Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #135 2/29/13: Acapulco Hoedown!

Hey.. It's ME! AGAIN! Filling in for my mom today... enjoy!

We are reminded of that weird scene of Mad Dad appearing sympathetic. Will he be the first to get redemption?

ACAPULCO! People are putting on their costumes! Pluti looks great as a grumpy batman

Mousse boy looks like a Village Person in a cop outfit.

Eva looks GREAT in a Marie Antoinette getup that really shows off her huge shoulders.

Adri and his four musketeers (maybe they're conquistadors) greet Eva, but she shoots him down yet again. He falls all over himself trying to impress her. Man, Eva is so mean - "cut it out, you clown!" 

Helena to Juan - do you know how much danger your in? Him: the only danger is to not have you. They have a brief interchange, she bolts and he follows her. He tries really hard to patch things up, saying that he just has to fight to clear his name. He goes out on a limb asks if she really, really loves him. But it's not a risk (thanks to his spying). She admits that she does, but tells him he hurt her so much by becoming a man who didn't even exist. I can't apologize enough, he says, but I won't do that anymore (I'll just be a WOMAN who doesn't exist). Then, all of a sudden, they kiss and it's so good, apparently, that they are immediately transported naked in a pool with the chick band (they get a lot of business out of Juan) playing. Then they come back and discuss familiar themes. They kiss again in the wind. It looks like she really does believe in him now. She cuddles him closer and he looks very anxious. Man, this deck of cards is going to fall HARD! They have a goodbye kiss and then Juan, I presume, has to run off and spend the next half hour getting the Marie Antoinette back on. But first, he has to deal with PLUTI, who has just showed up to challenge him. Fortunately, Juan manages to get his mask on before Pluto gets a look at him.

Meanwhile, Mimi shows up in that same Antoinette outfit to stand in for Eva. Somehow Adriano doesn't notice the difference. Oh wait, she's not pretending, she is just running interference to stop Adri from rampaging around looking for Eva. "It's not fair that she makes me suffer like this." For once I agree.

I love watching Adri trot along like a horse (gangnam style?). Fernie does a good job of it, too, in his donkey suit. But then he makes an actual ass of himself when it was revealed that he came along to find a new job, not see Marcela's presentation. She does a good job of standing up to him for the "burro que eres." He actually looks impactado for once.

Jennifer's icky boyfriend knocks at the door and tries to force the matter. Barf. "I wait for you to show my love.... but what have you done to show your love to me?"

Now Mousse boy gives himself the it's-ok-to-be-gay pep talk, but there is some remarkably menacing music on. Is he about to come out to Adriano? But it doesn't work... Instead he gets Rebe, who does her thing (do we even need to describe it at this point?). She swishes off and he shoots her in the back with his plastic cop-gun.  Really? Is this really the best time for this?

Grumpy grumpy batman thinks he'll give an umpteenthultimate shot at pushing his case with Helena. Quite understandably, she tells him "didn't I explain this to you perfectly clearly yesterday after your "presentation?" He cravenly asks to be friends as an eavesdropping Rebe sneers at him and mocks.

An incensed Adri blusters at Eva for leaving him alone so long. Eva launches into an "I'm an independent woman. I'm a woman and a Mexican. A PROUD MEXICAN" tirade, and her outfit-twin mimi takes up the chorus. They tell Adri to get back on his horse and get out of there. (really I can't describe how silly this moment is). Wow, this party is a lot of fun!

Oooh, poor Mousse-boy - he comes out to the head of a LGBT network, who is a little taken aback at the presumption (I'm not gay, my outfit isn't as machismo-filled as yours, you don't have to assume I'm gay). He's crushed, and instead of revealing he's gay to Adri, he mentions that he's Juan Carlos' brother. Adria doesn't take it so well and draws steel (much to Eva's dismay). Then he turns to her and says "do;a evita, we must go and eat some chicken." Huh?

Ooh, Marcela gets Fernie back to the hotel room and REALLY LAYS INTO HIM for not seeing her as a human being. This is really gratifying, especially to watch him slump off in his donkey suit after she kicks him out.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Ezra. Two in a row!

Good call on the Village People outfit. (That was the second thing I thought of when I saw Renato. The first thing was "stripper at a bachelorette party.")

I missed half a scene while scraping some tortelloni off the kitchen floor... did the recruiter offer Marcela that job? Or was Ferni (aptly costumed) just getting steamed at the mere thought of it?
 

Wow, Ezra, that was so fast! Thanks for the recap and the Village People comparison. I kept on thinking YMCA but couldn't remember the group anymore.

Renato did have a good moment when he finally shut up Rebecca by kissing her in front of the office workers. Poor Jennifer being put in that difficult and dangerous situation because of her jackass of a father. Marcela had a really good moment when she kicked Fernando out into the night. Adriano galloping with his entourage was goofy but funny. I wonder how long it will take JC to confess to Helena Eva's identity and how long it will take her to get over it.

Jarifa
 

Ezra---- Wonderful recap. Yeah, I think Renato dressed up as the cop from the Village People group and what a great thing for him to tell Adri he is JC's brother. Was not expecting that. Even though Adri was pithed I think he will get over it. Loved Renato laying one on Rebe in front of the Blue Skirts who will chisme it all over G.I. That was such a good way to get back at Rebe.

Loved the talk with JC and Helena. I too think she has finally forgiven him. He really took a chance but loved his costume as Zorro, so appropos, lol. Loved what JC did when approached by Pluti too, something Zorro would do. Have his mask on , smile and take off, too bad there wasn't a horse available.

Was Rebe supposed to be CatWoman or BatGirl? I really couldnt' tell, lol.

Oh, Fern's costume so matched him, what a Jackass for sure, lol. I am glad Marcela found out what Fern was really up to there and also that she kicked him out and made him sleep elsewhere. Loved what she said to him about taking care, of him, the kids, the laundry the house and she works too! It was almost as if she asked him what's his excuse! He really needs to grow up.

Loved Lucia and Santi they are so cute.

Hated Daniel pressing himself on Jennifer and his constant reminding her of him getting Fern that job. I hated how he grabbed her, just like Fern would do, and the look of horror on her face. I can't stand that Daniel. I wish Jennifer would so kick him to the curb already!
 

Thanks for the recap Ezra.

I liked tonight's parallel: Mother and daughter both kicked our their man for being rotten.
 

"I'll be a *woman* who doesn't exist". OH boy, is Helena ever going to be mad at him when she finds out he's Eva.

Well said Ezra. I missed a lot of the conversation between Helena and JC and I'm so glad you filled in the details!!! Muchas gracias!!

PLuty looked hot in the batman outfit. Too bad he's a putz. Mimi looked hot in the Marie Antoinnette outfit ( I think that's what she was?). It was really nice of Mimi to be there're to run interference for Eva/Juan.

So I guess the writers figured that if the Juannettes can be imaginary as they play music for Juan and Helena, the actual kissing scene in the pool could also be imaginary. Well I admit I really enjoyed watching them kiss and kiss and kiss!! Cute couple! Gertie
 

Thank you so much,Ezra - what a fun recap! I blew setting my recorder and missed this one. Sounds like a hoot. Thank you for filling me in on what I missed!
 

Thank you for a great recap and thanks for filling in.
Fern's costume was so appropriate.
What an idiot!!!! I was proud of Marsela for not taking his foolishness.

 

Thanks for TWO recaps, Ezra. Does the double meaning of the word 'ass' work in Spanish also? I guess it must. Fernando's costume couldn't be an accident.

I don't like how they're handling Silvia. I'm worried that they'll have her go back to Bastardo. I can accept any redemption for him other than that. The scene he had with Lalo was sweet, but then he's always been good to the BOY.

JC should have a worried look. He continues to add weight to his anvil. I liked how Mimi pointed out to him there's just one "tiny detail" in the way. I think that if as Eva he had avoided interfering in her relationship with Juan, he might have gotten away with saying he did it to look after her.
 

Ezra, thanks for delivering with your usual wit & charm -- even if you do say "Village Person" as if it's a bad thing. (And Julie, you say "stripper at a bachelorette party" as if it's a bad thing...or is that just my guilty conscience?)

A hopeful side note: Gabriel said they started the gay tourism business because his business partner is gay...and then he offered Renato a job. Maybe there's still a cute pareja in the works. ;}
 

That must be your guilty conscience, Blue Lass, because I meant it as a good thing. :)

Madelaine - I guess Rebeca was supposed to be "CatGirl". I think it's the same outfit Candi had in Familia! (I also think Renato said she bit him?)
 

Thanks Ezra for two recaps in a row. ITA with you all that Fer's costume was perfect for him. I am also glad that Marce didn't let him off the hook and told him about himself. I am so sick of the way that he not only doesn't appreciate all that Marce does, but also tries to tear her down when she has successes. Other than Daniel having a creepy rapist vibe, all his other tricks are out of the Fernando play book.

I loved the costume party. What fun. I'm glad that JC opened his heart to Helena and she responded in kind. Now, about that tiny Eva problem...

Good for Renato for telling Adri he's JC brother. I don't think it was the right time to tell him that he's gay, as JC/Eva was trying to force him to do. I hope Renato takes the job at the other agency where he will be appreciated and doesn't have to hide who he is (sexuality or who he's related to).
 

He did, Julie! He said she bit him! I loved that manly smooch & hat-spin so much I watched it three times. :)
 

Thanks so much for the double duty, Ezra.

I love the physcality of Camil's humor. The leaping & dancing as he told Mimi that Helena had forgiven him was so joyful & fun to watch. That, of course, was just before Mimi reminded him of the "one little detail" standing between him & Helena -- Eva. Helena is going to be so P***ed. She keeps on telling him how much she hates lies.

Renato was so psyched to out himself after Eva encouraged him to do so. But -- chasing Adri around all night & asking to talk to him was not the way to do it.I was so not expecting him to out himself as JC's brother instead. Wonder how that will play out.

You Go Marsela! She really laid out to Fernando what he needs to do. She was right on the money telling him that he doesn't want a job -- he wants applause. btw I don't think that the head hunter actually offered Marsela a job. He just expressed interest in her talents. And I agree with you all that Fernando's costume was no accident. He is indeed an ass.

Güera


 

Ochoa was so funny with his little imaginary horsey. I'm actually starting to see what Mimi might like about him -- although he's too old for me, of course.
 

Okay, I don't know about you, but didn't anyone see the Disney "Cinderella" reference? Not talking about the glass slipper either! (That one was too obvious!) When Eva and Mimi exit the ballroom following Adriano, they hold their skirts and walk EXACTLY like the two step sisters in the film. Funny, funny!!! Even the plume in the Marie Antoinette outfits bops the same way. Seriously hilarious stuff! (Eva, for most of the ball, looked like a man. I manage to forget it most of the time, but the MA wig didn't do it this time.)

Is the lake scene a metaphor to say that Juan and Helena need to cool it off a bit? I don't know, but I'd rather use my imagination than have the girly faux band do what they pretend to do best: play an instrument, even if they don't know a thing about it. (They need to disappear.)

Adriano was particularly funny,riding his imaginary horse. I expected Atmos, Portos and Aramis--the old geezers--to be the other muskateers but they looked a little to "vibrant" for the roles.

Pluti made for a hot dark knight... though I usually think of Batman in positive terms, which is not the case with the Pluuut.

Any guess as to what Onesimo would have worn for the ball? I say a pirate!
 

I think Onésimo would have been a fox...he's a sly one!
 

Annick - you're right, the Antoinette outfit was not as good a disguise for Juan as the Eva getup is. (I didn't recognize the Disney references as such, but I did think some of that stuff looked familiar.)

I think Mimi's got some nerve to scold Juan about keeping Eva's identity from Helena. Not too long ago, he WANTED to tell Helena and it was MIMI who talked him out of it!

Say, shouldn't we be in ultimas semanas by now? I'd think it would be soon... I was thinking it's usually six weeks, but maybe it varies?
 

Annick, thsnks for the Cinderella visual references. I just bought the Cinderella dvd so now I will have to watch it sooner rather than later!

Jarifa
 

Thanks Ezra!

I am more convinced that the only way out of this for Eva is her untimely death. Somehow Helena will find out the JC=Eva and after she undestands and forgives him they will arrange for Eva to die. the JC will return. It just won't come 'round right if Eva=JC is revealed to all.

Thay's my idea, and I'm sticking with it.

Sue in Florida
 

Julie ~~~~ you are so right about the catgirl outfit, lol. I had forgotten that Candi wore one in Familia ; )
 

Ezra you have a future as a telenovela writer! thanks for your consistently hilarious and insightful recaps.

but did i miss something? what did Juan do to convince Helena that he finally "gets it". After all the to-do with Eva going around asking everyone what women want, what has he done to address Helena's "miedo".

If we the audience weren't privy to the "truth", from Helena's point of view Juan and Pluti are the same: all either one does is tell Elena how much he loves her, that he wants to win her back, how he loves Lalito, and how beautiful she is. What has now changed between Helena and Juan? Did he say something i missed to convince her? Or is it just her feelings for him which are controlling her behavior?

Help!

carolina
 

That pool scene sure seemed like someone stuck it in there with Elmer's glue. Like, they filmed a whole section about them ending up in the pool together, but either in Mexico or Univision they decided to cut it. Then they lifted out that few seconds and shoehorned it in last night with nothing to connect it to the rest of the scene. As if you had a stain on your wallpaper so you patched it with another piece of wallpaper that was the same color but a totally different pattern.

 

I've got wallpaper and flooring that are "fixed" that way all throughout my house (it's very old).

Carolina, Helena's attitude towards Juan changed when she realized just how far back and how profound Pluto's lies were. When she finally saw Antonia's REAL thesis, it all became clear. And she even hinted around and gave him a chance to come clean, and he wouldn't do it. So now she can see that he did in fact steal her proposal wholesale and frame Juan.

When she thinks about it a little longer she will no doubt also remember that he used to tell her that Antonia was distant with him and she'll realize that was a lie too, that he's been working her all the way back to day one.

I'll grant you that just because Pluto is now a proven liar, it does not necessarily follow that Juan is completely innocent. But he has owned up to his wrongdoing with her - that is, everything except Eva. And we know that little bombshell will be dropped in its own good time and then she'll be feeling those doubts all over again.
 

I thought I saw a waterfall in that pool scene. Was that a flashback? Did they go "swimming" together, way back when they were dating?
 

I think the waterfall was meant to be HEAVILY SYMBOLIC IMAGERY.

 

I guess it's better than a train going into a tunnel!
 

:D

 

I agree with Blue Lass, that the waterfall kissing scene was *meant* to be symbolic. I know the two of them went swimming in the early eps when he was Juan Perron. But that was in the ocean, not the pool. I also agree with Paula that post production probably said, 'we can't let this scene go to waste, let's shoe horn it in.' The heavenly orchestra playing with the scene helped it look a bit more like intended symbolism. My interpretation is that they are both in deep now and PLuty is completely on the outside looking in.

But Bill is also right. Juan is adding weight to his anvil especially every time Eva manipulates Helena into Juan's arms. Gertie

 

Ezra, thanks for two great recaps in a row! Loved all the costumes, even the minor ones like the Evalettes.

Adri was hilarious riding his horse! Fernando as a jackass was absolutely perfect. Renato (stripper/Village People) was spot on, as was the revenge kiss he laid on Rebeca.

Loved the kissy romance scene with Juan and Helena, even with the pasted in pool fireworks.

Thank goodness Jennifer held the line with evil Daniel.

Eva in the Marie Antoinette wig wasn't the best look for her. Proves that love (Adri) is blind.

La Paloma
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder