Monday, October 21, 2013

Recapper stars in her own telenovela!

¿Qué es Common Core?

Carlos and Belinda are a young couple with children in the Mesa Public Schools.  As MPS implements the new Common Core standards, Miss Millie helps Carlos and Belinda understand the changes.  But a secret from Carlos' past threatens the safety of the entire family.



This was just too good not to share with the whole community!  I shot this video series back in May and the Spanish version is out now.  There was an English version shot at the same time, but it doesn't look like that's out yet.  The idea is to introduce parents to the Common Core Standards and get them interested in what's going on in MPS by using the familiar telenovela format, as well as poking fun at a lot of the telenovela tropes (all that stuff we check off on the imaginary BINGO cards).  I even got to say "No puede ser!"  It's not meant to be a stand-alone, but is/has been presented to parents during meetings where they have an opportunity to ask questions and get more detailed information.

Labels:


Comments:
I can't watch videos at work, but I'm looking forward to seeing this when I get home. It's a great idea. I wish you would do a telenovela series teaching me the new wind design code :).
 

Lol...as long as someone else writes the script :D
 

You are very good, 5FT!!! Where in the world do you get the energy to do all the things you do!?!

Very well done!!

Fatima


 

5 ft. Latina what an interesting production! I watched the first episodio (and will catch the rest) and was quite impressed. Ay, "common core" the next educational bandwagon. So glad I don't have to implement it!
Congrats on an outstanding performance.

Jarifa
 

Congrats!
I found it more fun than many so called ''comedy'' TNs.

It is interesting and funny. I laughed a lot with the twists in the plot.
Thanks for sharing!
 

Congrats!
I found it more fun than many so called ''comedy'' TNs.

It is interesting and funny. I laughed a lot with the twists in the plot.
Thanks for sharing!
 

Sorry, that was my twin brother Blapo!
 

Loved it! What a great idea.
 

I love it! Great acting, and very funny. You certainly are talented!
 

This is excellent!, as an educator it's la welcome relief to the everyday stress of the common core implementation.
I love it!
 

I'm glad y'all enjoyed it! It's so hard to keep quiet about some of these projects until after they're released. I've been excited to share this since I read the script. This was the project that started off my superbusy summer. I didn't know when we did this that there was so much controversy around Common Core Standards. I thought it sounded like a good idea, at least the way it's presented...I guess it's all in the way it's implemented.
 

OMG This was SO FUNNY. I was laughing out loud so hard. It was great.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder