Thursday, September 12, 2013

PEAM #133- Easter, Thursday, September 12, 2013

The past:
In the ladies bathroom- Alma tells Virus to stay away from Jesus.

At Avon, Xochy is whining about Rogue, Ferny, Discua and how Rogue lied about Discua to keep them apart and the gossip league assures her that Ferny loves her.  Susana warns her that if she keeps acting stupid she will lose Ferny.

Back to the ladies room, Virus tries to insult Paty but Paty is not having it.  Destroying a child’s life, skank, Paty gives Virus back any insults that are thrown to her including the one about being a mother and shoves Virus out of the bathroom by using her for your foul revenge.  Augusta is singing Jesus’ praises to Alma including how good he looks, how smart he is and that he did make the sales target but Alma lets Augusta know that Jesus is hers and that he was healthy before he started working at Orion. The constant pressures have stressed him out and advanced his ulcer.
In the operating room, Jesus seems to be slipping away, while Chatita and Alma pray for him.  Little Val needs her daddy to take her to school, tell her stories; kiss her goodnight; she loves him, (that little girl should win an award, she is so believable- what an actress!!).  Alma needs him to complete her dream of having a family and the operation continues.

The new:
Xochy is still whining about Discua and Ferny and the gossip league (thanks Pablo) suggest a makeover.  They get back to work.  Panfilo starts chatting with Susana and Xochy interrupts and refocuses Susana.  Marisela tells Panfilo about Jesus and Panfilo decides that he needs to go to the hospital to see and support Chatita.  Rogue lies to Xochy that Ferny got back together with Discua, but he will help her get Ferny back.  The gossip league prays for Jesus at the picture of the Virgencita.  They ask for her help because Jesus always advised and helped them.  They light 2 white candles for him and beg the Virgencita to not take him away from them, Alma and Val. Rogue is looking for Susana, insults the league for praying to the Virgencita and makes everyone get back to work.  He also extinguishes the candles.  Boy, the Virgencita will have something special for him on Anvil Day. Cardenas detects that Jessica is nervous and wants to know why.  Is she nervous about the upcoming nookie session???  Val gets permission to see Jesus, while Panfilo arrives to support Chatita

Discua visits an old man who thinks that she is his daughter and she thought that he was Ferny.  Discua sits with the old man, who doesn’t want to die alone.
Elias tells Ferny about the argument with Virus, Alma and Paty.
The doctor has done everything that he possibly can but Jesus is in serious condition.

A barely conscious Jesus- is happy to see Alma, Chatita and Val.  Jesus is ready for Chatita’s delicious meals.   Val is crying and asks if his tummy hurts hurts.  Alma tells Jesus that everyone is outside waiting to see him.  Jesus is happy to see his three beauties.  He loves them with all of his strength/being and he flat lines.  Oh Lord!!   Oh my God, he is dead.

Oh good, he is still alive.  He tells them that he loves them and he adores them with all his being.  Jesus’ spirit sits up and looks around at the three crying women and stands over them watching them cry over his shell of a body.  The spirit tries to tell them that he is okay.  It’s a code blue; the staff is rushing into his room with all types of equipment to resuscitate him.  The skank Vero is watching.  He couldn’t be saved but the spirit keeps watching and then walks away.  Alma screams- that he said that they would be together until the end of time, Val is screaming, this is too sad. She asks if he is sleeping?? Right??   The doctor tells everyone that Jesus has passed away.  Vero is looking in disbelief. Bitch!!   This is so sad.  Everyone is crying, he has touched so many lives.

The women are still talking over the empty shell, while the spirit listens and his life flashes in front of him.  He hears Alma’s voice, Val calling him, telling him how much she loves him, how she needs him to keep telling her the nightly story and Chatita telling him how much she loves him and the spirit returns to the body’s shell.  The love brought him back, it’s a miracle.  Jesus opens his eyes and smiles.  He’s alive!!!

A sad Vero goes to Rogue’s house and goes up to bed. She doesn’t know that Jesus is alive. He doesn’t understand women.

A happy little Val thanks God for listening to her prayers.  Val asks that Elias and Paty stay with her while she sleeps.  She doesn’t have her Queen doll and Elias suggests that she give the Helper doll all of her love for now.  Paty, Elias and Val all snuggle down to sleep.

The next morning:
Alma and Chatita slept in the room with Jesus.  Jesus is out of danger and miracles do exist.  He asks for Val, who is at home sleeping wit Elias and Paty at his house.  Elias made breakfast for Val and Paty.  Paty tells Elias that she is a failure, she can’t keep a job, and what can she do to survive??

Sanson finds the Ayudante head and brings it via dog cam to Rogue’s bed.  Rogue is dreaming that a masked Jesus will decapitate him for beheading the doll. He wakes up screaming and so does Virus.    Sanson is playing with the head and Rogue tries to hide it from Vero.  Inquisitive minds wants to know, so Rogue comes clean.   Rogue has some explaining to do?? Why does he have her daughter’s doll’s head??
Discua fell asleep by the side of the old man who passed away during the night.
Xochy serves Ferny breakfast in bed.  Xochy has to go in to the office early since Alma will be at the hospital.  She is preparing a surprise for him.  Xochy leaves for work while Discua watches from her car.  Xochy catches a cab, and Discua hits her head on the steering wheel trying to hide in her car from Xochy.  Discua sees Ferny leaving and calls him.  She needs to talk to him.  Wink, wink, wink.

Vero wants answers.  Rogue tattles on Val and says that she plays tricks on him, starting with Tiburcio, the frog then the special ink and not to mention the glue on his toothbrush.  Val and Rogue are enemies until death.  All this is comical to Domitilia.

Jesus tells Alma that he felt himself leaving his body, he saw the other side but he heard their voices and saw them suffering and it bought him back, he didn't want to leave them alone. Alma tells him that the doctor thought that he was dead because his heart stopped beating.  He and Alma will be together until the end of the world.

Coming attractions:

Due to the force of love- Jesus lives
The lawyer warns Vero about Nick and that he is a dangerous Mafioso.

Labels:


Comments:
Good evening all,

This was an episode filled with mixed emotions. At first it was so sad and little Valentina is so convincing that I felt my eyes welling up, but ultimately we all knew that our hero couldn't die yet. I just did a straight forward recap with very little humor, it wasn't that type of episode for me. I'm glad that it ended the way that it did, at least for Valentina's sake.
 

Tablet Jefa, thanks for the great recap. I especially liked "the Virgencita will have something special for him on Anvil day." Very well put! I couldn't believe him putting out the candles.

Sanson recovering and delivering the head of the Ayudante doll was good so Veronica knows the truth about Rogelio's role but she is so nuts and morally corrupt it probably won't matter much in the long run. She and Rogelio were made for each other. I hope Paty can stay out of his clutches. She and Elias are so much better together.

I agree that the child actor playing Valentina continues to be outstanding.

Hopefully we are out of the hospital plot now that Jesus is cured.

Jarifa


 

TJ:

Thanks so much for this most marvelous recap. I liked your take on it.

It was a very sorrowful epi, and I was on the edge of my seat, not only with your recap, but the epi as well, and by the way, loved the title for the recap ; )

I did like a couple things in this epi, when Rogue extinguished the candles by the Virgincita he said "Miracle Don't Exist" and then later the Doctor Said "Miracles Do Happen" when Chucho came back to life, how ironic.

So glad that Virus knows the how Rogue is. They are so very much alike, and I hope the giant pie cart, the size of Rhode Island hits them both at the same time. They so deserve it.

Discua is a puzzle in a way. It was nice of her to stay with Fernando the Elder in the hospital all night and he died in the night. I don't however, like her chasing Ferny. I can see her wanting to explain to him what Rogue did, but still, he is married and I don't want them hooking up again.

I wonder what surprise Xochi has in store for Ferny.

I am sooo liking Pato and Elias and Valentina. They are so sweet together. I really like how Pato has taken to Val. I really hope Pato winds up at Avon. I think she'd do well there too.


 

I am with Jarifa too. I hope this hospital plot ends too. The out of body experience was different, but he seemed to be dead a good ten minutes before he came back to his body.

Also it took a while for the crash cart to get to the room. I liked how they cut off the screaming and played the music instead. It was heartbreaking to see Alma, Chatita and little Val (she is a great little actress, I agree) to be crying and screaming like that. Oh, and I liked how, after the crisis, Chatita invited the Doc to dinner some time ; )
 

Tough episode last night, but you did a masterful job with all the details TJ. Thanks so much.

I have to admit, I had to keep putting aside the fact that Val should not have been in that room and experience the death of her father. Just wrong wrong wrong, but it's the plot and just had to go with it. It boggles the mind what that poor child has had to go through. There's a therapist out there who one day will become wealthy off all her sessions.

But I love how Papa Elias is there for her, and the cuddling with Pati was perfect. Love how Vero knows full well what that child is going thru and she just boo-hoos home without a thought of giving her child comfort. Real nominee for mother of the year.

The scenes with Discua and the dying man were very touching, and I'm sure were there to convince us that she is a good person. But sorry, still don't want her coming between Xochi and Ferny.

We're not suppose to like him, but Rog was great comic relief last night. Just Elias in this role. His snitching on Val was like a 10 year old fessing up. Domi's giggling right along cracked me up too.

Now let's move along. I'm sure that Jesus's recovery will be about a day long. Can't wait to see what weird plot line we get next.


 

Thank you- Jarifa, Madelaine and Daisynjay.
Daisynjay- I didn't write it because I was focused on the dialogue but I thought about it. Yes, Val should not have been in the room. Children with the help of the adults do need to maintain their innocence, although I did understand that her presence helped to bring him back.
 

Great recap.

I thought the OBE was very well done. Could have given us a little more to show us who might be calling Chucho from the after life.


 

Thanks Tablet Jefa, I thought this was a perfect recap. You said very little humor but in fact your humor came through in your editorial comments and the way you word things. Guess you can't help yourself!

Hey, my wish came true. The Ayudante doll head showed up and, even better, Sanson was the one who more or less outed Rogue. Val will be so happy to find out her doggy friend was looking out for her, heh.

My favorite scenes were Sanson finding the head and Paty making Vero leave. I wish I could say that Vero learned her lesson when she thought Jesus died, but somehow I doubt it. We'll see.

Maybe Val shouldn't have been in the room, but with her acting props she was one of the better criers. Without her it would have been wailing ad nauseum, Val pulled the heartstrings. Good move on the part of the director.

Thanks TJ. Sorry I couldn't get to the recap earlier but this was a great way to start my Friday.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks, TJ. It was a very mixed-up episode, an emotional roller coaster, but I think you balanced it better in your recap than the episode did.

I couldn't get very worked up over Chucho's death since I knew there was no way it would be permanent. But I thought it was interesting when he heard the voices of all the people who love him, and Vero's was not among them. She may have been feeling a little bit subdued that evening, but as usual it was about HER feelings and plans, and not true concern about Chucho.

I REALLY loved Sanson bringing the doll's head to Rogelio. I think that's the dog's way of letting Rogue know he's on Team Valentina!

I had two ideas about Jess's secret last night. Either she's bald or she can't have kids. Remember that when Cardenas began courting her, he kept saying how he wanted her to have his children...

I was briefly convinced (trying to think of the most outrageous "secret" she could have) that she was going to say she's a virgin, but upon reflection I realize that probably isn't something she would share with her mother.
 

Well TJ, given the subject mater it was definitely best to play the recap fairly straight & leave the snark for another time.

There was a fair amount of unintended humor in this episode. I was pleased to see that the three at Jesús' bedside kept their masks on instead of lowering them like TN hospital visitors always do. But then- just as the wailing got intense the masks were off. But the editor intercut some scenes of Val's touching crying eyes and showed her with the mask off, then on, then off again.
Then later at home Val asks Paty & Elias to stay with her until she falls asleep. Paty gets in the bed on screen left & Elias on screen right. Next shot they are reversed. I guess that the editors were so teary eyed over Jesús' near death walk down the tunnel of light that they couldn't see what they were splicing together.

Yes Patricia is becoming a warm & loving presence in Val's life. It is very sweet to see. She simply treats the little one like a valued & intelligent friend. So not like Moronica.

Güera
 

Thanks, TJ. Great job and I agree, this wasn't that humorous an episode.

Alma's theatrical wailing inspired no emotion in me other than an urge to hit the mute button, but all the others silently sobbing in the waiting room really did make me sad. It was much more wrenching.

They're kind of going overboard with this Jesus thing, aren't they? I'm impressed that he can go from being dead to awake, alert, and declared out of danger just like that.

They couldn't stop at Alma's to get a change of clothes for Paticakes? At least she washed off the silver paint before climbing into bed.

Vero is such an ice cold b-witch to just go home while as far as she knows, her daughter has just lost her father. Ugh. I hope her anvil is rusty and spiky and covered in rotting fish guts.


 

I noticed the place-switching in bed, too, but then I wasn't sure if one of those shots had been a reflection in the mirror. I didn't care enough to rewind and check.
 

It was a mirror.
 

TJ: Thanks for the recap.

Want to get my say in, so posting before reading everyone else’s comments.

Rogue looked a little uncomfortable when snuffing out the candles.

Definitely took BIG dramatic license in this ep. Even if a child would be allowed in the room, which I doubt, the minute Jesus flat-lined, someone should have taken her right out of there. Also, instead of weeping and wailing—GO GET THE DOCTOR!! Finally, I don’t know how long Jesus was supposed to be dead, but I think it was long enough for him to be in a coma with permanent brain damage.

I thought Vero told Rogue that Jesus was alive.

Another wonderful family scene with Elias, Val and Pato.

What did Pato say to Elias that made him laugh at the end of that scene? Maybe Pato could take the position that Jessica was demoted to at one time. I’m sure she could be trained to do it, it didn’t look like it was too brain taxing.

Loved the doggie cam.

So Vero is interested in meeting Nick? This is the first step, if my theory holds true, to her downfall.

Nanette
 

I think Jessica's secret is she still loves Fernando and that she told Discua about the wedding. Just saying. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
 

Thanks so much EJ. I have to confess that I put the first half of this episode on mute, until Jesus had returned to the land of the living. Too much wailing for me.

I did enjoy Sanson and the doll's head, and Rogue's gleeful confession about his feud with Vale. And of course Pati and Elias snuggling down with Vale. That relationship is developing nicely. Now, has Pati seen a shrink yet?

 

Mads: didn’t someone mention Natasha in the girls’ gabfest? Maybe she’s going to dress as her and serenade Fern.

I agree with everyone re: the actress who plays Vale. She’s on my list of actors to look for in future TNs. I’m going to enjoy watching her develop as a serious grown up actor (I was going to put adult actor, but thought I might be misunderstood ;)

I also loved Domi in that Rogue confession scene.

Julie: good theory that Jessica may be barren. I hadn’t thought of that. I also, fleetingly thought she might be a virgin, but also thought, given the cultural aspect, at least of these TNs, her mother would assume she was one. I’m sure if J wasn’t, she wouldn’t tell her mother.

I agree the waiting room scene was wrenching, especially Xochi’s deep sorrow. Also, I noticed Ricardo and Mari together. I thought Jesus looked might chipper for someone who almost died.

Corazon: very interesting theory! I hope you’re wrong, though.

Nanette
 

I should have said "for someone who died"
 

Well... I think I'd be pretty chipper if I'd just come back from the dead! Confused, but chipper!
 

Hola Tablet Jefa. Just getting to this. It's been a loooong day.

What an interesting episode and I'm glad you decided to play it straight, although your wry humor slipped through when you described Sanson bringing the severed head by "doggie cam". That cracked me up.

As did Rogelio last night. I should have been shocked and outraged by his snuffing out the candles to the Virgincita but no, he was just so darn funny doing it, I had to laugh.

And the gleeful confession while Vero disapproved and Domitila disapproved and/or laughed at how Valentina "got" him just amused me no end.

Also, for some reason, the teeny little cap, teeny little mask and teeny little gown on Valentina tickled me. Of course IT WAS AWFUL THAT SHE WAS IN THE ROOM. AWFUL! But that miniature surgical outfit just kept me giggling. (maybe I need to change medication)

I actually was happy that they had us going for a while with Chucho's death. I was almost ready to think, Wow, this novela's going to go in a completely new direction. Interesting. And the haphazard medical response. Take a pulse, listen a little and declare the poor bugger dead. Oh my.

But before last night, I WAS expecting a near-death experience and that's what they gave us. I've read a lot of those accounts and one of my older students actually had an experience like that. She reached a turning point where she could have crossed a river and knew there was no going back if she did. And she thought about all the people who loved her and needed her and whoosh, next thing she knew, she woke up in the recovery room.

Whether these experiences are real or hallucinations, they're fascinating to read about, and evidently unforgettable if you have one!

Good recap Tablet Jefa. And agree, our little actress is quite the thespian.
 

Nanette,

Yes, they did mention Natasha, the secretaries did, I think it had something to do with her look and how Xochi felt she couldn't measure up to the way Discua had "all those assets" meaning the boobs and butt, I think. Hmmmmm..... another make over maybe? Just a guess.
 

Julie: I shouldn't have used the word "chipper". What I actually meant, was that he seemed not to have felt any aftereffects of having gone through major surgery and flatlining.
 

Yes, JudyB- I agree, that little surgical outfit was adorable. I still don't have a clue about Jessica's secret. Thank you everyone for the hints.
 

Cynic that I am, I was wondering if maybe the monitor just coincidentally got unhooked at the same moment that Chucho passed out.

That doctor was so callous and nonchalant about the whole thing, I fully expected him to just shrug and say "¡juárever!" after he said Chucho was gone.
 

Hey, guys. We're nearly 3/4 of the way through.
 

Quick! Someone alert Pablo. He's just hanging by a thread.
 

Can't stand it when (in TNs) someone has suffered a medical emergency or accident and the doctors need free access to the victim, the victim's family and other loved ones insist on hugging and lying all over the person, hampering the efforts to help/resuscitate them. I wish I could reach into the screen and grab them by the collar and throw them out of the room. LOL
Time is precious in these cases - they could actually cause their loved ones' death! All the wailing, crying and gnashing of teeth in the world won't help. Come to think of it, it probably happens in real life.
 

Anon 4:34- I saw a bit of a Korean tn the other day, and one of the characters has a heart attack. Instead of calling the ambulance and taking action, they all cried and wailed, and hung all over the guy for a LONG time before someone finally picked up the phone and called an ambulance. They continued this when he got to the hospital too. I was amazed to see that it's not just LatAm tns where this madness is shown as the norm.
 

Thank you, Nanette, for the episode count!

Jarifa
 

I'm still convinced that in En Nombre del Amor, Paloma actually finished Macarena off in the hospital after Carloca shoved her through the second-floor window by jumping on her and shaking her while shrieking and wailing, instead of running for the doctor and letting him do his job. She totes could have survived the head and neck injury, if not for that extra jolting.

I get that she had to die for the storyline, but it bugged me that they couldn't let her die in a way that didn't make it look like her daughter did her in.
 

That's a good point, Julia . The doctor was very nonchalant about Jesus' recovery.
Yep- where's Pablo - I was waiting for his juarever
In my haste to complete the recap and drool at WL, I did omit that the gossip league mentioned Natasha. She will be instrumental in the makeover.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder