Thursday, May 09, 2013

PEAM #44- 5/9/13- Just Another Day At Avon

I had to be creative for this episode because I spent most of the time rolling my eyes at the foolishness.

I am going to recap according to the characters.  Something similar was done by I believe Jardinera for a different telenovela and I loved it.

Vero- the Ice Princess
What is wrong with Marta my therapist?? Why doesn’t she get it?? I love Jesus.  Why he invited me to dinner to profess his love for me and give me illusions of reuniting with him, so that Val, he and I can be a family.  I initially let him go to the US because I didn’t want to stand in his way but I should have told him that I loved him.  How stupid of me!!!  I just can’t stop thinking about the dinner last night and when we embraced, we almost kissed.  (Is that like almost winning the lottery?)

Marta- the therapist
What a job that I have.  I give advice and no one listens and I get paid for this.  Vero- what about your daughter, isn’t that why we have the therapy sessions.  Don’t you think that she needs to be with her Papa Elias???  Your love for Jesus is a very confusing concept to this little girl.  Oh well session over.  Hmm- a phone call from Elias Franco, I’ll take it.  Oh yes, I do owe you a session, come on over.  Let me put on some lipstick and freshen my face for this love, oh no professional session. Elias- think about Valentina, she must be very confused, you raised her. I just love this job!!!!!

Jesus-the secretary, executive, personal assistant.
I was only trying to help my brother man.  I had cooked a delicious, romantic dinner for Elias and Vero, only to have Elias skip out on me with Marisela and when Vero arrives she thinks that the dinner is for us.  I tried to tell Elias the next morning but it fell on sleeping ears and now Elias is beyond pissed with me to say the least.  I told the story to Alma, one of the loves of my life and she understood. So now Cardenas has anxiety about speaking in public and with the new staff morale project he is going to need some help.  Sure, I can help him.  Why is Xochy still annoying me, well let me not hurt her feelings in public, I’ll tell her about the mix up story with Elias.  Why is she reacting like that, she needs to lower her voice.  Meet her mother, why would I want to do that??  Am I really her boyfriend??? I love spending time with my boss, Alma.  She asked me to take her to look at wedding gowns because she couldn’t reach her best friend.  That’s odd.  Anyway, I’ll go to the ends of the Earth with her.  Oh why is she inviting me to her wedding?  I can’t go, I am dying of jealously how can I stand it.  But I can’t let her down; I’ll be there.  What’s taking Patty so long let me walk around?  I’m in the bridal salon, wow, this gown would look amazing on Alma at our wedding.  Wow, there she is in a wedding gown for real.  She looks marvelous.  She is the perfect woman.  I am speechless.  This woman is a goddess.

Alma- the goddess
I am never too busy to listen to Jesus.  What a mixed up story that was.  I have a solution, just tell Vero the truth.  What a wonderful boss Rogue is to make up the employee raffle for a weekend for 2.  That will surely boost morale.  Rogue seems a little agitated.  I wish that there was something that I could do to help Elias with getting his job back.  I wonder why Rogue is so dismissive about it.  Funny, I can’t reach my best friend on her cell and I wanted to try on wedding gowns.  Since I only have 2 friends then I guess that I have to ask my other friend, Jesus.  I just love spending time with him under any pretense.  There are so many lovely gowns to choose from.  Let me try on this one.  I wonder how I look in it?? Let me ask Jesus for his opinion.

Sebastian- FIL
Rogue, you may have to take lessons from me on how to court the ladies.  Do what you must to re light my daughter’s fire because the flames are smoldering.  I am so astute but I am too busy looking at Patty’s short dress and being charmed by her to wonder why did she burst into your office like that.  Oh right, she is helping with the wedding.  Carry on, kids.  Susana, let’s do lunch.  I don’t mind eating in the employee cafeteria, it’s not about the food but it’s about the company.  (Rogue, learn from the pro!)  Susana, do we have to talk about your hubby??   Sorry to hear that he has pulmonary emphazema.

Susana- secretary
Why thank you for the lunch invitation, Sebastian.  I can’t believe that a man of your caliber will eat at the employee cafeteria.  You could eat wherever you want.  My husband isn’t doing too well.  I will ignore everyone looking at us and just enjoy your company.
 Xochy- secretary
Jesus, what is going on??  Thank you for explaining the whole story to me.  So now the competition line gets longer.  First it’s Alma and now Vero has joined, who is next??  Jesus, you have to come home with me tonight to me my mother otherwise she will kill me and you wouldn’t want that, would you??  I am so jealous that I’m having tantrums about all of the woman in your life. I am sure that you are more attracted to me because of it.  I really know how to act around a man.

Jessica- secretary
The only thing besides sex that I am good for is gossiping.  So what’s up with Xochy? Why s she angry??   She doesn’t have a chance with that galan.  That’s right I don’t have a heart, hahaha, only two vital body parts and one is my long legs, you can guess the other.  Why is Susana having lunch with Don Sebastian?? I am the only one who should have lunch with a man.  Let me gossip abut that too, I am not good at anything else.  And last night Vero had dinner at Chatita’s?  Tell me more!

Cardenas and the 3 Stupids
Cardenas-, who has never been kissed, is too nervous to speak publicly, only with his stupid colleagues.  I went to the basement to give Jessica the flowers and she received a phone call that stopped me.  I am too shy to go over and speak to her now too many people around and I am prone to panic attacks.  Julio- we didn’t notice before but do you have a thing for Xochy?  Yes, I do.  She is Jesus’ girl.  But that should not be an obstacle for you.  Julio has kept his feelings hidden since he started working at Avon. E is a better choice in my book for Xochy.

Marisela- the secretary
I am a wannabe.  I like being seen with Elias because he ahs all of the bells and whistles that I desire but I do love Ricardo, who has nothing but a jalopy.  I think that I will give Elias a call and see how he is doing??
 Ferny-Rogue’s brother (The Idiot)
I have seen the light and it’s Discua.  Wow, to be with a virgin, hurray.  So I’ll marry her.  Joining her spiritual group will be worth the wait and I may gain some sense at the same time.  My brother always fights with me and insults me; I can’t let him break my spirit.  Discua, you are my everything and I am shocked that you have feelings for me too.  I can’t work; all I can do is think about you. Thank you for bringing me lunch.  Let’s share it. I am going to be baptized the day after tomorrow and then I can marry Discua.  Yessssssss!

Rogue- Alma’s fiancé
How can I get rid of Jesus??? Exactly, I’ll sponsor an employee raffle on the same day as my wedding, so he can’t ruin it for me.  My brother is so useless and aggravates me more and more each day and now he wants to marry Discua.  Enough already!!! Thank you, FIL for helping me to rekindle Alma’s fire.  Oh, Patty, what it is?? Why are you here now?? I’m not horny. Now.  You want to drop a dime about us, well I will ruin you.  Without me you are nothing!!! So slow down.  It’s a good thing that I don’t know that Alma is out with Jesus.

Patymelt- Rogue’s side piece
Where is Rogue?? In his office with someone, well I will just burst in.  Oh it’s his father in law.  Let me charm him and lie about being here to help with the wedding plans, while I ignore Alma’s calls.  She only wants me to go with her to look at wedding gowns.  How can I do that when she is marrying the man that I love?    What are Rogue and his FIL talking about?? Rekindling Alma’s flames. Que the heck!!!  This will not do.  I think that maybe I will drop a dime to FIL, what do you think Rogue.  What, you are threatening me?? I will have nothing?? Really?? Let me tell my best friend Alma the truth.  If I tell her the truth who has more to lose????  I hate her!!! Let me show you how much, yes, I broke the glass to her picture and stepped on it.  Having a meltdown is my real name.

Elias- Vero’s husband
I thought that Jesus was my brother.  He purposely deceived me and took my family away from me.  I have no job, no place to stay and I will move out of his apartment.  I have no one to talk to and I don’t want to listen to Chatita.  She is always on Jesus’ side.  I’ll call Marta, she is a therapist and I am feeling bad.  She will help me.  Why is Marisela calling me, I don’t want to talk to her right now.  Good! Marta can see me; I would have taken her to lunch. I’m not sure how, because I don’t have much if any money with me.  Okay, I will meet her at her office. 

Valentina- the little princess

I didn’t dirty my uniform at school.  Papa Elias visited me, he told me that he loves me and he misses me.  So you are talking to him, does that mean that you are no longer angry with him?   I’m not hungry, and I am still thinking about what he told me. 
Do you love Papa Elias??? I don’t understand.  We are going to live with Papa Jesus, do you love him?? I thought that you hated him.  I don’t know what you are saying or thinking, Mommy.  (Do you know what you want??)  My facial expression says it all.

Labels:


Comments:
This was a silly episode to recap, so as I explained I had to be creative. I hope that I didn't leave anyone out.
 

TJ:

What a marvelous inspired recap! Loved the whole recap and the title is spot on!

Xochi is just beyond help same as Vero. They both need a good slap upside the head to wake up already. Chucho is so not into them. But Chucho, being the sweet guy he is, will at least save Xochi from her crazy Mama.

I don't like what Vero told Valentina. The poor little girl is so confused.

You are so right about Marta, TJ. She gives great advice but no one listens to her. She has it really bad for Elias. Will she cross the line with him?

I wish Elias had listened to Chatita and Chucho. I didn't want the bromance to end. I hope Elias sees sense and listens to the explanation. I really think though that there is no saving Vero and Elias.

So Ferny and Discua are really going to do the deed, as in marrying? I'll believe it when I see it.

TJ: You were so spot on with all these characters. A big kudo to you : )
 

Thanks!
Is raining and one of my dogs is always scared of thunder and lightning, so he doesn't let me sleep.
I am glad I have something important to do on the computer and that is reading recaps and commenting.

The chain of desire now has another link: Julio
I never thought he could be interested in yarrr! Xóchitl, who is after Jesús, who is secretly wishing he could see Alma naked again in the dressing room, who will marry Rogelio, who has an affair with Patricia, who is the only sane one that pursues who she loves against all odds...

In my personal opinion, now that Elías knows her true self (Verónica enseñó el cobre), I wouldn't mind another man taking her from me. I wouldn't want her back not even wrapped as a present (ni regalada)! I wouldn't wish my worst enemy one day with her!! And I wouldn't go back to her even if she was the last woman on earth and civilization depended on us!!

Maybe I loved her to stay by her side through tick and thin and maybe I love her daughter as mine, but she is difficult and she shouldn't be part of all my problems if she is not going to be part of the solution. Bye, Verónica! El que no te conozca que te compre! (whoever doesn't know you, can buy you!)
 

This was a terrific way to tie all the threads together. Thanks TJ.

I do enjoy watching Pati & the way she walks into a room & takes it over. So now we know for sure that she has no family fortune. She's a wannabe like Marisela -- but with so much more class. Her lifestyle is totally bankrolled by Rogue. Interesting blackmail standoff.

I'm glad we have a contender for Xochi's affections. I have enjoyed the actor in the two other roles I've seen him in. He's been nothing but annoying here -- I look forward to seeing some humanity in him.

Marta, Marta, Marta. How unprofessional. BUT we are pulling for you out here in TNland. Elias needs some lovin' right now. It just may help both him & Vero discover their true feelings.

I too wish that the bromance wasn't over. If only Elias would listen to the whole story. But if the characters acted logically it wouldn't be a TN.

Güera
 

Thanks, TJ. I haven't read all of this yet, but I did see the episode. Your recap can only be an improvement because the episode itself was mostly zzzzz.

As for doing the recap from each character's POV - I'd been thinking about doing another "Grupo Imperio Diaries" type of recap, but I wasn't ready to get inside anybody's head yet. (Except maybe Xochi's because I have a theory about her, but I can't do an entire recap just from her POV!) Kudos to you for going for it! When an episode is really... like this one was, you really have to make your own fun!

What I remember most from last night was Marta freshening her lipstick (Avon, no doubt) before Eli showed up. Hey, my therapist never did that! I'm really mad at him now!

Sooner or later, Marta's gonna have to meet Chucho. THAT ought to be interesting after hearing so much about him secondhand!
 

TJ, thanks, I really got a kick out of your recap!

Verónica continues to annoy me with her inappropriate conversations with Valentina. I was hoping Marta could set her straight but it doesn't look like that will happen. I agree with Pablo that Elías would be a fool to ever take Verónica back now that he knows her for what she really is: out there some where.

I loved the wedding dress appointment with Jesús and Alma. Too bad he had to wear his "uniform". Maybe it would looks less "circus performer like" if he wore a tie. It is just so distracting as is.

I am looking forward to Fernando's baptism. That should be fun!

Jarifa
 

TJ, this was great. Love your approach from each character's viewpoint. I didn't catch the episode last night and, thanks to this brilliant summation of well...not much happening, don't think I need to watch.

So after reading I sum up with...WTH?? Seems like some of the original plot has just been dropped ( where's the special agent, what happened to the bad guys, etc.) and it's all about the romantic musical chairs. Everyone wants everyone else...ok cute, but I think we need a little something else.

Mads, I'll be happy to line up for a good few slaps with you. I think a few in the line of those recently viewed on Absimo would come in handy here it seems.

Pablo, I am in total agreement on Vero. My vote is she gets no one unless Discua can get her to see the light too ( like that would happen. Ha!). For how she is messing with that poor little girl, she deserves a real dressing down in this TN, albeit in a "comedic" way. Too nice a TN for someone to get smacked by the proverbial bus going down the street. How about Panfilo's garbage truck just happen to dump on said female by accident?? That freak out I would enjoy.

That said, therapist and Eli are okay as a couple, and thankfully he will be with someone who understands his attachment to Val. However, if they have the therapist meet Chucho and then become enamored, I'll be done. Give Elias a break already.

Daisy


 

TJ, this was PERFECT. Your best recap ever!

Best line: "My facial expression says it all." Poor Valentina. She can make all the faces she wants to; if her mom won't even heed her own therapist, she's not going to pay any attention to Valentina's face! (Unless it's dirty!)

I noticed Valentina's Payaso drinking glass. So, what is this Payaso thing? Is it JUST a brand, or is there a cartoon TV show too?
 

When I was younger, Payaso was only a chocolate covered mashmallow lollipop with three gummies as eyes and mouth. Payaso, the one with the eyes and mouth made out of gummy candy- said the commercials.

Now they have (like Avon) dinnerware and clothing line, who've thunk it?

What's next, Kalimba for president?
 

Kalimba for president! ROTF!!!!
 

TJ, What a great way to entertain us while the writers get over writer's block or whatever this is. Thanks for the diversion. It really is a good way to look at the development or lack thereof for each character.
 

Pablo,
The chain of desire would have been an alternate title for me.
I agree Elias should kick Vero to the curb but not to forget about Valentina in the process. I really look forward to any interaction with her, she is cheek pinching adorable.
 

Thank you, Tablet Jefa! I liked the format. Very clever.

Yay, Orange Tie Guy is interested in Xochi. Now can he please do something about that and make both of them less annoying? I love the actor, but have hated his role here so far. Maybe now that he has more to do, he'll be able to shine again.

I don't usually enjoy fighting, but I like the spats between Rogue and Paticake. They are both so animated and snappy.

In Wednesday's episode I was mostly wondering why Fernando was wearing the General version of the secre uniform. One would think he would see the similarity and not want to associate himself with the uniformed class.
 

At the beginning of the TN in one of the breakroom scenes, I thought I saw Orange Tie guy give Xochi a moony look.
 

What fun, TJ -- the inane ones are actually the hardest to recap. Nice job!
 

Absolutely brilliant recap. What an enjoyable read. Thanks TJ!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder