks her to marry him when they are old enough, so cute. Loved the dogs talking they are so cute. Telling each other they loved each other. too cute.
 

Love the dogs, too. They're just adorable.

There is a family in my neighborhood with exactly this pair of dogs, so I wonder...

Violenta was truly scary; I was wondering where they were going with this. Her suicide did the next few generations a big favor.
 

Thanks Ezra, Great part I of the finale. It was fun being on team Familia with you. Your take on the silliness is just right. I howled at Enzo's Tarzan stunts while fearing he would really hurt himself with missing the bed too many times.

Talking dogs not so much but I did love Pina's wedding dress and this wedding had better food and entertainment.

Vins is sad and pathetic but needs to be spanked or something and only Candi could do that well since Pina isn't interested any more. Bye bye Violeta. I was not amused by the baby shaking scene. Glad she had a little venom left in that ring doing us all a great favor. I was kind of hoping it would turn out that she was not really Moni's bio-Mommy and Moni could stop worrying about becoming a heartless Mom herself.
 

Thanks for your recap Ezra and yesterday's as well. You and the team of recappers have been outstanding especially in light of Uni's insanity with 2 hours (sometimes more) of madness.

I loved Pina's wedding and the dogs. So glad Violence is gone. And though I felt sorry for Vice, he got off easy (no jail time even).
 

Ezra, thanks for your final brilliant recap of Una Familia con Dos Horas Cada Noche. Your recaps were always a joy to read.

Oh My Go, Enzo as Tarzan was amazing! I was laughing through his entire scene. Who cares if it was silly? Not me! The look on Chela's face was a scream. Dang, he's got a bod.
 

A couple of interesting things in this part.
First of all, there was a scene that was skipped regarding the recap. It was the scene in Pancho's office where a lady or an Avon rep came to visit Pancho. Pancho thanked her for her great work and service to the company.
This scene probably meant absolutely nothing to anyone on this team, but it represents an inconsistency on Univision's part.

You see, this lady who played Mimi is Pati Navidad. She stars in the new series along with Lucero and Jaime Camil called "Por Ella Soy Eva." It is the show that actually followed "Una Familia Con Suerte" in Mexico.
Also, during the wedding, Sebastian's surprise was to have a famous singer there named Diego Verdaguer. He's from Argentina but is well known in Mexico, Latin America, and the US. He's married to Amanda Miguel, and if anyone here listens to Spanish music, then you'll know who both of these folks are.
Anyway, just thought you'd enjoy these bits of trivia.
Good being a guest recapper for this show. I'm one who actually enjoyed the two hour shows because it was a great way to unwind after long days of work.
 

Hi JP cruzer, thanks for the info on the guests. I like Pati Navidad a lot. She was great on LFMB. I couldn't figure out what in the heck she was doing in Pancho's office though.
 

Thanks so much Ezra for giving us such a wonderful final recap and doing double duty again this week.

This first hour was a crazy one. I was really proud of the way all the Lopez pulled together to take down the bad guys. The baby scene with Violenta was stressfull, and I think Mayrin/Rebe did a good job holding it together while also showing great fear for her babies. A fall from Violenta's towering heights would not have been good. I did notice that during that scene both babies seemed to become mesmerized by Violenta and fell asleep! Must have been nap time for them when they filmed that scene.

I felt most sorry for Moni. Her only biological family is now dead. But it's actually for the best.

The Tarzan scene was hysterical. I could not stop laughing. Little Paquito must be very entertained by mommy and daddy's antics from his perch in the crib. Maybe they should have let us know what he was thinking like they did with the twins at the end.
 

Great recap. I'm glad I did not need my tissues last night.

JPcruzer, thank you, I was wondering what that scene was all about. I am sure this actress also worked with our Pancho on Zacatillo, which was on during the day. She had black hair in Zacatillo.

I had my eyes closed when Violenta was holding the baby, but once over, I laughed. Has anyone seen the Brady Bunch movie when Jan is hearing voices and then Florence Henderson tells her to snap out of it, I thought for sure that Rebe was going to say the same thing.

Love Enzo, he can be everyone's Tarzan!!!

Like how show ended with how it began with a person dangling off a bridge.

I don't know who that character was that was with Adoracion? Must have missed out. The only pre thing I knew was that Adoracion would have a boyfriend by the end, and I was hoping Fernando Colunga would have done a cameo. That would have been a hoot. Oh to dream.
 

Nellie, YOU should be writing these telenovelas! FC at the end for Adoracion's boyfriend would have been the funniest cameo ever. I would tell you that they are desperate for good writers over at El Talisman, but since they are ending that show prematurely, well, never mind about that. Great idea though.
 

Thank you, Ezra! I always enjoy your recaps so much. You have the most hilarious little comments. "Sickening sappiness" etc.

It was nice to see Meli Amors and Ramona Amors again. I always liked that little Ramona.

I'll vote AGAINST talking dogs; never cared for that. I also hate it when the cast is doing a big public concert on the show, or the whole town crowds outside the church at a wedding, when the characters are not supposed to be super famous. It takes me out of the fantasy of the alternate universe.

I love the idea of FC for Ado's happily ever after. But I'm glad she found someone she was happy with, even if he wasn't TBLMOE.

JP, thanks for the extra information. You always know so much useful background information. That scene makes more sense now. I was completely confused as to why Paty Navidad would show up for such a random bit part.
 

Ezra, great work. There was more stuff happening in the one hour you covered than in most of the doubles.

JP, thanks for the info about the Mimi scene. I was happy to see Paty Navidad, but her scene seemed really random!

Julia, I don't mind those big public finale scenes; when a long-running story comes to an end, I actually appreciate being yanked halfway back into reality. It's sort of like cleansing my mental palate. However, I'll second (or triple!) your suggestion to ban talking dogs forever. (And babies, for that matter.)

For Ado, I would have liked FC as a new novio, but mostly I'm just glad that Bignose didn't come back.
 

Ezra, thanks a bunch. My favorite line: "...yeah, getting a bad hairdo while your mom buys poison, what a great time that must've been!"

I too felt sorry for Vince, the skunk. But now he's hanging with mixed breeds so I guess he's repenting. I remember when he use to look down on Popeye as a dog without papers.

Fernando Colunga as Ado's guy would've been too funny. At first I didn't even recognize Ado, with her hair hanging down and that guy hanging off of her.

Enzo as Tarzan, yes!

JP, thanks for the info about Pati Navidad. I was hoping they would follow up UFCS with Por Ella Soy Eva because I want to watch another comedy TN, but no.

When I watched the first hour of clips, I realized Pancho had no gray hair when the show started.
 

Wow Ezra. Almost missed this...thought Melinama's recap was the whole enchilada.

I think this one was your best. Snappy and witty from the first word to the very last. A chip off the old block and then some.

Hope you and Mom can relax a little now that this infernal marathon is over. We will miss your skillful writing though.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder