Saturday, October 19, 2013

La Tempestad, Capitulo 60, Friday, October 18, 2013: Exclusive! Baby Michel Tells His Story: Life with Papi.


First of all, don't feel sorry for me.  I know my mami is just using me to get at my papi.  She's hanging out with her Mean Girl cousin and that creepy dude Hernán, not to mention the freak with the bad rug and the painted eyebrows.  But you have to know that my papi is on my side.

We're not exactly living at the Ritz.  Papi rented us a rooftop room after we got kicked out of the pensión. (My crying kept the other lodgers awake at night.  What did they want from me?  I'm a friggin' baby.) It's raining really hard outside.  Papi has buckets set out to catch the water that pours in through the holes in the ceiling and the windows.  It's chilly in here.  Papi bundles me up and snuggles me.  He gives me my bottle.

UPDATE FROM R-LAY-DEE…….
Padre Tomás is not expected to survive the night.  His lungs are failing.  I repeat, he may not live through the night.  When questioned on the whereabouts of her daughter-in-law, ShutUpRosy reported that she is where she belongs -- in the house, doing the laundry.

Oh man.  I don't feel so good.  Papi!  Wah!  He hears me!  He comes and feels my forehead and says I'm burning with fever.  He gathers me up in my bunting, covers me with his own leather jacket and hustles me outside to find a doctor.  A nice lady in the street points him to the Red Cross Hospital.  Papi -- watch out for the traffic or you'll get us both killed!

The nurse in the Cruz Roja comes running when Papi calls for help.  [I'm only a baby but even I know that Papi makes people want to help him -- well except for that creepy Hernán dude.  Note to self:  watch and learn.]  They take me into the back and Papi goes to the chapel and asks the Virgen Morena to save me.


Papi calls Marina -- she's not my mami but I wish she were -- and tells her I'm in trouble.

Did you know that Marina has a twin sister?  I'm not kidding.  Right now her twin, Magdalena, is sitting in a group session in a high-class rehab center.  The group leader is a cute guy named Valentín.  I think there's a little spark between Magda and Val.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  Wait.  Is that even ethical?

Papi is losing his cool.  It's pretty sweet, though, how worried he is about me.  [Even so, I hope he's not going to go nuts like this every time I get an earache or a cold.] 

Marina must have taken the family helicopter because she gets to the Cruz Roja lickety-split  and falls into Papi's manly muscular arms.  Aunt Becky and José are here too; everyone is telling Papi to keep the faith.

There's something you need to know about Alicia -- she's a dear woman with a knack for screwing the pooch.  So when creepy Hernán dude calls the house asking for Marina, she tells him exactly where to find her.  Arrrgh.

Papi is getting more and more Cuban -- !Dios mío! Marina tries to soothe him.  She finally  persuades him to accompany her to the chapel.  He is grateful she is with him at a moment like this; but it's not enough -- he wants her to stay with him forever.  [Ok, we both do.]  Or doesn't she love him anymore?  Marina starts to say:  Damián…Damián

Drat!  That creepy Hernán pushes his way into the chapel before she can spit out the end of the sentence.  He says he came to tell her that Padre Tomás is on his deathbed after being gravely injured in an accident.

[Note to Production:  They told me I was the Verge of Death guy tonight.  Your precious padre can have his own blessed episode.]

Remember the freak with the bad rug?  That's Macario. He's calling my grandpa Fulgencio to invite him to a meeting tomorrow.  The junta will be deciding who takes over the Organization.  Gramps says he'll be there with bells on.

Hey, these Red Cross docs are okay.  The antibiotic is doing its stuff,  I'm feeling better and Papi is already making plans for where we go from here.  Forget the cuarto de azotea (room on a rooftop) -- Papi will get an advance on his salary from his new boss, Claudio, and then José will help us find a furnished apartment.

UPDATE FROM THE ORGANIZED CRIME DESK…..
Crime bosses meet to name replacement for the late Ernesto Contreras.  EC's faithful servant, Blas, makes a surprise appearance.  Hernán Saldana names himself as the successor to Contreras in spite of the vocal opposition of local cacique, Fulgencio Salazar.  

[Hey. That's my grandpa.  What's he doing with these crooks?  Uh oh.  Grandpa Fulge is mad that creepy Hernán dude is the boss.  Macario warns the creepy dude to watch his back around Gramps.  Hernán is way ahead of him -- he wouldn't trust Gramps for anything, not for a sack of scorpions (un costal de alacranes).]

Papi and Marina are staring at me and at each other.  I'd like to get out of this plastic box. What?  Oh, it's an incubator.  

I hear Marina tell Papi what she had no time to say in the chapel:  Yes, she still loves him.  Awww.  But she knows that now that my mami Esthercita is back, she won't stop at anything to win Papi back.

You got that right, says Mami, suddenly appearing in the nursery. [She may be a harpy but she sure knows how to make an entrance.]  She snaps her fingers disdainfully and tells Marina to beat it.  Papi tells her she should be happy Marina is interested in her kid, that is to say, me.  Where was Mami when I needed her?

Marina slips away.  I don't blame her -- even I'm wishing I were somewhere else.  Mami whines about how Marina is trying to steal my affection the way she stole her husband.  Papi sets her straight -- no one can take what she never had; and if she wants MY affection, she'll have to earn it!  [Maybe she can start by learning to do a nice diaper change.  With the good wipes -- you know, the soft ones that are easy on the tushy.]

The Red Cross doc says Papi can take me home.  Since we have no home yet, Mercedes says I can stay in her house.  Mami doesn't like that one bit.  Do we know if Alicia is at home today?

RUMORS FLY…
The undead Ernesto Contreras isn't surprised by Hernán's take-over.  He was grooming him for as his successor, after all.

Mami is mad that Papi wouldn't let her take me.  Creepy Hernán has a plan…

He shows up at Mercedes's mansion.  He wants to talk to Marina.  My Marina.

Meanwhile I'm upstairs all alone in my bassinet.  Where is everyone?  I just got out of the hospital!  Aren't you afraid I'll stop breathing?  Sheesh.

They let creepy dude in the house; no one notices that Mami and her Mean Girl cousin sneak right in after him and slip up the staircase of potential doom.  Is there NO security in this big old house?

Mami steals into the bedroom, pulls me right out of my little white bassinet, and then she and her cousin run off with me.  [Thank God they didn't trip on the stairs and drop me.  I mean did you see their shoes?]  Mami texts the Creep:  Ya tengo al niño.

So now you all know how I ended up in Mami's place in R-Lay-Dee.

Poor innocent Papi comes to the mansion to pick me up.  Creepy dude is on his way out, but first he stops to kiss our Marina on the side of her head (In her hair, actually.  Hope he got a mouthful of product.)  Papi is annoyed for a moment but then smiles.  He and the crew will soon be working for Claudio and José has found us an apartment.  

Papi and Marina climb up the stairs, go to the guest bedroom…and find my empty bassinet!

[We hear the Boing, the new sound effect, kind of like a whoopee cushion, used to punctuate bad stuff.  Have you noticed?]

Well okay then.  It's about time someone checked on the BABY.  José knows nada.  Becky knows nada.  Alicia?  What, are you kidding me?  Bea doesn't have me.  How can this be?  No one was in the house!  No one except creepy dude Hernán.  But he couldn't have taken the BABY because he was with our Marina all the time.

Grandpa Fulgencio has been busy.  He smiles happily and holds out a sheaf of papers to Grandma Delfina.  As soon as she signs them, they can get the plans for the new hospital underway.  Grandma hesitates -- maybe she should read before she signs -- but then goes ahead.  What a great idea the hospital is!  It will help so many people!

But Grandma is wrong!  Grandpa is having her sign a new will naming him as her sole heir.  [Hey, what about me?  What am I, chopped liver?]  Those papers are really a death warrant for Granny! 

[Time out:  Writers!  Do you know what a genetic burden you have given me? And what if Papi isn't my papi?  I need my Nuk.  Now.]

The geniuses in the big house are still scratching their heads over my disappearance when Papi's phone rings.  It's Mami and she tells him I'm with her in R-Lay-Dee.  If he wants me, he'll have to come and get me.

Is Papi going to send the cops after Mami?  She deserves it.  Our Marina puts it all in perspective, bless her heart.  It's MY well-being that matters.  Being a parent means putting aside resentment and looking for what is best for the child.  That is, for ME.

Papi is touched.  He allows himself to dream of the happiness he's going to feel when our Marina tells him she is expecting his child.  Marina begins to stammer...

Damián, yo necesito…

But Mercedes interrupts her and blathers about how Mami is my mother and it's terrible to separate a mother and child. So Papi decides he will go to R-Lay-Dee and try to reason with Mami.  Because that has always worked in the past.

When Mercedes and Marina are alone, Marina admits she was on the verge of telling Papi about her pregnancy.  She is so confused.  She doesn't want to hurt ME.  But she loves Papi so much.  Mercedes asks: Won't Papi feel betrayed when he finds out she has concealed her pregnancy from him? Is it fair to keep this secret?  [So why did Mercedes interrupt Marina when she was about to speak up?  Besides, anything that creepy Hernán dude knows is, by definition, not a secret.]

Dam and Marina murmur sweet nothings and talk about fighting for their love.  Damián is determined to do things right.  He will get everything squared away with Esthercita; and then he will come back for his one true love.

Now Delfina is my kind of Grandma.  She appreciates me.  [I bet she wouldn't leave me all alone in an upstairs bedroom, out of earshot and out of sight.]  Even Grandpa Fulge is getting into the baby-worship spirit.  Sangre de mi sangre.  [But isn't all family pride a little selfish at its heart?]  Mami's going to call me Fulgencio, right?

[Oh just kill me now.]

But this time Mami actually defends me.  I already have a name: Michel Fabre!

Grandpa Fulge is furious.  Named after his worst enemy? The name is a deal-breaker.  Don't come to him for money.  Let her husband support her!

I told you about Magdalena and the cute guy in rehab, right?  I guess they've moved from soulful stares to meaningful communication.  Valentín recognizes how Magdalena has suffered; he invites her to open her heart to emotions like love.  He will be her teacher, if she will permit it.  

They even have a song: Vida Nueva. (Pues junto a ti yo siento que encontré el lugar perfecto…)  I think this means Magda is going to be okay.

I'm not sure about Mami though.  She wants Grandpa Fulge to give her her inheritance.  Over my dead body, says Gramps.  This seems to be the cue for the grandparents to leave;  my nice Grammie Delfina hands me back to Mami.  

And at that very moment, my papi shows up.  He is mad!  Mami took me without his permission, he says, and he is here to take me back.  Or does he have to file charges against her?  Grammie gets upset.  Mami tells her to butt out.  She and Papi need some alone time to fix this.

Grandpa chops the air with his hand.  Ach, he says with disgust.  The grandparents leave.

Mami gets very quiet.  She puts me in Papi's arms -- whew, now I feel safe -- and asks him to forgive her and give her another chance.  He says it's all over; he will never love anyone but Marina.  But now he wants to know --

WHERE WAS MAMI ALL THAT TIME SHE WAS MISSING?  AND WHO WAS SHE WITH?

Mami says she is ready to tell him the truth.  After the sailboat exploded, she fell into the hands of a man who ran a human trafficking ring.  It is too painful to go into detail, but she was his slave; and he paid her in clothing and jewels, never money.  

Papi is sad for what she suffered.  He says they have both been marked by tragedy since the night they spent together.  Mami says the bad stuff is all her fault; Papi says that's not so.

Mami thinks she is a different person now, more mature, able to see Papi's worth.  But Papi gently tells her again that it is over.  It is time to close this chapter of their lives quietly and calmly.

Mami understands that she can't force Papi to stay with her.  She asks for a couple of days to get things settled; and then she'll give him a divorce.

TE DARÉ EL DIVORCIO
TE DARÉ EL DIVORCIO

The echo machine scares me and I start to cry.

Is Mami being sincere with Papi?  Am I really safe with any of these people?  Tune in on Monday and find out!

Avances:  Creepy dude Hernán forbids Mami to sign the divorce papers.  A perverse war is launched to keep Marina and Papi apart.  

Labels:


Comments:
Oh boy. I think this may be another triple episode, run through the Univisión compactor especially for the American public.

Dear Univisión:

Would you please please stop messing with what is my favorite telenovela right now?

Love,
NovelaMaven
 

Maven:

It's the middle of the night but I have to tell you that this recap made me get up and eat a spoonful of almond butter. It was that good. (It was too late to open a bottle of Champagne to celebate your genius).

Michel's realization of his genetic load made him want his NUK, now. I can't stop laughing. The cat's think I have asthma from all my wheezing.

This was brilliant. I have to be out all day tomorrow, but I will note my favs on Sunday.

In profound appreciation of you, your talent and this perfect recap,

Elna June
 

Great Recap NovelaMaven, I don't have time to read the whole thing now, have to dash out to a seminar, but looking forward to reading the whole thing with a cup of tea and a muffin later. So clever to do it from the view of the baby!! (Or Champagne and almond butter).

Memorable so far, "the freak with the bad rug" I knew immediately who that was, and , "...Note to Production: They told me I was the Verge of Death guy tonight. Your precious padre can have his own blessed episode."
Can't wait.

 

This is incandescent, and riotous, NovelaMaven! You have outdone yourself. How do you drum this up? Thanks for the laughs... my favorite medicine.

"[I'm only a baby but even I know that Papi makes people want to help him -- well except for that creepy Hernán dude. Note to self: watch and learn.]"

"Papi is getting more and more Cuban... hope he's not going to go nuts like this every time I get an earache or a cold."

Too many...


EJ - I too am wheezing.


This episode feels so rushed, I can't even savor DamPapiChulo, nor the appearance of Valentin (Mauricio Henao - PapiChulo Jr).

Hernán sure is a buzzkill.


Has the Pest finally come to her senses, and will she grant the divorce? pfshhhh!




 

NovelaMaven -- This was brilliant. It was a joy to read from beginning to end. It was indeed a three episode combo. Damn you Univision! Not even going to bother to watch their chopped up version.

I loved the "Papi is getting more Cuban" line. I love when WL gets more Cuban.

So we have a new character - Valentin played by Mauricio Henao. Yes it does look like Magda will be saved. Thank goodness. She deserves some happiness in her life after all she has been through.

I wanted to scream when Alicia blabbed to Hernan where Marina could be found. ShutUpAlicia!

Ugh!! Hated how Pester took Baby Michel. Also hated how they did not let DamFab press charges against Pester. Come on Marina! Tell DamDaddy about your pregnancy.

So Hernan is new Big Boss. Oh will he be surprised when Ernesto makes his big comeback. And Fully is planning to off Delfina. She better watch her back. Hated how he tricked her to sign her will leaving him as the sole heir.
 

Isn't it against the law to be this funny? Man, you really knocked it out of the park.

Just a few of the gems:

"There's something you need to know about Alicia -- she's a dear woman with a knack for screwing the pooch."


"Papi is getting more and more Cuban... hope he's not going to go nuts like this every time I get an earache or a cold."

And then the riff on how outraged baby thought he was the designated one in Mortal Danger,so "get your own blessed episode Padre!"

Lord, I feel like I have appendicitis, I've laughed so hard. Watching this will surely be a letdown. I'm just going to read and re-read your recap and enjoy myself on the gawdawful, rainy, just-slit-my-wrists-now day in central Ohio.
 

NovelaMaven - Brilliant recap - and from Baby Michel's view, love it. My fave among many lols:

"Well okay then. It's about time someone checked on the BABY. José knows nada. Becky knows nada. Alicia? What, are you kidding me?"

Yay, Mags gets a good love interest. I was afraid she'd fall for Hernan. Valentin looks like a keeper.
 

Novela Maven, What an excellent recap! I love your farcical snarkisms.
Is it possible that Univision is cutting episodes because of lack of popularity of the telenovela , or are some of the episodes considered too steamy for our "refined" American Tastes?
At any rate your recaps are brilliant. I love to see this done from the perspective of Michelito, and I hope that the good Padre will come back "on a wing and a prayer".
And no matter what old Ful-some does, I still love him and see him as a big teddy bear.
 

Good afternoon, all. I am in the middle of chores ..dishes soaking in the sink, laundry to be put away, etc...but I had a say thanks for another clever recap via our sweet bebe.

Well, after my usual weekend tomato feta omelet breakfast with friends, I need to get listening quizzes and descriptive paragraphs corrected and those chores done. However, I will do it while watching"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." Talk about a drama with two beautiful leads. I love the 50s fashion and the plantation mansion. Have a good Saturday everyone.
 

Fantastic NM
So glad Miquelito spoke up, poor baby has been bounced around.

Now grandpa isn't even going to like him 'cause his name is Michel, he can just call him kid.

Delfina goes from hating Fulg, to trusting him, ?Que what? she signs the papers????

 

NovelaMaven, I'm not surprised with your creativity which you show us at every turn. However, that does not mean that I am anything but unfailingly impressed. Amazing.

Like Judy, absolutely loved "Alicia -- she's a dear woman with a knack for screwing the pooch". Is there any possibility this sweet, caring soul could possibly be capable at ANY task? Sigh.

"Your precious padre can have his own blessed episode" and "Even Grandpa Fulge is getting into the baby-worship spirit" were among my favorites. Thoroughly enjoyed the embedded vocabulary.

Poor Delfina signing her own death warrant. She never reaped any of the love or devotion she so generously sowed...

Shame on Mercedes for the lack of security and frankly, to all of the house's inhabitants for being so careless with our dear author.

Mauricio, also hoping for some well deserved love for Mags and a happy ending. She deserves it.

Can't wait until Ernesto returns to usurp Hernan's precarious position and to reclaim his wife and child. It's a shame that Hernan now knows Mercedes turned him in. I fear his vengeance will be terrible.

NovelaMaven, outstanding once again. Thank you.

Diana
 

Hi everyone!

I was a little nervous about posting this one. What seems like a good idea in the madrugada is sometimes just an embarrassment in the full light of day. So I am particularly grateful for your kind words. Thanks so much.

I almost feel guilty telling you I am looking out at a crisp, sunny fall day. The trees around my house are beginning to lose their leaves, but there is still enough red and gold to allow me to forget about the bleak November days lurking around the corner. Ah well.

Miss Elna June:
You know how to lift a Maven's spirits. Only you could talk of almond butter, Champagne and NUKs in the same breath. The same wheezy breath. You are so good to me.

Emarie:
Saturday seminars trump silly recaps. Always. So glad you liked the initial taste and hope you come back later for more.

Shallowgal:
"This episode feels so rushed, I can't even savor DamPapiChulo, nor the appearance of Valentin (Mauricio Henao - PapiChulo Jr)."

I know. It's just nuts, right?
Hey, thanks for the nice words.

Mauricio:
I'm such a fan of yours that I blush at your praise. Thank you, amigo.

About Fully's plans to off Delfina --
I know that the body count in Mejía's novelas is usually impressive and there are usually a few good guys lost; but I'm really hoping that Delfina is spared. I've become quite fond of her. [And so has baby Michel]

ShutUpAlicia is right!
 

JudyB:

What can I say? I am thrilled that on this gawdawful, rainy, just-slit-my-wrists-now day in central Ohio, I have given you something to smile about. Here in Wisconsin I'm grinning at getting a JudyB Seal of Approval. You don't mind if I frame it, do you?

Niecie:
I also have my fingers crossed that Magda will stay far away from creepy Hernán. Her turnaround is going to be unrealistic, I'm sure. But hell, this is a fairytale, not a documentary. :-)

sandydoc:
I'm glad you stopped by again and flattered that you enjoyed the recap.

We know that Univisión censors love scenes routinely even in the most popular novelas. We don't know why, exactly. I have speculated that they have their pan-hispanic American audience pegged as very conservative; and that they want to brand themselves as the "family" network. That's just a theory though.

How popular is this novela? It seems to be doing better in the US than it did in Mexico; but it isn't quite as successful as its predecessor in the time slot, Amores verdaderos.

Some of us feel it would be more popular if Uni stopped cutting out the charming subplots -- the José and Becky romance, the Lolo stuff, the scenes in La Guacamaya -- and particularly if they left in all the golden DamFabulousFather scenes. Bah.
 

Thank you, NovelaMaven, this recap was ingenious being written from the baby's perspective.
It's too bad that DamPapiChulo didn't get a paternity test for the baby, but then the novela would be over.
I love the tennis game match look exchanges that Becky and Jose were giving to DamFab and Marina, when we thought that she would spill the pregnancy beans to him.
I love the ShutUpAlicia name, she is sweet but talks too much.
Hernan is like poison ivy, what a pain!

 

Hi Susanlynn:

Oh how you bring back memories. I saw Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on Broadway in 1974. Elizabeth Ashley was Maggie the Cat. And I learned a new word: MENDACITY. It has served me well over the last 39 years.

Variopinta:

I kept hoping that Delfina would stop and look at what she was signing. Did you notice how she paused? But Fulgencio is like a sorcerer who holds her under his spell. Would HE lie to her?

[They did cut a bunch of short scenes that led up to the moment of the signing.]

Diana:

As always, I appreciate your lovely words.

"Poor Delfina signing her own death warrant. She never reaped any of the love or devotion she so generously sowed..."

Yes. The poor woman has been betrayed by just about everyone close to her. I continue to hope she survives and ends up being like a mother to Damián (and, of course, a grandma to little Michel).

"Shame on Mercedes for the lack of security and frankly, to all of the house's inhabitants for being so careless with our dear author."

Indeed.
 

Tablet jefa:

"Hernan is like poison ivy, what a pain!"

Ooh, I love that image. After contact with Hernán, you have to shower, wash your clothes, pop a benadryl and slather yourself with calomine lotion. And even then, most of the time you end up with an itchy rash. :)
 

Ah well, the weather is always lovely in Wisconsin. When I taught at Carroll College in Waukesha, seems like the Winter skies were always bright blue and of course lots of lovely snow as well. Not to mention those fabulous Friday night fish frys.

Enjoy the beautiful weather. I love Wisconsin and I loved the recap!
 

NovelaMaven, what a very clever recap. Very funny (well of course it is... it's a NovelaMaven product) and I love the idea of telling the story through the baby's eyes. Years ago I asked my cat, Jack, to fill in for me with a recap with mixed results. He didn't have any respect for the characters and unfortunately not much for our target audience either. I think baby Michel was a much better sub. Good job... I'm envious.

"There's something you need to know about Alicia -- she's a dear woman with a knack for screwing the pooch."

No kidding. You'd think that Mercedes would start answering Alicia's call with:

"OK, what now?"

But then how clumsy was it of Mercedes to jump in just as Marina was about to reveal her pregnancy to Damián? These two may be perfectly matched. After all, Mercedes managed to lose two baby daughters and then decided to pursue a career before attempting to recover them. And I believe it was out of her hands that the wind took the original copies of the evidence that would have kept Damián out of prison. I would label Mercedes as something of an incompetent as well.

Wow, the baby was deathly ill and then what? the next afternoon is ready for discharge. Amazing pediatricians in DF.

I think for me the most unpleasant scenes are when Marina and Damián are alone speaking with each other. Once they finally settle down as a married couple, I think there's a good chance that they'll bore each other to death.

I'm wondering how Becky and Magdelena will get on once they meet. They share a similar interest but a very different approach these days.

Carlos
 

JudyB:
You are a peach. I hate to mess with anyone's fond memories but I have to say that we get plenty of Anywhere But Here days, sometimes gray and bleak and cold, sometimes white, gray and frigid. Not today, however. So I count my blessings.

Carlos:
I am immensely flattered that you enjoyed Baby Michel as narrator. I'm sorry I missed Jack's turn on the blog. He was surely the coolest of cats. (Maybe too cool for school?)

You'd think that Mercedes would start answering Alicia's call with:

"OK, what now?"


Now THAT'S funny!
 

Those papers blew away because there are no manila clasp envelopes in Mexico, but I blamed Alicia somehow, I forget why.
Alicia let the papers fly away, she let Magdalena get away, she let the baby be taken, she's always telling anyone who calls where they can find people. Yeah, she's sweet, and she is necessary for these plot contrivances.
They cut so much out of the episode, what happened to the Padre, did he die or what? Also, people kept going back to the sea town and then back to Mexico city so fast-like they walked next door. It actually would be a good story if they didn't chop it up so much, but I agree with Carlos, I don't need to see those long conversations between Mar and Dam-these are not great conversationalists.
 

NM, thanks so much for your recap. It was so great of you to make little Michael the author and give him a good wit. With his gene pool, its great you can continue to make him loveable.

As Diana noted, I'm surprised Mercedes does not have more security. Though she believes Ernie is dead, she knows he had an organization with plenty of lackeys who would make her life miserable. I can't wait 'til Herny gets revealed.

Susanlynn - I remember seeing "Cat" on tv and thinking the two leads looked so good the audience may not pay much attention to what was actually going on. Liz and Paul were great in their acting and their pulchritude.

Variopinta - ITA what happened to Delfina? You know your husband is horrible and you sign a new will without a lawyer?

Mauricio - thanks for the info that this ep was another 3-in-1. Stop messing w/us Uni!!
 

Karen and Novelamaven....I love to watch old movies. I haven't seen "Cat" in awhile , and I forgot how good the ending was. Liz was a beautiful woman, and Paul Newman was Adonis. My uncle Harry looked a little like him.
 

Padre T is still fighting for his life. Even though he had some respiratory problems he had a good night. While the danger is not gone there is some hope. Padre T will accept God's decision but he wants more time to see the bad guys pay and to help the good guys.

Poor JazLu was having a hard time carrying home heavy groceries. Nereo pestered her a little and ShutUpRosy saw them. She slapped JazLu. Then later she made JazLu clean behind the fridge. JazLu started to feel a pain in her belly and started bleeding. Candy arrived and took her to the hospital. At the hospital, Candy told ShutUpRosy off for having made JazLu do all the hard work around the house. Candy will have a talk with Lazaro if ShutUpRosy continues to torture JazLu. ShutUpRosy decides she'll change her strategy with JazLu.
 

NovelaMaven, I knew this would be a great one as soon as I read the title. Loved the point of view from tiny Miguelito and his wise and witty observations.

 

NovelaMavel,
Babe Michel's point of view is so clever, wise and cute. Thank you for the brilliant recap.

What is wrong with Univision? Does it want to complete this TN before Christmas ?

Mauricio,
My two roommates have stopped watching this show. Can you try to convince them to come back ?You did it before. One good thing is that my friends still reading this blog, If they see some scenes have WL ,then they peek a little.

Anita,
Where are you? Are you still working on my DAM... list?

Carlos,
I disagree with you about the conversation between Dam and Mar, bored ?? Are you kidding?
I've never paid attention to what they said. I just look.
Besides, there is a old saying in my culture :" Husband and wife are so loving and so beautiful, they are happy by just look at each other". (I am not kidding here).

I've wondered, If baby Michel is really son of Ernesto, could Damian claim him as his, legally?

Vivien
 

Vivien - I couldn't agree with you more (about just looking at Dam/Mar, and them just looking at, or saying sweet nothings to, each other). lolzzz!!! although... I... hang on to every DamFab word like it's gospel.


NovelaMaven - I'm still laughing.




 

This baby talk was surely the light of my Saturday morning. Thank you Michel and NovelaMaven for being the baby whisperer. I wonder if the pooch that Jose gifted to Tia B. would ever get his spotlight in recaps.



 

NM:

Loved your recap and LOVED seeing our depraved crazies through the eyes of sweet baby Michel.

My favorite lines have been mentioned but I'd also like to add:

but first he stops to kiss our Marina on the side of her head (In her hair, actually.  Hope he got a mouthful of product.) 

Perfect!! And I'm SO glad you mentioned the new Boing sound! Yes, I noticed it starting about a week ago. It seems so campy--like a sound effect from the "Gong Show" or "Scooby Doo"! How odd to introduce it now?!

Love Mags and new guy! Let's have more of that storyline. It will be fun to watch her tough shell break.

Thanks again, NM!


 

Good Morning Everyone

La Tempestad concluded filming yesterday. Finale in Mexico is next Sunday.

Viven
All I can say is to ditch the Uni version and watch complete episodes on YouTube. Just do a search for La Tempestad along with the Episode #. We are now on Ep #79.

I'll continue to upload DamFab scenes that are cut.
 

Carlos -- What TN did Jack recap? I'd like to read it.

Vita -- I'd love it if the doggie would recap one of the episodes. I'd like to hear his point of view.
 

Good Morning out there on the Patio!

Karen:
"I remember seeing ["Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"] on tv and thinking the two leads [Liz and Paul] looked so good the audience may not pay much attention to what was actually going on."

See, this is how some of us feel about DamFab and Marina. (Check out Shallowgal's and Vivien's comments below) :-)

La Paloma:
Thanks for stopping by. So glad you enjoyed the baby's eye view.

Hi Vivien:
Too bad your roommates are missing out on the fun. I'm glad you know a good thing when you see one.

Maybe someone else will weigh in on Damián's legal rights to custody of little Michel. Me, I won't even bother to speculate. Telenovelas rarely respect reality when it comes to law (or medicine, for that matter). DamGoodPapi will be able to claim Michel as his own if the writers want him to. (And I think they do.)
 

Vita:

Little Joe's agent has been in touch with People on the Patio. The dog may have his day if the terms can be worked out.

[Agents for Alicia, Toribio* and Hernán's first violin teacher are also in negotiations with People on the Patio.
*Toribio needs to explain his relationship to the late May-coo-coo and why he mindlessly obeyed her orders about the nasty graffiti.]

Katy:
I am so happy to know I'm not the only one disconcerted by the new BOING sound. At least one other person on the Patio is paying attention to the important stuff.
:)

Mauricio:
Thanks a bunch for all the extras -- filling in the narrative blanks, setting out the videos of must-see scenes, keeping up with the filming in Mexico. I really appreciate it.

Sadly, the witty banter that Carlos misses in the scenes with Marina and Damián is very much present in the scenes with José and Becky. The CUT scenes with José and Becky. Go figure.
 

NM,
I loved this perspective - so good! Thanks!

Carlos, I agree - excellent pediatricians in DF:-)

And that Boing sound, is just so bad!! Glad I am not the only one noticing it.

Mauricio, Thanks so much for the fill in, it helps tremendously!

Despite your fill ins...I still don't understand what the padre did to be targeted for offing? Anyone? Why did Fulgencio want him dead?
Ana
 

NovelaMaven
No problem. Twitter keeps me informed. Cast tweeted about the conclusion of filming. Pics were shared but they might be considered a spoiler so I can't post them. Hope there will bloopers.

Other cut scenes:
An ad for the Mexican equivelant of EBay. They had Olinto do the ad. It was so silly.

Mercedes had a pep talk with Magda. Magda can't forget her past and wants a man that loves her and that won't just use her. There was more said but I kind of zoned out and don't remember that much from that scene.

Fully was genuinely overjoyed at the idea of meeting his grandchild when Esthercita called Delfina and asked her to come over. You almost forgot for a moment that he is a murderer and a human trafficker.
 

Meant to say: Hope there will be bloopers.
 

Ana -- Padre told Fully he knows things about him that he could use against him. Fully decided Padre does not have to continue living. This happened after Fully saw JazLu talking to Padre.
 

Mauricio, Jack's recap was for an episode of Un Gancho Al Corazón. I tried to find it but was unable to access the index for Gancho. Maybe since CI has become so tedious, I'll try to recruit him to fill in for me on one of the upcoming episodes that I'm scheduled to recap. He does his best work under the influence of catnip...he's sort of a Coleridge-kitty.

Carlos
 

Good Day Novela Maven, and thank you for the exceedingly entertaining recap. It read like a fascinating tale rather than a retelling of a slashed up episode. I LOVE your idea of watching this through Michelito's adorable eyes. Kudos to you; this one will definitely be placed on The Patio's Panoply of Stars.

I believe my favorite lines have already been aired, but I gotta tell you that your lines ripping on Alicia are hilarious. That poor, ineffectual woman does indeed "screw the pooch". It cracks me up that we are cutting her no slack. I am OK with a bit of finger-shaking at Mercedes as well.

Fulgencio, Fulgencio...that man says more with one air chop than others do with paragraphs of lame dialogue. I adore watching him wreak havoc. I can't believe that all who come into contact with him aren't watching their backs 24/7.

Mauricio, thank you for filling in some of the blanks.

EJ, thanks for the giggle. Nobody but you could make me envy wheezing.

Emarie, I was giving a couple of seminars yesterday. The one you attended didn't have to with sailing to Hawaii, perchance? Nah, that would be too much of a coincidence.

Gracias NM, you are a treasure, of that there is NO doubt.
 

Carlos, as I recall, Jack made a real splash. (Oops, sorry Jack, I forgot kitties don't like water.) I remember I had to enjoy the recap after the fact as I was on the high seas that month.

Read and enjoy: Jack Buengato
 

Cap'n -- Thanks for the link.
 

Thanks for this, Sylvia. I thought that Jack had actually recapped an episode... I should have remembered that he has the attention span of a hummingbird (hmmm, that might actually make him a perfect recapper for Corazón Indomable). Well for me, anyway, it was a treat to revisit Club Gancho... I guess it was sort of a precursor to the Patio of Lower Expectations. Thanks.

Carlos
 

Maybe Jack did another full episode? This was the one I remembered and was able to find. Club Gancho was a lot of fun. It was the place where it was officially OK to talk about food at least as much as the recap.
 

Cap'n Sylvia, if ONLY the seminar was about sailing to Hawaii. I should be so lucky!
 

Ana:
So true about those pediatricians at the Cruz Roja. If it weren't for them, little Michel would not have been here to tell his story. :)

Sylvia:
I am so impressed! You not only SAIL to Hawaii, you GIVE A SEMINAR on sailing to Hawaii. Wow!

And muchas gracias for the link to Jack Buengato. What a memory you have!

It's good to know that someone else admired the eloquence in that simple air chop of Fulgencio's. Isn't great to be in the hands of an old pro like our César?

Carlos:
Now that the cat is...er...out of the bag, you absolutely have to set him loose on the 6c loonies!

I'm sorry I missed out on Club Gancho. I think at that time I was busy wandering through the medina in El Clon.
 

El Clon...yikes..was that the one with the pseudoArabs??? I leaned the Arabic word "habibi" from that one, and that's about the only thing I took away from that novela.
 

Yup, Susanlynn. The one with the Pseudo-Arabs.

And let me tell you, I just ate it up. (Of course, even back then my expectations were very low, and alas there was no Patio to repair to.)
 

El Clon - lol!!! I thought that was just horroroso. not at first though, until it turned into a merry-go-round. and you're right about the word 'habibi' Susanlynn.


 

Mauricio, you are a genius of getting the accurate information! Do you know how many episodes of La Tempestad were filmed in Mexico and how many will be aired in the U.S.?

I am glad you are filling in and providing explanations of things that otherwise make no sense to me.

I do not know which
Random scenes going away
To nobody's land
 

NovelaMaven

I ate up El Clon too. It was a fun ride.

I learned words and phrases like "haram", "maktub estaba escrito", and my favorite "te vas a morrir seca".

Pseudo Arabs - Love it. Thanks Susanlynn.

It was a hoot how characters would go to Morocco from Miami so fast as if it were down the street.

I have fond memories of El Clon...sigh.
 

Vita

LT will end in Mexico with 122 episodes. I'm hoping that at some point Uni stops the cutting and starts showing complete episodes again.
 

I'm glad to hear you liked El Clon, Mauricio. Too bad you weren't hanging out on this blog back then. It would have been fun discussing it with you.

Shallowgal, aw, c'mon. Have you forgotten about Tiberio Cruz?

I thought it was a gorgeous and funny fairytale with a lot of heart. The only problem was that it went on for about 50 or 60 episodes longer than it should have. [But then I feel that way about most telenovelas.]
 

oooh la la, NM!! I'm glad you reminded me of Tiberio Cruz. where is he these days? that's the first and last I've seen him. but i swear, I'm not watching anything anymore with Ochmann in it after Rosa Diamante.


 

NovelaMaven:

Splendid recap! I too loved the point of view of bebe Michel! You are a creative genius! Thank you.

I also liked screwing the pooch, lol. Poor Alicia, she is the catalyst for moving the storyline isn't she? She is so scatterbrained.

I too want Delfina to live. Fully needs to go already along with Herny and Nereo.

Am not looking forward to SHUTUPROSY's new plan of action against Jaz/Lu. What will she do next?

I too like the way Dam and Marina look at each other. They say a lot without a single word ; )

I wish Marina would just tell Dam about the pregnancy.

I am really liking Claudio being out of prison and Dam working for him. Now Dam will out from under Herny's thumb ,as far as work goes.

Can't wait for tonight to see what happens next!
 

Thank you Mauricio.
 

Hi Mads!

Glad you enjoyed "Life with Papi." It was a choice made out of desperation: Little Michel's experience was the only narrative thread I could find that joined these three chapters together.

Shallowgal:

Tiberio Cruz was lots of fun in Doña Barbara. He also had a small part in El Patron del Mal (along with just about every other working actor in Colombia.) I see he is listed in the cast of Bella Calamidades which a few people are watching on Telemundo (it's on in the daytime). I've never seen it myself.

My favorite Mauricio Ochmann performance was in Victoria (yes, with Victoria Ruffo. And guess what? She was also terrific in that one. It's amazing what an actor can do when someone bothers to write a decent screenplay.)


 

Pajarote!!! That's where I recognize him from. He was beyond hot in Dona Barbara. Thanks.
 

Smoking hot, Sylvia. Too hot to be a galán?
 

Has he never been cast as the galán? Surprising. It looks like might at least be a major player in this one. I hope so. Those eyes, sigh...
 

I shouldn't say he has never been cast as the galán, only that I've never seen him as such. But then he seems to work (almost) exclusively in Colombia, and we are lucky if we get to see those shows here.

So are you watching Bella Calamidades, Sylvia? Do you recommend it? Because if there's one thing I need, it's another telenovela to get addicted to. Not. :)
 

No, but I like the cast. I am watching La T regularly, and PEAM and Mentir Para Vivir intermittently. There is not enough time in the day!!
 

I'm watching La T on Uni and its antithesis, Santa Diabla, on Telemundo. Or maybe I should say that Santa Diabla is an alternate theory of the telenovela?

In any case, if I add another one, someone may take away my idiot box privileges.

[OMG, I almost wrote "it's antithesis." ¡Qué oso!]
 

Oh...Parajote...he is a good looking hombre. I can't really remember him in El Clon,but he was hot in Dona Barbara. ...cuter than the galan. There were a lot of Guaypos in Dona Barbara. Edith Gonzalo's was scary good in the title role.....yikes.
 

Grumble...sorry..this Damipad keeps putting apostrophes in front of words with.a final "s., Stop correcting me, Ipad.
 

Susanlynn, I might have to send the Apostrophe Police to confiscate your Ipad! ;)

Indeed, Dona Barbara was a top notch telenovela, very original. Edith Gonzalez really knocked it out of the park in that role.

Speaking of pesky auto-correct. I was writing an article last week and had to turn off my spellcheck because it kept changing the word "pintle" to "PENILE", bwaahahahaa!!
 

Yikes..interesting discussion at the PEAM site about an upcoming novela that is a remake of Amor real set in modern times starring Sergio Sendel and Sebastian Rulli. Oh noes. I loved Amor Real, but I am not certain I will enjoy this remake. I want another historical novela. where is Carla Estrada??? Has she retired . Are historical novelas too expensive to produce ?
 

I've read they are expensive. Maybe that is why Estrada's telenovelas are blessedly short. Or maybe she's just too smart to mindlessly extend as so many others do.
 

Sylvia and Susanlynn,

Now I want to google all the names you mentioned and read about TNs and producers and actors and actresses. Oy vey. So much to learn, so little time.

I have to stay away from Caray Caray during workdays.


 

vita thank you for your haiku. "Nobody's Land" is right!
 

Grazie mille, Sylvia.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder