Thursday, October 24, 2013

PEAM #162-10/23/13: My Name Is Alma Montemayor Mejia and I Am a Murderer!

Recap by Pablo

Alma is sent to jail

Turns out Marta's cold body was found in a warehouse. Everything incriminates Alma, so the police go to her house and take her using excess force and brutality, she, who has no breast milk because Verónica scared the milk away and left only chicharrón seco, is so surprised that she offers no resistance.  Chatita ,who cries and pulls to avoid it, to no avail. Oh, what am I going to say to Valentina now? Oh, I remember, the queen went away to another kingdom and now the hero must go and fight the dragon to save her! She'll believe that!!
Note to Juan Osorio: Please let Carmen Salinas retire before it is too late and we end up hating her more than we already do. She could be doing production or anything behind the cameras. 

Alma is suspect #1

Police takes fingerprints from the body and from the crime scene. It takes like a whole day for them to compare and discover whose body this is. Jesús, who is smarter than any generic policeman, went first thing in the morning to the House of laughter and unveiled the whole truth even for the doctor, who was, alongside with cheated men, the last to know. When the police finally find out the dead one is not Marcia but her twin sister Marta, go to the clinic to notify the real Marcia, who finally gets someone to believe what she has been saying since episode 103. I am not me! I am my twin sister! No wonder they thought she was the crazy one!!

Alma is a amnesic

She lost 2 hours of her life and doesn't remember what happened between the pharmacy and her house. When she woke up, she was in the truck in front of her house with a blank stare not remembering anything she did for the last 2 hours. Now she understands what Chatita was going through and it  is not pretty, is it?

Alma is oblivious to Julio and Aída's mischief

Julio and Aída, after trying numerous times with no success, get into Pánfilo's store room but quickies are not easy in small places and since they have never practiced in a plane's toilet, there's no luck this time either. Julio almost breaks his leg when he put it inside a red bucket (what's love and red buckets have to do in this TN? -and there's more red buckets on a shelf, I guess each one of them symbolizes true love for every person working at Avon) and now his leg is all wet. Aída has cramps and Julio has an unsatisfied desire to be with her. The more they try the less they succeed. Why not take it easy? Let the feeling flow... let things happen, spontaneously... seriously... 

Another couple Alma is missing are Cantú and Domitila, who have agreed to do the ''thing'', but after she gets the ring. No jumping on the bed until they see the judge of peace and sign all the related paperwork . Remember, papers speak, clear and loud. I want ''casorio'' said Domi and Cantú couldn't do much except smile and face his fate, he will lose his freedom (and I am sure he will, but I guess marriage is better than jail). I wonder how Domitila can work eight hours a day doing all kinds of household chores in those heels. They're at least 4 inches tall!!

Alma is not practicing her main social skill: gossip

Avon becomes literally a henhouse, when all hell breaks loose and everybody starts speculating about Alma and what's going on around her. It actually looks like the Tower of Babel , when all women speak at the same time, and nobody understands or pays attention to what the rest are saying. They haven't been so excited since the last required hospital visit, a field trip they all love!

The gears of the gossip machine work nonstop with every little detail that comes through. Avon has never been so busy, not because everybody is working, but because they are all running their lips. That PEAM water will become very handy for dry throats.

Alma is not able to help Ricardo

Ricardo has lost everything he had. Easy come, easy go, or like we say in México, lo del agua al agua. Now the only thing he can do (because he doesn't remember how he was able to survive more than 30 years without two pennies to rub together, before becoming a ''new rich'') is commit suicide. AGAIN??? Is everybody in this TN attempting to commit suicide at the slightest of problems? I don't know where Ricardo lives, but to kill himself he chose the bridge across the street from the purple towers, where Avon is. Inside, Marisela and Virgin-not are joining efforts to save the man. I wonder if they will be able to see him through the window and still get there in time to save him? Too bad Jesús is not around, with his super speed, he could have been able to run from the roof to the bridge without messing up his hair and/or sweating!! Suicide is a mistake, fortunately it only happens once, if you really want to succeed, not just cry for attention like a baby! Buaah! I can't deal with my own stupidity! I better kill myself jumping from the bridge with no traffic. I wanna die, but I also want somebody to see me in time and stop me! Note to Ricardo: There's more effective ways to kill oneself than jumping from a bridge. Jumping could leave you paraplegic and worse than you are now. If you feel bad now, imagine having to spend the rest of your life on a wheelchair!! Even to kill yourself you have to be smart!

Alma is innocent

Jesús goes to see Astudillo (the only multipurpose lawyer in town) to fight for Alma, who he is sure is innocent and luckily doesn't have a gastric ulcer. He goes to jail and demands to see her. After responding to some questioning he gets to talk to her, but after that he is not so sure it was a good idea. Fernando and Patricia are there and then Don Sebastián arrives. Everybody should be here, but half of the Avon staff really love Hospitals and gossip, not jail!! Sorry Alma! 
When Jesús finally sees her and their eyes meet, we get to hear yet another part of the same song, but now talking about issues that deal with love when it has conquered fate. Oh, and that with another flashback including all the kisses, the proposal, and other miscellaneous... BTW, The little elephant baby is now Luisa, not Luisita. See the pattern here? the baby is not Luisita anymore but Luisa, a secas, like her ''adopted grandmother''. I smell something fishy...
When Jesús leaves Alma he finds he has 24 lost calls from OC Chatita, who not happy with leaving one or two and then wait for a response, called 22 more times!!!

Alma is wrongfully jailed

Since Alma doesn't remember what happened during those 2 hours in her life, she doubts she is that innocent. She needed some crazy glue and Marta used it all up in her shoelace on her forehead, the rest is history. Jesús goes to see Delia and accidentally reveals that he has been doing some investigation on his own. Delia doesn't know who to believe, but Marta Ferrer Benítez is cold and she didn't kill herself, c'mon, she was not THAT CRAZY!

Alma is framed

While we find out they're pears or they're apples (it makes more sense in spanish), Xóxhitl is the only one working and doing everything with the sole help of Julio. Everybody else is out there standing, talking and talking about the same thing: What prompted beautiful and proper Alma to commit that hideous crime? All Marcia was doing was saving Rhinos and Platypusses from extinction and not damaging the ozone layer using crazy glue in spray or Aquanet, is that sooo bad? Now who will take care of the sea turtles and the muskrats?? Please tells us? Why Marcia, why her and not me, oh God? Even Patricia seems to be not working. Fortunately Ivonne double breast, I mean, she can double as cook and receptionist, right?

Alma is gorgeous

Even when they take those mugshots in the dark, isn't she? Her plate's numbers are FAC/AO-4T1/147/13-01 R1 and she is 1.90 Mts tall, but anyway.
She also looks good on the wall where Verónica has the pictures of all the people she wants to send 6 feet under with no return ticket. And speaking of gorgeous, where in the world did Verónica get all those glamour shots from the people she wants to kill? Chatita, who looks unusually beautiful without Pedrito Fernández haircut in a black and gold suit, Patricia, Rogelio, Jesús showing muscle, Alma and the family portrait? Did she printed all from PEAM's Facebook page? Since the line between reality and fiction here is blurred, maybe she visited Unimás' website...

Tomorrow: ALMA will die and go to heaven to watch Jesús start a new life with Marcia, who looooves children so much!

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

Marvelous recap! So funny and snarky.

Chucho should have been a cop. He really found out what he needed to know in no time flat. Also liked the fact he told Delia about Killeronica.

Poor Alma. She must have been given a huge dose of some type of drug to not remember a thing. I hope they find out what it was.

I don't feel sorry for Rico at all. He did this to himself, but I hope they are able to save him.

Killeronica is picking another victim. I hated the way she pointed at Alma's pic with that box cutter and said she'd be in prison for the rest of her life. Yeah, right. I wonder who the next poor victim is?
 

Pablo, thaks for making a fantastic recap and commentary out of nothing. It was very entertaining.

Veronica with her X-acto knife is clearly still on the offense.
It was just a matter of time before Ricardo hit bottom.
Alma's lawyer is ready to make a deal? Maybe they need to find a new one.

Alma's "lost time" makes me think of alien abduction . . And with that thought It is probably better that I stop right here.

Jarifa
 

Such a funny recap of a very unfunny episode!

I think the biggest problem with this TN is that the writers/producers never decided whether it was going to be a comedy or a crime story and in trying to make it both, they failed horribly. I mean, what man goes into a jail cell to see his wife, who has been arrested for *murder*, and has romantic flashbacks? And Alma with her "Gee. I don't remember anything, so I must have killed her! They found all the evidence in my car so it must have been me." Earth to Alma: Do you own a gun? Have you ever handled a gun? Are you smarter than a toadstool? Good grief. This is just pathetic.

Jump, Ricardo! Jump! Your nose will hit first and you'll bounce right back to the bridge deck! Can you tell I don't give a rat's hiney about Ricardo?

Good thing there's less than 20 episodes left or I'd be jumping from something.
 

Anon 3:21:
My thoughts exactly ... jump, Ricardo!
 

Thank you Pablo for your weekly treat. Your recap was far more entertaining than the actual episode.
You are so right about Jesus being "smarter than any generic policeman" and the glamour shots that Killeronica has of her potential victims. Quiet he heck! So I'm sure that Jesus will uncover the real killer very soon because we only have a few more episodes left.
 

How did this one do in Mexico during these weeks? This personality change to the series can't have gone unnoticed.

Great work; I'm scratching my head at this every night.

Veronica went from laughably uber-Felix Unger to batshit crazy to downright lethal. I hope her Karmageddon is intense.
 

Field trips to the hospital -- ha ha ha! That's just what it's like!

Yes, better save those muskrats, Marcia; otherwise where will we get our next writing team?
 

Thanks.
I don't know how this TN made people feel, and maybe we never will.
Televisa has a well oiled mechanism to make people believe everything they make is good.
They use their own programs, like HOY and GORDO Y FLACA to convince people how good something is even when is not. They repeat that so many times that people end up believing it.

I am sure there was people who felt the changes and was uncomfortable, maybe they're posting comments on #YoveoPEAM or juárever the twitter account was, or is.

I wish people show their dissatisfaction when something is not good (like they probably did with LIBRE PARA AMARTE) so little by little make changes in the way Televisa's TN are made.

I was going to insist that we deserve better products, but if they make them, what will I be talking about? God, this is a double blade sword! Cuts both ways!
 

P.S. I saw my first teaser for LO QUE LA VIDA ME ROBO last night, and it definitely said NOVIEMBRE (but not what time.) The plot appears to be that blonde Angelique Boyer is torn away from her true love and forced -- forced, I tell you! -- by witchy Mom Daniela Castro to marry Sebastian Rulli instead. Pobrecita!
 

I didn't watch last night and reading your great recap Pablo, I'm sure it won't live up to your version. I'm having a hard time even caring how this mess turns out, but I stuck it out this far, so my curiosity is getting the better of me. If anything, what they do with Virus has me wondering...I still bet that somehow they will turn her into a weepy, I'm sorry criminal. Big whoop....

Daisynjay
 

If Vero goes to jail, I hope they make her clean toilets with a tootbhrush. Her own.
 

Tks Pablo

Comedy???? Are we laughing yet?

How much longer for this (comedy)?

I just know Mejia got involved in this.
 

I'm becoming more & more a Telemundo fan. El senor de los cielos was really good & so is Santa diabla.
They advertise La reina del sur so I guess they will reshow it.

I expect Tempestad to fall apart soon. CI is just plain awful. So far so good for MPV.
 

Gracias, Pablo, for faithfully cataloging yet another evening of foolishness.

The highlight of the episode for me was when the detective showed Chucho the bracelet in a Ziploc sandwich bag. Am I to believe that the Nuevo Leon police get all of their supplies at the grocery store?

I don't think Chatita called Chucho 24 times out of impatience. I think she probably forgot about the previous calls 23 times. ;-)

Oops. I was wrong about Julio and Aida getting it on every chance they got. I didn't realize they were still being thwarted at every turn.

If Ricardo is contemplating a leap from the overpass, maybe Pancho Lopez will talk him out of it. He's pretty good at that.

Jarifa, I like your alien abduction idea better than the current story.

And I wish my mean mommy would make me marry Sebastian Rulli. (I wish she could arrange it!)
 

Pablo, you're a noble guy. Has to be hard continuing to recap this crazy sludge week after week. But you're saving me the agony of actually watching it, so mil gracias.

Like Daisynjay, I'm invested enough in the off the rails story that I want to know how it turns out, but mercy! I just can't bear to watch right now.

High point of your recap was knowing the hardworking spike-heeled Domitilla (who is sooo beautiful) is actually bringing the ardent Cantu to heel. Well done, lady.

And I have to admit, I actually enjoy the little lady playing Chatita. But maybe if I'd been watching her as long as you have, I'd be completely out of patience.

Anyway, thanks for watching and writing about this, so I didn't have to!
 

Mil ocho mil gracias, Pablo (as Kristel from Llena de Amor would say, except probably without the gracias part).

Alma needs to sit down on her hard cot and do some real thinking. Why would she assume she must have killed Marta? Where would you have gotten the gun, Alma? Why would you have decided to do this, and then blacked out the whole experience? Why do you feel like you've been hit or drugged? At least Chucho suggested that someone had framed her, but then she was all, "Who would do such a thing?" Um, Alma. Can you think of ONE person who hates you and is unhinged? One besides the one who is dead? Just one?

Not-so-Rico is a moron and I don't care whether he survives. Probably Chucho will have to save him, though, in between proving Alma's innocence, running the company, and taking care of the baby and Val and Chatita and Marcia.

The janitor closet scene was funny. I guess those red buckets only work as charms of luuurve if you wear them on your head.

I think Enzo and Pina should come help out at Avon Monterrey while our crew is out of commission and/or overwhelmed.
 

I’m so ready for this one to end. I’m at the point where I really don’t care about any of it. Am curious what they have in store for Vero, but that’s it. I went from really liking this TN to just tolerating it. But, just like Daisy and JudyB, I’ve come this far and I’m going to finish it.

Flaco recommends Corazon en Condominio on Azteca.

Nanette
 

Pablo- Another funny masterpiece! I can't believe Alma can't figure out that she must have been drugged and framed. Really, Alma?

I've decided to just read the recaps for this one. Maybe until the last week. Marido en Alquler is now doing 2 hour episodes, I really like Mentir Para Vivir, even in it's crazy chopped up state La Tempestad is holding my interest (for now), and unfortunately, I have to watch Corazon Indomable once in a while, since I recap it. Something had to give, so it's going to be PEAM.

 

On Tuesday night, Vero told Alma she was going to destroy everyone who'd wronged her "starting with you" and that she would bust her whole life into smithereens. (Er, I think I only vaguely covered this in the recap, "they threaten one another." Sorry about that. And Alma's counterthreat was something lame like "you'd better not.")

Anyway, after a confrontation like that, for Alma to not suspect Vero right away is quite mind-boggling. What's left of my mind, that is.
 

I just have to think that whatever drug Alma was given really scrambled her brain. Maybe Chatita's restored memory can compensate?

Julio was a hoot in the closet. And I may be twisted, but Ricardo's too expected downfall gave me a little chuckle, looking down at the dry river bed from the beautiful bridge.
 

Even if everybody did something about Verónica's threats like report her, get warrants or take better care of themselves, this TN would end tonight. So, they have to keep stretching this for as long as they can, feeling sorry for Valentina and so fort not reporting her mother to the police, etc.
If someone in the real life, says, or at least implies it, or I suspect, I would run to find out the way this cancer don't spread.

Verónica is an illness that need to be removed. She threatens everybody, verbally and with weapons, and yet nobody bewares of her?
I don't know if that last phrase is right but that's how you say it for dogs, right? Beware of Verónica!!
 

Vivi, thanks for the heads-up about Marido en Alquiler! I was just getting ready to start watching it again...but I do NOT have two free hours every evening. :p
 

Hmmm. Beware is a funny verb. I'm not sure it is ever normally used except in the imperative! Every other form sounds odd.
 

Julie:

That's the first thing of thought of, Pancho Lopez, saving people from bridges, lol. He was very good at that ; )
 

Well... I just mentioned it because you know, I am a very beware person. LOL.
 

I am certain Cantu was wearing a wedding ring early on, a very prominent one in order to have caught my attention. It was the first time he was flirting with Domitila on the patio of Rogelio's house while they were brunching. I think he actually made animal sounds at her and she ran off, and then he licked his lips. Sorry if I have made an indelible image on anyone's brain that they will have stuck in there for the rest of the day!

Wordreference says 'casorio' refers to 'boda con poco lucimiento,' a simple or unflashy wedding, SpanishDict.com calls it a "hasty (or) unwise marriage." But there is another entry that says, Mex. boda. So in Mexico there is no pejorative connotation to using the word casorio instead of boda?
 

See, if it were me, I would have turned Vero in a long time ago precisely BECAUSE of Valentina. Yes it's rough to see your mother sent to jail, but in the long run you might be better off.

"No one bewares of her" - heh, I guess it's not technically right, but I like it. It's better than any alternative I can think of:

No one is suspicious of her
Everyone distrusts her
No one is taking precautions
No one is paying attention/worrying
No one is staying on guard

None of those convey exactly the same thing as "beware."
 

Casorio is not pejorative. It is just a very festive way from people from the countryside to call it instead of ''casarse'', that means getting married. Boda, casorio, matrimonio, unión, are all the same. Pancho López would say ''bodorrio'', because he is naco.

We have a lot of other words that end with ''orio'' like jolgorio (party), abalorio (bead), accesorio, etc.
 

Thanks Pablo! I am happy to know this, in case a handsome Mexican proposes!
 

Thank you Pablo. I always enjoy your free-thinking recaps. It's a good thing I have been keeping up with this telenovela (more or less), otherwise I would have assumed this was a completely different one than what we were previously watching. I don't believe I have ever seen such a change in tone before. It's a mess to watch, but the recaps are hilarious. They just keep getting better and better. Thank you recappers!!
 

Pablo, thanks for enduring another unfortunate episode. All we can do is celebrate this tn is ending soon.
 

Julie is going to have a ball on Nov. 19 when recapping Ep. 181. And then we will, commenting on juárever craziness Octavio left for the final chapter in this quagmire. Thanks, Octavio, but despite your efforts, I will report this to PETA, so Televisa stop the abuse and send you to do what you do best. Monerías!!
 

"No one is wary of her"? I like "no one bewares of her" better, though. It's funny. Unlike certain prime-time "comedies".
 

Oh, "wary." Of course! It's the root of "beware"!

I think the finale is a two-hour deal. Maybe we'll do it as a tag-team recap. I don't want to hog all the fun for myself. ;-)
 

Like splitting 80+ minutes among five? Let's round it up to 90.

This is my first time, be gentle...

In what order, weekday order? Like me right in the middle?
 

Yeah, like a Pablo sandwich. Or should I say torta?
 

Vivi: I just realized that I didn't thank you for the CI info a few days ago. Thank you.

Welcome back!
 

Thanks Nanette!
 

"This is my first time. Be gentle."

Oh my, Pablo, even if you vow never to be lured into the perilous bog of recapping again, I hope you'll remain as a regular commenter on at least one of our shows. You are very funny, my lad.
 

OT: Vario: I've noticed La reina del sur mentioned several times on Caray, but don't remember if that was because it was one of the best or one of the worst. If it's one of the best, I think I might check it out. Do you know when it's going to air?
 

Nanette- Reina is considered one of the best, and perhaps the best Telemundo has made to date.
 

Pablo you are the gem in this mine field.. Thanks for your clever and wise recaps.
 

Thanks Vivi. I think I might try that one next--unless it's not airing right away. Have to do some research.
 

I read there's a sequal to LRdS. Is that what's airing? Obviously, I would want to see LRdS first.
 

Nanette- Nope. They are re-airing the original.

Telemundo also had a series of dud telenovelas and so they sped up the end of Dama y Obrero, and are doubling up on Marido episodes, which means they have/will have some holes in their schedule before their new tns start. So they've deciced to re-air their most successful tn to date to fill in the gaps.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder