Saturday, August 10, 2013

PEAM #109- 8/9/13: What Time Is It? Time for Barbara to Exit Stage Left, Mari to Tell The Truth, Vero and Roger to Pull Plan B, That's What Time It Is!



 

Hola PEAM Peeps! I am going to try and make this a down and dirty recap, in other words, I tend to be wordy and let's see how brief I can be. This recap, of course, will not be in order.


The Refried:
We had the refried again, as in Mari must tell the truth, Alma calls Chucho for a date later, Xochi talks to Chatita, who informs her there is no answer at her apartment, cause she was going to visit Barbara. Oh, and Vero meets Roger (her name for Rogue) at a restaurant where they will hatch new mis planes!


The New:
Chucho is at Orion at work and thinks about what Aida said about Auggie (Augusto) not liking anyone's personal life, it's work, work and more work. In comes Vicky, Auggie's secretary and she is sliming herself all over Chucho. He is trying very hard to ignore her. She is getting into his personal space like white on rice, jus' sayin'. She has come in to tell him he must go to the conference room for a meeting.

Vero and Roger are going to ally themselves against Chucho since they hate his guts! Vero gets all over Roger's case about putting Val in danger with that stupid plan he had, well Roger is all pithed cause Alma almost lost her life too! Roger tells her that of course Chucho saved the day once again, Alma and Chucho are better than eva, and well Vero has a plan to maybe do something about that! Using Val of course, what else is new? Here is plan B: Leave it to Vero, and Roger will get what he wants. She'll use Valentina to get what she wants out of Chucho. They both lustily growl at each other. A Pox on the two of them!

Romegio is enthusiastically greeting people at Avon and tipping his hat. Gasper has to tell him to cool it!


Alma is in her office and remembers that rant of Rogue's. Patymelt comes in to see Alma. She is in gloom, despair and agony, oh, noes! She explains to Alma that Rogue is her whole life, gasp, who knew! Patymelt feels so empty inside. Alma tells her to think about doing something for herself for a change and to look to the future and finally to be responsible. Patymelt cheers up and gives Alma a hug, and turns to leave, but comes back and gives Alma another big hug and thanks her for being the Angel in her life and for her friendship, awwww....... There is hope for Patymelt yet! As Patymelt leaves, she sees Elias waiting to see Alma and she greets him and thinks to herself what a bon bon he is. Patymelt apologizes to him for holding Alma up and she is flirting with him. Xochi sees this, clears her throat and gives Elias his coffee and Paty leaves.

Xochi, after Chatita said there was no answer at Xochi's apartment, has called Cosmi the building super to give Chatita a hand, so Cosmi comes with the keys to the apartment and opens the door. Chatita goes in and sees Barbara lying on the floor. We'll get back to them in a tick.

Meanwhile, there is a meeting at Orion, with Auggie, who is blustering about the competion again. There is a guy there, the actor is Paul Stanley for those of you that watched Refugio he was Aldo the wanna be improsario! Anyhoo, he gets a call on his cell, which sets Auggie off, he cannot abide cell phones and makes the guy leave. The whole purpose of this meeting is for the staff to meet Chucho and to tell them his VP status and Chucho gets up to make a speech to work as a team. Noone looks happy. Auggie then puts his two cents in and reminds Chucho he hired him to crush the competiton and that would be Alma Montemayor. Everyone claps at that, and Chucho so isn't happy. Later, Chucho is in the rest room when that cell phone guy comes in and witches that he wanted that positon that Chucho has, after all Chucho was just an assistant to Alma at Avon and how again, did he get this plum VP positon?? This guy has been there alot longer and has worked, okie, dokie then and the last guy had the job for two weeks, he gives Chucho a week Bay Bee (thanks Blue!)  Let me just say, the guy is wearing a seventies reddish, brown leisure suit with sunglasses to boot. Hmmmm....... Doesn't look like VP material to me. Later, Aida is caught reading a book, and she is all embarrassed, but it's romantic it seems. I think Ana Karenina was mentioned, please correct if I'm wrong. Aida says she has an impossible love, Ruh Roh, could it be Chucho?

Alma calls Xochi and tells her to set up the conference room for Elias' presentation. Alma, Elias and Xochi are in the conference room for the presentation and Elias wonders if they shouldn't be waiting for Rogue. Nah, the heck with him, they start. Alma is impressed with Elias' presentation and Xochi is all kinds of worried about her Mama cause she hasn't heard from Chatita!

Cantu and Rogue have gone off somewhere, looks like a hotel, and Rogue is thinking about his meeting with Virus (My new name for Vero) when Cantu tells him to think about that money Yuri, Malvino and the henchie are gonna get. They go into the room and meet Nick Donavan, their new money connection in the U.S. Nick is a cigarello smokin' man. Rogue can't stand the smoke. Anyhoo, they speak in English for one hot minute and Nick tells him he's got a million dollars for him and can he trust him. Oh sure, he can trust ole Roguey! Nick warns Rogue he doesn't like traitors and he needs some uh, female companionship. Well Rogue has just the thing for him. Rogue will take care of it and I don't think it will be Alejandra this time. I think it is his part of Plan B.

Back to Xochi's apartment where we left Chatita and Cosmi checking on Barb. Chatita sees Barb on the floor and Cosmi checks to see if Barb is breathing, he can't tell. Chatita calls the paramedics. The paramedics arrive and inform Chatita and Cosmi that Barb is dead as a door nail, well, not that, but dead! The police have arrived too and Chatita tries to call Xochi, but since she isn't at her desk there is no answer. The cops question Chatita about why she is there and she tells them Barb was her client, as in Avon client. We'll come back to this again.

Meanwhile, Val has skyped Chucho at work and they are very happy talking to each other. She tells Chucho she is doing well, after all the angst the day before. He wants to know if Elias is there, no but Minerva and Virus are. He sends her big hugs and nothing will seperate them, but they didn't count on ole Virus who tells Val no more talking to Chucho, eva, and she slams that computer shut and takes it. Valentina is so very upset! Virus tells Val to be quiet and she doesn't understand why , but this just has to be y punto! I hate this Virus. Does anyone have an antibacterial wipe we can use to wipe this woman out? Have I ever said how much I detest this woman? Well, Chucho doesn't take this lying down and calls Virus right away to give her a piece of his mind, and tells her to stop using Val to get her revenge, did she listen? Nah, not so much. Virus tells Chucho next time he tries to see, talk, or think, nah, not think, but she would have, she will call the cops y punto. He is neva gonna see Val again, she'll make sure of it! Have I mentioned lately how I detest this Virus? Where is that antibacterial wipe? Chucho calls Elias.

Xochi, Alma and Elias are still in the conference room when Chucho calls and tells Elias everything that Virus said to him. Elias says he'll take care of it.

Xochi calls Chatita, finally and Chatita has to tell her, her Mama is dead. Ferny happens to be by her side as she gets this call and she loses it and cries. Alma comes too and hugs her. Alma tells Xochi about her Mama and that she died too and Elias is even there. Xochi is crying very hard and Ferny is going to take her home.

It's truth time for Mari to tell Rico Suave who she really is. She tries to tell him in his little office he shares with the others, they aren't there, but Panfilo comes in and sees what Mari is about to do and hopes she tells the truth. Panfilo introduces himself to Rico Suave (Ricardo) and Mari thinks to herself could they be future SIL AND FIL, hmmmm...... Mari has left again, not being able to tell the truth. Anyhoo, Mari is down in the garage, when Rico Suave corners her and wants to know what is so important? What time is it? Time for Mari to tell the truth, she tells him she likes him, he is romantic and when the time to tell the truth comes? Another interruption! This time it is Alma calling Mari to come up, she needs her. So sorry Rico Suave, maybe there will be time later, and she goes.

Chucho is in his office when Auggie comes in again to remind Chucho, who is trying to talk to Alma, that time is money. Chucho gets off the phone with Alma. Auggie also reminds Chucho no personal time at work. Vicky is still trying to slime herself all over Chucho and leaves him a sticky pad with her number, call anytime! Aida reminds her that Chucho is taken. Vicky doesn't give a no never mind about that. As she leaves, she is so ditzy she can hardly open the door. Aida rolls her eyes.

Xochi talks to Chucho by phone and he is so very sorry for her, he'll do all he can to help her. Now the morgue attendants are about to take Barb's body away, and the cops tell Xochi they will do an autopsy to find out how Barb died and then the body will be released and has she got any idea about a funeral home? Xochi is crying and can't help but feel riddled with guilt that she didn't listen to her Mama when she said she wasn't feeling well. Ferny and Chatita tell Xochi not to feel guilty, it really wasn't her fault. Chatita tells Xochi that her Mama is now in heaven. Alma and all the secretaries come to Xochi's and there is one big hug and lots of support as Xochi cries.

Elias has come to Virus' house, it is her house now as she reminds Elias of this, to give her crap about what she said to Chucho. Elias promises she will not be getting away with this crap. Elias goes in the house and Val runs to him crying. He gives her a huge hug. Elias is with Val in her bedroom and calls Chucho and gives the phone to Val. Ha! Val is so happy to be talking to her Papa Chucho. Papa Elias will help them to see each other. She wants more of the story of the Queen and the Helper. Well everything is well with them. He tells Val not to worry and gets off the phone. Elias tucks Val in and tells her to get some rest and to go beddy bye, cause it is Wikin, Blikin and Nod time!

Chucho and Aida are busy working and Chucho wants to call it a night. Aida reminds him how tough Auggie is, as in work, work and more work, in other words very little time off, when speak of the devil, it is time to get to work, cause they got an emergency! Poor Chucho he went out of the fire into the frying pan.

Meanwhile, Alma is at home, all dressed up in a red dress, with a beautifully set table, thinking about Chucho and those hawt kisses and is waiting for him to come and have dinner and maybe much more! Pobrecita! Here we end this epi!


Avances:

Rogue and Alma fight.

Rogue gives Alejandra money and this will be a set up. Tune in Este Lunes to find out what else happens. Must see TV.

Labels:


Comments:
The recap is up Y'all please enjoy, if I have made a mistake or got something wrong please let me know ; )
 

Madeleine, thank you for the wonderful entertainment to go along with my coffee this a.m. Wow, if only we could use a wipe to get rid of Virus. Very funny!

It was so satisfying seeing Rogelio being intimidated by the new thug on the block Nick.

Chatita finding Barb's body gives a whole new meaning to "Avon calling." Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I liked Vicky telling Jesus she isn't the jealous type.

I have to admit I like don Augusto's policy on cell phones.

I wonder how long Jesus will last at Orion where Alma is the enemy.

Just sitting here thinking how much the writers stuffed in to this ONE day at Avon/Orion. If it were reality all of their heads would have exploded by now. (Figuratively speaking of course)

Jarifa
 

MADS...you're so good at languages, and what delights me most is your very colorful Mads-type English. As in...

"We'll get back to them in a tick."

and

"Vicky doesn't give a no never mind about that."

You are someone I'd love to have coffee with every day of the week!...so funny.

Also love your new "apodo" for Veronica--Virus. But antibacterial wipes aren't strong enough for this despicable witch. How about weed killer? Maybe some good old-fashioned DDT if we can find it. Loathe the character as she's now being written. Ugh.
 

Ha ha, thanks, Mads. Vicky sure IS on him like white on rice -- and he's doing a marvelous job of ignoring her.

I love these gringo thugs. Nick is a kick.

I also loved the way Elvis kept calling Chucho "baby" in the bathroom -- you know how long the last VP was here? Two weeks! I give you one week, BAY-BEE...

Blue Lass
 

Madelaine....thanks for interpreting the many phrases I miss...and with lots of laughs along the way!!

Our new bad guy is Nick Donavan eh? Donavan is An Irish name. Must be black Irish.

Gertie
 

Mads- Thanks so much for this fun recap. My cable went out in the middle of the board room scene, so I had just enough time to chuckle at and scratch my head over seeing Paul Stanley dressed as Elvis in the Orion meeting. QTH?!

I really hope Xochi doesn't feel guilty about Barb dying. I guess we won't see giddily happy Xochi in a while.

I can't even speak about Vero. I am ashamed that she shares the same name with my mom.
 

Good Afternoon Y'all and thanks for all your kind words.

Jarifa:

Darn I wish I had thought of Avon Calling, lol. That is so perfect! Maybe I can use it in a future recap, if I may? I too wonder how long Chucho can see Alma as the enemy work wise?

JudyB:

Ah, the phrases I use, lol. I call them Texisms (Texas sayings) but I am very sure they are Southern Sayings as I have heard them all over the South, I have lived in Texas and Louisiana and Mississippi. I love these old timey sayings like, "Shut the front door,(insert ladies name here)", "That dog don't hunt", "Pay them no never mind", etc. I wish I could have coffee with you too. It would be a blast, I would have you in stitches, lol.
 

Blue:

We've missed you this past week. I too am liking Elvis, lol, and Paul Stanley is a hoot! Thanks for what I missed.

Gertie:

They sure are using stereotypes here aren't they. I am assuming that Yuri was supposed to be a Russian Mafioso and now we have the Irish Mafioso, and you are right, he must be Black Irish, but I am liking his Spanish way more than Yuri's even though I could understand Yuri too, lol. Nick is slick indeed.

Vivi:

I am with you about Xochi. I don't want her to feel guilty at all, poor thing. Her Mama Barb cried Peter and the Wolf once too often. I wonder if we will find out from the autopsy why Barb died. I really wonder if she had a bad heart and that Doc missed it? Oh, Vivi, I don't blame you about Vero's name. That's why I call her Virus now, cause like you, I have a very dear friend named Veronica, and this one here in this TN so doesn't deserve to be a Veronica!
 

Mads, great recap. I too love the gringo thugs. They are so inept. My guess is the cartel thugs would be much more efficient and violent. Looks like more work will get done at Orion than ever gets done at Avon. Thanks for the recap. Look forward to it all the time as it really helps with my Spanish comprehension. Sami
 

Madelaine, "Avon calling" is all yours!! I am glad I provided you with a laugh for once.

Jarifa
 

Thanks Mads, this was a hoot. i love "Virus". It suits her so much more. Love the idea of using wipes on her. She has become insufferable.

I like the new thugs -- but rogue better watch out for them. They look smarter than Yuri and his crew.

Poor Xochi. I hope she won't feel too much guilt over her mother and I sure hope she doesn't reject Fernando out of guilt. I wonder what the autopsy will show.

I wish Marisela would just get on with her confession -- but it was funny watching her approach Ricardo & then run.

Vickie is very funny -- especially when she said that she doesn't mind that Jésus has a novia because she (Vicky) isn't the jealous type. The actress looks so familiar. Where have I seen her before?

Güera



 

Madelaine that for your recap. Wow, I didn't think Barb would be exiting this TN. It's unfortunate the writers will probably use this to drive Xochi and Fer apart; I hope not.

And I loved your new name, Virus. I'm sure many of us have friends and loved ones with her real name and there is no reason to continue to sully it as her character is.
 

Great recap Madelaine!

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but I am not shedding tears for Barb. I do feel bad for Xochi though, as kind as she is, she will be blaming herself for her mother's death, true or not. I can see this maybe causing a problem in her relationship with Fern. Let's hope not. He is being very supportive. I feel sorry for Alma, all dressed up and she will be sitting around with cold food while she waits for Chooch. Can't really blame Agosto. He is paying Chooch big bucks, and he wants results. He is working just as late as Chooch is, so he is not asking him to do anymore than he would do, problem is Agosto has no life outside work. Aida, also has no life. I would rather see her with Elias than Pato. Pato is nice but rather vulgar. Poor Elias is not getting any nookie since the split with Virus. He is a fairly young man with needs. Pato is looking good to him, but I think this would be a bad move. Aida would be better. Maybe she could quit her job, and stay home. She can't have a partner and work the hours she has right now.
 

Noticed the newer opening credits were back with Discua. Was thinking Xoch might break it off with Fern because of guilt and then Discua comes back into the picture.

Hope Aida's not-to-be love isn't Jesus. I don't get that impression, though.

Vero should be horsewhipped.
 

Wonderful recap, Madelaine.
I love Vero's new name Virus. It's so appropriate.
I feel bad for Xochy but I am with the camp that hopes that she doesn't go off on the deep end with guilt over Barbara's death.
 

Love the recap, love the new Virus moniker, love the Gringo thugs, love Vicki's skanky ways, and really loved how Fernando stepped in to hug and comfort Xochi rather than go all awkward. He really cares for her so she should pull herself together, get a great new outfit for the funeral and just walk forward with Fernando at her side.
 

Hello Mads, thanks for the hilarious recap. My favorite parts were you wanting to get rid of Vero with her antibacterial wipes. She is a disease if there ever was one. Gah, she is loathesome.

Poor Xochi, but I think she will be better off without clingfilm Barbara. That woman had issues. I like Cheryl's version of Xochi's near-future.
 

I'm just catching up on recaps now and I feel badly that I missed my chance to comment on Pablo's and TJ's recaps. Well, at least I'm catching Madelaine's!

Seriously, things are picking up a bit, aren't they? The Yuri crisis is over (at least for now) and Chucho is dealing with his new job and oh yeah, Xochi's vicious parasite of a mother is dead!!

I don't know if Barbara really had a heart condition or not, but I do know that when you're experiencing as much distress as Barbara kept claiming, you should call an AMBULANCE. Not your daughter.
 

Nanette - good catch on seeing Discua in the credits. That went right over my head!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder