Wednesday, September 25, 2013

PEAM #142-9/25/13: Another Wedding Ruined By A Pearl Necklace (and a Little Help From Veronica) Wink!!!


Recap By Pablo

My wink-o-meter was spinning like crazy!! Like me, covering all the weddings!!

I got good news and bad news!

Discua got out of jail. And well... one could think that being in the path of light and under the microscope of the Universe, subject of its protection, nothing harmful would come our way, right? Wrong! That is not true. See? Discua has cancer, and no reiki or spheric meditations visualizing the tantric triangle had helped her in any way...maybe she is going through a faithless phase. The solution? Go and die, I mean, meditate at the top of a mountain in Tibet with the Buddhists. Maybe her xylophonic winking won't bother them. Or maybe they will think there is a singing bowl!! In her butt!

It's a mad, mad world

Ricardo is now her brother of light, and Remigio one of the security guards. Where did he learn how to run after suspects? Well... Melchor couldn't run to save his life either! He could roll, though. This proves that ANYBODY, anybody can work at Avon, experience not required. 

The key word is reciprocation

How can I describe América and 3bal Monterrey at Valentina's party with one word? Annoying!
How can I describe Alma's huuuge cleavage with one word? Impossible, I need two! And big ones!  Mmm, like a double breast chicken! That Queen's outfit was from another queen a little smaller!
And just to make sure this party was doomed like the first one, thanks to her, even when she blames Jesús, Verónica came to see Valentina and to make everyone uncomfortable . I wish Jesús could have called the police on her but he said he didn't want to ruin Vale's party and he did from tripe heart (Hizo de tripas corazón)

Let's sing the same song all night long until it becomes part of me

That way, even if I live a little, it will seem like it was a lot!
Marisela, curious about Ricardo following this sect, attends Templo Espiritualístico de la Trinidad Mariana, and finds out about Discua's illness. Moved, she joins the group hug. Maybe this way she gets Ricardo back, or maybe he gets her in, who knows, Pánfilo is very busy cleaning the broom closet and won't go to the wedding (something in his heart tells him that Sebastián is there and comparing the two together, Sebastián is a little more maintenance free...

The big day for the big wedding is here!

Now that the fairy tale came true during the proposal, Alma knows she is the Queen and Jesús her aide. Despite being a witness of the real life story, Valentina still insists on having this tale told every night before going to sleep. 
The next day very early (the wedding is at noon) Jesús calls Alma to ask her if she is ready. I was born ready! she says, are you? Jesús, his namesake, overhears the conversation from the wall on top of the bed, where he has seen them way too many times doing the nasty... He can see in the dark remember?

Fantasy thoughts created to mislead us in the previews

Patricia is doing Alma's make up (I didn't see her do her hair) and I am recapping again, Oh, those memories from Acapulco!!
While not brushing anything near Alma's cheek with the blush brush, Patricia tell her about those fantasies of killing her she had while under Rogelio's influence and/or sex addiction. Then warns Alma to not wear pearls because they mean tears but Alma ignores her, saying that she needs something old, something new, something fucsia, something blue and something borrowed and this necklace belonged to her mother... Her mother died. Isn't that enough proof that she should have taken her mother's underwear instead? Or shoes, or anything else!!
Before getting into the Vintage carriage that will take her to the Cathedral, Alma makes the sign of the cross. Well, looks like making the sign of the cross didn't work against Verónica's evil plan, since Alma still was kidnapped and slapped silly until she  almost miscarried that baby.

The Church's fake fountain is surrounded by pink flamingos

Everybody is ready in the Monterrey Cathedral but Alma is missing. Father Sunday says: Porque el amor manda, Jesús. Go and look for her!
I wasn't sure if I saw a group of bridesmaids or some hot pink flamingos (the help wore purple). I understand this is happening in ''Monterrey'' but really? And WTF with Jéssica's makeup? Sometimes white face, sometimes red face? You could see the difference between her neck and her face! Do the make up people know the difference between indoor and outdoor lighting? There's gotta be a solution for that!
Maybe I am upset because Aída was not there and Julio is suffering. I saw his face saying: Another wedding I go to and still not mine!

Chronicle of an announced kidnapping, and Catfight!

Verónica didn't read How to stop a wedding (temporarily) -for dummies, till the end. Remember, this is basic: 
If you kidnap someone, don't show your face, unless you also want to kill the person. And if you want to kill someone, please make sure you actually killed them (like chopping off the head from the body or throwing the whole body in a piranha infested pool). If you leave without being certain, you will always live with that in your head: That person can come back and hurt you. After all this, the person will surely be veeery angry! It's better to be safe than sorry. Just sayin'
Oh, and if you want that all other women in Jesús' life won't have offspring, slap them and kick them so they can have a miscarriage. Make sure they also have a pearl necklace and pull it from their neck, that way it will get Broken, and when someone asks what went wrong, you say, don't look at me, she was wearing pearls... bad idea, right? Not my fault.
Jesús' tummy ache is contagious, Verónica didn't even touch her and Alma fell to the floor screaming, such a wussy!
In a second showing of emotions that makes me think that Vero indeed has a heart even when it is probably ice cold, she shows remorse and calls an ambulance before leaving the crime scene.
 
New York, New York

The girls are very concerned (yeah right) playing a card game while Elías gets a call from New York.
Looks like we will lose him. Sorry, we will gain a better employed Elías, I mean, all for Paty's wellbeing.

Snitch

After tying all the loose ends and assuming that Alma's disappearance is not casual, like Paty said, Jesús comes to the conclusion that Evilónica has something to do with it. So he goes to Royer's mansion to find out.
Rogelio has emotional hangover and eats cajeta flavored ice cream with the same spoon that he feeds Sansón. After all, it is his son, isn't he? How can I tell obsession from real love? Rogelio asks his dog, who is actually smarter but sadly can not talk.... well done Sansón, you get a treat!
Jesús, red with anger, or maybe because Jéssica let him borrow some of her makeup, almost hits him, making him talk. Jesús gets the truth out of Roger. Another missing  chapter from the How to collection... The less you know, the longer you will live...

Xóchitl don't care for contacts

Xóchitl who conveniently didn't go to the wedding, got a visit from Discua (who is followed everywhere she goes by the annoying song).
Before Discua goes away to Bangcock, I mean, Bangladesh, she makes Xóchitl her partner, or owner of all her wealth. Wink, wink

Tomorrow:
a) Alma goes to the Hospital, and needs blood type XYZ negative, dies and then comes back, all with the power of love!
b) Her baby dies and then comes back also with the power of love, and a little faith! Wink!
c) The famous pearl necklace caused all this mess! On her next wedding, Alma better wear her mother's  underpants!

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

What a hoot of a recap! This was a tension filled cap and this is terrific!

Oh, noes, I don't want Elias to be going to New York.

Moronca, or Evilronica, great name by the way, needs an anvil, I don't care if she got remorse or not. She is so evillllll, she really needs to go.

Poor Alma, I wish Pato or Elias had driven that vintage car. It's a shame they got someone from an agency. So now we have bodus interruptus and cancellitus. I really hope Alma and the bebe are okay.

Liked that Maricela went to check out the temple, and that she gave Discua a hug. Rico Suave sure is smitten with the Temple.

So surprised that Discua made Xochi a partner. That was really surprising. Maybe Discua will get her miracle cure in India.

Did anyone else laugh, when Rogue was in bed eating ice cream? I was laughing cause girls usually do that, after having a bad break up. Could it be that Rogue actually has some feelings in that too small heart, like the Grinch, for Pato? I am really beginning to wonder.

I can't wait to see how Alma fares in the hospital and I hope she and the bebe make it and Evilronica gets arrested and has to go to la carcel!
 

Yeah, you're right! This is c-r-a-z-y!
I just want the nearest volcano in Monterrey to cause an earthquake so everybody dies, hahaha!

I am so glad this mess is almost over, one or two more weddings (or attempts) and that's it, phew!
I thought I wasn't gonna make it!
 

Jesus, thanks for the recap and making such a dismal episode so funny!

Jarifa
 

Whoopsie, I meant to direct this to Pablo NOT to one of the characters!

Jarifa
 

Thanks, we do what we can with what is thrown at us, like Rumpelstinkin'
 

I admittedly didn't catch a lot of the episode last night, but Yikes, Pablo you're great snarky recap makes me rather happy about that. (And I didn't know all that about pearls.Interesting.)

So, Veronica left Alma alive but hurt after fully showing herself and arguing with her. I saw the part where she drove up very nonchalantly to the house and the Chucho arm grab...is she really that self-centered and stupid she doesn't realize that this will come back to bite her? I guess she probably figures that she can just bluster her way out of the whole thing...and most likely will get away with it the way this plot works.

Discua comes and Discua goes.

I read a rumor awhile back that the Eli character might get shipped off story-wise to NY because of some actual set issues...I was hoping all that was just untrue gossip. Whatever, I will be pissed if he leaves the story. That leaves Pati to go back to Rog, and after our discussion about who's the better Dad right now, Val with Chucho...who needs to refocus. PLEASE don't have this happen writers...

Daisynjay
 

I also hate when characters don't stick to their character, so to speak. If Eli stays and Paty comes back to Rog it's bad, but if Eli goes and Paty comes back to Rog is double bad.
Once you have made a decision there shouldn't be any excuse excusable enough to end up doing the opposite.

One more thing to hate: writers!!
 

Thanks Pablo for yet another hilarious recap.
I'm still laughing at Sebastian being a little more maintenance free than Panfilo.
Madeleine - rogue eating ice cream was comical.
I just knew that it was too early for a successful main character's wedding. That's tn law.
Onwards to tonight
The writers didn't think this story out. At times it seems that the story line is written as it goes along and is not too comical, but silly.
 

Well... silly is a nice way to put it.
I know this is all about the family and the love and whatnot, but, what's wrong with a character ending up alone?
Patricia can do a lot better alone, or with a new BF that shows up in the last episode, or with the guy she bumped into during the last episode's wedding, juárever! Just NO BACK TO ROG!!
 

So funny, Tablet Jefa, what you said about the writers of this novela is pretty much the same thing people are saying about the writers of Corazón Indomable. LOL

Jarifa
 

Thanks so much Pablo. I didn't get to watch my recording of this yet. Sounds like a LOT of bad stuff happened. Poor Alma.

 

IT IS the same person. I doubt they are more then one writer. Why pay two people when one alone can come up with all this nonsense?

You said it once, there is only onw ''writer'' with a bunch of magnets on the refrigerator door, for each novela she (or he, hahaha, wait, don't stone me yet) mix them up and then she organize the story as best as her (or his) brain allows.
 

Well, Jarifa, it's the same last name associated with these TN's--Meija. So that pretty much explains it. I honestly don't think I've ever watched a TN associated with him, and now the Mrs. who does CI, that there wasn't continuity and/or writing issues. Makes for a hoot sometimes to watch and the recaps can be some of the best trying to figure things out though.

The only way I can see them working out the whole Pati back to Rog is to change HIS character. The worse Vero gets, the more maybe he will see the error of his ways?? Or Ferny will bring him to the "light". Every TN has the character that gets redeemed at the end...being a comedy, maybe he's it. Far-fetched...but hey, consider the plot so far.

Daisynjay
 

Even if Rogue's character is redeemed, I would assume he'd still need to spend a lot of time in jail for his money laundering crimes.

If they are about to send Elias off to NYC (boo!), I'd much rather Pati stay alone and continue to build her self esteem, than return to Rogue.

Didn't get to join in the discussion yesterday, but ITA with what everyone said about the over the top spoiling of Valentina with these lavish parties. Tone it down people.

Discua's dying. Alma's miscarrying. Elias is leaving (?). Vero's escalating. Marta's on the path to freedom and likely mayhem. Ay yay yay!
 

Madelaine!!!!I haven't seen your posting around CI. Where have I been!!!!well, just happened to skim these tn, CI recaps not in yet. Lo and behold I saw this recap. Don't care too much for QBA and PEAM but this one I had to watch because of the slapfest. I dislike very much "Moronca" among the light villainess. She's really a moron. Did she think she won't end up in jail after this incident? What kind of a model mom would she be for her cute and intelligent daughter. And if the bebe died? She would be a murderess.
 

Pablo, I like your reference to the make-up used on the actors, but you should have also mentioned the return of the raccoons...both Alma and Pretty Paty had black eyes. (Alma had two black eyes before Vero "bitch slapped" her.)

Why wouldn't Eli and Pati trail the wedding car when they left Alma's place, or better yet, just transport Alma themselves so the wind doesn't mess up the hair-do, or cause her eyes to tear up, make all that Avon eye black run.

Revlon, Max-Factor, Mabeline...somebody other than Avon needs to have access to these TN Actors on their make-up.

BTW. Our Comments last week on Black Hair... well I think an Associated Press story about a little black girl in Tulsa Okla., being kick out of school because of her hair, was in the local (Richmond, Va.) newspaper today. It may make the national news today, or later in the week. The article touched on many of the same comments we had here last week...


Off Topic... Judy B, we are three weeks into the season. That "karma" thing is working well against my team... This Sunday, our quarterback will have a slight name change: RG043!!!


 

Sorry, I was so upset pinching myself trying not to believe that both Jéssica and Jesús were using ''brick red'' foundation, that I failed to see the raccoon eyes. My bad. I wish I had so I could add another page to my recap. LOL

Beauty (and ugliness) is still in the eye of the beholder...
 

Hi everybody. Pablo, you're were on top of your game as usual. Loved the headings and you have an astonishing grasp of the New Age lingo, my son. I only know these terms because my husband is verrrry into it, but you toss them around with aplomb, I must say.

Like Tablet Jefa, loved your quip about Sebastien being a little more "maintenance-free". Neither he nor Panfilo is a bargain,health-wise, but that's what you sign up for when you date an older man. Or live with one. We all should have trained to be nurses!

Lee, so sorry about RG3. Have faith, have faith. Our Braxton Miller isn't too steady on his pins these days either. Don't know if he'll play against Wisconsin this Saturday but those big bruisers could snap his little legs in an instant. They evidently grow 'em super-size in Wisconsin.

Hopefully, Alma and her bebe in utero will survive. Perhaps Discua will engineer a miracle as her parting gift before leaving this vale of tears.
 

Thanks.
I try to learn a little bit of ''everything'' so I can defend myself or have conversation.
I had a ''friend'' that is also verrry into it and we had a disagreement (I don't believe everything I hear and she couldn't make me change, go figure, LOL) and we parted ways.
I see life in a different way with no need of all the extra stuff.
I live here now and I feel fine, that should be what matters, right?
 

Still laughing over this recap, Pablo. Hilarious.

The moment I heard Elias answer that call in English I remembered how months back I checked something on the PEAM website & noticed that the actor who plays Elias is in substantially fewer episodes than are the others. I also heard a rumor of him bailing. I hate that. In this case he's the most real of the characters and I've been loving his budding relationship with Paty. Arrrgh!

Güera
 

Sometimes when he speaks he does it too fast (for an actor, who is supposed to be trained), but I heard of a disagreement with Colunga.
Not that I care, but I wish that as professionals, they (both) put work before personal things and finish what they started not letting this kind of issues leak to the public.
That's so unprofessional!
 

Ah Pablo. I have to laugh. It IS very hard to deal with New Age enthusiasts. And it's also hard to deal with religion if one is not into it.

We all handle life the best way we can. Some of us need faith in God (I do); some of us need faith in psychics, numerology, astrology, past life regression and the rest of the woo-woo; and some of you tough-minded gals and guys can just navigate through life on your own.

"Individual Differences".

Sorry you and your friend couldn't agree to just live and let live though. Sometimes even Republicans and Democrats marry and coexist quite contentedly! Go figure.

Very sorry though to hear that Elias is leaving the show because of "artistic differences". He and Paty were the only couple I really enjoyed. Shoot! I "get" that life on the set can become very contentious, especially with two Alpha males, but I agree with you...as professionals they should be able to put work before personal issues and finish the story as it was meant to be played.
 

Pablo, a delightful read, as always.

If Alma in her fancy car with driver and Pati and Elias in his car were leaving from the same place, at the same time, and heading to the same church, how did they not notice that Alma had gotten detoured? Did they assume Alma's car was going 5 mph so her hair wouldn't get messed up? If it was any distance to the church, it would have made more sense for her to ride with Elias and switch to the fancy car to make her grand entrance around the corner from the church. Why do I feel compelled to analyze telenovelas for logic and practicalities? That is a wormhole for sure.

I think all tensions on the set can be traced to the costumer's apparent intense love of hot pink. Not enough that the uniforms are hot pink; Xochi has to keep wearing it all the time, and the bridesmaids have to wear it to the wedding, too? (I did love the description of flamingos by the fountain.) Even Delia was sporting hot pink! They need to bring in more soothing blues and greens.

Best part of the show was Rogue in bed with his giant bucket of ice cream.
 

I think I heard Paty say:
-we are going to go ahead so we can get there before you do, to get everything perfectly organized.
Caring for the most minimal detail they forgot one of the big ones: Verónica
Nobody thought that she was not going to stay with her arms crossed. This is the (insert number here) time that she is doing something to spoil something else.
She is so predictable and yet so harmful!
 

Pablo, I hope you recap again, and recap again something you hate, because you are at your best as a cynic mocking all, love your take on the show! So I couldn't make out what Elias said except for NY. What was the whole discussion and do we know for sure he's leaving? Not happy.

Lorena
 

According to an article on the Huff Post, the actor that plays Elias said that all the rumors are wrong. That the executive producer just told him one day that they were getting rid of his character and he was really upset about it. He doesn't know why and wishes they had killed him off because him going to NY doesn't make sense for the character.

I'm sad as he is my favorite.
 

Well... if it didn't make any sense to me before, it doesn't make any sense now either.

So, one day the producer wakes up and say: Today I am getting rid of this character, regardless of what interconexions s/he has with the rest of the cast and his/her place in the plot. I have this roulette and this dart and today will be... this one!

That's stupid.
Even when the TN is a completely train wreck where the only thing in common with the colombian version is that A MALE is working (OR WAS ANYWAY) as a SECRETARY! God forbid! Thats is such a risqué issue since manly man shouldn't be doing that. That, I assure you, will make the TN successful, yes sir!

But then they keep messing the story along the way, changing more and more, and not caring if the people watching is rooting for the characters?
There's like what, 2 months worth of TN left, why would you in your right mind get rid of a character?

Juárever!
 

My own opinion is that producers and dismissed actors are probably both well served not to get into any extra info that would shed a bad light on them or anyone else in the production. No need for dirty laundry in public because inthat very small telenovela world many of these people will be working together again and again and again. But again that does not stop us from trying to ferret out the truth and, Pablo, I agree he is out for a reason rather than just being written out at this point.

My big question is what are they going to do when Sanson dies because he did die during this production. I remember hearing about it last spring (?) Will he be replaced or just get out of the yard and run away.

Jarifa
 

Tks Pablo

Make that a really big volcano so it can cover Tamaulipas too & take out Corazón Indomable.
 

Speaking of, I always watch a little bit before PEAM and I was missing the mute girl, whatever happened to her? Did she have her baby too?
 

Pablo, the mute girl is Solita and yes she had her baby. She is one of the character ghosts of the show. CI is now famous for these ghosts, characters that show up every 30th episode to say "remember, I'm still here!" and then drift away again. If Elias from PEAM was on CI, his story would never wrap, we just would never see him again and be left wondering what's happening to him.
 

Hahahaha!
So leveling them up, PEAM is automatically getting better!

We could always see Elías talking on the phone by a window (that is actually a big screen) showing Times Square. They do that in Avon, why not again in NY?
 

I felt bad for Alma (almost?) losing her baby, but Please, Blanca Soto ... take some acting (crying) lessons!
 

If Elias goes to NY, the show should just follow him there. Chucho and Alma could live boringly ever after offscreen back in Monterrey, Pati could get a job as a fashion buyer or something in NY, Rogue could follow and do something to make us laugh, Val could come for visits, the other characters who aren't too annoying could stay on the show somehow by coming to visit or by holding down the fort at Avon Monterrey after Alma retires and Rogue goes Rogue. And no more stupid fairy tale story! Or at least throw in some dragons!
 

Is cajeta the same as dulce de leche? Was Rog eating a huge pail of dulce de leche, or was it dulce de leche ice cream, which just has a ribbon of the condensed milk running through it? It looked to me that he was just eating pure dulce de leche. I have on occasion eaten a jar or can, but usually feel pretty sick after that. I cannot imagine a huge container!


 

Boringly ever after, hahahaha, that's hilarious!

The container read: ICE CREAM and a little lower: CAJETA.

Cajeta is similar to dulce de leche abd I have tried that one you mentioned, with the swirl. This looked all brownish. After he and Sansón finished that two gallon bucket, he asked Domitila for another one but with CAJETA ENVINADA (with alcohol, wine) because he wanted to get drunk!

 

The bucket said helado on it, so it must have been ice cream with dulce de leche in it. Even so, that quantity should have made him very sick! And he hollered to Domitila to bring him more!
 

Great recap, Pablo. Thanks as always for your smartazz quips. You keep us all on our toes that this is not Shakespearean drama but a comedy and certainly not of WS's caliber. Oh those pearls, they may be real and someone ought to sweep the floor of that warehouse room. Now will they go after Veronica the violent?
 

Pablo,
PEAM is 100 times better than CI.

The monkey that was on there has disappeared also. I thought he had gone to Germany with Bieber, but I was assured he was busy writing the episodes.
 

So now he works behind the camera, hahaha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder