Thursday, June 28, 2012

Abismo de pasión #76 6/27/12: Neither rain, nor snow, nor heat, nor technical difficulty stays our recappers

Recap by Marta Ivett

Well, EJ wasn't kidding about Super Marta. Due to technical difficulties she wrote her recap in the "comments" section for Tuesday's recap. Wow.


part 1
Oh ‘happy day’! Or is it?… is there such a term in Elisa’s dictionary? … Real feelings come out in the open… seems some took another dose of truth/memory serum…
Alt title: Gael starts his way back to his old self… sort of.


Replays:
Alfie/Guido.. Guido impactado at how controlling Alfie is… (man, read between the lines and start running!! MOOOOVE!!!)

Augie/Carmeany… you are just angry, you are getting close to her to get back at me… guess again, if it suits you to believe that, go ahead... what bothers you is that I was unfaithful… what bothers me is you lied to me for so long (me viste la cara por tanto tiempo) … you are treating me like trash, what about you and Kenya?... the difference is we never got anywhere. For several reasons… for our marriage? … in part, but also for Estefania, the love I felt for her is as strong as the hatred and deception I feel now.

Lo Nuevo:
Augie/Carmeany (Cont’d).. And no matter how much you try, you will never top that. I would not be surprised you also boiked Rosie. no wonder you hated him, he exchanged you in the end for your sister. She was more discrete. I only found out about one lover of hers, unlike you… shut up!… you are the worst of ho__s and I must win the TOP IMBECILE of all men award, for having fallen in love with Stefie and then for marrying her sister, who turned out worse than her. But congrats, you surpassed Stefie in everything… except in the feelings she inspired in me (in how much ‘me movio el piso’).

Back to Arango cabins… Alfie impressed that Guido wanted to re-hire Paolo at procesa. Do as you want. I trust you completely…. Don’t know why you didn’t let Flo leave… I know what she means to you. … the fact you prevented Flo from leaving makes me feel like she and I are caught in Hotel California (like your prisoners (BINGO!!))… I don’t want you to feel obligated to be here in any way… I was not planning to leave you… (BAD CHOICE!) … thank you for being the friend I need…
(Inmundo and Quike arrive, not exactly in mood for joining a tea party)… Inmu wants to talk to Fina alone… she summons him to her office/study. .. what happened to you? … don’t fake it, my friendship with Augie was ruined because you butt-ed in my business… you deserve it for having boinked his wife, don’t you think?... maybe that is the same way you felt about your own husband and her(Carmeany), then you want to be my wife’s friend. I don’t appreciate you wanting to befriend my family and then backstabbing them. Neither you or Guido had reason to fire Kike. He won’t accept his severance pay. I will sue your rear end instead. … jaja! those lawsuits take long and are expensive. I would suggest you accept that money… I know my surname is not as powerful as yours, but what good is yours to you Alfie? My family has been able to remain together, how about yours? As soon as your son finds out about your ‘deeds’ he will leave you just like Rosie did (man, that deflated Botox Queen’s face)… get outahere!!!…
Alfie/Guido.. Guido impactado at how controlling Alfie is… (man, read between the lines and start running!! MOOOOVE!!!)

Augie/Carmeany… you are just angry, you are getting close to her to get back at me… guess again, if it suits you to believe that, go ahead... what bothers you is that I was unfaithful… what bothers me is you lied to me for so long (me viste la cara por tanto tiempo) … you are treating me like trash, what about you and Kenya?... the difference is we never got anywhere. For several reasons… for our marriage? … in part, but also for Estefania, the love I felt for her is as strong as the hatred and deception I feel now.

Lo Nuevo:
Augie/Carmeany (Cont’d).. And no matter how much you try, you will never top that. I would not be surprised you also boiked Rosie. no wonder you hated him, he exchanged you in the end for your sister. She was more discrete. I only found out about one lover of hers, unlike you… shut up!… you are the worst of ho__s and I must win the TOP IMBECILE of all men award, for having fallen in love with Stefie and then for marrying her sister, who turned out worse than her. But congrats, you surpassed Stefie in everything… except in the feelings she inspired in me (in how much ‘me movio el piso’).

Back to Arango cabins… Alfie impressed that Guido wanted to re-hire Paolo at procesa. Do as you want. I trust you completely…. Don’t know why you didn’t let Flo leave… I know what she means to you. … the fact you prevented Flo from leaving makes me feel like she and I are caught in Hotel California (like your prisoners (BINGO!!))… I don’t want you to feel obligated to be here in any way… I was not planning to leave you… (BAD CHOICE!) … thank you for being the friend I need…
(Inmundo and Quike arrive, not exactly in mood for joining a tea party)… Inmu wants to talk to Fina alone… she summons him to her office/study. .. what happened to you? … don’t fake it, my friendship with Augie was ruined because you butt-ed in my business… you deserve it for having boinked his wife, don’t you think?... maybe that is the same way you felt about your own husband and her(Carmeany), then you want to be my wife’s friend. I don’t appreciate you wanting to befriend my family and then backstabbing them. Neither you or Guido had reason to fire Kike. He won’t accept his severance pay. I will sue your rear end instead. … jaja! those lawsuits take long and are expensive. I would suggest you accept that money… I know my surname is not as powerful as yours, but what good is yours to you Alfie? My family has been able to remain together, how about yours? As soon as your son finds out about your ‘deeds’ he will leave you just like Rosie did (man, that deflated Botox Queen’s face)… get outahere!!!…

part 2
At Harango outdoor deck… Kike finds Flo alone and depressed…
What are you doin’ here?... for my disgrace I am still here for Lord knows how long… (poor man, I can see him smiling from the outside in.. fool!) the fact that you are here makes it worth it… you should not be with me, if Alfie finds out we will all be in trouble… your dad fired me from the procesa… (Inmundo comes out and barks at kike to follow him home)

At Castigo cabins…
Elisa looking at mommy/nanny’s picture. Paloma arrives for a visit… u crying? (no, really?? Lets see a show of hands, who is surprised??...) I found out Dam came to ask for your hand in marriage. You should be super happy. Why aren’t you? (Elisa cries even more). Looks more like this is a big issue for you, what is up?... please don’t tell anyone, but I have to tell someone or I will bust, and you are like my sis. (wait for it… wait for it… have to cry a couple more tears first before I tell the secret…) I can get my dad’s love but I have to chose between him and Damian. (sacrificial Martyr no. 1 of the evening)

At Harango cabins… Guido at Flo’s room. She asks him why fire Kike, he shrugs shoulders. After all those speeches/lectures, you sold yourself to Alfie too. Alfie did this to punish Kike for having related to me. She wants to keep him away from me while I am here… did you decide to stay for Kike?... why did you ask Alfie for so much money? Did you really lose all our money?... yup, we are flat broke, but I will get back up as I have always… I will please Alfie in everything she wants no matter how unhappy she makes me. Neither of us are made to live in misery. (sacrificial Martyr no. 2 of the evening)

Dam in room, Gael arrives. Gael much calmer now (Phew! Good start…) Gael apologizes for amulet, even if its maybe too late, but we are brothers and I don’t want us to be distant… That was your own doing. Ever since I arrived you have put that wall between us… well yes, It hurts that Elisa loves you and you love her. I am still processing that and even though this is no excuse, I only ask for time and patience. … I understand, and even if you don’t believe it, It hurts to see you like this. And about the amulet, don’t worry. I am so glad I got it back anyway!! … (happy hug)… be careful with Augie, I don’t think it will be so easy to get him to agree to let you marry his daughter. I don’t think he can change. I don’t blame you for being with Elisa, you never stole her from me, she was never meant for me anyway. .. (Gael happily kicks Dam out to go visit Elisa/Augie, but then sits down very sad puppy-ish)…
(here, here come to mama sweetheart, let me cuddle you. I can’t say my boobies are not as big but after 3 daughters, several step grandchildren and a grandson they are comfy…).

(CB 1)

part 3

Dam visits Lupe (or should I see flash Gordon dressed as Dam whips by Lupe)
Flash greeting/handshake…
What is up with your rushing around all the time? … please forgive me… let me speak to you a few min. why are you running around?... yesterday I asked for Elisa’s hand and Don Augie is giving me the answer today… (happy) now I get it! (hug) I am so glad Augie finally is putting his daughter’s happiness first in his priorities and putting aside the rencors of the past. But What are you still doing here? Go on!

At Casa Tov…
BegoneYa wants the 2 hour debriefing (as compared to the 2 minute version) of what happened with Alfie… Inmundo has to shut her up… she swears she will back him up no matter what he said… Inmundo questions Kike about his relationship with Flo having to do with him being fired. Course Not, it was more like he did not like the way I posed/smelled/walked/leaned (you fill in the blanks)…

Back to Castigo cabins with Elisa and Pal.
Pal sad for Elisa, does not want to see Elisa leave town. You are my only friend. I love you so much…. And I love you, but it is about my dad, you know how much he means to me… I know, if I had the chance to see my mom again or meet my dad, I would do same as you (is it me or are we getting too mellow here?)… remember you can’t talk to anyone about this, not even Gael… I won’t tell anyone, not even my grandma (you better control that tongue of yours, girl!!).. (door bell rings)… Pal opens, it is Dam. Hugs and kisses Elisa. Augie comes out of his study… summons Dam to the study. Elisa cries nervous.
‘Dam does not deserve it…’ .. (PLEEZE!!! SPARE ME YOUR TEARS!! U Should ask yourself WHY AM I DOING THIS TO HIM, TO MYSELF, TO EVERYONE AT LA ERMITA, TO OUR AUDIENCE (or whats left of it)!’ but hey… don’t look at me, don’t think I care that much about you and Dam anymore… sad to say,
I already said my final goodbyes to your table about 3 eps ago…)

In Castigo rec room… Dam/Augie
Still don’t have an answer for you, the request has to go to Congress, then approved by the FDA, the DAV and VET depts., then will need to give you a background check, just to make sure…… I don’t get what you have to think about so much. I am willing to do anything you ask to show you can trust me… I will put you to a test drive for a while… how long? All I want is for Elisa to marry me… I can’t accept yet that Elisa did fall for precisely the son of the man that hurt me so much… Elisa and I love each other (if you don’t mind me saying this Dam, your chances look bleak to me from this angle)… then you should be confident. I will trust you. I will trust that you won’t do anything crazy or steal her away. Show me you love her, show me you are going to play straight. During this time I expect you to respect Elisa… I assure you I am incapable of disrespecting her… please Dam, we are men, sometimes we lose our heads and break the moral barrier(thank goodness not all men are created equal, dumb a__, but then I digress.. .who knows how Dam will react to the Alfie/Flo/Paolo plan in the works). But I warn you, I get Elisa married in white or I don’t let her marry at all. Don’t pressure me. Do I count on you? (this whole plot is getting pretty pathetic. End of discussion)

part 4

Two weeks later…
The butchery locale is ready for opening. Looks pretty impressive from outside. Seems Gael and Dam have been doing volunteer work there. Gael with ponytail and all. White tees get a bit dirty when you do hard work, don’t they?.. Gael and Dam say they are both doing it for Dolores, they both care about her very much. But hurry up and get ready for the wedding… Horacio leaves, Gael asks Dam if Augie gave him an answer yet… not yet… if he is still giving you the runaround, I don’t think he will want you to be his son in law, you better get used to the idea he won’t let you marry Elisa.

At Harango deck kitchen, Braulio and Tona argue, seems Tona thinks Braulio is miffed about Lolita getting married. Tonita says maybe if you had been invited to the wedding and you saw her get married, I would then get back the man I married…. I promise I will be that man again… I love you so much… (another pathetic scene, but anyway… they hug, here comes Chente).. Brau mentions how happily surprised he is that Chente has straightened up with schooling and worked hard at procesa… Chente wants to be somebody in life, and not stay being a servant of the Arangos forever. (talk about spoiling the moment when your parents are trying to compliment your efforts of late) Tonita yells at him…

(CB 2)

Bridal cabins… Lolita in wedding gown!! Looks pretty with yellow accents… big flower on hair, lacy veil, lacy dress.. she does look lovely. Elisa compliments her looks. Hora will go mute when he sees you. (Elisa then gets sad). Lolita notices it. Elisa really wanted for this day to arrive. Can’t help feel sad, from here on things will change… Of course not, bonita. Everything will be same. We will always be together... you deserve to be happy with Horacio, have at least 3 kids… ARE YOU NUTs? Why so many?... Yes, many! Know why I want that? So you will never feel alone… but the way you say it sounds like you are saying good bye. I will stay here working while model husband (NOT!) mans the butcher shop. I am not leaving for good, don’t cry, otherwise I will never marry. You will be godmother of all my kids… yes… I will never get away from you bonita, you have been like my daughter. Don’t cry. (oh come on Lolita, give up asking her that, please!, it is part of her nature! Elisa would not be Elisa if she were not sacrificing and crying!!)

Bridal deck foyer: Lucio/Augie
Luc: I am grateful you will give Lolita at the altar… she has been like a second mom for Elisa / I know, all my life I will be grateful to Lolita for it. / when are you two leaving?/ Tomorrow/ This town will go dry without Elisa (NO KIDDIN!!! Waterworks will suffer a dip in production volume BIG TIME!!). I christened her. Why don’t you postpone your trip? Haven’t even found a buyer for your lands or the house / It is hard to find a buyer, the few offers have been too low. / Yes, you can’t give them away too cheap, they are worth too much. / I can’t wait any longer (let me finish that sentence… stte of ‘to ruin our lives for good’).

part 5
At deck chapel, Padre is doing the last touches to the flowers… Alfie comes in. Loopy surprised to see her… Its been weeks since Dam left the hacienda, and he has not come by or tried to contact me. How is my son? .. / Not sure what you want me to say. Dam is at peace away from you. / Doesn’t he ask about his mother?? about my health? / he knows you are ok. / no I am not ok God Darn it!! The cardiologist said my b. p. is worse everyday. I pray God will let me live until Dam reconsiders and returns home to me. / when are you going to leave your pride/arrogance (soberbia) aside? It is not Dam but YOU who have to recognize all the mistakes you yourself have made, against your own son! / (enough!.. she runs out, not really wanting to hear her own conscience)

(CB 3)

Lolita so nervous.. so happy though… looks in mirror and remembers Braulio, when he proposed to her…
Carmina comes in, tries to mudd-in Lolita’s grand day.. offers her faked greeting/congratulations… Lolita fires back; since you never made it to the alter with Augie, who knows how you are feeling right about now… don’t worry, I don’t envy you, all that ceremony stuff is not my style. You will marry the man you really deserve. (ouch!! We all know the double/triple/quad meaning of that) And well, lets go… Whoa there!! of course not, you are not invited, you are not catholic, what would you go there for??… what do you mean what am I coming for? you think I will try to ruin your day? Nah, You know me. Congratulations. You look MAAAHHHVELOUS!! (Lolita stays there, not really sure what to think of this scene)… Augie comes in, in a beige suit.. says he is willing to go drag Horacio to the altar by his tie if he has weak knees… Lolita thanks him and warns him Carmeany invited herself to the ceremony, ‘she does not care for me and I am afraid what she is up to … I will control her, don’t worry’. … thank you Don Augie. And you don’t know what it means to me that I will be you to walk me to the altar. … it is my pleasure… at least this way you will practice for when the moment comes for your daughter with young Damian. I promise you there is no man who loves her as much as him… of course, ME!! her dad! (turns to Elisa… and audience wonders how long this one moment will last) Noone will love you like me… (As he leaves to get the car ready Elisa tries to smile but she feels like crying.. oh-no girl, spare me and spare Lolita please!!)… So glad for you that your dad has changed so much, reminds me of when you were little and he was so nice with you… it seems he is still making a huge effort to behave this way with me… he loves you… yes, and the most important part is that I got him back, and I won’t lose him again for anything in the world. (and some day you will question yourself as to whether it was all worth it… NOT!!)

part 6
At café/Rincon cerca del cielo, Dam, Brau and Gael are chatting at table, Brau agrees with Gael that Augie does not seem willing to hand over Elisa. Brau admits that he would like to be able to take the woman he loves and run away with her. Dam and Gael ask him to get serious, Brau can’t abandon his family like Dam’s dad did. Brau says now he understands Don Rosie, he did have co___es. Unlike me, I could not do that.
The waiter comes and brings something, sorry I missed who he was talking to when he said (they left this for you!) Gael miffed so it must have been something for Dam.

(CB 4)

Back at Castigo cabins… Carmina touching-up (ok, putting makeup on, stop thinking trashy on me now) to go to the wedding. Augie comes to ask why go to the wedding. She wants to attend to make it appear they are a stable marriage (WHO THE HECK ARE THEY KIDDIN??). … no sh__, people would understand if you don’t go. They know you are not catholic. Everyone knows you don’t like Lolita. Noone would miss you. stop the hypocrisy… hypocrisy? What is it called what you are doing with Elisa? You are playing the loving dad with her but we know you don’t love her. She is the bastard child of Rosie’s.. (he gets miffed and leaves)

At church gate, Gabin and Horacio.. with that look people would think you are decent and not the filth you are. What would people say if the Campeche police came looking for you? instead of wedding bells you would hear the sirens of the cops coming after you… it is not good for you to talk, I would take you down with me… I am not a runaway like you… you know what I mean, that woman lost her life because you ordered me to do a job… I did not order anything, you murdered Blanca. Careful how you talk to me. I own you. If you don’t want to end up locked during your honeymoon, let me remind you, you work for me!
Just then, Loopy comes to rescue Hora… he can read Gabino’s presence as nothing good. Loopy tells Gab ‘We have to talk… SERIOUSLY.

Lolita comes in in Augie’s pickup with Lucio and Elisa. Augie and Lucio leave Lolita and Elisa in truck while they check that Loopy has everything ready. Brau comes by to Lolita’s window in the truck. Brau congrats Lolita on how pretty she is. “Horacio is taking a great woman, you don’t know how much I envy him. Years ago I would have been the man marrying you.” … you left me and you forgot me… “no, I never forgot you. in all these years not a night has gone by in which I did not think of you, remembered the taste of your lips, the smell of your skin. I still love you. (awkward look on Lolita’s face)
(and we leave it there)

Prev:
Wedding ceremony begins with the party entrance, Gael and Paloma, Dam and Elisa…
Loopy: …If anyone has an impediment…
(er… Carmina walks in… voiceover: …a word from her and the wedding is… terminated!.. she makes it halfway up to the alter and stops…)
Loopy asks: do you have something to say?

Labels:


Comments:
You go, Marta! What dedication!
 

Marta, you truly are amazing. Thank you for overcoming the odds and providing this excellent and detailed recap. I thought this was a very full episode. What is it with Wednesday nights? Is it me or do they seem to pack a lot into our hump day?

I like your sacrificial martyr theme. There are an excess of those in La Ermita, and Elisa is at the head of the clas.

I loved this: "wait for it… have to cry a couple more tears first before I tell the secret…"

And this: "here come to mama sweetheart". I laughed so hard when I read that. I'm sure you are a fantastic mother, step-mom and abuela. And I'm sure you would be a fantastic adoptive mother to Gael.

Stupid, useless, Vicente! Gah, I hate that kid.

I am far from a makeup expert, so can anyone tell me why Carmina was brushing making up her nostrils? And what kind of make-up would she use anyway? Anti-blusher? It's not like she needs to rosy up her cheeks or anything.

Gosh, Lolita looked stunning. I like Braulio but it was a little unfair of him to spill his guts on her wedding day, right before she goes into the church. Dude needs to suck it up.

I might need to replace Assgusto's picture in the dartboard. It seems to be full of holes already.

Thanks Marta! This was terrific.
 

Dear Marta:

I can't believe you had technical difficulties. How crazy! What is with Blogger lately, anyway?

Great job,on the recap. You got every detail , as usual. I am with Sylvia—so much happened in this episode.

(Th-waunk. A dart hits Augusto pretty close to square in the face. EJ has spent plenty of time in the Pub playing darts.) So Augusto has just been toying with Damian for the last couple of weeks while he prepares to whisk Elisa away. And, what—(Th-waunk. Elisa gets a dart, right in the kisser. The collagen lips hold up remarkably well under pressure.)—pray tell, has the lying little vaca been saying to Damian? "Oh, Baby, Baby, I can't break Daddy's Heart"?

Capitan Sylvia, this next throw, amiga,is for you. Th-waunk. Th-waunk. Th-waunk. Vicente got one in each eye and one in the larnyx to shut him up. There. EJ wipes her hands on her jeans and daintily sips her Guinness. I feel so much better now.

Wasn't Lolita a gorgeous bride? Maybe Carmina will actually do us all a favor and kill this wedding. It could be the only good deed she ever does.

Thanks again Marta!

EJ
 

EJ, amiga, you are a Guinness drinker? Me too! I shoulda known. If I'm gonna drink beer it had better be good for me. I'm a terrible darts player but for Useless I made an exception.

My secret desire...that Lolita NOT get married to Hor. If I thought Horacio was a fantastic lover I might change my mind. Alas, I fear he is not, and Lolita would get pregnant, binding her to him forever even while he is doing jail time. Nope, I don't want to see that pairing. Th-waunk, right in Horacio's huevos. (Apologies to my gentlemen friends.)
 

Marta, amazing is right! And such a detailed, funny, insightful recap for what was an episode that almost made me want to put my fist through the TV screen.

"(here, here come to mama sweetheart, let me cuddle you." We may still have to do that arm-wrestling match for this one. he was rocking the pony-tail last night, but that white tee was a little odd.

"have to cry a couple more tears" Really. Getting.Tiring. We get it, you're sad. But have you no control so that you start ruining other people's day? Oh yeah, I forgot. It's always about you.....

If Weepsa is so worked up about giving up Dam, then rethink your options. Would it hurt more to leave daddy-dearest or Dam? Has she ANY idea of where she and deadbeat Dad would go and how they would earn an existence? Yeah, didn't think so. This is all so lame. The sheer fact that Ass is making her make this choice should get those few brain cells of hers that aren't involved in waterworks to realize conditional love like he's offering isn't the real thing. The stupidity of their thinking definitely confirms they are real father and daughter. Elisa may have mom's looks, she got Dad's brain.

As much as we want the wedding to not happen to spare out poor Lolita, I'm betting it happens and then the tragedy will play out later. Throwing Braulio's late admittance of love at least puts out to her he still loves her...she's going to need that later.

Loved Lupe putting 'sis in her place. If she catches on that perhaps Guido and Flo are conspiring to get out from under her thumb, who the blazes will she turn to? She may have to do some major sucking up with Gab again? I agree--Guido needs to leave and pronto. Living in poverty with your daughter apparently is all the rage--he can consult with Asshat on that.

Everyone stay cool today with these crazy temps!!!
 

Marta, thank you for the wonderful recap, despite the technical difficulties. I thought it was excellent. In addition to what's already been noted, my favorite line was: "Still don’t have an answer for you, the request has to go to Congress, then approved by the FDA, the DAV and VET depts., then will need to give you a background check, just to make sure". Simply great!

It might be my lingering distrust or my failure to understand exactly what was taking place but is Augusto's newfound "love" for Elisa completely false? Is it a total charade simply so she will go with him? I had thought it was somewhat heartfelt but after catching one or two of his facial expressions last night, I'm not sure.

Braulio's profession of love under any other circumstance would have been totally inappropriate. While I was OK with him doing so (simply because Lolita is walking into the fire), I still feel Tonita is getting short shrift, in spite of her intermittent shrewishness.

The sacrificial martyr theme was great as well!

And as far as Dam and Elisa go, daisy said it best: "If Weepsa is so worked up about giving up Dam, then rethink your options." Amen.

Sylvia, I cannot stand Vincente either. What a little worm!

Diana
 

Sara, if you're still rooting for Horacio, GET BACK TO THIS TABLE. I'm tired of drinking alone.
 

Blue, ROFLOL! i will come have a drink, but i doubt Hora will make it alive. i will drink on the hope that he will go with dignity, taking one or more of the nasty ones with him... maybe Hora could also be the one to beat some sense into Chente... Brau already has it against him so nothing to lose.
 

marta - thank you for the great recap in spite of rain, snow, floods, closed interstates, tropical storms and dark of night. You deliver, girl!

What is Horacio's experience as a butcher? So,,, you just open an shop and !voila! he's a butcher?!? Who is funding this fiasco? Ack.

Evilness of Carmina aside, what does it matter if a non-catholic attends Lolita's wedding? I thought it's only the communion rail where that matters...

Cap'n Sylvia - I figured Carmina was using one of those mineral foundations that get brushed on, like Bare Minerals. (I use one and really like it). There is even a 'bronzer' which Carmina probably was using to touch up her fake tan. ;-)

Diana - Remember, Tonia tricked Braulio into marrying her and thinking Vicente is his own son. This is the karmic justice.

I am so sick and tired of Augusto. He is one truly sick puppy. I want a humongous anvil to fall on him before this telenovela finishes..
 

that was me, martaivett, sorry can't sign up to google from work.
 

"Weepsa." Ha ha. Perfect.

My favorite line:

"Paloma arrives for a visit… u crying? (no, really?? Lets see a show of hands, who is surprised??...)"

You are un sueño de recapper, Marta -- such dedication, such detail, such snark! And I love the Hotel California reference -- La Ermita really is starting to seem haunted...
 

Marta you were in rare form last night! I loved all your editrial comments in parenthesis! Especially:

‘Dam does not deserve it…’ .. (PLEEZE!!! SPARE ME YOUR TEARS!! U Should ask yourself WHY AM I DOING THIS TO HIM, TO MYSELF, TO EVERYONE AT LA ERMITA, TO OUR AUDIENCE (or whats left of it)!’ but hey… don’t look at me, don’t think I care that much about you and Dam anymore… sad to say,
I already said my final goodbyes to your table about 3 eps ago…)

And the "thank God not all men are created equal dumb a**!". Hysterical!

What a creep Assgusto is "she goes to the altar in white or not at all". He is just creepier by the episode.

I am so with you Marta, I left the Elisa table 3 episodes ago. And can't believe that Paloma, who usually offers good advice when she's not flapping her gums, said "I'd do the same thing if it were my father".

I am a die hard Abismo fan but must confess I fast forwarded through half last nights episode. Partly because I k we I'd have your awesome recap, Marta!

Thanks!

Katy
 

Blue Lass, I will have a drink at Horacio's table with you too, but I also will toast that his passing (which seems inevitable), is done in some sort of noble fashion. I wish I could sit at the table, but I think Blanca's murder is unredeemable. So, I will stand. :)

Doris, if Tonia had "stolen" Brau away from Lolita, that would have been one thing. But, she didn't. She was panicked and desperate after she became pregnant. She should have told Braulio before marrying him. I think he would have married her anyway. The deception has been wrong, I totally agree. But I do feel her punishment is Vincente, a living, breathing carbon copy of the gastly Gabino. Her second is Gabino's constant presence and taunting. Finally, she knows Brau has never gotten over Lolita and she will always be second choice. She's made major mistakes but I'm not comfortable with a bad ending for her.

Diana
 

Doris, Horacio's dad was a butcher and he grew up helping him if I remember right. The money to fix up the join he secretly got from Braulio because he wants Lolita to be happy.

I'll still have a quick sip at the Horacio table Blue. I hate that Lolita is more than likely going to go thru her own quantity of tears over what she may learn, but I agree with Anon, I hold out the fact that Horacio has shown glimmers of wanting to change, of having the ability to feel guilt, and will be an instrument of someone's take down as we near the end. (Still thinking it may be Gab)

Was going to ask...is there any significance to that big necklace Lolita was wearing? It just seemed to distract from the beauty of the lace outfit to me.
 

Stuff we learned last night:

Augie & Elisa are leaving tomorrow

Elisa is not as in love with Damian as she thinks; otherwise she would tell him about Augie's plan (that's JMO)

The buzzards are circling Horacio

Lolita's foundation was a tad bit too ashy/chalky/white

Braulio wishes he could've run away with Lolita

Flor & Guido know they're screwed (Flor, tell your dad about Alfie's plan!)

Enrique & Edmundo have some measure of dignity & self-respect

Carmina is a dark vortex, determined to suck the happiness out of everyone she meets (but she did look nice in the previews though)
 

Actually, Braulio & Toña should encourage Vicente's ambition not to be slaving under the Arangos all his life. Maybe their discomfort with Vicente's putdowns about Arango slavery is touching a nerve...
 

OK, the Horacio group is officially moving to a corner of the stand-up bar to enable the quick escapes its members so desperately need. The Guinness group can have our table as soon as they decide on a character. ;}
 

Marta: Funny and witty.

I don't think Carmina will blow the whistle on Horacio in the church because she can cause more torment at Casa Castigo if she doesn't. She can torture both Horacio and Lolita with threats and innuendo. Also, if she speaks out in the church, Augusto would banish her from the quinta forever, leaving her homeless.

But, then if Augusto and Elisa leave town tomorrow, she'll get the quinta anyway - or, at least get to live in it. I think I've talked myself into a circle.

De acuerdo on Vicente. Get your GED and get lost.
 

Marta,

Thank you so much for this fabulous cruise through the cenote. The commentary alone was worth the trip. (Now I understand those rumors that "Abismo de pasión" was originally going to be called "Sea of Tsuris").

Was I the only passenger who still worried about Kenia's remains getting caught up in the propeller or something?

Sylvia and Doris, I'm fairly certain that was asbestos powder that Carmina was brushing on -- you know, to repel the flames of hell that encroach ...

Diana, Great observation about whether Augusto's new-found love for Elisa is "heartfelt". We had no reason to doubt it until a few lead-footed hints last night. (I hate when writers do this. Bah! Just sloppy work!)

As for the martyr theme, the writers clearly go for symmetry. Flor sacrifices herself for Daddy G (and her comfortable life style, of course); Elisa sacrifices herself for Daddy A (and her addiction to victimhood, of course).

About Brigadier General Alfonsina:
she bases her strategies on knowing the "punto débil" of her opponents.

She knows what Damián is like and is counting on him for at least one rebound boink for Flor when Elisa rejects him (AGAIN). Will she have Flor pumped up with hormones, super-ovulating, ready to conceive multiples so Alfie can pick the best of the litter?

She knows that once Flor has been pollinated, the romantics will cave: Dam, who lost his daddy, will not allow a child of his to be fatherless; Elisa... mother...; Lupe ... parenthood is sacred.

Alfie also knows the Landucci family can't face loss of face and loss of fortune. They prefer to sell themselves to the Black Widow rather than live modestly on earnings from, say, jobs. (I'm sure they'd have no trouble finding positions as sales clerks in a snooty boutique in the city.)

But of course Alfie can't see her own "punto débil" -- her arrogance makes her vulnerable to Carmina's BIG LIE, to Gabino's long-term blood-letting and to Paolo's plot to drive the Pro Ce into ruin and blame it all on Guido.
 

Thanks for the comment.
I am wondering when Quenia's body will pop up,or maybe she faked her death.Any idea when the story will be finished?
 

I recalculated last night and think we may run a week or two into September.
 

Anon 09:51, I also keep hoping that Kenia faked her death.
 

Marta
You are just brilliant! I love your line about Hotel California and your desire to "mother" Gael. Thank you for all the recaps. You really have been besieged by "technical difficulties" yet you continue to crank out fabulous recaps. I wish I could be so productive and cool under pressure.

Blue Lass
I will hang out with you at the bar. I am so conflicted about Horacio. He killed Blanca and yelled at Lolita, yet his remorse is so deep and heartfelt. I am hoping he gets a noble death. As for the wedding. Lolita looks just stunning. So much so that I started planning my daughter's wedding ensemble to resemble Lolita's (with red and white a la STuD instead of gold/white like Lolita... no my daughter is not getting married. I'm just wishful thinking and I digress.) Anyhoo... I am also conflicted about this wedding. I don't want Lolita married to a murderer and becoming the widow of a murderer (no matter how noble the death.) BUT I also don't want this sweet, wonderful woman's wedding day ruined.

How long are they going to keep Kenia's body under wraps? Surely we won't have to wait until the near end???
 

Wow - thanks Marta for the above-and-beyond-duty recap.

I also love the "Hotel California" reference. This plot has truly gone off it's wheels!

I absolutely ADORED Lola's traditional Mexican Wedding dress outfit even down to the huge fake flower in her hair. I assume the jewelry was also traditional. So lovely to see that and it looked great on her. I'm one who usually cringes at the elaborate TN wedding scenes (too froo-froo and boring to me - sorry), but this homage to tradition was an absolute delight.
 

I absolutely ADORED Lola's traditional Mexican Wedding dress outfit even down to the huge fake flower in her hair. I assume the jewelry was also traditional
----
I didn't hear ANY of the dialogue when Lolita was on screen. I was too busy taking in the details of the dress/look.

Mi'ja will be wearing white with red accents and silver jewelry. And a red flower. She will look lovely :-)
 

Ah, asbestos powder, that must be it. It's a special Bare Minerals Asbestos version for the concubine of Satan.

Like some of you I must admit to being baffled by some of these plot devices. They just do NOT make sense. Last night my head got a little warm because my beanie was working overtime.

Do any of us really think Carmina will allow Assgusto and Elisa to leave La Ermita? I didn't think so. And I'm cool with that because I seriously question his motives.
 

Thanks Marta, this is awesome. Next you'll be finding a way to get your recaps to us by tying tiny notes to the little legs of a fleet of messenger pigeons.

I'm truly annoyed by Augusto's lies and the way he is treating Damián but we already knew that he has problems. My real concern is Elisa. This is how she treats her one true love. ¡Por favor!

I had to chuckle at Carmina's intentional irony. She may be evil but she has a sense of humor and is never dull.

Carlos
 

Do any of us really think Carmina will allow Assgusto and Elisa to leave La Ermita? I didn't think so. And I'm cool with that because I seriously question his motives.
--
Well of course Toad and Elisa will not be taking a wild ride out of La Ermita...but how will it go down? I am worried because Lolita getting married seemed to be the cue to exit La Ermita, so I assume somehow the marriage will not happen. Does that mean Carmina ruins Lolita's wedding?
 

"I'm fairly certain that was asbestos powder that Carmina was brushing on -- you know, to repel the flames of hell that encroach ..."

Oh NM, you made my day!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Diana - you are right, Tonia is paying for her actions every day of her life.

Capn Sylvia - I forgot Brau gave the money for the butcher shop and I completely missed the part about Horacio's father having been a butcher. Thank you for clarifying, for me.

NovelaMaven - 'asbestos powder' - I love it!!!

I really like the idea that Kenia might have faked her death and hopefully will pop up - on dry land and her own two legs - to scare the bejeebers out of Carmina.
 

What an episode.

Lolita looked fabulous; it's too bad she isn't marrying Braulio instead. Horacio will meet a terrible end and she doesn't deserve the consequences of marrying this guy.

Best line: Town will go dry without Elisa.

TangelHo is a succubus. Make no mistake.
 

I really like the idea that Kenia might have faked her death and hopefully will pop up - on dry land and her own two legs - to scare the bejeebers out of Carmina.
----
Am I crazy (or stupid) for thinking that maybe the writers haven't decided about that plot line yet and they are purposely keeping things open?

I have for Kenia to be gone. If she is dead, I hope we can get some haunting. Then we get to at least see the actress again.
 

ugh. I *hate* for Kenia to be gone.
 

Oh Marta...you deserve a special commendation. Heck, we've had recappers who failed to post anything because their kid held a slumber party. Or they had the sniffles.

You have kept pumping out the recaps through a move, medical crises with your daughter and now locked out of Yahoo! Amazing. Carlos is right, carrier pigeons are next.

Love the recurring themes of Sacrificial Martyrs (these ARE morality plays by the way, however sexy)and the litany of Moooove! Also the previously noted quip of Elise losing OUR AUDIENCE (or what's left of it). Indeed.

Final delight, your offer of some comfy comforting boobs for dear Gael to rest his head upon.

What a giver you are Marta!

I'm sure he'd be happy to take you up on that offer. Who wouldn't?

We've talked before on how there are no re-takes (Elisa's boobs bumping into chair) and did anyone noticed two random people passing through the scene with Padre Lupe and Alfonsina? First a blue shirt passed by, completely obscuring Padre and sis, and then later some dude (we didn't see his head) in a white shirt passed through. They're slapping these episodes together at a great rate, methinks.

Was relieved to see that Horacio actually looked CLEAN for his nuptials and mustered up a smile or two. But can't believe the wedding will actually go through.

Novela Maven, the asbestos mineral powder quip was a hoot. With this torrid heat wave and the forest fires out West, we may all need some asbestos make-up before too long.

Thanks again, Marta. You're amazing.
 

I just read that Salvador Meh-jia is remaking La Hija del Mariachi.

I've never seen it, but I have heard many of you gush over it. I am so sorry that Meh-mia is getting his hands on it. :-(
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder