Friday, October 12, 2012

Amor Bravío #43 (Uni 38) Thu 10/11/12 Amor con Mucho Snogging


Natalia tells them that the dead guy's name is Julian Hernandez and he's been staying at her mom's hostel. The cops say she has to come down and give a statement, as does Camila…and Rodolfo. Alfonso is trying to glom onto Camila, but she makes it clear she doesn't want or need him around. The other maid asks Piedad why she's so upset. Piedad says she feels nauseous and goes to make a tea.

Rich bitch tells her parents she hasn’t been able to hook the big fish, despite her best efforts. "And I really, really liiiiike him." Her dad tries to get her to agree to leave, but she's determined to stay and keep making futile passes at Pablo. I guess she likes a challenge. Papi says he'll talk to Pablo's dad. Mami approves of her daughter's determination.

Papi tells Cayetano that he only told a half-truth…his sister is sick, but that's not why they left Ileana at the ranch. "I apologize for abusing your confidence. I was desperate! I'm broke and the business I do with you is the only one still going. Please don't tell my daughter! That's why I've kept her away from us." Cayetano agrees that Ileana can stay there as long as she likes.

Luzma contemplates slitting her wrists by the shores of the lake,
but she throws the knife in instead.

Agustina tells Dionisio about the dead guy and the cops being there. He says he'll be right over and calls D'Andres. He plays dumb, asking if Julian called in. Dionisio says nope, Julian's dead, so he needs D'Andres to go through his pockets and look for loose change, as it were.

Vivi and Rafa meet up with Camila in town. Alonso is still trying to stick to her, but she brushes him off. She's going to stay in town with Vivi and Rafa and she sends Natalia back with Rodolfo. She's worried about missing her meeting with Daniel, but Rafa says he'll send him an email and Daniel will understand.

Luzma goes back to the house and sees everyone running around. She asks what's going on, but the ranch hand tells her to go ask her mother--he doesn't want to be accused of gossiping.

In the kitchen, Piedad asks Leoncio (pedazo de mierda) why he wanted her to keep quiet. She thought for a minute it was Fidencio, but then she realized it wasn't when she heard Natalia say it was Julian. Fidencio and Julian were twins. Piedad feels like she has to tell Camila that she knew the man, but Leoncio (vil manipulador) tells her that if she does that the cops will think she did it. The scumbag was mumbling so I didn't quite follow his logic, but something about him being the brother of the guy who knocked her up, so that could look like the motive. Luzma hears the bit about the dead guy being her father's brother.

Irene sees Pablo in town. He's picking up the paperwork he needs to get enrolled in college in the US. She begs him not to leave Luzma alone. "She's the one who left me!" Irene says not only did she not get married, but she's not talking to her friends and she quit school. That gives her the idea that something more is wrong. "If you still love her, don't go, not without finding out why she's changed so much."

Leoncio (piche bastardo) has convinced Piedad, who is now nervous about the cops finding out about the connection between her and the dead guy. "Then just keep your mouth shut, that's what's best for you." She wonders if it's really best for her, or best for HIM…"After all, maybe you killed him. You carry a gun." She's upset that now she'll never know why Julian was there…if maybe he came to tell her something about Fidencio. Luzma is still listening as Leoncio (que se muere aplastado por un manada de toros) mocks her mother, calling her stupid for daring to think that about the guy who knocked her up and ruined her live, and Luzma's. She hears him starting to leave the kitchen, so she runs off.

In town, the cops have pulled up to the hostal. D'Andres calls Dionisio to tell him he can't get in and get Julian's stuff since the cops are already there. Awww…too bad!

Leoncio (maldito borracho) swigs form his bottle and decides someone must have seen him kill Julian and called the cops. He ponders who it might have been. He mostly suspects Andres, since Andres wasn't around when the cops came. But, then, he probably also suspects Andres of causing global warming…except he probably still believes the earth is flat, so the concept of global warming might be a bit beyond his grasp. He pulls out Julian's cell phone and a piece of paper and starts writing something down.

Cayetano tells Yago and Mariano that Alberto is broke and needs to keep Ileana from finding out. He also promised him that they'd give her a job so she'd stay. Yago doesn't think the pampered princess is capable of doing anything helpful. Even Mariano agrees, but in the interest of supporting Alberto, he'll think of something. Yago is suspicious about Alberto not saying something earlier.

Down at the po-po, Alonso takes a call from Dionisio, who is frantic that if they find Julian's cell phone, they'll see his number on it. Alonso tells him to stay calm.

Rafa hasn't gotten a response from Daniel, which is making Camila very nervous. Vivi reassures her. Camila tells Vivi that all the boys are sniffing after her now…Rafael is declaring his love, Andres is decorating her cabin with sunflowers and stars and sappy love notes.

Dionisio tells Jimena, Isadora, and Agustina that everyone's still in town, making their declarations. A lot of talk about how they need to beef up security. Ximena raises Dionisio's suspicious by pointing out that Camila sounded so convinced that Daniel wasn't behind the murder that she sounds like she's talking about someone she knows instead of a stranger. Dionisio suspects that Camila has met Daniel and he convinced her of his innocence. Jimena agrees with Dionisio.

Leoncio (ignorante bruto) brings Piedad what he copied from the phone for her to read. She has to sound it out, but that's better than he can manage. "Missed Call, Dionisio."

Camila thanks Rafa and Vivi for being there for her. They offer her a ride back to the ranch, but she refuses, and desperate, delusional Alonso says he'll take her, but she says that won't be necessary. She'll go back with Rodolfo. Natalia gets permission to stay in town and tells Rodolfo she'll see him tomorrow. Alonso goes to his car in a snit and, thankfully, leaves.

D'Andres drives the truck out to where Julian left his car and carefully (using a hankie to keep from touching anything) checks inside. He finds nothing and calls the cops to report an abandoned car. Dare we hope Julian rented it using a charge card issued to Dionisio's Evil Empire Inc.?

Luzma pulls out an old love note from Pablo.

Pablo pulls out a picture of Luzma.

They both remember deciding to elope, meeting in the woods, snogging. Pablo wipes away a tear.

Daniel reschedules the meeting with Camila for the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow is the tribute for Don Daniel and he wants her to be able to enjoy it. Aaron thinks that Rafa needs to stop thinking that he still might have a chance with Camila. He hints rather heavily that instead of mooning after Camila, Rafa needs to wake up and smell the hottie right in front of him. (That would be Vivi…I don't think anyone but Aaron realizes that, though.)

D'Andres goes to Camila's cabin to see if she's doing ok. He says he'd die if anything happened to her. Camila gets all weepy saying a lot of people would be glad if something happened to her. D'Andres tells her it would be a privilege to live the rest of his life with her. Camila sobs, asking about his gesture and whether what he wrote in his note is true. D'Andres says it's true and he loves her more than anyone or anything in the world. Camila sobs that she loves him to. And…cue snogging! (Mr. 5ft: "I hope his wife is really dead." Yeah, it would suck for her to wake up and think he just ditched her and hooked up with his cousin while she was lying in a coma.)

Leoncio (ese porquería de hombre) is visited by the ghosts of murders past…Fidencio and Julian. He yells at them until they go away.

We now return you to your snogging in progress. D'Andres and Camila come up for air. Camila laughs at how she tried to avoid falling in love with him, but he wouldn't let her. D'Andres says he didn't expect to fall in love with her because... he didn't think she could look at someone like him…"Cause I'm a cowboy, a chauffeur." Camila says no, the only problem is that she's married. "Just on paper." She did think it would be forever, but, well…. Camila wants to do things right. She doesn't want obstacles. She's meeting with a lawyer on Monday. She does want a relationship with him, but she wants to be free. D'Andres says that gives him time to clear up some things about his past for her. And then they snog…that doesn't look much like taking time to clear things up. Just saying.

Luzma leaves her room.

Pablo can't sleep. He can't stop thinking about Luzma. He tells Yago she's just too much a part of him. Yago encourages him to just go to college and forget about her.

Camila does want to know more about him, but the snogging is getting in the way. Everyone's in love and being mushy and snogging quite nicely, but hey, I was promised nookie by the promo monkeys! Camila wants to keep things a secret for a while. D'Andres agrees. D'Andres wants her to promise to never doubt what she sees in his eyes. Camila complains about how much she's crying. *snog, snog, snog*

Isadora tells Agustina and Jimena that they'll leave tomorrow, since they weren't able to leave that day. Jimena tries to argue that they need Alonso to stay, for their protection. Why? So he can be bodily picked up and thrown at an assailant? Cause otherwise, I'm not sure what use he'd be. Alonso claims he still has his dignity [*snort*] so he's got to leave. He doesn't want to stay and be Camila's servant. Isadora and Alonso go upstairs. Agustina asks Jimena why she keeps encouraging Alonso. "If you'd been around from the beginning, you wouldn't be so supportive of him." Jimena says that Agustina only thinks that because she believes what Camila tells her to…"But I choose to believe Alonso!" Jimena flounces off, leaving a bewildered Agustina behind.

More snogging. D'Andres makes Camila feel all peaceful and loved and protected…and squished as he squeezes the hell out of her. D'Andres assures her that she can be herself around him and he won't take advantage of her. Camila says that's why she fell in love with him…she feels free. D'Andres says that if anyone happens to find out before they're ready to tell the world, he'll face it with her. He's ready to defend his love, even from themselves. "I'm only happy when you're in my arms, snogging you." Camila says his mouth will always taste like her.

And still, no nookie…but I wonder what the braying bull in the closing sequence indicates? That was loud!

Tomorrow: Daniel finds Julian's gun in Leoncio (maldito pervertido)'s cabin and a struggle ensues.

Labels:


Comments:
Well, mis peeps, it's crunch time! A little over a week until the show opens. We now have shows scheduled in Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Nogales. Info and links to purchase tickets are here http://www.newcarpa.org/

I'm not getting as much time as I would like to respond to questions and comments what with the nearly daily rehearsals and such. Please know that I do appreciate all the feedback and encouragement. My phone chirps at me all day on Friday as the comments roll in :D

I did recall one specific question about Castro and acting...according to his biography, his only acting experience was in a high school play. I am so psyched to get to meet him!
 

Jardinera~~~re: The novela rerun I saw yesterday with Fernando Colunga in was Nunca te Olividare . The leading lady was Edith Gonzales..also very young and sweetlooking. I think that it was on Telefuturo at noon. Fernando is also on the cover of our local Latino magazine, but I haven't seen a copy just the ad in our newspaper.
 

Thanks for the recap! I assume that the first post means that you're either in a play or producing a play? In any case, congratulations on your involvement! I scanned the New Carpa website quickly.

Regarding the episode. I had thoughts that were similar to Mr. 5ft. I wasn't invested in the early episodes so I didn't see a lot of Daniel and Miriam. I thought that they seemed happy. I thought that the dialogue between D'Andres and Camila should have been more along the lines of "I didn't think that I would find love again" as opposed to "This is the happiest that I've ever been in my life." Maybe he really feels that way (and I love the character).

I'm all in favor of moving on but I guess I was expecting something to symbolize an official pass of the baton ...
Maybe later we'll get a quiet look to the heavens ... "Miriam, I've moved on, but you were a great wife, and I will still make sure that the bad guys are brought to justice ... for you, our baby, and for Camila." Ah well, we'll see what happens.

I still love this story more than the other TNs that are on right now (even with all of the raging bulls!) "Abismo" is abysmal, and "Por Ella" was too silly for me (I tuned out after 1.5 episodes. I love Jaime C., but I couldn't get with this brand of comedy.)


On love:
Dan and Cam are cute and very vulnerable with each other. I feel sad for Rafa, but I like Aaron and Vivi together better ... he seems more connected to her (I know that they are friends in real life thanks to the videos that were posted yesterday.) Poor Rodolpho, but I want to see what will happen between Natalia and Yago. So yes, we need some new, nice women for Mariano, Rodolpho, and Rafa so that everyone can be happy and have a chance for great "snogging" too.

Three cheers, and two charging bulls for "Amor Bravio!"
 

Gracias, Kat, and break a leg!

I don't have a problem with Andres' dialogue in the love scene. However, I think Miriam is still alive. This would pose a bigger issue later if I'm right.

I wonder how Hissadora plans to do Camila in and whether Alonssso will somehow -- unintentionally -- screw that up or if El Diablo tries to prevent it. Somehow I think I will catch that episode.
 

I LOVED the smooching and love talk!

I'm sure they will both eventually get to talking about their past dead loves, especially once Dan reveals who he really is. But let's face it, when you're newly in love, THAT love is your greatest love. I'm not for this only one great love business.

We learn from our past loves, we learn from our past heartache, we learn from life experiences. These things hopefully make us better people, and therefore make us better girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands/wives. The new partner gets the benefit of that, and so do we as individuals. Both Cami and Dan have learned to savor and cherish love even more because of what they lost. I have no reason to doubt that what they feel for each other may indeed be more intense than what they felt for Luis and Miriam. It's because of the loss of Luis and Miriam that they are able to recognize and latch on to a love that seems so real/intense/pure. They are not taking it for granted this time.

Yes, it will get really complicated if Miriam is indeed alive. But I don't want to think about that yet. Let's enjoy this phase our main couple is in--- new love. :) More smooches please!

Thanks so much Kat for providing us with such a fun recap, in the midst of all your projects.
 

Muchas gracias, Kat. That's great news about the show. ¡Buenísima suerte!

Loved your recap, as always. I really needed it, since I watched the pissing contest between Biden and Ryan last night and only got to watch my tape of the TN when it was almost midnight. I found the late hour a challenge (oh, heck, to be honest I find almost any hour a challenge when it comes to Spanish), so I needed your recap even more.

Of course, I loved your wonderfully snarky remarks. My favorite was probably "But, then, [Leoncio] probably also suspects Andres of causing global warming…except he probably still believes the earth is flat, so the concept of global warming might be a bit beyond his grasp."

I wonder whether Daniel's coming upon the gun (as seen in the avances) will result in his being accused of the murder. Seems doubtful, since who would believe Leoncio over Daniel? But, of course, the last thing Daniel needs is to come to the attention of the police.
 

Great job 5Ft. I loved all of your descriptions of Leon. He's too awful for english words. The spanish ones did great.

So much CdlF candy in this episode. Yummy yummy!

I agree with netgirl. Dan and Cam both lost the loves of their lives, and I was expecting to hear that they never thought that they would find it again, but they did. Hopefully we still will hear it in future kissing scenes.

I love it when Dan smiles when he gives Dion bad news. I laugh every time.

I also want to say how much I am enjoying this TN. I feel sorry for those who are missing it.
 

Great recap 5ft, thanks for the witty write up.... in the midst of your current schedule.

Cathyx and netgirl, ditto, I was a little surprised by the dialogue too. I would have expected them to pay a little homage to their past lost loves, even if the didn't mention names.

Leo Sordido and his ghosts of murders past! Interesting twist with his character, although not surprising with his alcohol soaked brain.
 

Thanks, Kat, for this excellent recap. I loved your curses at Leoncio (now, there is vocabulary I can put to use!)and, as always appreciate Mr. 5 Foot's well-timed and funny comments. Break a leg in the play—it sounds so exciting.

I love this show, too, CathyX. Quite different from el abismo, no? Of course I am such a fan of Silvia Navarro that I would proably be entertained if she was just reading her e-mail contact list aloud. Plus she and CdlF are HOT, smokin' hot. I am going to hate their inevitable misunderstandings and separation. Oh, well, I am enjoying the romance now.

Thanks again Kat, and all you AB recappers. You rock.

EJ
 

Loved your recap, Kat.

Enjoyed the smooching session between Dan and Cam. But this was really their first love session and I thought that the way they carried on, it seemed as though their love sessions happened many times before.

But I'm not really complaining. I enjoyed them together.

Ann-NYC

 

Luzma sure didn't win in the Tio department, did she? That pedazo de mierda-piche bastardo-borracho makes the assassin look like the good one. (Thanks for all the new Tio Leo names, because sometimes infeliz just won't cut it). I hope she's able to use this info she has on Tio Leo to keep him the hell away from her.

Now we know why Bratgirl didn't go for Yago: he's too smart. He recognizes her for the worthless princesa that she is, even if he is still a snob. Maybe she and Ximena should be put to work cleaning out the estiercol.

Kelly
 

Kelly- Yeah, Iago may be a snob like his parents, but all three of the brothers are hard workers who seem to really care about their father's business and the ranch and the animals. Iliana seems to be a turn-off for all of them.

I'm glad that Luzma's friend spoke to Pablo. Maybe he can stop feeling sad for long enough to find out what's really going on with Luzma. Of course, now knowing that her uncle is really capable of murder, Luzma might push Pablo even further away to keep him safe.
 

Over on Refugio, Madelaine recommended Deep Cleansing Breaths. Well, last night I was just holding my breath so even it wouldn't interfere with listening to the dialog going on in the cabana. Ooof.

Thanks, Ms 5ft. You did a bang up job filling in what I missed. Aplastada--squeezed. I thought she had said Plantada, different meaning entirely. He was squeezing her allright. It's obvio these two actors like each other and are comfortable with each other. But then SN throws her heart and soul into any project.

cathyx--so funny, Leoncio [maldito sea] in Spanish, because he's too awful in English.

Has anyone noticed that recently when Hissadora and Alonssso leave the room together, she grabs him by the hand as though he were a 5 year-old? Poor Alonsso--arrested development, in all areas.

Vivi--words on new love and relationships, so wise.

Just a couple of addenda (since I was watching so intently) on the declarations of love in between the smooching. When D'Andres tells her he didn't think she would look at someone like him, she calls him on the social differences thing and says that it doesn't matter to her. D'Andres says, Serio? Laughing she says no, Broma. I wonder if that was an ad-lib. It took him half a second to recover.

Near the end of their hot session D'Andres says he's going to protect their love, even from themselves. She's a little taken back by that statement and wonders why he said that. Because he's only happy in her arms...etc. I hear an anvil being lowered.
Anita
 

Piedad and Leoncio must have grown up really poor to have such limited education.

I thought it was funny a few episodes ago when Leon threatened Isa and Al that he had written a letter that tells all. I figured that Al at least must know Leon is illiterate, and would know it couldn't be true. They did laugh it off.

But now Leon knows Julien was working with/for Dion, so he has a bit of leverage. I wonder what he'll do with it?
 

In the avances, it shows Dan finding the gun that Leo hid under his mattress. I wonder if he found the phone too?

My word verification is locopena, haha. That's what Leo is alright.
 

Anita- Thanks for pointing put some of the gems and anvils in that conversation.

I liked when Cami said she didn't know why she was so weepy (chillona) and that she's not usually like this, and Dan said he had the medicine for that, had her close her eyes and kissed her passionately. Loved the squeeze hug. Laughed when she kept talking and talking at one point and saying it didn't feel real, and he says shut up already and I'll make it feel real. Then kisses her.

Yes, the broma thing seemed ad-libbed. Also, when he said he didn't think she could fall for someone like him, she asked "(someone) guapeton (super handsome)?"

His comment about protecting their love, even from themeselves was for sure a pending anvil. It was also a new way of saying the "pase lo que pase" phrase that usually signals the same thing. I appreciated the writers finding a new way to phrase it.
 

Worry wart me is now thinking that Mariano will give Bratgirl a job working with him doing bookkeeping for Malquerida and then she will mess with the books, maybe stealing funds for her bankrupt family.

Does anyone else think that the woman who works with Piedad, she has long hair in a braid, looks like Natalia? When I first saw her, I thought it was Natalia with her hair up.
 

Thanks Kat for another of your much loved recaps.

My, my what a beautiful love scene. Unfortunately, that's probably a prelude to the anvils which will start falling on the lovebirds from now until heavens knows when (And we're only on chapter 43)!!

Elna June I love your comment. You expressed my feelings exactly when you said "Of course I am such a fan of Silvia Navarro that I would probably be entertained if she was just reading her e-mail contact list aloud" :-)
 

Piedad is just about illiterate. Mexico's literacy rate is quoted at 93.4% these days. How on earth did Piedad end up in the 6.6% How can either she or Leoncio do their jobs without being able to read?
 

I love when D'Andres flashes that smile when everything is going according to plan!
 

I know that Julian is major thug since we first saw him in Chile, however, when he confronted Tio Leo Sordido about killing his brother, I thought I caught him saying something like he was my only family and the only good in my life, or something. Did anyone else? I have to wonder if the loss of the brother added fuel to his criminal behavior. Anyone else know?
 

Who the hell cares? That does not give him a pass on a life of crime.
 

Mena- He did say that his brother was the only thing good in his life, which says to me that Julian's life of crime goes waaay back (to when his brother was alive). So, ditto what Urban says.
 

Thanks Viv, I wondered about my recollections because it suggests to me that the brother (Luzma's dad) was a good guy and not similarly criminal.
 

Even from Leon's memory, when he tells Leon off and says his intentions to marry Piedad, it seems Fidencio was a good guy. At least that's good to know for Piedad's and Luzma's peace of mind, once they find out the truth. But so sad for Piedad to go all these years thinking she was abandoned and ditched at the altar by the man she loved.
 

Coming late to the party after hell day for me.

I was pleading with Luz not to kill herself: "no baby girl, no baby girl." I know part of the reason she didn't was because of her religion, but I think most of it is because she's one brave young woman.

Lot's of funny lines in the recap, Kat. Break a leg.

Nanette
 

Nanette- The young actress who plays Luzma is just fabulous. She was also magnetic in Llena de Amor which was comedy. She's definitely an actress to watch as she grows up and into more roles. I can see her being a lead someday soon.
 

Vivi: I agree. I know at first we were all kind of blah about her young teens in love storyline, but she sure has shown her depth as an actor. I look forward to the day we see her as lead heroine.
 

I've said this before but I think the Luzma actress has been so believable in her betraying a rape victim. From her crying to her anguish. She is a terrific actress.
 

Loved the kissing between Camila and Dandres! Very hot. I used to hate the way Gustavo kissed (from LQNPA), opening his mouth so much like he was eating his partner. But this, ooh la la!
 

Posting late but wanted to tell you this was a great recap, Kat. Break a leg in your play.

Mena thanks for your recap as well. And Vivi thanks for the video clips!
 

Break a leg, amiga! Great recap of smoking hot snogging!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder