Saturday, November 03, 2012

Amores Verdaderos: New Telenovela Starts on Univision Wednesday 11/7/2012!!


Ahoy Caraymates!! Looks like the Passion Pit is coming to an end on Monday, and then we have one day of rest for elections before we are plunged into a new world of intrigue and love at 9pm EST/8pm Central. The overview and cast list are below. Please let Blog Mom Melinama know if you would like to join the recap team.

Amores Verdaderos (True Loves) is a 2012 Mexican telenovela produced by Nicandro Díaz Gonzalez for Televisa. It is based on Amor en Custodia, which has been produced three prior times in Colombia, Argentina, and Mexico (Azteca).

The story begins with a kidnapping attempt on Victoria Balvanera (Erika Buenfil), a huge landowner and owner of a well-known advertising agency, Meta-Imagen Internacional. Jose Angel (Eduardo Yáñez), who happened to be on the family estate applying for the foreman´s job, saves her from the criminals. After the kidnap attempt is over, Victoria decides to hire Jose Angel as her bodyguard; the time they spend together everyday causes that true love grows between them. However, their love is impossible because both of them are married. 

Victoria is Nelson Brizz’s (Guillermo Capetillo) wife, who married her out of convenience; as a result of this marriage, her daughter Nicole (Eiza González) was born. She is a fussy and arrogant girl who is permanently hiding her bulimia and anorexia issues. Nicole loves her parents and her grandfather, Anibal (Enrique Rocha), who is a strict, dominant and clever man who manipulates his daughters´ lives, Victoria and Adriana (Natalia Esperón). 

When Victoria discovers Nelson has a lover, model Kendra Ferreti (Marjorie de Sousa),who is going to have his child, she fights to get divorced but he refuses to leave her. On the other hand, Jose Angel suffers the loss of his wife, Cristina (Mónika Sánchez), who dies in an accident after finding out that she is Anibal Balvanera´s daughter-- product of her mother´s relationship with him some time ago.

Liliana (Sherlyn), daughter of Cristina and Jose Angel, works as a gardener at the Balvanera’s residence where she has to bear Nicole´s rudeness and abuse. Nicole insists in setting the social difference between them, however, this will come to an end when Liliana finds out that she is a Balvanera too. Knowing this will make her gain the confidence to fight for Francisco’s (Sebastián Rulli) love. He is Nicole´s bodyguard, which puts Liliana at a disadvantage to win his love. Meanwhile, Nicole, will do almost anything to make Francisco’s life miserable, while unknowingly falling in love with him. 

Victoria, Jose Angel, Nicole and Francisco will have to overcome the obstacles from destiny which will be the only thing that will join them and make them realize their “True Loves”.

Helping to create these obstacles are a host of villains, including Santino 'Salsero' Roca (Francisco Gattorno), a man of mystery, salsa dancer (!), and Nelson’s bodyguard and right-hand man.







Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Thanks, Vivi. I wish I had time for another TN, because I love the cast for this one.

I haven't seen Julio Camejo since DA, but he was GREAT in that and I've been dying to see him in something else!
 

My pleasure Julie. I'm not committed to watching this one either. Just helping Melinama out who has too much stuff on her plate to get this one out there.

The thing is, I'm committed to Amor Bravio, which is on at 10pm. I'll likely turn occupy myself with other stuff for the two hour block between Refugio and AB, meaning I'll miss Eva. If I watch Eva, I'm just going to end up watching this one right after. We'll see.
 

Vivi - Thank you for the synopsis and photos. I'm going to give this one a try. Looks like a good cast.
 

Thanks Vivi, Ohhh la la, I really want to recap this one if there is room on the recap team. I am such a sucker for Eduardo Yanez, I have to say. I was channel surfing one night, while I was sick, saw this big guy dressed as a pirate kissing a red haired woman, and I was hooked. He is the reason I started watching TN's and wanting to learn Spanish :).
 

Mads- Send Melinama an e-mail and let her know you want to recap this. I'm looking forward to reading your recaps of your telenovio EY. :)
 

Thanks Vivi, I already did, ohhh la la. lol. :)
 

Hi! I would love to recap this show so I sent an e-mail to our blog mom.

And I wouldn't mind recapping the first episode since I already saw it months ago. :)
 

Aribeth and Madelaine will definitely be on the team. In fact I have not heard from most of the PassionPitters about whether they want to continue.
 

Melinama, thank you so much. I'm so excited to be recapping this one. :).
 

Vivi~~Thanks for the synopsis. After being absent for awhile, I am looking forward to this new novela and the return of one of my favorite telenovios, Big Ed Yanez. I need an escape from the telenovela I've been living in lately. P.S. Have all the east coast Carayites gotten their power back ? We were out for 3 days. Now we are throwing out most of the contents of our refrig and freezer. However, I'm not complaining because the Jersey shore is just a 2hour drive east for us . Sending out good vibrations for all the folks down the shore. ~~~Love, Stevi
 

Good to see you Stevi and to hear your power is back. Most of us in the DC area were very lucky. I'm heartbroken for so many of the folks in NY and NJ.

As for Amores, am I the only one who found the prospect of a villain who is an expert salsa dancer, and is actually called Salsero, interesting/funny? I might watch just to see Francisco G play this role. What does he do? Challenge his enemies to a salsa dance off? :)
 

Ha ha, Vivi -- I, too, plan to tune in just to see Francisco Gattorno dance! He's got to live up to his name at some point...
 

"Big Ed Yañez"! Love it!

I got a big kick out of him in Corazón Salvaje -- he almost seemed like he was laughing at himself a lot of the time. And you know, we 50-somethings need something to look at, too...
 

And Salsero was called Tango in the original Argentinian telenovela. :)
Both names are quite funny.
 

I may not watch this TN, so I don't want to commit to recapping. I'm going to give it a try and see if it's worth sticking with. I'm not familiar with any of the actors except Sebastian Rulli.
 

Wow...This novela could be called ''My Bodyguard.'' Let the dancing begin.
 

So far we only have two recappers for this show. Anybody else interested?
 

Amores Verdaderos. I admit I am a sucker for EY. I watched the preview available on Uvideos.com. Oh wow. I thought the production values have trebeled in improvement from other Televisa entries into the ring. I also find it interesting they are casting Guillermo Capitillo as (Initially a galan but really a villano). I have optomism for this one as long as the "script monkeys" don't mess with it too much. I like that there are many layers.....I don't like Marjorie de Souza, but she is a great villana so I will watch to see just how low she will go. Like I said, they had me at EY. I also think having a more mature coupling for EY/EB is a good move to migrate EY into more age appropriate, but still hawt roles.
Just my 2 pesos!
SFCHICABONITA
 

Thank you Vivi! You are so generous with your time and know you are doing AB - will miss your "voice" here.

Like Madelaine, EY is the ultimate, for me. I am on board to watch and cannot wait.

Aribeth, you are recapping!! Fabulous. I am hoping Jeri will resurface soon.

I only wish I had any kind of recapping skills so I could lend a hand.

Diana
 

Thanks Vivi for the preview notes and cast list. I saw a trailer on Univision and it looks veeerrrryy interesting. I love the cast, especially Eduardoooooo.

I may be watching a few episodes to see if it lives up to the hype.


 

I have soooo many novelas on my plate, but the cast in this one sound so good, that I think I'll at least give it a try! See if I can squeeze it into my already full TN schedule. I am curious to see what kind of part Susana Gonzalez (Sinthia in LQNPA) is playing in this one! And Ana Martin (STuD and LQNPA), let me guess--is she going to be a housekeeper or cook again? Anyway, I just want to take a peek and see.

And Sebastian Rulli! Professor Hottie! I'll give it a shot, though I'm not going to recap. I'm trying to watch both the new Fernando Colunga show (Porque el amor manda) and Jorge Salinas show (Que Bonito Amor) online, and then hopefully recap one of them when they finally arrive on Univision!
 

@ Diana- Hey Diana, do you have a basic understanding of Spanish? I recap with no CC's at all. I just listen and watch the body language and that's how I recap. I love the way you write your comments. Give it a try, I think you'd be great at it.
 

Julie- from the previews I've seen of Amores, Julio Camejo (de la Vega, Francisco de la Vega, can't help it, lol) looks completely different. He doesn't look like the simpering gigilo he was in DA. He is buffed up and has a tatoo! :)
 

Madelaine, you are so sweet. But, I have no CC's and still (unfortunately) understand far less that what would be essential to provide the most basic recap.

But, all great teams need cheerleaders. So you and the other recappers will have my full support!

Diana


 

I would recap if I had a good command of the Spanish language. I too am a sucker for EY. And a good cast
 

Where can I watch this with English subtitles???
 

When will Nikki grow a brain ? She has only the basic mental capacity of a junior high school girl. Can't see why Francisco is so infacuated with her, such a waste of his time.
 

When will Kindra get what she deserves, a kick in the keester! I think everyone is wondering when she will get caught in her ugly game.
 

Still trying to find a way I can listen to this show in English,I can still understand mostly what is going on, can understand some Spanish, but would be great in English, still missing out on a some important conversations.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder