Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #145 2/12/13: Viewerville Wants to Reach Through the Screen and Poke Fernando's Eyes Out For Real.

Potential recappers for the upcoming Colunga comedy starting March 11: please write me at caray@mappamundi.com. People who are currently recapping have priority, and people who want to keep their current slots have priority on those slots. But please, all current and potential recappers, write me at home. I can't keep track of these threads of proposed days that happen in the comments!

  • Real Eva is quite a dynamo isn't she? Besides her cuerpazo and her fine personal style, she is handy with the butt end of a gun.

    Also, her interior design skills are impressive. She's turned Mimi's pension into a red-and-gold bordello with naked statues and nearly-naked "masseuses" in what they're calling a "spa de hombres," hee-hee.

    Mimi complains that Real Eva has also brought cockroaches into her nice boarding house and that she doesn't want it to be a "casa de citas," a place of vice and perdition. Real Eva makes vague threats about Juan's dangerous situation and insists: "My mother left this pension to ME." "Your mother was a saint, she deserved better than you."

    "I'll denounce you! I'll say you have no permits for running a boarding house." "Oh, and you have permits for running a 'spa' - ??" "My important clients will protect me. And you stole my name. I'm going to flatten you! [machacar]"

  • Fer is so unspeakable, you just have to roll with it and enjoy his short-sighted [sic] narcissistic infantile approach to life. Eva comes by and tries to figure out if he's faking his blindness. Fer righteously expects his wife to quit work to take care of him.

    Eva suggests to Marcela that she could work from home for a while. "But my family expects me to resign." Fer sits around like a wounded lion king expecting people to put peeled grapes into his mouth.

    I'm glad to hear nasty Daniel hasn't been answering Jennifer's texts (but she is sad).

  • Rebeca comes into her office to find the blue dress girls packing her pics of Ricky Martin into a box. Renato comes in, gloating that she's been fired. She, bitterly: "I'm sure there will be champagne and confetti, you're all enjoying my fall." "Yes, we're all glad you're leaving." On the way out he snatches one of her magazines (William Levy the cover boy). "Oh no, not William!" she laments, hee hee.

    Rebeca stamps towards the elevator in a rage. "You hyenas are glad I'm leaving." Yes, they are all laughing, it's wonderful. "Reap what you sow, Rebe," says Eva.

    Rebe sees Pluto and yells about the ten years she spent shagging him while he was married to the whale. "My vengeance will be apocalyptic," she vows.

    Pluto calls Onesimo and orders him to give Rebe "a warning."

  • Magda passes along her flower biz to Silvia and they bless each other.

  • Eva/JC asks Renato why Rebeca was fired and wonders what happened to the incriminating cd she had.

  • Before the meeting, Helena sneaks into Adri's office to spy. (Don't you like Adri's big photo of Donald Trump surrounded by bimbos?) She finds another copy of the fake thesis. Renato comes in and asks what she's doing. He buys (with suspicion) her explanation that she was looking for papers.

  • Pluto the temporary boss calls a brief meeting just to say: Rebe will be replaced, nobody is indispensible. Eva says he shouldn't have fired Rebe without Adri's agreement and Helena agrees: "Rebe was good at her job."

    Pluto asks Marci why she's been absent so much. She stammers: "My husband is blind from a work accident." Pluto is unmoved. His hinted threats of taking her work away actually cause her to ... not quit.

    Alone with Pluto, Eva decries his 3 day reign of terror. Pluto: "It's your fault Adri got soft, he no longer has the coldness one needs in business." "Actually, it's scruples and kindness that are needed in business." "If it weren't for you, Adri would still be here; I owe my new position to you, thanks, Eva."

    Eva counters: "I'll get Adri back here and he'll put you in your place. You didn't love your spouse Antonio, it's your fault she's dead." "I didn't kill her!" "You are insanely defensive. Anyway, this business won't fall into the hands of an imbecile like you. Practice waving your water bottle around, you haven't mastered the knack yet." Pluto curses Eva.

  • Onesimo goes to see Rebe. "I need you now," she wails, "do you know why I wasn't fired sooner?" She mentions the compromising video and asks him to help her get vengeance. "Pluto ordered me to to frighten you but I can't touch you... except for looovve... Yes, we should get vengeance on him. Let's leave the country with his millions. With that dough I can keep you living in the style you prefer. And if you don't come, Pluto will get you sooner or later."

    We can all agree Onesimo is in over his head, but he continues wheedling/threatening: "I'm dying for your anatomy -- and also for your little heart. We can be like the lady and the tramp. But don't forget, you need me and I'm calling the shots."

  • Marcela is pleased/anxious as Renato points out her nice new office. She's so conflicted: the kids shouldn't have to take care of her poor blind husband, and she wants time to research ways to cure him. But her friends say, "Don't treat him like a child." She cries - she's so sorry for him.

    Fer, gleefully, is just eating his peeled grapes and counting the (15) days till he gets his big payout for going blind on the job. When Marcela gets home and has to admit she couldn't force herself to quit, he yells and yells like a baby.

  • There's another stupid rehash scene just so everybody can eat from individual bags of snack chips (all with the brand name facing the camera). Santi, standing at the snack machine with 1,000s of bags of the same kind of chips, hears gossip about Lucia marrying Sebastian. He looks sad as he eats his chips.

  • Mimi meets Juan in a restaurant and tells him about Real Eva's new business. He says they should denounce Real Eva to the police even if it puts him at risk: "better me than you," he kindly tells her.
Tomorrow: many fellows will be waving guns in the pension as there's a faceoff between Real and Fake Eva.

Labels:


Comments:
Why did Real Eva want to kill Dogbert?
 

Dogbert went off to find her & bring her back to DF to claim her pension & the GI shares. Apparently he tracked her down & in the process found out about all her aliases and illegal business deals. He asked her for a cut & all she offered him was a job as manage of the "spa." He told her she owed everything to him & he could let "certain people" know where she was if she didn't cut him in. She started smooching him & licking hi & agreed that they would be socios. Then she lured him to the garage & offed him. (At least she thinks so -- we're not so sure.)

Güera
 

Melinama, what a wonderful, quick recap. You are always the best with these quick recaps.

So Pluti inserted his foot in his mouth, about not killing Antonia, which Eva noticed right away. He is losing it for sure.

I never expected Onesimo to want to protect Rebe from Pluti like he is doing. He really is in over his head.

I am sooo happy Marcie didn't quit her job. Since she got that huge promotion she could do several things to help Fern out without having to quit. Get a second opinion from another doc about Fern's "blind eyes", send him somewhere to learn how to deal with his blindness, like getting around and learning braille, or get an au pair to grant his every wish. Where is that fork for Fern, it is way past due.

That Faux Eva is a real danger. I don't like the way she talked to Mimi her own cousin, supposedly, and the way she is waving that gun at Eva/JC and Mimi. I hope the cops arrest that Faux Eva and quickly.

Loved you term of shagging Melinama. I haven't heard that term in quite some time, lol.

Those Tostichos will just never go away. I guess the studios must have tons left over from the Pasion Pit days : )

Poor Santi and Lucia, they do moon over each other quite a bit. I hope they both wake up and realize they are made for each other.

I am worried about Helena and Eva now too. Renato still seems to be on the good side. I wonder if he is leading Pluti around by the nose too, to get info. I really like the fact that Renato always sticks up for Marcela. I think that is a wonderful thing.
 

Thanks so much Fidler! I don't know how you get this written so quickly and with many translated quotes to boot!!

I think it's pretty funny that Renato made off with Rebe's William Levy magazine. No one was sad to see the Chupacabra go. But I will miss her naughty wise cracks in the board room.

I actually liked Helena's office outfit today. The skirt wasn't up to her butt and the whole outfit was very tasteful and professional. Those tight dresses that made her look like an executive prostitute used to scare me. Thank God she and Eva are giving Marci some good advice about keeping her job! If PLuty behaving like a total jerk also helped Marci hang onto her job, then that is probably the only good thing he'll do for GI. I'm still not sure firing Rebe was a good thing. Gertie
 

I haven't had a chance to see this yet (all that Mardi Gras celebrating with my hubby) but I love your recap. I can't wait to get home from class & see the show which you described so well.

Güera
 

Thanks, Melinama! Love the title and the episode sounds delicious. Can't wait to see Onésimo and Rebe together...they are my favorite couple. :)
 

P.S. I have one bingo on card #8 if I can count JC's car accident as "Fire (Not in Fireplace)", but I'm really looking forward to seeing if I get "Gun Fired" tomorrow. No hopes of blackout, though, as clearly it's too late in the game for anyone to fake a pregnancy.
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap and the great title that does tell how we are all feeling right now.

Seems like the "real Eva" just might be pyschic. She was threatening Mimí and by extension "our Eva" with her little chant of "Huya, huya, que venga la patrulla"(Flee, flee, let the police come) and in the promos for Wednesday's episode it seems like the men in suits with guns just might be the police. Could that be the end of the "real Eva" since JC wanted Mimí to call the police?

Looks like Rebeca is in a difficult situation but is lucky that Onésimo does really have some feelings for her--or she could end up like the computer guy. Nevertheless, she might have to make that payment real soon since Onésimo clearly is in charge. I am not counting him out yet. He is a survivor.

On another note it is weird that the actor that plays Onésimo is in a role where his character eats a lot and the same actor played Tomás in LFMB where that character ate a lot. I guess you can get type cast as a character that eats a lot.

Jarifa
 

Jajá. Maybe he has it written into his contract: must be able to eat on the job.
 

I guess I should give the Onésimo actor his real name: Luis Manuel Ávila.

Jarifa
 

Thanks, Melinama. I missed the first half of this, but I saw Pluto's panicked "I didn't kill my wife!" Heh heh. :-)

Helena said Rebeca was good at her job? Wow, that sounds like rose-colored hindsight or something. Rebeca deliberately made "mistakes" at Helena's expense more than once. That's great if her job was supposed to be Vice President of Bitchery and Naca Identification, but I thought she was supposed to be Director of Public Relations.

So funny that Onesimo has gotten in on the Disney movie references with Rebeca. And I had to laugh at that vending machine full of different flavors of the same brand of chips. And I thought our snack machines at work were bad...

As for Renato, I think he is still trying to figure out whose side to take. He "owes" Pluto for his job, but he also realizes the guy's no good (especially with his fast-growing delusions of grandeur). On the other hand, he also knows Rebeca is a troublemaker. He probably isn't sure who's worse, what their schemes are, and who else might be involved, but with Felix's sudden disappearance, he knows that he needs to be careful. He can't do anything until he understands the situation better. If he supports (or betrays) the wrong person, he'll be toast.
 

That's not a vending machine, Julie! It's a magic portal to Tostitolandia. Soon all telenovelas will be filmed entirely in that location (or on Planet Avon.)
 

Thank you, Melinama. i enjoyed all your gleeful heehee's scattered throughout.

I agree with you, Blue Lass. I hope Rebeca has a change of heart and she and Onesimo wind up together. It would be out of character for her, but I've seen worse.

Gertie, I also thought it was funny for Renato to take off with William Levy, and Rebeca's ensuing moan over it. "Oh no, not William." It's funny how she's so into these things. She's showing her own nacacism.

OMG, Julie. Vice President of Naca Identification... I'm still laughing.
 

Julie: You had me lol so hard when I read your comment about Vice President of Bitchery and Naca Identification...
 

Maybe she has nacacistic personality disorder. ;}
 

Thank you, Melinama. I love to read your recap in preparation for tonight.
I hope that Rebeca and Oeisimo team up, so that she can stop bothering the Virgencita.
Julie, I love the description of Rebeca's real job.-LOL
 

Melinama, thanks for a great recap with a great title. I was poised with my extra large meat fork in hand.

Blue Lass and Julie--rofl comments! the VP title and the nacacistic personality disorder!

La Paloma
 

I never recognized Onesimo as Tomás. Thanks for the heads up Jarifa. I'll have to look closer.

Love everyone's comments on Rebecca's job skills and potential job titles. LOL

Güera
 

Bill, Julie, Blue Lass...thanks for the new novella nomenclature: "nacacism"...."VP of Bitchery". Awesome!

And I 'm with Julie on Helena's rose-colored hindsight! Helena my sistah, Rebe tried to railroad you multiple times and you know it. What's up with the selective amnesia??
Gertie
 

tidy recap, melinama! you should quit your job and do all the tidying up. peel me another, wouldya?

glad you noticed the Trump photo. isn't antonio photoshopped into all of them? i saw him and Posh and Becks and told my husband, "that older actor with the wonky eye--look he's gotten around enough in celebrity that he knows them." but then later i saw the one with Mother Teresa and felt foolish. his office photos are a treasure!
mai tai


 

whups! by "antonio" i meant "adriano"

mai tai.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder