Thursday, August 29, 2013

PEAM #123-8/29/13-It Wasn't Me It Was The One Armed Man-Round 2

The past:

Chatita and her potty pot are at home blaming herself for losing Panfilo.  She has to think of something to rock Panfilo’s world.

Rogue has a nightmare that Moronica serves up a roasted Sanson. Rogue was relieved that it was only a nightmare.
Alma wants to call Jesus but he surprises her with tulips and an apology. Ahhh, he’s Alma’s super hero.  Jesus justifies to Alma why he is giving Marta another chance.  He shares his overflowing plate of tasks with Alma, but he had to see her.

Pati gets ready to get out of the car and bids Elais goodnight after their first kiss.
The present:
Paty the Klepto arrives and interrupts the lovebirds.  Paty would have sent a text or called if she knew that Alma was going to busy.  It’s okay; Jesus has to get back to work.  Alma asks Paty about her new job but they will talk tomorrow.  Alma goes to bed and Paty looks over her stolen goods. She declares that she needs immediate help, ya think?

Jesus has trouble sleeping and drinking his tea, so he works, dozes off and the alarm rings just as he gets a good snooze.
The next morning- Moronica calls Val to get ready for the DNA test. Val, Sanson and the krazy glue go into Rogue’s room.  What should I stick it to him with????  She puts the glue on his toothbrush.  This should be hilarious.  Val and Sanson sneak out of the room of a feigning sleep Rogue.  Round 2.  He goes straight to the bathroom and brushes his teeth.  Happy to find “toothpaste” on his brush.  How thoughtful.

An impatient Vero, asks-Val, where was she?? In the bathroom, right Sanson.  Meanwhile- Rogue’s hand is stuck to the toothbrush.  Rogue arrives to work with the toothbrush behind his back.

Chatita couldn’t tell Jesus abut Panfilo.  She just loves that cricket face man.  Jesus left in a hurry.

At the clinic- Jesus, Elais and Val are there. Val is a little nervous becaseu she will have to be pricked for some blood.  Papa Jesus will be there so everything will be okay.   

Susana calls Rogue and sticky Rogue can’t come to the phone.  He knows that Val is behind it. Val and Vero will hear about this.

At the lovebird’s nest- Ferny left an empty roll of toilet paper.  Don’t you just hate that???  Xochy shows Ferny how to change the toilet paper.   On the TV is an exercise commercial featuring Discua.  Ferny and Xochy don’t see the commercial yet.  Both Elisa and Jesus would like to strangle Vero, but the lawyer reminds them of how much jail time they will have to serve if they complete that task.

Now that annoying man, Saturnino from the bank is now a taxi driver and will drive Chatita wherever she needs to go.  He is trying to apologize to her. How many jobs has this man had in a matter of weeks?

Paty is telling Alma about the kiss with Elias and that it was a little desperate, a little strange and that she likes Elias and Rogue walks in at the precise time.  He looks a little ill.

The finalists for the contest are Orion and Avon.  If Orion loses, Jesus’ position will be lowered, I guess to secretary??  If you lower my position, I’ll resign, says Jesus.  Augusto tries to hold the contract against him but Jesus read the contract well and he will not be threatened.  I’m ignoring Mal-kiddy, right now.  Rogue lets Alma know that they are finalists.  Paty and Alma wonder what is Rogue hiding behind his back?  Paty thinks that Rogue is a little jealous and Alma tells her to have some dignity.

Cardenas is ordering 8 tickets from Puerto Rico.  $4 thousand dollars.  Jessica hopes that the vaccine works, so that they can kiss.  “La Vida Es Un Carnival” by Celia Cruz- pop up invitations are ready for the wedding this Saturday.

Jesus wants Julio to think first and not worry Alma about his health.

Why is Mal-kiddy at Avon? He is happily greeted by Remegio and is rude as usual.  The guards ask him for id and he insults them.  Mal-kiddy tries to be rude to Chatita who insults him.  Where is her chamber pot?? She then gets on Saturnino for not defending her.  Mal-kiddy goes into to see Rogue unannounced.  He is so uncouth. Mal-kiddy came to plan against Jesus and sees Rogue’s toothbrush hand.  If Orion loses the contest Jesus goes.

Susana and Panfi are shooting the breeze when Chatita and Saturnino walk in.  Yes, Saturnino is Chatita’s boyfriend. Chatita introduces Saturnino to Alma and then confesses that he is not really her boyfriend.  Saturnino tries to let the ladies know that he is gay. Panfilo wants to know how did Chatita acquire a boyfriend so fast.  He is going to check it out.  Susana is not too happy.

Jesus speaks to his lawyer about helping Dr. Loca.  Her crimes have to be reported and Jesus needs to tell where she is or he can be charged as an accomplice.  The lawyer warns Jesus to be careful.  Jesus asks the lawyer to defend Marta.  The lawyer says but that is the same woman who kidnapped your child and tried to kill her.  She is sick and alone and needs help. The lawyer agrees because he is going to get paid.

Alma calls to check up on Jesus.  She lets Jesus know that mal-kiddy came to see Rogue and that couldn’t mean anything good.  Thanks for the tip, Alma.  Kiss, kiss.
  
Marisela is organizing a bachelor/bachelorette party/ dance for Jessica and Cárdenas an everyone is going including Ricardo. Hmm.  Fernando is planning something too, that he won't tell Xochy about.
Val compliments Sanson for being a good accomplice. And ask if he wants to see if the glue stuck and Rogue bursts into the room and yells, of course it stuck. Uh oh.

At the hospital charges are brought against Dr. Loca by Agent Torres.  Jesus can help her but he can’t cover up for her.  His lawyer will represent her.  The charges are kidnapping, and attempted homicide.

Coming attractions;
The war heats up between Val and Rogue.
We find out that Jesus’ health problems are being caused by Mal-kid poisoning him

Labels:


Comments:
Good evening all,

This was a quickie tonight. There was very little substance and lots of silliness.If I missed anything please do not hesitate to fill in. I wasn't sure if Ferny was planning a surprise for Xochy, their exchange was strange.
 

TJ:

Thanks so much for this very marvelous recap.

Best part of the epi was Valentina sticking that super glue on Royer's toothbrush and calling him Royer, lol. I think there is going to be a little war going on with Royer and Val.

TJ: I liked your little aside about the chamber pot and Chatita. I too wish she'd had it to hit Mal-Kiddy with. He is beyond rude. I am so glad Alma saw him and called Chucho right away, now he knows just how far Mal-kiddy will go. I don't like this storyline either will Mal-kiddy putting stuff in Chucho's coffee.

Panfilo should talk. He got Susanna really quick too. I like how Chatita kept calling Saturnino, Pluto and Venus, lol. I hope Chatita keeps up the charade. Panfilo was just so upset! lol.

Loved that wedding invitation that Jessie had made up. I like her dancing and Cardy opening and closing the card. Can't wait for their wedding.

The toilet paper thingy was funny too. I'm with you TJ, I hate when that happens. Mr. Mads got a lecture about it from me once, lol.

I'm glad Chucho went to Delia. He has enough problems already, but this woman seems to be the only cop in Monterrey! I do like the way she works though. She always gets her man! Thanks again TJ.
 

I'm even more convinced than before that Discua and Marta are the same person!
 

Thanks, TJ. I'm too tired to stay up and watch this tonight, so I extra-appreciate your recap.

Chatita - "She has to think of something to rock Panfilo’s world." Yeah - she could try being nice to him. That would certainly throw him for a loop!

I like Saturnino for Chatita, though. I don't know why. If their paths keep crossing then that means either he's stalking her or Fate is determined to for them to be together. Though I suppose it could be a problem if Saturnino is gay!

Poison? Really? OK, I'm ready for Malqui to get his anvil TODAY.

Speaking of bad news, if the DNA test does confirm Chucho's paternity, I wonder if the fact that he's helping Marta could give Vero some ammo against him in trying to prove that he's an unfit father. He's protecting the woman who kidnapped their child! (I forget - does Vero know that Rogue had a lot to do with Vale's second kidnapping?)
 

TJ: I think the editing was off on that scene with Xochi and Fern in the office.

Flaco and I were just talking about Descua today. I said I hoped she wouldn't be back to come between X and F and he didn't think she would be back but if it happened, she wouldn't be a threat because he really loved X. This new, sexier Descua might lead him astray especially since X's and F's romance is so new.

Nanette
 

Tablet Jefa, Thanks so much for the quick and witty recap. There really is not a lot of substance this week but you found some humor under the rocks for us. Valentina and Rogere are well matched emotional age-wise but Val will win I am betting. I am hoping Descua doesn't come off the screen to ruin Fernando and Xochi's nicely deepening relationship.
 

Tablet Jefa, thank you for your excellent recap. This is certainly a case where the recap is far superior to the episode that just seemed to ramble all over the place.

I liked Jesus holding his own with Augusto re the contract.

Jarifa
 

Thanks TJ. Loved the recap and was especially grateful for your
"I'm ignoring Mal-kiddy right now."

Amen to that. I walk out of the room now when he's on the screen. Just unbearable.

On the other hand, relished every moment of Valentina sneaking into the bathroom (even Rogue pretending to be asleep...he's a great comic actor) and the subsequent silliness trying to pry his hand loose etc.

The show picks up for me when these two get screen time with each other. And I enjoy the Pati/Elias scenes as well. Otherwise, it's a wash!
 

Thanks TJ. Well done, with a so so episode.

I agree with you all that my fave scenes are the ones with Rogue and Val. Eric/Rogue looks like he's having a ball in these scenes with the little actress, and she's having fun too.

I wonder what Pati is feeling for Elias. I don't think the kiss worked because she was feeling super guilty about all the stuff she just stole, and he was still angry and hurt by what Vero had just said to him about not being able to have kids. Hence the desperation on both their parts that came through in the kiss.

Hey, I just thought of something as I wrote that...Pati might not be able to have kids either. We know she tried for a long time to get pregnant by Rogue, and it didn't work.

I think Fer might be planning to propose to Xochi at the despedida dance party. Remember a bunch of episodes ago, we saw him looking up engagement rings online. I wonder if they'll keep teasing us with that Discua infomercial, or will FerChi see it?
 

TJ-- no worries on the length of the recap. It was great with what little there was to talk about. Sooo much filler.

I'm with you and enough with the nauseous Mal-kiddy already. Amazing to me this guy gets to act like a doufus and doesn't even know it's because of his parentage. Real morale booster to all the other hard-working employees. I'm sure we all figured he was the one making our hero sick, figuratively and now literally. Hope they throw his sorry butt in jail, but then Chucho will probably want to help him too. GRRRR.

Oh, I need Xochi to come to my house and try that lecture on my sons when they are home. Nothing drives me battier.I definite PSA moment if there ever was one!

Daniela, I think the secret is that the actresses playing Discua and Marta both had the same plastic surgeon. Just sayin'. But really hating the idea of Discua back in the plot. Ferny and Xochi are end-game I'm sure, but will hate if we have to deal with her strutting her sculpted self into the picture again.

Thankful Chucho took good advice and made sure he took the smart route in "helping" Marta. Vero will still go ballistic if she finds out though.

Maybe I'm mean, but I suddenly don't care about Panfilo, Susanna and the Chatita love triangle. It was cute at first, not it's being dragged out and getting silly. Oh, right, these writers like "silly".

That DNA test better turn out correct. I will really lose it if these writers try to make it look like Chucho isn't the father and Vero continues to wreak her havoc with that poor child. Yes, is it cute watching how Val is getting to Rog, but she's still a little kid having to deal with these screwed up adults. Makes me sad.

Most of the plot has me Meh, especially this stupid contest, but I am kind of fired up for the wedding. Let's hope it's worth the wait.
 

Your recap shines as always TJ but I disagree about the pace of the show.

It may not be advancing the plot too much -- but if it did there would be very little show.

The various comic pairings which admittedly repeat old themes are nonetheless what makes the show worth watching. I have really enjoyed the last few weeks.
-The villains are so over the top that they are fun to watch.
-Rogelio's dreams have been fun -- especially the one where he & Jesús switched roles.
-Paty & Elias are wonderful to watch
as are Julio & Aida, Rogelio & Val ( actually Val & anybody),
-the warm smiles on Elias & Jesús faces when they are with their loved ones,
- the calm before the storm in Alma & Jesus romance,
-anything with Ferni & Xochi,
- Jessica's dancing & Oliverio's lovesick glances,
-Marisela's slow maturing and the slow thawing of Ricardo,
- Augusto's (also slow) recognizing & trying out a more humane managing style,
-Val & Rai & Sanson ..........

In short I like the show & the filler

Güera
 

Guera: I agree. I'm really enjoying this TN, even the filler eps.

Flaco reminded me that the only time Descua didn't dress sexy was when she was at church. So maybe she'll be the same Descua. I'm afraid Xochi might end up being rebound girl--at least for awhile. I also think she and Fern will end up together in the end.
 

Thank you, Tablet Jefa!

I'm enjoying this, too. I thought last night's episode was fun. There were so many amusing little bits. I especially liked Rogue's antics, from pretending to be asleep to creepily creeping around the office with his toothbrush behind his back like a shiv, to his Napoleon pose trying to hide the toothbrush hand from MalKid.

I also loved the musical invitation and the way Cardy and Jess were playing with it. I'm excited for the dance party! Great idea, Marisela! I kind of hope Rogue goes, even though he would probably sneer at the idea. I love his dancing scenes.

I also liked the lawyer matter-of-factly advising Elias not to strangle Vero. Not because it's wrong, but because of the potential 50 years in jail.
 

I actually think we have gotten more laugh out loud moments consistently over the last few episodes than ever before. A lot of those scenes involve Rogue. And the two office romances are quite cute. And Vale is getting the chance to do more than cry, or be kissed and babied by her dads.

Our main couple remains dull, but that's not new. And MalquiElvis is super annoying. I'm looking forward to seeing him squashed like the bug he is. Vero is hateful, but that is also not new.
 

Vivi: you sum it up nicely.
 

Although I'm not quite as sanguine as you all are, I do love the positive vibe of your comments and hearing about the bits (and the couples) that you enjoy.

Thanks for the "upper". I whined about this on the Tempested line but I had to say good-bye to my beloved 40 year old avocado-green Maytag Washer and Dryer today because my retired husband is bothered by the noise they make. I suspect the store delivery guy will take them home and probably put them on eBay for a very high price, and I said go right ahead. I'd love for them to go to a "good home".
 

I was hoping we'd get a visit to Rogue's former doctor for toothbrush removal. I love that doc's sarcastic comments to Rogue.

I remembered another moment I liked: Val's surprise that her blood wasn't really blue (after Chucho had told her that she was a true blue-blooded princesa).
 

Too lazy to go back and reread comments to see if someone mentioned this:

Did Pati see Rog come into Alma's office and then made a point of telling Alma that she liked Elias, or did she not realize that Rog had come in? I thought it was the former.
 

TJ thanks for hitting the hit points of another filler episode.
 

I think Pati noticed Rogue, which is why she said with such emphasis that she liked Elias.
 

I actually don't think she saw him. Her back was turned to him.
 

Vivi: I thought she glanced around when he came into the office and then made the remark.

The ep is probably retrievable from my deletes on my DVR, I'll have to check it out.
 

I just wonder how long it will be until Vero is knocked up, not that I want another unfortunate child to have her as a mother. Elias is sterile so she didn't need contraception with him, Rogue seemed to think it was Pato's responsibility, Vero is not exactly known for being responsible. I just hope she's OCD enough to have actually thought of real risks.
 

Found it on Uvideos. First let me say how beautiful the picture looks on my large work monitor than my small TV at home. The drawings are even cooler than I thought.

Does look like she did not see Rog come in. Though you can't tell by the editing, whether she saw him come in, the expression on her face when she turned around to look at him convinced me she didn't know.

See. I miss a lot because my TV is so small.
 

Thank you all for your compliments.
I didn't mention before, I can always think of comments during the episode and forget them when it's time to comment but I am not too keen on Discua returning. This should be interesting although she needs to bring out the lie that Rogue had against her.
Daisynjay- I too am tiring of the AARP triangle. It's has gone from cute to silly, I totally agree.
 

Judy, having said goodbye to my 40-year-old dehumidifier this summer, I understand your pain. Although your new laundry outfit can never take the place of the old one in your heart, I hope that in time, you will discover new love with them!
 

I disagree that Xochi is the rebound girlfriend. NATASHA was the rebound.

I don't think Discua is a threat, either. Xochi and Fernando actually have things in common. Ferni didn't really have that with Discua. They had chemistry, but there was no substance.

I'm still rooting for Discua with Ricardo, and Maricela with Melvis. Not that we've been given much reason to expect it - I just think they're two couples that would make sense.

Anyhow, with nearly 60 eps left to go, it's possible that the entire slate of pairups will change completely by the time we're done. Maybe they'll keep us guessing!
 

I'm just now catching up on the past week's episodes. Thanks TJ for the most excellent recap. I wasn't going to watch this episode but your descriptions enticed me to do so.

Kudos to Sanson's trainer. That dog actually TIPTOED past Rogue's door!!!! And not once, but twice.

The toothbrush scenes were hilarious.

Wow, that was some wedding invitation that Jessica designed. The scene where she started dancing every time Cardenas opened it was adorable.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder