Monday, March 04, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #158 3/4/12: CAT. OUT. OF. BAG.

Okay. . . so Juan realizes that Pluto used his name to set up the fraud.

Pluto is surprised to find Rebe in her slutty red-riding-hood suit and a bedroom full of flowers. She teases him about his impotence when he manages to decline. She manages to goad him into it, though! Could we score ANOTHER false pregnancy in this show?

But in the morning Pluti gets a visit from the ghost of Antonia - a nice touch.

Renato to Adri - I just don't know if this is the time for reconciliation w/ me and dad. It looks like his use of the mousse is decreasing as his self-confidence grows.

Pluto lurks in his car to see Helena pay a visit to Eva. Helena complements Eva on her "prizification," premificacion.

WOMAN OF THE YEAR

A reluctant Eva has to get shoved out onto the stage. She thanks them all for the world of help that they have all given her. "You're not giving this reward to a woman," she announces [scary music, santi and ferni gasp]. . . "but to all the women of Mexico." You've all changed my life, I am a better person for having all of you. She talks of the saintly Antonia and starts winding up to a song, but everyone in the wings says NO SINGING. She works in a little wink to Helena's mom when she says women don't need men to be happy. She has really sweet things to say about all her friends in the audience, and barely recovers from another slip, calling Eugenia "ma-" [everyone who knows the truth gasps] "-magnifica actriz". . . good one!


She is quite sweet to them all, and starts winding up for an announcement - she has to tell them all something very important: "No soy una mujer" [GAAH everyone who knows freaks out and we get some big juicy "drama" music]. . . "uhhh. . . no soy una mujer valiente."
Fernie echoes my sentiments with a hand signal reminding Juan to cut it short, and surprisingly manages to do it.

Afterwards Renato sidles up to Eva with a disc of accounting (presumably proof of Pluto's guilt?)




Meanwhile, Pluto has broken into Eva's room. He finds wigs, and much more juicily, a spare set of boobies. He keeps going and finds a conveniently placed set of photos that lead him to the truth - Eva is Juan Carlos! But it gets juicier - he finds a pair of letters addressed to Adri and Helena - they must be a confession for after the planned disappearance of Eva. He makes his shark smile.

Juan sets up a meeting with Helena and starts to say goodbye and thanks to Eva. You've helped me, my dear, and taught me, and I'll miss you so much. Then he cackles with glee and dances when he finally gets those stockings off for the last time! Lord, he sure looks weird dancing in his undies and his boobies!

Next thing we know, Pluto joins Adri, who's waiting for Eva. Pluto jokes about Eva disappearing and leaving him at the altar, and jokingly lends him a gun.

Juan romantically makes out with Eva in his plaid boxer shorts. They have a great night, and then, in bed, she goes on and on about how she trusts him now and knows he'd never, ever mislead her. Viewerville is acutely aware of the whistling noise of the plummeting foreshadowing.

The next morning, in his bed at Mimi's, Juan is delighted to wake up and not have to dress as a lady again, but Mimi brings emergency news! Lucia and Helena and Lalito are here to help her get dressed and rush her to the church. ZOMG! At the primping party, things begin to look grim for her prospects of escape, with ladies all around. The wedding dress is a quite impressive display of foofery. Eva flips and screams, overwhelmed, but the ladies drag her along. She keeps trying to run away! Eugenia, on the phone: "COMO QUE SE VA A CASAR..." With all of them plus Lalo shoving, they finally manage to wedge her in the car. She tries to escape again, but it's too late! They're at the church!

Pluto is in a tux that isn't shiny - I'm a little disappointed.

As the pressure rises, Juan's face begins to spasm! Helena puts the veil on, and a quivering Eva begins to trundle down the carpet as slowly as she can manage, dragging an absurdly long train! Adri gets tired of waiting and he heads out to drag her in! OMG this incredible! Fortunately, mom to the rescue! Mimi brings her in at the last minute! But no, no rescue, they just bought her a little time. Now, as the priest asks if anyone has an objection, her phone rings! She pulls it out of the front of her dress to find out about the failure of the safe-snatching plan! Adri interrupts- DO IT, FATHER! Eugenia loos sick, but not as sick as Eva. The priest actually looks like Modesto. Priest: will you take this man - Eva: that's a tricky question, etc. . . stalls for a few minutes. Pluto smirks. Finally, when it comes down to it, she/he takes off the wig/makeup and

EEEEVVERYONE FREAKS OUT!

That's it!

Note - Friday is the last day (it'll be a two hour show). How can Helena possibly forgive Juan by then? I mean, in any way that's remotely satisfying for viewerville. My only theory at this point is that she'll move away in anger and we'll get a "months later..." for Juan's final apology, but even that sounds a little hollow.


Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Ezra. I like your side note about Fernie echoing your sentiments with a hand gesture to cut it short. This was all too exciting for me to even comment on it. I was pummeling my feet against the floor in excitement. The fallout begins tomorrow! I was sorry to see a gun enter the story. Why does everything have to end with a gun?
 

An excellent recap, Ezra. Agreed with "The wedding dress is a quite impressive display of foofery."

Antonia really told Pluti off, this time. Not that she stopped him.

The wedding preparations and the walk down the aisle were too funny. When I got married, my bouquet was quivering from my hands shaking, so Eva wasn't too far off. Lalo's reaction to the reveal was great.

La Paloma
 

Ezra, what a quick great recap. Loved the whole thing. One thing though, in the sentence you put Juan is in bed with Eva, which technically is true, lol, but actually Juan is in bed with Helena, lol.

I was holding my breath during that whole woman of the year ceremony. I thought for sure Juan would out himself there, but not so.

I loved Fern hugging Eva like she is really a woman and not JC, too funny.

And the wedding prep with all the ladies, that was such a hoot, and Silvia telling Adri it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. I loved Eva's wedding ensemble it was very pretty, and had to laugh about her being shoved in the car and those mincing steps up the aisle too funny.

I was wondering if Eva was going to say I do at the last minute, and so glad JC outed himself finally. This is gonna be bad for him, and Adri come to think of it, but at least now everyone knows the truth and the recriminations and Helena blowing a gasket will finally happen. We know she won't take this in a good way. It will take Helena some time to process this shock. Loved Lalito's expression when JC outed himself. But poor Adri, I hope now he'll lean on Mimi and get together with her. Now I am on pins and needles to find out what happens next!
 

Thanks Ezra. Wow! What an end to an episode. Talk about impactados. Lalito's shocked face was absolutely the best. I could not stop laughing after his reaction. And that was after laughing for minutes on end at all it took to get Eva out of the house, into and out of the car, and down the aisle.

Tomorrow the crap hits the fan. I hope Adri doesn't have a heart attack.
 

Still watching in LA...when Lalo shut the door on Eva preventing her escape en route to the wedding, she called him "demon. child" ...so Eva! One of my Latin amigas texted me that one. There were too many conversations going on at once for me to catch any Spanish ! Gertie
 

Ezra, thank you for the super quick recap. I agree that it was too bad that Pluti's tux wasn't shiny!

Vivi, I totally agree that Lalito's shocked face said it all and could not stop laughing either. As a matter of fact I had to play it back a couple of times. It was the best scene of the episode. Poor Helena just looked sick but who wouldn't with that kind of realization and what she had said to both Eva and Juan Carlos earlier. Her head must be ready to explode!

Rebecca and Pluterco are into some pretty kinky activities. Isn't this the second time he has choked her as foreplay? Seeing Rebecca as Little Red Riding Hood and all of the apples I began to wonder if the apples were supposed to be for granny, if they were the poisoned apples offered to Snow White, or if they were leading us back to Adam and Eve. She sure brought a lot of them. At least Rebecca had a good time and may have accomplished her goal, not so for Pluterco with Antonia making another appearance.

Not surprising that Santi and Fernando were a day late and a dollar short. The man with all of the answers (Onésimo) is waiting in the wings stuffing his face per usual. I wonder if he will be able to eat and run at the same time if Pluterco needs him to help pursue Juan Carlos. At least Juan Carlos tore off his own wig!

Jarifa

 

Best actor in this capitulo: Lalo, just for the best shocked expression.

Best actress: Eva, she was awesome!!

This was action packed from end to end. Usually it takes two flipping months for this much TN action!

I was thinking the same thing as Vivi...I hope Adri's heart holds out.
Helena's expression was right on target..sick..as Jarifa put it. I soooo feel for Helena and Adri.

But what a fun hilarious trip to the altar. Notice how ex-dishrag, Silvia, gave Eva a Hard love pep talk back at the pension?

Now a bunch of stuff is going to hit the fan...argh! It's going to get worse before it gets better!! Gertie
 

Eva 's mini steps down the aisle reminded me of Tim Conway on the Carol Burnett show. I'm dating myself. Gertie
 

Estoy impactada.
I just started watching this, my first TN, over Thanksgiving. I am finally caught up with the episodes and this blog, just in time to savor the final episodes. Thank you to all the recappers and commenters. I am learning so much from you and LOVING this show.
Lalo's look of surprise was so refreshing because as surprised as he looked, he seemed more amused than upset. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction tomorrow!
 

What a fun recap! I just had to check it out, and the great comments. What an exciting episode.

Also, I was thinking what I loved about this show..
Love the actor playing Adrien
Love that Eugenia Mistral isn’t weepy
Love Helena – what a great actress Lucero is. One of the few times a protagonista seems worth having all the fellows fall in love with her.
Love Helena’s powerful undergarments – no panty line on that girl
Love how Rebeca really WEARS her skimpy outfits
Love how Helena (and the other ladies) wear their 4” heels at home when they’re hanging out – what a hoot!
Love Mimi
Loved Antonia
Loved the actress portraying Santi’s slutty wife (can’t think of her name)
I’ll probably think of others later…

What I didn’t love was Modesto – I mean, the actor playing him. How does that guy have a career? He has only one expression. I’ve seen him in other things and he’s equally bad. Just being handsome doesn’t cut it…

Also didn’t love that the show was chopped to pieces

And I’ve liked the message of the show, and how they’ve shown the various ways men can be oppressive to women, from being casually dismissive to being overly macho to being verbally abusive.

 

Thank you, Ezra.
I agree with Vivi, La Paloma and Gertie, I could not laughing at Lalo's reaction.
Hmm- how will Helena forgive Juan we only have 4 days left? I'm sure that a left slap is coming.
 

Thanks, Ezra! I liked "a quite impressive display of foofery." It was a foofy monstrosity, wasn't it?

Looks like I was off on the weddings by an entire week!!

I loved the suspense of Eva's speech. It was like waiting for Ryan Seacrest to say whether someone's safe or not. (I don't watch any more, but I was traumatized by the words "we'll find out after the break!"

I'm disappointed that Adri is still so clueless that when Pluti hands him a gun and jokes about shooting Eva, Adri still doesn't get suspicious.

More Antonia! YEAH!!

I wonder if Pluto will end up strangling Rebeca on purpose. Or by mistake. Either way, it almost seems too obvious an ending for her.

Maybe the ending was somebody's dream? No, that doesn't seem likely... I'm warming up to those theories that Helena is going to forgive Juan quickly because Eva was such a good friend to her.
 

Oh, I liked "whistling noise of the plummeting foreshadowing," too.

Fishknits! Welcome! This is a heck of a TN to start with. I hope you enjoy the next one as much!

Maggie, I guess the secret to the Modesto actor's success is that so many TNs need a prune-faced grouch. The guy is probably delightful in real life, but his face seems stuck in a permanent disapproving scowl.

Jarifa, I didn't even notice the applies. It seems they weren't poison (or if they were, they were a VERY slow poison!). Or maybe Beca and Pluti were too busy for apples. In any case, apples are sometimes a symbol of fertility and Rebeca's going to need it because I don't think she has enough goodness in her to nurture a respiratory infection, much less an embryo.
 

OH. EM. FREAKIN GEE. Back later.
 

Thank you for the recap.

What a week this is going to be!

I think the apples followed the Red Riding Hood theme.

Carlos Bracho, who plays Modesto - I'll agree, no premios for his acting. But that voice! It's hard to appreciate because everything he says in PESE is so idiotic. But the voice itself is so beautiful and rich and soothing, we'd probably have peace in the Middle East if they'd just broadcast his voice through the streets.

 

I agree, Paula; Modesto's voice is beautiful, and his enunciation is so clear. I should just close my eyes so I don't have to look at him.

 

Eh, he's not really a grouch in everything. But unfortunately, Modesto in PESE and Humberto in LFMB are by far the two most memorable roles I've seen him in, so I'll have to say, sadly, that he's too effective a grouch for his own good!
 

And he looks like a monitor lizard. There's no way to sexy that up.
 

Thank you, Ezra!

Great episode. Eva getting herded off to the wedding looked like a stubborn bull who didn't want to get in the pen. I'm surprised they didn't need a cattle prod. The teeny steps up the aisle were hilarious, especially in that giant comet of a gown and veil.

The scene of Rebe explaining to Pluti with apples how he's going to bend to her will was also funny. She does seem too toxic to harbor life, though. At least she stuck with one of her standbys instead of ruining another children's story for us.
 

Julie and Blue Lass:

Carlos Bracho (Modesto) plays a priest on STUD and is pretty nice there. I was surprised how soothing of a voice he has too : )
 

For those of you who might enjoy more of Carlos Bracho's voice, he has his own website where he reads poetry by Pablo Neruda and an excerpt from "Don Quixote de la Mancha." Like some of you, I love his voice.

Jarifa
 

Jarifa:

Thanks for the info about Carlos Bracho. I will find to find it. I love Don Quixote : )
 

OT: Hi all, I have been away forever and miss the shows and this board. I have heard Porque El Amor Manda will be replacing this show next week. I wanted to know if that is correct and will it be recapped here. Thanks so much! Molly
 

MOLLY!!! Just the other day I was wondering what had become of you.

Of course we will be all over PEAM here. How could we pass up that much eye candy, I mean, such a great opportunity to expand our vernacular Spanish.
 

Hi Julia!
I know, its been about two years, I wasn't sure anyone would remember me! I have been contenting myself with my much loved DVD of Alborada. When I saw that Mr. Colunga was back I figured now was the time to jump back in and start watching. But there is no point in watching without Caray!Caray! so I figured I best ask. Thanks so much!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks for the terrific recapping, Ezra!

I know some of this was funny, but I was heart-sick through the entire hour. Eva/JC being "discovered by Pluti, of ALL people, shiny Pluti, then how he hides the news and still throws it in Adriano's face. The way Pluti has deceived Adriano has always angered me.

The sinking feeling really set in when Mimi burst into JC's bedroom with the bad news. Now there is no escape, no saving face.
The saddest moments, for me, were when Adriano was standing at to top of the stairs, waiting for Eva, and greeting all his man-friends. How will he ever deal with the fact that he was moments away from marrying a man.

And then there is JC...

I didn't laugh at all.

Sue in Florida
 

Just popping out of lurkdom to say I loved this episode and I can't wait for the rest of the week! Top moment of the night for me was JC dancing around in Eva's undergarments, so excited he wouldn't have to wear them anymore...too funny!! I love Jaime Camil!
On a side note, I keep hoping there is some way Adriano can save face in this situation...maybe JC can say he was in on it all along?? He was just pretending to be into Eva to help JC prove his innocence?? Maybe wishful thinking, but I feel so bad for him right now!
 

Wow, Isabel, what a great idea! I hope it happens!
 

Molly! Yes, I remember you - and your handsome picture. :)

Isabel - I think that's a great idea too. Adri has grown more from this experience than any other male character besides Juan. He deserves some mercy, and your solution is perfect.

But he has to survive this experience first! :-( And he and Juan will need to be able to explain why they extended this charade so far as to include a church wedding.
 

A few days ago I was thinking JC should come clean to Adriano privately and give him the option of claiming he was in on the ruse all along and did the whole in love/engaged/pregnancy scheme to give credence to Eva's smokescreen. The way it is now, he is so humiliated, and unless he can still manage to play it off well, everyone will think he's a fool. Helena will be mad, too, but she hasn't been set up for the same kind of humiliation as Adriano.

Pluti was sitting there at the wedding so smug. I want all this drama to backfire on him spectacularly.
 

Just finished -- ha ha! Lalo's face was a hoot and a half!

Welcome, Fishknits -- you're off to a great start! Will you be joining us for the new TN next week?

I didn't notice the apples, either -- I was too busy wondering how making fun of a guy's winky actually gets him going. I don't think that would work in real life.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder