Wednesday, May 08, 2013

PEAM #43-5/8/13: Ye Know Not What Me is Capable Of, Yarrrr.... Now That I Got Meself a Boyfriend, Yarrrr!!!



Recap by Pablo.

Nov. 7th. (9:14:53-9:59:01)       ;-)
 
 
After the unappetizing rubbery scrambled eggs that Chatita served him, Elías runs to ask Verónica about last night. As mad as he is because he has found out that Chatita's food pyramid includes fruit, sweet bread, Rompope and eggs and after seeing Verónica all dolled up in high heels before breakfast, is the drop that overflows the glass (it sounds better in spanish), or the straw that broke the camel's back. Specially when she tells him that all this has a reason:
She's broadening her horizons. That can only mean one thing, but Elías is so in love that he doesn't understand (neither the lines nor between them) her and even when she says:

a) is a man FROM THE PAST
b) she has something VERY IMPORTANT IN COMMON WITH HIM
c) somebody she can have a SECOND CHANCE WITH
d) a man who never had to LEAVE HER OR VALENTINA
e) somebody she lied to or hid SOMETHING IMPORTANT from him
f) a man who came from Chicago and IS THE BEST COOK in Monterrey!
g) he can plan important publicity campaigns in a Jiffy.
h) need anymore hints???
OK. Elias is still asking WHO COULD THAT BE??? Tell me, I give up!!
 
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
Jessica makes fun of Xóchitl, who ended up a half-pirate, but Alma puts a cork in her mouth, looks like in Avon, after punching in, nobody can say nasty things to each other. Apparently, she ignores all the goings-on while she is always busy as the workaholic she is.
In the cafeteria, the three stooges are licking their lips remembering Yvonne and her table-show and the crickets when Begonia shows up as if by magic and almost tears Gilberto's ear because he was badmouthing her not knowing she was behind him. Bad piggy didn't lose his ear by a hair of his chinny chin chin!
Sebastian woos Susana with a huge flower bouquet, or did he do it only because he needed some pictures of the happy-couple-to-be to frame?
Jesús tries to dump Xóchitl with no success because she now wants to take him to meet her mother.
After Begonia leaves, in a wink of Discua's eyes and a twitching of her nose, the stooges make fun of him being whimpy, and when Marisela talks to Ricardo, things get sour, since there, everybody has a tail to step on (todos tienen cola que les pisen-nobody can throw the first stone).
Cárdenas was about to give Jessica a flower bouquet much smaller than Sebastian's, but the sponsor had paid for a ringing, so the Unefón rang and he had to leave the premises...

THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES
What looked like the monologue, was actually Patricia's session with Martha, TOTIM (the only therapist in Monterrey) who confesses her love for Rogelio. She highlights the differences between Alma (who behaves more like she's dead or a zombie) and herself, whose veins are boiling with life and energy! Martha has already broken most of the rules of ethics calling Elías to lure him into her batcave, can you imagine if she breaks one more, that one about the confidentiality?

NOW WHIP IT- WHIP IT GOOD!!
Jessica shows Rogelio her secret costume and he looks very interested in checking out her a$$ets. In fact, he could a$$k for a rain check, but in the meanwhile, they can plot against Jesús...

THE ROAD TO SPIRITUALITY IS THE TRUTH!
Fernando, feeling better after the fabulous but painful massage from last night, tells Discua he is confused because he never thought he didn't believe in the sacred union called marriage and now there is something inside him making him change... He even wants to marry her!
With all of his bones crackling, he kneels down to propose!
Of course, when Rogelio hears about it, puts the scream on the sky (in spanish makes more sense), and forbids it definitely.
Insert here 10 minutes of insults and humilliation, that will leave Fernando breathless and angry, although trying to keep his inner light from bursting!

YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE!
Jesús is planning a new campaign (something Elías couldn't do) and taking the chance, speaks to Alma about his problem with Xochi, who would be devastated if she knew that he doesn't love her... When he says my mother told me ''you can't choose love, love chooses you'' Alma asks for water in a glass because she can not put those precious lips on the bottle, and then asks him if there's another woman in his life... Too bad he couldn't answer, since Rogelio arrived with a pretty framed picture of them in happier times. Alma's hormones (unknown to Patricia) are also boiling inside her, and in the picture, instead of seeing Rogelio, SHE SEES JESUS KISSING HER!!!

PENNIES FROM HEAVEN
Elías took Marisela to a Bar when he didn't have money and now Rogelio is giving away trips for employees when the company doesn't have a budget.
Alma took money from her salary to pay Jesús and now there's money for less important things? OK. 

SECOND ROUND! (first was Jessica/Discua)
Jesús vs. Elías
Jesús was minding his own business when Sebastián introduces himself (and Jesús apparently doesn't know who he is) and threatens him against not interfering with the relationship between Alma and Rogelio. Sebastián, as old as he is, and his is veeeery old, should know better. Alma has already told him she WILL MARRY Rogelio. Speaking about this with Jesús, in reverse psychology, will only cause more desire in Jesús to do the opposite! Plus, Sebastián says he CARES A LOT for Alma's happiness!
Really? Is that why he hasn't showed up in almost ten years? TEN YEARS? I don't remember him even calling her on the phone to know how she is doing!!

When Elías show up ready to fight Jesús, the whole company comes to separate them, they go outside, keep fighting for a woman not worth fighting for, Elías, who left the house upset because of Verónica's behavior, now that Jesús is in her mind, wants her again. Jesús is in big trouble, Alma is thinking of his kisses, Verónica is after him, Xóchitl is after him, even the Bank is after him!!

Tomorrow:
DIVORCE! 
DRESS REHEARSAL!!
BLACKMAIL!!!
JEALOUSY!!!!
BINGO!

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

This recap is fantastic and soooo funny. I liked the hints about Chucho.

Isn't it funny that Patymelt has the same therapist as Valentina? Too funny.

Alma should decide whether she really wants to marry Rogue or is just deluding herself. Everytime she has a little reverie it is always about Chucho.

Cardenas is too funny with his skulking with the flowers. He had enough time to at least give them to Jess with something nice to say. I had to laugh at her scribbling on that paper.

I liked how Gilberto's wife snuck up behind him and heard everything he had to say. And that ear pulling.

I too think it is time for Chucho to let down Xochi. This has gone on far enough, but we all know in order to save her grief he'll go meet her Mama. Her Mama is one scary lady. She treats Xochi as if she were five years old.

So what is Jess up to? Will she seduce Rogue next in order to get a better job, hmmmm.

I couldn't believe the convo about the trips for the employees either.

I didn't like the way Elias didn't listen to Chucho at all. I hope Chatita sets him straight. I don't even think that Elias realizes that Chucho tried to do him a huge favor. Now Elias thinks Chucho is a homewrecker. I wanted them to continue the bromance, jus' sayin'.

Vero is off her rocker. And I don't like the way she is telling Valentina all these things too. Even Marta was shocked she had done it. Vero seriously needs the therapy to straighten herself up already.
 

Madelaine/Pablo, this is superbly written and very, very funny. Thanks!

I just noticed the tiny gold Christian fish pendant hanging in the abyss of Discua's magnifcent, fake boobs. Talk about reverent irreverence?! What's up with Fernando's Sgt. Pepper outfit? I can't figure out if he's paying homage to Michael Jackson or John Lennon!

I too hate seeing Elias fight with Jesus. I hope this situation gets straightened out. All it would take is a good compnversation between Elias and Chatita. If Chatita can remember !? Gertie
 

What a fun recap, Pablo, thank you. I loved all the titles thrown in, very apt and full of your characteristic humor.

I'll cast my votes to put Xochi out of her (and our) misery, perhaps Mean Mom will put a needed choke-hold on Xochi's ardor and maybe she will want Chucho for herself, every one else does it seems.

Mads, I'm not sure that Fernando knows who he should emulate, Lennon or Jackson. At least he looks happy that someone actually wants him. Rogue ought to bug out, he only humiliates his brother.

Poor Elias, nasty Veronica is back. She does slow down her rant when he declares his love for her. I too want the bromance back!
 

Thanks

I also think that Xóchitl's mom will melt the first time she lays eyes on Jesús (like everbody else) and give thumbs up to the relationship. The problem is, Jesús is getting in too deep in Xochi's quick sand and it will be impossible to get out of it...
 

Another masterpiece, Pablo.
The hints for Elias were off of the charts.
I want this Xochy nightmare to disappear because it is beyond ridiculous now.
I hope that Elias and Jesus can straighten out the misunderstanding because they are good friends, who are good for each other, here's where they need Chatita. She has a way of making the absurd sensible.

 

Yes, Xochy's mother will be in love and this ridiculous relationship will be even more bizarre. Enough already!
 

Wow, Pablo, what a hilarious recap.
I loved the Chatita food pyramid, your use of song titles and bingo!
Thanks for a good laugh this a.m.

Too bad Elías could not stop long enough to hear the whole story from Jesús. Fernando and Rogelio should have a double wedding ceremony. Every time I think Sebastián is okay he gets creepy. Maybe he could end up with Verónica who has ended up in the creepy category, too. Oh well, on to more "shenanigans" tonight!

Jarifa
 

OMG, this recap is a scream (sounds better in English.)
 

I hope they don't introduce any more new characters. It feels like a full complement already.
 

The Contract they signed with AVON clearly specified 200 1 hour infomercials, I mean, episodes, so in the 160 that we haven't seen, I am sure all this people will show up (even for flashbacks):

Jesús parents, Alma's brother and mother, Don Sebastián mother (who is never seen because she is taking care of her own grandmother who is in a healthcare facility), Verónica's parents and a couple ex-boyfriends, staff from the DNA place (we still not know if Valentina is really Jesús daughter, Elías parents and his uncle, Rogelio's father, Fernando's father, their mother and her twin sister, Doña Susana's husband and kids (if they have them), Patricia's long lost sister, Marisela's cousin who is poorer than she is and together she feels better, Cárdenas mom and some of his fembots (who all resemble Jessica but in several skin and hair colors), Chatita's husband and son (who visit her at night when she remembers to dream), Discua's siamese sister who not fully developed and lives in one of her boobs, the therapist's aunt Ann Landers, the bishop's wife, the preacher's son, and the cast of the Gilligan's island...
 

Yarr!!! I didn't see this last night, so extra thanks for the recap, Pablo, which I will finally start reading once I can stop laughing long enough to scroll past the title!

Blue, there's a point in every TN when I say "oh no, not more characters!!" I wouldn't mind as much if the new characters were trade-ins for some of the existing characters we've gotten sick of.
 

Crummy episode, hysterical recap!! That's why I love Caray so much. Pablo this was wonderful. Can't believe it's the same episode I was so frustrated with.

Vero--disdain. She is so full of herself, frankly she deserves no one at this point. Give Val to Chucho and I would love to see her privileged little world collapse and see her slep for a living.

Patimelt- too funny she basically described the same Alma we all see. Can't argue with her logic.

I've already gone on record with how much I hate the Xochi storyline, but I'm guessing this is going to get much worse before it ends. Drat!

As for Elias, the poor guy's world has turned upside down and I think a lot of his unwillingness to listen to Chucho and listen to Vero was refusing to believe he could be hitting any further rock bottom. I say he needs to vent to our friendly neighborhood therapist too. And then let the sparks fly.

It's a wonder that branch of Avon makes any money at all. It's like an old sign that use to hang in the lunchroom of a former job (kept a copy I loved it so much):
Attention Employees: It has come to our attention that employees are not following company policy. Every employee is required to take at least the following: a combination of two 1/2 hour or one full hour WORK break. Management will be adding a full hour of work time to their schedules going forward to monitor results. Thank you for your cooperation.

Is it me, or is Fer becoming one of the more likable characters now. I forgive him the Sgt. Pepper jacket ( Gertie--you nailed it!!). Gees Rogue is an elitist. Honestly, he and Vero should hook up.

Daisy
 

Yes!! I want the Professor to teach Cardenas how to build robots out of coconuts and vines! I want Mary Ann to teach Chatita how to make coconut cream pie!!
 

Pablo- Hilarious title! The recap was so much more interesting and funny than the show.

As I feared, the bromance has been ruined by Vero. It's time for Chucho to stop hemming and hawing and tell at least one of these women he is not interested. I'm also ready for some plot. I'm amused by Rogue but he really doesn't qualify as a villain, not even a comedic one.

As I'm going to be adding the 7pm show to my schedule, which already has too many tns, I will be dropping this show and making 8pm my workout hour. I'll still read these inspired recaps and comments though and add my two cents, as I do with QBA which I also don't really watch. I'm sure the recaps will be enough to keep me up to date on what's happening with these wacky characters.
 

Glad you'll be staying in the peanut gallery, Vivi! How was the concert?
 

Pablo, terrific recap! And right out the chute with a great title too. Sounds like everyone is getting sillier and stupider with each episode, i.e. things are proceeding normally in telenovelalandia. I also like your hilarious comment about who will show up in flashbacks. Discua's Siamese twin? Snort!!

Daisy, gotta love those passive-aggressive company notices. One of my old bosses used to collect those and some were absolutely hilarious.

Vivi, have fun with your new telenovela. Glad to hear you guys got a team to do the recapping.
 

Blue- The concert was AMAZING! Lila and her band were in fine form, despite this being the last stop on a long tour. Anita managed to find a fifth person to go with us. Wish you could have joins us.
 

That's joined us.
 

Really funny Pablo, gracias

"puts the scream on the sky" what is the saying in Spanish?

I have to agree with Patricia,
"Alma (who behaves more like she's dead or a zombie)"
Hope Blanca is taking advantage of the televisa acting school, it's going to take a while if she's going to do anything other than look beautiful.

I want Ninel Conde's plastic surgeon, just want fake boobs in a more manageable size.


 

Variopinta, I think Ninel's had both front- and back-end work done. That just *can't* be natural...
 

Well, for some it can be natural, but in her case it most certainly isn't as there is photographic before and after evidence. But more power to her. It gets her roles like this one. :)

I am enjoying Fernando's transformation. Can he really go through with marriage? And if so, will he lose interest once he's deflowered the lovely Discua? Or is this real love?
 

I doubt there is any part of her that hasn't been enhanced.
 

Ninel is a good actress, though. That's why I can't dislike her.

I noticed last night (okay, I caught maybe the last five minutes) that when Elias and Chucho were almost-fighting, Discua was motioning with her hands as if to channel a protective positive-energy field towards them. So maybe she is for real and not just using her church as a way to scam gullible, horny morons out of their money.

However, the fact remains that Fernando is a gullible, horny moron; so I'm not sure why she's spending time with him if she isn't up to something!

(Maybe it's pheromones!)
 

Wow..you just get better and better Pablo (makes more sense in Spanish)

Loved:
"Chatita's food pyramid"
Vagina Monologues
Now whip it--whip it good!
your version of "puso el grito en el cielo" (makes NO sense in English)
Can't hurry love
Pennies from heaven

Granted I'm a sucker for song titles (Mads is the champion in this category but you're giving her a run for her money.)

How long have you been living in the US, Pablo? You're not only perfectly bi-lingual but perfectly bi-cultural as well. Awesome.

Julie-loved your noting that Discua was motioning with her hands as if to channel a protective positive-energy field towards the brothers--I have to put up with seeing that frequently with my New Age hubster. Makes me want to do something terribly wicked! (Do you think Discua could straighten me out?) Anyway, I would love it if these two got married...just imagine the ceremony. With lots of those tuneless New Age hymns they like to belt out. Man, give me a good Ave Maria any day.
 

Thanks, feels so good to be part of the team that makes Televisa nonsensical TN look a lot better after we recap them!!

Poner el grito en el cielo is a phrase we use when we are shocked or scandalized by something and make a big fuss about it.
I don't know if there's a version in english, but could it be screaming so loud even the sky can hear you??

I have been here for about 15 years. The little english I knew from school I had forgot it, but here I started watching SESAME STREET to train my hearing and the rest has been talking to people, asking, and watching movies and TV.
 

Pablo, I think we might say "hollering to high heaven" or something like that.
 

Pablo:

Or it could be screaming to high heaven, I have heard that before.
 

Screaming to wake the dead!
 

Well, great Pablo...would that we could all be as clever and fluent in Spanish after 15 years as you are in English. Something to shoot for, even if we fall short.
 

The first Spanish I ever learned was from Sesame Street. Counting to 20; abierto/cerrado, agua, and beso!

I also tried watching Villa Allegre and Carrascolendas when I was a tot, but I didn't understand much of it. And that was all the Spanish I had access to!
 

The employee trips, I believe, are part of a scheme Rogelio has come up with to trap Jesus into "doing it" (or at least appearing to do it) with Xochi and have Alma find out or see it (the proof, not the deed). He's going to all kinds of unnecessary expense to pull this "brilliant idea" he had. I guess he'll somehow fix it so Jesus and Xochi have to share a room and with Jessica's help, put them in some kind of compromising position where he and Alma just happen along. I'm totally guessing here, of course. I'm probably totally wrong, too.
 

Pablo, you are truly an inspiration and a great resource for us. Thank you for participating and making our fun Spanish club even more fun.

I'll admit I quite like the Fernando/Discua relationship. I know it's too early for them to have an easy go of it, but I really do hope they end up together.
 

We really are fortunate to have a native latino, it sure helps to have the input. Love the "sounds better in Spanish". Bad words sound so much nicer in Spanish, I guess that's why you hear many latinos using US curse words, they are way less poetic.
 

What is the Spanish word that many of the characters use when someone knocks on the door and they want to say "Coming". It sounds something like "Voy", but when I looked up that word in a Spanish->English dictionary, it didn't mean anything in english.
 

GoBlueFan- They actually are saying "voy", meaning "I'm coming".
 

Late to the party today, but thanks for the awesome recap.

I feel so sorry for Elias. He's done nothing wrong aside from fritzing on the ad campaign, and he's getting so much abuse. But attacking Jesus was too much. Vero may be going after Chucho again, but Elias has been given no indication that Chucho returns the sentiments. Too bad he's never awake when Chucho talks to him in the morning.

GoBlueFan - for verbs, only the infinitive is listed in the dictionary, not the conjugated forms. This makes it very hard when you run across an irregular verb you don't know, and the form looks nothing like the infinitive! It took me a ridiculously long time to figure out what "quepo" means.
 

I find it curious that in Mex they answer the phone "bueno" sometimes "diga".
In one TN they had kidnapped someone & she kept yelling "abreme" thought that a little odd, but that's language for you. We say a lot that doesn't make sense to a foreigner.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder