Sunday, July 01, 2012

Por ella soy Eva - English synopsis


This show is supposedly starting July 16 at 8pm, so the dreadful 2-hour Refugio marathons suffered by bloggers and fans alike are almost over. Ezra and I will be blogging this new one. Current and would-be bloggers of Refugio and/or Por Ella, leave me a comment below.

Juan Carlos Caballero (Jaime Camil), an incorrigible Don Juan, who uses women and does not believe in love, is a prominent executive in Grupo Imperio, an outstanding firm dedicated to tourist-related activities and business.

Using his famous talents as a seducer he pretends to be a businessman from abroad and tries to steal from Helena Moreno (Lucero) - a single mother and entrepreneur - her innovative project related to tourist development for a Mexican beach. Nevertheless, despite all predictions, getting to know her he finds himself in love for the first time.

Just when he's thinking of telling her the truth, he is busted and at the same time is unjustly accused of a huge fraud by the financial vice president of the company where he works. This villain is the perverse Plutarco Ramos (Marcelo Córdoba), who furthermore is the one who in reality has robbed Helena's important project and now, with the Tourism Commission, he is accusing her of stealing his idea.

Pursued by the police, Juan Carlos flees while within Grupo Imperio Plutarco decides to hire Helen to head up her own project. The young woman, unemployed and with an accusation hanging over her, feels forced to accept the post in order to demonstrate that she has been victim of fraud.

It's at this point that Juan Carlos, who is in hiding, discovers an opportunity to return in order to vindicate himself and recover Helena's love.

How to be near her without her noticing? How to figure out who unjustly accused him of this huge fraud? Juan Carlose decides, because of his love for Helena, to become Eva; in this way he will learn a lesson that changes his vision of life and his perception of women, and will become a man of integrity and power and, finally, bring him to real love.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Wow - stellar cast!!

I would love to do this, but I can't commit to anything just yet because my job situation is still complicated. But I'm going to try to watch the show and I'll let you know as soon as I can if I can grab a night.

I don't know how Camil will be with Lucero, but I know he's GREAT with Patricia Navidad. It'd be worth watching just for their scenes together.
 

I saw a few episodes when I was in PV in April. From what I saw it should be fun....Jaime Camil does a great job in "drag"....everyone can form their own opinion.
sfchicabonita
 

Thanks for posting the summary & cast already.

Como siempre, I agree with mi querida Julie - Camil with Paty Navidad is breathtaking! Sparks fly and laughs abound. Considering that the producer, Rosy Ocampo, put Paty in the role she did, I suspect she's going to give the two of them space to improvise a bit. I hope so - they make a sensational comedy team.

Of course I'll be watching and posting. (Was there any doubt?) But I'm afraid I won't be able to recap, as much as I'd love to. The last time I recapped, I neglected important obligations, and I promised myself I wouldn't let that happen again. However, I'm sure I'll be able to substitute now and then.

Does anyone know who is playing Juan Carlos's two best friends? I think one is Carlos de la Mota. Can anyone confirm? And I THINK I MIGHT have heard that the other was Camil's sidekick in Los Exitosos Perez, the little squirreley guy. If so, that'll be a lot of fun. He used to throw in zingers when you'd least expect it, and bust up all the actors in the scene. Kinda' like Sergio Meyer (Luigi) used to do in Fea, but without the aggressive edge to it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder