Thursday, April 18, 2013

PEAM #28- 4/17/13: Rompope Could Be Both Healthy and Engergizing


 
Recap By Pablo
 
For the record: After episode 26, 3Ball has been replaced and now the intro is the ballad they use in the romantic scenes. I liked the old one better. Had more kick!

Nov. 4th. (from morning til noon)

Alma dials 815562002 but is afraid to talk. On the other side of the line Jesús whispers her name but she doesn't hear him. She has hung up already and stays in a daze of romantic memories savouring Jesús' Kisses, ''fake'' or non-intentional, but all real.  

By the coffee machine, Discua, the ''new'' secretary chosen by Fernando, prepares herself a drink, only to be interrupted by the three stooges, who introduce themselves as Gilberto Godínez, Ricardo Bautista and Julio Pardo. Godínez extension is 1409 and he offers himself to whatever she may need in the future. They all sweat wishing she needs them.
Jessica, who seems to be following them everywhere they go, witness the flirting and runs to Fernando's office to see if she can get her desk back.

But Fernando has a new flavor this month as Jessica has been replaced. Chocolate cookie no longer satisfies Fernando's cravings, now that he has a nice ''bombón''...

Since Discua seems a little bit hard to get, Fernando asks Jessica for the pheromone fragrance,  but she is so upset now that she realizes her affair is over, that she runs to Discua's desk, only to raise her arm and then run away very upset. Later on in the dining  area, Jessica jealously remarks on  Discua's imperfections (which only she sees), because the guys think that if Jessica gets 9.8, Discua is more than 11...
Personally, I prefer Jessica, whose beauty is more natural and her slim body looks fine and very proportionate. But... that's my opinion.

Xóchitl takes this opportunity to get even with Jessica, and just as Fernando thinks he can have a little intimate time with Discua in the parking lot. Patricia shows up- 
She has a brilliant idea: Jesús should come back to Avon to make Alma lose interest in Rogelio so she can have him all to herself. Taking advantage of that, Discua sneaks out of the car avoiding octopus Fernando's advances. What he didn't know is that the new secretary has firm beliefs and not only is a virgin, but will remain like that until she gets married. The forty winks? That's just a nervous tic. But the harder the climbing the sweeter the prize, so Fernando decides to pursue this ''bombón'' until he get a bite.

Marisela talks Ricardo into taking her out to the expensive Gourmet restaurant La Fountaine (where they left Jesús hanging with the ginourmous bill) and now he wil try to sell his soul to the devil to take her there...

Monterrey is so small, that from all the garbage collection people, Marisela's dad picks up Chatita's, in Nuevo Repueblo, Topo Chico or wherever they live. Besides, garbage collection is not in a hurry, and even when Chatita talks to him like in a SNL sketch, not looking him in the eyes but reading the cue cards, they spend a lotta time talking 'bout the old times, and about Marisela...

FF Verónica talking to Valentina's teacher, blah blah blah, she has two dads, and so on...

Meanwhile at Orion (Avon with different decoration but with the same computers with the PEAM stickers!!! - check the floors, same circular areas of light wood with metallic circles), Eugenio and Simón, the new stooges who are keeping an eye on Jesús, can not believe their eyes when Patricia enters the office more beautiful than ever!! Perfect make up, perfect hair and a very dazzling red dress with no back and lotsa metallic rivets...

Chatita's gossipy mode is never done, and when the garbage man leaves, Verónica arrives, feeling like talking about Jesús and needing something strong to drink, Chatita, whose memory comes and goes from the uncertainty of knowing who she is to drawing the exact replica of a tattoo she has only seen once, offers her Rompope la Villita con sabor a Vainilla, and there they go, drinking half a bottle in a few sips while Verónica opens her heart and love doubts to her new friend. Verónica never leaves home without Purell and Chatita, old and wise, just looking in Verónica's eyes, guess the truth they hide, but knowing she can not intervene, only advise. Verónica has the last word, she is the only one to decide.

This is Jesús' first day at Orión, he worked one week at Avon and now Patricia wants him to go back. He has to ignore this mermaid's singing. Of course he swears he will never leave this job and bite the hand that is feeding him, but Patricia is so persistent, using Alma as an excuse, That Jesús is left thinking... Valentina is high priority, and she deserves better than what he has to offer right now.

Jessica confronts Fernando, Fernando gets upset and says he could fire her if she annoys him any more, Fernando gets a call from the Law officer who wants to interrogate him. I would like to see his pants right now, because he got really scared and not knowing how to react, asks Rogelio for advise... They argue and finally set a date with Cantú to go see the officer. The scene is long and ''funny'' full of faces, sounds and other gimmicks.

Jesús talks to Valentina via internet, then with Xóchitl who tells him about Fernando's date with the Law Officer, but the best scene is when Patricia and Alma get together to eat, and behind them is another secretary-o, who probably works at Avon too, because he is wearing the same color shirt and suit from the uniform.

Misleading preview: They want to make us believe Chucho has returned to Avon and what is true is that Cantú reveals the Dimm brothers Jesús' green kryptonite, he is on probation!!! Now it could be easier to finish him off (or so they think).

Trivia
Mosca muerta (dead fly) is how we call someone who looks shy but is actually the opposite.
Discua lives in Colonia Independencia and her phone number is 8145123658.
Ah, and she knows computers, her curriculum says that besides being bilingual, she knows the software ''ocffice''. It must be new, since I have never heard of it!
(They thought I wouldn't freeze the frame to get the facts, hahaha)

Commercial break: Rompope is a drink similar to egg-nog but with a little alcohol. The best you can get without going to Mexico is Santa Clara, but if you go to or know somebody from Parras de la Fuente Coahuila, the nuns there make the best in the area. In Parras you can also get the best sherry. 
 

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

What a terrific recap. I liked your title too!

I had to lol when Discua was telling Fernando about her tic. It was too funny. Now we know it's a tic and not something she does on purpose. I am glad she got to scoot out of the car and also the way she announced the police business, too funny.

Patymelt was trying her hardest to get Chucho to go back to Avon. I liked the chat that Chucho had with Valentina, she is sooo cute.

So Vero actually has a soft side. And the way she was tossing down the Rompope, wow!!!! I wonder if she was a drinker in the past. I can just see her doing shots of tequila : )

I am really liking Chatita. She is there for everyone to tell their troubles to. I really like the way she listens and then gives advice. I am hoping her memory becomes better : )
 

Great recap, Pablo. What a lot of detail.

I agree with you about Jessica vs Discua.

I was surprised by Vero's visit to Chatita - and by her knocking back the Rompope. Chatita's on again off again memory problems annoy me a bit but I like her as a sounding board and advice giver.

There are lots of child actors who are cringe inducing but in this show Valentina's scenes are often my favorites. She is adorable and she brings out the best in the actors around her. The skype scene was cute.

Pati caused quite a sensation at Orion -- and a bit of turmoil in the hearts of Jésus and Alma.

Güera
 

Great re-cap Pablo, I like your male viewpoint of this Telenovela..

I disagree on Jessy v. Solidad physical features, Soledad (Discua)has a rear end that causes traffic to stop, causes men to stop breathing. But her dedication to being a virgin, will make cold showers a part of Fern's nightly routine.

To the ladies: Jesus Garcia is the luckiest man alive, he has the affections of Sexy Pati, Semi-Sexi Alma, Soon to be Sexy Xochil, and now also Sexy Veronica....(Plus half the females on this blog.)

Btw, Jessy is starting to get on my nerves, with her silly A$$...the way she turns and shake her butt, as if she is saying "kiss my A$$." She is both sexy and stupid....but I still want to see her in something other than the secretary uniform...how long before Soledad gets to wear the uniform? Will she be exempt from wearing the gear? Only time will tell, and as slow as the days move, it may be next week before her second day on the job.

I will stay tune....With all the bad news around the world, and across the country lately, it is nice to turn on something as silly as this show.

Anon#1


 

''Living with Alzheimer is great, everyday I get to meet new people''

I wanted to say that Rompope (milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, rum or sugar cane liqueur, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) was also able to make you loosen your tongue or forget your inhibitions, but Verónica, being as strict as she is (or should I say, double faced), eating only organic and healthy stuff, started talking before the first sip. I think she did that to get courage, because she needed someone to talk to very badly. Didn't matter who. She needed to tell her version of the story to anyone not involved (or who didn't know her well), and being a lonely woman without friends (so far we have seen her interact only with people related to her because they have to), with Elias gone, Minerva too busy screening every inch of the house with the black light looking for bacteria, etc., the only available ears were Chatitas, although telling her stuff is like playing lotto, you never know if you're talking to the wall or to a loudspeaker... It was fun though, seeing her bonding with another human being. Hopefully this happens again and they become friends.
After all, both of them have something in common and is not Jesús, is something in the brain...
 

Yeah, well, I feel Ninel tries too hard to be the human version of a Barbie doll but (personally) I find Jessica less ''obscene'' or more appealing because hers, being the shortest skirt I have seen in my life, and with those long legs, it doesn't look vulgar. It looks nice.
The antics are another story, but the body, I think is harmonious and proportionate. Not too much to make her fall on her face and not too much to make fall on her a$$. Just enough... balanced.

Good you like Conde better so we won't fight, LOL!
 

Thanks, Pablo. I often wonder if those shorty short skirts have a pair of shorts attached inside like little girls' skirts. Otherwise, I don't know how these ladies could sit down . I've worn short skirts, but the ones that Jess wears are microminis.
 

Pablo, what a detailed and funny recap! I also preferred the original opening music to the ballad they are using now.

IN this episode I really enjoyed:

Discua's description as "virgen y santa" and her "rules".

Cachita's conversation with Pánfilo and Verónica. Besides the Rompope, Verónica got a good dose of reality. And it is always Christmas at Chatita's house!!!

Lee, I also wonder how long before Discua will be forced into the fuschia trimmed uniform.

Jarifa


 

Ah Pablo, again with the brilliant recap. And now, you will have me looking at the floors and scenery tonight of the Orion offices instead of listening to what people say. Too funny you picked up on that. Budget, budget, budget.

I guess they are trying to soften Vero up for us, but not buying it yet. Was a cute scene with Her and Chatita though. That woman, lord love her, is so hug worthy.

As for the preference on Discua vs. Jess....well, I sort of like our little Patimelt. But all the short skirts and skin tight dresses get on my nerves a bit. I know this is a comedy so the costumes and outfits are more extreme, but boy some of that would not fly in a corporate workplace in the real world. And personally, I think a woman can be just as sexy and alluring without the painted on apparel. And this coming from someone who is impatient for some TRUE gratuitous shirtlessness in this TN ( not MAL), so take my opinion with a total grain of salt, or swig of Rompope.
 

Thanks, Pablo! I wondered what rompope was. Hmm, that doesn't sound very vegan to me and Vero sure chugged that stuff down fast! She must really be in a state...

I like how you put "funny" in quotes to describe all the shtick...

True Jess's beauty is more natural, but the character's pettiness and stupidity (and the butt-shaking thing she does that Anon#1 mentioned) drives me up the wall. But if she ends up finding her brain and heart I could end up liking her.

On the other hand, no matter how hard I try to dislike Ninel Conde or at least be jealous of her, I just can't do it. I wonder how she will rock the Avon uniform? (And how high will she keep the hem of her skirt?)
 

Julie:

I have trouble disliking Discua too. I saw Ninel Conde in Mar de Amor and couldn't stand her there. I think with her hems, she may keep the hemline she has now with her pistachio dress. Look at Xochi, hers are long, as is Susanna's. Maricela's are mid length, short not too short, but Jess has them all beat. I agree with you about Jess too.

DaisyNJay:

I too agree with you about Patymelt. Everything she does is so naturally funny. She doesn't have to try to be funny at all, and I like her clothes too : )
 

Ok.

I like Pati over all, with her petite size and attitude.
I like Jess body.
I like Ninel for the first time in a TN even when I don't like entirely the way she looks.
I am starting to like Chatita even when I don't like Carmen Salinas at all.
I need more time to see if I like everybody else.
 

Love Chatita as the advice giver. The fact that she has short term memory issues makes her more interesting and perhaps a bit dangerous in an innocent sort of way. But she has a ton of wisdom and it is the kind of wisdom that all of the shrinks in the world cannot provide because I feel that it is honest and genuine.

Thanks so much for explaining the Mexican eggnog. My Mom always made eggnog from scratch and gave bottles of it to friends as Chistmas gifts. Chatita reminds me a lot of my Italian mom.

I hope Ninel Condi's character remains painfully virginal. I want her to drive horney Fernando crazy. When Ninel was having the interview with Alma and Alma got real happy, my bad Spanish made me think that Ninel said she was formerly a man...and had some operations....now that would have been hilarious but a little too twisted for this novella.......but the virgin thing could be even better. Gertie
 

Pablo, Jessy's legs look long because she has less "junk" in the trunk. I am not saying shes not "bombon", just not as bombon as Discua. I agree with you that Discua is made-up to look like a Barbie Doll on steroids. I also agree that Sexy Pati is the overall winner of this Sexy-Bombon-Beauty Contest.


Jarifa, How will Discua wear the Secretary Uniform? I bet they will have a different design for her, same color as the others, but somthing to show off her assets..

One last thing....the last few episodes, Jessy doesn't look as "ashey". (I guess they gave up on trying to make her skin lighter.) And Alma has recovered from her two black eyes....
 

Hilarious recap, Pablo! I loved it. You are taking to this like a duck to water...

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I'm willing to bet they had to special-order Discua's uniform (or, as Maricela says, "yoonifirrrrm.")
 

& Pati's still my she-ro. :)
 

Great job Pablo!

At least you men have a number of hot women of various shapes and sizes to argue about in this tn. We only have ChuloChucho and Elias (not that I'm complaining). The rest are schmucks. Although, I do find Rogue to be adorable from time to time.
 

Pablo thanks so much for the recap and the interesting bits of cultural info you always share.

ITA w/daisynjay that Vero's transformation would be more believable if she were not so horrible with her young daughter.
 

Clever, observant and informative Pablo...you hit it out of the park again.

Faves:
"Fernando has a new flavor this month..."

and {Chucho} "has to ignore this mermaid's {Patti} singing" [Way to bring in the classics, my friend! Nice touch.}

Pablo, there were two interesting words used last night. One I found..."patizamba"=meaning either knock-kneed or bowlegged.

Doubt if Discua is either, but that was Jessica's diss on her.

The other was Chatita referring to Marisela as a "huerca". I knew it wasn't a complimentary term, but it's not in my diccionario. Can you help? Thanks.

Also, love love love the cultural information. Rompope by the nuns sounds ambrosial, vegan or no!

Now on the relative merits of these babes, I should just let you guys fight this out on your own. But actually, Jessica, Alma and Patti are all beautiful and when Ninel Condé is rocking Bonbon Asesino, she's spectacular.

But I like the way they have softened her look and manner to play the virginal and virtuous Discua. Got to give the lady props for "playing against type"! And I think she's doing a good job in this role.

Now, if you don't mind, I'll just go back to thinking sweetly of little Valentina, and drooling into my lunch napkin over Chucho.
 

Thanks!

Patizamba (patas- legs + zambas- curved) is indeed someone whose legs are not straight. Zambo(a) means the same.

Guerco(a) is a kid. Could also be guerquillo(a) and is the way people from the north area in México refers to small kids. Is not offensive, is more like when we say ''mocoso'' (kid with boogers), meaning the person is a fool/has no experience. Marisela is a guerca who has not figured anything out yet and she has a lot to learn, A LOT!!
 

Ay Ay Yi Yi--Pablo, you are a natural recapper. Welcome to our wordy world. This was hilarious. Great debut. We want more!!

You obviously know your women.

I like both Jessica and Discua, but for different reasons. Jessica was there first and was unfairly punished. She's a knockout, even if she does have to wear that short short whatever they call it. Fernando is a jerk. Discua is sincere and doesn't know the Jessica-Fernando-Bodega backstory. She believes in working hard and has a sweet personality.

Thank you for the names of the two new sillies at Orion. Does anyone know who the cute guy is played by (not Marcial of Refugio)?

I asked this once before and didn't get an answer. Now I'll ask it rhetorically. Jesus is the only person in either Avon or Orion that does NOT have to wear an ID tag. Why is this? Even Patricia has to wear one when she comes to visit and all the secretari-as and sillies wear them and Alma, too.

As for Marisela's dad chewing the fat with Chatita--we would call this TOGCC in Monterrey (The Only Garbage Collection Company) in Monterrey. That explains why Chatita and M's dad are able to get together.
 

Ah. Mocoso=boogersnot kid.

Judy, I also heard Jess say that Discua had a papada - a double-chin. LOL. Like anyone would be looking at her chin(s)?

I can't stand Carmen Salinas, and I don't even know why. There must be something about her that annoys me on a subliminal level. I've warmed up to Chatita the character, but would have preferred Ana Martin in the role. :)

I've gotten used to Blanca Soto. I know a few people compared her to Mayrin what's-her-face (from UFCS) at the beginning of this TN, but I think Blanca's actually a little better. Or maybe it's the character. I never liked Mayrin's character in Familia very much.

Gertie, one of the (few) interesting things Fernando said last night was when he told Jess that at least with Discua he knows where he stands. He'd rather have a firm "no" than be teased. I find that strangely refreshing. :-)

Vivi, I confess I hadn't even realized that we were getting short-changed in the hunks department. When Chucho and Elias are on the screen at the same time, I don't even know where to look. If they threw in Sebastian Rulli, I would probably go blind.
 

Of course, we must all be reminded of the subtle PSA during Panfilo and Chatita's conversation about recycling and helping the environment!! He gave Chatita a virtual pat on the back for separating her recycleables from her garbage. Now, if only they could compost, it would be a perfect world.
 

Anita, have you really never seen an ID badge on Chucho? I remember him showing his badge off to Baldomero (whatever his name is, the boss's driver) on Tuesday night.

Some people wear their badges up high - like on their collars - while others wear them low, on their waistband or pocket. They're less noticeable if you wear them low. (I'm thinking they could also be a problem with the bright studio lights if the badges are shiny, so it might be a good idea to keep them out of the way.)
 

Pablo--apologies in order. This is not your debut as recapper. I have to confess that with a full house here for a week, reading the recaps got behind. I'll go back and find your other ones. (So nice to have a guy that knows "stuff.")
 

Julie, I didn't see Jesus show Baldomero the badge. I don't even know if I saw Jesus with Baldomero. I'm still three days behind. Will watch for it in my make-up sessions.
 

a) recycling could be something they only do in Monterrey.
b) recycling could be something they do here because is a TN.

I have a friend in DF who told me he separates the garbage (organic and inorganic, glass, etc.) and then the garbage collectors throw ALL THE BINS TOGETHER IN THE TRUCK!!!
I couldn't help to laugh, because it's true, some people don't respect recycling and just ignore our efforts.

BTW, I don't separate glass (save jars for preserving) from inorganic, but I compost. I feel good giving something back to mother earth.
 

"When Chucho and Elias are on the screen at the same time, I don't even know where to look. If they threw in Sebastian Rulli, I would probably go blind."

THIS! Too funny Julie. ( I have a habit of not changing the channel after PEAM and watch Amores occasionally. Dear Sebastian had a shower scene the other night...the lack of shirtlessness in this TN was more than compensated for.)
 

OMG Daisy which episode? He is almost old enough for me. ;}
 

Blue Lass- It was Tuesday's episode. Elvira did screem caps. You'll find shirtless Rulli about 1/3rd down the page: http://caraycaray.blogspot.com/2013/04/amores-verdaderos-cap-110-april-16.html

Enjoy!
 

They ask us to separate our paper/cardboard from our cans/bottles/containers, but then they dump them both into the same part of the truck - but I think I know why they ask us to separate them. When you dump them into the truck, the paper/flattened boxes kinda all fall down in one clump. The plastic/glass/metal containers sort of pour out in a stream. If you dump the two separately, it's easier to dump each into the truck more-or-less neatly. But when they're all jumbled together in your bin, they come out awkwardly and more of the trash ends up in the street.

After which, the trash guys helpfully throw the bins over my neighbor's fence and I don't get them back until my neighbor notices and gives them back to me.
 

That's screen caps, but the sight of shirtless Rulli might make you scream too... :)
 

Thanks, Vivi!

And YOWZA.
 

Just getting back...thanks Pablo for the vocab lesson, thanks Julie for making me laugh my head off ("go blind", yikes!) and yes, I admit...from time to time I check Amores Verdaderoes for one reason only...Sebastian Rulli in the shower. A gal can dream, can't she?
 

Great Julie, thanks for the tidbit of info. On Fern telling Jess that he likes a firm ''no" rather than be teased. It will be interesting to see how his self control holds out. Gertie
 

Thanks for another great recap along with your insight,Pablo.

My Spanish tutor introduced me to rompope by giving me a bottle of Santa Clara Rompope for Christmas one year. I had never seen any before but I love the stuff. It goes great over Starbucks coffee ice cream or sipped straight chilled.

As for good looking guys, I think that both Rog and Fern are very handsome men and the curly-haired silly who was Arnie in Gancho and Oliver in LldA is not ugly either.

For me, Fernando just keeps getting better. Is anyone else reminded of Pepe le Pew?

When I first began watching Spanish language television, Carmen Salinas hosted a show that seemed like sort of a raunchy version of Oprah. I didn't understand a great deal at that time plus if there were CCs, I hadn't discovered them, plus it seemed like half of the words were bleeped but it was hilarious and she was quick to give rather harsh frank advice to her guests... especially the men and the sluttier women. Chatita seems like a tame version of... well... Carmen Salinas.

Carlos
 

Pepe Le Pew--Perfect Sobriquet for Fern, Carlos.

Pablo--Your debut posting was last Thursday. We were deep into party preparation, so I hadn't read it. I just read it. You are a hoot. Really glad you joined in as a recapper.
 

Thanks. I am glad you all like it.
 

Thank you, Pablo, I appreciate your male perspective.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder