Sunday, October 06, 2013

LA TEMPESTAD EXTRA–CONFIDENCIAL, Issue #1


LA TEMPESTAD – CONFIDENCIAL
 

Advice to the lovelorn, culinary hints

And Guide to proper attire For a small seaside village in Mexico

(Voted The Best Occasional Supermarket Gossip Rag by Two or Maybe Three Patio Denizens)
Issue #1 – October 6, 2013                                              Underwritten by The Storm-Cellar™

In this issue: JudyB’s Jems; Capturing Episode Essences; Food for Thought; The Poets Corner


WE BEGIN WITH JUDYB’S JEMS
Thanks for the reminder about ship protocol. Maybe we'll learn how to say "Permission to come aboard, sir" in Spanish. I'm sure that will come in handy here in central Ohio.

They say that danger and the presence of death makes you verrrrry lustful. Something about wanting to plant your seed before your permanent exit from planet earth. So yeah, makes sense that Marina and Dam Fab were feeling especially hawt last night while those bullets were whizzing. And us right along with 'em!

Hernán looks quite fetching from a distance, and our DamFab is always delicious.

We all need a St. Eusie in our lives, and an Elna June as well.

Ay yi yi..don't throw tomatoes at me but Pestercita doesn't look particularly miserable with Ernesto. She seems content to be adored, spoiled and given lots of gifts.  She has amnesia but not a lobotomy. Still, we never see her cringing in revulsion. We're all appalled but she doesn't seem to be.

This episode had me muttering Estupido! Estupido! If Candy and cohorts don't get this straightened out soon I'm going to have to take a Sulk Break from this telenovela.

I do continue to be amused by how many scenes Monica Miguel has scripted of her hugging our muscular sculpted Damian. Do you think I could manage to get cast as a wise old woman in his next movie? Certainly be worth a try.


CAPTURING EPISODE ESSENCES

JudyB, resident psychologist, says:
Well, we have a lot established by this second episode.

Damian is a lusty, macho guy who leads with his lance if it's a lady, and with his fists if it's a man. And the poor doofus is already in love.

And Marina is a modern take-charge woman who's going to be seduced by an inherently lovable cave man. Awwwwww.

Fulgencio is a sh#t who disrespects his wife and is all about his daughter and face-saving.

Mayuya hates Estercita, with reason. Estercita is an over-privileged drip.

Hernan is a creepy, stalker bad guy involved in white slavery. And obsessed with Marina.

Mercedes has been used and abused but has triumphed. And of course we're hoping that her other daughter, presumably used and abused will make it too.

 

Degrees of Hotness (but not the Inferno kind)
The kiss-in-the-cave scene was visually surrealistic, what with that spotlight shining down, etc. I was half expecting Damian to sprout a beard, reach up to the sky, and receive the ten commandments on tablets from the heavens above. [Doris]
 
Does the Patio think there is chemistry between Marina and Damian? [Doris]
 
Doris, the patio feels William Levy could have chemistry with a wall. [Cap’n]

 

Red Pants in the Sunset
Hernán's red skinny pants were most unfortunate. They are alas unfortunate on anyone who wears them, man, woman or child. Proof positve, if we needed it, that he will NEVER GET Marina. Ever. [JudyB]

When I saw the red pants I thought Peter Frampton!! Yes, because once when I saw PF live he wore bright red pants and it scarred my eyes for life. [Cap’n]

Wish I had seen Hernan’s red pants. Gah. Mejia has a good sense of humor. Or the absurd. [Doris]

JudyB, excellent point about the red pants. They are not a chick magnet. Period. [Cap’n]

Hey! I thought Hernan rocked those red pants. Is it me or does he (the actor) look smaller than he did in LaReinaDelSur? He seems shorter/thinner. [Eli]

I too liked Hernan’s red pants on It’s... so Italian/Euro looking; he's got the slim build for it. [Shallowgal]

Eli, it's The Pants!!! [Cap’n]

Yes! The red pants! (Just like Roy el Rollero's in Amores Verdaderos!). Villains wear silly pants and heroes get to wear tight sexy jeans. It's the rule. BTW, did anyone else notice the baggy-bottomed yellowish pants Hernán Haskell wore the other day? It ain't easy being mean. [NovelaMaven]

I do not know how I missed those red pants. [CeCe]

Thank you for addressing the red pants right in the title! From the moment I saw them, I thought, "Hernan is channeling Howard Wollowitz!" [TN4ever]

The red pants have been very hip for young guys for a few years now. Along with the skinny leg, it's an import from Europe. I don't like the look personally, but it's fashionable. [Vivi]

So, I kept reading your comments about Hernan's pants and how red they were and realized that even if I did notice them from the very beginning, they didn't look weird at all to me. [Shallowgal]

Vivi then said something that might explain this: apparently this type of pants are very fashionable in Europe - I have no eyes for men's fashion, but now that I think of it, that is sooo true! My brother has several pairs, I know a lot of guys who wear them and they're all pretty men-ish. Heck, even my husband has a pair in dark red, that I bought. [Shallowgal]

I noticed Iván Sánchez dresses very Euro style; he is after all Español. [Shallowgal]

The audacity of Hernan to wear those red pants in back to back episodes. He's not in Mexico City or Barcelona for crying out loud.... He is in a sleepy little fishing village . Show some respect for the simple folk and wear some partially worn blue jeans. Por favor! In Hernans defense, at least when Damian punches him in the face his blood won't ruin his precious pants. [Gertie]

The crack about the blushing as red as the pants, and then Variopinta's baboon butt comment- bahahahahahahaha! [Bailey Marie]

And there is Hernán still running around in his tight red pants looking like some kind of malevolent elf. What's next? Those dreadful midcalf pedal-pushers? [NovelaMaven]

Okay. Hernan + red pants + violin = Big Bang Theory: Mexico version? [Doris]

Hey, what is it with red pants, because El Papacito was also wearing red britches. Oops, not y'all know I was peeking at his undies. [Cap’n]

If Hernán Gasbag Orange Pants were aware of  [Madrina’s destiny for Marina], he'd know he had nooooo chance. Still, his clothing selection alone damns him for any chance of future  happiness anyway.  Dress like a man, Hernán! You need a nice sloppy pair of middle-age Dockers and some lowered expectations for a love interest. Tain't gonna be Marina, boy. [JudyB]

I almost can't wait to get home so I can start watching this, just so I can see Hernan's flaming rainbow of pants. [Doris]

What a rainbow of skinny jeans we're getting from Hernan! We've seen red and mint green, and last night we had orange and aqua. I'll be terribly disappointed if he doesn't wear a hot pink pair by the gran final. [Bailey Marie]

Well, part of Hernán Haskell's lack of appeal is that his pants are actually TOO tight. The pockets bulge and flare, which they wouldn't if the fit was right. Lord knows, the man doesn't have an inch of flab on his body, but the wardrobe people still have him in a size too small. [JudyB]

Ever since Hernan started prancing around in his RED pants I have noticed these very colorful pants everywhere. Even Fernando in Porque El Amor Manda has a pair of red. You're right, Hernan does wear them well, but I think he looks even more stunning in his towel. [Cap’n]

I have to confess I have, as we speak, a pair of red stretch skinny jeans in my closet. HOWEVER, it's not every guy that pull off that look. I agree with EJ that Hernan can rock the colored denim look and then some (I also hate his character!). [Katy]

I'll take the orange pants [offered in the Storm-Cellar]. I could never wear them myself, of course, but I could probably cut them up and make them into a scarf. [EJ]
 
Fulgencio and Hernan meet. Hernan is wearing the narrow cropped ivory colored denims with a fabulous black vneck sweater. Not that I am into how Hernan dresses or anything. Informed minds want to know. [EJ’s recap]
 
Having a problem with Hernan's wardrobe. On the one hand, it's good to be shown something different, and somebody mentioned that this style is hot in Europe. On the other hand, I hate it!  The skinny pants, esp. bright colored, and then last night's tweed jacket with elbow patches, hmm, interesting. [TN4ever]
 
I saw Hernan wearing khakis last night and thought that there was something wrong with my TV. I guess he has at least one pair of slacks that are not one of the colors of the rainbow. [Susanlynn]
 
 

Hernan vs. Fully as Villains
Perhaps it's Ful-of-himself's physical presence that makes him (to me) more of a viable villain than Hernán. A man with an achilles heel (obsession over a woman he will never have) has too many chinks in the armor...[Diana, Goddess of Wisdom]

As for a viable villain, Hernan is the worst kind, because he comes off as being the normal, solid citizen, charmer. He's the kind we are shocked to learn later is a serial killer.  Fully is right out in the open. We expect him to be bad with that open, nostril-flaring temper. However, except for some lapses in public, he keeps all this anger in check and defuses himself on his family. [Anita]

I like that Hernan is creepily protective of Marina. He is convincingly charming and attractive, until his eyes get even darker, then looks completely loco. What a transformation. [Shallowgal]

Hernan is the creepiest sort of bad guy. He is very insidious. Sometimes I wonder if there really is a Big Boss or if Hernan himself is the puppetmaster. Probably not because he's also got businesses to run. [Cap’n]

I agree with everyone about Hernan being insidious. As much as I love Cesar Evora, Hernan seems to be a much smarter, vicious villain. Foolgencio has too much of a temper to last the entire TN. [Bailey Marie]

Little skinny Hernan could never look menacing. Sinister, sneaky, perturbed, creepy stalker - yes. [Anon]

Hernan is such a child. And all this time I was thinking Fulgencio was the melodramatic villain, Hernan the saavy businessman. But both characters are wallowing in the their self-pitying pasts. Hernan's skinny pants do make for some entertainment though. [Bailey Marie]

 

Violins vs. Guitars
Poor Hernan. CapDamFab's guitar is bigger than Hernan’s violin, So Marina will naturally end up with Brad Pitt...er...CapDamFab. [Doris]

Snort! (In my opinion, our boy is Prettier than Pitt.) [NovelaMaven]

Doris - I was thinking last night that the guitar was a poor man's version of a violin. but I like your version best! tee hee [Shallowgal]

Question about band practice..... If Dam has a GUITAR and Hern has a violin, does Fulofhimselfio have a ukelele ? Just asking. Also.. is anyone playing a cello or the bass? [Susanlynn]

Great comments everyone about the guitar vs. violin, and Hernan's violin obsession. I thought Hernan did a better job of air violin than Dam did with air guitar. [Cap’n Sylvia]

Doris--shame on you, amiga, and, holding a fluttery fan so no one could see, laughed at the comparison between violin and guitar. [Anita]

"The Fishing Boat Meets the Yacht" conjured up the matter of size. Does it indeed matter?  [Shallowgal]

 

On Seasickness and other water features
My seasick advice to Marina is 1) have the beer, 2) don't stick your head in the seafood pot and 3) stop staggering around the boat and stay low (on deck). Sheesh. [Cap’n]

We in the Navy use butter. Really butter, lol. It stops the seasickness. It has some natural sea sick stopping components. lol. [Madelaine]

Butter? I'll have to remember that. OK then, a nice big piece of bread with butter, or some crackers with butter. And the beer. [Cap’n]

Hmmm...beer, bread, and butter...I might hurl right now while I am sitting at the dining room table. [Susanlynn]

Susanlynn, sometimes a beer can help because it messes with your equilibrium, which can help with seasickness. But in general I don't really condone drinking while operating a boat of any sort. It's not like Marina is doing much of anything except running around with her notebook. [Cap’n]

Nice under water action with the bomb under the boat. Lloyd Bridges would have been impressed. [Gertie]

What in the heck happened to the bomb? We were denied an underwater explosion, harrumph! [Cap’n]

You're right.  How come we didn't get to see the bomb go boom? [Adriana Noel]

Pirates probably learn how to plant bombs under boats during the Pirates 101 level class. [Doris]

And I bet we'll learn many other things about ships, captains, crews, pirates etc.. while watching this. [Adriana Noel]

Hernan is talking to his outside water feature with a glass of wine in hand. I always find a glass of wine loosens me up when I want to converse with a cement pond, don’t you? [Tomas the Magnificent]

Iván Sanchez sure makes a nice yacht decoration! [Audrey]

Seeing "his" woman being kissed by DamTenderKissableLips is torture to Herny. Think about your personal Red Harem Herny. Or go blow up something. Or play a short etude. Just go away.  [Vita]

 

La T vs. El T
The following are allusions (or illusions) to our favorite worst telenovela ever.

NovelaMaven reporting:

We cannot see the belt buckle of el tal Robles but we do see a large shiny badge hanging close to his heart.  (So much gravitas in one room. How do they fit it in?)

Comandante Unibrow knows better -- the unspeakable happens in the quietest of places.  They are launching a federal investigation.

DamFab walks through the dark cave of the orchids and stops near a pool (could be limpid -- too dark to tell) and a cluster of brilliant yellow flowers.

While Marina is sipping martinis with a love-sick criminal, DamFab is toting her mother like a not especially heavy sack of avocados.

Wish there were some way to work in orange pants, but Boda Bag Antonio wouldn’t have been caught dead in them—and he wasn’t. (Best death scene on record, in all our humble opinions.) [Anita interjects]

La Temp is nowhere near as bad as El Tal. [Cap’n]

 

Regarding Kitchen Utensils
DamFab prepares lunch and even makes gutting and scaling fish look sexy. He’s got such a big...knife! [Cap’n’s recap]

Thank you Sylvia. I read, "DamFab has a big ... knife" and almost died from laughter. He sure does. [Vita]

And no blame should be placed on those blinded by his big... kitchen utensils served in WWP. [Vita]

If Esthercita, who was WAY more drunk than Dam, can be woman enough not to blame the demon liquor and own up to sleeping with Dam because she DamWell felt like it, then he can be man enough to admit that he let his, uhm...knife take over his thinking that night. [Vivi]

Vivi, he took responsibility for misusing/misplacing that big kitchen apparatus. [Vita]

Even if Perversio-the-Uncle (I vomited a bit) pries his daughter's bedroom door open to pleasure his overused rusty knife with Maycucu... Ursula would hand him googlemaps directions to the snake's quarters. She is not interested. [Vita]

Did you notice how Delfina (or as I think of her, Dolphin) was stabbing her fork into her food as she sat at the table with Ful-of-himself-io. USE that anger, woman! [NovelaMaven]

Yes. I did notice Delfina showing some of her anger by stabbing at her tamale. Hopefully, one say she’ll stab Full-of-himself with that fork. [Vivi]

I expect great things from Delfina's fork in the future. [Anita]

I'm lovin' this show. I can't imagine why they're not eating this with a spoon in Mexico. [Carlos]
 


FOOD FOR THOUGHT (AND DRINKS)
This section is for Carlos and all the Foodie Wannabies (with a promise not to mention all the times someone is offered beer, tequila, pulque or tea—or spits tea or coffee on the monitor).

The local color of the fiesta, tiara notwithstanding, was such fun. What beautiful food. [Carlos]

Doña Rufi has laid out a bunch of food on the table. Jose and Beatriz sit down at the table to eat. [Mauricio’s Recap]

Only two episodes so far and already some tasty looking food... excellent. [Carlos]

Carlos, thanks for reminding me about the fantastic food in this episode. I think I finally figured out what Dona Rufi cooked up (it took a while). [Cap’n Sylvia]

I think she made:
Chilpachole de Jaibo (spicy crab soup)

Arroz con Platanos fritos (rice and fried plantains)  Plantains—starchier and hardier than bananas. When cooked green (fried, smashed, and salted) they are called tostones. When they are cooked ripe (most often fried but sometimes baked), they are called maduros. The riper, the browner/blacker they get,  the sweeter they are. They are also put in soups, and of course made into chips (just as you can with bananas). This is making me want to fry some up when I get home. Yum! [Vivi]
 
Oh gosh, you are so right. Thank you Vivi! Got that everyone? Don't try to fry bananas unless you want to make Bananas Foster. Go for those plantains instead. [Cap’n Sylvia]
 
Mero Tikin-Xic style(grouper baked in achiote/pepper sauce)
 
Pescado Veracruzana (spicy tomato sauce)
 
Tostadas de Minilla (Fish, cooked and shredded in tomato sauce with raisins, olives and capers.)
 
Sapotada (black sapote, orange juice, cinnamon, sugar, Rum or Anisb)
 
The first four dishes are in a great website that Jarocha shared with us a couple of years ago. I had to hunt around a little for the last two. Cooking projects...Yay!!! [Cap’n Sylvia]
 
Sylvia, the last time we were in Mexico, we took a day cruise to an island bird sanctuary where our crew cooked red snapper Tikin-Xic style. I think that was the best fish that I've ever had. [Carlos]
 
These days whenever I see that playful smile that William Levy flashes, I'm almost expecting the camera to pan over to a lady M&M. [Carlos]
 
Carlos: Oh my heavens, too funny! Yes, that M&M commercial is priceless. "Is your brain made of chocolate too?" [Diana, Goddess of Wisdom]
 
His Pepsi commercial is a hoot too. [Vivi]
 
Vivi - have you seen WL's Sabritas commercials too? love them! [Shallowgal]
 
Once Marina is gone, Dam Fab rubs his jaw where she slapped him and he smiles.  (M & M's are melting in hands all over the Patio.  Keep your chocolates on ice, people.) [Novela Mav’s recap]
 
I think my favorite WL commercial so far is the Pepsi Next where he's wearing an incredibly fake-looking Tom Selleck moustache (yeah yeah, I know it's called The Chevron). He just looks so '70s and smarmy. [Cap’n Sylvia]
 
Pepsi Next has its appeal but WL romancing the M&M lady cracks me up every single time I see it. [NovelaMav]
 
At Epi #06 - I'm really enjoying this show and I love dialogue like this:
"Why are the shooting at us?"
"They want to kill us so they can keep our fish..."
Must be some fish. [Carlos]
 
Damian storms his way over to the packing plant. He passes by a Sabritas vending machine which. I love how they have a Sabritas vending machine at the packing plant since WL has done a lot of Sabritas commercials and now his novela is advertising it as well. [Mauricio’s recap]
 
Mauricio, way to notice the Sabrito's machine! I guess we are lucky that Damian didn't stop, buy a bag, and enjoy it on camera in the middle of the scene. They were always doing that in Teresa with Tostitos at the Tostilocos stand. [Cap’n]
 
Check that great manly stride of DamFab as he whips past the potato chip vending machine. Poetry in Motion! [JudyB]
 
How did I not notice the Sabrita's machine? And OMG, that spiny lobster dashboard ornament in Marina's car...I have the exact same thing in a springy refrigerator magnet! It's incredibly tacky. [Cap’n]
 
As DamFab exits, we catch a glimpse of the Sabritas machine in the hallway.  And we are reassured that, whatever her problems, Marina will always have something to gnosh on. [NovelaM’s recap]
 
So…The Sabritas vending machine is the latest form of creative product placement. [Doris]
 
Oh ho! Do I detect plot thickening? [Shallowgal]
 
I'd like to see a supply of Plot Thickeners -- medium, hot and extra hot (in the Storm Cellar™). [NovelaMaven]
 
The martinis looked inviting but seemed a little improbable on the boat in those stemmed cocktail glasses. Tippee Tommees might have been more practical. [Carlos]
 
Fried pig skin, yum, very popular in the south. In packages like potato chips.

In Spanish I have heard chicharrones, fun to say. In Mex I saw whole sides of fried pig skin. You can see your cholesterol rise as you munch. [Vario]  Well heck yes, FRIED pig skin is awesome. It's right up there with any sort of fried dough product. You are so right about the cholesterol rise. Why is it that most of the good stuff is so bad for us? Sigh...[Cap’n]
 
I love fried pig skin! And I also love to eat fried pig ears - they're my favorite part of the pig. [Adriana N]  Adriana, there is a wonderful French restaurant here that makes the most fabulous fried pig's ear frisee salad. Oh so tasty. [Cap’n]
 
Enough of this dismal star-crossed lover crapola. Let’s go to a lovely outdoor restaurant where Hernán and Fulgencio are enjoying lunch and beers but not necessarily the company. (Off topic: I heard once that humans are the only animals who will eat with their enemies. Does that make Damian a higher species than these two?) [Cap’n’s recap]
 
Hernan is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. [Tierra]
 
Carlos, I just poured myself a shot of frozen cucumber vodka and shut my eyes during those interminable church scenes. [Cap’n Sylvia]
 
Why isn't Fulgencio losing weight, this is at least the 3rd time he has stormed away from the dinner table? [Variopinta]
 
Variopinta: You should write a book... ‘The New Fulgencio Diet,  How to lose weight and behave badly at the same time.’ Of course, as you say, we have no proof YET that it works but I'll let you know how it goes. Hee hee hee. [EJ]
 
I've got the makings of a Dark and Stormy, but decided to enjoy some Shiner Bock Beer in a frosted mug on this warm and steamy afternoon.
 
The food continues to entice. That fresh fruit that Aunt Becky and Marina (were consuming) was so gorgeous and delicious looking and in such an inviting setting. I could almost smell the sea breeze and taste those strawberries.
 
Didn't that food at the reception look scrumptious? I could almost smell and taste that fresh seafood.
 
Life is short -- eat dessert first.
 
At the Salazar household, Delfina caresses a chair and attempts to ruin yet another one of Fulgencio's meals by talking about Pestercita and DamFab going on their honeymoon. This time she doesn't suceed though in ruining the meal.
 
(Product Placement Alert) Pestercita and MyYaYa are stuffing their faces with Sabritas (the ™ is blurred out, but in clearly recognizable packaging), and Pester is over the moon that Dam defended her against daddy, and no more Mayuyeses por favor. As the ladies strategically flash their bags of chips, Mayuya suggests that Pester should get knocked up on her honeymoon, that way DamFine can’t leave her. [Cap’n’s recap]
 
I liked that scene with Esthercita and Mayuya enjoying the Sabritas. I personally would love to see DamFab eating some Sabritas too. [Mauricio]
 
The Captain of a local fishing boat is the hottest thing since newly baked bread? Interesting. [Tomas the Magnificent]
 
OK. I have to put a stop to this. I know we are post-feminist and all that, but Marina the supposed-executive-business-woman is discussing her self like she is a load of fish for sale. [Tomas the Magnificent]
 
DamFab prepares lunch and even makes gutting and scaling fish look sexy. He’s got such a big...knife! The couple mack on fresh coconut juice and freshly grilled shrimp and fish. (Looks like some sort of snapper or chucumite maybe.) Yum!! [Cap’n’s recap]
 
Another ruined meal—breakfast at the Salazar house.  Fuglencio says that DamMurderer is a murderer and he will lock him up. He complains that Delfina is always ruining his meals and gets up from the table and leaves.  Fulgencio comes back to the breakfeast table with the surprise of Ursula's arrival. Delfina is overjoyed. Esteryuya not so much.  [Mauricio’s recap] (Your editor noted that Fulgie moved Delfina’s half-eaten plate aside so Ursula could sit next to him, indicating to Delfina that she was finished anyway.)
 
As you watch the epi I wouldn't miss Tia Becky's little encounter with Candy. Nora gets to show off her acting chops a bit and she is very menacing. I think she would eat the street-wise Candy as a breakfast snack if she were so inclined. Of course, being BFFs, that will never happen. [EJ]
 
Ursula takes the full measure of Dam the Man and decides she likes what she sees.  [Take a number, sister.]  Then she notices Hernán and she's no longer sure which flavor she prefers.  One thing she knows -- she's going to have dessert. [Cap’n’s recap]
 
Eusebia is blissfully gathering herbs when her organic revery is interrupted by yells and yelps. She’s horrified to see the latest batch of kidnapped girls. We are horrified to see Nereo standing behind her fondling his whip.  Eusebia tries throwing her vegetation at them (Nereo, Valdivia & co.) but alas, lettuce is a poor weapon against guns and whips. [Cap’n’s recap]
 
At the Mayor’s house, Fulgencio refuses food when the maid comes into the living room to announce that breakfast is served. He says he feels like he has indigestion and his left arm hurts like crazy. Delfina thinks he should see Dr. San Miguel, but Fully thinks he just slept wrong. He thinks that an antacid will cure the indigestion and that the arm will get better by itself. It IS odd, though, how the pain seems to come from the inside… [EJ’s recap]
 
Hernán, you are last week's sushi. [NM’s recap]
 
 
LA TEMP HAIKU, LIMERICK AND FREE FORM OFFERINGS FOR THE POETS CORNER
Elna June’s Ode to the Chiseled Chest
Chiseled chest etched sharp
Muscular man empty arms—
Sleep alone tonight.
 
NovelaMaven sends this To Mrs. M&M
Valient chiseled chest
Sly smile velvet lips beckon
Manly muscled arms
 
Susanlynn feels the heat
Muscular, manly arms, man
Chiseled chest, oh my
Is it getting hot in here ?
 
Susanlynn offered us this first limerick
There was a young girl named Marina,
I wonder if you've ever seen 'er
She's in love with FabDam
Who's as sweet as a lamb
Crazed Hernan plays his fiddle to please her.
 
Anita has no talent, but she adds
There was a young Limerist - Mad-laine
Who gave us a start down this lane—
Susan…complied
And no one can say that she lied.
 
Katy graced the page with this
There once was a girl named Marina,
And a brat born by tired old Delfina,
They both loved the same guy,
Who can blame them? Not I!
He's well worth this tight fitting bean-ah!
 
Madelaine contributes a shortened Haiku-Like Onomatopoeically Alliterative One-Liner
Fully truly is a blow hard bully
 
Vita’s comment can quickly be turned into Free Form Poetry
I was hit by a storm called WL
Thanks to Dancing With The Stars.
And now I am watching
the very first telenovela.
My IQ is dropping, dropping, dropping,
but the visuals are stunning.
That's the trade-off.
 
Vita then returns with a perfectly crafted Haiku
I need to stare
At the WET WHITE PANTS
I have condition
 
There is more than one way
To dance with the wedding veil
Most of them hurt
 
Lovers embrace
Kissing under the stars
One of them, just married*
 
[*to someone else, by the way]
 
To EJ from NM
Tía Tiburona, Tía Tiburón
She sways with the music
And never drinks alone
 
Vita has more
Scam of the pond
Fulgencio has been bad
For reals; Ho Ho Ho
 
Vivi’s Ode to the Pants
WET, clinging to your rippling strong thighs
WHITE, transparent and dazzling to my eyes
PANTS, and heaves you inspire, and sighs
Oh captain, my captain, never let those pants dry!
 
Because Variopinta didn’t want to use Orange & Sporange
There was a ship named Tempestad
They say it belonged to his Dad
With Fab Dam at the helm
Rough seas could not overwhelm
 
NovelaMaven adds these
Wet White Pants
There once was a man in white pants
Who made ladies swoon with a glance,
A swim with the fishes,
Made him look more delicious,
When the water his charms did enhance.
 
Tight Pants and Fiddle
I met a young man named Hernán whose
Tight pants and fiddle were just too
Effete to be cool,
But beware of this fool!
He's a cold-blooded nerd with a screw loose.
 
The Parrot Squawks in English
Have you been to the joint Guacamaya?
If not then you really should try 'er
One beer or more
A turn round the floor
You can rent love, don't think you can buy 'er.
 
Vita does a double-take
For Esthercita
Esther the wife
Whether you like it or not
You Shall Not Pass!
 
For DamFab
The force is strong with
This one; she'll eat you alive
My pretty boy.
 
Variopinta has another and another
Will-I-am the man
On this TN I play the captain
It will soon turn to shit
But I don't care a bit
'cause I'm más hot
& Hernán certainly is not
 
There once was a girl named Esthercita
who used to be a señorita
she trapped Fab Dam
who was on the lamb
but now he is stuck, pobrecita
 
Susanlynn is not finished
There once was a wild child named Ester
Whose hate for Marina will fester
Hissy fits we will see
She won't let DamFab be
As Ester continues to pester.
 
EJ is still at it
An unlucky woman, Delfina;
Whose daughter could hardly be meaner
But Mayuya as trade-in?
It's Hell she was made in.
Fulgencio's soul may be cleaner!
 
Mauricio weighs in
There is a boy named Laz
Who is in love with Jaz
His mother still thinks he is a kid
And has kept the name of his father well hid
The big reveal is sure to add pizzazz
 
DamFab has a crew
And a wife who is a shrew
His one true love has the name of the sea
But sadly their love cannot be
Oh Boo!!!
 
Variopinta does it in Spanglish
Hay una mujer named Delfin
Su hija is just plain mean
Con esposo much worse
It is a great curse
Su vida is in the latrine
 
Soyyo makes three last minute entries
There was a young lady named Ester
Whose Daddy she always did Pester
Along came Damian
She said, "Now it's on!"
And forever turned into a jester
 
A beautiful man named Damian
Whose temper was like a volcan
One day met Marina
Who liked the cantina
So he then had to be her guardian
 
There was a creep nerd named Hernan
Pastel pants he always did don
He tried for the princess
But only got winces
And still he refused to move on
 
Susanlynn unintentionally gives us this
Not all firemen actually go
Into the burning building,
So kudos to
DamDam, the Fireman
 
Shallowgal inadvertently suggests
Why did he even bother packing?
He could wear but a smile, for all I care.
SWOON ....
 
Susanlynn then offers us this parting shot
Uh-oh,
Eusebia KNOWS THINGS…
so, MAYUYA
....wouldn't want to be ya. !!!!
 
NovelaMaven creates a free-form poem from EJ’s names for Mayuya
Mayuya, the female force of dank skankiness and darkness
May-U-Soon-be-punished
La vibora Mayuya…twisting around her adopted mother's heart
May-She-Be-Made-Into-Shoes
What a sociopath
That nasty skank Mayuya
Smiles in triumph at the camera
While holding and 'comforting' Delfina.
 
Vita returns with a foursome
Tantrums and crystals
Two things that never last long
Why are you still here?
 
A hairy hand
Uncle Fully creeps through the night
Knock, knock. Are you in bed?
 
Aged overnight
Slobbering stinky inmate
Oy vey! Sexy no more
 
It's time Dam goes away
Remembers the face he adores
The eyes, he has to avoid

Labels:


Comments:
Anita! Oh this was so fun. It has been a long time since I have seen one of your marvelous compilation recaps. Thank you so much for this. It really made me smile and appreciate the journey we have taken with our characters.

With much appreciation for your hard work,

Elna June
 

Thanks Anita. Just came back from a funeral for a man who died too soon, and it's raining now and the light outside is fading.

But you've lifted my spirits and made me laugh, as this CarayCaray site so often does.

Now should I worry that I don't remember half the things you said I said!????

Anyway, thanks all for the many day brighteners, and our indefatigable Anita for compiling them.
 

Wonderful debut of the La Tempestad Extra Confidencial. Thank you Anita. This was a wonderful compilation of all the things we have all said during the first two months of this TN.
 

Anita:

What a genius you are, amiga! To go thru all the comments and the recaps to shift through and get these gems! Thank you so very much.

I had to laugh at a lot of it. The red pants section was a hoot! And the food too, although the recipes are fab.

Thank you again for this 1st addition of La Tempestad Extra-Confidencial and that picture was fab!
 

wow, Anita !! thanks for the memories. How do you do that ?
As Judyb says, what fun to read all these past comments again. We are a fun bunch.
Today, I had lunch with dear friends. One has a daughter-in-law just diagnosed with cancer. Lots of tears, but eventually some laughs emerged as happens when old friends get together. I told them about the warm group at Caraycaray and all the virtual laughs and good vibrations we share. They think it is a bit bizarre, but they seemed relieved that I am not involved in sexting. They know how technologically challenged I am. They cannot even convince me to join Facebook.
 

Anita, this is to be sampled luxuriously, tasting and savoring every word. What a memorable, sparkling compilation highlighting the wit, charm and wisdom of the recappers and commenters.

I'm in awe of the talent,
insight and humor. But you dear Anita brought all of this magic together. You have enhanced the bond of this community and always make all of us feel special and appreciated. Thank you for your gift of time, care and effort.

Loved every word.

Diana
 

This is too mucking fuch, Anita. what a HOOT!!!! I.love.it. Muchisimas gracias.


I'd love to take credit for them, but have to point out though, these didn't come from me...

"So, I kept reading your comments about Hernan's pants and how red they were and realized that even if I did notice them from the very beginning, they didn't look weird at all to me."

"Vivi then said something that might explain this: apparently this type of pants are very fashionable in Europe - I have no eyes for men's fashion, but now that I think of it, that is sooo true! My brother has several pairs, I know a lot of guys who wear them and they're all pretty men-ish. Heck, even my husband has a pair in dark red, that I bought."


 

not mine either... "Oh no! Do I detect plot thickening?" I believe this one's NovelaMaven's. I remember cracking up majorly on this one.


 

Anita - Terrific premiere issue. Thanks for the laughs.
 

Anita, that was great!


 

Anita, your compilation of color of the PANTS is hilarious.

Ursullis, Pester, Candy (past), Maycucu (RIP) and Tia B. (but only platonic, pinky swear), Marina, countless nameless cantina girls, let's throw in Olinto for a good measure and diversity, - and the WWP to rule them all!

That is a long freaking line ladies.

The Red/Pink Pants club used to have Bea the only fangirl but even she is flighty...
 

Glad you all enjoyed this. It's been fun and I still have a lot of material to regurgitate.

Yes, Susanlynn, we are a unique community--only a few of us have met face to face, yet we feel we know each other and look forward to visiting each morning (noon or night).

Shallowgal--If you only knew....When I got to the section where attribution was necessary and some of it was lacking, I did what any thief would have done, pointed fingers and attributed it to another likely suspect. Consider yourself suspect!!!

If I had gone back through the episodes to find the quotes, it would have been very very late in posting. Thanks for the aclaraciones. You have been vindicated.

I'll be away and busy for awhile, but will try to look in at the goings on in R-Laydee and Mags in DF from time to time.

No yachts or fishing boats where I'm going. I'll keep a look out for red pants.
 

This is a hoot, Anita! Thanks so much for putting this together.

And to think -- I had forgotten all about the red pants. [The memory of them was totally eclipsed by the WWP, I think.]
 

My favorite publication! And I subscribe to Saudi Aramco World, so that's saying something! Thanks, Anita.

When I get really old and decrepit, I hope some of you will be willing to share a nursing home with me, or at least come visit. Otherwise, no one will get the Talisman jokes I am sure I will still be making.

All the discussion of The Pants cracks me up, although I don't mind The Pants themselves. Then again, I actually own bright red pants. Should I be worried that Handsy Hernia and I have something in common?
 

Julia--If you have two handsies and a hernia, I would worry.
 

Well, I don't have a hernia and I keep my hands to myself. Whew.
 

Julia...Saudi Aramco World. !!!! I used a to have a bunch of old copies. My uncle was an engineer with Aramco. He lived in Holland and Saudi Arabia while working for them.

Hmm..the Caraycaray Senior Center ????...And where did you leave your walker ???? Is it next to Judyb's????
 

Walker? Not for me! I'm getting one of those motorized scooter things so I can run people down!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder