Saturday, October 19, 2013

PEAM #159-10/18/13: Fluffy Folderol, Venganza Rants and A New Character, Oh, My!!!!!!



 
Hola Peam Peeps! It's one of those dreary days here today, drippy and gloomy, you just don't want to get out of bed type of day. I am so lazy today, but I have my nice cup of pumpkin spice coffee, I make this homemade and will add the recipe at the end of my recap.


Xochi is talking to poor Ale who has a black eye. Ale got it from one of her clientle and Xochi is very upset and offers Ale her help.

Marta, in her guise as Marcia, visits little Luisa while Alma and Chucho are out. She tries to abscond with little Luisa, but big FAIL. Saved by Sebas the Grandpapa who gives MM (Marta/Marcia) the stinkeye.

Alma is visiting Pato in the hospital when Rog comes in all upset about his bebe.

The Fluffy Folderol: Chucho and Valentina are giving Luisa her first bath, and Valentina is really enjoying this new duty. Alma is so very proud of them she grabs the camera and takes pics of this event. Then Chucho takes pics of Valentina and Alma, then the camera is set on automatic so the whole family is in the pic. Fluffy filler! Val asks after her newly born bubby, as Chucho is tucking her in for the night. Chucho tells her he is in an incubator cause he was born prematurely, he's very tiny, and she asks for a piano keyboard, she wants to learn to play like Kiko. She goes to sleep.

Rog's bebe has been put in an incubator and Rog is outside of the nursery, where Ferny joins him. Rog hasn't thought of a name for his hijo yet, but then has a major inspiration! He will name the bebe after his bubby Ferny, a real Ferandito! Ferny is very happy, Rog really loves his son, but can't stand Killeronica (My new name for Moronica)!

The Venganza Monologue (Thanks CI recapping team) or Rant Take Your Pick: Killeronica is very pithed she had to give birth at home with no good drugs. The bebe was born prematurely. Killeronica hates Rog so much cause he is in love with Pato. Killeronica now spews alot of venganza venom about how she now has an enemies' list including, but not limited to: Chucho, Alma, Valentina, yes that's right Valentina cause she loves Chucho more than Killeronica! Cyn tells her she needs psych help, Killeronica claims not to need this help and if Cyn doesn't watch out she will be going from the sh*t list to the elimination list, if you get my drift. Killeronica is also blaming Cyn for the loss of custody of Valentina. Now Killeronica wants to be alone to plot her venganza and she screams at Cyn she "vants to be alone" and to LARGATE!!! y punto. A distressed Cyn leaves Killeronica to plan her venganza all alone.

Rog goes to visit Pato and they have a little heart to heart about Rog's family. His Mama was like invisible he hardly ever saw her, and his Papi was a horrid, violent man and he so doesn't want to be him when he grows up. Pato doesn't think that will evah happen. Rog loves his bebe Fernandito, but can't stand Killeronica.

Julio and Aida are in the hallway of his building I think. They came for some alone time and they make out in the hallway. They have even turned off their cell phones so as not to be interrupted. They can't wait to get inside, but Julio, in all his lustfull excitment, breaks the key in the lock. Sux to be Julio and Aida!

There Is a House In Monterrey, They Call The Rising Sun, It's Been the Ruin of Many a Poor Boy: Rico is gambling again, in the same house as before, but losing badly. He is pithed and accuses the guys of cheating him out of his money. Vicky is concerned and calls Julio, who of course doesn't answer cause he turned his phone off. Chucho gets the call and says it's from the Queen of Rome and answers, where he finds out Rico is about to be punched, kicked, you know beaten to a pulp by this gamblers cause he is causing a ruckus. Rico has lost a lot of money. Chucho comes to the rescue.

Commercial break where we hear the preppy theme song!

Vicky is crying and Chucho is demanding that these guys let Rico go. Rico is even happy to see Chucho for once. They decide to let Rico go after Chucho is extra nice to them, but Rico starts his crap again and Chucho, Vicky and Rico have to crawl to safety out of there to avoid any further fighting, while the fight is going on all around them. Chucho ends up taking Rico home, and he's whining he wuz robbed! Chucho has to remind Rico that money isn't everything. Love and friendship are way more important and Vicky even backs up Chucho on this. Chucho tells Rico he has a gambling addiciton, he has lost his Mari, his friends and his job all over the love of dinero! Chucho ends up going and Rico so doesn't agree with anything he said.

Chucho goes home and fills Alma in about Rico and the fight at that gambling house. Alma has a few words for Chucho, did he think of the bebe or her when he did this, hmmmm...... Well no not so much but in future will. He asks Alma for forgiveness, he just wanted to save Rico from the brink of destruction. Besos.

Wow, fast recovery for our Pato, who is getting ready to leave the hospital and she canoodles a bit with Rog, like is he ready for some extra cirucular activities and does some bird sounds. Alma rolls her eyes and smiles and here come Killeronica to ruin it all. Killeronica has come to bitch Rog out, she also wants to go home to her house. Rog has to remind her it's his house, well in any case she is looking for a ride home. Sorry no go from Rog, she'll have to take a taxi. I guess Rog just made the venganza list!

Ferny and Xochi are talking about Alicia and Xochi is very suspicious so Ferny tells her to come with him. He's got a little surprise for her. They go. Xochi next meets Alicia, who is a 40 something woman, and tells Ferny and Xochi to come with her. Turns out Alicia is a car saleswoman and the gist of all those phone calls to Alicia was that Ferny bought Xochi a little Mini Cooper, how sweet! Ferny gives Xochi the car keys in a little present, how sweet!

Chucho and Julio are working hard at Avon! Who says noone works at Avon? Chucho and Julio do ; ). Anyways Chucho has been going over the financials and finds out the figures aren't adding up. Mari has come in with a report and tells Chucho that today is Rico's birthday. The numbers aren't adding up cause Rico couldn't have cared less about his job, after he inherited the money, so he fudged the paperwork. Rog calls at this point.

Xochi is very happy with her new car, but Ferny isn't so happy with her right now. She isn't trusting him and if she doesn't trust him there marriage is nevah, gonna work! She doesn't want to lose her Ferny so she tells him she does trust him, she feels very guilty. Ferny wants her to work on the trust issue, cause he lurrrrvvvves her so much. She'll try, she asks for forgiveness which Ferny gives her of course. Besos and lots of backflashes from their wedding and the song.

That phone call of Rog's? He wanted Chucho to meet him at the hospital. That Killeronica got to go home, but not the bebe. He has to stay in the incubator for a while. The nurse comes out and gives the bebe to Rog, who is filled with wonderment at this little miracle. Rog admits to Chucho he has done some bad things in his life, but he is changing. He even asks Chucho to hold the bebe. Chucho does and Rog tells him the bebe's name is Fernandito! Awww.... You see the reason Rog called Chucho was the confidence thingy. Chucho exudes alot of confidence.

Mari and the other secretarias are talking and Mari fills them in on the trouble that Rico is in. They tell her to pay him a little visit.

Meanwhile, Rico has found a new hobby. What do you ask? Online gambling of course! Vicky is so disgusted with him, but he's on a high, cause he won $500 dollars! He is sooo addicted!

Chatita and her Panfi have taken a little trip to the 'hood, to that staircase of doom. Chatita is determined to find out what happened. Chatita remembers hearing Marta's voice, but doesn't see her in her mind's eye. She just remembers talking to the upstairs neighbor about that leak in the ceiling, hearing her name called and then falling down that staircase of doom!

Meanwhile, Marta is at Alma's and she's holding Luisa again. Alma wonders if "Marcia" is married to her job, but "Marcia" says she wants a bebe someday. Yeah, like maybe Alma's???? Alma gets a call from Chucho and he fills her on the visit he had with Rog at the hospital, and while Alma is doing that "Marcia" is talking to "Ximena" about coming home with her soon. Alma finally gets off the phone and goes to take Luisa from "Marcia" and they kind of get into a mini tug of war over the bebe. Alma gives "Marcia" the stinkeye!

Chucho is still at Avon and this guy gets off the elevator, his name is Bernabe and he is looking for Jessy and heard she works at Avon! Chucho meets him and Bernabe has Jessy's name tattooed on his neck. Cardy overhears and thinks to himself, oh, noes not Bernabe. Side Note: Must be the guy that talked Jessy into that hideous tattoo she has. Anyhoo, Chucho tells Bernabe to wait and he talks to Cardy. Bernabe it seems, is Jessy's ex and from Puerto Rico. He is an island man and dances kinda like Jessy. Cardy says he will take care of Bernabe. Chucho tries to stop him, but Cardy tells Bernabe that Jessy is married to him. Bernabe can't believe it! Bernabe had no idea that Jessy was married, didn't hear anything about it and all he knew was that she worked at Avon, he ends up picking Cardy up. End of Epi!


Avances:

We see Killeronica's wall of venganza and she slashes Alma's picture. Ms Cheryl will tell you all about it ESTE LUNES, MUST SEE TV!

Pumpkin Spice Coffee

2 cups whole milk

2 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons pumpkin

1/2 cup strong brewed coffee

2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Bring milk, sugar, and pumpkin to simmer in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Carefully, pour mixture into blender container. Add coffee, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. With center part of blender cover removed to release steam, blend on medium speed until smooth and frothy. Pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice.


 

Labels:


Comments:
Hola Y'all. The recap will be up soon ; )
 

That pumpkin spice coffee sounds good. I may have to track some down.

Jarifa
 

As I always say, don't apologize for your masterpiece. Your literary art takes time. I hope that you have enjoyed your coffee.
 

I can't wait to read it! I just discovered Caray, Caray! and love the witty recaps!
 

Yumm...pumpkin spice coffee sounds delicious. Is that a Starbucks flavor ? I usually just buy Folgers , but I might be tempted to try that one.
 

Oh my, you have us all salivating over your pumpkin spice coffee. It was equally grim here, weather-wise. But with a cup of plain ol'JetFuel coffee I got out for a walk in the park before the drizzle turned to out and out rain.

Veronica continues her downward path and Paty's looking remarkably spry for someone who was 'battling between life and death" a couple of days ago. Dear old Chucho and Alma also continue...to be borrrrrring.
 

My friend Gerardo likes all those ID flavors in his coffee, all 24 of them!! For me, just plain coffee and milk. The catch? I need more then one cup.

Let the killing begin!

What I saw friday night was:

Luisita naked with her privates properly blurred (do they really needed to do that?, really? And I mean the nudity, not the blurrity.

Picture taken with our POV instead of the one of the photographer.

Dr Osorio, you are needed in the emergency room, Dr Osorio!! Really?

Vero first blamed the drugs she took during the 60s, they she changed to organic and healty, then she blamed it on the hormones and now she is blaming it on the post-partum depression. So good there's always something to blame..!

Jesús is truly omnipresent! He can be saving Richard from the gambling house and seconds later in the hospital checking on Rogelio's son. Wow! Lucky Alma!

This is not a stupid test.
Fernando wanted to test Xóchitl's trust. Whhaatt? Really? That woman who doesn't kill a fly, and you are all if you don't trust me we'll divorce right now! How stupid is that!

Yes! One day Fernandito will marry Luisita and then we all be like ''the stupids''
Have you heard the song? Here it is:

I AM MY OWN GRANDPA

Many many years ago, when I was 23
I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be
This widow had a grown up daughter who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her and soon the two were wed
This made my dad my son in law and changed my very life
For my daughter was my mother in law, she was my father's wife
To complicate the matter, even when it brought me joy
I soon became the father of a little baby boy
Im my own grandpa.
My little boy became a brother in law to dad and so became my uncle
And if he was my uncle that also made him brother
of the widows daughter who wa smy step-mother
My father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
And he became my grandchild cause he was my daughters son
My wife is now my mother's mother which it makes me blue
Because although she is my wife she is my grandmother too
As husband of my granmother
I am my own grandpa
 

The recap is up y'all. I have included my homemade recipe for the pumpkin spice coffee, it's very delicious. Please enjoy the recap ; )
 

Madelaine, your recipe looks delicious. Now I know what to do with leftover pumpkin when I bake. Your wonderful recap hit all of the highlights and the many lowpoints of this episode. "Killeronica" is perfect. She has turned into a killing machine!

Alma has to start using her head and ban Marcia /Marta from her home after the tug of war with the baby and her appropriate gut reaction. Poor Xochi didn't know her marriage was almost over before it barely started but she was a pita re: Alicia. Let us hope Chatita solves the puzzle of her attacker Monday night. Only the monkey writers know . . . and they are also working on CI. So little time; so much convoluted writing for them to do!

Jarifa


 

Pablo, the poem was very funny. I had never seen it before.

Jarifa
 

Jarifa, the "poem" is actually an old song. Pablo's grasp of our culture is amazing. You must have lived here many years, Pablo and really gotten around. I heard that funny song (usually by a country singer) growing up.

Mads...you are one creative cook! Well, you're just flat out creative, I know that from your clever recaps. Thanks amiga mia.
 

Thanks.
First time I heard it in the movie THE STUPIDS I found it very funny.

Here is a link to a video on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWztxTufJ8c
 

Awesome, fabulous Mads! Oh, and the recap was great too!! ( Pumpkin is on my shopping list so I can make a tart--get a little extra now for this coffee. YUM)

I will now make a confession--but Rog and the bebe made me melt. Now, that said, a premie would NOT be taken out of the incubator like that and just handed to a father in a hallway....but I'll park the total foolishness of that scene and enjoy the actor and little actor in the making. Honestly...anyone else notice that the male actors in TN's lately are better with the kiddies than the females?

Naming the little one after his bro sort of convinces me that we will be seeing this little angel eventually in the hands of Xochi and Ferny as the parents. Still think Rog's past will catch up with him--probably by Virus ratting him out, and he'll wind up in jail.

If there was any doubt the Virus was stepping over the edge, adding her own daughter to her vengeance list seals that. And I'm still of the mind since this is supposed to be a comedy, that she will get redeemed some how. My brain might implode when that happens.

Was happy Ferny had that talk with Xochi. And that should mean the writers will get her to stop whining. The whole Cardy/Jessica mess- just stupid. Guess they had to pick on one couple. And as for Richie Ric, all signs point to him losing it all and back to sleeping on a pallet soon. And I still don't care.

Off to buy the pumpkin!!
 

Thank you Madelaine for snappy recap to,a filler episode and thank you for,the recipe.
I'm glad that the Xochy- Ferny storyline was exposed because it was tiring.
I love the new name Killeronica, it's so appropriate. She is seriously taking a downward spiral. She needs help in the worst way.
Pablo, thank you for the poem, it was hilarious as always.
 

Mads, thanks so much for this recap and recipe. Though I don't drink coffee, I'm going to try and tweak it into another type of warm beverage.

Killeronicam, wow. I didn't think a "comedy" character could be so horrible though Uni has a tendency to make women particularly villainous.

It was cute Rog named his child after Ferny.
 

Coming in late.... Bernabe looks like Ben Vereen on steroids... Pablo, I guess the producers took a trip to Veracruz to find this actor...lol

JubyB. 2nd W of the year...by the skin of our teeth, but still a W. We go to Denver next week...oh my!!
 

Maybe he is also from Puerto Rico, like Jéssica...
 

Mads, so sorry for the late comment. I had such a busy weekend! Great recap and oh my, your pumpkin coffee recipe is making me drool. Thanks amiga, now I have another great recipe to add to my Caray Caray recipe book, "Mad Madelaine's Pumpkin Coffee".
 

Thanks, Mads! Sillier and sillier (the TN, not you -- well, you are a *little* bit silly.)

I can't believe they're still bringing in new characters! These are the strangest ultimas I've ever seen. Maybe for the final I'll just dress up as a monkey with a typewriter.
 

Good Morning Y'all and thanks for all your kind words.

Anon 5:17:

Welcome to Caray Caray. Come back often and comment away.

Susanlynn:

I make a lot of my stuff homemade, although I confess I have had the Starbucks version. I like mine better, less sweet, more pumpkin.

JudyB:

Jetfuel coffee??? Sounds like the coffee we used to make in the Navy in the flight line shack! It would make your hair stand on end, lol.

Pablo:

Thanks for the poem/song and the Stupids movie, lol. Not my cup of tea, but Mr. Mads loved that movie.

Jarifa:

Yes, this is a good way to use leftover pumpkin. I am afraid of what Killeronica is going to do next. I wish the anvil would hit her already!

JudyB:

Thanks so very much amiga!

Pablo:

Thanks so much for the link. Very funny : )

Anon 10:15:

So agree with all you said about our TN : )

TJ:

Thank you. Where is that anvil for Killeronica? I keep hoping it drops on her and the one for Marta too. Enough with this craziness already.

Karen:

Thank you. You can also use this recipe for tea, a strong one, like Irish or English Breakfast. You know Killeronica's character reminds me of that whack job, Violetta, from UFCS. She was just as bad.


 

Lee Fox:

Thank you. Yes, Bernabe does remind me of Ben Vereen. He has got some moves.

Cap'n:

Thank you! We should publish the Caray Caray cookbook. There have been so very many good recipes here : )

Blue:

Thanks! I am silly, lol. You have to be to recap this one ; ) I too can't understand all these characters just showing up at the last minute. Total filler. They are being wrapped up quickly though : ) I also laughed about you dressing up as a monkey with a typewriter, lol. You must post an avatar, like you did with the Pasion Pit, lol.
 

OT:

Yesterday, while watching PARA VOLVER A AMAR, I saw the commercial for the next TN after PEAM. It is LO QUE LA VIDA ME ROBO, by Angelli Nesma. They said it would start on November, and since PEAM is ending soon, I put 2 and 2 together. In the ad, I remember seeing Alexis Ayala and Angelique Boyer. It is a remake of AMOR REAL (Bodas de odio) but in the present time.
Make little monkeys (cross your fingers).
 

Hey, I just went on Google to look for something, and they have a nice Celia Cruz graphic -- today's her birthday, apparently -- with peacock feathers!
 

Ooh, you beat me to it, Blue! I just saw Celia Cruz's birthday.

Pablo, at first I was very grumpy when I read that Lo Que La Vida Me Robo might be next, but then I looked at the cast. Sergio Sendel AND Sebastian Rulli? Yes please!!
 

Mads - thank you thank you for this recap. I saw this epi on Friday night but my entire memory of it evaporated over the weekend.

I enjoyed watching Rogelio hold his son for the first time. For a guy who enjoys power as much as Rog does, it must be a really great feeling to realize that you can create a human being without hardly even trying.

Vero is acting and talking so crazy now, I have to wonder if she has a brain tumor.

I heard the "I'm My Own Grandpa" song once, and only once, when I was a kid. It was sung by Paul Lynde - it was that long ago. Despite hearing it only once, I still remember it! In fact, I can almost picture him singing it. I really loved that guy.
 

Ah. Wikipedia (which could certainly be wrong) says Lo Que La Vida Me Robo will be on at 9, not at 8. So it wouldn't be replacing PEAM unless they are also planning to move whatever's on at 9 now to 8 (unless that one's ending too?).

However, just like that other TN with Jaime Camil we were talking about last week, something about Pobres Tan Ricos, it would also be running just a few weeks behind the Mexican broadcast. Odd.

I hope I don't have to decide between Robo and Ricos, because I don't have time for both. (I barely have time for one!)
 

Sergio AND Sebastian? SERIOUSLY? Sign me up!!!
 

OK
Right now on ''primetime'' are
CI
PEAM
LT
MPV
Since the only onw close to end is PEAM and they said starting in November. I assumed they were talking about it. They still didn't say what time.
Since the last two are not ending soon, and CI hasn't started yer its ULTIMAS SEMANAS, maybe ROBO will replace PEAM and POBRES will replace CI.

Could the times be wrong due to the different time zones?
 

On Canal de las Estrellas, Lo Que La Vida etc. is replacing La Tempestad. We'll see. I don't want to get too excited, but Wikipedia says it also has two of my favorite TN actresses: Daniela Castro and Margarita Magana. Looks like an all-star cast!
 

And Luis Gatica for dessert!
 

It said 9pm eastern/8 central. But that's wikipedia. The times could just plain be wrong, period.
 

Robo will be replacing LT which is being chopped up so much, it should end in early December.

Ricos will be replacing PEAM. It is on the Uni website.

CI isn't even in Ultimas Semanas yet so we don't know what is replacing that one, except maybe the remake of Secundo Madre which stars Susana Gonzales.
 

Oh, as far as how far ahead a TN is in Mexico before they air it here, Refugio was not that far ahead in Mexico when they started airing it here. Also Robo will not be that far behind airing here also. LT ends this Sunday in Mexico. It will end up being only 122 epis.
 

We'll see...

I remember the word NOVEMBER and nothing else ends in november except PEAM, right?
23 episodes left equals 1 month and half a week.

Unless Univisión advertise something and then say. Ups, sorry, our bad, wrong ad, please forgive us, yeah right!

BTW, on IMDB (what is almost as inexact as wiki) Jaime Camil doesnt have POBRES in his filmography.
 

Pablo,

They did do that with Una Familia con Suerte. They advertised it way ahead of time and it finally aired like five months later.
 

Actually, Univision did that with UFCS. They advertised it for several weeks as "muy pronto," but then those ads suddenly disappeared and they aired something else instead. They didn't mention Familia again until months later. (But they didn't say they were sorry!)
 

Ha! Sorry, Madelaine! I guess I'm still sore about the whole UFCS scheduling thing. Delaying it for months and then doubling up the episodes. Grrr!!
 

Julie:

I was mad when they did that. I think it had to do with the extention of Dinero. I can't stand when they double up episodes. Didn't they start that with Dinero, then UFCS, then Refugio. I hope we never have those again.
 

Did Minerva tell Alma that “Marcia” was going to take the baby for an outing? I would have stopped letting her visit if someone had told me that someone who is practically a stranger was going to take my baby for an outing. And why are they letting a “practically a stranger” have access to their child, anyway?

Is it a badge of honor for a TN to go to 180+ eps? I’m one of the very, very, VERY few who like this TN, but I’m ready for it to end—and not like CME or AB during ultimas semanas where you’re torn between wanting it to never end and wanting to see what happens to everybody (usually the big bads) at the end. This time I’m just wanting it to be done.

Having a major character leave ¾ of the way through had them scrambling to fill a lot of screen time. These writers just weren’t up to the task.

Don’t rain fire on me, but I feel a little sorry for Vero. Not that I don’t want her anvil to be big (though, since she didn’t die in childbirth, I don’t want death for her). Not that I condone anything she’s done. I just look at her and see what her life might have been like if she just hadn’t pinned all her hopes on getting Jesus. I figure Vero will end up in the psych hospital with Marta—and/or Marcia, if she gets trapped there for eternity since Marcia may be driven mad by having spent all that time in the madhouse.

Nanette
 

Madelaine, sorry to be so very late checking in. This was a wonderful recap of a more and more distressing plot. I admire your ability to keep your head above the slime!! while you deliver a detailed and excellent retelling.

Thanks too for the pumpkin spice coffee. I can't wait to try it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder