Saturday, June 22, 2013

Porque el Amor Manda #75: Lip Locks, Thumb Locks, Locked Up and Locked In

Vero and Elias are at it again (fighting, that is.) It's a long story but I can make it short for you: Vero provokes Eli to the point that he actually draws back his fist to strike. He is appropriately horrified: "Forgive me! Forgive me! It's just that you're SO OBNOXIOUS!" Well, yeah. It seems to be doing wonders for her hair, though. I'm tempted to try it myself.

Alma comes into the office and doesn't even notice that Paty's giving Chucho a panty-shot on his desk. She's so excited! Cantu says Rogelio's getting out!  (Or maybe she's just over the moon about her Mexican Emma Peel outfit with all the yellow and zippers and yellow and stuff.) Jesus confides to Xochi that he wants Alma to be happy, but he can't stand thinking about Rogue getting down with his bad self if he's actually allowed out for a honeymoon. Now I'm confused. Is Alma actually...I mean...all of those Thursday nights...is that a COLD Jacuzzi at Rogue's house?

Fernando blows in looking like an extra in West Side Story and commences humiliating Xochi, who finally pops a cork and goes into personal defense mode. She puts him into a particularly painful arm hold and ratchets it up until he squeals. (Apparently he'd forgotten Jujitsu Xochi from the copier room. He won't forget again.) The other secretaries can be seen in the background practicing their hand grips for the next jackass they meet. Bet they won't have to go far. Fer makes some tearful goodbyes and leaves (and leaves everyone confused.)

Vero drags her suitcases into Chatitaville, where the residents are less than welcoming. In fact, they appear downright hostile considering what a jolly band they usually are. Did she do something to offend them? (Probably. I've been on the road for a couple of days, and if she's been proceeding at her usual pace she's had time to pith off everyone in Monterrey.) Chatita asks if Jesus is aware of her moving-in plans, and she has to think about it. (Honey? It's a yes-or-no question. I know you're a model, but try to concentrate.) Finally Chatita pulls the hot keys out of her megabra storage unit and lets Vero in.

Fer shows up at the jail to offer himself up as official Rivadeneira scapegoat. All he wants in return is to hear his brother say he loves him. They embrace through the bars, and clearly the only way Rogue can summon up any affection is to pretend he's kissing the dog. What a tool. Cantu gives the maniacal thumbs-up behind Fer's back. Hopefully there is a particularly karmalicious end in store for that waste of suit fabric.

Valentina wanders off while Alma and Jesus are having one of their usual bouts of unprofessional noncommunication in the office. Oh noes! Jesus runs around in a panic hollering PRINCESA! PRINCEEEEESA! because of course any lost child will respond much more quickly to a generically saccharine term of endearment than, say, her actual name. Juarever. I'm not quite sure how she manages it, but previews show that she ends up in the bodega, hoisted aloft in a shipping crate half full of nurdles. I'm having trouble getting exercised about this, but give me the weekend to try to work up a sweat.

In other news:

- Cardenas informs Don Gil that his retirement papers are ready, and he'll be cut loose in two weeks. Gil is totally friqueando about spending 24 hours a day with his wife. Surely he knew this was coming? Avon needs to spend more time on transition planning and less on hanky-panky yoga.
- Licensiada Tough Love tells Rogue he'll be released conditionally, but he'll be under house arrest. Hope they can find an ankle bracelet to match his eurotrash loafers.
- Elias comes to see Maricela at the office to whine about Vero. She throws herself at him as usual but finds herself thinking about Ricardo while they're kissing. Que horror!!! Panfilo sees them and pulls Eli aside for a little chat.
- The experience with the sweaty keys seems to have reminded Vero that she has a hygiene thing, and she decides to disinfect Chucho's place -- but clearly she's never held a mop and has no idea what she's doing. Apparently her particular brand of OCD requires codependent household staff. As my grandmother used to say, this will end in tears.

Labels:


Comments:
Blue:

Can hardly wait for your take on this epi. I so don't want Ferny to do what he is doing!
 

OK. Where do I start? This is such a mess!!

I will skip the ''yo' mama'' jokes because they were very uncalled for.

1- If I had something to do with the real Avon Company, and I mean somebody who has worked hard to keep it going and place it where it is right now, I think I wouldn't like to see what this people are doing to my product. I don't know who in Avon is allowing any stupid person who comes and asks for the use of the brand and to go ahead saying yes. Avon don't need this kind of publicity.

2- Jesús would make a good detective. He likes to follow everybody around asking questions. Why this time he didn't run after Fernando? He said good-bye like he was going to commit suicide again, why nobody paid attention to him this time and let him go unsupervised?
3- What is the point of leaving work to pick up the girl and then bring her back to work? Why not go home once and for all?

Guess what it is:
There's one in each TN. In CdL was Amairani, in PESE one of the three girls, in QBA is Lina Santos and here is Laura Denisse. Has anybody seen one in CI or AV?

Trivia:
I can see more of the TN during the previews than in the whole episodes!!
 

I found Vero the most obnoxious of them all deciding to just move in with Jesús. If he wimps out on this he gets what he deserves--again and again.

Jarifa
 

Blue Lass, Thanks for your compact but completely entertaining recap.
Pablo, I would play your game but haven't seen enough of these novelas.

Jarifa
 

Blue Lass...most entertaining.

"Mexican Emma Peel outfit",

"megabra storage unit" and

Licenciada Tough Love"

were particular favorites, as was your dismissal of Princessa (yes it DOES get cloying) as a dopey way to go looking for a lost child. Alas, my vestigial maternal hormones go ballistic any time I see that child in any kind of danger (it's just a story, just a story...and a comedy at that!) but what can I say...hormones are phenomenally stupid.

Enjoyed seeing the natural hostility towards Vero. If the lawyer is a waste of a good suit, she's a total waste of her lovely wardrobe, hair and bod. Of course I'm sure the actual actress is a lovely person. But the character! UGH!

Liking Xochi better every day. Marta may be BSC but she seems to have started Xochi on the path to Assertiveness.
 

Man O Man, I hope nothing happens to the little princessa....If she is not found safe and sound, we will need a contingent of Grief Conselors in Monterey, Columbus, Syracuse, Delaware, Maryland, D.C. and Northern,VA (not Richmond).


Ya'll know I am just playing...right? right?

Anon#1
 

Blue Lass., thank you for the compact version.
The mega bra storage unit had me rolling on the floor.
I don't know where to begin- you do nothing for years and you are entitled to retire. It must be nice, Gil.
Marisela has time to kiss on the job, Jesus can leave and pick up Val and bring her back. As I have said before I want a job at Avon.
 

Blue:

Thanks for this most marvelous recap, I always look forward to them, so funny!

I too liked your reference to the Emma Peele dress, and the bra storage unit, lol.

I thought Vero would hurl when Chatita dug those keys out of her bra, lol. I also liked that Chatita looked like she'd faint when she heard that Vero was wanting to move in with Chucho and people had to stop her from falling, lol. She reminded me of Sanford and his "I'm coming Elisabeth line", lol.

I do not like what Ferny is doing. After the way Rogue treated him, I wouldn't want to be nice to him at all. I too like the fact that Rogue now has to wear a braclet on his ankle. I wonder where Malvino is? We haven't seen him in some time.

Poor Valentina! I so don't want anything bad happening to her. I wonder what she was doing down in the warehouse?

Go Xochi! I am really liking the fact that she has stopped screeching and now is doing!!!! I really like the handhold she put on Ferny, good for her! Julio was so impressed, lol.

Can't wait for Monday, to see what happens to Val, like Judy, I am anxious about her!

Pablo:

I have tried, most of the afternoon to figure out this puzzle you gave! One is a beauty queen, one is a friend of Carmen Salinas, so what do they have in common for these TN's. You have to let us know ; )
 

Oh, it is something they have in common (or maybe is due to overstock in the Hair department):
Bright fire engine hair!

They stand out because that red is something you don't see everyday on the streets, so I am guessing, since I didn't see any product placement like Garnier or Clairol, that is something the colorists do as a joke. They have one red head in every TN...

;-)
 

Yikes...I would never have figured out that one Pablo. In part, because I hadn't seen a lot of those TNs, and blush blush because half the time I don't remember the names so just putting the initials is like an unbreakable code for me.

Give me a good ol' Alborada or Amor Real...those I can remember.

And yeah, Lee, we know you're kidding. And that it cracks you up to see how we nurturing females wring our hands over that adorable Valentina, but so it is. Can't help the DNA old buddy.
 

Pablo:

How clever! Yes, there is one in Amores Verdaderos, Paula, Frankie and Betty's Mama, she has red hair, lol. Now for every TN I watch I will have to be on the lookout for a red head. In UFCS, the character of Monica started out with dark hair and ended up with red hair, lol.
 

Thanks, Blue. I can't wait to read this, cuz I haven't seen the episode yet...

Looking through the comments, I see we're talking about the bright red hair again. The first time I remember this topic coming up was... umm... during Destilando, I think. Beckster called that color "Baboon Butt Red." I really don't understand why they keep using this freaky color. I think it's supposed to be a shortcut to establish that a character is "colorful" and sassy just in case her behavior isn't a dead giveaway.

Then again, not having seen this episode yet, maybe I'm not thinking of the same color red.
 

I never could figure out the bright red hair on Aime in Corazon Salvaje -- she and Regina were supposed to be twins, right? And it was a historical drama, without Avon products, right? But now I know -- it's telenovela law. Enough said
 

And she certainly was trashy, I mean, sassy.
 

Mads- Paula in AV does not have the bright red/orange/or fuchsia hair we're talking about here. Her hair is a very natural looking reddish brown. The other "lukes" look nothing like what occurs in nature (or rarely). Iliana in Amor Bravio had bright reddish-orange hair (along the natural spectrum, but rare), which made her blue eyes and fair skin stand out more. It's the same color Chatita's neighbor is sporting.

The color that Monica 2.0 had in Familia was ridiculous. That was more fuchsia.

Funny thing is, one of only three natural redheads I’m friends with is Mexican. So it happens. Isn't the redheaded boxer, Canela, Mexican?

 

Blue Lass- Thanks for giving us such a breezy and funny recap of this episode. The fewer words used to describe the happenings, the better.

I was surprised that they showed Vero packing more than one magical suitcase for all her clothing. Of course, in telenovela world 3 suitcases equals 10 suitcases in the real world, and Vero should be looked at as an unreasonable clothes whore. In the real world, three suitcases is perfectly normal if you're moving someplace else long term.

I need this tn to throw me a bone with something good happening. We used to have Fer and Discua. Something good is happening with Xochi and Julio, and I think it's supposed to be some sort of surprise (she's probably entering Mexican Idol or something), but I need it to move more to the forefront to keep me interested in this tn. Our two leads are doing nada, zip, zero, to hold my interest in their storyline.

 

Blue Lass, thank you for the upbeat and entertaining recap. Chuckling over your numerous witticisms, a cup of hot tea, a lovely morning outside...what a great way to start a Sunday.

Vivi, interesting comment about our two leads. They were always very boring, but it seems nothing is happening to progress their plot line. Their story has become very stagnant. ITA that with Discua gone the action has become mired. Something needs to kick start this story pronto. At least we here at Caray Caray have the best recappers EVER to keep us entertained. I am very grateful for that.
 

Vivi:

You are right about Paula. I didn't realize it was that funky, fakey red that Pablo was talking about. I will have to keep an eye out, cause we haven't seen that on AV yet ; )
 

Ugh. The leads are ALWAYS boring. The only ones I liked were Silvia Navarro and Juan Soler in CUANDO, and I came in after he quit acting like a jerk.

How lucky we are to have Rogue and Paty, though -- the perfect anti-pareja!
 

Blue Lass- Now you made me want to watch some fave scenes from CME!

Renata and Jeronimo certainly were not a boring couple. They were fiery and dynamic, both when they were apart and when they were together, or something in between, like this scene below. They had epic fights and fun make-ups. They didn't just let things happen to them like Jesus and Alma, even if they many times made wrongheaded decisions. Remember this scene after the grape stomping, when they pretended to be together for her father, and Renata got drunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzk_CpY-tAY

 

And this R&J scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRWnjDPz14

They were a fun couple.
 

Blue Lass this was wonderful. I also loved your Emma Peel reference.

For me the story is stagnating particularly because bad seems to be winning out. And Chucho and Alma's lack of zeal about their love is also annoying.

I did enjoy Xochi forcing Fer to his knees. He needs Discua back. It will be interesting to see how Fer reacts when he finds out how is weenie of a brother has lied to him.

Why do the writers think its OK to put poor Dona Susana with creepy, icky Sebastian?
 

OK, I saw the redhead (the neighborhood lady who's always around but doesn't usually say much). Has her hair been that color this whole time?

(I don't always watch on the same TV, and the colors aren't exactly the same on every TV, so I don't know if it's a brand new color for her if I just wasn't able to see the red before!)
 

Thanks, Chica Azul!

Vero is the worst. How many times has Juicy told her he's just not feelin' it? And she decides to move in? I can't see this going anywhere good; she is not sane.

On the other hand, I appreciate that this show at least gives us a reason for the galán to put up with the annoying crazy woman who's after him. He's afraid of losing contact with his daughter. In a lot of shows, the guy just lets the nutcase hang around for no reason whatsoever.

The best part was Xochi dropping Fer to the floor like it was nuthin'.

I think the woman's hair has always been that color, but she's usually farther in the background so it isn't so noticeable. For awhile, a few years ago, there was a real plague of very unnaturally red hair in telenovelas. We called the shade "Televisa Red" and surmised the hair department must have gotten a great deal on a truckload of it.
 

Xochi probably should have taught Fernando some of her self-defense moves. Isn't he going to jail?
 

OMG, yes -- Fer's going to Topo Chico. Everyone was all, "Topo Chico?" "SI, Topo Chico." I guess it's scary.
 

Topo Chico??? The mineral water I'm drinking is called Topo Chico. Label says it's from Monterrey. I wonder if it's bottled at a prison (hee)?
 

Oh Vivi! I'm missing me some Cuando right now.
 

I googled the Topo Chico prison, and it looks scary indeed. Fernando SHOULD be worried.
 

Topo Chico is the name of a mountain in Monterrey. Although the idea of prisoners bottling water is kind of funny, both the water and the prison are named after the landmark. :)
 

My poor, sweet, sad Fernando. Lo adoro. I'm so worried!
 

Thanks for the CME clips, Vivi -- what fun! I loved when he called her complicated dress fastening "un matapasiones."

-- Blue Lass
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder