Friday, September 21, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #48 9/21/12: Go, Speed Racer! Go AWAY!

Eva just told everyone that Pluto is going to pay to educate of all the female employees' offspring. (But not the children of the male employees? And does this include children that haven't been conceived yet? What if someone's kid gets accepted at Harvard?) Helena now sees Pluto as a hero. Eva belatedly realizes her mistake.

Rebeca's main worry is that Pluto won't be able to buy her jewels. Pluto is now more desperate about those shares than ever. Rebeca accuses Pluto of holding out on her; she thinks maybe he's got more money than he's let on.

Samantha calls Pluto and reminds him that she's in a hurry to get that job.

Meanwhile, Helena needs a new assistant to replace Eva. Helena was hoping to get Lucia, but Adriano has already decided to hire Renato Camaro, aka Speed Racer. Eva and Helena complain because Speed Racer doesn't have any experience, but Adriano is unreceptive.

But Lucia doesn't know about any of that yet. She's trying to flirt with Speedy right now. It is a sad thing to watch. Earlier today, I voiced the theory that Lucia's problem with men is that she is always getting snockered on her dates. Well, this scene is unfortunate proof that I was wrong. She acts that way all the time. When this show began, she seemed smart and independent and resourceful. Did I miss an episode where she got hit in the head with a coconut?

Meanwhile, at home, Kevin is asking Fernando to pay for his harp lessons. Fernando makes excuses, but Marcela agrees to put up the funds.

Cindy brings Eva the financial reports she requested. Eva asks where they came from - Pluto or Accounting? Cindy says they came from Pluto. Eva asks Cindy to get them directly from Accounting.

Fernando asks Santiago for information about a prostitute. He wants to get his son hooked up! Santi scolds him.

Helena tries to tell Lucia that she's not going to be her assistant after all. Before Helena can finish her story, Lucia interrupts to gush about how it's okay because now she'll be able to work near Speed Racer. Surprise, here he is! Helena's new assistant! (Is that a new scarf?) And thus the other shoe drops. Lucia tries to be gracious about it and doesn't tell Speedy why she suddenly seems disappointed.

That night, Mimi and Eva go to the strip joint to wait for Gino, aka Max Montes. Eventually he shows up, but there's a lamprey hanging off of his face. Oops, that's Samantha! JC and Mimi realize that a connection between Samantha and Gino would explain a lot.

Sam and Gino drive off. Mimi wants to follow them, but Eva spurns this opportunity to act like an impulsive telenovela character. JC understands that Samantha is angry with him, but doesn't understand how she can be THAT mad at him. (Please tell me there isn't a JC Jr. someplace!) He has a feeling that Pluto has something to do with it, though. Mimi suggests that Eva befriend Samantha.

Helena and Silvia have tea together. Silvia asks Helena how she feels about Pluto. Helena says she likes him, but she doesn't like-him-like-him.

Adriano tells Eva she can pick out her own assistant. He also tells her to introduce Speed Racer to Fernando and Santiago. Eva warns Speedy confidentially, "I know your type" and not to mess with Helena or else. After meeting Speedy, Santi and Ferni are convinced that he's the next Juan Carlos Caballero. Ouch.

Angelica hangs out in Rebeca's office, which looks like a box of Good 'n' Plenty exploded. Angelica is asking Rebeca to get her a job here at Grupo Imperio. (Hello Rebeca, did you know that there are also tiger prints? And zebra prints? I even have a blouse that sort of looks like a giraffe print. Snakeskin is cool, too. I'm just saying you could mix it up a little.)

Eva has begun reviewing the financials. Already some of the numbers aren't looking quite right. Then Samantha shows up for her interview. She's leaving Taurus because of differences with the director. Eva grills her about her marital status. Samantha is evasive and doesn't want to answer questions about her private life. Eva asks Sam if she'd mind being her assistant. Sam says she's a manager, but sure, why not. Eva hopes they'll be great friends. Sam says perhaps they'll be great coworkers. (Honestly, even if she's up to no good, I find her professional attitude very refreshing.) Pluto comes in and is impactado. Eva notes that he and Sam seem to recognize one another, but from where? "From work," they say vaguely.

Pluto objects to Eva hiring Samantha. She's from a competitor and he heard she has no scruples. (Who'd he hear that from? Has he been talking to himself?) Eva challenges Pluto to bring his complaint to Adriano, who will dismiss it.

Angelica runs into Santiago, who tells her that they're done.

Eva goes to the restroom and overhears Rebeca taunting the blue dresses about an event that's only for salaried employees. After she leaves, Eva pops out of the stall and promises to make this right for them.

Paty and Santi talk about having a family. Santi is all misty at the thought of it.

Pluto takes Helena to lunch and shows her the plans for remodeling his house. He hints around about his loneliness. She is supportive but shows no signs of taking her blouse off for him just yet.

They get back from lunch and are accosted by Eva, who is miffed that Helena went to lunch without her. Helena tells her to back off. Eva says, "but you're like family."

Next time:
Eva reviews the company's financials and is spellbound by the fanciful fiction.

Labels:


Comments:
I did not take super-detailed notes tonight, and won't have time to rewatch until Sunday at best, so corrections and additions are welcome. (For example, I know there was a Fernando and Santiago scene that I missed completely.)

Oh, and Speed Racer expressed eagerness about the Playa Majagua project at least once tonight. It's not the first time he's mentioned it, either.

Fernando, Santiago, and JC all seem convinced that Speed Racer will be some sort of ladies' man. This was not the impression we were all kicking around this afternoon. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.
 

Thanks, Julie. Appreciate the quick recap.

"When this show began, she seemed smart and independent and resourceful. Did I miss an episode where she got hit in the head with a coconut?" You're on target with this, imo. She was a great assistant earlier and is now mostly ditzy.

Flipping channels last night, I saw Mrs. Doubtfire saying "I'm going to kill the man who invented these heels." Sounds like Eva.

Speed Racer's interest in the PM project seems very shady. His carefully folded fringed scarf is suspect as well.

La Paloma
 

There's no telling what might be concealed in that scarf!
 

Julie- thanks for the wonderful quick recap. I thought it was funny when Lucia was wearing a scarf like Renato's lol. Too funny. It was sad though she doesn't get to be Helena's assistant. That Renato is up to something! Why the interest in the Playa project, all the time? I really wonder what he is up to.

Good, that Eva and Mimi saw Max and Sammy together. Now they know there is a connection with them and maybe Pluti. I am also glad Eva got the financials from accounting, she will find some big discrepancies I am thinking. Liking how she is going to get Sammy for an assistant so she can keep an eye on her. I really hope there isn't a JC jr. either, lol.

I liked your idea of which children Pluti was going to pay for to go to school, lol. I also like how Eva is sticking up for the worker bees at G.I., I didn't like Adri's attitude about not hiring more women. I hope Eva changes him.

Rebeca will never give up on Pluti. Wait until she finds out, she isn't the one Pluti wants, but Helena. She will do something bad.


 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks for the recap, Julie! Great title! I loved the line, "Rebeca's office, which looks like a box of Good 'n' Plenty exploded."

Did you hear Angela tell Rebecca that what her office decor needs is some peluche (fleece)? My friend tells me that peluche is the quintessential symbol of naco.

And speaking of naco, was Rebecca wearing butt jewelry? In the first part of the cap, she was wearing print pants that seemed to indent in the middle, to show off her butt crack (how would you engineer pants to do that??). Later in the cap she was wearing black pants with what looked like a pendant hanging down from the waist in the back, with the pendant running down the butt crack. Yes, Rebecca trumps Ang in the battle for supreme naco.

It's getting to the point where I want to mute it every time Lucia comes on screen. It's always the same schtick, like a guitar with only one string.

 

I too loved you Good n Plenty explosion description of the office. Perfect! Also your wry observation that Helena's compassion for Pluto didn't involve taking off her blouse. Thank God.

Great recap. Just enough, clear and concise. Thanks Julie.
 

Julie - very vivid, funny recap. I loved the Good n Plenty line too.

I think Lucia's a better match with Pluto's henchman than with Speed Racer. I thought there was chemistry between the two earlier in a fleeting moment when he scambled away from her lest she remembered him snooping at Helena's business.
 

I'd been thinking all along that Lucia was destined for Santi, but now that Santi's falling in love with his prometida I'm wondering if Paty will notice the change and call off her revenge and the two will go off into the sunset.

I don't think Speed Racer is an option for Lucia no matter what his motives or orientation. Sure there's chemistry - but it's all on her side and mostly in her head!

Onesimo? Dunno... he's kind of evil for Lucia. Maybe Angelica would like him.

Paula, I'm not sure about the butt jewelry, but I know how pants can show off all the contours of the derriere. You need a knit fabric with some vertical stretch, a seam right down the middle, and a short rise (height from crotch to waist). Pull up your stretchy pants and presto, instant wedgie (and possible camel toe). This probably works better with thong underwear or less, but I've also seen full-size underwear with a vertical stretch of elastic gathering up the back for similar effect, much like you'd get from shirring in a blouse.
 

I should hasten to add that I am not a fan of that particular look, but I once owned such a pair of pants (sweatpants, maybe? Pajamas?) as a young teen. They fit just fine when I first got them; but as I, er, grew, the fit changed. It was gradual so I didn't realize right away, but eventually my mother noticed and the pants were retired!
 

Thanks for the recap, Julie!

I would hate to think of Lucia with the Onemismo guy. If it's not going to be Santi, maybe a new character will come along for her. Or maybe she'll just realize that you don't need a man to be a complete person. I don't think I've seen that theme in a TN yet, but who knows.

I think it is very possible, as do others, that Speed Racer is gay. This would continue with the plot line debunking the theory that gay guys are non-manly/non-manly stuff makes you gay.

Finally, butt crack jewelry.....! Wish I could watch that scene again!

Mil in NC
 

Mil, I think it would be a first for me too in a telenovela if Lucia were to learn that lesson... but it certainly would be refreshing.
 

OK - had a chance to rewatch this and made some additions/corrections, which are highlighted in yellow. By far the most notable things are:

1. Rebeca thinks Pluto has more money than she's told him about.

2. Fernando is desperate enough about Kevin to consider hiring a prostitute for him (I think someone here was predicting that last week!)

3. JC has already found irregularities in the accounting.

Also: I spent far more time looking at Rebeca's butt than I normally would. Rebeca was wearing a skirt both outfits, not pants. I didn't notice anything special about the print, but my picture is blurry on playback so I probably wouldn't have seen it.

With the black skirt, it appears that there is some decorative trim at the waist in the back that dips a little bit. But even with the blurry picture, I could see something catch the light. I think it's a zipper pull. Normally, skirts that typically have the zipper hidden in the seam, so you can't see it at all; the pull isn't supposed to be visible, either. But perhaps a gal like Rebeca wants to make it extra-easy to find.

Last but not least - yes, Angelica did suggest a nice plush sofa (or plush sofa cover) for Rebeca's decor.
 

Thanks, Julie. I too found the comment about Rebeca's office funny and on target.

There was an intro clip with framed snapshots shown at a rapid pace- more than one per second. I slowed it down and they were all of Lucia falling all over different guys, none of whom I recognized. I guess this is supposed to be her shtick.
 

I, too, went looking for the butt jewelry- having never heard of such a thing. I'm learning so much at Caray!
 

How many of the employees even have kids, other than Fernando and Marcela and Helena? Didn't all the moms besides Marcela get canned when Helena did, and the guys are uncommited womanizers? Or did that just apply to front-office public image people, and there are parents back in accounting and operations who will benefit? I hope there are lots of kids, and I hope they all decide to go to expensive schools. I want Pluti to pay a fortune.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder