Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #139 2/5/13: Better Late Than Never!

Hey gang, sorry I didn't make it last night. here you go!

We get a look at the aftermath of Adri's little choque yesterday. . . the doc tells Eva that it wasn't supers serious, but it happened because he wasn't following proper recommendations about his hypertension (Eva should feel a little guilty... she's been stressing him out big-time).

Doc recommends that someone spend the night to keep watch on Adri. Adri pulls out the puppy eyes to ask Eva to say. She reluctantly assents but says NO FUNNY BUSINESS.

Helena invites Juan to come with her to Acapulco. He is quick to agree, but then a shadow casts over his face as he realizes it could be hard to explain Eva's sudden disappearance (especially given her fiancee's tender state) if he goes with Helena.

Eugenia really does seem to have the interest of a film producer! Yay! Maybe that'll shut Claudia up.

Back to the real focus of this capitulo, Eva is starting to panic. I don't see why Adri's illness means Eva has to get in the *bed* with him... It seems like that could lead to increased vascular stress, not the other way around (if you know what I mean). Nonetheless, she finally has an idea to stall for time - she can't sleep without her nightgown!

Luci and Santi go to a chick flick. She catches him getting moist in the eyes, but doesn't tease him as much as she should.

As Eva builds a wall of pillows to protect her from Adri's advances, he tells her that he only had the attack because they haven't been intimate in so long. Right (I hear the sound of a million eyes rolling).

Eva sneaks away to see if Mimi can bail him out (he has to leave for Acapulco tomorrow). She makes a big show of turning Juan down (good - she needs to set some boundaries). Nonetheless, when Adri wakes up, there is Mimi, sitting on her bed. She says, um, Eva had a dying aunt or something. How convenient! Adri doesn't totally buy it, so Mimi lets him know that someday your fiancee will tell you why she does all these weird things. HAHA. I can't wait!

OH NO! The producer comes to visit Eugenia. Claudia looks on from the shadows. He clarifies that he wants to use her *house* to shoot a film in. That is soooo sad.

Back at the GI offices, Rebe tries to put some more pressure on Mousse Boy, but he turns the tables on her with his best trick and makes a show of seduction for the onlooking blue-skirts. I must say, I love watching the flustered look on her face.



Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Ezra. What is the sound of a million eyes rolling?

I think that where I am they cut the scene with Lucia and Santi at the movies. Unless I blacked out. Guera, did you see it?

Ha. Rebeca keeps getting kissed, but always by men she considers below her station. She suffers so.

Adrianno is so funny. What a big teddy bear. I think that after Juan, he has learned the most in the course of this TN. Like him, I still miss Antonia.

The real Eva looks like a hoot. I'm thinking this is going to be a lot of fun... as well as trouble.
 

I did not see the Santi-Lucia movie scene either. Was the pop corn good?

Lucia needs to learn to keep secrets to herself when she is asked to shush instead of making herself self-important by telling Copetes that Helena se fue a Acapulco. With Renato working for the dark knight, we know he will spill the beans about Helena's trip, and Don Pluti will be on the first flight there to see who is the mystery man in Helena's life.

Adriano is my second favorite character on the show, which says a lot because I used to hate his womanizing ways with the university crowd.

New Eva is throwing a wrench of enviable proportions into the mix. I wonder if Dagoberto was the one who found her and got her back to Mexico...? He disappeared so suddenly AND had that piece of information about real Eva.
 

Thank you Ezra for the recap!

I think that the appearance of the real Eva is setting the tone for me. Seeing her with the two artificial/stuffed birds hanging from her hair makes me think that the rest of this aventura is going to be really crazy!!! (as if it hasn't been from the start):)

Eva telling Adriano a sleepytime tale was cute. Rebeca and Pluterco really are kinkier than I thought. Just when I thought Claudia was recovering from her snarkiness, she had a relapse.

Last but not least, Lucía's mouth betrays Helena one more time. She should have learned her lesson with Lucía when she dropped the bomb about the broken engagement. So now, who can Helena really trust besides Eva?

Jarifa
 

Real Eva does look like she's about to bring a whole lot of crazy to the story. I also think Dogbert was the one who tracked her down.

I am disappointed in both Lucia and Renato-- her for not keeping her mouth shut, and him for spying for Pluti. Shame on them both! I also did not see the movie scene.

I was also disappointed to see Claudia being so snarky when she saw Eugenia's disappointment with the director. I thought there had been some forward movement between the two of them.
 

Ezra, thanks for the great recap. I didn't see the Santi/Lucia movie thingy either. I bet it was a hoot.

I wonder if the "real" Eva is really the "real" Eva. Mimi looked like she really didn't know her. Those parakeets in her hair were a laugh riot. I wonder if Dogbreath tracked down someone to imitate the real Eva. Just a thought. Mimi so doesn't look comfortable around her or seem to get the feel of her being Eva.Agree with Annick about Eva.

Eugenia just can't catch a break. Poor thing, I wish she hadn't let her agent go. He is really on the up and up. Just to use the house for filming was so sad. I wish they had at least offered her a small part. It was so sad that Claudia thinks this is so funny. I thought she was growing up a little.

I am surprised that Adri wasn't more suspicious about Eva going off again. Poor Mimi always comes to the rescue. Can't beleive Adri went back to work already, but I do like the advice he gave Pluti.

Speaking of Pluti, I guess Renato is turning to the dark side. All cause of Lucia. I agree with Vivi about Renato and Lucia. I don't like the avances at all. But Helena should be on the lookout for Pluti cause she mentioned it to Eva. We'll have to see.
 

I didn't see Lucia and Santi at the movies either. Weird. But we saw plenty of Original Eva. She looks familiar, but I'm not sure where I've seen her before. (The budgies in her hair remind me of that bus driver in South Park who had a bird on her head. I think her bird was supposed to be alive, though!)

Annick - I like your "wrench of enviable proportions" comment. I always figured she'd show up eventually, and I assume that Dogbreath had a lot to do with her sudden arrival. He was interested in money and investments, and all of a sudden here's Original Eva wanting to know if the boarding-house is a good investment. Coincidence? Doubt it! (Do we really need another new mystery at this point? Perhaps it will make more sense later.)

I'm glad Eugenia fired her agent after the crack he made about her "health." It also sounded as though he'd been blowing her off for the last few weeks. She needs an agent who believes in her.
 

Birds? That's what those were? I was wondering. At first I thought she might be a more extreme version of Mimi, but I don't like her. She's here for the house that Mimi has put so much into. I think that (and the Juan thing) is why she looks nervous. She's going to lose her livelihood to this nutjob who wears fake birds in her hair.

Kelly
 

Thanks for the recap Ezra! So THAT was the sound of a million eyes rolling? I was wondering what that was!!

Adri was so very cute and I do agree with Ezra that much of his stress is caused by Eva. I wish JC / Eva would go easy on Adri or Eva will wind up having PLuty for a jefe instead. Phew that was a close call!!

I think PLuty is going to try to follow Helena to Acapulco or worse. He 's practically gone from stalking-mode to search-and-destroy mode.

After last night's capitulo, I had that same feeling of disappointment in both Lucia and Renato as Vivi did. Helena has shown them both nothing but respect and professionalism and this is the best they can do?? Lucia is just one of those people who can't keep a secret no matter how hard she tries. Renato on the other hand feels anxious about his position at GI and will do anything to further himself. I hope Renato figures out that PLuty is just using him like he uses everyone else.

The real Eva is so crude and pushy. She reminds me of a Mexican "Ado Annie". Remember Gloria Graham (Oklahoma and Its a wonderful life)) with those bee-stung lips?? She made me laugh but I still felt bad for Mimi having to put up with her. I'm sure Dogbert has everything to do with real Eva's arrival. Gertie
 

Hmm. "Gertie" recalls "Ado Annie." Do I detect an Oklahoma fan?
 

I believe our real Eva is played by Susana Zabaleta, who was hottie Ruth in Fuego en la Sangre. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

La Paloma
 

You got it Paula H, my sistah!!. What not to love about Oklahoma and It's a Wonderful Life! Puts a smile on my face!! Gertie
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder