Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #140 2/5/13: Finally the Juanettes Supervise a Successful Maneuver

  1. Concerning our bounders, bastards, cads, creeps, heels, louses, rat finks, rotters, schmucks, scumbags, skunks, sleazes, slimeballs, stinkards, stinkers, swines, toads, miscreants, scoundrels:

    • Onesimo is playing a dangerous game, he's trying to give Rebeca enough of what she wants so as to get into her pants, while giving Pluto enough of what HE wants to keep from getting murdered.

      • He is hired by Pluto to find out who Helena is lolly-gagging around with in Acapulco. Onesimo sub-contracts with another lout, sending him to follow her and take pictures. He, Pluto, will then kill whoever-it-is with his bare hands.

      • He is then ordered by Rebeca to get into the safe in Pluto's house. In order to buy Onesimo time for the break-in, Rebeca calls Pluto and says she has secrets to tell him about Helena.

      • Pluto blows into Rebeca's house wearing the shiniest shirt ever. He wants to get the dirt and leave but she coos, "We are not of the proletariat, let's be genteel and enjoy a harmonious ambience." She texts Onesimo to say the coast is clear and then takes Pluto to bed.

      • Once again Pluto fails to function properly. Gloating, Rebe mocks him for his inadequacy. He barks, "tell me what you know. Do you know who her lover is?" From her surprise he sees she hadn't known there was one. She counters: "Aw, forget about the single mother, come back to Snow White." He counters: "Shut up and tell me what you know." She gets the last word: "Oh no, whoops, I forgot what I was going to tell you. 'Virgencita, don't give me amnesia!' You're a fiasco, cachito."

      • While Plutarco is failing to shag Rebeca, Onesimo opens Pluto's safe (he has the combination) and basks in the glowing, pulsating stack of millions of dollars. He has had the foresight to bring an empty suitcase with him to stuff the moola into.

    • Daniel, our young but prematurely self-realized scumbag skunk sleaze, continues to manipulate and pressure Jennifer. She is too stupid to notice what a tool he is.

      • He keeps pulling that "I'm a man and have needs" b-s. [I heard this b-s in high school. Once I had to walk home three miles at night because I resisted the "blue balls" wheedling tactic and the guy threw me out of his car! Astonishingly, he grew up to be a nice man.]

      • He sends Jennifer out of the room to put on more decorous clothes (when it was he that told her to dress more provocatively) and spends the time texting Claudia, who is duping him the way he is duping Jennifer.

      • When she comes back Daniel says cheerfully: "We're too late for the movie. Let's enjoy ourselves here so you can demonstrate your love." Can't she hear the bad music indicating that this is a bad idea?

        He continues to text Claudia, drooling, as Jennifer watches. "Who are you texting?" "One of my fans." Fans?

  2. Sebastian suddenly appears in the bar where Lucia and Santi are getting ready to whoop it up (they are happily explaining to each other that it's great they can be just friends. Lucia says she's tired of being a sex object.)

    • Sebastian is the guy who who had sex with Lucia once when he'd just gotten married, then walked out on her. She thought Santi was him and - well, remember, as a consequence she and Helena crashed Santi's first wedding and brought it to a grinding halt?

    • Muscle-bound Sebastian purrs: "I've been thinking about you a lot, it's destiny to meet you here." Lucia: "How's your wife?" "I just got divorced." He kisses her.

  3. Fernando picks another fight with his sweet wife Marcela. He scolds her for having been interested in Rodrigo way back. He's doing it to fend off her current ire that he's possibly going to take a job in the U.S. Fern yells: "You're just jealous and don't want to see your husband race ahead of you and have a glorious career!" She has something to say to him but he won't listen. He runs off to get drunk, calling her a bad wife as he leaves.

  • In the boarding house Mimi is nonplussed to be dealing with her REAL cousin Eva, who wears a ludicrous platinum wig and an astonishing outfit. The real Eva has money, seems to be the actual owner of the pension, and proposes to stay - to live there with Mimi and be her partner. Turns out Mimi is short for Emeteria. The real Eva commandeers a room (I couldn't tell if it was Mimi's or the fake Eva's).





  • At Grupo Imperio Adri gets a call from Eva. Eva supposedly has not returned to GI because of a funeral (but is actually canoodling with Helena). Eva says "Adri, I have to do some re-evaluating about our wedding. You know I told you from the start I did not reciprocate your mad passion... " "Then why did you say you'd marry me? To use me sexually? My life has no meaning if you dump me." Adri is so woeful. Juan feels very guilty about hurting him but has to get some distance.





  • Miscellaneous: Renato reports to Pluto and there is some ruining of Marcela's project going on but I didn't catch the details. Also, Eugenia has decided she will rent her house to the producer. She tells Modesto: "If I'm never going to act again, at least let me enjoy being around the artistic environment." He reluctantly agrees.





  • In Acapulco: the conference ended and everyone left but Helena, who had a few details to take care of and now has time to spend with Juan. Our lovebirds coo unheeding of the anvils rushing toward them. Juan does the buitre (buzzard) thing and Helena says "That's just like Eva!" Whoops.

    Juan tells Helena: "I used to see women as adornments, as being there to serve me. Now I see their faces, smiles, eyes, the souls behind the eyes, their struggles...

    There are lots of kisses. Eventually it's night and there are all 1,001 of the Juanettes (those musicians in white) playing dance music for our lovebirds. Juan and Helena and all the Juanettes get magically teleported into a hotel room with a big bed... and...  and ... the room is so yellow I am taking leave of my senses...

    Juan starts trying to confess his final secret: "I'm still far from being admirable. You don't know it all. You need to know that I am..." Helena kisses him before he can confess, thereby putting off the gigantic disaster reveal for a bit longer.





  • Tomorrow: Onesimo's stooge is taking pictures of Juan and Helena in Acapulco. Also, it's ultimas semanas.



  • Labels:


    Comments:
    Fantastic recap Fidler! I love it when I can read the recap before watching here in LA because it actually helps my Spanish when I know some of the words that are coming! ( I know.. ..I know..I'm getting spoiled.)

    Loved the shiniest shirt comment and the Juannettes title!

    So Cheezdic*....er rather......"little PLuty" couldn't perform tonight! Serves the two of them right! That made me laugh hard ......pun not intended!

    Helena and Juan were so cute together. They are throwing us a bone for the world of hurt that is ahead of us in the ultimate capitulos. Gertie
     

    Shuffle, shuffle. Por Ella is on too early for me to catch most nights, but I do enjoy it from time to time, and your recaps help make sense of it, both by providing insight to the episode at hand and by providing a way to fill in the gaps since last I dropped by.

    Glad the yellow room was weird to you, too, thought I was missing something.

    Were they expecting to find cash in the safe, or key documents or the somesuch?

    Oh, about your recaps, did I forget to mention that they're a riot in their own right?

    I did feel a trifle guilty being entertained by the discussion of Daniel's dissimulation during his dastardly declamation demanding that Jennifer dutifully demonstrate devotion in deference to his desperate desire to disseminate -- once it segued into a personal recollection of harassments past.

    But, then I focused on the fact that you didn't succumb to your young Daniel's blandishments, and I decided that it is ok to look back with amusement at what proved to be merely an awkward step on the road to maturity.

    Besides, to return to viewerville, if Jennifer hasn't yielded by now, there is hardly time enough for a pregnancy, what with ultimas semanas already upon us.

    Chris in FL
     

    Melinama, thanks for this fantastic recap. I had to laugh at Pluti and Rebe too. What fun they are, perfect for each other, like two snakes.

    Onesimo is playing one dangerous game. I wonder if he is going to give that three million to Rebe or keep it and blackmail her. That should be interesting. Hopefully Pluti doesn't find out who took that money. Onesimo will be dead.

    I felt so sorry for Adri, poor guy. Maybe it is getting close to the point of revealing JC as Eva, or maybe Eva just kinda disappears. I wonder how they will handle that, but I really hope Adri never knows JC was Eva, evaaa.

    Poor Jennifer, she so needs to dump that horrible Daniel. I wonder what game Claudia is playing with Daniel. I think Claudia knows just what type of jerk Daniel really is, too bad Jennifer doesn't have a clue.

    Fern needs that cast iron griddle like yesterday. What a jerk. To call Marcela a bad wife, it's time for Marcela to put her foot down with him, he needs a good foot up his butt, she didn't force him to do that fraud at G.I., that was his own stupid fault. He needs to grow up already.

    So I wonder if JC will catch the photographer. I can't wait for tomorrow.
     

    This was a hoot, Melinama. I enjoy your recaps almost as much as the show itself.

    I love this show. It keeps surprising me. I'll miss it. I hope we get the new Colunga comedy to replace it.

    Onesimo was clever to use the cover of the trip to Acapulco to take the money. Pluti will think that it couldn't have been him. But-- if JC catches the photographer there won't be any photos for Onesimo to brandish as proof that he was in Acapulco.

    When Helena discovers that someone is taking secret shots of them will she finally put two & two together and wonder where Pluti got that photo of her that he keeps by the bed?

    Thanks for reminding me who Sebastian was.

    Pluti & Rebecca were a riot. I love to watch her play him.

    Daniel & Fer both earned forks tonight. What jerks!

    Güera
     

    Thanks, Melinama. I like how you presented this. and I thought the same thing with Jennifer: "Can't she hear the bad music indicating that this is a bad idea?"

    Chris, Onesimo already knows the money was in the safe. I guess he was waiting for a good alibi to take it. Rebeca only suspects it's there. I wonder how Onesimo will play this.

    I agree about Fernando, Madelaine, although Vivi has called it all along. It's cast iron skillet time. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he just keeps getting worse. I wonder what men in Mexico think of this show. I imagine many hate it.

    I feel better that Juan has tried to tell Helena the truth several times. The blow-up is inevitable, but it will be easier to be on his side because of his attempts to come clean.
     

    Thanks, Melinama! What a bunch of bounders indeed! They should just be playing "rata con dos patas" in the background all the time...
     

    Thank you for your entertaining recap and wonderful list of names for jerks. That yellow room really was something else. I love the name "Juanettes."

    JC better stop doing any imitations outside of the Eva realm. His "infarto" imitation almost did him in: Helena did bring up Eva.

    I loved Helena's reaction to JC wanting to turn himself in but wonder if she will feel the same if she finds out about Eva.

    JC should have known that lovey dovey beddy bye time with Helena would be the wrong time and place to reveal Eva. Can't think of a worse place or time!

    Jarifa
     

    Thanks all. I can't believe my ears, Colunga in a comedy?
     

    I just realized something!

    When Pluto framed Juan, he traveled out of country with a passport under Juan's name, so he'd have proof that Juan was out of country to move the stolen $30M. Then he got Onessimo to take photos in Acapulco to prove to Grupo Imperio that he, Pluto, was in Acapulco at the time Juan was supposedly out of country.

    NOW, otra vez! Onessimo is moving that same $30M, so he hires someone else to take photos, so Onessimo can proove to Pluto that he was in Acapulco when the money was stolen from the safe. And even though O. helped Pluto use that trick, Pluto won't suspect that O. is doing the same thing, because Pluto assumes O. is too stupid.

    What's more, O. has redirected suspicion toward Rebecca since she obviously was on a mission to keep Pluto out of his house.

     

    I was thinking the same thing as Jarifa of JC's timing for telling Helena that he is Eva. Not a good idea during an intimate moment in bed. He knows he is going to get a slap no matter, but he should think of her pride and feelings and a woman does not want to hear "don't get mad at me when I tell you this" at all....but especially not while naked in bed with you.

    He should tell her when they are both fullly dressed, in a quiet place with two exits in case she boxes him in; wearing a flack jacket and perhaps Vaseline on his right cheek like boxers do so that when that left-handed slap comes in, it is a less damaging, glancing blow. He may also consider wearing a steel-belted athletic cup to stand up to the cream colored 5 inch zapatos. Gertie
     

    I was thinking the same thing as Jarifa of JC's timing for telling Helena that he is Eva. Not a good idea during an intimate moment in bed. He knows he is going to get a slap no matter, but he should think of her pride and feelings and a woman does not want to hear "don't get mad at me when I tell you this" at all....but especially not while naked in bed with you.

    He should tell her when they are both fullly dressed, in a quiet place with two exits in case she boxes him in; wearing a flack jacket and perhaps Vaseline on his right cheek like boxers do so that when that left-handed slap comes in, it is a less damaging, glancing blow. He may also consider wearing a steel-belted athletic cup to stand up to the cream colored 5 inch zapatos. Gertie
     

    Thank Melinama for a fabulous recap!!!
    I was on the same track because I felt that Pluti's shirt was the shiniest ever and I could relare to the blue balls. I felt bad for Adriano too, I even got a little teary eyed.
    Love, love,loved your preamble.
     

    The funniest line of the show was Adriano’s in regards to Eva’s dying family tree: something to the effect that he needs a census of the aunts and cousins Eva has. Ha! Ha! Can’t recall exactly what he said but it was hilarious! (Maybe I imagined that he said that… who knows? I’m good at filling in the blanks, which there are many in my Spanish--but less now with great recaps like Melinama’s! Loved the editorial notes and the walk-in-the-dark story! Glad to know that your creeper turned out okay! Can we have his FB name so we can check him out?)

    Don’t know about you, but who gave Mister Green-awful Pants the right to judge and critique Jennifer’s accoutrement? He could take a hint in fashion from Renato…. Or even from Eva, whose matronly dresses are better than the green-from-hell pants he was wearing while texting Claudia’s braids-in-the-forehead-I’m-so-cool chava.

    Do Helena and Juan need a GPS to find the bedroom? 43 minutes, it took them… and then what do they find? The ugliest room possible equipped with a bunch of faux musicians. I’d have performance anxiety if there had to be copulation witnesses around!

    I can’t get into the Juanettes. Those women don’t know a think about music or instruments. If they can play, I’m Beethoven. I find them irritating, as was the music played in the background of any of Elena’s convo with Juan on deck. Welcome back to the 70s.

    Melinama: Methinks the room was Mimi’s. No crying payaso around, though the colors make me want to cry. As for Marcella’s project and Pluto’s machination: he told Renato he was either going to interfere with it or sit back and watch her implode. Nice.

    Lastly, a challenge for the fans: translate in Spanish all the qualifiers Mel used to describe loosers at the beginning of the recap!
     

    Paula, thanks for reminding us about the details of the original frame of JC. Gertie, I liked your suggestions for place and protective preparations for JC if he decides to tell Helena about Eva. I never knew about the Vaseline boxer trick. Thanks!

    Jarifa
     

    Annick: The Juanettes are imaginary. They are in JC's mind basically, that's why they are all women. I kinda like them, and it's funny the first time we saw them they were basically a quartet and now it has grown to almost a full orchestra.

    Paula H: Thank about the Onesimo and Pluti info. That is a great clue. If only Helena and JC knew this, they could possible get that ticket that Pluti "used". I can't wait to see Pluti's face when he realizes his millions are gone.

    Melinama: When Por Ella Soy Eva ended in Mexico, a new comedy called Porque el Amor Manda replaced it. It stars Fernando Colunga and Blanca Soto. I've heard it is number one in Mexico right now.
     

    When La Verdadera Eva took over Mimi's room, she looked around at all the accessories and said she might change her "luke." Here's hoping...(although she is very funny.)
     

    Melinama, thank you for the well-organized recap with bonus multi-level bulleted and numbered lists!

    Paloma, thank you for reminding me where we've seen Eva before. (Ruth in FELS.) Don't I always say that I get confused by hair? I'm sure I would have recognized her with Ruth's hair, but this platinum-and-pink-with-parakeets is a little different.

    I really hated the yellow lighting. I think it was supposed to be golden and romantic, but it just made me want to pee.

    I agree with everyone - that was a pretty dumb time for Juan to try to reveal Eva's identity to Helena. Granted, in situations like this, there is probably NEVER a good time, but it's only going to be WORSE after they have sex...

    I'm going to be nice about this and surmise that Juan held off telling her until now because he hadn't expected to go to bed with her that night. And then we he saw her, Eva was the farthest thing from his mind. And then suddenly it was about to happen and he realized he still hadn't told her.

    None of which will sound any better when he tries to explain it to her later...
     

    Omg...the actress who plays real Eva, Susanna Z. is on my televisor promoting a new talent show on univision, "Lo que mas quieres". Wonder if the timing is coincidence. She has darker hair and is either a judge or announcer but my Spanish is too poor to know for sure. She still reminds me of oklahoma's Ado Annie...even out of character. Working from home today and loving it. Gertie
     

    Masterful recap, Melinama. Superb in both form and content!
    Real Eva's pink platinum hair with parakeets--great imagination and very funny.
    Adri really knows how to pull the heartstrings. He needs a woman who can appreciate him and treat him well.

    La Paloma
     

    A belated thanks for the excellent recap. I haven't been able to watch or comment until now, but I really appreciate all the recappers and commenters.

    All the plotlines are getting very interesting right now. I'm ready for Claudia to be shipped off somewhere but not before she breaks Daniels heart or other body part.

    And Fern - UGH. I've never liked him either. He's going to have to do something major to redeem himself. Perhaps he'll save Marcella's job somehow. That's the only thing I can think of that would keep him from the anvil.

    Mil in NC
     

    I had a good laugh on Annick's comment on Juan and Helena's need for GPS to find the bedroom this time around. And the editing was kind of 'novellaesque': first they are outside ..then without a proper post production blend or fade ..they are in the yellow room with the Juanettes. Like they were Star Trek transported into the bedroom.

    I've really enjoyed the Juanettes throughout. They've made several appearances already and I hope they make more. I think there was one appearance where they just didn't fit or were shoe-horned into the scene, but I can forgive that given that it is a novella. I saw 'Helena' in an online chat and she said there were several times where Helena's dark roots were showing, but there was simply no time for the hairdresser to do her hair. Gertie
     

    Does anyone know the actual location of JC & Helena's meeting spot -- that little garden behind the mission or whatever it is? I'd like to go there if I ever get a chance. It's really lovely.
     

    Blue, check the early recaps. We talked about the name of the place then. I think it was something like El convento de los leones.
     

    Thanks, Paula! I've been meaning to go back and read up to where I came in -- to see if I can get more bingo squares. It's going really well so far.
     

    Thanks Melinama. Onisimo really pulled a fast one. How far will he get I wonder?

    The galan in Amor Bravio also attempted to tell the truth about his real identity right before and after congress with the heroine. He never managed it either, but it was definitely NOT the right moment for that. Don't know what these guys are thinking.
     

    Vivi, guys are normally not thinking at times like that.
     

    True.
     

    Hi Madelaine,
    Yes, I understand the whole imagination thing and the Juanettes... But to me it doesn't speak very highly of Juan if he has to imagine a dozen women, half clad (and drooling over him or passively watching his very move) while he is courting his love. There's a time for an audience, but that's just not the one. (Glad it works for so many of you. personally, I think it takes from the authenticity of a one-on-one connection.
     

    Post a Comment



    << Home

    Newer›  ‹Older

    © Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

    Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder