Wednesday, June 26, 2013

PEAM #78-6/26/13: Whoever Marries Without Love, Pays The Price With Tears!

Pato, Rogelio is home!
-Good!
-Well, not so good, we have to sleep in separate beds!
-That's bad!
-Not so bad, he kicks and he wouldn't let me sleep!
-I know! I mean, that's good!

When Patricia arrives to Rogelio's home, the doctor is still there giving the last instructions. Then Rogelio starts to argue with Alma about the twin beds they need to sleep in tonight. Of course, Patricia is careless and mocks the reason why that happened, going to the extreme to make sexual jokes regarding the ''little problem''. Rogelio is devastated, he is being hit from all fronts. Alma, who should be staying in her penthouse at least until Rogelio gets better, decides to spend the night. The Unefón rings, and Alma tells them that Pancho López, from the main offices in Toluca, wants to see her immediately, so tomorrow, she will be traveling once again (would they belong to the high mile club?). Patricia, whose list includes sowing seeds of doubt in Alma's soul, makes fun of both until she gets what she wants, and tells  Alma to find out who Rogelio really is. 
Tomorrow will be a big day, so without a good night kiss, Rogelio and Alma go to bed and turn off the lights.

While Chatita sells beauty products to Genoveva, who is not only Chatita's customer, but her "best customer",  who feels beyond repair, and Ricardo goes to the dance alone, Marisela and Elías try to go to bed too, but after a few items of clothing touch the floor, Marisela changes her mind and runs away, because she doesn't want to be less than a wife, and that is a daydream, one thing too hard to reach. Elías, thanks to his empty head, is unable to feel the blues below the belt, and stands there, with a glazed stare. Petrified.

Jesús and Verónica talk about her stay. She should leave, but since is late and he doesn't want any trouble besides the danger to go outside and look for a Hotel room, he lets her stay with Valentina in the only bed in the house. She looks thankful, but only god knows what is going on in that crazy mind of hers.

Thanks Osorio!

Jéssica, who is actually very brave, goes to jail to see Fernando (exactly what time is it, we don't know but it has gotta be late since everybody went to bed already), or is it?

Because in the very next scene Alma is reading the mail from Toluca and since she is in the office, I guess it is the next morning. So, what do you think:
Did Jessica go to see Fernando late at night or early (before 9 am) the next morning? Thanks to Osorio this could be the first interactive TN where we the public choose the settings and the line the plot takes from time to time... Qué moderno!!

''Each regional office must present a candidate, a secretary or representative who has shown loyalty, creativity, hard work and innovation, symbol of the evolution of our Company'' (don't tell me she is thinking about Jesús, Golly!)

Thats what the e-mail says and Alma, besides thinking about the ONLY PERSON in Monterrey and now in Avon who fits those characteristics, thinks that Pancho López is indeed a beautiful person with a heart of gold. No wonder Avon is what it is. If only Pancho López knew what is really REALLY going on in that purple tower!! I am sure he would take extreme measures to cut off all the gossip and the running around with papers looking busy... but that is another story for another TN, so now, Alma summons Jesús to tell him he is invited to join her, not as her personal assistant, well, yes, as her personal assistant, since the surprise will take place once they're there...

Jesús, who conveniently has Verónica in his house to take care of the PRINCESA, don't hesitate to say yes, remember, for him, this is the golden ticket to happiness, all alone with the woman he loves means the world to him.

Jéssica spent the night with Fernando (not really, but this lack of tracking of the time confuses me) and before leaving kisses the glass like we have seen in so many movies...

Adriano Cantú spent the night with Rogelio, maybe not, but they're having breakfast together and it is early. The doctor said no hanky panky with Alma, but he didn't say anything about Cantú... besides, among men we can also have some brotherly fun... Rogelio is jealous of Jesús because Sansón shows affection for the secretary and then  the cherry on the top, Patricia arrives yet again with a truckload of gifts that I hope she paid for. Everything for Rogelio so he doesn't get bored. His favorite whiskey, relaxation books, movies on DVD, Games, new loafers, an exercise machine so he can forget about sex, and so on...
The Paparazzi is not the only one who knows about Rogelio and Patricia love/sex affair, since they don't hide it from Domotila or Cantú, who, maybe because they are ''the help'' don't have a say in this game. I would be worried, loose lips sink ships, and we never know...

Verónica knocks at Chatita's door for some laundry washing 101 and since there's no washing machines in that neighborhood, Vero will have to do it all by hand, as God intended us to do (in the beginning, at least). When her Unefón rings (she doesn't work at Avon -YET- but still she has the same ringtone!!) Jesús tells her he is going out of town with Alma and the green monster of jealousy arises and she almost bites Chatita's head off. 

Marisela gets very upset when she finds out her father warned Elías of the danger if he is just toying with her, and she, seriously thinking she is all grown up and mature, wants everybody to not intervene, if she falls it will be her own fall. Pánfilo would do anything to see her not be heartbroken, but he is impotent, wait, isn't that Rogelio, at least for the moment? Juárever, Pánfilo is right about worrying because Marisela could do anything in a fit.

In one of those obnoxious fantasies, Alma asks Jesús why is Verónica sleeping in his bed? Then in real life she tells him about the trip and later on, when she sees the paper plane that she actually thinks is an angel, feels remorse for being ''too intrusive''... Really? Since when in Avon has someone  cared about that?

JESUS GOES TO JAIL!! To visit Fernando.

Who is happy because someone who is not his relative cares about him (and is not mostro, his cellmate), promises he will do anything, ANYTHING for him if he needs it. I hope his anything doesn't mean the same as Patricia's anything!

Before getting out the car, Jesús spends about 30 minutes guessing why o why Alma asked him about Verónica... Does it really matter?

Inside the vecindad, Verónica, wearing her slippery high heels and her vest borrowed from Familia P. Luche, washes Jesús unmentionables before the neighbor who in that engagement party said she was Alma's laundry lady and Laurita, whose hair has been toned down to a more brownish mahogany, both dressed in their best Sunday clothes to be at Verónicas level... Laura says that being Jesús is SOOOOO HANDSOME, she would do the same too, wash his undies by hand!!
Vero breaks a nail, Jesús almost kisses her finger in the ''sana sana colita de rana'' thing while in another area in Monterrey, Patricia meets Renato, the paparazzi who falls flat before Pato's sexual innuendos and promises of sexual favors. You can do anything, ANYTHING you want to me if you take me to your home!! She whispers... and we know her firey sexual appetite, when she says ANYTHING, she probably means that, and that too... ;-)

Rogelio gets upset when he discovers the trip Alma will make to Toluca will be in the company of Jesús Almighty, on the other hand, Chatita gets very happy when Jesús tells her the same thing. This is the opportunity to confess his love for her, don't miss it bombo!! 

When Marisela is through with her dad, she flees full of rage and is questioned by Xóchitl, who worries for her. Julio comes to tell her that the makeover issue is almost done and will take place tonight, then Ricardo ask Mari why she didn't show up for the dance last night. 
-Because I was making love to Elías in Verónica's bed! Well, I am getting carried away by those fantasy thoughts they usually have, she really said, because she was not interested in sharing her beautiful and blue blooded self among the lower class!! Something like that.

Cut to Toluca with Sherlyn's musical theme of UNA FAMILIA CON SUERTE we see Pancho, who makes a sexual connotation to Cande, who is now in Public Relations, 
and relations, thats something she is good at, in public or in private, hahaha! I hate this crap! Anyway! Inside the car Alma and Jesús can not believe their ears. Can people be that loud? Pancho changes Alma's last name and Jesús nickname several times, and Cande flirts openly with the hunk, now the only specimen worth attention from the opposite sex, anywhere he sets foot.

Pancho, in his style, gives his army of security men one coin (and tells them to  keep the change) so they can go eat some barbacoa tacos in Los Portales, then run to Metepec to help digestion, then to the movies and finally to dinner. What he means is LEAVE ME ALONE, I am tired of you following me everywhere!!

Here's another direction the TN could take: If Alma ever gets tired of Jesus, Cande could hire him! 

Verónica could be good getting angry and having zero patience when things don't go her way, but is not good for housewife chores. She slips and falls. Chatita offers her some cookies she baked for Oliverio's mom, the best customer so far... Verónica asks for ''el burro'' or the ironing board, while in Toluca, ''la burra'' has a sticker of Porque el amor manda. Why is that? Does this mean anything so far from Monterrey?

Jéssica is late because she was visiting Fernando and Oliverio gives her a memorandum. If she is late again she will be suspended for a week and if she does that for a third time, she will be fired!! No concessions here at Avon, rules are rules!! Only gossip is allowed at all times!! BTW, what is Gilberto doing there? Didn't he retire?

Rentao, all covered with red kisses snores happily, being a victim of a dose of Mordidal, the same sleeping pills that caused Rogelio not to make it in time for his pre-wedding counseling, as Patricia, half klepto and half on purpose, takes everything her purse can fit. God! Why didn't she ask Chatita to borrow her bra? The memory stick with the Acapulco pictures, money for odds and ends, etc.

Tomorrow this TN starts a new phase, maybe that's why for the last 5 minutes, Alma and Jesús behave very differently as we know them. He is bold and she is too, almost sexy in a Jessica Rabbit way... maybe Osorio found out he was making a big mistake and is fixing it... who knows? Maybe it is the day of judgement!!

Previews: Don't trust them, they never happen the next day anyway!
 
Recap By Pablo

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

Thanks for this great recap. It was so funny.

Pancho never changes! And he still drives La Burra! So Cande is now Head of Public Relations, what a hoot.

I had to laugh at Vero doing the laundry and her slipping and falling I guess she never heard of wearing flats when doing laundry.

I like how Maricela fled from Elias. I am ssoooo glad she didn't sleep with Elias. Good for her.

I can't wait for the Xochi makeover, this should be fun.

Can't wait to see what this surprise is that Alma has for Chucho.
 

Pablo, thanks for watching this episode carefully so I did't have to! I loved your description of Paty "with a truckload of gifts I hope she paid for". Oh well, on we go to another episode tonight!

Jarifa
 

Thank you Pablo for an explicit recap.
A new phase, just when I thought that things couldn't get any more silly. I stopped watching La Familia Con Suerte becasue it was too silly for me and its back. Geeez!
Paty the back stabber is seriously working on my nerves. Why is she always able to land her feet? Where is karma when you need it?.
Elias for a separated man is getting quite a bit of action. I was glad to see that at least Cardenas is working at Avon, especially when it comes to Jessica. Like it or not rules are rules and they must be followed. And yes, why is Gil still there taking up air and space?
 

Awesome recap, what a hoot! You just don't pull punches with these folks Pablo, and I love it!!
For some reason, your " paper plane that she actually thinks is an angel" tickled me the most.

I think last night was the first night that I openly chuckled at more than one scene. I didn't watch the TN with Pancho, but was familiar with the character. Even though he's over the top & not sure I could take him in large doses, just watching how Alma and Chucho were reacting to Pancho and Cande was fun to watch. Some new facial reactions from Chucho we hadn't seen before!!
Boy, Patimelt sort of went to another level last night. Guess she'll do anything to keep her Rog. Methinks her having that clip is going to be interesting.

Vero in heels doing the laundry--mind numbing. I give her two points for even thinking of doing it, but she really is clueless. She must have been one spoiled little rich girl.
There is something so wrong about Elias and Maricela. When they were sitting and she was doing that obnoxious play-acting that she does, I kept thinking, what the h*** is he attracted to as this point. She was painful to watch. Then as they cut to the bedroom I yelled "NOOOOOOO". Glad Mari played the marriage card, which hopefully put the fear of God into Elias.
Yeah...makeover!!!! Can not wait!!

Daisynjay
 

Thanks, I heard someone else say that about the paper angel and I like it. It's right, everybody sees what they wanna see in things, right?

I am glad you liked this recap too, I made a few corrections so it slides better. I had fun doing it too...
 

Great recap, Pablo! So on-the-spot and funny!

I think Gil is still there b/c his retirement was two weeks away -- and it could take forever for two weeks to pass!

I don't think Paty really did anything with the fotografo other than planting some evidence kisses on him. She made a pointed reference to sleeping pills, so I think she slipped him a Mickey.
 

Ah, thanks Blue Lass. Didn't catch that and she did that to Rog as well in the past. Clever girl....
 

Pablo, another good recap, you always catch me up on the parts I miss while surfing between the Nats, and PEAM....

Man I hope the previews aren't BS-ing me. I saw my favorite TN actress (Mayvin) Rebecca from UFCS, in the last preview.... I am glad the Nats play eary today, so I hope to see her tonight, unless they are "fibbing", again.

(Here I was wanting her to play Alma, when she will re-appear as Rebecca...I can't wait to see them face to face, so you guys can see who is the best looking, and acting between them.)

Also, I have been predicting Xochi's make-over since day one...lets see how that turns out. ( I predict she will be a Danica Patrick Clone.)

Jessy needs to stop, first she didn't want Fern, now she can't live without him.... what a joke.
(But she is still my favorite on PEAM.)

I am also thankful that the "little princessa" stayed in Monterey, and didn't make the trip to Toluca...We don't need Rebecca falling into her clutches, let Alma continue in that role.

Anon#1
 

Pablo- This was a very funny recap. I think I might have been the grinch to first referred to the paper angel and a paper airplane. :)

It was a hoot to see Pancho and Cande again, but next to those to kooky characters, Alma and Jesus look as boring as white Bimbo bread.

Lee- Anyone can act better than Blanca Soto. There's no contest there. As to who is better looking, well, both ladies are very attractive, but have very different "lukes."
 

Vivi, I agree that Soto is not a very good actress... but someone on here (either Julia or Julie) liked Soto better than Mayvin.....So lets see the two go head to head....I can't wait to see this dual. Who knows, Rebecca may fall for Jesuss, then this TN will be "on and pop-ing."
 

Thanks, Pablo. Can't wait to read this. I did enjoy seeing Pancho again, but it was weird (and funny) to see Colunga acting so subdued around him.

Lee - I'm not sure what I said before, but I've had more time to think about it now, so: Maerin is the better actress, but Blanca is prettier and has a better figure. (Maerin's legs just looked like sticks.)

However, I like the CHARACTER Blanca is playing better than Maerin's character on UFCS.
 

Thanks, Pablo. I was interrupted by a phone call during last night's show so I came to see what I missed. My favorite was "Patricia, half klepto and half on purpose, takes everything her purse can fit. God! Why didn't she ask Chatita to borrow her bra?" Speaking of which, when Vero made a face at taking the keys which had been in that infamous bra, Chatita scolded her that her hands have held worse things.

I have grown to like many of the characters on this show. I thought Alma was not warm at the beginning, but I'm very fond of her now. Fernando is my favorite character. I think the guy playing him is a good actor because he made believable many scenes otherwise unbelievable. I miss the storyline about him finding the luz. He can still be a bit of a putz, but he's trying. I am enjoying the friendship forming between him and Jesus.
 

Oh yeah!

That was sexual innuendo #2 that I forgot about! Chatita knows better!
 

Pablo--Just to read your recap takes me into another world--one simply wacky world, as if the one we're watching isn't wacky enough. Absolutely love your take on all things PEAM (and life in general) and soooo glad you signed up to be a recapper.

I'm sure Pancho was on his flamboyant best, but I didn't watch Una Fam and I don't think I could have taken too much of his philological ways.

Ay Alma, when will you stop listening to partial conversations and read Jucho's eyes. They say everything and you are certainly talking back to him with yours.

Patymelt continues to be the real reason I watch this every night. And with Rogue as her foil produce some of the best scenes in the whole tn.

Poor Vero. She wants Jucho to buy a washing machine. With what, I wonder. BTW--I think he used Chatita's credit card method to buy himself a whole suite of furniture, so I don't think he's sleeping on the floor. Remember, when Vero peeked into his bedroom, she was kind of disgusted that he slept in a single bed (I would have been, too--here was his chance to get a king-sized bed for him and Alma, neither diminutive people, to romp around in, if we ever get there).

I love that they are keeping us guessing as to who will end up with whom. They all deserve some pairing up and happiness at the end. Jess with Fer or Cardenas, Eli with Vero or Mari (Marta, hopefully is out of the picture after her What Not to Wear at the wedding), Vero with anyone except Jucho and Elias (Jucho is trying too hard to save their marrias), Chatita with Panfilo, Suzie-Q with or without Sebastian, Patymelt with Roge, Jucho with La Princesa and Sanson!
 

Yeah, I know, I left out Alma. If she doesn't recognize her Principe Azul en vivo pretty soon, she'll be left with Rogue and Avon, but not Sanson, La Princesa or Chucho.
 

Thanks, Pablo! I loved the snark about Paticakes needing Chatita's bra.

So Pato found the memory card...but wouldn't the photographer have his blackmail material backed up in multiple places? Of course, she might actually prefer that...she can look like a hero for snagging the card, yet he can still leak the secret she wants leaked.

Pancho was not my favorite character in UFCS. I'd much rather they had gone to visit Pina or Enzo, but it was still funny to watch Chucho's reactions to Pancho and Cande.

Chatita has a washing machine, right? I'm pretty sure she has her own laundry facility, in the room where she hangs her large bras to dry. I like that she let Vero flounder with trying to do the laundry, though.

I don't understand what Elias sees in Marisela, either. She's appealing in the rare moments that she's being herself, but he's never seen that...all he sees is her boorish snob act. Ugh.
 

Oh, this was good, Pablo. This show really does seem to generate its own sarcasm, doesn't it? I mean, really, who cares what time Jess shows up to work? We know she gets the same amount of work done whether she's there for one hour or eight: NONE!

I LOVED when Rogue said "I love you" to Alma at bedtime and she just rolled over and turned off the light without saying anything.

When Vero fell and hit her head I was thinking "brain injury - this can only be an improvement." Alas, she got up right away, so unless the rest of this TN turns out to be her extremely mundane, slow-moving, comatose dream, I guess she's unharmed.

Vero was funny with the phone - she didn't have her green handset and she kept moving the phone between her ear and her mouth like it was a walkie-talkie. LOL, her head's not that big!

Speaking of phones, don't kiss the glass at the prison. Ew.

Hey Bill! Where you been??
 

Julia! Good catch - I forgot about Chatita's washing machine! Oooh, sneaky Chatita!!

I'm starting to wonder where Paty's story is going. I still think she's fun to watch, but stealing money out of the paparazzo's wallet seemed a bit much. Is her problem escalating? Is she going to crash?
 

Ah Pablo, you're a scamp, lobbing all these grenades at these poor befuddled people. So much fun to read your recap. Favorite line:

"I hope his anything doesn't mean the same as Patricia's anything!"

Words to ponder. And laugh about.

Did not see this, but hope to, if only to see Vero attempt to do some actual work. Lord! that woman annoys me!

On the other hand, I have a serious Pancho allergy so must pick and choose the scenes I tap on the internet.

Thanks for keeping me hilariously up to date tho'.
 

Thanks!
The reason why I didn't watch UFCS was because I had already watched LOS SANCHEZ and did not liked it much, so I thought, why bother?
I don't like that kind of satire, or at least not when people doesn't know how to do it right...

I have watched though, one or two episodes of the UFCS rerun after midnight, but I still don't like all that people speaking at the same time!!
 

I'm still amazed that it's the same director for both PEAM and Familia. They are so different.

There were times when I found UFCS really tediously slow and melodramatic, but compared to PEAM I think the high points in Familia were higher, and the low points were lower. The characters were more "colorful," maybe.

No - you know what I think it was? Remember a while back I was saying how Paty is the most fun because she's the only character who seems totally committed to her mission, never holding back and never backing down? Well, a lot more of the characters in Familia were like that. And hardly anyone in PEAM is. Everyone is hemming and hawing and hedging their bets, going for something and then hesitating, waffling, undecided, like they're not sure what they really want. I think maybe that doesn't make for good comedy.
 

Hey Julie, Take a good look tonight (they may be stringing us along) or whenever the two are sise by side....Soto vs. Villaneuva.
From top to bottom, all things included, Villa wins hands down.


I hope Soto doesn't load up on the black eye shadow, making this contest a land slide victory for Villa. Alma seems to load up, when she is going out.
 

Yikes..just watched this. Maricela and Vero are both insufferable. Not to mention Marta. Will Elias ever attract anyone sane and not narcissistic-out-the-wazoo? Stay tuned. Must see TV.

Chucho is still acting like an Aw shucks ma'am putz. And Alma like a dolt. But at least neither of them has that über-irritating hyena laugh of Pancho's.

Okay, am I having an especially crabby day? And can't even blame it on that time of the month! Or menopause.

Riiight. Will just have to credit old age and creaky knees.
 

Villaneuva would win if she didn't have spaghetti-legs. Unacceptable! There is no hint of muscle on those calves at all. Do people carry her around from room to room to minimize the amount of exercise she gets for her legs?
 

Mercy! Spaghetti legs! Never noticed.

However, here's my take on it. If beauty were just visual, Mayrin could win. But it would be close. Soto is also gorgeous.

But here's why Soto should win.

She has a lovely voice. Somewhat low-pitched and husky. Soothing or sexy as needed.

Mayrin, alas, screeches.

Especially during times when she's trying to express strong emotion.

If we're talking long-term relationship, that voice would wear on you after a while. Trust me!
 

Julie...Quit-it, her legs aren't that bad....now she does have messed-up feet. Her toes are at right angles, but the UFCS directors hide them... When she was in ILUVJuan, you got a look at those puppies serveral times in bedroom scenes.

JudyB. Sorry you are having a crappy day, (they come to us all) just remember "tomorrow is another day".

 

Please stop it! Her legs are very good! They have supported all that weight for all those years and never broke!
 

Lee...or as the Bible says, This too shall pass".
 

JudyB....Don't get me started in that direction. "The Joy of the Lord is your Strength".

And, a former co-worker would say
"tomorrow haven't been touch"

Pablo----AMEN Brother
 

Or as Annie would sing, "the sun'll come out tomorrow."

I wouldn't mind having those spaghetti legs. It must be easier for pants shopping than my thick thighs.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Funny Pablo,

We'll probably see a worse actress than Blanca if we watch La Tempestad. Another former beauty queen Ximena Navarrette in her 1st acting role. She is even prettier than Blanca. I have absolutely no hope for that Mejia novela.
 

I think La Tempestad is going to be an absolute trainwreck, er, shipwreck, and I eagerly await the recaps and Patio chatter.
 

To continue our redhead conversation from the other day, I'm watching the news right now and they were just interviewing golfers at the ATT Classic. They just interviewed golfer Roberto Castro, who is as pale and redheaded as they come. No idea what his LatAm or Spanish roots are, but I had to laugh.
 

I have a redhaired, blue-eyed friend with a Japanese name. He's 1/4 Japanese, but doesn't look it.
 

Just looked him up. His mother is Peruvian and his father is Costa Rican. Here's his golf bio and pic: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-golf/mtt/roberto_castro_90573.html
 

We have two redheads in the family. When my cousin's wife gave birth the first, a boy, while the whole town was shocked and started doing the math (no redheads in the family, one redhead man in town), to avoid gossip, my aunt, his mother, said that it was due to a recessive gene or something, that doesn't show up very often. We don't remember other redheads in the family for more than 4 generations but once everything got cleared and safe, a few years later my cousin's wife had a little girl!
 

That's hilarious Pablo. Poor woman had to put up with the town gossip about where he child's red hair came from. She should have gone on Montel Williams, or Jerry Springer and waved the DNA test results in the townspeople's faces.
 

LOL!

Back in that time we probably didn't even know those tests existed! Remember? Is from when people used to say ''if the belly is pointy is a boy and if it is round is a girl''?
Now we do have ultrasound in 3D and everything!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder