Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mentir Para Vivir: Main Characters



Oriana Caligaris


Courageous, determined and committed, tender and intelligent.  As a young person, she settled in Colombia.  Even though she studied at the university, she has dedicated herself to her home and her little girl, Alina.   Implicated in smuggling by her husband, José Luis Falcón, she breaks away from her marriage and returns to Mexico along with Alina.  However, by troubling chance circumstance she and her daughter could be accused of murder.  It is then that the opportunity to adopt Ines Valdivia’s identity presents itself.  Even though she has misgivings about agreeing to it, she decides to do it in order to protect Alina and thus sees herself  forced to Lie In Order To Live/Mentir Para Vivir.” 


   ~~~~~

Ricardo Sánchez Bretón
A hard worker, generous, intelligent and astute in business.  President of an important family owned textile mill in Hermosillo, Sonora.  When young he lost his mother and lives with his father, Gabriel Sánchez Bretón, who is murdered.  Ricardo promises to find the responsible party without even considering that Inés, that woman for whom he feels captivated, is actually in truth Oriana, and she could be Gabriel’s murderer. Alongside this, an event from the past torments him.  Therefore he must Lie In Order To Live.   




~~~~~
José Luis Falcón

Oriana’s husband, attractive, athletic and rugged with a neat, trim appearance.  With his looks, nobody would thing that he could become involved in criminal activities.  He is a two-faced man: on the one hand a loving and devoted family man, and on the other a selfish and ambitious one.  He has no limits when it comes to getting what he wants.  For it, even though he truly loves Oriana and his daughter, he doesn’t consider the consequences of involving Oriana in his felonious livelihood.  This fact will blow up his marriage and force his separation, a chain of mishaps and hardships that will put a stop to his getting back his family.  

~~~~~

Raquel Ledesma
Very beautiful, easy-going, flirtatious and ambitious.  She is a childhood friend of Oriana.  Currently together with Lucina she has a small beach hotel in San Carlos, Sonora.  She lives waiting to find an rich and attractive man who must satisfy her ambitions and her desires.  She’s an ardent lover and has no qualms about going to bed with anyone she has a mind to.  If she feels that someone is becoming a rival she can be rude--and dangerous.  She devises schemes against Oriana when she sees her as a rival.

~~~~~

Piero Verástegui

He is a textile engineer and Ricardo’s best friend.   Interesting and attractive, he works as Business Director for Ricardo’s textile factory.  He’s confident, solid and responsible in the job, and very efficient.  A decent man, as he committed a mistake in his youth his conscience is troubled.





~~~~~

Lucina González

Friend and business partner of Raquel.  She becomes a fast friend of Oriana’s quickly.   She’s an attractive woman, a hard worker, a business entrepreneur, happy, congenial and intelligent.   Quick-witted, she takes the reins of a situation.  She has strength of character and is decisive.  She doesn’t pretend about her working-class background nor does she give herself airs.  In her youth she was a loose woman, and there met Gabriel Sánchez Bretón with whom she had a relationship that was only a good friendship, one that Lila, his wife, misinterprets accusing them of being lovers.

Labels: ,


Comments:
If I weren't already recapping another show, I'd love to do this one. I will wait for my telenovio's (CdlF) new one to recap next. But I'll definitely watch this one. I'm so done with the dregs that are on right now.
 

Jardinera: Thank you! Enjoyed this preview, especially as MPV will feature two of my favorite actors, Fabian Robles and Altair Jarabo...

I would like to try and watch this but I need to start my day by 4:00 a.m. and need to be somewhat coherent for work...the excellent recappers make it extremely tempting though...

Diana




 

Diana: You'll be able to catch it online through Televisa's sight, tho' it's going to be sometime after mid-morning of the next day. Perhaps that will work out for you!
 

I always love the series of adjectives used to describe each character. We should all describe ourselves with about five hyperbolic adjectives. (noted feel free to out and out lie as you are describing your many stellar qualities.h I am not sure that I will watch this one. I am not a fan of any of the cast. We'll see.
 

Yikes, Diana...4 a.m. I used to get up about 5.30, but now it is usually 6 or 7. Are you a morning person, or is it a challenge ?
 

@cathyx. You don't have to worry about "La Tempestad" much longer. I read where a new novella starring Sebastian Rulli and David Zepeda will be taking over its timeslot. Now I don't know if that means the series is about to end (which wouldn't surprise me because I've read that the show has poor ratings in Mexico) or if it's going the way of "El Talisman" and being moved to the daytime until the series ends its run.

 

La Tempestad will be over soon in Mexico but the US is still behind by 55 episodes so there's still a long time left for the novela to finish its Univision run.

Televisa did shortened it due to low rating. They don't move novelas to other timeslots here and shortening novelas is extremely rare but the ratings were just too abysmal the past couple of months. Libre Para Amarte has even worse ratings but they don't have the next telenovela for that timeslot ready right now.

Mentir Para Vivir is in its last weeks and since it's going to end after Corazón Indomable, it will end as the novela with the best rating from the network.

Jarocha


 

That's right, La Tempestad was supposed to be amazing and it totally bombed.
Right now Corazon Indomable, Mentir para Vivir and De que te quero, te quero have better ratings.
Libre para amarte was supposed to end in January, as far as I know, but it ends in November (being replaced by Rulli novela), so imagine how bad it is.
Corazon Indomable ends in early Oct and Mentir in late Oct (being replaced by Cristian de la Fuente de mi Vida novela, that I'm dying to see).

Cathyx, I think since we are stuck with Corazon Indomable right now, we deserve the prize of recapping CdlF's novela, when it comes to Univision :) I really, really hope it's good, but I have such high expectations, I'm afraid I'll be dissapointed.
 

La Tempestad is the one ending in November and being replaced by Rulli's novela.
 

Adriana Noel:

Libre para amarte ends in November and being replaced - Tu, mi riqueza - by the new comedy of Ocampo. And the stars are Zuria Vega y Jaime Camil.
 

Alejo P - Yes, you're right, I forgot about that one. Thanks for the correction.

Jarocha, as far as I know, De que te quero, te quero has better ratings than Mentir (according to Nielsen Ratings), but that's beside the point. La Tempestad is still number four, which is surely not what they aimed for.


 

I'm guessing that Libre Para Amarte won't even be brought to the US/Uni (maybe in the daytime), so what will Uni put in the 8pm comedy slot when PEAM ends?
 

Vivi, maybe they put the tn that starts when Corazon indomable is over, the one with Guy Ecker and Susana Gonzalez. Or De que te quero...- it's not that bad either. As far as comedy goes, telenovelas rarely get it right. The only one I can think of that pulled that well recently has been Marido en Alquiler, which is so not something Televisa would ever do (because they're idiots).
 

AdrianaNoel: I looked at De Que Te Quiero, Te Quiero's ratings and I was surprised to find that it is indeed the second novela with the best ratings. Just a week earlier Mentir Para Vivir had been having better ratings but DQTQTQ has surpassed them.

It's impressive since DQTQTQ began with bad ratings if I remember it well. Then they slowly started going up and up. I don't think the 6 pm timeslot has seen those numbers since Teresa.

I give the credit to the supporting players. I think Livia Brito is still too green to be a lead and I'm not that impressed with her chemistry with Juan Diego Covarrubias. But, Marcelo Córdoba, Cynthia Klitbo, Marisol del Olmo, Esmeralda Pimentel, Ricardo Faslicht, Daniela Luján and others have been all great.

Jarocha
 

Jardinera - Thank you for the summary. I am going to try watching this one. Might end up recording and watching the next day, because it comes on late. Having recaps will be nice.

Jarocha - Thanks for posting that MPV is getting such good ratings in Mexico. It sure makes this one look like a winner.
 

Thank you Jardinera!

Susanlynn, I start work at an early hour and have a long commute which necessitate the 4 a.m. hour. Even though I am a morning person, it is getting a little tougher the older I get!

I really like LT and will be disappointed if it ends early or is moved to daytime. CS '09 was abruptly moved to midnight and Un gancho al corazón was moved to afternoon after 150 of the episodes aired! Sigh.

Diana
 

Oh, I would love to see Jaime Camil in another comedy. He was so incredible in EVA.

But if that's not scheduled yet when PEAM is over, I'll probably switch to Marido en Alquiler. I liked how it started but can't handle two right now. (And Juan Soler *was* my telenovio until that greasy picture in People en Espanol last month...bleah.)
 

I liked Jaime Camil when she was Eva. He dominated the episodes, but before and after Eva, when he was Juan Carlos, he was too much like in LTNVAC as PlasticDoc. Then I disliked.
 

Hello dear caray carays.

My name is Jennifer and I am a big fan of you blog. Right now, it is the only way for me to understand my telenovelas (unfortunately I do not speak Spanish very well, but I am learning). I would be poised to help you anyway I can. As I mentioned I do not speak Spanish. But my English is rather well so I could proof read or something. But if you do know a place where I can watch TN with subs I would love to recap too. I am pretty bad at introductory mails, sorry. If you want to know anything about me, please let me know.

Jen.

 

Jennifer: Uvideos and Televisa as well as HuluPlus show Univision telenovelas a day later and all have both Spanish and English subtitles. If you're learning Spanish it's best to use Spanish subtitles so you can look the words up and increase your vocabulary and your listening comprehension. You will have to have Melinama set you up to be a new recapper with a gmail password and whatever else she does to give you access to the dashboard. She can be reached by emailing her at caray [at] mappamundi.com
 

Jennifer: P.S. All television sets also have closed captioning these days. Find the CC button on your remote and set it to CC1 for Spanish and CC3 for English. Or, go onto your settings menu looking under probably audio to manually set it for CC1.
 

Hey Jardinera. Since I do not live in the US (I am german) CC wouldn't work for me. Can I find the Episodes on the Websites? And do I just write Melinama? Thank you so mich for your help!
 

Jennifer, I live in France and watching on line is the only way for me; try youtube, the captions sometimes work. I don't use them, so I'm not quite sure what other sites there are out there.

Good luck!


 

Jennifer: These sites I've listed, Uvideos and Televisa or Novelas y Series as well as HuluPlus, are all legitimate online websites; and as I said, they stream Univision telenovelas the day after being broadcast live. HuluPlus charges a monthly fee. Those sites have both Spanish and English subtitles that you select from a screen menu for computer screen viewing in that case.

If you were watching live television here then the t.v. closed captioning menu selection would have applied. If you do this well with English you'll be able to understand how to set them up when at those websites.
 

Hello, looking forward for this tn.
Jennifer, we are the same, but Like they say, I get the cc3 for English recap. I speak little Spanish(like that of a child) but I can read and write Spanish better and understand it due to the fact that we had Spanish language included up to our first yr college education (IN the Phil.)then.So it's useful for me, the CC1 (Spanish) caption if there is no English subtitle. Lastly, I buy the much edited dvds but acceptable (with English subtitles) when it comes out much later after it has ended. What helps me most are the English recaps of CarayCaray to validate what I have seen and understood. Count me in the MPV tables.
 

Jardinera, Vida, Adriana thank you so much. You are really nice. I will try these sites and return. You guys rock!
 

Hi Vida2! I am also from the Philippines. What website do you watch telenovelas?

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder