Thursday, April 11, 2013

PEAM # 23: 4/10/13- Veronica Enters Self-Destructive Mode

Recap by: Pablo

After the rain last night, things could not get any worse for Rogelio, when Fernando tells him what ''he saw'' between Alma and Jesús. Now Rogelio has to take a number if he wants to kill Jesús, since there's other people with the same plans.
 
He doesn't know it yet, but in the warehouse, Malvino and his ass-istant choose whatever weapons they will use to erase Jesús from the map.
 
Looks like Jesús is in everybody's mind, and even Verónica confronts Elías in a very nasty way the reasons why he covered for Jesús hiding the truth from her.
 
When Elías tells Verónica she is digging her own grave behaving the way she does, it  is like putting salt on a snail, and she twists and gets defensive, not being able to see the lightpole in her own eyelids. For Elías, this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and takes the offer Verónica makes, when she says, it's either my way or the highway!!

Jesús tries to say farewell  to Alma, but fate has decided otherwise and after he visits Padre Domingo in La Parroquia del Sagrado Corazón, Padre agrees to include her in the ''massive confirmation mass'' that will take place within two hours. Jesús flies back to Avon and both go to the Church together. 

Back at Avon, when Rogelio looks for Alma, she's gone, and he gets really upset. And more when Doña Susana tells him she went out with Jesús. He demands she find them wherever they are, to no avail. Of course she will finally say she knows exactly where they are, so Rogelio can run and stop whatever he is thinking is happening behind his back.

Father Sunday tells Alma she needs a god-father to be ''confirmed'' and Jesús is the perfect candidate. 

Fernando Barbera, who inherited the sound effects archives from his father Joseph, dances and celebrates with Jessiquita, that Jesús is leaving. She would not agree to celebrate in a ''more intimate'' way until she is completely sure he is gone for good, so Fernando will have to wait to finally make his dreams come true.

Rogelio finds the church very quickly (without the help of the GPS) and thinking the worst, runs breathless to stop what he thought (and most of us think  thanks to the deceiving previews) was a wedding!!

Jessica is trying to get revenge and plots with the help of the ''three stooges'' to organize a ''farewwell party'' for Jesús. Plans that they   hide when Xóchitl dares to get near them and see why are they so secretly  smiling and laughing like crazy. 

Taking advantage of Jesús friendship with Father Sunday, Rogelio asks him to be the one who marries them, and he only agrees because he loves Jesús like a son and would do anything for him. 

Thugs 101 says that you should never stalk your victim in his workplace in daylight, but Malvino and his ass-istant only had access to Killing for dummies, so they do everything opposite to what they should be doing. That way, when they see Jesús talking with Rogelio outside Avon, they have to make sure they're doing the ''right'' thing and ask if there's no trouble if they ''dan una calentadita'' a Jesús as soon as they have a chance.
 
Rogelio's evil smile says more than a thousand words and  he can not wait to tell Fernando what he just discovered! Jesús García from Yuri and Jesús García the secretary are the same Jesús García!! Like killing two birds with the same stone...

When Valentina gets home and finds chaos, tears and unbalance. Her mother is sad, not because Jesús is showing her it takes two to  tango, or because Elías showed his true colors and finally decided to face her and take action, but because now she doesn't have anybody to manipulate and/or play ''plastic bubble house'' with... 

You can take yourself out of Avon, but you can never take Avon out of your heart--
Jesús gets (if my ''high definition'' broadcast doesn't lie) 15,000 pesos from Cárdenas (I don't remember seeing him with glasses before) and a big hug! Who'd a thunk it? Cárdenas is all heart (of course, he has Avon in his heart)

Xóchitl is ''hecha un mar de lágrimas'' (made a sea of tears) and confesses to Alma her love for Jesús, and Alma, seeing herself in that carnival mirror (distorted) tells  Xóchitl what she has  told herself countless times but was too drunk to remember... 

To make the story short, Xóchitl runs to tell Jesús all about her love for him, he is kind of surprised, but since we don't know if she is looking at him or the frito machine near by, she takes courage and spits it out: Jesús, I am in love with you from the very first moment I saw you!!

The previews (not to be taken seriously):
Patricia suspects Alma is also in love with Jesús
Rogelio is happy because he will marry Alma in less than a month and because Jesús will be beaten up or maybe killed by Malvino...
Valentina runs away without the bear who is probably still being disinfected!!

Previews for Monday shows Ninel Conde coquettishly winking in her now famous pistacchio green dress, so I am guessing she will be the ''new'' secretary (at her age, she should own the company by now, but... nah!).



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




 
 
 

 
  





 

--
 
--
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 




 

 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 




 

 
 
 

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

Wonderful, snappy recap. So enjoyed the whole thing and love the title.

What the hey is wrong with Veronica? She is BSC for sure. I think she is way in love with Chucho and she doesn't know how to deal. Instead she is constantly with her rules and regulations. I tell you I was in the military and we didn't have half the rules and regulations Vero imposes on everyone around her. It's her way or the highway.

It is great to see Doc Oc again from UFCS this time as a priest. I love this actor, he is a great character actor. I liked the advice the Padre gave Chucho so sweet.

Rog is worse than Dimm. I will have to come up with a new nickname for him. Fernando is still dim and those papers he was looking at with the charts. I swear he was comparing the colors, lol.

Poor Xochi, and poor Alma. They feel exactly the same way about Chucho but at least Xochi took the bull by the horns and told Chucho how she felt. Good for her, even though we know that will never go any where.

The person I really, really feel for is Valentina. Poor little thing. Being cooped up with her Mama is so not going to be good. I didn't like the avances with Valentina.

 

Pablo, What a great maiden voyage! But we knew you would be great. I liked the Thugs 101 being flunked or forgotten while they can barely cope with a Dummies version.

What a fun episode, Rogelio really loses it so well his charming ringlets just spin.

Mads, I liked your observation that Xochi was actually braver than Alma.
 

Pablo, what a fun and funny recap:
"salt on a snail", Fernando "Barbera" , and "ass-istant" were my favorites.

Wow! Verónica has now heard the same thing from Jesús, Elías, and Valentina about her obnoxious self.
Will she change at all or continue with her "doña Perfecta" routine? I think "asfixiante" afixiating--has been the best adjective to describe her.

In spite of Rogelio's presence, the priest read the situation between Jesüs and Alma correctly.
I liked him because he put Rogeliio in his place.

Maybe it was my tv, but Jesüs's twin set looked more "azalea" than fuschia.

Anyway, either I am getting used to it or this novela is getting better. Maybe it is just the erudite company on Caray, Caray. :)

Jarifa


 

Pablo, excellent recap! But I'm not surprised. Your lists are extraordinary.
April in the birthday month at my house so I am once again behind on my episodes, so thank you for preparing me for tonight.
I love the Thugs 101 and Killing for Dummies references. Fernando Barbera is so appropriate.
Ninel Conde in that green dress is my motivation when I work out.
 

OMG Pablo, FANTASTIC recap! You are opening with a bang! I laughed all the way through.
 

Mads, thanks for the Doc Oc reminder. I knew I knew him from somewhere...

I got a kick out of Valentina's face in the previews. Up until now she's done cute really well, but I was impressed to see how well she cries.
 

Pablo- Great job on your debut recap!

Blue- Valentina also did a great "impactada" face when the nanny/nurse told her Elias had moved out. Loved seeing her tell her mama off like that. You go, Vale!

And good for Elias too! I wish he had kicked HER out though because I bet HE'S the one who bought that nice house with his money.
 

Wonderful debut, Pablo. I missed most of the episode (my Wednesday nights just seem to be cursed) and I am grateful for thorough yet compact and entertaining coverage. (I like the "not to be taken seriously" warning on the avances...)

Wow, Xochi is an intense crier. My face felt all achy just from watching her. :(
 

Thanks to everyone for inviting me. It couldn't be bad after all the support. I will see if I can watch the episode again with english captions so I can make my comments.

I miss the caption Lady!
 

Pablo, is it still November 3?
 

Tks Pablo,

Tablet jefa ,all you need is to find Ninel Conde's plastic surgeon, I must say, a good one.
 

Variopinta you are so right.
Lipo does wonders!!!! LOL
 

''Attack of the purring women''

Yes, is still Nov. 3rd. I know because tomorrow Jesús will start a new job (if he survives, LOL)

Ok. After watching again with more time, I can start by saying that indeed what Verónica needs is a good spanking. I am against violence, but Vero could be the exception!
Just when I was geting used to the obnoxious sound effects, here come the FAMILIA PELUCHE effects, the cloud, the little hearts, what's next, bulging eyes and jaw dropping like in the movie THE MASK? If that happen I definitely quit!! I agree that a TN can be comedy, but there's gotta be limits and I have almost no tolerance...
Estate (from estate quieto) stay still, relax
Embustero -liar
Pelele - fool, dummy
Flechazo (from Cupid's arrows, love at first sight)
Ojo cuadrado - amazed, surprised
Bueno hasta el tuétano -good to the bone marrow
Manita de gato - This is very old and comes from watching a cat licking his paws to wash his face. Women say they need a ''little cat's paw'' when they need a little make up. Men think they actually need a ''tiger's claw!!''
Stifling - can you really use this instead of suffocating?
Veet you -I doubt this word applies to Xóchitl falling in love w/Jesús
Seer- ok, the one who sees, duh! Clairvoyant...

Now guess:
Silverio has one but never uses it.
Jessica has one and seldom uses it.
What is it?
 

Is it... a brain?

"Stifling" in the sense of suffocation - usually if you're in a very stuffy room you say it's stifling hot. But if you are going to suffocate/smother someone with a pillow you wouldn't call that stifling.

On the other hand, if you are trying not to laugh you could say you were stifling your laughter or choking back your laughter. Either way you wouldn't say you were suffocating your laughter, but you can see the connection between choking, stifling, smother, and suffocating...

So sometimes they're interchangeable and sometimes they're not.

Where did you see/hear "veet you"? I don't know that one. Did that come from the Caption Lady? I did see something questionable in the English captions last night but don't remember what it was.
 

Thanks.

In the last minutes, when Xóchitl tells Jesús that she loves him, the Caption Lady interprets that she says ''I veet you'' among other things.
I could also be wrong, like when I thought I had never seen Cárdenas with glasses and then there his is in the opening credits!!

 

Your recap was an absolute delight Pablo! Perfect lunch time break fare on a dreary day.

LOVED your take on Veronica's reaction to little sweetie's wassup mom? I couldn't believe she just let Elias walk out the door, or maybe she was just too numb to realize he actually told HER to take the hike and left. That said, I can do a fairly good imitation of Jess' victory dance as Elias took his lovely little suitcase and departed said nutjob. Just wish he had been able to take the little sweetie with him.

I'm with Madeleine...don't like the Val previews. Says a lot that Val doesn't want to stay with her mother and goes in search of most likely Chucho, but at this point I think she would take either dad. Nothing better befall that darling.

Only on a TN can you whip up being prepared for a confirmation in two hours. We'll just let that slide since it fit the scenario for the show. I had a hoot over Rog's reaction. Have to say, I was wondering how Erick E. would do in a comedy, but I'm rather enjoying his over the top/evil villian/doofus/romancing portayal. But then again, he could just stand there and I would be happy. ( Shallow much I know.)

Congrats again Pablo! Looking forward to more of your brilliant recaps!

 

Love it Pablo! Absolutely love it! I know it's been said before (will go back to comments later) but "Malvino and his ass-istant" is soooo à propos to the slime bucket hoping to make our hero kick the bucket. Hee hee! Loved Elias growing a pair and trying to at least give Vero a reality check: play plastic bubble house is exactly what she wants to do, Pablo. Didn't finish the ep, got it DVRd: this wonderful recap will make looking at the rest more enjoyable. Thank you!!

Lila
 

Wait! It's not a brain... it's a comb. Right?
 

Smashing debut Pablo. You nailed it. Just the right tone and efficient pacing.

Some of your images were so powerful...."putting salt on a snail". Yowza.

Like everybody else, loved "Thugs 101" but my favorite was:

[about Alma] "seeing herself in a carnival mirror".

Yes, that was a powerful scene. Suffering, sobbing little Xochi, and Alma, seeing her hidden, unacknowledged feelings mirrored in that character's heartbroken distress. You said so much, Pablo, with just a few words. Bien hecho my friend.
 

Pablo- ITA that your line about Xochi being a carnival mirror reflection of Alma was inpsired and poetic. Perfect description.
 

Pablo thanks so much for your fabulous recap and a wonderful debut. I look forward to watching the episode later today.

Thankfully our thugs are probably as incompetent as Rog & Fer so poor Valentina should be safe though she may get lost.
 

Pablo, fantastic debut. I knew you would be great at this. I liked the carnival mirror comparison as well; that is so apt.

So Elías finally snapped! I really enjoyed that. It's about time he stopped enabling Vero in managing everyone around her like they are pretty dolls in her perfect sterile dollhouse.

I also enjoyed Padre smacking down Rogue. I still can't figure out how Rogue got to be such a high-ranking businessman. He is so uncivilized and hotheaded.

Poor Xochi. I hope she'll find someone nice soon who can return her feelings. If nothing else, she needs a good close platonic friend she isn't attracted to, to help her become more self-assured and connected to the human experience.
 

Think very good casting re: Valentina. Not only is she a good little actor, she looks like Vero. Sometimes they even have the same facial expressions.
 

I was surfing around today and saw an article on NovelasySeries.com about Sanson. Our beloved dog has passed away : ( He had a heart attack on Saturday and died. May he rest in peace.
 

The taxi guy for Xochi, or Max's chauffeur.

Val knows how to use public transportation now.

 

Yes, Max's chauffeur for Xoch! We know she is destined for a makeover, and I don't think anything can be done for weedy taxi guy.
 

No NO No. Our Sanson. Oh, that breaks me heart. May he rest in heaven with all the dog bones he can ask for.
 

Maybe Elias for Xochi, after she gets a little more life experience and all. I'm not sure he and Vero are going to stay together, and although he's a bit older, he's a kind and gentle enough soul for her. But probably the chofer; good call.
 

Madelaine, thank you for updating us on our poor Sansón.

Jarifa
 

Julia: Maybe Elias and Val's therapist or someone we haven't met yet. Xochi would have to change a lot--and I don't mean physically--to make me like her with E.
 

Thanks for this, Pablo, very well done.

I'm very worried for Verónica. Her ordered world has really been turned upside down by the return of Jesús.

Though it's been preordained that Jesús winds up wih Alma, I'd prefer to see him back with Roni and Tina and have Elias and Alma end up as a pair. I also think that Xochi and Rog would make a very cute couple.

Carlos
 

Very funny, Carlos. Xochi and Rogue?! That is perverse. I'd like Vero and Rogue together. They can bathe together in Purell happily ever after.

How about Elias with Pati?

What about Cardenas? Maybe he'll decide all his girlfriends are too much work and settle down with one?
 

Pablo, thank you for the recap.


Every time I see bad-guy hitman Malvino, I picture him as Felipe the fop in Corazon Salvaje
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc1NjIxMjY5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA5ODQyMw@@._V1._SX240_SY320_.jpg
 

I should never judge a book by its cover, but Cardenas doesn't look like somebody with more than one ''girlfriend''. I suspect he has a very different definition of what we call ''girlfriend''. He could have a hobby collecting stuff, or fixing antiques, or old cars, something...
 

I love the idea of Elias with Pati. He really needs to have a good time, and she really knows how to have one.

Carlos, we can always write our own endings after the gran final.
 

Gracia Pablo, funny!

You guys crack me up with your crazy parjas. I don't see Xochitl with any of this group. I see the emergence of a swan & a new guy. Rogilio is a crook, he is going to la carcel.
I think sth will thaw Veronica & she & Elias will live happily para siempre. Surely she wasn't this way when she was with Jesus. Bitterness I guess, single mom for awhile.
 

Oh, poor Sanson! Well, I'm glad his final scene in my memories has him surrounded by luxury and wearing a golden gangsta chain.

I'm gonna say Xochi and Ricardo, after he recovers from his crush on undeserving Maricela. If Fernando doesn't end up in jail (he doesn't really seem to do anything useful for the "organization") maybe he'd be good for Mari because they're both idiots.

Jesus and Veronica makes sense if Valentina is really J's daughter. That's another reason I'm questioning if she really is. I still think there's another man in Vero's past we don't know about. (I have a theory about this which is half a joke, maybe it was Malvino, wouldn't that explain a lot?)

Cardenas and his "girlfriends" - I agree with Pablo's assessment, though maybe it's just that this actor's character from UFCS is still too fresh in my memory to imagine him as a womanizer. ;-)

I'm sick today and will probably conk out before tonight's episode is over. So thanks in advance to TJ for tonight's recap.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder