Monday, March 04, 2013

Amores Verdaderos #80 Mon 3/4/13 Hey Super-Superman, Just Connect the Dots Already, Captas?

* Lo refrito: At the Balvaneras Aníbal grabs Pau-Whiner’s arm and asks her in his adorable in-your-face-style: Qué haces aquí?! (What are you doing here?!) Lo nuevo: Paula informs His Majesty that she’s Nikki’s piano teacher. In the meantime upstairs Neta Equis is doing her usual bratty stuff to Polita.

* In the kitchen Angel, Lili, Tomasina and Jean Marie are talking about Cristina: Little Orchid says she was very mad at her when she told him that she was going to visit the countryside with her dad and the Balvanera sisters. Arriaga thinks that Cris’s right about Adriana: she’s adorable, but when she and Liliana are together, something weird always happens. Adriana, who overheard the conversation, enters the room and greets them.

* In the hall Aníbal and Paula are bickering about her job: you can’t do this to me, says the old rascal, of course I can, says the whiner, and don’t forget that I have a huge amount of dirty laundry about you! Suddenly they’re interrupted by Adriana. Oh dear, his father brought his mistress into Victoria’s home! *Viewerville: W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R* Miss Drama Queen pulls a theatrical scene about this monstrosity, and she runs upstairs to tell everything to her sister. Aníbal asks Paula to leave the house. Now.


* Bea and Leo go to a car repair shop where he’s supposed to pick up his car. While he’s inside the workshop, Bea calls the Hilda/Gilda/Whatevs to tell her that she’ll be late for work.

* Neta Nikki gushes about RobRoy to Vicky: oh, Mom, he’s supercool! And he really, really likes her. Vicky knows that Roycito isn’t the only young man who’s interested in her daugther, but since Frankie asked her to forget that he ever said he was in love with Nikki, she can’t say anything about Guzmi’s real feelings. Neta can’t stop talking about how awesome Roy is: he’s a super-mega-famous tennis player who wants to have a serious relationship with her! Victoria honestly doesn’t get her sudden interest in Roy. Since they break up she hasn’t said a word about her! *Viewerville gives a side eye to the writers and their cheap plot devices.* Anyway, Nikki confesses to Victoria that she loved her letter. Knock-knock. Adriana enters the room, Neta hugs her beloved aunt, and then she leaves the room. Adri quickly grabs the opportunity to share an uber-important information with Victoria: Aníbal’s sidepiece is in her house!!!


* Downstairs Paula tells (the very relieved) Nikki that she got an emergency call, and they have to reschedule the piano class to another day. Pau-Loser leaves the house just before the two enraged Balvanera sisters run down to the hall.

* In the kitchen Nikki tells her estúpido gorilla (also known as Francisco Guzmán) that even if Victoria gave her permission to leave the house, he has to let her know too, captas? And now get the car ready! When the youngsters leave the room, Jean Marie and Polita note that Nikki’s been in a really bitchy mood lately.

 * At the repair shop Beatriz’s patience ran dry, so she tells Leo that they should take a cab instead of waiting for the owner of the workshop. Leo sends the repairman away for the owner and when they are alone he locks the door. Poor Betty starts to freak out, especially when the creeper says things like “I won’t lose you, honey” and “we’ll never divorce”. They start to fight, and when the Lowlife hits her, Bea falls and hits her head into the car. While she’s lying there unconsciously, Leo’s standing over her with a very sick longing expression on his face: “You’re mine, baby, and you’ll always be.”


* In the meantime Leo’s accomplice follows Guillo and Imperio home.

* Nikki and Frankie are at a hair salon, where Miss Okay just talks and talks and talks to her hairdresser about what a wonderful famous and rich boyfriend she has. They are completely mad about each other, and when he kissed her, she felt like she was in heaven. Guzmán looks like his head is about to explode.


* Shameless product placement (in Mexico): Crissie applies an expensive crème to her face and tells the camera that thanks to this thing her face will look younger. *Viewerville gives a sideeye to the producer.*

* Kendho and “Christine” are at Meta Imagen working on her wardrobe for the next modeling assignment. While Cristina enjoys her job immensely, Kendra starts to realize that it’ll be very hard to endure this task. *Viewerville: Suck it up, Kendra, and for your information, Crissie has the loveliest smile.*


* In Santa Rita Liliana visits the priest and informs him about the news: José Ángel is a bodyguard now, she’s a gardener, and Cristina became the personal assistant of a famous model. The priest sends his best regards Lili’s parents and he hopes that Cristina will visit him someday. Lili says Cris’d be glad to do that… and then she turns pale… she says “my mom”… and OH NOES, ANOTHER CREEPY PREMONITION SCENE! Little Orchid runs away, leaving the surprised padre behind.


* The Angel and the Balvanera ladies arrive at the cemetery at Santa Rita, where they start to clean up Lucía’s grave. However, when finally the tombstone is clear enough to see the letters carved on it, Arriaga freaks out because it say “Lucía, May 3rd, 1994”. Holy gosh, Liliana was born on the same day! Wow, this coincidence is weird! *Viewerville screams at the screen* While Little Orchid is running like crazy to the cemetery, the staff takes out the baby’s coffin. The devastated mother starts crying: oh my baby, my love, my child! Lili doesn’t understand why she feels so sad, but nevertheless, she feels a sudden urge to run to Lucía’s tomb and scream “Mamá, Mamá, Mamá!”. Adriana finally opens the tomb… and yep, all she finds inside are a few rocks. Rocks. Adriana starts screaming and raging: damn you, Aníbal Balvanera! Damn you! My daughter is alive!


* And this is the very moment when Liliana arrives at the grave. Adri and Lili have that call of the blood moment again. Lili suddenly breaks down, and she’s hysterically crying after her mother, aka Cristina. Arriaga tries to calm his little girl down, and he looks like he wishes he was born on another planet. In the background Adriana also has a nervous breakdown, and she curses her father.


* The aforementioned daddy is sitting in Paula’s (or his?) apartment and he forbids La Whiner to ever go to Victoria’s house. Adriana can’t see her there again, and he doesn’t need Pau to endanger his already shaky relationship with her. They start to argue about who was the worse parent. Paula who left her children? Or Aníbal, who stole Adriana’s baby? FF--> Aníbal pulls the “I’m an innocent victim” act, and reproaches Paula for being so mean to him. She and Adriana will end up killing him one day! *Viewerville: oh, cry me a river*

* Back to the graveyard where Liliana finally calls her mother who’s very well, thankyouverymuch, the hysterical Adriana swears vengeance, and Vicky and Angel look totally confused. While Vicky asks the Arriagas discretion, Adri picks up the stones, and with a determined and a little bit crazy look in her eyes she says she needs to talk with “that man”. He will have to tell her where her daughter is!


* Beatriz wakes up in the dirty backroom of the workshop: as she slowly gains her consciousness back, she has a flashback about the fall… and she realizes that she was tied up by her scumbag husband. The Lowlife has just came back from shopping, and Viewerville watches in horror as the madman caresses the poor, terrorized Bea’s face, and tells her in a sweet-but-frightening voice that don’t worry about Guillo, he picked him up. Is she hungry? Because he brought her some sandwiches. Does she remember the first year of their marriage? They didn’t own an oven so they ate sandwiches all the time. And now they’ll live together in this lovely little place. Forever. He removes the ducktape from her face *ouch!*, and starts kissing her *yuck!*, but when Beatriz screams for help, he puts the tape back on her. Shut up, Beatriz! You never appreciated me! Shut up or you’ll never see Guillo again! The crying and trembling woman slowly slips back into a surrender. *Viewerville: where’s an anvil when you need it?*

Labels:


Comments:
Aribeth: What an episode you got. I will refrain from commenting until you have your recap up. This was one heavy duty one. Love your screencaps already!
 

As I watched Adri in hysterics in the foreground, and Lili in hysterics in the background, I thought, "Yep! These two are mother and daughter." JA is in denial.
 

Aribeth: Picture perfect freeze frames. What a look on JA's face - disbelieving and incredulous. He did mutter about the date "coincidence" yet seemed feverishly determined Lili call her "mama", who in reality was standing mere steps away.

Loved the title!

Thought this was a very dark episode all the way around. Loathsome Leo was at an all time low. Was it just me or did he really seem to rip the tape from Bea's mouth? Ouch!! The big brute was throwing her around like a rag doll. Hoping Salero and Francisco rescue her pronto.

Was there any light - any happiness last night? If so, I missed it. Ack.

Looking forward to the recap Aribeth...

Diana
 

I cringed, too, when Leo ripped that duct tape off. But seriously, it would have left a mark on the actress' face so they must have something else under it.

The way Bea was tied up and unable to help herself was rather lame. Her hands were tied in front of her, so she could have undid her ankles and the duct tape, hidden behind the door with a tire iron . . . you get my drift. I shall don my telenovela beanie hat and drink the purple Kool-Aid. ;o)
 

Aribeth,

A VIVID beginning with your screen caps. Many thanks! Just dropping in briefly to admit the error of my ways re the findings of the crypt altho I think
the deceased will turn out to be a boy. A dark episode indeed. Where is Candelaria Corona when you need her? I did think the flawed Paula looked lovely along with her colossal nerve pushing her to show up at the Balvanera manse.
 

Thanks for the screen caps, Aribeth. I couldn't watch most of this episode...too scary and bleak. I'll look forward to your recap to get all the details. Paula is a hot mess. She made her bed, but she is trying her best not to have to sleep in it now. One must live with the consequences of one's decisions. Man up, Paula. You abandonned your children to be a rich guy's amante , and now S.S.Anyballs has sailed on without you. Sucks to be you...boohoo. Maybe it's time to try to start thinking about somebody other than yourself.
 

OK, now I'm starting to worry for Balzac. I hope that he's not having to eat out of trash cans or even worse...joined up with a bad crowd.

Carlos
 

Aribeth - Great shots.

I felt so bad for Arriaga. If I were him, I'd go to denial and stay there.

Surely Candelaria must've given the baby a decent burial elsewhere.
 

But what if the baby didn't die? When Arriaga's friend with the shells said something about a boy - did she mean present tense or future tense? What if the baby didn't die that was Cris and Jose Angel's?

Arriaga doesn't jump to conclusions - he takes his time to ponder. I don't think he is ignoring things.

In past TN's there were often story lines that were just left to unravel - no definitive end. I hope that is not the case with Balzac! Where is that dog?

Salsero surely will be hot on the trail of Bea. He will definitely notice if she doesn't show up soon. Now I am worried about his godmother and Guillo.

If Adriana would only speak the Amante's name to Victoria...
 

A few thoughts early on---
Aribeth---Wow!!! You ended up with a gem today. I think that I got most of it last night just by watching the action but I can't wait for your great detail as I'm sure that I have missed a few things along the way.
You left us Amores fans two excellent screen shots to get us started with and I know that your recap will match them in excellence

Susanlynn---I was with you in spirit last night. I know that last night would have been rough for you and you probably turned it off. I hope that the sky is clearing up for you and your family
and that the sun is starting to shine again.

Leo The Low---I am thinking that a beat down or a beat up will not be enough to keep him from hurting Bea.
Even jail will not be enough to stop the evil that is in this guy. He would just use the time in jail to plot revenge or even the murder of Bea when he gets out. The only thing that will stop Leo is the novela anvil.
I don't know who Bea called before she went inside the garage but I hope it was an alert to someone who can help her.

We now know for sure that Little Orchid has found her true mother--a very touching scene last night.

And last---Think about poor Cristina, She has lost her house in the fire and now she is about to loose her husband and daughter.
She's not a bad person but I'm afraid that all of these circumstances combined will be to much for her to take. Will she spin out of control, loose her mine or go completely go over to the dark side [KendHo] I feel for her, she has done nothing to deserve all the grief that seems to be comming her way---remember for twenty years she had a happy home and family and now???
the gringo



 

Gringo - ITA with your comments on Cris. I posted not too long ago that if the anvil falls (which we are all pretty much assuming at this point), let it fall before everything in Chris' world comes crashing down.

And, let's be frank. You are on point regarding Leo. He will stop only when he's dead. Which, by the way, can't come quickly enough for me.

Carlos: "I hope that he's not having to eat out of trash cans or even worse...joined up with a bad crowd." Thank you! A bright spot (at last).

Diana

 

Ay, pobrecito de Balzac! I hope he doesn't get beaten up by other dogs because of his outfit!
 

Gringo - ITA on Cristina. And she'd lose part of her identity too, if she found out Anibal is her father. She thinks her mom and dad had a great love and he died before she was born, not that some rich guy hid his marriage to romance her mom (though Anibal did love her).

Doris - I think that's exactly what happened to Balzac. But on the up side, he'll be a lot more street-savvy when he gets back home.
 

This was a really hard episode to watch. I had to FF>> through some of the Leo and Bea scenes. His downfall cannot come soon enough for me.

I'm hoping the secre didn't really put Balzac on the street. Maybe she's got him safely stashed somewhere, but has been detained and didn't have a chance to tell Estefano about it. Or maybe she did drop him on the mean streets, but he was quickly discovered and is now on his way to fame and fortune.
 

I wasn't going to comment until Aribeth had her recap up, but I'm diving in anyways.

Agree with y'all about the low one he has got to go, as in dead gone. Can't stand him and what he's done to be. That was the last straw for me last night.

I too feel for Cris, the poor thing. To have everything snatched from her and to be in Kendho's clutches to boot. I wish she had a fighting chance, somehow, some way.

Lili and these feelings and the look on Adri's face when she heard her, and the Angel with that comprehending look on his face. Vivi is right, but I too don't think that the Angel is in denial. He does like to ponder things to death.

Poor Balzac, I think he can take on whatever is dished out to him, so to speak. I have three little mixed terrier lap dogs and let me tell you they are fiesty as the day is long and they take no crap so to speak, lol. I know Balzac isn't a terrier, but never underestimate a small dog, they can be quite scrappy : )
 

Ooops typo I meant what the low one has done to Betty, not be.
 

ITA that Angel is pondering. At the moment he's got to keep it together for Lili, for himself, for Adriana, etc. I, on the other hand, would want to close Pandora's Box, put the stopper back in the Genie Bottle, etc. and forget about all the strange coincidences.
 

I was a little surprised at how strongly Adriana reacted over finding rocks in the coffin. With the information she already had, I would have thought that she would have merely seen that as confirmation. I wonder what she would have done had she discovered a little body? I wasn't expecting quite so much drama.

Carlos
 

I don't think Adri can do anything without drama. She even strolls around town with drama.

So the question remains for us, what happened to the other baby? If Nikki is a couple years older than Lili, it probably doesn't make sense for it to be BoyToyRoy, does it? I'll keep on alert for any appropriately-aged characters. It would be boring if that baby really did die and was just cremated instead of switched into the baby coffin.
 

The recap will be up soon.

I like Adri, but she's a drama queen. Actually, all Balvanera women (Adri, Cris, Nikki, Vicky, Lili) have that gene.
 

Holding my breath for your recap Aribeth. What a doozie this episode was.

Leo is a sick douchebag, and it is now more than high time for the police. Salsero won't be enough; Guzman won't be enough; restraining orders won't be enough. He needs to rot in jail.

Looks like Anyballs is going to crater with a heart attack tonight, and I say, it's about time.
 

I'm not sure I can wait up tonight for the recap, I have to wake up very early tomorrow, but definitely will read it early in the morning Aribeth, there are some points I did not understand and needs to be cleared up, looking forward to read it
this was a really frustrating episode

I was scraching myself during that coffin opening point, Adri in the front WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER??!! and Lili running into the scene screaming MAMA!!
Come on ppl, you do not need to be rocket scientists to put this together!!
at least have one thing cleared up, I know it's a long way to the end but this is getting on my nerves!
in this episode I had a feeling we're not getting forward but backwards here!!

beside this I totally agree with Dona Gringuita, Leo needs to rot in jail, that scene was freaking me out, how much duct tape do you think you need to close a mouth? if I were the actress I've been suffocating under that thing for sure!
 

All righty, recap is up.

Leo must die/go to jail ASAP.
 

Thanks Aribeth, great job and of course the photos are superb.

Anyway you look at it, dead or alive, boy or girl, we are a baby short. Time for Candi to clear this up for us.

Carlos


 

Aribeth – Thanks for all the details on this tough episode. Fine shots.

I was so frazzled by the graveyard scene and Bea being held captive that I had forgotten about Guzman and Nikki’s visit to the hair salon. Poor Guzman.

JA told Lili that even though he and Cris fight, they will always be her mother and father. I thought it was telling that he didn’t say they’d always be together. Vickie should take a page from his book, cause it’s silly to have Nelson in her bedroom to placate Nikki.

I can’t take much more of Lili and Adriana’s crying. Does Adriana even think about the parents of her 18-year-old -- the ones who got her from diapers to womanhood. Does she think she can waltz in with "Hi, I'm your mom. Let's go"?

 

Great recap Aribeth. How funny about the face cream scene. We didn't get it here in the U.S.

I hope Bea is found tonight. I don't want them to drag out her torture and abuse.

I am looking forward to Anibal having a heart attack. Of course it will probably earn him all kinds of undeserved sympathy. Bastard.

 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

(3rd try... major typos)

Aribeth - Thank you for the great recap!

Unfortunately, I doubt Anibal or Leo will die any time soon. They extended this telenovela another month.

Candi probably gave Cris's dead baby a proper burial, since it was her grandchild. I cannot imagine it any other way. Anibal would have no idea about the baby switch (as we guess), so it makes sense.
 

Masterful job, Aribeth. Thanks so much. Your choice of pictures is perfect as well.

It's funny. Nothing really happened that we didn't see in the previews on Friday -- and I was still on the edge of my seat all through the episode.

And if things weren't bad enough -- Balzac is still out there!

I'm not worried about sexually ambiguous Roy. He's about as big a threat to our Nikki-and-Frankie as Polita. Neta.
 

Anibal obviously didn't go to Roselena Torreslanda's school of villainy. She made sure to put another baby's corpse into the casket so that her dead baby lie wouldn't be found out when they opened the casket.

Fellow Refugio watchers, have you seen little Alexia in those Honey Bunches of Oats commercials?
 

Enjoyed the recap Aribeth.

Adrianna definitely overdramatized that scene, especially since she was always accusing of Anibal of doing something with her child and saying her child was alive.

"I'm not worried about sexually ambiguous Roy. He's about as big a threat to our Nikki-and-Frankie as Polita. Neta."

I agree Novelamaven.

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

Doris- I agree that it wouldn't have made sense for Cris's baby to be in the casket as she and Anibal weren't working together on this. He likely told the doc to get rid of the baby any way he saw fit, didn't give a darn what happened after that, and buried some rocks to keep up the lie of the dead baby. Totally separate from that, Cris's baby dies and the doc tells Candi that there's an abandoned baby in the hospital. Problem solved. The only mystery is where Candi had her grandchild buried.
 

That's Candi and Anibal weren't working together. Not Anibal and Cris.
 

"S.S.Anyballs ship has sailed"!! Thank you for that! Hope my comment is better late than never, just got time to read everything before the next episode.

TN4ever
 

Aribeth: All of your pictures told the story perfectly. Simply great! My favs were of Cris and Kendra, side by side, one in delight, one in "oye, what have I gotten myself into". Payback's a - well, you know...

"*Viewerville gives a side eye to the writers and their cheap plot devices.*", "the creeper" "Hilda/Gilda/Whatevs" and "*Viewerville: where’s an anvil when you need it?*" were great. Loved the recap.

Not quite understanding why Vikki and Adriana cannot get over their anger about Paula but never held Anibal to the same standard. Takes two to tango.

I didn't understand most of what Leo said (appreciate your translations), I just kept wishing he would disappear from the screen. As doris notes, Leo is not likely going anywhere soon. Unfortunately.

The graveyard scene was awful. Jose knows something is amiss but I can't blame him for not quite accepting the Lili/Cris/Adriana reality right at this moment. But, at least he is preparing.

Thanks again Aribeth!

Diana
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder