Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Amores Verdaderos #18 Mon 12/3/12 Taken 3: Where Is Liam Neeson When We Need Him?


* Odette pulls her most convincing innocent expression… oh, I’m sorry, I mean she would pull it if she could move her facial muscles, but since it’s almost impossible, all she does is telling Victoria in a freezing voice that she finds her accusation muy insolent and defamatory. Yes, she’s the only one who would’ve benefited from the incident, but she isn’t like Aníbal who loves to steal clients from other people. Arriaga chimes in with another thought: there’s only one way to find out what happened in the business center. And since great minds think alike, Victoria gets what he’s thinking: oh yes, the security cameras! Odette also thinks it’s a good idea but now she has to leave. Goodbye, my darling. Goodbye, dear. The women share another venomous farewell kiss. Arriaga thinks the thugs who’d tried to kidnap Victoria before pulled that stunt with the elevator and Ms. Balvanera had better call the cops as soon as possible.


* Miss Oookay and Guzmancito arrive at home. He gets a phone call from his dad who’s desperately needing that money, well, to be more specific, his life depends on it. Francisco tells Felipe he already has the money and they agree to meet at 6. But there a tiny little problem and it’s called Nicole Brizz because she won’t give him permission to leave for the afternoon unless he tells him why and where he wants to go. Because she can’t stand people who play to be mysterious, you know. All right. But fortunately he has Tomasina who, when she learns it’s a matter of life or death, offers him help. Don’t worry son, I’ll give that check to your father. After she leaves, Polita tells Guzmán that Tomasina may look tough, but she’s a really, really kind woman. And hey, blondie, why is he so sad? She tries to cheer him up telling him she always sings when she feels low-spirited because it’s like massaging the heart… But it doesn’t work on poor puppy Francisco because he’s very depressed and unfortunately he can’t sing. At all. Guzmán leaves and the fangirl Polita starts wondering about who was that mean woman who broke his heart.

* In her car Odette calls her goons who’ve been just beaten into pulp by Angel and sends the idiots to hell. They promise they’ll erase the camera footage so no evidence will remain.

* Kendra, who now looks like a puddle, and who’s just as much in love with herself and her seductive abilities as Nelson, is thinking about Casanova and how much he will fall for her. So she sends him a very naughty and steamy text message that he gets right in the middle of a business meeting. No, no, no, the message sets fire to Nelson’s imagination and now we have to endure an imaginative sexay (not) lovemaking session between him and Barbie. Yuck.


* Tomasina meets Felipe in a coffee shop and she immediately enlightens him about his Chinese horoscope, though poor Felipe tries to tell her many times that he isn’t interested in these kind of things. He’s a dog. And he also has some rat attributes because they are the biggest players in the zodiac. And be careful because his past is coming back and it will bite him in the ass. I say Felipe should worry about the present first because the henchmen of the gangster he owes the money show up in the coffee shop, and they are very displeased when they find out that Tomasina gave them the wrong envelope.

* Liliana helps Beatriz and the little boy settle in. Guillo is sure that his dad will join them soon and he’ll repair the broken tv antenna. In the meantime Scumbag Leo, who now has a nice scar on his chin, tells to a friend of his that his damned bother-in-law for pay double for what he did.

* Guzmáncito is already stressed and anxious to dead, and he’s circling around the hall when Angel and Vic arrive at home. He asks permission to leave and check something very important and personal, and then he tells his bro Arriaga that Cristina was looking for him at the company and she brought him some delicious food. Oh, and by the way, Beatriz left her husband and she and her son are going to live with Cristina and Liliana. The big guy is pleasantly surprised and he doesn’t mind it at all, he’s happy that the girls will have such a good company. Francisco is relieved. The lovely bromance moment is interrupted by the doorbell: it’s everyone’s favourite Kendra. Oh, that inquisitive look Arriaga gives her! “I know you, young lady, so watch out.” As she goes upstairs to Nikki, Guzmán asks the big guy if he knows her. There are things in this job you can’t comment on, says Angel enigmatically. Five seconds later Nelson also arrives at home with his loyal shadow aka Salsero, and he’s looking for his wife. She’s in Nikki’s room, says Arriaga. The alpha males are staring at each other with disdain, no. 1. The anxious Francisco had enough and wants to get out of the house, but Dances with Sunglasses throws a fuss about it: where is he going? And who gave him permission to leave?! *Viewerville: Nikki, maybe you should consider hooking up with him, whatdayathink?* The alpha males are staring at each other with disdain, no. 2. Arriaga even salutes to Salsero… and then he laughs at him because no one takes Twinkle Toes seriously.


* Nikki and Vikki are arguing about Liliana and her fresh new membership to Bratty’s favourite club when Kendra drops in. She came to tell Nikki that a famous designer is waiting for them in his workshop at 9 and he will show them his new collection. The girls are excited but Victoria informs them that unfortunately this evening is a big no-no since Francisco can’t accompany them and asks Kendra to call that designer and change the appointment for tomorrow. Nelson enters the room to greet his girls… and he almost loses his balls when he notices Kendra. His. Lover. Is. In. His. Home. With. His. Family. Jesus! After Mom and Dad leave, Kendra tells Nikki it’ll be very hard to get a new appointment with the designer. Her little manipulative trick works because Bratty wants to meet that guy so much that she decides to sneak out of the house… again.


* In the kitchen Salsero, the Taco Lover and Jean Marie, Le Gourmand Chef have a small disagreement over the poor taste of Dances with Sunglasses. Salsero is about the manhandle the cook when his phone rings, and Kendra tells him enthusiastically that this is their opportunity to kidnap Nikki. But oops, while he’s talking on the phone with Barbie, Nelson enters the kitchen and orders him to get Kendra out of his home NOW. Salsero’s brain cells freeze for a second but on the other end of the line the lady kindly asks him to make up a story for that idiot (i.e. her beloved Nelson) because she won’t leave the house without Nikki! Uhm, all right mother, says Dances with Sunglasses, I’m glad you’re in the town, I’ll call you later, ok? After he puts down the phone, he informs Nelson that it’d be very suspicious if they kicked Kendra out of the house. And as if the situation wasn’t bad enough already, it turns out Victoria invited Barbie for dinner.


* There’s one member of the household who’s already been kidnapped: it’s Tomasina who’s dragged into the luxurious den of the resident Very Bad Guy of the Episode. He’s the famous “Turkish” who’s just about to pull the monologue of a frightening villano… But he’s interrupted by the outraged Tomasina. She’s fed up with his behavior, especially because this misunderstanding could be helped very easily, just lend her a phone. The Turkish Gangster is definitely impressed by the pretty and feisty lady, and gives her what she asked for. Tomasina calls Polita, scolds her for messing with the envelopes, and orders her to bring the right envelope to a certain address.


* At the luxurious apartment the Arriagas and the Guzmáns are having dinner. Since Guillo keeps asking about his father, Beatriz has to get through The Speech: “we won’t go back to daddy’s house, but don’t worry, you won’t be separated from him and he loves you much”. Cristina and Lili ask them about the grandparents and Beatriz informs them that their father live in Mexico City, too. And your mother? Well, she… She’s dead, says Francisco. Doorbell. It’s Paula but fortunately the two don’t meet because Hilda, who has something very important to tell about Aníbal, drags her away from the door.


* Hilda gives the 411 about the very complex relationship system that developed between the Balvaneras, Arriagas and Guzmáns: 1. Cristina is Arriaga’s wife. 2. Arriaga’s Victoria’s bodyguard. 3. Francisco is Nikki’s bodyguard. 4. Beatriz and her grandson are going to live with Cristina. Boom, boom, boom, boom. I’m surprised that Paula didn’t get a heart attack. And then Hilda asks the 64.000 dollars question: what will happen when Francisco finds out that it was Aníbal who “stole” his mother from her family?


* Francisco tries to help Disney Lili fix the curtain in her bedroom but it just gets even worse. Liliana starts to laugh and her heartfelt smile cheers our depressed gorilla up. Finally a smile on his face! * While Arriaga, Zambrano and Salsero are getting bored to death in the kitchen, Nikki manages to sneak out of the house… by hiding in Kendra’s car. Five minutes later Victoria knocks on her daughter’s door but the room is dark and empty. Mom looks worried and for a reason because a Salsero’s armed goons stop Kendra’s car and kidnap the screaming women.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh great, now we have a kidnapping storyline.

Explanation for the title: in the two Taken movies Liam played a former secret agent whose daughter (Taken) and exwife (Taken 2) were kidnapped by baddies. Of course Daddy saved them, and in the process he quite sufficiently butchered every thug who was in his way.
 

Aribeth, I can't wait for this recap, I know it will be fab, and love the title :)
 

Agree with Madelaine, the title is great Aribeth.

There is a lot I'd like to say but I don't want to spoil Aribeth's sure to be stellar recap.

I guess I'm not giving anything away when I say one of my favorite scenes was the greeting Kendra received when she arrived at Vikki's house. Jose answered the door and the look he gave her was priceless. Not quite disgusted, not quite disinterested but he quietly conveyed he knew the deal and thought next to nothing of her. Such distain was certainly a new and well deserved emotion going Kendra's way...

Cannot wait to read this Aribeth!

Diana
 

Diana - I agree, that was a great scene. Yañez conveyed so much with his look at Kendra.

I was also holding my breath near the end, when Guzman was going to open the door and Paula was on the other side.
 

Sorry I haven't participated in the discussions here for awhile. I've been enjoying the show and reading the recaps and comments when I can. I'm still getting a big kick out of the action and I'm especially enjoying Nikki...super cool...OK?

What a treat it was to see an old friend from long ago...Turco. He was El Perico, a mob boss in Mujer de Madera . He was hilarious. I hope that he brings some of the same zaniness to this show.

Carlos
 

Carlos, so glad you are watching and hope you get to comment.

Because Yañez (my equivalent of your Laisha, Altair) is in this, I am riveted to the screen. However, I must say that I am enjoying this immensely and would likely do so even if he were not participating. I like the storyline and actors many of whom I've not seen before. Some serious side stories but fun overall.

Diana
 

Hi, all. I see bits and pieces of the show. I am loving the strong, reliable character that Big Ed is playing. Ed is looking good in his new suits. Nikki makes my teeth hurt every time she opens that pouty little mouth..OKAY ? Sorry, Carlos....OKAY ? She is a reminder of the snippy misses I met when I taught in a senior high. These are not memories I want to revisit.............O...KAY ?
 

Susanlynn, you are so funny, Okay! I went to High School with girls like Nikki, Okay? So I see where you are coming from, and Big Ed, sigh, what can I say.

Carlos- good to see you here and ditto what Diana said about Big Ed, Ok?
 

Madelaine~~~Yes, I , too, not only taught some ''Nkkis'' but also went to school with a few....I'm looking at you Rosy W. However, I must say that in my small , rural high school there were amazingly few Nikki types. It was another story at the upper middleclass suburban school I worked at....teeming with Nikkis. OKAY? ...Wait...Let me answer that last okay? [rhetorical question ????] NO...It's not Okay to be constantly say ''Okay?

in that nasty tone of voice, Nikki. I am waiting for karma to say OKAY? as it bites you in your spoiled , little a**. ~~~Susanlynn, getting way too involved in this
 

I, on the other hand, am only watching this show for 'Guzmancito.' Like Polita, I am entranced.

ITA about Nikki's "nails on the chalk board" voice.
 

Hi everyone on the Amores team---I have been watching but not intently
although now that Refugio has ended, I will be. I am still trying to find out the role of some of the minor characters. It's hard for me as I have no Spanish background---and so Caray, Caray! to the rescue.

I am surprised that Susana Gonzalez
has what looks like up to this point, only a small role in this one.

I know that Nikki is the star of this one "OK!!" and will probably win the Guzmancito but is anyone rooting for Liliana?

Can anyone tell me what job Dances With Sunglasses has. Are there three bodyguards for that family?

Also what is his plan with Kendra--are they trying to take over the business, the mansion or both? Thanks in advance.
the gringo
 

gringo - I've never been sure what Salsero's job is. If he's a bodyguard, then it has been rather egotistical of Nelson to think HE needs one and Vikki would not. (until the kidnapping attempt)
I think Salsero's official job description is Resident Bad Guy.

Guzmáncito and Arriaga are wonderful eye candy and make this telenovela much easier to watch. I've never watched a Rullínovela before (except for the telenovela scenes on TV in 'Ugly Betty', so it's a real treat.
 

Gringo- As a Refugio refugee myself, I am also finding that I am paying more attention to Eva and AV now that Refugio has ended. I already love Amor Bravio, but what to do in the hours between work and AB?

In any case, this one is fun. There is no use trying to understand the villains. They are not well written. From what I can tell, Salsero is Nelson's right hand man. In the house he's in charge of security-- they did seem to have some sort of security in the D.F. house even before Vicky's kidnapping attempt. In general, he seems to see himself as the boss of all the other house employees.

I also wonder if Susan G will eventually have a bigger role, after having such a huge role in LQNPA. But just before LQNPA, she also had a small, but important, role in Para Volver a Amar. Perhaps she wanted a role that was way less intense than what she just did in LQNPA, while being completely different.
 

Aribeth - Another great title.

I think Salsero is head of security for the company.

From the credits, doesn't look good for Lili getting Guzmancito but I hope they add a cute guy for her.

Wondering if Tomasina will get her own triangle, with the loanshark and Guzman's dad.

Kendra cracks me up. She has that cocky "You know you want to get with this" look with every man she meets.
 

Gringo, I commented the other day that I hope we saw more of Susana as I am a huge fan. The first time I saw her was in Pasion (Colunga was new to me too) and I thought she was great.

I wish she had a happier role here but maybe that will occur now that she is away from her vile, violent hub.

Niecie, I don't think Lili has a chance with Guzman (unfortuantely), but she certainly deserves someone special.

Diana
 

Recap is up.

Thanks for the great comments, it's always a pleasure reading them.
 

Aribeth, I stayed late because I won't be here tomorrow and was hoping to see your recap. So glad I did!

First, your pictures were amazing. The one of Juan saluting? Priceless. And, as you noted, a fun touch (as was his laugh after doing it).

I enjoyed every word of this and couldn't help but laugh out loud at "Miss Ookay", "Disney Lili" and "venomous farewell kiss". Excellent!

Poor Francisco. Trying to comfort and aid Bea whilst trying to save his selfish, gambling debt ridden father wasn't enough. Now he will have to live with the guilt of not being there to prevent Nikki's abduction. I think if he had opened the door and saw his mother standing there, that would have been too much to bear in one evening.

Talk about the past coming back to haunt you...Paula should consider moving. And pronto.

I was glad to see Bea and Guillo away from harm and enjoying a nice meal with newfound friends.

Tomasina was great although if there was a time and place to be at least a little scared, her encounter with the thugs might have been that time!

Let's hope Nikki's abduction is short lived. Even she doesn't deserve it.

Aribeth, this was great!!

Diana


 

Thanks Aribeth, this is great. Very well done.

I hope that the writers take the opportunity of Nikki's kidnapping to revisit Ransom of Red Chief. She certainly has a gift for annoying people.

Carlos
 

I hope Nikki has the "OKAY" scared out of her. Fresa!

I am so enjoying this and the recaps! EY and the cast seem to be having fun. Polita and Jean Marie are both hilarious and like to devil Dances with Sunglasses.

Cristina is starting to get some dimension and Liliana is such a cutie!
 

Aribeth - Terrific. Love the pics. "...and now we have to endure an imaginative sexay (not) lovemaking session between him and Barbie. Yuck." - lol.


 

I know this is the story of Vicki and JA, but I'm digging Cristina. I like the way she didn't try to offer Guzman's sister some cheery advice but just listened.
 

Aribeth, thanks for such a great recap and the pics too :). I think Salsero is head of security also. He does like to boss the household help around. I love the faces Jean Marie and Polita make behind his back, lol. They are always priceless.

Ms Okay may change her ways now, that she has been kidnapped, maybe?? We'll have to see.

Kendra has big ones, coming to visit Nikki and giving Nelson an almost heart attack, lol. She is so in his face,and he's sweating blood. I can't wait until Kendra and Nelson are found out.

Niece in MD- I agree with you about Chrissie, I like what she did with Bea too, just listened.I like the attraction Lili has to Guzmancito, but he will only break her heart. I too hope she finds a nice guy.

Really liking Tomasina too.She really stands up for herself. She'd straighten out Felipe, Guzmancito's Papa in a heartbeat. He looks intimadated by her, lol.

Can't wait for tonight to see what happens tonight.
 

Aribeth - Thank you for the recap and screencaps. A fun read!

Carlos - Ransom of Red Chief crossed my mind, too. Nikki will drive them crazy.

Vivi in DC - you are so right about it being a waste of time trying to make sense of los villanos. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride. :-D
 

Brilliant recap Aribeth. Thank you for providing such a funny take on what happened and the great pics too.
 

Awesome as Always, Aribeth!

Love Big Eddie's highly expressive expressions, and he seems to be a natural comedian.

Great pictures. Many thanks.
 

thank you for your recap, Aribeth, loved your descriptions, notably Odette and her innocent expression, and calling Nikki , "bratty." So true. I'm sorry but neither Lili or Nikki seem like they are old enough for our "Guzmancito". I have seen 12 year olds behave more appropriately.

 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder