Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Amores Verdaderos #129 Mon 5/13/13 The Damme's blindfold comes off, and she transforms from quiet kitten to raging lioness in 0 to 60(Thanks Diana!), The young Damme's blindfold comes off and she wants to turn back time

Recap in progress... oh boy what an episode!!

Refritis:

2nd half of confrontation at base of stairs… KenDrat is desperate crying asking Nil-Brains to tell the truth, that her baby girl is his. Angel grabs Nil-Brains to try to shake the truth out of him. Dances steps in the middle and separates them, tells Angel ‘Don’t compromise yourself!’ KenDrat insists to Nil-Brains that she could not keep quiet about having his child.

Lo Nuevo:

Nil-Brains has the nerve to try to ‘swear’ to Vicky that… Vicky won’t even let him speak. ‘Don’t say any more please!! How could you deceive us like this?? How could you do this to your daughter?? Deceive me??!! [which one?? Lol] Both of you make me sick! What shame!! Now you will have to explain this all to Nikki!! Because I couldn’t!! How??... How could I explain so much filth!! SO much betrayal!! And of course, I don’t have to ask of you… no, DEMAND of you that both of you leave this house!! GET OUTA DODGE!!! ‘ (I have to give it to Vicky, she stood up strong despite such a terrible moment she was living)

Vicky runs out to bedrooms, Nil-Brains follows her shouting requests for her to listen to him, while Angel has a facial expression like he is sick to his stomach and Dances just stands back there and KenDrat continues to cry.

Nil-Brains turns his anger at KenDrat ‘Pick up your things and get out of this house right now!! Dissappear!! I will never marry you!! I want nothing to do with you ever again!! You broke my marriage!!’ KenDrat shouts several times ‘it was already sunk!!’ and runs out crying.

Nil-Brains walks away to door and Dances and Angel are far enough that Dances asks Angel quietly if this was what he wanted. Angel says no, this is not what I wanted. I just did not want to keep this secret on Miss Vicky any longer.

Nil-Brains walks back and turns to Angel this time trying to put the blame on Angel, but Angel won’t have any of it, saying the only one to blame is Nil-Brains for not being faithful to his wife. Nil-Brains swings his arm but Dances steps in the middle again and separates them. Nil-Brains says it is not worth it to get his hands filthy (more than he has them now? Angel just looks at them like saying DITTO!!) Asks Dances to get KenDrat and her things out of this house yesterday.

Before he heads upstairs, and showing we should still give him some hairline hope for surviving the end, Dances asks Angel ‘are we alright?’ (as in ‘are you ok?’)

Nil-Brains is not done, turns around again and tells Angel that he doesn’t know how much it will cost him for what he did. Angel responds ‘I only do what is my duty, to protect Miss Vicky.’ Nil-Brains sarcastically says ‘so she will protect you. Nice trade. But it won’t be a good deal for you, I will see to that.’ (Angel just gives him a ‘you trash, I wish I could put my hands on you’ stare)

Vicky alone in her study is crying ‘I have been such a fool.. All this time… How could they have played with me in my face, in my own home!! What kind of people do I have living here? So long laughing in my face?... I feel so sick about you Nil-Brains and you KenDrat… How could you say that the baby you expect was from a rape??... How little are you both worth… you are both snakes of the same pit…’
Dances arrives at KenDrat’s room
D: your performance is over, little fox. How a stupid way to trash out your own plan. (She is emptying closet and throwing in suitcase, he is emptying her dresser drawers and throwing in same suitcase, how big is this thing?)
K: (not feeling beaten yet) I could not stand this farse anymore. That is why I decided to tell all. But Nil-Brains will have to chose between the boring one and me.
D: Land that plane already, KenDrat. With your tantrum you have lost track of what you say. The boss already chose. He told you clearly that he won’t marry you.
K: Ay, AY! Leave my clothes alone already! What did you think, that I am already defeated, imbecil?? Do you really think I already lost? LEAVE MY THINGS ALONE!! You think I already lost and that I will just go away like a tamed little lamb? You are crazy. I won’t stay still until I reach my objective! (by now Dances is smiling, giggling and keeps annoying her throwing her things to her)
D: For now you will have to get outahere.
K: Stop messing with my things!... don’t touch me. (he has grabbed her by arms)
D: I will follow the boss’ order. And right now I will take you to your apartment.
K: You don’t touch anything of mine… I am not defeated, and less sunk, imbecil. This won’t stay like this. Of course not. Nil-Brains will know who I am. I won’t forgive his humiliation.
D: Easy, little snake. You ran out of venom.
K: He won’t free himself from me so easily. I will show him the reach of KenDrat Ferreti.

At Vicky’s room, Angel knocks and asks to come in.

V: Why did you keep it from me all this time? About Nil-Brains and KenDrat? Why didn’t you think of me? Of my dignity? Of what I was going through? of my feelings? Why did you do it, Arriaga, why??

A: (had been trying to talk but she would not let him) Forgive me, ma’am! Really! I wanted to avoid you this pain, look how you got. I had no proof. Mr Brizz would have denied it all, just like he did now. I did not want you to suffer.

V: And how do you think I feel now?? It would have been better to know the truth earlier before letting those two laugh in my face for so long. Arriaga, I was playing the role of the idiot!! Yes, the idiot!!

A: Don’t say that. Listen to me. If you want, blame it on me, because I could not protect you from the stab in the back from your husband!

V: If you had only told me about it.

A: But I did not know how to handle the situation!

V: I told you about my marriage problems. I told you and cried on your shoulder when I found him with the redhead!!

A: How would I know?? I swear, try to understand me!

V: Arriaga, how many more things are you keeping from me?? How many more things have you kept quiet?

A: Don’t tell me that, really. You think I kept quiet to hurt you? I was the one that confronted KenDrat and your husband!! It was them who had to tell you the truth, not me!! It was their duty!!

V: None of what you are telling me justifies your silence! A truth so cruel is better to learn it sooner rather than later!

A: All I can say is that i… I did not want to see you like this… Really! I swear for what I love most which is my daughter. I wanted to do better by you, but it all went awol on me.

V: I will never forgive your silence, Arriaga.

A: I can understand you at this moment, Miss. You must be very angry. But I swear to you I did not mean you any harm.

V: I am very sad and disappointed in you!

A: I am disappointed in you too, Ma’am! Because you assure I did this. That I kept quiet because I was disloyal! And that I can’t take!!

V: Now it turns out the disappointed one is you. But Arriaga, it is the second time you keep important information from me. The first time was the story about my father’s other daughter! And now this!! What shame!! Can you imagine everyone finding out I am a cornuda?? (a fooled wife) And you, why didn’t you say even one word to me? Why?? Tell me, how long have you known about KenDrat and Nil-Brains?? Tell me! (he keeps quiet, smirks) See? You lacked the courage. Don’t disappoint me Arriaga. I thought you were different. (knocks on door) Come in.. you can go (to Angel).

KenDrat and Dances are coming down stairs… She is still angry throwing her things down the stairs…
D: What a rotten humor!! Miss KenDrat, he who gets angry loses.
K: The last word is not said yet. Lets go. Lets get out of this sink hole.

At Vicky’s room, it was Guzmancito at door. He comes in and is worried that Vicky is upset about something happening to Nikki. When Vicky says no, on the contrary, she can’t imagine how much Nikki will suffer when she learns her best friend… (she cuts herself off right in middle of that and asks why he is there…) Guzman says he has no one to take care of so he wants to quit. Vicky tells him not to leave until he finds another job. He thanks her and leaves. She cries alone totally broken up.

Downstairs, Angel tells Guzmancito that maybe he should quit and leave already too. That Vicky is so disappointed in him not telling her about KenDrat and Nil-Brains. Guzmancito gives him a pat in back for support.

Outside Guzmancito runs into Lilli, tells her about his quitting. She guesses right that if he leaves it is for Nikki. It shows you love her. Will miss you. Guzmancito tells her that his quitting does not mean they can’t see each other again. Lilli says ‘they say one nail takes out another nail. Maybe to forget Nikki you need another girl’. Guzmancito says he is not ready for that, he first has to take her out of his heart, and tame the pain of knowing she belongs to another and is far away. Lilli says she is angry that the ‘nina fresa’ only played with him. That is not fair. (no se vale)

At hotel, RoyFoyToy is rude to Nikki telling her she should go down to the pool. That she can call Room service to eat a boatload and then throw it up. She is not welcoming his irony. He has a hard tournament game today.

R: Surely you are thinking of your bodyguard and how he made love to you. I really don’t get what you saw in that lowly employee. Nikki reminds RoyFoyToy he had agreed they would have a truce. He says yeah I said that, but I remember what you did to me and I get angry!

Outside the B house, Dances and KenDrat are still there, she is frantically texting someone. Dances questions her intent at texting the boss, urges her to give it up, show some dignity for first time in her life, and get going. She insists she won’t go without talking to Nil-Brains first. Out comes said Nil-Brains, questioning why they are still there. She questions back how he stays at that house after what happened. He replies he knows what he is doing. She whines that he is leaving her all alone. He says you asked for it by spilling the beans. She says he put her on the spot to tell the truth about her bun in oven. He calls her on her idea that if Vicky kicked him out of the house and divorced him, he would marry her. IT didn’t work. I won’t marry you or divorce her!! KenDrat yells at him go ahead and beg the ‘fatso’ wife of yours! Out comes Vicky, also questioning why they are still there.



Angel tells Dances that Vicky no longer trusts him, so he will quit. Dances urges him not to, remember KenDrat is very dangerous, don’t leave the boss all alone now. Angel asks how come he is so sure of that. Dances comes out with it and says once he and KenDrat were lovers. Dances continues on to say Vicky now knows what kind of snake Kendrat is, and that KenDrat will try to get revenge somehow. Dances reminds Angel that the one time he left Vicky alone she got hurt and almost died. Angel asks if KenDrat was responsible for that. Dances does not answer clearly but repeats to Angel that if Vicky has made it through several times it was because she had Angel with her, that he needs to keep protecting her from harm.

Outside, Vicky says the obvious, that KenDrat’s contract with MetaImagen is over. KenDrat says see how I care about that. Vicky says of course that women of your kind could care less about DECENT jobs!! KenDrat says she will have many job offers anyday. Vicky is not done. Says of course it is easier for you to tangle up married men and lay on your back so the next victim falls. (out comes Adri saying the shouts could be heard at her room, asks what is going on, and Vicky puts her up to speed) Nil-Brains keeps saying it’s a misunderstanding and Vicky shouts that this misunderstanding will have his rotten genes… (there it is, wasn’t Nil-Brains speaking about their ‘royalty’ genes should not be mixed with lowly employee ones? ) Once Adri is up to speed, she clearly sides with Vicky, and provides her body as shield for Vicky) KenDrat shouts that Vicky is a filthy old hag as a reply. (Adri is clearly enjoying this debacle and decides to join in. KenDrat says Vicky envies her youth and beauty. Adri gets on KenDrat’s face and Nil-Brains gets busy pushing Adri away. So when KenDrat repeats her shout that Vicky envies her youth and beauty, Vicky gives her a slap fest worthy of a sidebar video clip. Adri holds Vicky while Nil-Brains now holds KenDrat, while they keep shouting to each other ‘vieja acomplejada’ and ‘golfa!’…KenDrat says that Vicky despises her but feels inferior as a woman. Adri has heard enough and shouts she won’t allow KenDrat to say that of her sister in MY house! Insults and curses keep going back and forth as Adri and Vicky walk up steps to get back in house and Nil-Brains shouts to Vicky that he has not said the last word yet… Vicky won’t have any, she has nothing to talk to him about anymore. As the other women are gone, KenDrat insults Nil-Brains for not defending her and letting Vicky hit her. Nil-Brains just yells at Dances to take her out ahere. Dances cannot waste the moment and tells KenDrat that it seems bees stung her on her cheeks. She is in no mode for jokes…

At an airport, Anyballs is calling Robles to urge him to find ‘that person’ for him.

At Felipe’s place, Guzmancito asks him permission to stay there now that he quit. Felipe is fine with it but suggests he ask instead to be transferred to security at MetaImagen offices. Guzmancito says it is better he put distance from all the B’s. Paula comes out, she says she knows why he is quitting. Guzmancito is not happy to see her there, calls her Paula. He guesses Bea told them. He tells them Vicky was in approval of his relationship with Nikki. Paula advises him to keep fighting for Nikki. Don’t let her go. Guz asks Felipe why didn’t he say she was here. Felipe says they have been handing out flyers about lost Guillo and they just came up to get more. Paula takes her exit, will wait for Felipe downstairs. Felipe asks Guz if Nikki does love him. Guz says of course, the issue is a friend of hers filled her head with lies about him. And Nikki married another guy on impulse. But she called him from Miami saying she regretted getting married. She repeated that she loves him and can’t forget him, and he believes her. (with such a hopeful face it hurts to watch)

At hotel, seems Nikki is getting ready to go down to pool, as RoyFoy suggested. But first she grabs phone, and seems to hesitate to call someone (Guz?)




At B house, Polita and Lilli talk about there not being anything they can do to help get Nikki out of Guz’s heart. He won’t be able to forget Nikki if he stays here. Polita says they have to make it so he will be disenchanted with Nikki. Lilli says she tried to tell him but that he said he was not ready to go out with another woman.



Back at Miami, RoyFoyToy is playing his tennis match. Nikki is nowhere around, only Omar. (would someone teach this guy how to swing a tennis raquet?? No way he can win that way)



At KenDrat’s apt, she is having a tantrum trashing her place, Dances laughs at her. Says now that she lost her job she has no choice but to live on the monthly allowance her baby’s daddy will give her to buy diapers and bottles. She keeps swearing she is not sunk yet. Dances asks if she will now go asking Odiosa for a job. KenDrat says no, but have a secret that can get me lots of money, and that old witch will have to pay dearly for her silence. Dances thinks ‘if you only knew that woman now knows of your real filthy background’

KenDrat sends Dances away by throwing pillows and glass vases his way. He leaves. She is desperate, remembering Vicky’s slap fest… ‘you hit me Victoria, I will never forget you for that. I will hit you where it hurts most’. (phone rings)

Nikki: Hi KenDris, whats up, its Nikki.

K: what did you call me for?? I am fed up with your family, with you, with your constant whinning about your impossible love with Guzman!! All you have to understand is that you are as stupid as your cellulite-full mother!!

(Nikki is totally taken aback, asks if she is serious)

K: Of course, of course Guzman loves you for real, your bodyguard, but I filled him with mudd so you would be disappointed with him!! You are so naïve and dumb that you never noticed that the internet page was my own creation, Nikki!! Mine!! (Nikki is still in disbelief, asks if she is on drugs) Listen to me good, I took care to separate you from the gatete. He was so romantic. He even told your mother that he loved you, that he was real serious [about his intentions] with you!!

N: KenDrat, why are you making up all this?? I don’t get why you are talking to me like this?!!

K: I am not making up anything. There is no need to make up anything!!! I am only opening your eyes now!!

N: Shut up, darn ditch B___!!

K: You married another because I … I… I… felt like it!! I screwed your life, Nikki!! You are so stupid I screwed your life!! (Nikki is in disbelief)





At her place, KenDrat throws her cell phone. Talks to her baby… ‘I am tired. I am tired of everyone stepping over me. I am tired, daughter. Only you, you are my little angel, because I have to defend what is mine at any price. You know it, dear daughter. You know it. (cries hard)



Vicky tells Tomasina that she is very disillusioned with Arriaga. He did not tell her the truth. Tomasina says she understands him, tried to avoid her a big blow. Adri is also backing up Arriaga’s actions. He has always looked after her integrity. He chose discretion before telling her a truth that he had no evidence to back up. Vicky keeps saying he is not justified. She feels betrayed by both Nil-Brains and him. Adri keeps defending Arriaga’s discretion and character. ‘He did not undermine Nil-Brains to gain points on his side’. Tomasina reminds her Arriaga is a water tiger, who would never use the situation to conquer her. Adri adds that Arriaga would conquer her on his own merits/virtues. Vicky insists she will try to forget Arriaga. Adri tries to make her be honest. If Arriaga leaves, she will be totally heartbroken.

Vicky denies. Adri says she understands Vicky is very hurt, but she can’t throw away the love she feels for him. Tomasina asks if Arriaga came in and asked her to go away from everything, what would you do? Vicky does not want to think about that. Have to worry about her daughter. She assumes Nikki is having a great time. Knock on door. Its Arriaga.

Arriaga comes in, Vicky says she did not call for him, he says yeah but have to talk to you. Adri and Tomasina take their leave.

V: I will tell you that while I calm down from this tantrum about you, I will send you away on two weeks vacation, all expenses paid, anywhere you want!

A: Paid vacations?? HAHA!! How it shows that you love to spend your money!! But I will save you some!! Because I will stay here taking care of you! That is what you pay me for, right?? To take care of you! That is all I had to tell you! Excuse me!!

(he leaves and she smiles widely, first time in whole episode she was able to smile like this)



At hotel, Nikki is at balcony (Oh-oh, no splatting please!) questioning why KenDrat lied to her so much and that Frankie always spoke with the truth and she did not believe him. She lost him for good.



Roy wins his tournament match. And is bombarded by a blond girl in shorts who evaded the security staff and a whole lotta press.



At poolside (phew! good thing she chose the stairs/elevator to come down), Nikki is talking to herself

N: Kendrat, how much have your lies hurt me. Frankie loved me and I did not believe him. (she seems to make up her mind after a moment) I am going to talk to Roy and end this farse of a marriage and I will return to Mex today to recover Frankie, my true love. 

Frankie is at the security office at the mall, insists in them letting him look at all the videos, he is sure he can confirm that the lead guy behind this robbery is Leonardo Solis, the man my sister is divorcing. The security says he is welcome to the videos, to confirm his suspicions. He says it is more than suspicions.



At MetaImagen offices, Bea tells Gilda that all she needs now to be happy is to have her son back. Gilda tells her that her lawyer stopped by and said the divorce is almost imminent since Leo ignored all 3 summons from the court. All she needs to do is take a ‘non-pregnancy’ test. Bea asks what is that for. (oh oh from her face we know she is indeed pregnant of Leo’s). Gilda says that if she were pregnant now, they would need to adjust the child support payments from Leonardo. Nil-Brains summons Gilda rudely to his office. Dances comes by to bring her coffee. Bea tells him about the ‘no –pregnancy’ test. Dances asks why are you worried about that? Just do it and show that it is negative. Bea is teary-eyed but manages to say yeah sure.



At the edge of the pool, Nikki continues to train herself to realize and admit that the one she loves and the one she wants to be the father of her ‘guzmancitos’ is Frankie. She smiles decided.



Previews: Nikki finds RoyFoyToy in bed with the blond girl from the tennis court. Nikki calls Vicky and tells her about Kendrat’s prank to split her from Guzmancito. Vicky goes (with Angel) to see KenDrat to tell her not to mess with Nikki, or she will rip her eyes out with her own nails. There is another confrontation, as if they were tied by one hand in cuffs, they are sort of slapping and arm-wrestling while standing on their feet.






Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Marta! Cannot wait for the recap...

I did not get to watch the first few minutes and was so afraid I missed the slapfest. I'm glad I didn't - it was a sight to behold and I loved Vicky's transformation from quiet kitten to raging lioness in 0 to 60!

I did not understand what Kendra said to Nikki on the phone so can't wait to hear what that conversation was. From your clever title, it looks like the satanic snake Kendra spewed a tirade of venomous vengeful words.

While Salsero and JA were sitting inside on the steps having a heart to heart (with a major revelation from Salsero), Nelson was not faring as well outside. Scrawny Nelson was outmatched by either Kendra or Vicky physically and when Adriana joined the fray that was it. A delicious moment. I thought Vicky held her own while Kendra did her best Linda Blair imitation - I expected her to levitate any moment!

Again, can't wait to read the recap.

Diana
 

Looking forward to the recap.

I felt like last night's wailing and smacking were all diversionary tactics for other, bigger stuff.

Salserso drops the little thought-bomb about the envelope he left for Odette (which she destroyed in a fit of pique.)

Gilda off-handedly remarks that Bea has to submit to a "not pregnant" test (funny Spanish wording.)

To me, those were the bombshells with the larger plot repercussions.


 

Marta: Excellent Part 1. Your conversation translations were so very helpful. Thanks so much. "hairline hope" and "Nil-Brains says it is not worth it to get his hands filthy (more than he has them now?" were among my favorite lines.

While I understand why JA remained silent, Vicky was crushed. This isn't the first time he has kept things from her. Professional to a fault, she has trusted and confided in him, not to mention admitting to loving him. I can't blame her for lashing out at him.

It was fun watching Salsero flinging Kendra's clothes into the suitcase (or on the floor)...whatev. So nice seeing Kendra beaten down, even though we know she will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes, her wrath uncontained.

Sara, I had no recollection when Salsero left the envelope for Odette or what it contained. Thanks for mentioning that.

I will comment more on Bea's plight once we have the rest of your summary Marta.

Diana
 

Marta- I have been enjoying the bit by bit recap you have been putting together for us.

Last night was indeed a very exciting episode. I got home just in time to see it and was glued to my tv. But once again, as with the wedding episode, I was cursing the writers for ruining my enjoyment of the Balvanera circus by once again raining down anvils on poor Bea. Her divorce hinges on a pregnancy test! Damn you writers!!!!

Kendra should melt down more often. She spends 128 episodes lying through her teeth, but has an explosion of truth-telling in one episode. Can't imagine how she will salvage this situation.

I hope Odette glues the contents of the envelope back together. If Kendra is planning on blackmailing Odette by threatening to out Estefano, that doesn't seem like a great plan, since Stevie seems quite ready to out himself.


 

Vivi and Diana, I too was upset that they broke our enjoyment of the lioness coming out with more anvils for Bea... a 'non-pregnancy' test... poor Bea... I really hope Frankie finds the evidence on the tapes from the driveways to see Leo in car waiting for the other guy...
poor Nikki... must be feeling really nauseous now that she realizes the fool was her in more ways than she can count. (regarding both Roy and KenDrat).
 

Marta:

Good Morning to you and a fab recap you have done so early in the morning!

I loved the slap fest! I have been waiting for poor Ms Vikki to get a good slap in on Kendho. It's about time! I liked Adri here too defending her Sis. And FF is quite puny isn't he, lol. I really couldn't stand Kendho calling Ms Vikki, La Gorda again, but like what Ms Vikki said about Kendho on her back.

Loved how Salsa Dude threw all of Kendho's stuff around that room and the convo he had with Kendho too about this was her fault for outing herself. Too funny. This is my own thought on Salsa Dude, but I think that report FF asked him to get on Kendho awhile back was what he sent to Odio instead. The criminal background check. Too bad Odio ripped it up. But then again the Odio likes the criminal element. If thinks she can out Estefano, it will have to be publically cause Odio already knows now. That would be a form of cheap blackmail from Kendho.

I really like that Nikki knows the truth about Kendho now. Finally, but don't like the way Kendho was rubbing it in. I'll save that one for later.

I'm glad Ms Vikki had that rant on the Angel to get all her frustration out on not knowing about FF and Kendho. At least she knows he has integrity and isn't a gossip, even though he feels really bad about it and has for a long time. I think she'll come around.

At least we got to see the Roy Boy at a tennis tournament we have only seen him practice. I am glad the writers threw that in there.
 

I agree with Vivi about Odette should take the envelope back and laugh hard at KenDrat when she threatens to expose Stevie... Stevie and JM are more than ready to face up to anyone.
 

Vivi:

About the lawyer wanting a pregnancy test from Betty. It is for support only and not the divorce itself. Since ole numbnuts couldn't be found to receive the papers the divorce is still automatic. I think with numbnuts history of abusing Betty and what he did to set her up for that robbery, and we just know Frankie is going to get the goods on numbnuts, Betty shouldn't have a problem getting the divorce. What shocked Betty is that she hasn't been feeling well and what does she tell everybody, especially Santino, if that pregnancy test comes back positive.
 

Marta:

Excellent second part of your recap.

I knew Ms Vikki would forgive the Angel. It was so funny when Tomi and Adri all asked to be excused to the Angel and not to Ms Vikki. I was laughing at that. I also loved the way the Angel turned down Ms Vikki about her demand for him to take vacation. I love how he is so firm with her, lol.

Ay yi yi, poor Nikki! I am glad she really knows the truth now and how she wants little guzmancitos. I too hope she is able to end this farce of a marriage and hopefully, maybe seeing Roy Boy with this "fan" will help her do it. Then again we are still seeing a pithed off Roy, so we will have to wait and see.
 

Oh good. I'm glad to know the divorce won't be delayed by her pregnancy. But poor Bea!! The whole situation just stinks.

Is it bad that I don't want Guzman to welcome Nikki back with open arms when she comes back? I just don't think it should be that easy for her, when she showed not one shred of trust in him, and yet kept playing with his feelings for her. I want her to work for his love this time around.
 

Whew! Thanks for clarifying the "not pregnant" test, Mads.
 

Vivi:

You aren't the only one about Frankie welcoming back Nikki. Now she needs to earn his love. He shouldn't just give in. That wouldn't be right after what she put him through. I completely agree!

Sure she has suffered, but she has also made him suffer and broken his heart. I wonder is she realizes that.
 

Marta - Terrific recap. Thanks for all the details and dialogue.

So glad it didn't take últimas semanas for Vickie and Nikki to learn the truth about Kendra.

Loved Salsero sticking it to Kendra. "Land that plane already, KenDrat." [thanks, Marta]

Polita and Jean Marie must’ve been peeking around the corner because I can’t believe they missed the Vickie-KendaHo showdown.

Betty, borrow a sample from someone else for that pregnancy test. No way can leo the low find out he's got a baby on the way with you. If Santino knew the truth, I'm sure he'd claim the baby as his own to protect you.
 

OK, I am about to get cussed out again, but I've been cussed out for less in this community. ;-)

Vicky found out that Kendra is Nelson's lover and became a raging lunatic (we all know that I have a flair for exaggeration, so please keep your comments to yourself about that discription). Vicky is outside cussing out a pregnant chick and after VERBALLY provoked, knocks the taste out of a PREGNANT chicks mouth.

This question is to my debating buddy Mads, but anyone can and anyone probably will answer me. When Roy was in a rage at Nikki and ATTEMPTED to grab her for VERBALLY provoking him, we were mad at Roy and denounced the violence. Why are we not denouncing Victoria's anger. She was saying some pretty rude things to Kendra...she talked about Kendra lying on her back (it was on the television...those are not my vulgar word ;-)) and then she actually struck a pregnant chick TWICE. Mads? Why is there a difference?
 

Marta, thank you for taking your time to recap this for us.
 

Before anyone gets too mad at me. I think Vicky's reaction is normal. I'm just asking why we are mad at Roy for wanting to slap helpless Nikki for provoking him and were not mad at Vicky for actually striking and verbally abusing a PREGNANT chick.
 

Great recap, Marta. The double slap gets a 10 from the Texas judge, even though I cringed a bit... don't forget, Kendra may or may not be pregnant.

I was hoping that Santino might come across Kendra's jewelry stash as he helped her pack. I'm looking forward to seeing her wear some of those garments he was tossing around.

Roy and the blond? Yawn... tit for tat.

Though the slap was the highlight of the evening, I got a smile watching Vikki primp before allowing Arriaga enter. I think all is well between the two of them already.

Carlos


 

Oh Marta , thanks for the recap. The "land that plane" line flew right by me (pardon the pun.) I am going to go home and watch my recording and listen again. I was half asleep last night. Your details are much appreciated.

Niecie- I wish Bea would come clean too. I just know Salsero would claim the child. Unfortunately I think she missed her chance. Salsero asked her right after the kidnapping if Leo had done anything and she said no. Why, Bea?? Why???
 

Cynderella,

Kendho is a completely different kettle of fish here. We all know, although Ms Vikki doesn't, that Kendho has tried to kidnap/kill Ms Vikki and for that matter Nikki too, since the beginning. Also Kendho was "supposed" to be Nikki's "BFF" and in here lies the difference. Should Ms Vikki have been slapping a "pregnant" woman, maybe not so much, BUT Kendho was giving as much as she was getting and calling Ms Vikki, La Gorda (the fat one) and telling her she was just jealous over her "beauty and finess" so to speak. Ugh. Ms Vikki has ten times the beauty of the Kendho, beauty is only skin deep in my opinion, and to insult the wife in the wronged wife's house is way below the limit of good taste. In my opinion Kendho got exactly what she deserved. I rest my case!
 

Thanks, Marta. Swell job!

My favorite thing last night -- the visible marks on Kendra's cheeks after Miss Vikki's slapfest. Best make-up job ever!

I liked Vikki's little pre-Arriaga primp too, Carlos. And her post-Arriaga grin!

If Kendra's "Mía" survived being bodyslammed all over the junkyard, then Mamma Mia has a steel-reinforced womb. I'm not worried about her withstanding a few well-earned cachetadas.
 

To use Carlos' words: we are the snails.

I think that might be a double standard. Roy can't be angry and want to hit Nikki, but Vicky can hit a pregant chick (and judging by the avances, she punches Kendra again)and we all applaud her. Everyone denounced Roy's attempted violence, but Vicky gets a pat on the back. Both were provoked into a rage. Both discovered were betrayed by their spouses. Both knew that they are in a loveless marraige.

Trust me, I am on Vicky's side. I would have beat Kendra down in the foyer, the fight wouldn't have made it to the driveway.
 

Cynderella- I’ll give you two reasons why I was perfectly ok with Vicky slapping Kendra around (and I enjoy when she slaps Nelson around too; I think her hand was too tired do it this time), and am NOT ok with Roy slapping Nikki around.

1) Gender Double Standard: Yep. I am perfectly fine with a woman slapping a woman; a woman slapping a man; and a man slapping a man; but I am not ok with a man slapping a woman. Truth be told, I would rather no one slap or hit anyone at all, but if it’s going to happen, I am perfectly ok with the double standard. I never liked those scenes when Salsero roughed up Kendra.

2) Level of Insult: I think the level of insult Kendra inflicted on Vicky is far greater (and deserved greater reaction) than the level of insult Nikki inflicted on Roy. Only three people know what happened that night in the stables—Roy, Nikki and Guzman. (Roy blabbed to Omar, but that’s his problem.) And those three people have known that Nikki lusts for and loves Guzman for WEEKS now. Not really a surprise to find them together-- no one was really trying to fool anyone else. Vicky, on the other hand, was totally blind sighted to learn in one fell swoop that the woman she hired and took under her wing-- who professes to be her daughter’s best friend and sacrificed her body for her; who she took into her home to care for-- has been boinking her husband, probably in her own house, is pregnant by her husband, and that a bunch of people knew about it. And considering the baby on the way, and Kendra’s insistence that she and Nelson will get married, soon EVERYBODY’s going to know about it and know what a fool Kendra and Nelson made of her. Plus, the ho had the nerve to be smug about it and insult her to her face. At least Nikki was shamefaced and apologetic when Roy caught her with Guzman.

 

Marta, Part 2 was magnificent. Oh my, what a fierce display (and the show was as well ;). It was obvious you took great care with this and evident you also put thought into every word. Again, translating the conversations is so very appreciated!

I'm confused as to why Kendra confessed to Nikki. With so many of her secrets exposed, she exacerbated the wound by telling Nikki she played her like a beautiful fiddle. Marriages can be ended as well as begun. Why play her hand now when she could have compounded Nikki's misery indefinitely.

Bea. I am praying that she is not pregnant - how much more can she bear?

More slapping tonight! Woo hoo! Of course, you should never slap a pregnant woman but this IS a TN and it is Kendra! Not exactly a delicate flower as her hanging on Nelson's back like a howler monkey showed last night.

Diana
 

Cynderella,

I truly get what you are saying, but do we think Roy would have stopped at just a slap? I agree with Vivi, no man should ever hit a woman, period. I also wasn't the fan of Salsa Dude hitting Kendho either. Even FF grabbed Kendho like he was going to slap her until the Angel stepped in to stop him.

Diana:

Kendho told Nikki the truth as revenge. She is trying to inflict as much pain on Ms Vikki and Nikki right now cause Kendho didn't get what she wanted, as in FF. So she wants to make the Balvanera women hell for as long as she can.
 

Vivi, I like that you just straight up admit that you are biased. That is awesome! Once again, I will say that I am in total agreement with Kendra getting a beat down; however, I do believe that Roy deserves the same courtesy. I AM HAPPY THAT HE DID NOT HIT NIKKI AND WOULD HAVE THOUGHT LESS OF HIM HAD HE GOT TO HER. However, I say that the rage Roy feels is comparable to Vicky's.

I THINK and someone will probably correct me, that prior to the ceremonies Roy told Omar that he would never see Lilly again after the marraige. Roy was flirting with Lilly prior to the marriage, but Nikki was also flirting with Roy prior to the ceremonies. Although he was marrying for cash, Roy was prepared to give up Lilly forever and ever. Roy was not expecting to see the lying (she lied about her living arrangements and status) at the wedding. I THINK that Roy only told her how he felt about and why he decieved her because he didn't want her to hate him. Why am a rambling. I THINK Roy was prepared to give up what he loved for the sake of his family. In my opinion, although he knew that Nikki wasn't into him, I don't think that he thought that she would be having sex in the barn on their wedding night. So, Roy's anger and hurt is justified. I don't think it's fair to villianize him for his grumpiness, yet praise Victoria for hers.

Again, I don't want Nikki and Roy together. I also didn't want Roy to hit Nikki. I also think that it's normal for Victoria to want to punch Kendra. I want to punch her and I am not even in the TN. I'm just saying that I can't see why both are not justified. OK. I am off of my soap box. :-)
 

I meant to say that Roy confessed his feelings and crimes to Lilly only because he didn't want Lilly to hate him forever.
 

What an episode. Martaivett, thank you for the blow-by-blow description (literally) and the accompanying dialog. Things were happening at such a high pitch that a lot of it went right by me.

About Bea's possible (now it's probable) pregnancy interfering with the divorce proceedings. It's back to Sortilegio again. When MJ wanted a divorce and flee back to her town, Alex said he needed to make sure she wasn't already pregnant with *his* child. If she was pregnant, it would delay the divorce. He never explained, or I just don't remember. I'm sure that it also has something to do with paternity and custody.

If she is pregnant, I guess she's going to be sorry that she didn't bring rape charges against El Bajo when she had the chance. OTOH, do we know how Mexican justice treats spousal abuse and rape?

With El Bajo, if he is charged, convicted and jailed, it still does not eliminate paternity rights--he can waive them voluntarily, though.

Can Bea still get a divorce if he's in jail? Is it still true that if someone is mentally ill and hospitalized you can't divorce that person?

He just needs to be caught and removed from the scene--anywhich way that works.

Poor Nikki. She gets her courage up, but Roy still has some power over her. I'm hoping she can make that call to her mom and it's not Tatito or FF that takes the call. I wonder if the men would give her different advice.

It would be in Anyball's character to jump on a plane and come give Roy a disciplinary talking to. Boy, won't he be surprised if he finds out that El Royero & NetaNikki both cheated on each other and the honeymoon ain't even over yet! I wonder if Tatito would give more credence to a Royero-denial/accusation or a princesa-denial/accusation.

Loved that secret smile of Vikki's when Arriaga laid down the law that he was staying, whether she liked it or not!

 

Carlos- Vickie's primping was very cute. A drop of sweetness for a bitter episode.

Anita-The men would definitely give Nikki craptastic advice. I hope this sham of a marriage does not drag into the ulitmas semanas.
 

Sara:

I love your craptastic comment for the men in Nikki's life. They would the FF and Tatito, would sure give Nikki craptastic advice, lol. I too hope this marriage doesn't drag out forever and ever : )
 

Thanks, Marta! What a whirlwind. Your recap captured the action so well.

I, for one, think KendRat's pregnancy is irrelevant with respect to the slapping. A slap to the face won't hurt the baby. As to the comparison between that slapping and Roy trying to hit Nikki, Kendra was in a mode of attack against Vicky. Nikki was sick, injured, and not trying to provoke Roy. Roy probably would not have stopped at a slap. He has some underlying lack of empathy issues which Vicky does not have, and a hit from him would have hurt much more, besides. I still don't really think Vicky should have gotten physical at all, but it doesn't change my opinion of her character.

Can Bea get the divorce without taking the pregnancy test if she declines child support? Because we know she's unlikely to ever collect a centavo from Lowly anyway, and I'm sure she'd rather just cut ties. Although of course she has to take the test, for drama. I hope it turns out that her unwellness has simply been from stress. That would be the kind of fakeout I like.
 

Marta- You had a really good episode for recap and you did amazing. I really enjoyed it. Thanks you!

Loved seeing Victoria show some cojones and put that Kendra in her place. Loved the slap scene. Go Victoria!!!

OMG, thought Nikki finally finding about Kendra would have never came to be, and even more so didn't think Kendra would tell on herself. Shocked and relieved. Ay Nikki what are you going to do now. Leave Roy please and go to Guzmancito! Hoping!

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

What I enjoyed was Salero shooting baskets with Kendra's lingerie into her suitcases. He is more believable as a basketball player than no muscle tone Roy playing tennis.

What I like about Vikki and Arriaga is that they actually communicate and respect each other even though they have their tiffs.

As for Vikki slapping Kendra - you know Kendra is going to have another hit on Vikki and maybe even Nikki, too. Sometimes you have to draw a line and defend it. At least that is something even Kendra can respect.
 

I loved Salsero's grin and cheekiness when he was helping Kendra pack and leaving her at her place. And yes, he does seem much more athletic than Roy. Those were the slowest-moving balls I have ever seen in professional tennis, and his form wasn't great, either.
 

Vikki had every right to go after that hood rat AKA Kendra, this woman had an affair with her husband, and then had the balls to come in to her HOME! And to top it off she pretends to be Nikkis BFF? Ah heck to the no! I would of had the same reaction Vikki had, and I kinda wanted Adri to go into the house and get her rocks and use them on Kendra. I feel no sympathy for the woman that had Vikki shot, and was responsible for the death of Cris, look at how my heart bleeds for her... NOT!
 

SuperMarta---Thanks for you're EXCELLENT recap. WOW!! What an episode last night. You got a great one and did it justice. What a dark episode, not much to smile about. I guess that we have to get through the dark clouds before we can see the sunshine later on. It looks like another fight on the way tonight.
I thought the same thing when I saw Nikki on the balcony [Oh-oh no splatting please!] I was thinking that Nikki in her moment of sorrow might try to jump.

Looks like Bea is pregnant. I wonder how Dances will react. And speaking of Dances, he had better be careful around KendHo---she is oh so angry and could still implement him as being involved in the kidnapping.

Cynderella---the fight wouldn't have made it to the driveway. LOL

Victoria in Texas---Looks like after tonight [Nikki catches the Boy Toy with another] the marriage will be over very soon. I only can think---what a great catch for sweet Lili. Will he change? I don't
think so.

Marta---Some more great lines. Dances to KendHo--Easy, little snake. You ran out of venom. Nice,
but I don't think so.

Vicky gives her a slap fest worthy of a sidebar video clip. Every novela has a few slaps but yes, last nights slap fest really was worthy of a video clip.
the gringo
 

Actually, what Salsero said to Kendra was, "That plane has landed." This was in response to her rant about "He will have to choose, it's either her or me!" Salsero's response was, "That plane has landed, Kendra (in other words, that decision has been made). He chose her. He just told you he would never marry you!" grin, laugh, grin
 

Gosh as I'm rereading comments and reread mine, all I'm doing is correcting my mistakes in my head. So Sad! I really rushed my short comment. Annoyed!

Gringo- I'm counting on it and hope Nikki gets out of dodge. Even though I don't like Lili, I do hate the idea of her and Roy getting together because obviously he has not changed. I mean if you're so in love with Lili why are you about to have sex with a random female. Eh! Not sitting at the Roy table!

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

Victoria,

"Even though I don't like Lili, I do hate the idea of her and Roy getting together..."

Last night it looked to me that Ratiana is doing a pretty good job of washing that Roy right out of her hair and is setting her sights on doing a little comforting and nail removal for Frankie.

Carlos
 

Mads--I'm glad you liked craptastic. :-)
 

Loved the comments today - while we differ on a few aspects, it appears fairly unanimous that we are quietly (or not so quietly) enjoying Kendra getting a tiny taste of her just desserts.

Carlos: "...Ratiana is doing a pretty good job of washing that Roy right out of her hair and is setting her sights on doing a little comforting and nail removal for Frankie" - too, too funny.

Diana

 

Well Carlos and Diana, I think we got our first glimpse of Ratiana's tiny claws when she started referring to Nikki a few episodes back as "la niña fresa" rather than the oh so respectful "la señorita Nikki". I expect a new round of dirty tricks from the peanut gallery (aka Polita and Lili).

What happens to Odette's gift? Is this another wrapper we never get to unwrap? Is there a Televisa bodega somewhere with gifts we'll never see the inside of?

Does anyone want to place bets on who Aníbal has Robles looking for? The smart money is on nurse Abigail.

Vocab of interest: Kendra says "Vámonos de esta coladera". So I'm thinking "Let's get out of this strainer? this colander? Why? too much spaghetti? Pues, resulta que coladera is slang for "sewer" in Mexico. Who knew?
 

Marta, Thanks for your fabulously well detailed recap! I so appreciate it since I missed seeing the episode last night due to family circling of a high school graduate that I just couldn't over look. Telenovelas go on forever even if your recording equipment is broken, but Kayla's big event won't come this way again.

Anyway, I can't believe I missed such a great capitulo with slap fest and a hundred revelations. Momentous it was!

My vote: Roy has love of Nikki's $$$ only and is acting out of male ego possessiveness while Vicki has been the long suffering Good Wife and professional support to Kendrat while the two of them made a mockery of her kindness and trust. Nils is beneath the dignity of comment. I further think that it was human of Vicki to be mad at her Angel Arriaga when her explosion of wrath was better delivered to the two enemies who really did her wrong. Reports of the primping and the after smile tell me these two will be just fine. Great discussion today.
 

NovelaMaven- Anibal is absolutley looking for that nurse, so that he can send her on the same all-expense paid trip out of Mexico that he provided the doctor. He's spending more time and effort reinforcing his lies than it would take for him to just come clean to Adri and Cande.
 

Slightly off topic of yesterday's epi...

A few days ago, someone made a comment about it being a telenovela first if Jean Marie and Stefi got married.

There was a gay wedding in the very first telenovela I ever watched, Amar Sin Limites. I think. Maybe it was a civil union back then? But regardless, two dudes made it legal and official.
 

Marta - Thank you for the recap! I was multi-tasking and missed the (ahem) finer points of this episode.

Mostly this episode seemed like a white trash slap-fest/smackdown. Gah. Lots of good comments re: should she slap Kendra, etc. and my brain is too fried with other real-world stuff to have an opinion, but I thought all the comments were good ones, no matter what the opinion. :-)
 

Mostly this episode seemed like a white trash slap-fest/smackdown.

THIS!! I had the same thought last night. (I still enjoyed the heck out of it, though.)
 

Kendra arranged to have Vicki killed, and as a result Vicki was shot in the stomach. So, IMO, Vicki can slap Kendra's face as much as she wants when Kendra insults Vicki in her own home - just not hit her below the neck LOL!
 

Hey --

Maybe Kendra will have Espanto kidnap Betty so she can steal her baby ...

Oh wait ... that was the last novela, wasn't it? I get so addled sometimes.

:-)
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Lol, yea Vivi. Thank you!

I had both windows open and I was about to reply the AV comment to the CI thread.

Jarocha
 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Could my CI comments be removed? please? Sorry for the confusion.

Jarocha
 

Carlos- I've got my eye on Ratiana and ready to back up Nikki whenever needed. Lol

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

NovelaMaven-IRT Ratiana's "tiny claws": I want to see more of them. She was pretty spunky at the beginning. Remember when she put a beat down on Nikki? Why did they turn her into a Wise Orchid Nature Zen Sweetness and Light of Innocence Child?
 

Thanks Martha, well detailed recap indeed.
I never like violence but I have to admit I enjoyed the slapfest. as I read everybody's reaction to it and the justification for both Roy and Vickie's actions, I agree with either side of the opinions.
For me, Vickie's reaction is really symbolic what most aggrieved wife would really want to do with the other woman. As for Roy's violent behavior it is indicative of a controlling and abusive husband or a man that I can not condone.
Also, let us not forget that the Balvanera women are noted for their feistiness and their violent streak. Why, if Kendho made a mistake on turning to Adriana and if Adriana was given a chance, why she could have pulled all those beautiful hair of Kendho.
One thing, I was surprised that Kendho already told Nikki about her evil deed to keep away
Guzmancito from Nikki and was instrumental for her to marry Roy. Isn't it a long ways yet till the end? What would Kendho still be plotting against the Balvaneras?
By the looks of it, FF is thick skinned and will not leave the B mansion. OOh, must watch tv tonight. Thanks everybody. I enjoyed reading all your blogs.
 

Vida2, in my opionion, Roy, like Vicky is reacting to a betrayal by his spouse. Roy did not expect that his he would find his wife having sex in a barn on his wedding night. I bet got out of bed because he couldn't sleep and went looking for his new bride. After looking in all 200 rooms of the Ballsvanera Mansion, Roy decides to head over to the barn (his last option). Roy probably expected to see a horse or chicken or a duck. Roy (no matter what we think of his gold digging activities) did not expect to find his new bride having sex with her bodyguard. Roy may not be a Budist and handle things calmly. He may might be the type of person who needs time to calm down. Nikki might be extremely apologetic, but if Roy had not walked into that barn, I'm pretty sure that Nikki intended to consumate that marraige eventually. That's why she told Guzman that they couldn't see each other again.

Less than 24 hours after she had been basically caught in the act, Nikki expected Roy to take her out partying with him as if he had not walked in on his new wife in a barn. I'm not saying that he has the right to hit his wife. I'm saying that I UNDERSTAND his desire to do so. In my opinion Roy, like Vicky is reacting to Nikki's betrayal.
 

Thanks, Marta. Yikes !!! Hell hath no fury like a ho scorned. I thought that KendrHO might have a stroke. I enjoyed the tag team of Miss Vikki and Sis. Have you ever wanted to slap someone like that ? No...just me then. Well, it looks like KenDO has become KenDon't for slimy Nil-Sone..what a prince that guy is. And I can't endure watching poor Bea. She just cannot catch a break. I am hoping that a gigantic anvil will eliminate the awful low one from her life. She deserves some happiness, and he deserves to pay for his sins.
 

Cynderella- We get it Nikki is just, "like her father" as you said. I'm sure Roy cries himself to sleep every night over Nikki sleeping with Guzman and can't go on with life just like Victoria did when she first caught Nelson with Kendra... Oh wait, no he didn't because he couldn't give two poops about Nikki, all that matters is the d**n business deal he made in marrying Nikki. It's all about the money and being in control. He's not one bit pissed she slept with Guzman, he feels threatened by Guzman, because if Nikki were to have stayed with Guzman, there goes his piggy bank. Just saying! Agree to disagree. I could go on but I don't want to.

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

Cynderella-"In my opinion Roy, like Vicky is reacting to Nikki's betrayal"
OMG don't know I missed this. NIKKI'S BETRAYAL, no such thing. If that's the case what about Roy's betrayal I marrying Nikki just for money and paying off his debt. He has said to Omar more than once all things he would do with her money, and even when Nikki's Tatito had a heart attack he had been plotting to deceive Nikki. Roy betrayed Nikki from the first moment he came back into her life, Yes Nikki used him and all but when he comes down to it, Nikki didn't do anything with Guzmancito that Roy didn't see or have coming. I've said this once and I'll say it again... He made his bed and he can lie it just like Nikki as well.

Team Nikki/Guzmancito
 

Been gone for couple weeks and catching up. Wow!! Thanks to all for the awesome recaps.
 

What an episode, hurray!

Thank you for the recap, SuperMarta!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder