Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mentir Para Vivir! (Synopsis)

[This one takes the place of QBA in the 10 PM Eastern time slot and starts on 10/7.  Anybody interested in recapping or subbing, let Melinama know.]


Oriana will be forced to take another identity in order to protect her daughter.  She will have to confront many obstacles and schemes that will make her Lie In Order To Live!

Oriana Caligaris (Mayrin Villanueva—Eduardo Santamarina’s wife) and Jose Luis Falcon (Diego Olivera) are a Mexican married couple who, for some years now, live in Columbia and today have a six year old daughter named Alina (Ana Paula Martinez).

Jose Luis works in the Columbian Customs Office.  One day he confesses to Oriana that he did some contraband transactions and he deposited the earnings from those in an account under her name without her consent. Therefore, she is involved/implicated and the police are now looking for the two of them.  Disillusioned and disappointed, Oriana flees to Mexico with her daughter, Alina, in order to look for a very dear friend, Raquel (Altair Jarabo) who, together with Lucina (Cecilia Gabriela), is owner  of Hotel El Descanso in San Carlos, in the state of Sonora.  

Among the guests at the hotel is Don Gabriel Sanchez (Alejandro Tommasi), an old friend of Lucina’s, business partner of an important textile manufacturer located in Hermosillo, Senora. After being a widower, he is now remarried.  His wife (Lourdes Munguia) is an ambitious woman twenty years his junior, and whose brother, Berto (Ferdinando Valencia) is a gigolo/opportunistic playboy.  Gabriel is father of Ricardo (David Zepeda), a successful engineer and of a rebellious adolescent, Sebastian (Alejandro Speitzer). 

One day while Don Gabriel is with Alina,   a gunshot is heard and he falls down dead.  Oriana runs in and finds her daughter with a pistol in her hand.  Alarmed, she fears that Alina shot the gun.  At this point, Lucina takes control of the situation, deciding to send the two to Guaymas, Sonora to protect them.  

When Ricardo arrives at San Carlos to pick up his dead father’s body and to start an investigation, he’s informed that the principal suspect of the crime is a young woman who’s traveling together with her little daughter.   

At that same time, Ines Valdivia (Laisha Wilkins), a strange reclusive young woman, takes up lodging at the hotel and dies unexpectedly.  Always the clever one, Lucina takes advantage of the situation to ensure Oriana assumes Ines’s identity, using false documents, thus placing her safely away from the contraband investigation as well as that of Don Gabriel’s murder.  Oriana has her misgivings, but she has no other option than to (duhn-duhn-duhn-duhhhhhhh!!!!)  Lie In Order To Live!!!!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I would like to recap this if Fridays are available. I don't know how to get in touch with Melinima? Cynderella
 

This one actually looks/sounds really good!
 

Sounds exciting! Unfortunately, I'm going to be in Uganda when it starts and will miss the first two weeks. I hope there will be a recapping team for this.
 

Cynderella: She uses "caray [at] mappamundi.com" I think you can write me also using the little envelope icon at the end of the synopsis.
 

Eli: Check your email!
 

Vivi: Sounds fascinating! Business trip or pleasure?
 

Jardinera- Pleasure. Visiting friends.
 

Great telenovela. Who liked La Fuerza del Destino, will like it. (100%)
 

Thanks Jardinera654!
 

Thanks Jardinera....the anon was me....Cynderella!
 

According to a comment on telenovelaworld, the TN is only 100 episodes.
 

How wonderful of Rosy Ocampo to always keep her dramas short. LFDD was also about 100 caps long.
 

Yes, 100 episodes + 2 hours finale. The tn-writer Maria Zarattini (who wrote from Amor real to Pasion, Sortilegio and LFDD) don't like the endless stories. :)
 

I want to recap this, too!! I already watched the first two episodes and it's really good! I mean, really GOOD!
So, whoever is in charge of the recaps (is that you, Jardiniera?), please add me in, too, I'd like to take Mondays if that's ok with all of you. Since I'll be watching On line and the show is almost over in Mexico, I'll have enough time to prepare the recaps over the weekend (as opposed to the Telemundo shows).
So, when does it start?
 

Ok, I was so excited this show finally starts, I didn't read the fine print.
I'll e-mail our blog mom and let her know I'm interested.
 

Adriana: no problems!

========

Cynderella: I'll be staying on Fridays. Tuesdays may be open as well as possibly every other Monday. Email me for more details, ok?

 

AlejoP: Howdy! thanks for the heads up. I thought LFDD lovers would be thrilled with this one too! Rosy Ocampo and Maria Zattarini are tops with me.
 

Be still my heart, my two favorite young actresses, Altair Jarabo and Laisha Wilkins in the same TN? Plus one of my very favorite guys, Fabián Robles?

I'll find a way to add this to my viewing schedule.

Carlos
 

I'm going to give this one pass. There is not enough wine in the world to get me though a David Zepda novela. I love Diego but he isn't enough to hook me into this. The leads don't look right together - she is older than he is and it shows. Hope you all get a good one bur I think I need a rest for a couple of months and time to clear my DVR of all the stuff that is sitting on it. LOL
 

Carlos: Unfortunately Laisha will be only in one episode (the 2nd.) I loved in LFDD, rather than Sandrita. I think Altair like Raquel Ledesma is something fantastic. And another sensation of MPV is Lucina Gonzalez alias CeciGabi.

 

Decie girl: "she is older than he is and it shows."

But the character (Oriana) is in her thirties. :D :D
 

DecieGirl: Yep, it does show--the first thing I noticed from the "avances"--and that's part of the problem with HD and even decent digital broadcasts. Hmmm. Still, I figure I've gotten past much worse than that when it comes to casting disasters re: aging--CS2009 comes to mind immediately!! Man! 50 and 60 somethings playing their earlier selves as teens and 20 somethings!! What a hoot, though!
 

Thanks for putting the info up Jardinera!

Vivi: I reccomend you to set the DVR to save the first week before you go because it sets the rest of the story. Have a graet time in Uganda! Wow!

Jarocha
 

Is it that easy to tell Mayrín is older than Zepeda? I thought they looked the same age and they are only three years apart.


Jarocha
 

Heck, I was hoping that Laisha Wilkins would be around for more than one episode. I just realized that Mayrin Villanueva is Paula from Juan Querendón. I really enjoyed her in that.

Carlos
 

Nope, can't stand Zepeda as a galan. Pass.
 

I love the cast in this! Wish I weren't so darn busy, I'm not sure I can add another TN to my roster right now. I'll try to watch the first couple of episodes and then see if I can squeeze some more in.
 

Between the comments here and on PEAM, I don't think I could pass this one up! I like the storyline. I like that it's on 100 eps. I don't know DZ as a galan, but I'm willing to give him a try. Couldn't be any worse (for me) than CdlF.
 

That should be "only".
 

Jardinera, I don't know how to get in touch with you either. What is your email adresss? Cynderlla.
 

Cynderella: reach me at jardinera654 [at sign] gmail.com Would love to have your witty recaps for this one!
 

Cap'n Sylvia: you'll have to clear the decks and make room for this one, me matey!
======

Wow! We on the graveyard shift will be pleased as pumpernickel to have you all get aboard with this one! We've been limping along faithfully, waiting for our long lost amigos to return to us. =/ ; ? ))
 

Jarocha: As always, thank you for any and all of your background information about what is happening down in Mexico. I do hope you'll be dropping in from time to time to comment on this one. I watched the first 10 minutes or so and was hooked.

 

So I saw this TN introduction today on HOY and they said ''The story of a woman who has to lie to survive, had to flee her country because she was accused of a fraud she didn't commit''

And I thought. I already watched some of that, it was QUE BONITO AMOR, only this time the running person is a woman and has a child.

I am sure this is just another bad idea of a TN where they just changed genders and voilá, they think they have a totally new item! Really!
 

General

Pablo, actually, the tn you are talking about is Mentir para vivir, that starts today on Univision and is quite different from Que Bonito Amor.

First of all, it's an original story, not a remake (as much as any tn can be original, when they always have to use the same tropes and plots) and it's been quite appreciated in Mexico.

But i do agree with you that seeing the same story over and over again can be such a turn off.
 

It depends on what people call ''original''.

It's getting tired and boring to have three TN in a row that ''Lie to survive'' regardless of the filling inthe plot.

Juan Camilo ''lied to survive'' and became Eva.
Santos ''lied to survive'' and became Jorge Vázquez
Now Oriana will ''lie to survive'' and will become somebody else.

yeah! That's what I call ''original''
 

Though it has just began but a real fun will certainly tell u that is will rock the citizen Tv viewers like me. The soap is just amazing.
 

The little amazing Migelito in the Wild at Heart(Maricruz) has just found a competiter by the name Little Alina Oriana's doughtor in Mentir para vivir. The two kids will live to be wonderful actors in the world of soaps.
 

The little Migelito in the Wild at heart (Maricruz) has just found a competitor, the little Alina Orina's daughter in Mentir para vivir. The two kids will live to be just amazing actors in the world of soaps.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder