Monday, April 08, 2013

Qué Bonito Amor! starts next week. Here's the plot kick-off summary...

Here's the synopsis, courtesy of Vivi. This team is raring to go! They think this is going to be fun...

Qué Bonito Amor! is a love story like no other, which not only encompasses the most endearing Mexican traditions, but also ennobles one of the most representative icons from Mexican culture: mariachi music.
The story begins when we meet Santos Martinez de la Garza (Jorge Salinas), a young (LOL!), handsome and carefree millionaire, who owns a car distribution company. Santos is deceived by his closest partners; one of them is Bruno (Sergio Mayer), his friend and his sister Wendy’s (Susana Diazáyas) boyfriend. After being accused of fraud and money laundering, Santos is compelled to escape from Los Angeles, CA to Mexico, like a fugitive. This situation forces him to take on a new identity: Jorge Alfredo Vargas, a mariachi singer.
At the same time, we meet Maria Mendoza (Danna García), a humble, pretty and brave young (LOL!) girl who lives with her mother, Amalia (Angélica María), a widow; and her two younger sisters,Paloma (Renata Notni), who is about to turn 15, and Isabel (Karyme Hernández), 8 years old. Ever since Pedro her father died, Maria has had to work in order to help her family get ahead in life, because Amalia suffers from a degenerative disease, so Maria is the only support her family has.
Santos and Maria meet at the “Ay Jalisco, No Te Rajes” Bar, where Maria works as a ranchera music singer. It is there in the bar where they both find love for the first time. It is also in this bar, run byDon Concho (Salvador Pineda) and his wife Lourdes (Lina Santos), where the sweetest, saddest, most touching, comic and dramatic situations of the story will take place, together with Maria´s inseparable friends who are members of the bar´s mariachi band: El Coloso/the Giant (Pablo Montero); El Mil Amores/the Casanova (Arturo Peniche), who will turn into Santos´ confidant and ally; El Soñador/the Dreamer (Mariano Palacios); Susanito (Miguel Ángel Biagio); El Barítono (Rafael Negrete); and El Aventurero (Latin Lover)

But there will be lots of tunes, chords, and conflicting forces within Santos and Maria’s love story. Santos will face Ruben del Olmo (Marcelo Buquet), a powerful and dishonest business man who is married but obsessed with Maria´s love; and El Coloso, Maria´s eternal suitor, who will fight for her against Santos. On the other hand, Maria will deal with lies and tricks of Elvira (Malillany Marín), Don Concho´s daughter, who will not rest until she can have Santos at any cost. 
And of course, the threat of the revelation of his true identity, jail, and potential separation from his one and only love, the beautiful Maria, hang over Santos. A story full of ranchera music, mariachis, tequila, color, but most of all, full of hopes and dreams that will make us all sing: ¡Qué Bonito Amor!

Labels: ,


Comments:
This one looks like fun. All the music will be a delight. Jorge Salinas looks fine in his mariachi outfit. Does he really sing? I haven't seen much of Fuego en la Sangre but didn't he sing in that one too? It's good to see Pablo Montero, and the Arturo Peniche, is the the papa of Brandon Peniche from Refugio?
 

Jorge Salinas does sing; he has been on the musical stage. Whether he has taken the appropriate voice instruction for ranchera is unknown. He sang once or twice in FELS, but no solos, only with his two brothers.

Arturo Peniche is the father of Brandon. Talent runs in that family.

I will be your guide for the Gran Estreno of this story.
 

He is also the father of Kiabet, who plays Dorotea in Amor Bravio.
 

Vivi and Urban,

Thanks so much for the info.

Urban:

Can't wait for your first recap for this TN. Your recaps are also marvelous : )

Vivi:

Can't wait for yours and Anita's too. What a great team y'all have : )
 

Thanks, Vivi, for the summary. This looks like it could be real fun. I will have to give it a look!

Jarifa
 

Sounds juicy Vivi. Thanks Love it when Sergio Mayer plays villains. Can't stay up for this but maybe I can record it.
 

I'm really looking forward to this one! I "previewed" about a dozen or so of the episodes (downloaded them) a few months ago. I thought this was very fun, VERY campy, and colorful.

From what I could tell, it appears that Jorge Salinas's singing is dubbed. I recall him singing in FELS and I thought he had an okay voice (sort of "whiskey" sounding) but he sounds very different here. (Very sweet and smooth.) I could be wrong, but I don't think it's his voice at all.

I had wanted to be a recapper for this one, because of my love for Jorge Salinas, but I got caught up in Amores Verdaderos! LOL. But it's okay. However, if any recapper wants to collaborate with me so I can provide them with screencaps (you know how I love my screencaps) then let me know!

One thing I'll say about this show is . . . keep your expectations realistic. I've only seen a dozen or so episodes, but I think a strong beanie is required. I decided after a while to just go with it and have fun. It's so campy that I love it. Very colorful, corny, melodramatic. Or maybe "so bad it's good" is where it's going. I won't say that (because I haven't seen enough of it to make that determination) but it wouldn't surprise me.

I kind of love it (in a perverse kind of way) that both hero and heroine are not as young as the parts written for them. It just makes it funnier. They both look great, though, and I think they have good chemistry.

Anyway, love the colorfulness and of course Jorge Salinas is awesome. Yes I'll admit that I would have preferred seeing him in a different role after his magnificent performance in La Que No Podia Amar, but I'm just glad he's working and seems happy and healthy and I think probably having a lot of fun in this part.
 

I anticipate mucho de Mejia madness which always inspires sparks of snark and I think it will be interesting watching middle-aged mariachis warbling their way through in hopes of winning the love of a woman supposedly 15-20 years their junior..... I'd say it will appear more like one mid-life crises after another! None of the male heavy-hitters in this thing are anywhere near what I would describe as "young" except for Mike/Miguel Biaggio and Pablo Montero. I gather most all of them can at least carry a tune and some are singers like Victor Noriega, Biaggio, and Pablo Montero. Yup, this one should be fun to follow.
 

I just couldn't resist chuckling at the description of 40-somthing JS as a "young man", and 35 year old DG as a "young girl." Neither are decrepit, and both are very good looking. But clearly the roles were written for people 10-15 years their junior. I do look forward to all the singing and the mariachi costumes in this.

Looks like commenter Ellie will be taking over recapping duties from me. She loves JS and is a native Spanish speaker, so I think her recaps will be quite adoring and fun. Elvira- Your screen caps would be amazing on this I bet! You should contact Jardinera and others on the recapping team (of which I just jumped ship) to see what you can work out.

 

Oh how could I resist commenting on this fun about to be new TN. The comments here had me rolling around on the office floor. Willa is aghast. I love Salinas no matter how old he gets and he does look healthy and fit. I didn't see much of Mariachi's Daughter, wasn't that DG? Can't remember her name from the page before... Anyway, thanks for the Campyness alert from Elvira and all the fun people posting on this and perhaps recapping.

I love Arturo Peniche, did not know that he had kids (Brandon and Kiabet) who were also actors, what a talented family.

Lastly, I enjoy Pablo Montero so much but please, please don't let him sing Ave Maria this time...
 

Believe it or not, Pablo will be 39 this year. He just has a youthful look because of his features and beautiful, thick hair.

And if 40 is the new 30, all these actors are in a good place.
 

Jorge Salinas's singing is dubbed. And sometimes with different voices in one episode.
If you decided to watch it, you should forget about your mind. Because you can loose it. It is not novela, it is crazy-house for sure.
Alegria
 

I'm kinda sad that so many people are having such a negative reaction to this telenovela and it's not even on the air yet *gasp*
 

Ellie- Even if we snark about the quality of the tn, it will not take away from the quality and the enjoyment of the recaps. Nor will it take away from the richness and quantity of comments. In fact, I guarantee that you will have a large a lively group of commenters, due to the big stars in this tn and the fact that Mejia always sparks controversy and generates comments.
 

Alegria! So nice to see you here! :D

LOL, I don't doubt that QBA might be a bit of a madhouse at times. But you say that like it's a bad thing!

I only watched maybe 15 or so episodes. At the tail end of my viewing (before I decided to wait for it on Univision) I decided, "I'm just gonna go with it!" and then I really started to love it. I think it'll make for some great recaps and lots of snark.

I have two words I want everyone to remember when they start watching this show:

HOLLYWOOD
SIGN

I don't know, maybe some of you won't get it, but if you're from S. California or have visited Hollywood, just keep your eyes peeled for the Hollywood Sign in this novela. I laughed. Maybe it's just me, but I laughed. They are SHAMELESS in this novela! LOL. But maybe that's just me.

It's got a great cast and Jorge Salinas is fabulous, so I'm going to enjoy going along for the ride!

Vivi, thanks, I'm going to pimp my screencaps for this novela and hope one of the recappers will take me up on my offer. Or I might just do a mini-screencap recap on my own blog and link to it from Caray. But I do want to do some screencaps for this show! :D
 

I don't know if I'm going to watch this or not. With Jorge Salinas and Danna Garcia in parts written for actors 15 years their junior, I really don't know if they can handle the roles. The plot IS great though.
 

It was not bad in the beginning. While they were using original plot it wasn't bad. But now... They are so far from the original novela and so far from the everything.
It's awful now, but still it is funny to comment.
Alegria
 

I'm back for this one. love Arturo Peniche, he never fails to be interesting. I'll have to see timewishe how it fits with La Patrona which has been fun too.
 

Madelaine Brandon Peniche is Artuto Peniche's son and yes he was in un refugio para el amor como patricio torreslanda
 

I watch it and I love it really interesting there are videos of this show on youtube check them out and the villian juliano ends out killing bruno which is one of the villian and juliano also kills arnold which is the other villian and ruben del olmo kills juliano not padrino the drugdealer
 

I think the goal is to use the plot but not the entire thing because the people who watched la hija del mariachi will not want to watch que bonito amor because they know the story
 

Its a good novela it lags something to many cry babies and arguements not enought actions. Music is excellent,colore are pretty 15th birthday party was amazeing.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder