Thursday, February 07, 2013

Amores Verdaderos #64 Thu 2/7/13 all the men in the city seem to be thinking 'how did i get in trouble again? ' or ' did i do THAAAAAAT???' Some react guilt-ridden, some have too much pride to admit mistakes

Please forgive me, my dvdr will NOT record anymore, this recap is all typed real-time.. so pls forgive if some translations are not totally accurate or I missed anything.

Refritis:
- JA and Vikki laugh together watching the video of the commercial, joke about how hard it was to take his makeup off.
- At MI, Nikki mocks Bea in front of Frankie… sort of, Bea is not biting all crap coming out of Nikki’s hypocritic mouth.
- On street, Paula and Cris talk. Cris tells Pau Adri sure her baby is not dead.
- Cris sees the billboard and goes berserk…

Lo Nuevo:

Back at offices, Nikki tells Bea she will wait for her dad. Frankie summons Nikki to another room. But before he can haul her away, Nikki kids with Bea about Frankie.
Nikki wants to know the skeletons in Frankie’s closet of the past, he is not amused. ‘rokero y melenudo’ (long haired rocker)

At Vikki’s office,
they are hurting bellies from laughing. He blushes childishly. She says his laugh is contagious.. (I agree).
- Did you like it? …
- The truth? Yes, but I feel like that is not me.
Vikki gets cell phone call. Someone coming in to visit from Paris. (Jocelyn). Another call. This time it is Doris. Seems this billboard got around the world quick! (wasn’t the concorde retired? lol I know, satellite communications make videos available around the world in the blink of an eye...) Once the call is over, Vikki explains to Angel her friends just came back from Europe.
A: Too bad my friends are so far, Sta Rita… (then he remembers) Cristina! She has not seen the commercial!!
 Vikki recommends he tell Cris about it before she sees it and makes up a whole false story.
 (a bit too late for damage control, don't you think?)



NilSon in his office wants ads all over the place, this is a very important campaign. Nikki comes in. NilSon barges/barks at her about her ‘state’(drunk) she came home last night in.
- If a drunk man looks bad, a drunk woman … (ya salio el peine, this man is prejudiced against women!, among other issues of his)
Niki wants to talk about him and his ‘la urrica (sp?) esa’…
- do you intend to keep being unfaithful (poniendole el cuerno) to my mom??

At Vikki’s office
 Angel is going berserk scared about Cris’ reaction. Bea brings Angel’s check. Viki gives it to him with a smile. He is reluctant to take it.
- The agency has to pay the model who worked on the commercial. (His jaw drops to floor at seeing the check.) Marketing modeling pays very well.
HE wants to give it back to her as part of the repayment for the mortgage of his house.

Back to NilSon's office, he is trying to get a picture in Nikki's head that he loves her mother above all else. Nikki is not quite following/agreeing
- You love her but you sleep with another?  'Menos me entra en el disco duro lo que hiciste, papa!’(what you did does not 'compute' in my hard drive, daddy) … you did not care to push aside a woman like my mother, and even less you thought about me….
He is now in apologetic mode…
- Why did you do it, papa? You (two) were happy.
- I am doing everything possible (the impossible) to get your mother’s trust back.
- I don't know. My mom is very nice but don’t think she will swallow the pill of your betrayal easily.

At reception, Frankie is asking Bea not to give Nikki more ammo to mock him with. Bea says Nikki seems a very charming/entertaining person… Dances arrives, Frankie’s mood spoils and he leaves in a huff.

Nikki and Vicky meet at reception, with Angel, Frankie and Bea around. Vicky is on way out.. Nikki is very cold with her. Vicky and Angel leave. Frankie asks Nikki what is up with you and your mama? (as if this is totally new to him, Nikki and Vikki debacle) Nikki does not want to talk about it. Her mother depressed her, Nikki looks down sad.

At her apt, Paula is surprised to have Anibal waiting for her, he had an extra set of keys…
- I want to talk about what happened this morning…
- I know you left me and we broke up. But if your daughter Adri can come here and question me, I have the right to do the same. You don’t live here anymore.
- Not my choice, you wanted to break up.
- I only was trying to get more of your time, go to movies, to a good restaurant, but you always feared your family would see us together. We spent 20 yrs like this!! ..
- You know I love you. But I want to please my daughters. They reject me because you and I were traveling when their mother died…
- (Paula plays martyr again) You don’t care about me.
- IF I didn’t I would not be here.
- Then you better start explaining to me the story about your daughter and granddaughter.
- Ok I will tell you the truth right now. When Adri turned 15, she got pregnant with a nobody.
- Did he not respond?
- On the contrary, he wanted to marry her. But I split them, so he would not ruin her life. So I got him sent away. He just wanted our social status and money. A child would have joined them forever but I wanted the best for Adriana.
- (Paula insists) What if he would have made her ha…'
- (a bit louder) He was not at her level! And if she had the baby, no worthy man would have considered her. Since she wanted to have the baby, I hid her at the hacienda so no one would find out. But she got ill when she was going to have the baby…
- and the baby died?
- No, she didn’t die. Her daughter is alive…
- what did you do?? … (she is a good actress for sure, faking she knows NOTHING about the story)…
- I handed the baby to Dr Montano… and told her(Adriana) her daughter was still born. That was the only way I could think of to straighten up her life…
Paula is sickened… she never thought the man she loved could be such a monster.

Adri and Antonio dining at some rest/cafe… She is still looking for the solid proof to force Anibal B to say what he did with my baby girl…
- Did you ever find the birth certificate.
- No.
- To bury someone you need a death certificate…
- Then in that certificate must be the name of my dad’s accomplice… I need to find that doctor. He needs to confess where is Lucia.

Back to Pau-Whiner/Anyballs…
Pau-Whiner keeps asking where his granddaughter is…
- Telling Adri would be disaster. She is impulsive, violent. And most of all, Vikki would condemn me the moment she found out what I did to Adri’s baby.
- It is time you…
- I can expect reproach from Adri and Vikki, but you?... no! …
- Just like you forced Adri and her baby girl separated, you forced me to abandon my children…
- You agreed to it, so that we could travel without the children bothering us… At this stage in the game, don’t try to throw your sentimental baggage at me…

At some beauty parlor, stated ‘Doris’ is getting her nails done, (talking to another woman, maybe Jocelyn?) She looks just like a younger Vikki. Here comes Vikki (with Angel with Hugs trailing behind her) to meet with them… she knows both Doris and Jocelyn well. They ask who is Angel, he is my bodyguard… both ladies start mumbling and drooling…

Bea and Dances at reception…
- Did you mention Leo?
- Of course not. I just warned him not to bother you.
- I hope he will accept the divorce in a civilized way (wishful thinking on your part, Bea, you know better)
- I enjoyed last night.
- Me too…
- The issue with that other woman is over… I am free, and I will wait for you however long it takes.
Bea has no response. In comes Cris… she is not in mood for jokes… tells Bea she is looking for her husband. 'I saw the ads….'

Vicky introduces Angel to the ladies…
Jocelyn asks Angel what is your first name. 'JAA, at your service…' Vikki orders some pampering for Angel (massage, facial mask treatment…) Angel tells Vikki ‘I don’t do that’… Vikki says 'now men take care of themselves just like women… you are the image of that line of clothing. (trajes Aldo)  and this is a unisex spa… for both men and women. (Another client that is there at the time, and it turns out to be Estefano, yes, THAT Estefano!!) Vikki greets him happily… He congratulates her on the campaign… then leaves soon after. After some insisting, Angel agrees reluctantly to let them ‘pamper’ him, and is hauled away.

Back at reception at MI, Bea is asking Dances not to look at her ‘like that’.
- Then you feel SOMETHING when I look at you. What is it you feel? I can’t help to look at you. You know what you inspire in me.
Phone rings, at same time Kendrat arrives. She came to see NilSon… Bea says he had asked to not send through any calls, but she will check with him anyway… Bea leaves… Kendrat stands right by Dances.
- Did you drop for her? For that ‘bland’ie? Careful if you set me aside, let alone for someone so worthless like her.
Bea comes back. Kendrat leaves and Dances no longer has a smile on his face, not singing ‘You make me feel like dancing!’ anymore.

Back at spa… ladies are still having fun, they ask Vikki ‘tell us everything about him.’ He is a bon bon! … what were we talking about? The expo! Will you go with us?' Vikki is tired, wants to go home and rest. The ladies huddle… Jocelyn tells Vikki ‘then I want Arriaga for myself! I need a good bodyguard to take to the expo. Imagine my going to the expo with Arriaga, it will be the ‘sensation!’(the talk of the town) … Vikki gets sad. They ask her what is up. She says it is her husband NilSon… Jocelyn comments ' the perfect marriage does not exist'… Doris jumps 'Mine IS'… Viki says 'NilSon was unfaithful to me..'

Said NilSon and KenDrat are arguing in his office. It is not good for him to get divorced from Vikki.
K: Is that for convenience or … for love? You don’t have to answer. I get it that you want to stay together with Vikki… Don’t worry, (she puts on the play) precisely because I knew you would get back with Vikki, I went looking for ‘someone else’… (this gets his attention)

Back at spa... Vikki gives the women the details of how she ‘found’ NilSon in the office. She can’t forgive his betrayal… Jocelyn admits her husband is unfaithful to her too… but she got over it… Doris nags her ‘how can you talk about that so coldly?’… Vicky says 'infidelity is unforgiveable'. Jocelyn is about to say something ‘for’ unfaithful men again, Doris almost stops her, but Joc says it anyway… Vikki says 'without trust, nothing can happen between us two.'
Jocelyn gives up (does not throw the white towel on her head, though).

Back to NilSon’s office, he is now sweating, you can see a bit of confusion in his face… He is in disbelief she ‘found another’.
K: -  I am with you not for a company, not for money, not for a daughter, only for love. I want a relationship with you because I love you. But I want you to be happy with Vikki, just give me some of your time (let me be your side show).
- But if my daughter, Vikki or Viejo Zorro AnyBalls find out, I… (will be fried meat, won’t you ?)
She puts on a desperate crying skid… he hugs her, she hugs him, obviously faking tears, looks away.

Back at spa, Vikki continues to explain about NilSOn to the ladies at spa… Jocelyn will coordinate a ‘cheer up’ party for her. then insists on taking Arriaga with her.
V: - Arriaga is a human being, not an object that can be borrowed around… I want to ask him what does he think…

Cristina arrives at the spa. Viki is surprised at seeing her.
- IS my husband with you?
- Yeah over there!...
Cris goes to the 'wash/facial' station, where he is…
- Jose Angel! (he sits up scared, and has his face covered with a white mask… Vicky has followed them so she is a few feet away) (Cris tells Vikki) It is good he got a mask on… That is the price of fame!... (to him) I just saw you on the street!... A few blocks from home in one of those giant posters marketing men’s clothing… but know what? In every corner on my way here there was an ad with your picture!! (Cris is manhandling him as she is talking.. Viki is oblivious that Cris is ‘torturing’ Angel. )
V: - Arriaga did us the favor of helping us out…
Cris continues ‘faking’ like she is buying the whole thing but she continues torturing him physically…
C: - (to spa lady) Put more mask cream on him.
(the funniest thing is how Vikki is totally oblivious about the scene)

Back home, Anyballs is remembering Adriana going berserk asking him about her baby,  and then also remembers Pau-whiner saying she can’t believe the man she has loved for 20 yrs can be such a monster…
Tomasina comes and tells him the new piano teacher is on her way, Anyballs says he does not want to see her…
Paula arrives, Tomasina walks her in the house..

Back at spa, Cris is still standing by Angel and talking to Vicky about the ads as if it were the greatest news… Vikki says 'we can show you the video of the commercial'. Cris says 'if they are coming to the house to interview him, I need to look the part!'… Angel stands up quick in protest (he wants no 'PART' of that)…



Previews:

Cris draws the territorial line with Vicky by planting a HUGE kiss on Angel in front of her…

But… (Jocelyn is introduced as her new rival)

Frankie runs into Paula at the house, later he reveals to Nikki ' your new piano teacher is... my mother…' Nikki impactada. (why should she be? Doesn’t she remember how well he plays piano too?)

Labels:


Comments:
Marta: What a wonderful recap and so quick too! Loved your title especially the did i do Thaaaat? Too funny.

Nikki needs to aplogize to her Mama already. Furry Fornicator needs a huge GIANT PIE CART, never mind the SUPERSIZED one, I am glad he wasn't successful in trying to pull the wool over Nikki's eyes. What a Putz he is! Oh, and poor Nikki on that sofa in the Furry Fornicator's office. I hope it has been thru the detox chamber or at least Febreezed. Ewwwww!



Angel and Vikki are too funny. Loved the salon scenes too funny. I liked the mask they gave him and Cris coming in. She was actually more accepting than I thought she'd be. She actually seemed proud of his modeling. Let's see how long that lasts. I am hoping she has turned a corner with the jealousy. Ruh, Roh, now Jocelyn has it bad for the Angel. The avances look funny with Jocelyn and the Angel.

I am so shocked, I tell you shocked that Anyballs told PauToo the truth about exactly what happened at the birth of Adri's bebe. I just knew he got rid of Adri's boyfriend just as he did Vikki's. So the guy wanted to marry Adri. I hope he comes and makes an appearance. Anyballs is a monstor just as PauToo said. Now I wonder if PauToo will tell Adri all about it.

I am really liking Antonio. He always gives Adri such good advice. I hope she finds the birth certificate, if there is one. Hopefully, little by little, Adri will find Lucia.

Ah, Dances and Betty so like them together, and may the anvil of destiny hit Kendho extra hard for what she said about Betty. Shame on Kendho. Betty is like a millon times better than Kendho any day.

Can't wait to see what Nikki does to PauToo after Guzmi tells her that is his Mama. Should be something!
 

Oh, and sorry about your DVR troubles Marta. Technology is great, but sometimes they don't cooperate. Kudos though for this fab recap done in real time. I know how hard that is. : )
 

Great job Marta with technical difficulties. So it seems there are too takes on Cris's reaction at the spa. You seem to think she was using irony and was actually upset about the ads. Mass seems to feel she was being genuine in her excitement. When the scene started I thought she as being ironic, but by the time it ended I thought she was being genuine. Now, I'm not sure. Hmmm...

That Joclyn is trouble. At least it might take Cris's focus off Vicky.

I was very surprised Anibal told Paula the whole truth. The question is, what will she do with that info? This whiny woman sure does know a whole lot of Balvanera secrets. I wish she would quit whining about losing her kids when she made that selfish choice of her own free will.

Did you notice Salsero sneaking Bea that candy bar? So cute.
 

Sorry for the typos. My tablet likes to correct things. That should be two points of view, and Mads not Mass.
 

I'm sorry for your dvdr-troubles, and thank you for the recap, SuperMarta! I'll read it later.

Vivi:
I can confirm you 100% sure that Cris genuinely loved the commercial. :) And she wasn't being ironical, she was just happy to see Arriaga sitting in that chair. Because he's a typical "beauty treatments, masks, creams, pedicure and manicure are for women, I'm too macho for those things, roarrr" kind of guy, and she's never been able to talk him into going to a beauty salon.
Her and Angel's reactions made this scene so hilarious.

Oh, Jocelyn's the Mexican Paris Hilton, an overaged, shallow partygirl. She's a hoot.
 

Marta - Thank you for the great recap, and typed a la Dictaphone, no less! Wow. Maritere was the only other forista I knew who could do this.

Good on Nikki for confronting the FF about his affair! Nikki was quite cute when she was chatting with Bea, too. For all her faults and as much as Nikki drives me crazy, I cannot help but like her! Eiza is doing an excellent job with this role.

I was shocked, also, that Anibal told Paula the truth.

Who owns or pays for the upkeep in that apartment of Paula's? I didn't think she brought any money into the relationship. Or maybe that is her 'payment' for her relationship with Anibal.

Did I miss something, or did Vikki ~NOT~ tell Joce that JA is married? Another fact omission .... and basic rule of telenovelaland. Gah.

Cris definitely caught me off guard with being so thrilled at JA's modeling in the ad campaign. (I was ready for another tirade.)

 

Marta - Thanks. Enjoyed the recap, especially the detailed Nikki dialogue.

Yay, Cris likes that Angel could become a "star." I suspected that she might. She loves that man and looks up to him. She's a country girl and just gets so excited (and maybe doesn’t know her own strength). In her opening scene in the AV premiere, Cris was in a homemade face mask recipe she'd gotten from a TN magazine, so it's so funny that Angel's wearing one now. I think he's embarrassed that the folks back home in Santa Rita will think he's become a metrosexual. Seeing Longoria’s son there probably didn’t help him. I know Jean Marie has his crush, but I’m not convinced Longoria’s son is gay.

So funny when Chris went on about the possibilities of commercials, her own interviews as the wife, and then TNs -- and then backed off TNs because Angel would have to kiss someone. I think she's always going to be jealous of Vickie's intentions, but maybe she'll trust Angel more (but should she?). In the future clips that they use to cut to commercials, last night for the first time they included a clip of Vickie (in white suit) and Angel (in ranch shirt) kissing.

Loved Nikki socking it to her father. Now she needs to apologize to Vikki.
 

Doris - "did Vikki ~NOT~ tell Joce that JA is married?" I kept waiting for her to tell Joce to back off because Angel is married, but she didn't.
 

Now that Cris no longer has Big Angel all to herself down on the farm, she has to deal with the harsh reality that other mujers will lust after him. Some of that lusting may not just be in the heart. This is the price of marrying a goodlooking hombre. Even if he is not interested in other women, that doesn't mean that other women will not try to attract and tempt him. Just saying....Cris, you'd better treat him right and give him what he needs to keep saying ''no, no, y no'' to your persistent and growing competition.
 

New rules...How about Big Bon Bon? p.s. I'm a little confused. I guess Nikki is not Adriana's child but Lily is. Did Cris and Big Bon Bon adopt her fair and square ? Does Lily know that she is adopted ? I've been watching another great, old North American telenovela ''North and South,'' so I've missed a lot of the action lately.
 

Hola, dear Mad Bess/Susanlynn, it's always good to see you. :)

Lili's probably Adri's child, but she wasn't adopted. Cris went into labor early (when Angel Bonboncito was at work), she had a very difficult childbirth, and she was ill afterwards. Viewerville suspects the poor Arriaga baby died, and since Candelaria is a nurse, she (and Aníbal's doctor friend) might have switched the babies to spare Cris and José Ángel the pain.
 

Thanks, Aribeth, that cleared some things up for me. ``technologically-challenged`Susanlynn, struggling to use her new laptop
 

SuperMarta---No dvr but still a super recap, you live up to your name once again.
Marta, "wasn't the Concord retired"
had me laughing.
Another one of your great ones was-
"Dances no longer has a smile on his face. Not singing "you make me feel like dancing" anymore.

susanlynn---Little Orchid Lily cries everytime she sees Adriana, that's the call of the blood.

Aribeth---Angel Bonboncito, LOL and, Joclyn an overaged Mexican Paris Hilton. You are too good.

the seer said that Angel would have a son---Jocelyn, maybe???
the gringo
 

Thank you so much, Marta! With your speedy fingers and bilingual brain, "technical difficulties" aren't even speed bumps for you.

I noticed a few things about this episode:

First, very little REAL TIME elapsed, maybe an hour or two from the day before (Cris sees the billboard, looks for JA in the office and tracks him down at the Unisex salon). But in spite of its, you should excuse the expression, SNAIL-like pace, the comedy moved fast and free.

Second, the exchange between Beatriz and Nikki in which a few details of a younger Guzmancito emerge (he was a rockero? with long hair? and he always looked so serious people used to ask what he was mad about?) was delightful. I LOVE the fact the Beatriz can enjoy Nikki. That speaks well of both women and the actresses were terrific in this little scene.

The salon scene was just a hoot.

Mads, I was also shocked that Aníbal actually told PaulaToo the truth about Adriana's baby. Now Paula holds all the cards and I'm betting she plays dirty.

Vivi nailed it yesterday about Cris's reaction to JA's "star" status -- his ad has gone straight to her bubblehead!
 

Loved how Cris turned JA's 'stardom' into all about her: Will they come to interview me at home? What should I wear for interviews? I can't be seen in these 'fachas' (I look a sight), sure I need the spa treatment, etc, etc. Too funny.
 

Just for grins 'n' giggles:

Vidas de Fuego featuring Rulli:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbsPrdklm-4
 

Thank you Marta! Your ability to do these things in real time is just amazing.

I loved the line about Salsero not singing "You make me feel like dancing." Very funny!
 

Thanks Marta, what an amazing job. Well done.

I was very proud of our Nikki last night, both in her confrontation of Nelson and her gracious behavior with Beatriz. Even her session with Dr. Kendra was a lot of fun if not therapeutic for her.

Looks like tonight is going to be hilarious.

Best wishes to all of you facing this incredible weather. Stay safe and warm, everyone.

Carlos
 

The main protagonists of "Amores Verdaderos" are on "Gordo y la Flaca" today. Uni repeats it at 4am PT Sat am. Not sure how it works for ET. Great show.
SFChicaBonita
 

SuperMarta: I echo NovelaMav's words--speedy fingers and bilingual brain. This did not need any refining and keeps us up to date and on our dancing toes. Gracias.

Tomorrow I'll be setting up the Meta*Mart cafe, featuring all the Tables set up by the Limpid Pool
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder