Friday, August 30, 2013

The Honeymoon Does Not Begin


 With A Guest Appearance from Tomas the Magnificent, World Famous Psychic

San Francisco, California
Friday, 30 August, 2013

So I was doing some remote viewing and I found myself pretty intrigued with the goings on in R-Laydee. Arson? A twin kidnapped at birth and separated from her Mother and sister? The Captain of a local fishing boat is the hottest thing since newly baked bread? Interesting.

I gave my friend Eusebia a call. Doña Eusebia and I are old pals: we met at a psychic’s convention in Nuestra Señora del Mar, Veracruz, Mexico, in 1989. She was demonstrating Mayan cures for depression and I was speaking on my favorite topic, ‘Good Intentions’. You know, how the Road to Hell is paved with them? Anyway, we have been close friends ever since.

Eusebia and I used to schedule time to speak remotely—mind to mind— twice a month. These days we have both gotten a little lazy and tend to catch up on our iPhones, but I still keep a remote ‘eye’ on Nuestra Señora del Mar just to keep in touch. I love that funky little fishing village on the Gulf.


Me? I run a little Palm Reading shop up in San Francisco on Lombard Street in the Marina District, but my real business is the Psychic Amigos Network (PAN). You have heard of us? I am not surprised. I have got 40 psychic operators on the line right now, ready to answer your questions...oops, sorry, sometimes I get a little compulsive about promoting the business. My name is Tomas Garcia. I’m a fifth generation Mexi-Californian—my folks were here before the 49ers— and that means the family spoke English at home with an occasional foray into Spanish for emphasis. I had to learn Spanish in school and on the street. In San Francisco that is not hard to do because we have Spanish speaking ex-pats from every Latin country in the world living in our Mission District. Walk down Mission Street and you would be hard pressed to hear any English, or a consistent–sounding Spanish accent.

That means, despite my proud Mexican heritage, I kind of depend on the good folks over at Caray Caray to clarify the translation of the episodes of La Tempestad. Oh, did I mention that I watch the show on Univision, as well as tune in through my superb powers of mind? Hmmm…

Anyway, Eusebia gave me the scoop about yesterday’s haps. We started out overhearing a conversation held by two really bad guys, Fulgencio and Hernan. Fulgencio is the big guy with THE VOICE and Hernan is the psyhco hose beast violin-playing villain in the pink pants. Alright, the rose colored pants. Sometimes The Voices correct me about the stupidest things…

Hernan: Soon Capitan Damian Fabre will be no more than an annoying memory. Whatever needs to happen to make him disappear, will happen.

Fulgencio looks constipated. Hernan smiles at his accomplice in crime, but with my tremendous mental powers, I can read his mind. He is thinking, “Too bad your daughter will have to pay for this with her life.” Ooweee! That Hernan is good-looking bad news!

The Nasty Burned Out Fish Warehouse

Now we see Marina, the center of all of this mind-traffic, and the famous Captain Fabre over at her burned out fish warehouse. The smell, well, you can imagine, old fish, burnt cardboard and fire retardant. Not what one would hope for as the romantic background to a meeting between two lovers, but these two are a bit star-crossed, as we say in the business. (No I did not do their charts; I HATE spoilers!) These two are remarkable specimens of the human race, she is gorgeous and so is he, but she is so stiff she looks like a wooden Barbie.

Marina: “I am sorry, that was just a moment of weakness.” ( I think we just missed a great kiss. Rats.)
Damian:  “Marina, you are being formal with me again. What is going on? You know I will support you in everything.”
Dramatic pause.
Marina: “Capitan, please.”
Damian: “Please what. You have to be strong. You have to be strong because I need you. I need you because I love you. I need you to be strong so we can be happy together.”
Marina protests that it is not possible.
Damian: ‘Then let us send away what separates us so we can be happy together! Where is the indomitable Marina that never lets anything get in her way?”
Marina: “That Marina does not exist for you. That Marina is here to work, more now than ever!” She looks around the smelly burnt out warehouse.
Damian: “You know that as soon as I get back from my trip with Estercita…”
Marina: “Will you go with her??”
Damian: “I have to, my love. I am not strong enough to go on hurting her like this.”
Marina walks away in disgust when Damian says this. Usted, again. “You are not my love. You are a married man. I do not need you like I thought I did. Someone else offered me his help. I accepted. Hernan Saldaña will be the new partner in the fish business.  Sra Mercedes agreed that I could decide and he will be working closely with me every day.”
Damian: ‘What are you doing? Do you know what you are doing? I am going away on a trip with a woman I don’t love and you go and partner up with that idiot? You give him the chance to think he owns you?”
Marina: “No one owns me!” Blah, blah, blah, Marina.
Damian: Grabs Marina and pulls her toward him, “You heart knows it, your skin feels it. Don’t deny that I am your dueño, because your mouth would be denying what your body screams. “
Marina: “Just one word from me and Hernan would own me. He has wanted this for a long time…”

OK. I have to put a stop to this. I know we are post-feminist and all that, but Marina the supposed-executive-business-woman is discussing her self like she is a load of fish for sale.
“I’m the boss of you.”
“No, Pink Pants COULD be the boss of me if I would let him…”
Why is this woman referring to herself as a commodity, like pounds of pickled herring?

They argue some more about how she has to forget him and he says she cannot because she loves him and cannot lie. This is starting to bore me when he lays a major kiss on her. Whew. That was NOT boring. Lots of tongue for sure. It is getting hot in here. My special mental powers could get overheated if they keep this up. I’ll give you twenty minutes to stop that, Damian….

Marina breaks away from the kiss. She does not want to be responsible for a separation or a divorce. Damian calls her a coward. She doesn’t have the courage to fight for their love. There is no doubt. She and Hernan are both cowards. He slams her with a parting shot, “I hope you will be very happy together.”

That is hitting below the belt, Damian, when you are just leaving on your luna de miel with another woman!!! Handsome Damian sucks on a lemon as we cut to…

Close up shot of the Marina doll. I cannot tell, her affect is so flat, but I think she is looking a little sad, like she missed an appointment with her favorite, umm, PSYCHIC, not like the love of her life and her reason for living just walked away from her. Someone take that child off Thorazine, por favor.

Hernan’s Sesside Mansion

Bad guys Hernan of the Pink Pants (Pink,pink, I say they are pink!) and Fulgencio (Fully Flawed) in his product-placement shiny black truck are outside at Hernan’s seaside mansion. Hernan assures Fully that he will take care of Captain Damian. Fully reminds Pink Pants that he had better or they are back to the beginning. As Fully drives off, another black truck drives up and two dirtbag guys get out, assuring Hernan de Pink that Fulgencio did not see them. Lara has seen Captain Fabre down at the sailboat.
Hernan: “Good. They will sail away into eternity. Go back to the dock and tell me when they leave.” The mini-villains doff their hats and leave.

Again, with my thought powers I can tell you what Pink Pants is thinking, “Once you leave these shores, Captain, you will be blown into a million pieces.”

La Casa de Boring Beatriz

Too-cool Tia Becky is up and about early for a tippler. She looks all cheery in a bright yellow silk dress as she flirts with Jose and tries to pry information out of him. It seems that Tia Becky is pretty perceptive, and she could not help but notice Doña Mercedes’ extreme interest in Marina. How long has Jose worked for Mercedes? Does he know her well? Tia queries. Jose replies that he knows her as well as she lets him, as an employee. Did Mercedes ever get married? Does she have children?” Jose looks a little impactada and doesn’t answer immediately.

Did I mention that Jose is HOT, HOT, HOT? Tia Becky could do a lot worse.

Jose wants to know Becky’s intentions in asking about Mercedes. She says it really caught her attention when Mrecedes was in such pain and despair when Marina was trapped in the warehouse. It was not a normal sadness, employer to employee. Jose says that Mercedes never married or had children. Becky pushes in close and asks what is the connection between Mercedes and Marina. Jose tells Tia Becky that she has a great imagination. Becky won’t have it. She says Mercedes was suffering when Marina was trapped, that she hugged her like someone she loved very much, like a daughter. I like Tia Becky. She has a sweet heart. Jose distracts her then by asking her out to dinner tonight. He would like to get to know her better. She is delighted to accept but insists that he drop the formality with her. Oh, I LOVE these two as a couple!

At the empacadora, Hernan appears and tells Marina she needs to rest. Did she talk to Sra Mercedes about Hernan’s willingness to be a partner in the fish business? Yes, and Marina took the decision to welcome Hernan as a partner. Idiota.

At Casa Beatriz Tia Becky is remonstrating with Marina. Becky says that Damian is right, she is a coward. Why does Marina think she is not married? She has made up many stories about this but the truth is she missed many opportunities. She regrets this. She thinks that two people who love each other should stay together forever. “Do you know where dreams die?” she asks Marina. “In a place called fear.” Tia Becky looks and sounds so convincing. Wow, that’s good stuff, Tia Becky. I need to write this down…

Eusebia’s Casita

OMG! Dona Eusebia is in her house watching a bowl of burning incense and a basket of plastic eggs.  She has a vision, “Danger. Three times three are the blessed souls from Purgatory. Damian!” Eusebia falls to the ground and knocks over a basket of what I am sure are curative herbs. This is not funny, my friends. Eusebia is my friend and I did not see this coming. What if my powers of prognostication are failing me? Someone call an ambulance!!!
No, wait. Eusebia or her Energy Body seems to have gotten up because next we see Damian at the Port, carrying a teeny-tiny backpack as luggage. I guess manly men don’t need a lot of clothes or changes of underwear for their honeymoon. Ghosty Eusebia warns Damian that he is in grave danger then disappears. Damian continues toward the boat, meeting Estercita, who says she has a surprise for him as she takes his hand and leads him down the dock.

Lara calls Valdivia to tell him that the lovebirds have left on their voyage. Valdivia texts Hernan, who texts back that they should wait for instructions.

On The Lovely White Sailboat, and the Dock, and in the Ethers

Now we see Damian and Ester sailing off on what portends to be the honeymoon from hell. No, I did not even need a Tarot card to make that prediction. Marina, a day late and a peso short, so to speak, runs down the dock screaming to Damian that he should wait. She has to talk to him. She loves him. She was a coward. But Ester plants a big predator kiss on Damian as the boat moves away from shore. The Marina Doll cries real tears, sort of, as she sinks dramatically to the ground. Now she has lost him—she may never get him back again.

But wait! Eusebia’s disembodied voice shows up for Marina. Finally. I knew you could do some magic, my friend Eusebia. Marina asks where Eusebia is???“Never say never. Look around you and you will find the solution,” Eusebia answers.

Ester is on the boat using looking binocs to look back at a lonely Marina being left behind. Damian longs.

La Casa de Father Tomas and Rosy

Father Tomas wants to know who Lazaro’s father is, but Rosy ain’t telling. Not even in the confession. Hell, no. She was with the man because she was in love, he was free, but he was a coward. When he found out she was pregnant, he left her and married a refined rich woman.

Tomas thinks maybe his father could guide young Lazaro but Rosy says no. She goes out to the Plaza where, of course, she runs into Fulgencio, who tortures her with past memories of their failed romance. Fully is a sadist, I am afraid. Rosy says she should never have let Fully touch her but she was a woman in love. Fully tells her he was never in love with her and admits he married Delfina for her money and is not happy with her. However, he would not have been happy with a beautiful but tasteless woman like Rosy wither. Rosy starts to give him a whack. He grabs her arm and threatens to tell Delfina that Fully only married her for her money. As she stalks off, Fully muses that he has many ways to control Rosario….

Sailboat

While Ester goes down below to change into a swimsuit, Damian gets an urgent call from the Harbormaster. Damian must come back immediately. The Harbormaster cannot tell him over the radio but there is an urgent matter to be discussed. They head back to shore.

At the white mansion, Hernan of the PInk Pants plays his violin badly. The way he treats that poor instrument, I hope it is not a priceless Stradivarius. Reading his thoughts with my amazing powers of mind I can tell you that he is dreaming of Damian and Ester being blown to bits. Not. Very. Nice. Hernan.

At the Church

Fulgencio the Fully Despicable has come to the church to confess. Father Tomas is surprised because Fully doesn’t usually come to God. Fully says that sometimes secrets get so heavy they cannot be borne. He wants to formally offer confession. Padre Tomas agrees.
After being blessed, Fully tells Tomas that he wants to confess more than just a sin, rather a secret. A secret that will change Tomas’ life. He confesses that he is Lazaro’s father. He tortures Father Tomas by saying that Rosy has been in his arms…The Father does NOT want to hear it. Fully reminds Tomas that Christ said that the truth will set you free—That is what he is doing. He is liberating Tomas’ sister Rosy from her secret. Father Tomas is incensed and accuses Fulgencio of rank cynicism. Fulgencio then shares TMI with the good Father about how much Rosy enjoyed their encounters. She is not as devout and Catholic as Tomas believes. Poor Tomas is about to blow a gasket. He yells at Fulgencio to REPENT. Fulgencio, after confirming that their littlel chat is under the seal of the confessional, says he has nothing of which to repent. Everything was according to his plan! Father Tomas refuses Fulgencio absolution and tells him not to come back to the church. Fully doesn’t care.

Fulgencio, you are an infectious disease. You are Dengue Fever. The powers of the airs and the earth tell me that you are destined to die badly. You are telenovela dead meat, buddy, even if we have to wait for Ultimas Capitulos.

La Guacamaya

The musicians play while Jaz?Lu greets Commandante Robles. He tells her he is glad that they have confidence in one another, because he is going to call her by her real name, “Lucia”! Duh duh dun. She denies it and tries to leave Robles but finally she confesses it is true. They talk about the danger that she and her sister Belem are in from Nareo. Robles knows and wants to help recue both of them. A scared and shaking Jaz?Lu agrees to a plan to contact Robles when she is allowed to have a call with her sister. The Commandante leaves and walks out past Nareo.

At Hernan’s

Hernan is talking to his outside water feature with a glass of wine in hand. I always find a glass of wine loosens me up with I want to converse with a cement pond, don’t you? Some guy comes up to Sr Pants of Pink and tells him that he brought Hernan what he requested, and kept ‘it’ hidden. Hernan changes his pants into swim trunks. ‘It’ turns out to be four hot women in bikinis who complain that Hernan has been neglecting them for business. They all jump in the water feature and splash. Hernan frolics with the bathing beauties. Lucky Hernan. It all looks like a really good time, actually.

Damian and Marina

The boat is back in the harbor and Damian leaves Ester aboard while he goes to see what is going on with the Harbormaster. The Harbormaster points to Marina, who is standing behind Damian.
Marina says she could not let Damian get away without telling him that she will fight for their love, despite Estercita. Damian and Marina are each the happiest person in the world. (How does that work???) Anyway, DamFab tells Marina that he married Ester to save her reputation but it hasn’t helped. This trip is for him to tell her that they are over, through, caput—they are not meant of one another.

Now, Cap’n Dam Fab strikes a near fatal blow to feminism as he tells Marina that she is his. She admits yes, she is his, and will be forever. Who needs principles and equality when you can have William Levy? Suffrage??? Pah. Most would take William. Most of us have a price…Serious kissing ensues. Anyway, this moment is so sweet that I had better call for an anvil alert. You heard it here first. I, me, Tomas the Paragon of Paraphychology, I am ringing the anvil alarm. My magical and extraordinary powers of awareness have perceived that this scene is too sweet to last. It is way to early in this telenovela for happiness!

And I will leave you, now my friends. I am worried about my friend Eusebia but my powers and visions are fading. Perhaps we will meet again here on the pages of Caray Caray. ?Quien sabe?

Here my DVR cut off. Please fill in any thing I missed at the end.

Elna June


Labels:


Comments:
You are a talented writer with a great imagination.

P.S. Eusebia sending her spirit to Damian confirmed for me that this show is about vampires. These people teleport and walk through walls.

Psps. Crazy gets off the sale boat and spots her husband making out with marina. For some reason she doesn't lose her mind. She simply walks away after she thinks mean thoughts.

Cynderella
 

Elna June, this blew me away. Pure and simple. Mystical and magical.

I must call PAN - pronto. Totally intgriguing.

This was laden with wit and whimsy. "Why is this woman referring to herself as a commodity, like pounds of pickled herring?", "Too-cool Tia Becky is up and about early for a tippler", and "I guess manly men don’t need a lot of clothes or changes of underwear for their honeymoon" were great. But my favorite was "Now, Cap’n Dam Fab strikes a near fatal blow to feminism as he tells Marina that she is his." Oh my!

Also greatly appreciated your translating such gems as "carrying a teeny-tiny backpack as luggage. I guess manly men don’t need a lot of clothes or changes of underwear for their honeymoon." HA!

Eusebia's essence was everywhere, wasn't she? Shuttling betwen Dam and Marina, she had quite the busy day.

Tia is smart, intuitive and savvy. She also has excellent taste in men. And forgive me for appearing to focus in on the physical, but Jose's arms were amazing. And yes, he and Becky will make a good (and I predict smoldering) couple.

Glad the Commandante knows Jaz's secret and I hope he puts his relationship with her into perspective - he needs to be her protector, not suitor.

And to address the most urgent issue of the episode: those pants. I vote pinkish lavender. Oh my.

Cynderella, I was shocked that Pesty didn't run up to Dam and Marina upon seeing them kissing, beating them with her small fists. I kind of wish she had - she must have some hideous revenge plot concocted. We will have to wait and see.

Elna June, thank you again!

Diana
 

Thanks, Elna June.
I got a big kick out of Dam Travel-Light's luggage for the honeymoon...a backpack filled with.....what?...three pairs of underwear ? Que?

ALso, Hernan who is supposedly madly in love with Marina is still up for a pool party with three hot chicks.

Ful-of-Himself-io is a wretched human being who seems to only be happy when he is hurting or humiliating others. bleeeccchhh.
 

Laughed all the way through this Elna June.

Have a bunch of great lines I want to highlight but my favorite, since I'm married to an devout New Ager was "Eusebia or her Energy Body". That's the kind of statement that just DRIVES ME NUTS when I hear it at home. But when you say it, it's hysterical.

other faves:
[Heran] good-looking bad news

[Marina] looks like a wooden Barbie

I'll give you 20 minutes to stop that, Damian

Fulgencio, you are an infectious disease

Damian and Marina are each the happiest person in the world. (How does that work???)

See...with one-liners like that (not to mention TMI in the confessional closet) how could one not laugh like crazy?

And I needed to laugh because they're hauling away my beloved 40-year-old Maytag washer and dryer this morning. Few marriages last as long as these babies! But again, my New Ager is bothered by the rattling vibration of my old dears and wants something newer, sleeker and quieter. (Hmm...is there a message for me in this?)
Stay tuned.
 

Elna June - Your writing is amazing! I so enjoyed your Tomas persona. Love all your nicknames for the psycho violinist. I can't even write his name at this point. After Damian saves his life, he continues to plot his death. That along with his business ventures really make me want to heave.

Finally, Marina does something spontaneous. Loved how she had that boat turned around. Thank you, Tia Becky. Yes, dreams do die in a place called fear.


 

Judyb..I can relate, buddy. The Maytag washer and dryer that we purchased when we built our house finally gave out. They went above and beyond the call of duty and were a great value. However,the brand has fallen in recent years. We ordered a hot new set at Sears. Then, I read some scary reviews of that brand. (i like to do a lot if research before a major purchase and the Internet is great for that.) We cancelled the order and went with the brand recommended by our local family owned appliance dealer. No bells and whistles but supposedly reliable..Speed Queen...the brand used in laundromats, military bases, and colleges. I am very happy that I went old school. just sayin'.
 

EJ- this was magnificent!!!!! You are a literary genius.
It was a great episode that started out slowly but then I was blown away, thanks to Tia Becky, when DamFab turned the boat back and saw that it was because of Marina. The theme song and the slow motion action kept me glued to the tv. I also needed a fan!!!! ;-) Tia Becky is so needed as a positive female role model for Marina. I love Becky and Jose together although Becky does have Mercedes' number.
Full of himself -Fulgencio is like Dengue Fever and a huge celebration will await his anvil drop. What an arrogant prick!
Marvelous job to a good episode.
 

Very clever recap EJ. LOL!

Considering last night's mystical happenings, it was the perfect way to approach this episode.

I love how Dam just shrugged off his madrina's eerie ghostly warning. He does know this woman has powers, right?

I kept hoping Hernan would give the order to blow up the sailboat as it sat there empty on the dock, while Dam made out with Marina and Estercita watched. This has to be screwed up somehow.

LOVE Tia Becky. And I'm very happy Jose finally asked her out. But will he be able to continue ducking her on target questions about Mercedes and her relationship to Marina?
 

I think in the last bit that your dvr cut off that Marina tells Dam that SHE is HIS owner too. Or did I imagine that? (Wishful thinking?) I guess we'll see tonight when they show us the kiss again, and Estercita watching.

I was also surprised she didn't march right up to them and yank Marina by the hair off her husband. As far as she knows, Damian, her husband, is going on this honeymoon trip with her to see if they can make their marriage work. Dam has not sufficiently communicated with her that this is a goodbye trip-- and really, what's the point if that's what it is?
 

Oh my dear Elna June, I was so dazzled by your brilliance that I had to turn down the illumination on my computer screen to read your story all the way through.

I am delighted that Eusebia has found a kindred spirit in Tomás the Magnificent. (It is only happenstance that TTM shares his nombre de pila with the pueblo priest (and also with Eusebia's burro), right?

" “I’m the boss of you.” “No, Pink Pants COULD be the boss of me if I would let him…” Why is this woman referring to herself as a commodity, like pounds of pickled herring?"

Yes, but listen closely and you will hear the woman insisting that she will only be HIS pickled herring if he will be HERS. And hers alone. It's more like:

♫You're mine
And we belong together♫

Now to go back and reread this beautiful piece of writing from the beautiful mind of Elna June. Once is not Enough
 

"I’ll give you twenty minutes to stop that, Damian…."

HAHAHAHA

"Hernan of the Pink Pants (Pink,pink, I say they are pink!)"
I heard that the original title of this novela was simply "Pants." (They decided not to go with it because it didn't work as well in Spanish as it does in English.)

"Reading his thoughts [as he saws away on his violin] with my amazing powers of mind I can tell you that he is dreaming of Damian and Ester being blown to bits. Not. Very. Nice. Hernan.

Haw! But Nan needs to learn to concentrate. Seriously. Mayhem is mayhem and music is music. [Of course he already knows that bought'n bikini babes is bought'n bikini babes. What would have guessed?]
 

Great Elna June

Seriously! Marina has the boat called back for that? I thought she had found out the boat was going to be blown up, a true emergency.

Now what, Dam & Ester set sail again? And Dam will have flashbacks of that beautiful scene?

More & more Mejia like. I was hoping he had left ALL his estupidez over at CI.
 

Elna June:

Fantastic, superb, marvelous, words can't describe this amazing recap! Thank you so very much! I think you and Ms Maven write romance novels on the side!

I too loved your Tomas persona. So very fitting for this epi. I worry for the Madrina. I hope she is okay.

Ah, Tia Becky and Jose, they are a wonderful couple. They so fit together and I wonder how long Jose will dodge all of Tia Becky's questions. I can't wait for their date.

I really thought DamFab was called back by the harbormaster because of his Madrina. Who knew it was Marina? And that kiss, smokin' once again. Too bad Pester saw it. I too liked your reference to pickled herring.

What strikes me about this TN is that they are using a, how shall I put this, moral code from the 1800's. Something you would see in a period TN. When they say "owning you", etc this is what it reminds me of.

Fully is on the "Highway to Hell" for sure. I couldn't believe he told Padre Tomas just to torture him. in confession no less. I feel bad for Rosario too, being tortured by Fully. I think that is why she has this 'tude going on.

Poor Pester seeing that kiss. I'm sure she'll come up with some revenge plan too. Her plans don't work well either.

Herny is just creepy. The violin playing, his mis planes for Marina and those women, bleck! He has one tortured, blackened soul. The anvil awaits him too, and I can't wait for it to drop on him.

SusanLynn:

Ah, the memories of the Speed Queen. I used them many a time on the bases I was stationed at. Loved those things and they never break. Wonderful product.


DamFab's bag reminded me of what we called a "ditty bag" in the Navy. It contains essentials only, no extraneous stuff. It is too small to be a seabag.
 

Madelaine.. You brought me some memories, too. We used Hub's seabag to carry our kids' sand toys back and forth to and from the beach on vacations !!!!!
 

EJ, I cannot find the words to describe how fabulous this was! I am in awe, and giggling uncontrollably at the same time!!

So I thought we would have to settle for shirtless for awhile, but wow, we got the good besos and shirtless last night.

"I always find a glass of wine loosens me up with I want to converse with a cement pond, don’t you?" LOL!! buy yeah, that and yelling at the TV without feeling like an idiot.

He of the pink pants...that image is going to stay with me forever with Hernan. He may be a luscious figure of a man (cue the required water scene) but those pants just ruined every "hunky" moment from here on out. But as his pool frolic proved, he's just scum, pretty scum, but scum. Pool maintenance must really have to keep that pool clean.

Color me surprised when Marina showed as the emergency. Yeah, so we all sort of melted and were furiously nodding along in agreement as she swore her love and allegiance to HRH. My membership in the feminist society only counts when living in reality.

Gripe of the night--that old cliche of telling a secret to a priest and then claiming the sanctity of the confessional. ARGHHHH. Hate that in TN's.

So everyone is all aghast tonight. One guess is Pester pulls a bonehead move, or the boat implodes with only her on it? And what about our dear Eusebia? Is she still floating around or will someone revive her off that floor? Inquiring minds want to know!
 

"And what about our dear Eusebia? Is she still floating around or will someone revive her off that floor?"

No te preocupes, Daisy. She'll be fine. (I think.) We've seen Eusebia fall to the ground in the throes of a vision before. No, it's not a temporal lobe tumor -- it's a magical mystery tour. And finally, with EJ on board, we have the tour guide we were longing for.
 

Mads:

You are so right about the inherent ickiness of Fulge's exploiting the confessional to bludgeon the poor priest with TMI. Not my fave as plot clichés go. [Still, the scene was played with great panache, you must admit.]

Variopinta:

I wasn't at all surprised that Marina had the boat called back to tell DamFab she loved him. The Vision made her do it! [Remember how Eusebia's voice came to her and told her to look around her for the way to stop PesterDam's boat? Well she found the way!]
 

Ok. This may not be a popular opinion, but Hernan earned some small points with me tonight. Hear me out! Any man who can please 4 women at once is a stud and he must have big....l mean lots of stamina. When he saw them, they said that they all missed him, and then they took turns making out with him. I'm not into a lot of freaking stuff (right now), but he pleases and entertains multiple women simultaneously and every one is having a great time. Dam Fabulucious can't seem to control his women. He has to grab them and shove his tongue down their throats in order to make them admit they even l just like him.
 

Anon- I think Hernan's women are being paid to be so...complimentary.
 

NovelaMaven- Isn't it funny that Marina, who barely knows Eusebia, is willing to listen to her disembodied voice's advice. But Damian, who knows his Madrina's powers, ignores a daylight vision of her warning him of the dangers of getting on that boat? Personally, I would go see a shrink (like EJ) if I were having visions like that. But, given that this is a tn, AND everybody knows Eusebia's powers, shouldn't Dam be a little bit concerned about this trip? I'm sure her must know the danger Madrina is warning him about is not Pestercita whining his ear off and driving him to homicidal thoughts.
 

But he still takes on 4 at a time. You have to be a warrior or a star in adult films to do that!
 

What a clever recap, Elna June. You certainly haven't lost that creative touch.

Interesting that Tommy the Magnificent seems to have more of an eye for the men than he has for the ladies:

"Ooweee! That Hernan is good-looking bad news!"

"I’ll give you twenty minutes to stop that, Damian…."


Not that there's anything wrong with that...of course.

As vile plot-affecting confessions go, Fully's was rather tepid, don't you think? He's Lazaro's daddy?... Yawn...Next!

Carlos
 

Elna June, What a brilliant satire to wake me up this morning. Thank you for your para-psychic parody to make these 19th century relationship models easier to uhhhmmm swallow...

Mr. Pink Pants (they read as pink to me too EJ) is so channeling Nero who can't wait to fiddle while Dam burns. I feel bad for the lovely little yacht ending up as cinders.

What a great episode though I feel kind of bad that we left poor Eusebia limp on the dining room floor. At least she made the Energy Body deliver warnings . Maybe she should have had an Energy Bar first!
 

Vivi..I had the same thought. DamStubborn never listens to his godmother. However, Marina listened and obeyed.
 

I hate to bring this up , but as hot as DamHot is, I still find that weird, messy wig painful to look at ...DamPerpetualBadHairDay. Will is muy guaypo, but that wicked wig is very distracting.

I love Marina's look...those cute flats and cigarette leg pants...so Mary Tyler Moore/Laura Petri. I'll bet she wears Capri pants.
 

Susanlynn, if Dam survives, I think will soon be wearingcigarrette skirts on the deck.

Cynderella

P.S. I agree with anon! Dam is PRETTY, but does he have energy? This might be the Amores discussion all over again.
 

Anon: "Dam Fabulucious can't seem to control his women. He has to grab them and shove his tongue down their throats in order to make them admit they even l just like him".

I'm sorry...are you inferring there is something wrong with that??;)

Diana
 

I love this recap, and I have not even gotten through it all, but I have to jump in now and say I agree "she is so stiff she looks like a wooden Barbie" AMen to that, c'mon woman, loosen up!
Let's just say... I wouldn't be that stiff... ummm, "I'll give you twenty minutes to stop that Damian:-)!!!:-) Love it. Now, back to the fun, thanks! Ana in Utah
 

I am speechless, Elna June. I don't want to be redundant; everyone has already mentioned the high points. Thank you for the laughs!


Susanlynn - ITA about WL's muy mal hair extenstion. ugh. Thank heavens for everything else about him.

JudyB - 40yr old w/d. increible!

Vivi - Marina did say she owned DamFab too. now we're talking.


Marina being creative on getting that boat turned around... nice.

Caveman (thanks Anon Thu Aug 29, 04:06:00 PM EDT), er, Capitan DamFab can get all caveman on me, as far as I'm concerned.
Why did he even bother packing? He could wear but a smile, for all I care. SWOON ....












 

Hi, EJ,

I think that by continuing your career as a mental health professional you are depriving the literary world of a seriously funny author.

I can't believe how badly Dam handled the sails. He might be a great fishing trawler captain, but he sucks on a sailing vessel.

How come Dam's "wife" got violently ill on the trawler, but had no ill effects on the violently bobbing sailboat?

Thanks again EJ for a seriously funny, world class recap.

David
 

Diana - I am lol at "I'm sorry...are you inferring there is something wrong with that??;)" clearly, not where we're concerned.


 

Good morning, friends:

I am just delighted that you enjoyed the guest recap by Tomas the Magnificent. He showed up the first time I watched the episode and there was no stopping him. He has magical powers of persuasion. Hee hee hee.

Thanks, Cynderella, for your kind words. I fondly recall fun times recapping with you. thanks for telling us what happened at the very end. I missed that and any avances as well.

Diana, thank you so much. I love your take on the color of the pants—I count one vote for pinkish lavender. I seem to be lucky recapping to have such great material to work with. Last week I got Damian's WET WHITE PANTS and now I had Hernan, the Count of Pink Pants. I adore Ivan as an actor, but those colored trousers are going to date this TN like crazy—for reruns I mean.

I have come to love Tia Tiberona. Last night she was circling Jose with that doral fin right out of the water. I do not think he will care if she bites. He might even like it.

Susanlynn, I love how you put this:
'Ful-of-Himself-io is a wretched human being who seems to only be happy when he is hurting or humiliating others. bleeeccchhh.' Isn't he a sadist? He really enjoys torturing his victims. Great comment.

JudyB: So glad I was able to make you laugh in the midst of your loss (grin). A Magtag W/D is hard to give up. Tell us, was it the harvest gold color so beloved of us in 1973? I'll bet the replacement doesn't last as long. Tomas and your husband should get together for a cup of coffee. I am sure they would have a great conversation.

Marta: Thank you for your compliment. I blush (EJ turns an unpleasant shade of red). Tia Becky's words were really profound—ITA. Dreams do die in a place called fear. I am so enjoying Nora Salinas in this juicy role.

Elna June

 

Mejia shuffled his cliche bag around & came up with the confession cliche.
At first I said what is the point but now I think I've got it. Rosario is threatening to tell Delfina, so I think he plans to whack Rosy & the priest can't reveal the confession
which would incriminate Fulgencio in his sister's murder.
 

David- I think the problem might have been the bottle of tequila and multiple glasses of champagne she downed during her solo wedding reception.
 

Tablet Jefa: I so appreciate compliments from fellow recappers! thank you so much.Becky is a good role model for Marina the wooden Barbie in more ways than one. Marina does not seem strong of decisive to me, just competent, calm and hard working. Plus, newcomer Ximena Navarette could take acting lessons from Nora Salinas as well.

Thanks so much, Vivi!
Can you believe how DamStupid ignored the warning from his Ghosty Godmother??? You are so right: the woman has POWERS. Ignore her at your peril, Damian.

As far as Ester goes, I did not see the part where she views her husband and Marina making out in front of God and everyone. I know this may not be a popular opinion, because Estercita is a total spoiled brat, but I feel sorry for her, too. She is foolish to have pressured Damian into marriage but his constant humiliation of her is very hard to watch. The character seems a bit of a victim in her entitled, unfortunate, and abusive upbringing. She doesn't seem really evil to me though, like Fulgencio and Mayuya. Maybe she will get redeemed in the end. I LOVE Laura Carmine in this role and it would be fun to see what she could do with a reformed Estercita. That young woman (Carmine) has great promise as an actress, I think.

EJ
 

I would like everyone to know that I am all for the manhandling technique. I ferociously defended Jose Angel's "tossing" and "slamming" sessions vs. borring Guzman's barn scene. Dam looks like he might be a tosser, but Hernan can get the job done. That's all I'm saying.

Cynderella
 

Hi, Vivi,

I'll bet you are correct about the reason for Ester's sickness on the trawler being several empty bottles of adult beverage.

JudyB, we just got rid of a freezer that was as old as our second son - about 40 years. It was still working, but was making noises that didn't sound like it had much time left.
 

Elna June, you have outdone yourself! This recap had me laughing from start to end.

"OK. I have to put a stop to this. I know we are post-feminist and all that, but Marina the supposed-executive-business-woman is discussing her self like she is a load of fish for sale." SO TRUE.

"Someone take that child off Thorazine, por favor." HAHAHAHA! yeah, she's beautiful, but her acting needs extreme work.

"Wow, that’s good stuff, Tia Becky. I need to write this down…" Say it sister, keep on writing!

" I guess manly men don’t need a lot of clothes or changes of underwear for their honeymoon." I feel like Damian has been wearing the same clothes since this novela started. And it is just me or is all of Marina's clothes look like they were bought from Forever 21 and H&M. Most of the time, she's wearing the shear fabric type blouse, skirt, and blazer.

"You are telenovela dead meat, buddy, even if we have to wait for Ultimas Capitulos." Maybe a sharknado enters his casa and eats him alive along with Estercita and Mayuya.

"Now, Cap’n Dam Fab strikes a near fatal blow to feminism as he tells Marina that she is his. She admits yes, she is his, and will be forever. Who needs principles and equality when you can have William Levy? Suffrage??? Pah. Most would take William. Most of us have a price…" This is like one of those "would you rather..." question game, like would you rather have women's rights or william levy tell you that you are his para siempre?

BTW, Vivi in DC, responding to your comment on yesterday's recap, yes WL's son looks just like him. Too bad I'll be too old once he reach the same level of hotness as his father. Did you also know that WL also has a brother, he looks a little like him.
 

Condolences Anonymous 1:41pm on the loss of your freezer. Forty years is a long relationship!

And Elna June, yes, it was the Harvest Gold era...but also the Avocado Green era. And of course I chose the.....wait for it...

AVOCADO GREEN!!!!!!!!!

I must have known, years later, that I would be on CarayCaray where avocados play such an important part in recapping and commenting.
 

JudyB:

I am sure that there is no (subtle) message intended for you from your dear husband's wanting new appliances.
The man obviously has taste—He picked you. Who would trade a Stradivasius for a ukelele??? A divine aged Bordeaux for a new bottle of Coca Cola?

With appreciation for who you are,

EJ
 

AVOCADO GREEN!!!!!!!!!

The color of Hernán's next pair of pants. Then Chartreuse.

I had the Harvest gold.
 

Too late and almost everything I wanted to say has been said already. Thank you for the mind-blowing recap, my dear Tomas.

Nothing makes sense to me in this TN anymore and I am just going to check my brain by the door and enjoy the visuals. And His Hotness's kisses.

*Joining aunt Becky for martini* oh la la.



 

This is the Marina's first major role I believe and I for one remember WL's earlier roles where he dripped sex appeal but was otherwise very stiff. Melinama even created a sub pagevto celebrate his coming to life as an actor. Maybe she will improve too. They both came from the modeling world where air brushed motionless perfect faces unfortunately rule.
 

Novela Maven:

Your recaps set the bar for the rest of us, m'dear, so I am so glad you enjoyed this offering from Tomas. he has quite a personality, doesn't he, and he shares my love of fashion commentary and Ivan Sanchez.

Perceptive you are my ,friend. Tomas is kindred soul to all of the spiritually minded folks on our telenovela, perhaps ESPECIALLY Father Tomas, our outraged priest. Of all the things Fulgencio has done so far, stooping to the emotional torture of the Good Father and Rosy is surely the most mean spirited. In Buddhist practice it is considered very bad behavior to be the cause of another persons spiritual downfall. In torturing the priest, he is not only enjoy the injury he is inflicting but could cause Father Tomas to stumble in his practice. That is pretty unforgivable, I think, in Telenovela-Land.

You are so right to make the correction in my interpretation of the "I own you" scene between Dam and Marina. I re-watched it and it certainly was a two-way street! Your subtle grasp of the nuances of the Spanish language is such an inspiration to me. I am much more like to grasp the gestalt of a scene than to correctly consider the details of dialog, as both you and Vivi—as well as many others of our recappers and readers—do. I ALWAYS appreciate your corrections, amiga.

Variopinta, another great recapper like you offers me compliments? I blush and heartily agree about the goodbye boat trip being Mejia-like, as in utterly absurd.

Sister Madelaine: You are far too kind. Tomas is a great admirer of your work as well. About NM and I writing romance novels on the side, I might have to leave that to our dear Maven, should she choose to venture into the genre. It seems she might be more likely to write the GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL. I have been planning on writing a non-fiction book for a couple of years but poor health has prevented me from starting. Your encouragement to keep on writing is greatly appreciated.

And thanks for giving me the phrase "ditty bag". It was new to me. Is ditty bag "Navy-speak" for a small backpack with a few pairs of skivvies and some tolietries thrown in?

EJ
 

daisynjay:
SOO good to 'see' you here after my extended absence from the site.

As to the use of the old trope of the poor priest being controlled in preventing EVIL by his sacred vows to honor the confession of sinners, well I hate it. In Abismo de Pasion Rene Casados and Sabine Moussier (sp) may have played out that scenario better than any other two actors in recent TN productions. This confrontation between Fully and Tomas cannot even come close, IMHO.

EJ

 

EJ:

Ditty bags are small little bags to put personal items in. We were issued one in boot camp, and when we marched, we carried it like a purse on the forearm, lol. After boot camp I used it for all kinds of things. You can pack that little thing with 3 sets of clothes, provided you fold them correctly, and shampoo and conditioner in small bottles. I still have mine after all these years : )
 

Carlos my friend:

I am happy that you found the recap to be creative. Tomas will really like hearing that.

You clever man, you called Tomas out on his appreciation for the manly figure. He thought he was being rather subtle as he wrote the recap. What gave him away? His obsession with Hernan's Pink Pants?

Tee hee hee.

Cheryl NewMex:

Hello! Hello! and how is Willa's good Mom and one of the best photographers in New Mexico? (I know another great photographer who lives near Santa Fe—Cindy Ewing is her name. Perhaps you have run across her work.

Let's ship Eusebia some Energy Bars, ASAP.
EJ
 

Mads, Sounds like it should be Ditty Bags for all.

Anita, do you think we could carry them in the @Store@?Maybe in the special pink that matches Hernan's pants? Or the see-through white of Damian's swim-trousers?
Giggles.

EJ
 

Elna June - Terrific recap. Thanks for the laughs.

About the "owner." In other TNs I've seen, they said "owner of your heart." So I kept waiting for DamFab to make it right and finish with " tu corazón." But I guess he was in a hurry, just like he was when he packed his ditty bag (thanks, Madelaine).

So Hernan has only had "relationships" with paid babes. Yuck. I hope soon at least one of the women in this TN - Tia Becky? - realizes he's bad news.
 

EJ, this was brilliant. I'll comment more later.
 

EJ,

Bravissimo!!! Just sensational! As NM said, worth reading twice. I never laugh out loud but I laughed out loud at this.

Like everyone, I loved: "You've got 20 minutes to stop doing that, Damian!"

I also loved the whole paragraph about Eusebia's fall, particularly: "Eusebia falls to the ground and knocks over a basket of what I am sure are curative herbs.". Hahaha!!

I loved how "the voices in your head" heard the characters thought bubbles!

Just genius! I forgot who mentioned WLs distracting wig but I find all the wigs distracting! Especially The Pests! My gosh these actors have gorgeous hair, what's up with all the campy wigs?! I think someone commented earlier it's a Mejia thing.

Thank you so much, EJ!

Katy
 

Elna June, this was a sensational recap--loved your ability to sustain Tomas' character throughout. We'll have to see him again, as once is not enough! Maybe he could "interview" Tia Becky at some point. I am in awe of your creativity, just blown away (oops, shouldn't have said that with the Tempestad nearby.
 

EJ..."With appreciation of who you are"...great line...I am stealing that . And we all appreciate the who that our dear Judyb is.

Anon...I have a freezer about that same age chugging away in the garage and an even older spare refrig in the family room that someone wanted to get rid of when we first moved into this house many moons ago. Our local electric company will haul any old working frig away and give us $30. However, the cost of even a small no-frills replacement for our extra beverages and picnic food would be about $500. I know that we will save on electricity, but .... I have a friend who sells and fixes appliances who told me years ago that new appliances are built with about a 15 year lifespan whereas the old relics just keep on keeping on.

Cynderella....We will know when the relationship gets serious when Marina starts wearing Miss Vikki dresses and skirts....but I still like her cute tapered leg pants...just say in'
 

Judyb...As a poor, young bride , I was pretty conservative, so we bought all white appliances even though those avocado green jobs looked pretty daring , exciting, and extravagant to me. HOWEVER, I was over the rainbow when our contractor told us that we could have a colored toilet and sink in our powder room. I chose...wait for it...APPLE GREEN....WHAT WAS I THINKING. We finally got rid of them after far too many years about three years ago when we remodeled our bathrooms.
 

WL's bday....

http://novelasyseries.univision.com/chismes/article/2013-08-30/william-levy-festejo-su-cumpleanos-muy-bien-acompanado?ftloc=channel12459:wcmWidgetUimHulkDeckCards4x3
 

OOH...Just remembered when I read Variopinta's post...I did have a harvest gold stove installed when we built the house. That was replaced about four years ago. Gee, what a trip down appliance memory lane...or maybe bad decision memory lane.
 

Shallowgal:

Why did he even bother packing?
He could wear but a smile,
For all I care. SWOON ....


And you told us you couldn't write poetry!
:)
 

NovelaMaven - oh.em.gee!! I did not even realize it. thanks so much for pointing that out. by golly, you've got a good memory.


 

Dear Elna June:

You are, as usual, far too kind. There is, however, some confusion over my role on the Patio. I don't SET the bar; rather, I TEND the bar. [Even that is a bit of an exaggeration. I just roam from table to table making sure that all the TempeTippeeTequila cups are filled.]

Sister Maven
 

In one of our homes we had one pink bathroom & one plum. I've never seen plum before or since.
 

Amazing recap, Elna June! I loved reading every line of it. I really enjoyed this episode but I enjoyed the recap even more than watching the episode.

Eusebia's "magical" appearance to DamFab should have been a warning to him and he should really be re-thinking going on the trip. I laughed when I saw the small bag that DamFab was carrying his change of clothes. I am guessing that the fact that his bag was so small means that the trip won't be a long one.

Love love love Tia Rebeca. Loved how she convinced Marina to go after DamFab and how she questioned Jose about Mercedes. Also loved how she accepted to go out with Jose. I would love to see these two together. They would make a nice pair.

Hernan and those girls - Blech!! I think at one point one of those girls was hand feeding him some strawberries. Again I say blech!! So much for him loving Marina so much. He'd probably cheat on her if he had the chance.

At the end, Marina also said something about getting a tattoo like DamFab's. Not sure if she meant the compass tattoo or the one he has on his arm. As for the kiss at the end, I loved it.

 

Elna June,
OMG,you are amazing. your imagination is out of tis world.
I almost sent my friend to Lombard street to find that World Famous Psychic.I even told her to be careful,because he is a friend of Eusebia, he can be invisible.
Love every word of your recap.

Shallowgal,
I think exactly the same like you: Why did he even bother packing..?
"Great mind"

Mauricio,
I agree with you
Hernan and those girls ,Blech

Vivien
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I absolutely loved your take on DamFab's devastating impact on feminism. I gotta have a sense of humor about that!! Spot-on but Holy cow!!

I really really like the psychic Madrina...we should all have one!!

Can't wait for Hunky Jose to lightin' up with Tia.

Have a great weekend all!



Gertie
 

Thanks to so many kind commenters on yesterday's recap.
David: How great to see you!
Ana, shllowgal,Caroline, vita, Niecie,
Karen:Hola Amiga!,
La Paloma: I love your recaps,
and our DEAR Anita,
Thanks for your comments and notes. Tomas really appreciates your kind words. He just may make another guest appearance on the blog.

Elna June
 

'Little-Bitty-Itty-Bags', Anita, you always make me giggle. I'll be headed to @The Storm Cellar@ to pick one up, for sure.

EJ

 

Shoot, I meant Ditty Bag. I'm going to start over.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

After a few days of licking my wounds, I'm ready to timidly stick my toe back into the salty waters around R-Lay-Dee.

Would that be Litty-Itty-Bitty-Ditty Bags™?

They were in the The Storm Celler™ clearance aisle, but they have been flying off the shelves, equally grabbed by both lusty looking men in tight white pants (ready for immersion in H20), women in filmy cover-ups or nautical prints, and one Eurotrashman, dressed in lavender-pink pants, three sizes too small, carrying a violin case (for what purpose, we wonder--was it really a violin) and why does he need a Litty-Itty-Bitty Ditty Bag™ (he needs a set of turquoise Tag Coronado II 5-Piece Spinner Luggage™.

EJ--Please forward my eternal appreciation to Tomas the Magnificent for a smashing piece of seerism. I hope he comes back again at an appropriate moment....LIKE RIGHT NOW--HOW DO THE NON-COUPLE SURVIVE THE EXPLOSION so we can continue to have a non-"Ghost" story? (Being careful not to be a spoiler, of course.)

[For posterity's sake, I had to edit, correct and repost.]
 

Elna June, after a week of camping on the lovely California northern coast, I was so looking forward to reading my missed recaps. (I thought of you when we drove through Sonoma county.) Sister, you do not disappoint! You have had many masterpieces but I believe this is one of your best. My favorite lines have been mentioned and re-mentioned so I will simply sit here, enjoy my dry rose, and be in awe of your considerable talent. To wit, I am laughing my a$$ off. I love Tomas the Magnificent. I wonder, will we hear from him again?

Oh my dear Capitan. You are a wonderful kisser but you, my love, can NOT sail! David, thank you for mentioning this detail, because it was driving me frigging NUTS when I watched the episode. So far I have not heard from El Capitan regarding the free sailing lessons that I offered. He desperately needs them.

Anita, I have way too many ditty bags (sailing freebies, alas), but I MUST have my La Tempestad Itty-Bitty-Ditty Bag. It will hold my beanie along with my other teensie necessities.

A belated thank you for all the wonderful comments on Wednesday's recap. That's why I can't stay away from the patio...too many funny and clever people.

EJ, thanks again amiga!

-Sylvia, off to enjoy Friday's episode and Novela Maven's recap.
 

Thank You so much for recapping this novela, I would be lost w/o CARAY CARAY
Blessings
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder