Monday, November 26, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #91 11/26/12: Wow, Helena Sees a Ghost!

Helena strolls alone on Playa Majagua... she's speaking to the ghost of Juan, telling it she's been dying, hurting inside, and refusing to accept the loss of Juan. The pain was so great that she has come to dramatically say goodbye forever. "They might as well have buried me with you, for all the good I've been without you." She takes off the ring, and says she's come to say goodbye to him forever. And prepares to fling it into the ocean....

BUT JUAN IS THERE! Was it a dream? No! he starts to explain, but she's pretty pissed. If you'd really loved me, you'd have come earlier. Good point. You played with my feelings, you played with my kid. I can't love someone I don't know, and I don't understand why you'd do this. Well, he's dropped the accent, so that's a start (at being honest). She's sick of him lying to her. Him: you're my only motivation to keep on living. Her: you have no right to keep on this way. What, you? protect me? Plutarco has supported me, and you just destroyed my life. I'm marrying him. Him: Pluto isn't who you think he is. Her: How dare you! You're the one who's not who I thought he was. You hurt everyone! me, my kid, my family, and you did it all when you were trying to steal my project! Him: give me a chance to explain - I've changed. Her: men? change? feh! here's your ring back.

He tries to grab her, but she turns on him - you have no idea of the pain that I've suffered. I've suffered too, months of living as a ghost, without home or name, just hiding. I became Eva and hid specifically so I could prove to you that I'm a better man. Her: what a shame, my love belongs to Pluto. Him: look me in the eyes and tell me you love him. COMMERCIAL BREAK!

Her: yes, I'm very in love (not very convincingly). He says that may be so, but I only ask of you help in finding the truth behind when I got framed. Although you have doubted me, I love you as I have since the moment we met. I was a victim of someone who framed me for fraud. I don't have proof, but YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME! She is, shall we say, less than convinced. She is thinking of turning him in. But PLUTO appears, hollering at the top of his lungs. She leaves him there to go talk to Pluto, who gets himself a neat silhouette under a huge tree. I know all about Juan Carlos, he says.

Helena tells him she came here to forget the pain in her heart. Him: you just need to forget about this nonsense altogether. Her: just, uh, give me more time.



In less interesting news, Juan's sort-of stepmother tells his mom that she's dying and she doesn't want Claudia to see. It's cancer, of course. They realize that their shared husband is kind of a lazy butt. He always tells them he loves them, but never lifts a finger for them. They discuss the discovery of his sneaky ways. Much sadness. Modesto had two families, but he wasn't really a part of either. Carmen keels over. She feels bad - it must be the cancer! Later, at the hospital, the doc says it's total metastasis. The two wives have a sweet moment - at least we don't hate each other. . . But Modesto walks in! He says he's surprised to see his other wife there, too!




Adriano is yelling: I don't want gold, don't want silver, don't want coffee. I just want Renato! Mousse boy comes in, scarf crazier than ever. Then he demands coffee.  He gets three cups, none of which is to his liking!




Marcela is still not pleased about Fernando's stupid motorcycle. But he bought her a fancy helmet, so she hops on with trepidation and off they go!



Angelica struts and poses and is disappointed to find that her hubby is less than pleased about her job as a model. She swiftly bursts out in tears, and he swiftly bursts out in hysteric shouting. Know what you are? un mal agradecido.



It looks like Mimi has taken in another hopeless-case man - a kind of pathetic Marichi. They sing a pretty good song - I actually like it: "el buen cupido nos enamoro!" Adriano shows up, and Mimi waves to him from stage.


We conclude on a showdown between Mousse-Boy and Rebe - she thinks he's gay and may start telling people; he claims to maybe have some dirt on her, too!

Labels:


Comments:
Cool recap. Thanks!

Boy that was a longass conversation between Helena and JC! I don' t blame her for saying all that she said to him and handing him back his mom's ring.

But at the end of the day she does protect Juan. Her heart is still with Juan . That's what I believe because she doesn't turn Juan in. And Pluti is just a meddling pain in the @ss on the beach and he's making some bigass mistakes and she's starting to call him on it. You go girl. Kickass and take names!!
Back at The Contreras's house, I dug the sound of the drum_enhanced motorcycle motor as they drove off.
 

Thanks Ezra for this great recap. I don't think JC told Helena that he was Eva. I thought she would never listen to anything he had to say. And she lied big time, but I can see why she is really pithed at JC. From her point of view, he did steal her project, but he was right in telling her that Pluti isn't what he seemed. Hopefully she will listen to what he said about Pluti and help JC out and not get anymore involved with Pluti than she already is. She got pithed at Pluti too when she started getting mad. I think she sees shades of bad Dad too.

Adri is a hoot, loved the coffee tasting and Renato, you go boy, getting in Rebe's face. I wonder what dirt he has on her.

I am glad Santi is seeing Angie for what she really is. Now maybe they are done and Lucia will come to the rescue.

Poor Carmen, I didn't think I'd feel sorry for her, but I did. I think if Carmen and Genie had met before Carmen got involved with dumbass Modesto they would have been great friends. So now I wonder how Genie is going to handle Claudia?

Oh, and Pluti didn't have his shark wear on this time. He actually looked pretty beachy, lol. Too bad he is such a putz.
 

I meant Pluti started getting mad, not Helena.
 

YES!!!

Helena now knows Juan is alive! I love it! But it gets better!

Juan had enough time to say his piece - all the important parts. Not the least of which, is that he suspects Pluto framed him. Juan has planted a very specific mustard seed of doubt in Helena, and we all know what mustard seeds do over time. I love it! But it gets better!

The best part of the show was how she responded to Pluto:
Yes, she ranted at Juan for everything. But his words were sinking in, especially toward the end. She was softening, and accepting that maybe just maybe he wasn't totally rotten.
And as Juan's share increases, Pluto's share decreases!
IMMEDIATELY after she discovers that Juan is alive, her response to Pluto is TOTALLY different!!! Yes, she cringed when he kissed her, but it's better than that. When Pluto ordered her to stop feeling anything for Juan, she told him to shut his trap - "I'm an adult and nobody else can run my life." He feined retreat, but he again tried to tell her how to feel, and she shut him up before he said three words! And then she walked off, and he had to hustle to catch up with her! Remember, always in the past he would grab her hand and lead her around as if she were his dog.

Last week after she pulled away from intimacy with him, I knew that was the point where his luck changed, and he would start losing ground. But I had no idea the fall would be so fast! If tonight was any indication, Pluto's puppy dog has slipped its leash, and he will be far less able to control her.

And remember that with Pluto, control is what it's all about. He went ballistic with Sylvia - why? Because Helena did something independent, and he momentarily (he thought) lost complete control over her. Now she is further out of his grasp. And remember that his long-range plan is for her to lose her job at GI so she'll be trapped at home, with her whole life centered around him (he probably already has reserved a seat for Lalo at boarding school).
 

Ezra, thank you for the recap.

Madeline, I propose that Helena didn't lie. She said, "I'm in love." That's true. She didn't say, "I love Plutarco." Unless you're talking about something else.

Tonight's "Yelling at the TV" moment: Angie got all indignant about her job - she insisted that she got the job so that she could help Santiago with his money problems. Which is why she spent her paycheck buying new clothes!

 

Paula, I thought when she looked in JC's eyes, I thought she had said she was in love with Pluti. That's why I thought she had lied.
 

Ezra, a sharp and snappy recap! Thanks so much. I had a big laugh at Renato--"scarf crazier than ever."

Madelaine, I didn't hear JC claim his Eva identity either. I think Helena softened a little, maybe enough to help his cause.

She was definitely a little hostile with Pluti (yay!) and his control persona.

Eugenia and Carmen can now agree on at least one thing--Modesto is as useless as he is handsome. Parenting Claudia could give Eugenia a new lease on life and give Modesto a kick in the pants. He'll have to man up and give bratty daughter some guidance.

And it's a good thing Helena gave the lovely ring back to Juan instead of pitching it in the sea.

La Paloma

 

Forgot to mention--Adri was most definitely ill at ease when he went to the performance at the bar or wherever it was. The only man in a suit and shifting his wallet to a deeper pocket! Love the big bear!

La Paloma
 

Thanks, Ezra, for thorough coverage of an exhausting conversation!

I do love watching Pluto's temper begin to spiral out of control any time he can't control everything else.

I enjoyed watching Adri playing Goldilocks with the coffee, and LOVED watching Modesto's two wives tag-team scolding him.

Much as I dislike Claudia, however, I can't help thinking that she should be allowed a chance to say goodbye to her mother. However upsetting it might be to tell her now, it will be a lot worse if they spring her mother's death on her after the fact. Someone I know wasn't told of her grandmother's illness until it was too late - and she was devastated. I wouldn't do that to anyone. (Well... maybe I'd do it to Modesto.)
 

Thanks Ezra for detailing such an important episode. I thought Helena handled JC's appearance very well, considering she thought he was dead and she believes he swindled her. However, I'm not so sure she'll be so calm when she learns he's been playing Eva, her amiga.

When Carmen was telling her sob story about how Modesto stopped coming around as often five years ago, when Eugenia started having her mental lapses, I felt like she was trying to get sympathy. It wasn't working on me. She knew the man was married when she got involved with him and agreed to be his secret wife and have a secret family with him. It's HER fault her children didn't have a full time/attentive father because SHE made that choice. It's not Eugenia's fault because she was ailing. Modesto's place IS by his wife's side. I'm pretty sure in sickness and in health was part of the vows they took-- vows he did nottake with Carmen. Too bad, so sad Carmen. Your children feeling abandoned and like second class citizens with their father is your fault Claudia.

I do think that both Eugenia and Carmen should dump Modesto. And I agree, her children should be told of her illness. They should be spending their time and energy supporting their mom, not trying to one-up Modesto's legit family members.
 

Typo: "Your children feeling abandoned and like second class citizens with their father is your fault, Carmen." Not Claudia.
 

Thanks for one fast recap that was up in no time last night This is the episode I have been waiting for where some action really did move multiple plots forward.
Finally there is some hope with JC having the chance to tell Helena the truth. After Plutarco and his bossy attitude, she is going to have a lot to think about. I sure hope we start to see a more independent Helena. I liked Eugenia and Carmen talking and commiserating about Modesto's shortcomings. Looks like Claudia will be staying. I wonder when her brother will pop up and identify himself.

Jarifa
 

Thanks Ezra. I too really enjoyed your fashion comment on Renato's scarf.

I thought that Helena's reaction to Juan's sudden reappearance was totally believable. I loved the place where JC told her that Pluti is not who she thinks he is -- and she responds that it is Juan who is not who she thought he was. After all he wooed her with a false accent and under a false name. She really doesn't know who he is. Still ... she was softening a bit at the end ... and she didn't turn him in ... and in the previews we see her wondering if he might be right about being framed.

I loved the way Helena got her back up and told Pluti that he can't force her to feel or think as he wants her to. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't get angry with him for stalking her to the beach.

I want to see more of Adriano in the club. He was so funny as he looked around and took care to secure his wallet. He is so ill at ease in this crowd -- but it seems to be a TN rule that a good tequila drunk in a naco bar with a good old sing along is very good for the character of an uptight rich guy (or gal as in Dinero.)

Güera
 

Ezra - Thanks. Appreciate the detailed dialogue between JC and Helena.

At last! Now, Helena can't help but be smarter about Pluti.

Fern is a mess, but it was sweet of him to buy Marcela a cute helmet.
 

Juan begged Helena to help uncover the fraud and clear his name. That will win him points in two ways.
A. If he were guilty, he wouldn't want her poking around. So the request itself is evidence that he's innocent.
B. He's in pain because people think he's guilty, and he's begging her to rescue him. How can she refuse to relieve his suffering? She may not want to run back into his arms; regardless of that, she loves him and doesn't want him to suffer.

When Juan visited Helena in the hospital, he implored her to not tell anyone she'd seen him, and immediately she told her mother, who burst Helena's bubble with a sledge hammer. Maybe she told Pluto too; not sure. This time will Helena keep the secret?

I think Helena won't find out about Eva until much later, perhaps the final week. TNs need some big reveal at the end.

Lastly, isn't it great having something substantial to discuss here again? I was really getting tired of the plot stagnation.

 

Thank you, Ezra. It was quite the exciting evening. Like Paula I was surprised that JC managed to get out all the important details before Pluto showed up- that breaks with soap tradition but was a welcome change. And I agree with Julie and Vivi that it is important to tell Claudia the truth about her mother's illness and not rob her of the chance to say goodbye. I loved Ferni and Marcela on the motorcycle. It's moments like that which make me want her to stay with him, despite his obvious faults.
 

Thanks for the recap, Ezra!

Yes - action packed! And about time!

I was disappointed in the Helena/JC reunion, but I have to admit it was more realistic than my expectations. And I agree, it does look as though Helena is turning a new page with Pluto, so to speak.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen with Renato/Rebecca and Adri/Mimi.

Mil in NC
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder